End Times and Current Events
April 18, 2024, 06:52:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Biblical Study on Sleep / Biblical Sleep Study

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblical Study on Sleep / Biblical Sleep Study  (Read 674 times)
William
« on: September 03, 2011, 08:49:39 pm »

Comments on Study:

In the book of Romans, Chapter twelve verse eleven it says “Not to be slothful in business.” Also that we should be “fervent in spirit.”

See the above definition on “Fervent.” It essentially means to be zealous. We should be zealous in our work, business, and labour, both earthly and in our work to the Lord Jesus Christ as Christians. We should be zealous in all things for the Lord, and keep watch. We shouldn't be sleeping, nor slothful.

At the end of that verse it says “serving the Lord.” For we serve the Lord Jesus Christ in all we do. So let us serve zealously and in truth. In Romans chapter twelve verse eight it talks about ruling with “diligence.” If your given rule, or responsibility you are too rule with diligence. Also Jesus himself said in his Word to “occupy until I come.” We are to occupy until the Lord Jesus Christ returns, and be diligent, and awake.

As Romans 13:11 says its time to awake out of our sleep as our salvation is nearer than we thought. Indeed the day is quickly approaching fast as we are in the end times. Paul wrote in Romans 13:11 “knowing the time,” and therefore we should be aware of the times, and not fall asleep, but to keep watch until the Lord returns. Watching with faith, and prayer, and the Word of God.

Jesus even spoke in that parable about those men falling asleep that he would come upon them unawares if they did not watch. Therefore we should be aware of these times, because as Jesus said to look up as your salvation draws near, your redemption draweth nigh as the Lord Jesus said I believe. Our salvation is closer than we could have ever thought. Its at the doors.

Now also I Thessalonians 5:6-7 talks about “let us not sleep as do others,” because there will be a falling away as it says in II Thessalonians. A departing from the faith. It also says to be “sober” and “watch” as I said above. We watch, and wait patiently for the return for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now it says those that sleep sleep in the night, and those that are drunken are drunken in the night. Typically you will notice people will drink at nighttime. I myself have seen many people be drunken in broad daylight. They glory in their shame, and hideth it not. Most people go to bars in the evening, and at night normally. We are supposed to be of the day, and not the night. We are to be a light, and salt to the world. We are the children of light, and not of darkness. Let us therefore walk in the light as Ephesians 5:8 says.

Another thing. In Matthew 13:25 it said while men slept that his enemy came, and sowed tares among his wheat, (children of the devil) sowed among (the children of God.) So we need to keep watch, and contend for the faith as it says in Jude 1:3. We need to exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. If the foundations be destroyed what can the righteous do?

Also in II Peter 1:10 and 1:5 it speaks of taking diligence to add to your faith “virtue” which means strength, power, and goodness (See Noah Webster's 1828 for a more deeper definition.) It also speaks of taking diligence to make sure your “calling” and “election” sure. Now I'm not a Calvinist, and don't fully understand that verse, but we should work out our own salvation with fear and trembling as it says in the Word of God.

Now moving to proverbs

The slothful [man] saith, [There is] a lion in the way; a lion [is] in the streets. [As] the door turneth upon his hinges, so [doth] the slothful upon his bed. The slothful hideth his hand in [his] bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth. The sluggard [is] wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason. (Proverbs 26:13-16 AKJV 1611)

Now I myself see a bit of sarcasm in this verse. What I see in this verse is an excuse not to work. I don't fully understand this verse either, but I believe there is more to it. Why is the slothful man grieved to bring his hand to his bosom (belly area)? Because he has no food, because he won't work. The sluggard, or lazy man is wiser in his own conceit, or (Imagination, thought, opinion, idea, etc.)

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12 & 16:25. Now why is he wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason? Well imagine all the time he has to formulate his own opinion in his mind! He just sits around, and doesn't work and has a lot of idle time on his hands.

I know this isn't in the bible, but it does have some truth to it. The saying “idle hands are the devils work.”

Proverbs 20:4 says the sluggard will not plow, because of the cold, or during fall time into the winter. He will then beg for food, because he has nothing, and he will receive nothing for his begging.

In Judges 18:9 when the Israelites were going in to take the land they were told not to be slothful, but that they should take it. Also in Proverbs 18:9 it says he that is slothful in his work, and not being diligent as we should that they are brother to them who are a great waster. So these two run hand in hand.

As well Proverbs 19:26 says that he who wasteth his father (An example would be the parable of the prodigal son in the Word of God) and chaseth his mother away is one who bringeth shame, and reproach to them. Also my dad was a personal example of this taking from my grandparents a lot, and wasting his money, and theirs. I'm gulity myself of this as well in some ways, and not excluding myself from doing these things. So I'm preaching to myself more than anyone.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: