End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 08:36:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Biblical Study on Sleep / Biblical Sleep Study

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblical Study on Sleep / Biblical Sleep Study  (Read 655 times)
William
« on: September 03, 2011, 08:33:59 pm »

This is a personal four day study I have just done, and finished and wanted to share with the Body of Christ for their edification. I give all credit, and glory to the Lord Jesus Christ, and Father God, and the Holy Ghost who directed me in this. There will be about five and a half pages of scriptures, and six pages of definitions, and than the rest are my comments, and rightly dividing the Word truth by the scriptures. Its total length is 29 pages, and will attach the Document once I have highlighted the scriptures, and done a few things so its ready. However you can at least read this for now, and maybe gain some knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.

Please correct me if any mistakes have been made as I want my brothers, and sisters in Christ to correct me on any errors I have made in this study. To edify me, and reprove me. Thanks, and God bless.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Biblical Study on Sleeping

For [the kingdom of heaven is] as a man travelling into a far country, [who] called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made [them] other five talents. And likewise he that [had received] two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, [thou] good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, [there] thou hast [that is] thine. His lord answered and said unto him, [Thou] wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and [then] at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give [it] unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 25:14-30 AKJV 1611)

Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; (Romans 12:11 AKJV 1611)

For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. (Hebrews 6:10-12 AKJV 1611)

One of themselves, [even] a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians [are] alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. (Titus 1:12 AKJV 1611)

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. (II Peter 3:14 AKJV 1611)

And we have sent with them our brother, whom we have oftentimes proved diligent in many things, but now much more diligent, upon the great confidence which [I have] in you. (II Corinthians 8:22 AKJV 1611)

This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. (Acts 18:25 AKJV 1611)

Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (James 5:16 AKJV 1611)

Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, [let him do it] with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. (Romans 12:8 AKJV 1611)

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; (II Peter 1:5 AKJV 1611)

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: (II Peter 1:10 AKJV 1611)

Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt]. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take [your] rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me. (Matthew 26:36-46 AKJV 1611)

And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment [was] white [and] glistering. And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem. But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him. And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said. While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. (Luke 9:28-35 AKJV 1611)

These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him. (John 11:11-15 AKJV 1611)

And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. (Acts 16:27 AKJV 1611)

And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead. (Acts 20:9 AKJV 1611)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

William
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 08:39:11 pm »

And that, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep: for now [is] our salvation nearer than when we believed. (Romans 13:11 AKJV 1611)

Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. (I Thessalonians 5:6-7 AKJV 1611)

And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon [him], and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from [his] hands. And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. (Acts 12:6-8 AKJV 1611)

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. (Matthew 13:25 AKJV 1611)

OLD TESTAMENT

Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids. Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand [of the hunter], and as a bird from the hand of the fowler. Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, [and] gathereth her food in the harvest. How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? [Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man. (Proverbs 6:4-11 AKJV 1611)

As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so [is] the sluggard to them that send him. (Proverbs 10:26 AKJV 1611)

The soul of the sluggard desireth, and [hath] nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat. (Proverbs 13:4 AKJV 1611)

The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; [therefore] shall he beg in harvest, and [have] nothing. (Proverbs 20:4 AKJV 1611)

The slothful [man] saith, [There is] a lion in the way; a lion [is] in the streets. [As] the door turneth upon his hinges, so [doth] the slothful upon his bed. The slothful hideth his hand in [his] bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth. The sluggard [is] wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason. (Proverbs 26:13-16 AKJV 1611)

And they said, Arise, that we may go up against them: for we have seen the land, and, behold, it [is] very good: and [are] ye still? be not slothful to go, [and] to enter to possess the land. (Judges 18:9 AKJV 1611)

The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute. (Proverbs 12:24 AKJV 1611)

The slothful [man] roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man [is] precious. (Proverbs 12:27 AKJV 1611)

The way of the slothful [man is] as an hedge of thorns: but the way of the righteous [is] made plain. (Proverbs 15:19 AKJV 1611)

He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster. (Proverbs 18:9 AKJV 1611)

A slothful [man] hideth his hand in [his] bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again. (Proverbs 19:24 AKJV 1611)

He that wasteth [his] father, [and] chaseth away [his] mother, [is] a son that causeth shame, and bringeth reproach. (Proverbs 19:26 AKJV 1611)

The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour. (Proverbs 21:25 AKJV 1611)

I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, [and] nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, [and] considered [it] well: I looked upon [it, and] received instruction. [Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come [as] one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man. (Proverbs 24:30-34 AKJV 1611)

The slothful [man] saith, [There is] a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets. (Proverbs 22:13 AKJV 1611)

But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul. (Joshua 22:5 AKJV 1611)

He becometh poor that dealeth [with] a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich. He that gathereth in summer [is] a wise son: [but] he that sleepeth in harvest [is] a son that causeth shame. (Proverbs 10:4-5 AKJV 1611)

Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean [men]. (Proverbs 22:29 AKJV 1611)

Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, [and] look well to thy herds. For riches [are] not for ever: and doth the crown [endure] to every generation? The hay appeareth, and the tender grass sheweth itself, and herbs of the mountains are gathered. The lambs [are] for thy clothing, and the goats [are] the price of the field. And [thou shalt have] goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and [for] the maintenance for thy maidens. (Proverbs 27:23-27 AKJV 1611)

On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king. (Esther 6:1 AKJV 1611)

In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men, (Job 4:13 AKJV 1611)

In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; (Job 33:15 AKJV 1611)
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 08:43:06 pm »

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:18 AKJV 1611)

Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, [and] like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine. (Psalm 78:65 AKJV 1611)

[It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:2 AKJV 1611)

Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed; I will not give sleep to mine eyes, [or] slumber to mine eyelids, Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty [God] of Jacob. (Psalm 132:3-5 AKJV 1611)

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24 AKJV 1611)

Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil [men]. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause [some] to fall. (Proverbs 4:14-16 AKJV 1611)

Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger. (Proverbs 19:15 AKJV 1611)

Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, [and] thou shalt be satisfied with bread. (Proverbs 20:13 AKJV 1611)

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this [is] also vanity. When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good [is there] to the owners thereof, saving the beholding [of them] with their eyes? The sleep of a labouring man [is] sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep. (Ecclesiastes 5:10-12 AKJV 1611)

Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun. When I applied mine heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth: (for also [there is that] neither day nor night seeth sleep with his eyes:) (Ecclesiastes 8:15-16 AKJV 1611)

I sleep, but my heart waketh: [it is] the voice of my beloved that knocketh, [saying], Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, [and] my locks with the drops of the night. (Song of Solomon 5:2 AKJV 1611)

For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul. Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me. (Jeremiah 31:25-26 AKJV 1611)

Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of musick brought before him: and his sleep went from him. (Daniel 6:18 AKJV 1611)

Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright. (Daniel 8:18 AKJV 1611)

And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep, (Zechariah 4:1 AKJV 1611)

For now should I have lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been at rest, (Job 3:13 AKJV 1611)

I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. (Psalm 3:5 AKJV 1611)

And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do [to me], and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time. And when he saw [that], he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which [belongeth] to Judah, and left his servant there. But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I [am] not better than my fathers. And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise [and] eat. And he looked, and, behold, [there was] a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again. And the angel of the LORD came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise [and] eat; because the journey [is] too great for thee. And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God. (I Kings 19:1-8 AKJV 1611)
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 08:46:16 pm »

Key Definition Terms

Labour, Fervent, & Minister Terms
Unprofitable Terms
DILIGENCE, n. [L., to love earnestly; to choose.]
1. Steady application in business of any kind; constant effort to accomplish what is undertaken; exertion of body or mind without unnecessary delay or sloth; due attention; industry; assiduity.
Diligence is the philosophers stone that turns every thing to gold.
Brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure. 2 Peter 1.
2. Care; heed; heedfulness.
Keep thy heart with all diligence. Proverbs 4.
SLACK, a.
1. Not tense; not hard drawn; not firmly extended; as a slack rope; slack rigging; slack shrouds.
2. Weak; remiss; not holding fast; as a slack hand.
3. Remiss; backward; not using due diligence; not earnest or eager; as slack in duty or service; slack in business.
4. Not violent; not rapid; slow; as a slack pace.

Key Definition Terms [1828 Noah Webster]

Unprofitable Terms
FERV'ENT, a. [L. fervens, from ferveo, to be hot, to boil, to glow.]
1. Hot; boiling; as a fervent summer; fervent blood.
2. Hot in temper; vehement.
They are fervent to dispute.
3. Ardent; very warm; earnest; excited; animated; glowing; as fervent zeal; fervent piety.
Fervent in spirit. Rom 12.

DILIGENT, a. [L.]
1. Steady in application to business; constant in effort or exertion to accomplish what is undertaken; assiduous; attentive; industrious; not idle or negligent; applied to persons.
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings. Provers 22.
2. Steadily applied; prosecuted with care and constant effort; careful; assiduous; as, make diligent search.
The judges shall make diligent inquisition. Judges 19.

SLOTH'FULNESS, n. The indulgence of sloth; inactivity; the habit of idleness; laziness. Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep. Prov. 19.

SLOTH'FUL, a. Inactive; sluggish; lazy; indolent; idle. He that is slothful in his work, is brother to him that is a great waster. Prov. 18.

SLUG'GARD, n. [from slug and ard, slow kind.] A person habitually lazy, idle and inactive; a drone.
SLUG'GARD, a. Sluggish; lazy.

SLUM'BER, v.i.
1. To sleep lightly; to doze. He that keepth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. Ps. 121.
2. To sleep. Slumber is used as synonymous with sleep, particularly in the poetic and eloquent style.
3. To be in a state of negligence, sloth, supineness or inactivity. Why slumbers Pope? 

POV'ERTY, n. [L. paupertas. See Poor.]
1. Destitution of property; indigence; want of convenient means of subsistence. The consequence of poverty is dependence.
The drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty. Prov.23.
2. Barrenness of sentiment or ornament; defect; as the poverty of a composition.
3. Want; defect of words; as the poverty of language.

Additional Terms
Additional Terms
RECKON, v.t. rek'n. [L. rego, rectus, whence regnum, regno, Eng. to reign and right.]
1. To count; to number; that is, to tell the particulars.
The priest shall reckon to him the money, according to the years that remain, even to the year of jubilee, and it shall be abated. Lev. 27.
I reckoned above two hundred and fifty on the outside of the church.
2. To esteem; to account; to repute. Rom. 8.
For him I reckon not in high estate.
3. To repute; to set in the number or rank of.
He was reckoned among the transgressors. Luke 22.
4. To assign in an account. rom. 4.
5. to compute; to calculate.

EXHORT', v.t. egzhort'. [L. exhortor; ex and hortor, to encourage, to embolden, to cheer, to advise. The primary sense seems to be to excite or to give strength, spirit or courage.]
1. To incite by words or advice; to animate or urge by arguments to a good deed or to any laudable conduct or course of action.
I exhort you to be of good cheer. Acts. 27.
Young men also exhort to be sober minded.
Exhort servants to be obedient to their masters. Tit.2.
2. To advise; to warn; to caution.
3. To incite or stimulate to exertion.
EXHORT', v.i. To deliver exhortation; to use words or arguments to incite to good deeds.
And with many other words did he testify and exhort. Acts.2.

MIN'ISTER, n. [L.]
1. Properly, a chief servant; hence, an agent appointed to transact or manage business under the authority of another; in which sense, it is a word of very extensive application.
Moses rose up and his minister Joshua. Ex.24.
2. One to whom a king or prince entrusts the direction of affairs of state; as minister of state; the prime minister. In modern governments, the secretaries or heads of the several departments or branches of government are the ministers of the chief magistrate.
3. A magistrate; an executive officer.
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. Rom.13.
4. A delegate; an embassador; the representative of a sovereign at a foreign court; usually such as is resident at a foreign court, but not restricted to such.
5. One who serves at the altar; one who performs sacerdotal duties; the pastor of a church, duly authorized or licensed to preach the gospel and administer the sacraments. Eph.3.
6. Christ is called a minister of the sanctuary. Heb.8.
7. An angel; a messenger of God.
Who maketh his angels spirits, his ministers a flaming fire. Ps.104.
MIN'ISTER, v.t. [L. ministro.] To give; to afford; to supply.
He that ministereth seed to the sower--2 Cor.9.
That it may minister grace to the hearers. Eph.4.
MIN'ISTER, v.i. To attend and serve; to perform service in any office, sacred or secular.
I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me in the priest's office. Ex.29.
1. To afford supplies; to give things needful; to supply the means of relief; to relieve.
When saw we thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Matt.25.
2. To give medicines.
Canst thou not minister to a mind diseased?
In this sense, we commonly use administer.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 08:47:21 pm »

Additional Terms
Additional Terms
CONCEIT, n. [L., to take or seize.]
1. Conception; that which is conceived, imagined, or formed in the mind; idea; thought; image.
In laughing there ever precedeth a conceit of somewhat ridiculous, and therefore it is proper to man.
2. Understanding; power or faculty of conceiving; apprehension; as a man of quick conceit. [Nearly antiquated.]
How often did her eyes say to me, that they loved! Yet I, not looking for such a matter, had not my conceit open to understand them.
3. Opinion; notion; fancy; imagination; fantastic notion; as a strange or odd conceit.
Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? There is more hope of a fool than of him. Proverbs 26.
4. Pleasant fancy; gayety of imagination.

On the way to the gibbet, a freak took him in the head to go off with a conceit.
5. A striking thought; affected or unnatural conception.
Some to conceit alone their works confine.
6. Favorable or self-flattering opinion; a lofty or vain conception of ones own person or accomplishments.
By a little study and a great conceit of himself, he has lost his religion.
Out of conceit with, not having a favorable opinion of; no longer pleased with; as, a man is out of conceit with his dress. Hence to put one out of conceit with, is to make him indifferent to a thing, or in a degree displeased with it.
CONCEIT, v.t. To conceive; to imagine; to think; to fancy.
The strong, by conceiting themselves weak, thereby rendered inactive.

Additional Terms
Additional Terms
SUB'STANCE, n. [L. substantia, substo; sub and sto, to stand.]
1. In a general sense, being; something existing by itself; that which really is or exists; equally applicable to matter or spirit. Thus the soul of man is called an immaterial substance, a cogitative substance, a substance endued with thought. We say, a stone is a hard substance, tallow is a soft substance.
2. That which supports accidents.
That which subsists by itself is called substance; that which subsists in and by another, is called a mode or manner of being.
3. The essential part; the main or material part. In this epitome, we have the substance of the whole book.
This edition is the same in substance with the Latin.
4. Something real, not imaginary; something solid, not empty.

Heroic virtue did his actions guide,
And he the substance, not th' appearance chose.
5. Body; corporeal nature or matter.
The qualities of plants are more various than those of animal substances.
6. Goods; estate; means of living. Job's substance was seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, &c. Job 1.
We are--exhausting our substance, but not for our own interest.

Additional Terms
Additional Terms
MIS'CHIEF, n.
1. Harm; hurt; injury; damage; evil, whether intended or not. A new law is made to remedy the mischief.
2. Intentional injury; harm or damage done by design.
Thy tongue deviseth mischief. Ps.52.
3. Ill consequence; evil; vexatious affair.
The mischief was, these allies would never allow that the common enemy was subdued.
MIS'CHIEF, v.t. To hurt; to harm; to injure.

SATIATE, v.t. sa'shate. [L. satiatus, from satio. See sate.]
1. To fill; to satisfy appetite or desire; to feed to the full, or to furnish enjoyment to the extent of desire; as, to satiate appetite or sense.
2. To fill to the extent of want; as, to satiate the earth or plants with water.
3. To glut; to fill beyond natural desire.
He may be satiated, but not satisfied.
4. To gratify desire to the utmost.
I may yet survive the malice of my enemies, although they should be satiated with my blood.
5. To saturate. [Not unusual. See saturate.]
WEARY, a.
1. Having the strength much exhausted by toil or violent exertion; tired; fatigued. [It should be observed however that this word expresses less than tired, particularly when applied to a beast; as a tired horse. It is followed by of, before the cause of fatigue; as, to be weary of marching; to be weary of reaping; to be weary of study.]
2. Having the patience exhausted, or the mind yielding to discouragement. He was weary of asking for redress.
3. Causing weariness; tiresome; as a weary way; a weary life.
WEARY, v.t. [from the adjective.]
1. To reduce or exhaust the physical strength of the body; to tire; to fatigue; as, to weary ones self with labor or traveling.
The people shall weary themselves for very vanity. Habakkuk 2.
2. To make impatient of continuance.
I stay too long by thee; I weary thee.
3. To harass by any thing irksome; as, to be wearied of waiting for the arrival of the post.
To weary out, to subdue or exhaust by fatigue.

Additional Terms
Additional Terms
REPLEN'ISHED, pp. Filled; abundantly supplied.
SOR'ROWFUL, A.
1. Sad; grieving for the loss of some good, or on account of some expected evil.
2. Deeply serious; depressed; dejected. I Sam. 1.
3. Producing sorrow; exciting grief; mournful; as a sorrowful accident.
4. Expressing grief; accompanied with grief; as sorrowful meat. Job 6.

Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 08:49:39 pm »

Comments on Study:

In the book of Romans, Chapter twelve verse eleven it says “Not to be slothful in business.” Also that we should be “fervent in spirit.”

See the above definition on “Fervent.” It essentially means to be zealous. We should be zealous in our work, business, and labour, both earthly and in our work to the Lord Jesus Christ as Christians. We should be zealous in all things for the Lord, and keep watch. We shouldn't be sleeping, nor slothful.

At the end of that verse it says “serving the Lord.” For we serve the Lord Jesus Christ in all we do. So let us serve zealously and in truth. In Romans chapter twelve verse eight it talks about ruling with “diligence.” If your given rule, or responsibility you are too rule with diligence. Also Jesus himself said in his Word to “occupy until I come.” We are to occupy until the Lord Jesus Christ returns, and be diligent, and awake.

As Romans 13:11 says its time to awake out of our sleep as our salvation is nearer than we thought. Indeed the day is quickly approaching fast as we are in the end times. Paul wrote in Romans 13:11 “knowing the time,” and therefore we should be aware of the times, and not fall asleep, but to keep watch until the Lord returns. Watching with faith, and prayer, and the Word of God.

Jesus even spoke in that parable about those men falling asleep that he would come upon them unawares if they did not watch. Therefore we should be aware of these times, because as Jesus said to look up as your salvation draws near, your redemption draweth nigh as the Lord Jesus said I believe. Our salvation is closer than we could have ever thought. Its at the doors.

Now also I Thessalonians 5:6-7 talks about “let us not sleep as do others,” because there will be a falling away as it says in II Thessalonians. A departing from the faith. It also says to be “sober” and “watch” as I said above. We watch, and wait patiently for the return for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now it says those that sleep sleep in the night, and those that are drunken are drunken in the night. Typically you will notice people will drink at nighttime. I myself have seen many people be drunken in broad daylight. They glory in their shame, and hideth it not. Most people go to bars in the evening, and at night normally. We are supposed to be of the day, and not the night. We are to be a light, and salt to the world. We are the children of light, and not of darkness. Let us therefore walk in the light as Ephesians 5:8 says.

Another thing. In Matthew 13:25 it said while men slept that his enemy came, and sowed tares among his wheat, (children of the devil) sowed among (the children of God.) So we need to keep watch, and contend for the faith as it says in Jude 1:3. We need to exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. If the foundations be destroyed what can the righteous do?

Also in II Peter 1:10 and 1:5 it speaks of taking diligence to add to your faith “virtue” which means strength, power, and goodness (See Noah Webster's 1828 for a more deeper definition.) It also speaks of taking diligence to make sure your “calling” and “election” sure. Now I'm not a Calvinist, and don't fully understand that verse, but we should work out our own salvation with fear and trembling as it says in the Word of God.

Now moving to proverbs

The slothful [man] saith, [There is] a lion in the way; a lion [is] in the streets. [As] the door turneth upon his hinges, so [doth] the slothful upon his bed. The slothful hideth his hand in [his] bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth. The sluggard [is] wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason. (Proverbs 26:13-16 AKJV 1611)

Now I myself see a bit of sarcasm in this verse. What I see in this verse is an excuse not to work. I don't fully understand this verse either, but I believe there is more to it. Why is the slothful man grieved to bring his hand to his bosom (belly area)? Because he has no food, because he won't work. The sluggard, or lazy man is wiser in his own conceit, or (Imagination, thought, opinion, idea, etc.)

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12 & 16:25. Now why is he wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason? Well imagine all the time he has to formulate his own opinion in his mind! He just sits around, and doesn't work and has a lot of idle time on his hands.

I know this isn't in the bible, but it does have some truth to it. The saying “idle hands are the devils work.”

Proverbs 20:4 says the sluggard will not plow, because of the cold, or during fall time into the winter. He will then beg for food, because he has nothing, and he will receive nothing for his begging.

In Judges 18:9 when the Israelites were going in to take the land they were told not to be slothful, but that they should take it. Also in Proverbs 18:9 it says he that is slothful in his work, and not being diligent as we should that they are brother to them who are a great waster. So these two run hand in hand.

As well Proverbs 19:26 says that he who wasteth his father (An example would be the parable of the prodigal son in the Word of God) and chaseth his mother away is one who bringeth shame, and reproach to them. Also my dad was a personal example of this taking from my grandparents a lot, and wasting his money, and theirs. I'm gulity myself of this as well in some ways, and not excluding myself from doing these things. So I'm preaching to myself more than anyone.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 08:53:54 pm »

In Proverbs 12:24 it says that the slothful will be under tribute which will eventually bring him to poverty I believe, but the hand of the diligent shall bear rule over others.

Also in Proverbs 21:25 it says that the “desire” of a slotful man kills him! Because he refuses to work.

He becometh poor that dealeth [with] a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich. He that gathereth in summer [is] a wise son: [but] he that sleepeth in harvest [is] a son that causeth shame. (Proverbs 10:4-5 AKJV 1611)

Now we shouldn't seek riches, but I think contentment is good. There is a scripture in the Psalms I think, or Proverbs that talks about asking the Lord to give us things that we will be content with, lest we be poor and curse his name by stealing, or if we become rich and forget the Lord. However if you want to have abundance, and make sure you have plenty coming in daily you need to diligently work to supply your needs, and the needs of your family. On the same note gathering in the summer for your parents, or even family is a wise thing to do, but if you sleep in harvest your only going to bring shame and want to you and your house.

Also in Proverbs 22:29 it says the diligent in business shall stand before kings, and won't stand before “mean” men. On the other hand we could say slothful men would stand before mean men. Now mean men according to the Noah Websters 1828 dictionary means:

1. Wanting dignity; low in rank or birth; as a man of mean parentage,mean birth or origin.
2. Wanting dignity of mind; low minded; base; destitute of honor; spiritless.

Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, [and] look well to thy herds. For riches [are] not for ever: and doth the crown [endure] to every generation? The hay appeareth, and the tender grass sheweth itself, and herbs of the mountains are gathered. The lambs [are] for thy clothing, and the goats [are] the price of the field. And [thou shalt have] goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and [for] the maintenance for thy maidens. (Proverbs 27:23-27 AKJV 1611)

This scripture is to the point in what it says, but I agree we should to know the state of our whole business, work, and household running it well. In I Timothy 5:8 it says those that don't provide for their houses are worse than the infidels (unbelievers.) I know this is not done in the same way, because the world has changed everything to where its very hard to run your own farm now. If you can do so I would recommend starting out with like some chickens, goats, ducks, and rabbits, or whatever else you can get. Meat goats are good for putting up for purchase. You could also slaughter them for meat for your house. Starting out small, and pray the Lord would increase your flock and than you could buy land with the money you make, and get bigger cattle like bulls and cows, etc.

Also another thing which sadly is not done in our world much anymore is making our own clothing, which it shows above that the lambs are for our clothing (kind of like how Jesus Christ is the covering, and clothing for our sins,” and that you will have enough substance for thy food, and the food of thy household, and also for any help or hired labourers you might have.

In Proverbs 10:26 it says those who send a sluggard that he is as vinegar to the teeth, and smoke is to the eyes. Now I understand the smoke part in a way, but I have never had vinegar on my teeth. I have looked it up, and apparently it will erode your enamel on your teeth. I don't fully understand the verse, but from what I'm getting from it the sluggard brings like shame, or problems for those who send him.

Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids. Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand [of the hunter], and as a bird from the hand of the fowler. Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, [and] gathereth her food in the harvest. How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? [Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man. (Proverbs 6:4-11 AKJV 1611)

Now this basically says to be diligent and not be giving sleep to thine eyes, but if we compare with other scriptures I think we can conclude it means not giving sleep until you have everything done, and to be diligent in all your work. I like the proverb of the ant, because if you think about it the ant gathers food up constantly, and is very diligent. They don't really have an overseer though they do have a Queen, they gather food on there own for themselves and the nest. It asks the question how long until you get out of bed, and finally get to work and provide for yourself and your house as your supposed to? When will you arise? If you don't poverty will come upon you as an armed man who is wanting.

Now I'm going to segway into another issue, and that is about sleeping. I am a person who has often struggled with sleeping, and getting up out of bed, and often sleeping in. So this is something I have a lot of experience with being a sluggard of sorts. Now only the Lord Jesus Christ can deliver you from this. Only he can free you from it, and first you need to get saved by believing the beautiful, glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ. Once your saved you will have a more effective battle against this. The first thing to do would be to pray about the sleeping problem for the Lord to help you. It could be a chemical, or hormone imbalance, etc. Some supplements can help, however I'm not really good in this area of expertise, but would recommend you to Dr. Scott Johnson at www.Contendingfortruth.com

He could answer all your questions about sleeping issues if you send him an email, and can direct you to some herbal, or organic, or natural items to help, however our trust should firmly be in the Lord Jesus Christ, not a man.

Jeremiah 17:5 says “Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.”

Just stay away from melatonin if you can, because I have used this stuff and in my opinion is just another form of LSD that messes with your mind, and dreams. It can allow demons, and devils I believe to come in, and influence you and gives them an open door, or legal grounds to attack, or affect you. Just a warning as I have used the stuff, and something majorly wrong happened with it. It made me much more alert, and I was having some of the strangest dreams, not to mention seeing shadows, and other things in my room. So yeah avoiding it would be best.

Another thing to do is to pray if any demons, or devils might be oppressing you, and not allowing you to sleep each night. Pray the Lord would cleanse you from all sins, and confess any sins you might have. Pray for protection, and deliverance. Pray for rest, and that you would get rest each night to serve the Lord effectively. I believe its something that might help by praying about the issue, and if needed fast about it.

Now lets look at what the Word of God says about sleeping.

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24 AKJV 1611)

According to Proverbs 3:24 when we lay down to sleep we won't be afraid. Are sleep should be sweet and very refreshing.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 08:56:51 pm »

[It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:2 AKJV 1611)

In Psalm 127:2 it is vain (useless) for us to rise up every morning early. Better to just get as much rest as we can, and at the same time its vain to sit up late. There needs to be a balance between our sleeping. So a good cutoff time would be like 11:00 P.M. Your time zone the latest you stay up, or maybe half an hour before your actual time to fall asleep. So in this case 10:30 P.M.

Also we shouldn't be sitting up eating the bread of sorrows. Not quite sure on this part of the verse, but I'm thinking it means not to stay up late all sorrowful, and sad about the things of the day. Jesus said himself take no thought for the morrow as the morrow will take thought of itself. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof. It also says that he (God) gives us sleep. So rest and sleep come from God, and after all we do enter into a rest once were saved as it talks about in Hebrews. Pray about it if your having trouble sleeping.

Now Job 33:15 and 4:13 talk about dreams coming upon men in the deep sleep at night, in the slumbering at night, and visions. If you don't like the dreams your getting, or Satan may be attacking you with strange, or terrifying dreams pray for protection from them. If you think your getting visions from the Lord make sure it matches up with the Word of God, and pray about it. Fast if need be.

Now Psalm 4:18 says that we shall lay down in peace, and sleep because only the LORD gives us safety.

Also Psalm 132:3-5 says that we won't, or shouldn't sleep, or go up to our bed, or lay down and slumber, or give rest to our eyes and eyelids, until we have found a dwelling place for the LORD. However it says elsewhere in the Word of God that “Heaven is his Throne” and “Earth his footstool” and the Lord says again “What dwelling place shall ye give me seeing all these things are mine, and created for me?”

There is not much we can give the LORD, however the Lord does now dwell within us, and we are the temple of the living God. The Holy Ghost dwells within us, and were his temple. This is his dwelling place, and home now. See I Corinthians 6:19-20 AKJV 1611

So now we can rest with the Lord having a place to dwell.

Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil [men]. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause [some] to fall. (Proverbs 4:14-16 AKJV 1611)

Now this scripture would describe an unsaved person, but as you can see some men can't sleep unless they have caused some kind of mischief, or cause some to fall. They either cause them to stumble, or kill them, or cause them to fall to Hell. It also gives a warning, and rebuke not to enter into the path of the wicked, or not to go into the way of evil men.

I sleep, but my heart waketh: [it is] the voice of my beloved that knocketh, [saying], Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, [and] my locks with the drops of the night. (Song of Solomon 5:2 AKJV 1611)

Compare this scripture with the one in Revelation where Jesus is knocking, and if any answer he will come in and sup with them, and they with him. Our beloved knocking is Jesus Christ. The Church is a woman, and since were joint-heirs and brothers with Christ as it says in:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together. (Romans 8:17 AKJV 1611)

&

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. (Galatians 4:6-7 AKJV 1611)

Also

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me. (Matthew 25:40 AKJV 1611)

So as you can see from the scriptures that were 1) Joint-heir's 2) sons of God through Christ and 3) Brothers of Christ by being sons of God. Now he is THE Son of God, but we are only sons. So is a difference, but were still brethren with him in a sense. I don't fully understand this to be honest, but praise God for his glorious Word.

Also it says elsewhere in scriptures those that do the will of his Father, the same are his brother, and sister, and mother. This was when his mother and brethren stood without desiring to speak with him.

Hes knocking, and wants both the saved and body of Christ the Church to open up, and the unsaved to open up their hearts so they will get saved. If you also recall the Lord is looking for a Church without spot, and without wrinkle, and blameless before him. The only way we as a Church we be perfect is because it is the righteousness and blood of Jesus Christ the spotless lamb slain before the foundation of the world that covers our sins, and his righteousness is imputed (or given) to us by our faith in him, and his death on the cross, on his shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection, and the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ that saves our souls from death. Praise Jesus Christ our Lord!

He calls us his sister (or Church) his love, and also dove (Remember the Holy Ghost descended like a dove upon Jesus Christ after he was baptized by John the baptist – see Matthew 3:16 Below)

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: (Matthew 3:16 AKJV 1611)

He also calls us his undefiled. As I said above he wants a perfect Church without spot, or wrinkle. It is Jesus Christ who justifies us. Also it says she sleeps in the verse, but her heart waketh. You could think of this like Jesus Christ giving us eternal life. We are his dove, because the Holy Spirit dwells within us.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 08:59:03 pm »

Daniel 8:18 says that he was on a deep sleep when the Angel came near to him. The angel had to touch him, and set him upright. So seeing, or being near true holiness might cause you to go into a deep sleep. Its kind of like our bodies dying you could say, because were so corrupted in this fleshly body, and until we get our new ones we won't be able to really see things like that, and handle it. Remember it says “flesh and blood can't inherit the kingdom of God.”

Another example of this happening is in

And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment [was] white [and] glistering. And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem. But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him. And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said. While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. (Luke 9:28-35 AKJV 1611)

As you can see Peter, John, and James were all very heavy with sleep, and couldn't handle what they were seeing I believe. They were fleshly, and in corrupted bodies. Now Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, but he never sinned, and knew NO sin as it says in the Word of God. He was God in the flesh, and therefore could of course handle things like that because his body was perfect. It was without corruption.

Also as you can see they probably didn't know fully what was going on, or what they were doing, because Peter spoke up not even knowing what he said! And than they were of course confused I'm sure and fearful (I would be too) when the cloud overshadowed them. Its interesting to see the Words spoken by the Father were for us to hear his beloved Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

A third example of this is in Matthew 26. This was when Jesus went into Gethsemane with his disciples shortly before he was betrayed.

Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt]. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take [your] rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me. (Matthew 26:36-46 AKJV 1611)

Jesus asked for them to tarry (wait) with him there, and watch with him. Jesus tells us many times elsewhere in scripture to watch. We are supposed to be sober, and watching. Not only ourselves, but here it says watch with him. Remember even Jesus said he doesn't know the hour or the day, but the Father only! So hes watching just as much as we are. Now we know the seasons, and times, but we won't know when the end is for sure. Only the Father does. Now if you believe in the pre-tribulation translation (rapture) than it would be at then end of the seven year covenant that the Antichrist makes. However I'm not going to get into that here, but to suffice it to say only God the Father knows when the end will be. Now after Jesus asked them this he went away not far from them, and fell on his face (biblical humility and humility in prayer) and he prayed. Now after this he came back to them, and found them sleeping. And addressing them he rebuked them saying “What could you not watch with me one hour?” When Jesus is saying this I believe hes asking us for at least an hour of prayer each day at the least. The more the better. Is it really that hard, or burdensome to pray even just one hour? (Now understand I'm preaching to myself as well. I put maybe half an hour into prayer each day, and honestly I need to pray more. So I'm hoping this study will help me get on track. Prayer is very important. One thing I use to do, and I need to start up again is like using a small egg timer (clock) from the store, and set it for an hour, and start praying. If you want to pray for more than an hour, than wait until the first hour is finished, and set it to however much more you want up to an hour. It will ring, and go off at the end of the hour telling you your hour is up of praying.)

You will notice next Jesus said to “Watch and pray” that we do not enter into temptation. I always wonder why I enter into temptation a lot, and I notice that when I pray that it really helps with my temptations. Praying will take care of that, and if we don't want temptation than we must pray. You don't ask than your probably going to end up getting a lot of temptation. Fasting can also help, and like supercharges your prayers. You will notice the next important sentence he says “The spirit is indeed willing, but the FLESH is weak.” Are flesh is so weak, and corrupted, and easily gets tired. Once were born again our spirit is indeed willing to pray, but if we allow our weak flesh to control us were not going to get very far in our walk with Christ. The flesh is weak, and to overcome this we must pray. Its about walking more in the Spirit, and less in the flesh. Putting off the old man, and putting on the new. I  really need to do this myself so badly. This study really is enjoyable for me, but than again its not. As I'm writing this it makes my flesh scream in pain. So there are some things I realize I need to do myself, and perhaps your already doing these, but I'm just sharing this study for the edification of the body.

Now as I was saying the flesh is so weak that we need to combat it with prayer, and were also called to deny ourselves and take up our crosses for Christ daily. Now Jesus went again a second time to pray, and when he came back he found them sleeping again, because their eyes were heavy. At this point he just left them, and didn't even deal with them. I guess you could say its kind of how like we have free will, and he won't force himself on us, or force us to do anything we don't want to do. So he leaves us until were ready to come to him. Just like him knocking at the door. We have to open the door. As someone pointed out to me he won't kick down the door, and impose himself on you, unless like you need a sharp rebuking, or hes chastening you, or maybe your an ordained person, but that's different.

Than Jesus went away the third time to pray, and came back to them the final time and said to them (And you can tell by the words used, and the way they are used with the rest of the scripture on from this point that hes angry with them. Most likely grieved for the hardness of their hearts.)

He said unto them “Sleep on and take your rest.” Basically just keep sleeping since that's what you have been doing, and what your going to do anyways. He also said this along with telling them the hour, or time was at hand, because now Judas who is betraying him, and the others with him coming to take him away.

He said that he was betrayed into the hands of sinners. He also said rise, and let us be going as he who betrays me is at hand. Who knows what would have happened had they prayed with Jesus instead of sleeping. He still might have been taken, but they would have been more spiritually prepared for what was coming. Maybe even Peter wouldn't have denied him, and the Lord is perfectly capable of protecting anyone. Though these things happened too for examples to us in the future. However this scripture shows its not always good to sleep, and that sometimes you should deny your flesh. So this is an example of where you shouldn't sleep. Both in body, and your spirit, because Paul wrote many times to be sober, and watch, and not sleep as do others.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:30:08 am by William » Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »

In Psalm 3:5 and Job 3:13 it speaks about that in Job 3:13 if he should have laid down and remained quiet, and remained still he would of slept, and also that he would be at rest.

In Psalm 3:5 it says I laid me down, and slept, and also that you awake, because the LORD sustained you. So here again we some advice on getting sleep. Its the Lord who will give sleep to us. As it says in the scriptures “which one of us by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?”

For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul. Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me. (Jeremiah 31:25-26 AKJV 1611)

Jeremiah 31:25-26 says that we should (satiate)

See above for Satiate definition. It means to fill, or satisfy, or provide is the jist of it.

He also used a synonym word of replenished as well. So he suppiled, and helped people in need, and every sorrowful soul. If you will noticed he awaked, and beheld that his sleep was sweet unto him. Now were not saved by works as Ephesians 2:8-9 says and Galatians 2:16 also says. See Romans chapter 4 & 5 as well. So many scriptures in relation to this. However we can get blessings, or benefits for our work though. However we shouldn't look for material gain, because as Jesus said “What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” But if your able to help, and its in your hands to do so help the person. At the very least you will go to bed at each night knowing you served the Lord, because its your duty to do so.

Also in Revelation it says...

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. (Revelation 14:13 AKJV 1611)

So we also rest from our labours we do towards the Lord. This is the Spirit speaking here (The Holy Spirit, Holy Ghost.)

Our works will follow us (They DO NOT save us, only Jesus Christ can do that through his shed blood, and work on the cross, and the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Praise him for his glorious Gospel, and Eternal life he has given us. See Romans 1:16, Acts 4:12, Romans 10:10, Ephesians 1:13, I Thessalonians 5:9, and also Matthew Chapters 26-28, John Chapters 19-21 & Luke Chapters 22/23-24)
and we will receive rewards for these works, if they are not burned up that is. So we rest from our labours in the next life, and I think even in this life as we looked in Jeremiah 31:25-26.
Now lets take a look at two other scriptures compared to each other.

On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king. (Esther 6:1 AKJV 1611)

Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of musick brought before him: and his sleep went from him. (Daniel 6:18 AKJV 1611)

Now looking at these two scriptures what is interesting is that they are both kings. Also both are kings of the Media and Persia Empire. So that's kind of interesting as well. Now the Word of God says we are priests and kings of God.

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. (Revelation 1:6 AKJV 1611)

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:10 AKJV 1611)

Notice were priests and kings both to Jesus Christ (God) and God the Father as well. So praise God!

Now if were a king then to God, then these scriptures apply to us. Remember II Timothy 3:16-17. So the king couldn't sleep one night, what was the remedy for this? To read the book of records of the chronicles, or simply read I & II Chronicles of the Bible. I really believe its speaking of those books. You can read them, or have them read before you.

Now another instance of this happening is in Daniel 6:18 however this time the king fasted, and he didn't have any instruments of musick brought into him, because this was when Daniel was thrown into the den of lions. His sleep went from him, and so this is an example of a time we shouldn't sleep as a king. He was essentially mourning for Daniel, and read back a little further to find out how Daniel ended up there, and that as a king you should be wise in your decisions.

After all it says in the Bible that the throne of a king is established by righteousness. See Proverbs 16:12 for that scripture.

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this [is] also vanity. When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good [is there] to the owners thereof, saving the beholding [of them] with their eyes? The sleep of a labouring man [is] sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep. (Ecclesiastes 5:10-12 AKJV 1611)

Looking at this scripture we can see that those who love silver won't be satisfied with it. Nor those who want abundance with increase. They just want more, and more. They keep on desiring more, and they run greedily after it like Balaam did. See Jude for this, and the old Testament as well. Not only that, but it also talks about for the love of money (mammon) is the root of all evil. Essentially self-centeredness. As you will also notice when goods increase, than those who eat them increase. Gluttony, and greed. It talks about in Jude they feast themselves without fear. They can't have enough, and they will never be satisfied. Also it says what good is all these goods, or food, or abundance of things except to those who behold them. An example of those who have tons of gold, and silver in vaults, or a bunch of expensive cars, or big houses. They have their reward as the Bible says, and have what they want in this life, but suffer in the next. If you suffer in this life, you receive good in the next is pretty much how it works. These people behold them with their eyes and lust after them as I John says. Lust of the EYES, lust of the flesh, and pride of life.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 09:04:43 pm »

Than you notice the sleep of a labouring man is sweet. Its refreshing. Whether, or not he eat little or much, because hes working his body. There is a reason God told Adam he would have to work after the fall, and that the ground would bear thistles and thorns for them. He had to work himself hard, and sweat each day to provide for himself, and his family. I have always noticed after a hard days work I sleep really well, and sometimes even crash (fall asleep quickly, and into a deep sleep) sometimes.

However those who have abundance, or the rich will not be allowed to sleep. He does no work, and gets his money through investing, or other means, or corrupt means a lot of times. I'm not saying investing is bad, but it depends what you invest in. I mean investing in stocks you can't even touch, and is just money on a screen, well...however if its say gold, or silver, or maybe just storing up extra suppiles around your home would be a more worthwhile investment, or stuff for hunting, etc. So many things you could do with your money than rather put it into stocks. Maybe buy some King James Bibles, and hand them out to people, or tracts so people can get saved, or CD's for sermons, and salvation messages, or whatever else, etc.

But back to what I was saying. I believe possibly the rich are under a curse, and a lot of rich people have servants to so they don't work as much. I think the Lord is sending some kind of curse on those rich people, because they heap up treasures for the last days as it says in James.

Go to now, [ye] rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon [you]. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. (James 5:1-3 AKJV 1611)

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; (I Timothy 6:17-18 AKJV 1611)

According to this verse we should not trust in riches, but in the living God. In Father God, in the Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Spirit of God the Holy Ghost. Also to trust in his Word which is Jesus Christ according to John 1:1. The King James Bible which is his preserved word in the English language. Check out Psalm 12:6-7 as well.

Now those who are rich Christians should be rich in good works, and ready to distribute to those in need. To less forunate brothers, and sisters in Christ, and even to the lost for in doing so you heap coals of fire on his head according to Proverbs 25:21-22 & Romans 12:20 AKJV 1611 Bible. Also be willing to give to the homeless, and widows, and orphans, and provide things to those who come asking to borrow from you. Jesus talked about that, and said not to turn away him who would borrow from thee. Remember its easier to just let them borrow it, than have to deal with them stealing it, and than you to go through more than need be. Not saying this would happen in every case, but Jesus also said if they want to sue you, or to just take something from you let them have it, unless it would really burden your family, or its needed for your survival, or something.

Also see scriptures in the Bible about checking those who are widows INDEED, and also don't just give to those who will waste your money. An example: I will not give anymore to my uncle money to go buy beer, or cigarettes, because I'm not going to fuel his nasty, and ungodly habit. Sorry, but I'm not going to supply my money for unbelievers, or even believers for that matter to go use it for partying, or things of the world. He use to come ask me, and I use to lend money to him long ago, but I cut it off at one point. When I told him the first time he got mad, and called me some vulgar names. Than he would just find ways around it like going, and borrowing from my mother. If they need gas money, or something than tell them you will ride up with them, and help them fill it up right there to make sure they are not lying to waste your money. This is just something to watch out for, and even more so with so called friends, or past friends, or more so with even family members.

Be wise with what God gives you, whether your rich, or poor. Sometimes you have to learn this the hard way.

However as Ecclesiastes 5:10-12 said the abundance of a rich man, or at least an unsaved one which most are will not suffer him to sleep. You need God, and you need hard work, and good food, and vitamins for your health to help you get to sleep each night. These are just some things that will help.

There is also another interesting verse in Psalm 78. Psalm 78:65 says the LORD awaked as one out of sleep. I don't really understand this verse, but even the LORD here awoke as one from his sleep. I'm assuming the LORD sleeps? I'm not sure to tell you the truth. Maybe hes sleeping on his throne, but is still aware constantly of everything that is going on. That would be some very bad sleep, and you would probably be quite restless I would imagine. I don't really know. Like I said this verse confuses me a little, but it does say the LORD awoke as one out of sleep. I mean would the LORD sleep, and rest in heaven? Jesus did when he was on earth...so why not in heaven? Though they do have bodies of glory that never grow old, or tired, neither do they die. Hes Eternal so I don't see why he would rest, but than if you go back to Genesis you will remember the LORD did rest from all his work at the end of the seven days.

We DO NOT keep the sabbath anymore. We under grace, and not the Law, and Jesus Christ is Lord of the sabbath. So don't be thinking your justified by the Law, because your NOT. Ye are fallen from grace as I posted above in those scriptures, and on your way TO Hell.

So possibly the LORD sleeps sometimes. I'm not sure, and can't really be dogmatic on this scripture, but I believe its very possible. Maybe that's another reason we can't sleep well either is, because of all the evil going on in the earth, and its bothering the LORD he can't sleep, or rest right, and as Christians were going to feel that as well with all the wickedness everywhere. Remember Jesus said the love of most will grow cold, because Iniquity will abound. And its abounding more, and more everyday.

For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. (Hebrews 6:10-12 AKJV 1611)

Now moving back into the New Testament it says God is not unrighteous to forget our work towards of love. We work, because we love God, not because it saves us as I have already addressed before. It is towards him, and his name, and for his word we do this. For the Lord Jesus Christ, and God the Father, through the power of the Holy Spirit, and the King James Bible.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 09:07:23 pm »

We ministered, and do minister to the Saints of God. Also Paul writes, and he says “we” so that would include God the Father, The Lord Jesus Christ his son, and the Holy Ghost. For these three are one according to I John 5:7 in the King James Bible. The new perversions like the NIV, NASB, NLT, etc twist and destroy that scripture if I remember correctly just like they do the rest of it. However they really attack this portion if I'm correct.

It would also include possibly other Churches, and brothers, and sisters in Christ. It even talks about in one of the letters of Peter that the angels even desire to look into these things so I would imagine they even want us to serve be serving the Lord with zeal, and with love, and in righteousness towards the Lord Jesus Christ, and God the Father through the Spirit. It says in Hebrews that they are ministering spirits sent out to those who shall be heirs of salvation (That's us. The body of believers in Christ, and all past believers who have died in the Lord. Those who will be saved are heirs of salvation. Praise the Lord for his wonderful gift of eternal salvation through our Lord, and Saviour Jesus Christ who shed his precious blood for us) and so they are helping us each day I believe. If we fear the Lord we have a multitude of angels encamping about us, and I personally believe we have one specific angel who follows us around all the time (like a guardian angel. I can't think of the scripture off the top of my head for this, but I do believe the scriptures to address this a little) and reports on us, and helps us, and watches us, and may even try to give us nudges, or pushes to do what we need to do sometimes. Not going to be too dogmatic on it though since I can't provide a scripture at the moment.

Also the angels are our brethren according to...

And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See [thou do it] not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. (Revelation 19:10 AKJV 1611)

&

Then saith he unto me, See [thou do it] not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. (Revelation 22:9 AKJV 1611)

They all also desire they would the same (so this implies they were being diligent at the time) show the diligence they are already showing until the end. In other words don't give up (I really need to hear this myself) and run the race set before us as the Bible says, but remember it also says JESUS is the finisher and authorer of our race. It says to the full assurance of hope unto the end. What is our assurance, and hope? That Jesus Christ has saved us, and will save us, and take us to heaven when we die. That by his sacrifice, and blood, and by the Gospel he will save our souls from eternal death. We have assurance of this through his word, and faith, and the Holy Spirit which witnesses with our spirit that we are the children of God. See verse below.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: (Romans 8:16 AKJV 1611)

Paul says that we not be slothful, but through faith and patience we wait (patience!) followers (We follow the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Word of God) of them who through faith, and patience inherit the promises (eternal life.) It talks about in the word of God though we can mark other brothers, and sisters as examples, and ensamples in a good way, and not in the way as Paul marked Alexander the copper smith. We mark other brothers, and sisters in Christ as examples, or ensamples. Someone like Scott Johnson, or Dok, or Kilika. Or someone like Fritz Springmier, etc.

And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon [him], and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from [his] hands. And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. (Acts 12:6-8 AKJV 1611)

Now we see here Peter sleeping between two soldiers when he was cast into prison. This is another good time to sleep, and take your rest, because you might not get a chance later to get much if they decide to torture you by not allowing you to sleep. Remember in Matthew it says it is the Spirit of our Heavenly Father that speaketh in us if were born again. Jesus even said elsewhere that the Holy Ghost would bring all things to remembrance (the scriptures as Jesus is the Word of God) to us whatsoever things he has said unto us. See two below scriptures for confirmation of this.

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. (Matthew 10:19-20 AKJV 1611)

But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (John 14:26 AKJV 1611)

So Peter is sleeping, and taking rest since he figures there is not much else you can do, and its not you who's going to speak. I mean if you speak your probably only going to mess it up, and bring worse persecution upon yourself, or have to go through more, or you will look like a joke and won't be the best of testimony before the unbelievers. They may have taken his scriptures away so you can't read anymore. After hes done some praying, and maybe reflecting on any scriptures he memorized than its good time to rest. We need our sleep since our flesh is weak, and if we have given time to the Spirit, and have been walking in the Spirit than I think its good we take some rest to prepare for whatever evil comes our way the next day.

See Galatians 5:16 & 5:25, also Romans 8:1 & 8:4 too.

So than an Angel came upon him, and woke him up smoting him on the side, and told him to get himself girded (like the girt of truth in Ehpesians chapter 6, and also his sandals the preperation of the Gospel of peace, and also to cast his garment about thee so this could be like the breastplate of Righteousness maybe. Hard to be dogmatic, but it does really look like that could be what this means) and his sandals, and clothing etc. The chains fell off of him (the chains of bondage of sin) and he said follow him out of the prison (which is what Jesus Christ does when we get saved. Were prisoners of the devil as it says in Isaiah Chapter 14.)

[That] made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; [that] opened not the house of his prisoners? (Isaiah 14:17 AKJV 1611)

I'm sure all are pretty familiar with Isaiah chapter 14, and if your not go check it out to understand exactly who this is they are speaking of.

Also this was the Angel of the “Lord” which is interesting. However that's for another study, and time maybe.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 09:09:27 pm »

And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. (Acts 16:27 AKJV 1611)

Here is another scripture we can compare with the Acts Chapter 12 too. Here is an instance of a time sleeping is not good, and that it can get you in trouble. This man was sleeping on the job. If you look though he awoke, and if you read the rest of the story in Acts chapter 16 he got saved too, so therefore he awoke and Christ gave him life, and light as it says in the Bible. See Ephesians 5:14 for the verse on that.

As you can see he would have killed himself, because of his sleeping he was not aware, or missed the earthquake, and he instantly thought that the prisoners had escaped. Back then if you let prisoners escape they killed you for it. So that's why he was going to kill himself, but Paul cried out to him letting him know they were all there. Read the rest of the story to see the final outcome.

And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead. (Acts 20:9 AKJV 1611)

Here is another example of a time that you shouldn't be sleeping. They were up all night fellowshipping, and studying the Word of God, and Paul was preaching to them even until midnight in an upper chamber. Sometimes its just better to sleep when you need to, because as it says in the Bible much studying is a weariness of the flesh, however at other times you have no choice, and have to. Back than (and even now in Countries like China, Vietnam, India, etc) they had to meet in secret, and nighttime was the best time to do this to avoid persecution. We have it so good here in America we can pretty much fellowship, and preach, and worship right out in broad daylight without much persecution in this country. However things are starting to change in this country, and persecution is starting to begin already. Its still quite lukewarm, and safe for the most part, but eventually persecution will come at some point. It has to.

However back to the man who fell asleep, and fell out of a window. He died, but Paul went down in the rest of the story and said to the others not to trouble themselves, because his life was in him (Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of God) as that one scripture says “your life is hid with Christ” in Colossians 3:3

He fell into a deep sleep, and got tired, because they were up so late, and Paul was preaching a long time it says. How long do most preachers preach here in American? What? Like maybe 15 minutes to half an hour? An hour if your in a good church. Paul was probably preaching three, four, five, and maybe even six hours. Who knows. We need preaching like that again. Something to really feed the sheep, and convict them, and get them hungry for more of the Word of God.

So the man suck down with sleep, and fell out, and was taken up dead it says. Not good, and if your tired its best you go lay down. Also I wouldn't recommend sitting in a window like this man!

These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him. (John 11:11-15 AKJV 1611)

Now we see here another example with sleeping. The disciples said if Lazarus sleep he does well, because we need our sleep. However they didn't understand that Jesus spoke of his death, and that he was dead. He finally plainly told them he was, but its not good if your dead without Christ. Moving on you will see as Jesus goes to resurrect Lazarus back to life later. However if you die in the Lord it says in the Word of God that we are “rather to be absent from the body, and present with the Lord.”

So as you can see death is a good thing, because its essentially the way to Heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ. So being absent from the body if your born again, and saved than its good. If your not saved, than I would recommend you get saved, because if you die without Jesus you will wish you could be back in your body. As it saith in the scripture “Where there worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.”

Don't go to Hell!

You will notice as well that it was Jesus that went to wake him from sleep. He resurrected him of course, but it is only the Lord Jesus Christ that can raise you up from the dead even as God the Father raised him up from the dead. Only he can give eternal life to you through his shed blood on the cross.

Praise Jesus for his Gospel!

And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do [to me], and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time. And when he saw [that], he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which [belongeth] to Judah, and left his servant there. But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I [am] not better than my fathers. And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise [and] eat. And he looked, and, behold, [there was] a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again. And the angel of the LORD came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise [and] eat; because the journey [is] too great for thee. And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God. (I Kings 19:1-8 AKJV 1611)

Now we see here one of the most Holy people in the Bible, and one of the only two Translated who didn't see death, Elijah the prophet. Now you will see that he fled for his life in fear, because he thought he had failed God, and that all Israel had turned back from the Lord unto other Gods. He probably felt he was the only believer left, but the Lord explains later that he as reserved unto himself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal. Now after taking a days journey into the wilderness, he found a juniper tree, and he wanted to die. I believe he cried himself to sleep, because he was sad, and tired I imagine from the journey as well. What does the LORD do? He sends an angel, and brings meals to Elijah twice, and became strong, and was also most likely comforted. The journey was too great for him to take, and he had to have that spiritual food to make the journey.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 09:11:01 pm »

For [the kingdom of heaven is] as a man travelling into a far country, [who] called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made [them] other five talents. And likewise he that [had received] two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, [thou] good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, [there] thou hast [that is] thine. His lord answered and said unto him, [Thou] wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and [then] at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give [it] unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 25:14-30 AKJV 1611)

Now the next scripture we look at is the parable of the unprofitable servant. Here you will see its not good to be slothful, and be unfaithful, or slothful with what the Lord gave him. Your supposed to watch as I addressed above, Now two servants actually did what they were supposed to do, and gained double what they were given. So they increased their folds 100% you could say. It says elsewhere in scripture some bring forth 30%, or 60%, or 100% for the Lord. The Lord called the servant that hid his talent in the earth, a wicked and slothful servant. So slothfulness can be equated with wickedness too. He returns the talent to the Lord, but the Lord takes away what was given to him, and gives it to the faithful servant. So it boils down to faith, and that is a very important thing. His Lord even said that if he wasn't going to bring him any profit to at the LEAST put his money to the exchangers so the Lord would have received something at his coming with usury.

So the Lord Jesus Christ takes his talent, and gives it to the more faithful, and than cast out the unprofitable servant into outer darkness. I don't fully understand this parable, but we should be faithful with what were given, and our house, and keep watch, and be walking in the Spirit, and by faith. Lest we be found sleeping, be become rebuked, or chastised. Remember he who knew his Lords will, and didn't prepare himself shall receive many stripes, but he that was ignorant will receive few.

All glory, credit, power, might, honour, and all things to the King of kings, and Lord of lords, and the King Immortal our eternal life, and Saviour Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God. Praise to him, and to God the Father.

Thanksgiving to the Lord for his Word, and salvation in his blood, and sacrificial sacrifice upon the cross when he paid our Sin debit. Who endured the wrath of God for our iniquities, and has brought us back into fellowship with himself, and the Father in Heaven. Not of works lest any man should boast, but that we have entered into his rest.
Glory to the Lord Jesus Christ!

Copyright © by the Lord Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 09:14:27 pm »

That is the end of the study. Once I have highlighted, and done some editing to the Text file I will attach it for others to download so they can read it, and study it anytime they like. This is just a Bible Study, and i'm sharing it for edification for others, so I'm not teaching anyone lol.

All credit due to the Lord Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Ghost which directed me in it.

(ps: You will need to download a free program called openoffice at openoffice.org I think. Its what I used to do this study, and will use for all future studies. Its a really nice free program, and has a lot of useful tools. I think Microsoft Word might be able to view it though, not sure as its a ODF file.)

William in Christ Jesus.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 11:54:48 pm »

I wanted to post a scripture in reference to the area about Psalm 78:65 as I got convicted about it, and needed to correct it.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. (Psalm 121:3-4 AKJV 1611)

You should reconcile that scripture with the Psalm 78:65, and come to the conclusion on it. The Lord brought me a conviction through the Holy Ghost. So that's one thing I messed up on, and made a mistake in. So thank the Lord for his correction, and his chastening.

Behold, happy [is] the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: (Job 5:17 AKJV 1611)

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. (Hebrews 12:6-8 AKJV 1611)

Glory to Jesus Christ

William
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: