End Times and Current Events
April 18, 2024, 04:59:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Biblical Study on Sleep / Biblical Sleep Study

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblical Study on Sleep / Biblical Sleep Study  (Read 672 times)
William
« on: September 03, 2011, 08:59:03 pm »

Daniel 8:18 says that he was on a deep sleep when the Angel came near to him. The angel had to touch him, and set him upright. So seeing, or being near true holiness might cause you to go into a deep sleep. Its kind of like our bodies dying you could say, because were so corrupted in this fleshly body, and until we get our new ones we won't be able to really see things like that, and handle it. Remember it says “flesh and blood can't inherit the kingdom of God.”

Another example of this happening is in

And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment [was] white [and] glistering. And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem. But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him. And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said. While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. (Luke 9:28-35 AKJV 1611)

As you can see Peter, John, and James were all very heavy with sleep, and couldn't handle what they were seeing I believe. They were fleshly, and in corrupted bodies. Now Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, but he never sinned, and knew NO sin as it says in the Word of God. He was God in the flesh, and therefore could of course handle things like that because his body was perfect. It was without corruption.

Also as you can see they probably didn't know fully what was going on, or what they were doing, because Peter spoke up not even knowing what he said! And than they were of course confused I'm sure and fearful (I would be too) when the cloud overshadowed them. Its interesting to see the Words spoken by the Father were for us to hear his beloved Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

A third example of this is in Matthew 26. This was when Jesus went into Gethsemane with his disciples shortly before he was betrayed.

Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt]. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take [your] rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me. (Matthew 26:36-46 AKJV 1611)

Jesus asked for them to tarry (wait) with him there, and watch with him. Jesus tells us many times elsewhere in scripture to watch. We are supposed to be sober, and watching. Not only ourselves, but here it says watch with him. Remember even Jesus said he doesn't know the hour or the day, but the Father only! So hes watching just as much as we are. Now we know the seasons, and times, but we won't know when the end is for sure. Only the Father does. Now if you believe in the pre-tribulation translation (rapture) than it would be at then end of the seven year covenant that the Antichrist makes. However I'm not going to get into that here, but to suffice it to say only God the Father knows when the end will be. Now after Jesus asked them this he went away not far from them, and fell on his face (biblical humility and humility in prayer) and he prayed. Now after this he came back to them, and found them sleeping. And addressing them he rebuked them saying “What could you not watch with me one hour?” When Jesus is saying this I believe hes asking us for at least an hour of prayer each day at the least. The more the better. Is it really that hard, or burdensome to pray even just one hour? (Now understand I'm preaching to myself as well. I put maybe half an hour into prayer each day, and honestly I need to pray more. So I'm hoping this study will help me get on track. Prayer is very important. One thing I use to do, and I need to start up again is like using a small egg timer (clock) from the store, and set it for an hour, and start praying. If you want to pray for more than an hour, than wait until the first hour is finished, and set it to however much more you want up to an hour. It will ring, and go off at the end of the hour telling you your hour is up of praying.)

You will notice next Jesus said to “Watch and pray” that we do not enter into temptation. I always wonder why I enter into temptation a lot, and I notice that when I pray that it really helps with my temptations. Praying will take care of that, and if we don't want temptation than we must pray. You don't ask than your probably going to end up getting a lot of temptation. Fasting can also help, and like supercharges your prayers. You will notice the next important sentence he says “The spirit is indeed willing, but the FLESH is weak.” Are flesh is so weak, and corrupted, and easily gets tired. Once were born again our spirit is indeed willing to pray, but if we allow our weak flesh to control us were not going to get very far in our walk with Christ. The flesh is weak, and to overcome this we must pray. Its about walking more in the Spirit, and less in the flesh. Putting off the old man, and putting on the new. I  really need to do this myself so badly. This study really is enjoyable for me, but than again its not. As I'm writing this it makes my flesh scream in pain. So there are some things I realize I need to do myself, and perhaps your already doing these, but I'm just sharing this study for the edification of the body.

Now as I was saying the flesh is so weak that we need to combat it with prayer, and were also called to deny ourselves and take up our crosses for Christ daily. Now Jesus went again a second time to pray, and when he came back he found them sleeping again, because their eyes were heavy. At this point he just left them, and didn't even deal with them. I guess you could say its kind of how like we have free will, and he won't force himself on us, or force us to do anything we don't want to do. So he leaves us until were ready to come to him. Just like him knocking at the door. We have to open the door. As someone pointed out to me he won't kick down the door, and impose himself on you, unless like you need a sharp rebuking, or hes chastening you, or maybe your an ordained person, but that's different.

Than Jesus went away the third time to pray, and came back to them the final time and said to them (And you can tell by the words used, and the way they are used with the rest of the scripture on from this point that hes angry with them. Most likely grieved for the hardness of their hearts.)

He said unto them “Sleep on and take your rest.” Basically just keep sleeping since that's what you have been doing, and what your going to do anyways. He also said this along with telling them the hour, or time was at hand, because now Judas who is betraying him, and the others with him coming to take him away.

He said that he was betrayed into the hands of sinners. He also said rise, and let us be going as he who betrays me is at hand. Who knows what would have happened had they prayed with Jesus instead of sleeping. He still might have been taken, but they would have been more spiritually prepared for what was coming. Maybe even Peter wouldn't have denied him, and the Lord is perfectly capable of protecting anyone. Though these things happened too for examples to us in the future. However this scripture shows its not always good to sleep, and that sometimes you should deny your flesh. So this is an example of where you shouldn't sleep. Both in body, and your spirit, because Paul wrote many times to be sober, and watch, and not sleep as do others.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:30:08 am by William » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: