End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 12:00:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Biblical Study on Sleep / Biblical Sleep Study

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblical Study on Sleep / Biblical Sleep Study  (Read 679 times)
William
« on: September 03, 2011, 08:56:51 pm »

[It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:2 AKJV 1611)

In Psalm 127:2 it is vain (useless) for us to rise up every morning early. Better to just get as much rest as we can, and at the same time its vain to sit up late. There needs to be a balance between our sleeping. So a good cutoff time would be like 11:00 P.M. Your time zone the latest you stay up, or maybe half an hour before your actual time to fall asleep. So in this case 10:30 P.M.

Also we shouldn't be sitting up eating the bread of sorrows. Not quite sure on this part of the verse, but I'm thinking it means not to stay up late all sorrowful, and sad about the things of the day. Jesus said himself take no thought for the morrow as the morrow will take thought of itself. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof. It also says that he (God) gives us sleep. So rest and sleep come from God, and after all we do enter into a rest once were saved as it talks about in Hebrews. Pray about it if your having trouble sleeping.

Now Job 33:15 and 4:13 talk about dreams coming upon men in the deep sleep at night, in the slumbering at night, and visions. If you don't like the dreams your getting, or Satan may be attacking you with strange, or terrifying dreams pray for protection from them. If you think your getting visions from the Lord make sure it matches up with the Word of God, and pray about it. Fast if need be.

Now Psalm 4:18 says that we shall lay down in peace, and sleep because only the LORD gives us safety.

Also Psalm 132:3-5 says that we won't, or shouldn't sleep, or go up to our bed, or lay down and slumber, or give rest to our eyes and eyelids, until we have found a dwelling place for the LORD. However it says elsewhere in the Word of God that “Heaven is his Throne” and “Earth his footstool” and the Lord says again “What dwelling place shall ye give me seeing all these things are mine, and created for me?”

There is not much we can give the LORD, however the Lord does now dwell within us, and we are the temple of the living God. The Holy Ghost dwells within us, and were his temple. This is his dwelling place, and home now. See I Corinthians 6:19-20 AKJV 1611

So now we can rest with the Lord having a place to dwell.

Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil [men]. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause [some] to fall. (Proverbs 4:14-16 AKJV 1611)

Now this scripture would describe an unsaved person, but as you can see some men can't sleep unless they have caused some kind of mischief, or cause some to fall. They either cause them to stumble, or kill them, or cause them to fall to Hell. It also gives a warning, and rebuke not to enter into the path of the wicked, or not to go into the way of evil men.

I sleep, but my heart waketh: [it is] the voice of my beloved that knocketh, [saying], Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, [and] my locks with the drops of the night. (Song of Solomon 5:2 AKJV 1611)

Compare this scripture with the one in Revelation where Jesus is knocking, and if any answer he will come in and sup with them, and they with him. Our beloved knocking is Jesus Christ. The Church is a woman, and since were joint-heirs and brothers with Christ as it says in:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together. (Romans 8:17 AKJV 1611)

&

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. (Galatians 4:6-7 AKJV 1611)

Also

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me. (Matthew 25:40 AKJV 1611)

So as you can see from the scriptures that were 1) Joint-heir's 2) sons of God through Christ and 3) Brothers of Christ by being sons of God. Now he is THE Son of God, but we are only sons. So is a difference, but were still brethren with him in a sense. I don't fully understand this to be honest, but praise God for his glorious Word.

Also it says elsewhere in scriptures those that do the will of his Father, the same are his brother, and sister, and mother. This was when his mother and brethren stood without desiring to speak with him.

Hes knocking, and wants both the saved and body of Christ the Church to open up, and the unsaved to open up their hearts so they will get saved. If you also recall the Lord is looking for a Church without spot, and without wrinkle, and blameless before him. The only way we as a Church we be perfect is because it is the righteousness and blood of Jesus Christ the spotless lamb slain before the foundation of the world that covers our sins, and his righteousness is imputed (or given) to us by our faith in him, and his death on the cross, on his shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection, and the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ that saves our souls from death. Praise Jesus Christ our Lord!

He calls us his sister (or Church) his love, and also dove (Remember the Holy Ghost descended like a dove upon Jesus Christ after he was baptized by John the baptist – see Matthew 3:16 Below)

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: (Matthew 3:16 AKJV 1611)

He also calls us his undefiled. As I said above he wants a perfect Church without spot, or wrinkle. It is Jesus Christ who justifies us. Also it says she sleeps in the verse, but her heart waketh. You could think of this like Jesus Christ giving us eternal life. We are his dove, because the Holy Spirit dwells within us.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: