End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 01:43:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Homeless man with the "golden radio voice" gets a second chance

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homeless man with the "golden radio voice" gets a second chance  (Read 365 times)
Gabriel
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:00:54 pm »

The homeless man with the "golden radio voice" wanted a second chance -- and did he ever get it.

As soon as Ted Williams, a panhandler who became an online hit after video of him begging on an Ohio roadside was posted to the Internet, appeared on a local radio show this morning the offers began pouring in -- including a dream job with the Cleveland Cavaliers and a free house.

"The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house! A house! A house!," repeated a stunned Williams, 53, on local radio station WNCI.

A caller to the show who said she represented the Cavs offered Williams, who shot to stardom after local newspaper the Columbus Dispatch on Monday posted video of his perfectly-pitched panhandling, a full-time job doing voiceover work for the team and parent company and a free home in Cleveland.

The Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, native trained to be a radio announcer before drugs and alcohol ruined his chances at a career, and he was reduced to begging on the side of a road in Columbus, Ohio, before the newspaper found him.

Local police would refer to Williams as "Radio man," when chasing him from his usual begging spots, Williams said.

"I've been out there about a year; I just didn't know anything like this would ever happen," an overwhelmed Williams said earlier in the show. "There's so many words. I've already been characterized to [Scottish singing sensation] Susan Boyle ... I'm just so happy."

Before the Cavs made their bid, the station said a group of credit unions offered Williams a contract worth up to $10,000; a caller claiming to rep MTV expressed interest in having him guest-announce a show; and callers who said they were the voiceover actors behind plugs for "The Simpsons" and "Entertainment Tonight" said they wanted him to compete on their upcoming "America's Next Voice" -- where the prize includes a home studio.

For a man suddenly thrust from an Ohio roadside into the hearts of the world, Williams set his sights low.

"Just to get back to some normalcy and responsibility -- If I can a job, whether it's a twenty-five or even $18,000, I'd be happy," he said. "At least I know God has me where he wants me."

Here's the clip that made Williams famous:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7215353n

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/homeless_man_with_golden_radio_voice_91PQ3yMBa58vOf1n4MuToJ

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:06:49 pm by Gabriel » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:26:44 am »

that was so beautiful i just saw the update on CBS that was awesome it really made my day. he said he always thanked God even though on the streets.
Report Spam   Logged
Gabriel
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:50:22 am »

http://www.hulu.com/watch/204979/nbc-today-show-homeless-man-with-golden-voice-%E2%80%98thankful-to-be-here%E2%80%99

Here he is on the NBC Today Show

Good for him Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Gabriel
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »

There's nothing good about being brought back into the secular world. He would have been better off telling them all no thanks I'll stay right here without your id cards and slave system.

He has no idea how good he had it! Undecided

Where is your compassion Kilika? This mans testimony is important in my opinion and hopefully it will bring more to Christ. Remember he said he thanks and speaks to God in his understanding. It's not hard to get to know God and not hard to speak to Him. We are not living in the days of Nero where when you became a Christian all your belongings were confiscated and left with nothing. Today God has the opportunity to make our lives fruitful as long as we cry out to Him. Sometimes ppl need to hit rock bottom before God picks them back up. I won't lie, this man might be a bit confused but that won't stop God from giving him another chance and hopefully use him according to His will.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:01:10 pm by Gabriel » Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 11:34:04 pm »

There's nothing good about being brought back into the secular world. He would have been better off telling them all no thanks I'll stay right here without your id cards and slave system.

He has no idea how good he had it! Undecided

Where is your compassion Kilika? This mans testimony is important in my opinion and hopefully it will bring more to Christ. Remember he said he thanks and speaks to God in his understanding. It's not hard to get to know God and not hard to speak to Him. We are not living in the days of Nero where when you became a Christian all your belongings were confiscated and left with nothing. Today God has the opportunity to make our lives fruitful as long as we cry out to Him. Sometimes ppl need to hit rock bottom before God picks them back up. I won't lie, this man might be a bit confused but that won't stop God from giving him another chance and hopefully use him according to His will.

To be frank, through years of having seen celebrities, politicians, sports figures, media reporters, etc, etc that are in the spotlight quite a bit, and profess their faith in Jesus Christ...

Maybe not all of them, but most of them have turned out to bear bad fruit. For example, take that former Rams/Cardinals football player Kurt Warner - was he a genuine born again? I don't know, however, the way the media portrayed him, how supposedly he got many blessings of financial wealth, MVP trophies, record breaking stats, 3 SB appearances while winning 1...all after being a poor-house grocery store clerk...that's NOT how scripture describes a true born again. No, I'm not saying Christians have to be dirt poor and live in YMCAs, but if anything, the whole thing was a SET UP to deceive everyone(ie-after his brilliant 3 year run with the Rams of running up stats and winning SBs, Warner pretty much became average for the next several years, and all of a sudden I heard secular people around me say, "Will Warner curse God now that he's lost his touch?".

Or take Denzel Washington - why does this guy do alot of movies with violence and other filth, of which scripture condemns? One of his previous movies, "The Book of Eli", advertised the NEW King James version in it.

As we all know, the NWO pretty much controls all facets of the media(ie, yes, CFR members are execs of ESPN), so noone gets on that tube unless the NWO approves it. So ultimately, IMHO, I think the NWO puts them there and advertises them as being "Christian" so they can attract Christian audiences toward their brainwashing/mind-control television sets.

Color me surprised if this Ted Williams guy was put there by these NWO guys.

Mat 4:8  Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9  And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Mat 4:11  Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: