End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:09:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pat Robertson and his cRaZy sayings

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pat Robertson and his cRaZy sayings  (Read 4735 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2011, 01:58:16 pm »

Pat Robertson Says Alzheimer’s Disease is Grounds…for Divorce?

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson told his "700 Club" viewers that divorcing a spouse with Alzheimer's is justifiable because the disease is "a kind of death."

During the portion of the show where the one-time Republican presidential candidate takes questions from viewers, Robertson was asked what advice a man should give to a friend who began seeing another woman after his wife started suffering from the incurable neurological disorder.

"I know it sounds cruel, but if he's going to do something, he should divorce her and start all over again, but make sure she has custodial care and somebody looking after her," Robertson said.

The chairman of the Christian Broadcasting Network, which airs the "700 Club," said he wouldn't "put a guilt trip" on anyone who divorces a spouse who suffers from the illness, but added, "Get some ethicist besides me to give you the answer."

Most Christian denominations at least discourage divorce, citing Jesus' words in the Gospel of Mark that equate divorce and remarriage with adultery.

Terry Meeuwsen, Robertson's co-host, asked him about couples' marriage vows to take care of each other "for better or for worse" and "in sickness and in health."

"If you respect that vow, you say 'til death do us part,'" Robertson said during the Tuesday broadcast. "This is a kind of death."

A network spokesman said Wednesday that Robertson had no further statement.

rest: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44530424/ns/health-alzheimers_disease/#.TnJJrdSraSo
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:42:59 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:00:47 pm »

unbelievable.....
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:42:24 pm »

Pat Robertson Blames Tornado Victims, Says It's Not God's Fault

Pat Robertson, host of "The 700 Club," said Monday during the program's airing that God does not send tornadoes "to kill people" and that those affected by the deadly string of twisters in the Midwest and Southeast only had themselves to blame for living in tornado-prone areas.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-blames-tornado-victims-says-its-not-gods-fault-70872/
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:00:00 am »

It makes me think why do some people get killed in tornadoes and others dont? Only God knows.

Could it be Pat Robertson's fault that tornadoes killed them people?

I remember in the Old Testament that "innocent" Israelites got killed because of a sin by a king.

It is possible to die in a tornado because of a sin by Obama.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 12:40:00 pm »

It makes me think why do some people get killed in tornadoes and others dont? Only God knows.

I remember in the Old Testament that "innocent" Israelites got killed because of a sin by a king.

Or maybe, IMHO, the religious right/left is playing the right/left Hegelian Dialect paradigm. For example, when the Gulf Oil Spill happened 2 years ago, Rick Warren came out on his blog saying how it's "blasphemous to say it happened b/c of God's Judgement"(paraphrasing).

So yeah, the religious "right" will come out and blame certain groups of people, while the religious "left" will come out and say it's blasphemous to even mention judgement.

Ultimately, noone knows the answers, so obviously search the scriptures. Either way, you saw this event happening b/c quite simply, the birth pangs are increasing and intensifying.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 08:19:24 am »

you are correct. The people can and will be punished for the sins of the leader. Also the leaders will be choosen based on the sins of the people. so its all reletive.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 06:29:06 am »

Pat Robertson Claims God Will Give One of His Viewers $1M

Controversial televangelist Pat Robertson recently told his audience that one of his viewers will be given a million dollars from God through the power of prayer.

The conservative social commentator and charismatic preacher stated this on a Thursday episode of the Christian Broadcasting Network's long-running program "The 700 Club."

"Just speak the word, touch people's lives. God is going to supply a million dollars. Somebody is praying right now, right this second you're praying for a million dollars," said Robertson, eyes firmly shut in prayer.

"God has said I have heard your prayer, I know your need and I'm going to supply the need that you've requested. It's done, in Jesus' name."

Robertson's words allude strongly to the theology known as the "prosperity gospel," a teaching within Christianity that developed in the 1940s which claims that God wants Christians to be financially prosperous.

Known also as the Word of Faith movement and preached by notable televangelists such as Benny Hinn, the teaching has been criticized as unbiblical by many for its emphasis on material gain.

According to Gotquestions.org, a conservative Christian site, Word of Faith "closely resembles some of the destructive greed sects that infiltrated the early church."

"In sharp contrast to the Word of Faith emphasis on gaining money and possessions in this life, Jesus said, 'Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal' (Matthew 6:19)," reads an entry on their site.

"The irreconcilable contradictions between prosperity teaching and the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is best summed up in the words of Jesus in Matthew 6:24, 'You cannot serve both God and money.'"

Robertson's prosperity claims on Thursday come not long after the televangelist told a viewer that she should pray over some clothes she bought from Goodwill so as to exorcise any possible demons.

"Can demonic spirits attach themselves to inanimate objects? The answer is yes. But I don't think every sweater you get from Goodwill has demons in it," said Robertson.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-claims-god-will-give-one-of-his-viewers-1m-91051/#VBUUo1B2b2U5KAe2.99
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 03:05:11 am »

"Can demonic spirits attach themselves to inanimate objects? The answer is yes. But I don't think every sweater you get from Goodwill has demons in it," said Robertson.

Point blank, Robertson is an idiot!

Hey Pat! Show me one verse in scripture that proves inanimate objects can be possessed. Just one.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 04:02:53 am »

Pat Robertson Claims Prayer for a Million Dollars Answered

Noted televangelist Pat Robertson has claimed that a prayer he made recently on the air was answered for one of his viewers.

A couple weeks ago on an episode of the long-running program "The 700 Club," the founder and chairman of the Christian Broadcasting Network prayed that a given member of his viewing audience would receive a much needed million dollars.

On the Monday episode for "The 700 Club," Robertson spoke of the million-dollar prayer succeeding, as someone identified only as "a businessman" apparently got a check for that amount.

"The Lord gave me the other day a word of knowledge that somebody was getting a million dollars … Remember?" said Robertson.

"I talked to a businessman a couple days ago and he said, 'You know, you have that word?' I said, 'Yeah.' He said, 'I'm just getting a check for $1.1 million from BP unexpectedly.' They just, his income went down at a particular point of time in the Gulf and they were paying off anybody who had a dip in income."

On Thursday, Feb. 28, Robertson told viewers that "some needy person" was going to receive a million dollars, echoing the assumptions of the controversial prosperity gospel.

"Just speak the word, touch people's lives. God is going to supply a million dollars. Somebody is praying right now, right this second you're praying for a million dollars," said Robertson.

"God has said I have heard your prayer, I know your need and I'm going to supply the need that you've requested. It's done, in Jesus' name."

Not long before that Robertson gained headlines for telling a viewer that she should pray over some clothes she bought from Goodwill so as to exorcise any possible demons.

Earlier this month, BP announced that they would be establishing a settlement funding program for the benefit of New Orleans business owners who were affected by the 2010 Gulf oil spill.

According to a press release, Legal-Bay LLC, The Lawsuit Settlement Funding Company, is overseeing the program and specifically focusing on businesses.

"We have begun spreading the word to the New Orleans business market that we are here to help any businesses that need funding today for operations and are waiting for their B.P. settlement check," said Chris Janish, CEO of Legal-Bay, in a statement.

"Our commitment to this region which has been hit hard by both Katrina and B.P. is by spending large dollars to market our products to businesses in New Orleans, and more importantly by funding large amounts to these businesses that simply can't wait any longer."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-claims-prayer-for-a-million-dollars-answered-91799/#zopXxt56J1iRXIsA.99
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 05:45:09 am »

No, your lying Pat, again. And your pushing that false doctrine of "intercessory prayer" junk. Man doesn't get to tell God when to act.

Show me one instance in scripture where demons possessed an inanimate object. Just one case.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 12:25:27 pm »

'Men have a tendency to wander': Evangelist Pat Robertson tells wife with cheating husband she should be grateful for him and to start making her home more enticing
He advised a viewer to stop focusing on her husband cheating because that is the 'tendency of man'

He also suggested it wasn't the man's fault as modern society is filled with temptations

The wife was told 'to make a home so wonderful that he doesn't want to wander'

'Thank God that you have a marriage that is together and that you live in America and good things are happening,' said Robertson

1/12/13
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325542/Pat-Robertson-cheating-Evangelist-tells-woman-grateful-husband.html#ixzz2TTf2o3Oq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mat_5:32  But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

James 1:13  Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Jas 1:14  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15  Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:33:28 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 08:22:26 am »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/30/liberals-praise-pat-robertson-after-shocking-transgender-comments-i-dont-think-theres-any-sin-associated-with-that/
7/30/13
Liberals Praise Pat Robertson After Shocking Transgender Comments: ‘I Don’t Think There’s Any Sin Associated With That’

Christian Broadcast Network leader and personality Pat Robertson, 83, is known for his controversial commentary. And his most recent remarks about the transgender community are no exception. Contrary to what one might expect, though, he struck an understanding tone in addressing these individuals and even made some comments about sin that will raise eyebrows.

When a viewer named David wrote in to ask how he should refer to two female co-workers who are transgender and who have surgically changed sexes, Robertson delivered some surprising advice.

“I think there are men who are in a woman’s body. It’s very rare, but it’s true,” he said. “Or women that are in men’s bodies and that they want a sex change and that is a very permanent thing, believe me, when you have certain body parts amputated and you have shot up with various kinds of hormones.”

Robertson called the procedure “radical” and proceeded to make the most intriguing and controversial comments on the subject — views that are earning him praise among left-of-center blogs that typically lambaste his comments about gays.

“I don’t think there’s any sin associated with that,” he continued. “I don’t condemn somebody for doing that.”

Watch his comments, below:

While he did say that he would question someone who simply claims that they are a man or woman when they might not be, he warned viewers against judging others based on this premise. This, of course, represented a change from past rhetoric.

ThinkProgress, for instance, called the statements “a refreshing change of pace from his usual anti-LGBT condemnations.” And The America Blog claims that Robertson was “surprisingly positive.”

Consider that, most recently, Robertson made comments that some perceived as being anti-gay. When asked by a viewer, “When we ‘like’ things on Facebook, if it’s something that goes against what is written in the Bible — such as pictures of same-sex couples — is that considered condoning the behavior? How do you explain this to new Christian or youth?”

Robertson responded by saying that he doesn’t personally “like” things on Facebook, but that doing so is, indeed, a form of endorsing or condoning. The faith leader added that, if it were up to him, he’d push “vomit” instead of “like.”
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 08:31:04 am »

Seems that Pat is walking lock-step with the Pope. Bet he says we have to worship Mary next.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 10:36:48 am »

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pat-robertson-says-birth-control-very-important-to-limit-appalachian-ragamu
Pat Robertson says birth control ‘very important’ to limit Appalachian ‘ragamuffins’ (Video)
by Ben Johnson
7/31/13

VIRGINIA BEACH, VA, July 31, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Two days after saying he found nothing sinful about sex-change operations, televangelist Pat Robertson said contraception is “a very important part of humanity” that would prevent the birth of too many Appalachian “ragamuffins.” He also said that Natural Family Planning violated the provisions of the Old Testament.

On today's episode of the 700 Club, a woman asked whether the use of birth control is sinful, something about which Catholics and Protestants disagree.

When Robertson's co-host, Wendy Griffith, said not all families could afford to have multiple children, Robertson replied, “That's the big problem, especially in Appalachia. They don't know about birth control. They just keep having babies.”

“You see a string of all these little ragamuffins, and not enough food to eat and so on,” he said, “and it's desperate poverty.”

“I'd say yes, birth control is absolutely an important thing for people to use,” he added, saying contraception “is a very important part of humanity.”

Robertson said that “birth control in the Protestant churches has always been permitted,” because they “feel that the care and rearing of children is a tremendous obligation.”

However, the 83-year-old host had negative words for the Natural Family Planning method. “Our good friends in the Catholic Church forbid the use of birth control but they allow people to use what's called 'rhythm,'” he said at the beginning of his answer. “If you read the Old Testament they were forbidden to have sex while women were having their menstrual period, and the Catholic Church is telling women to do just that, and it's OK.”

The Bible discouraged men from having sexual relations with a woman during her menstrual cycle – or touching her – in Leviticus 15:19-33, a provision taken up by Judaism and Islam.

However, Robertson went on to tell another writer later in the segment that eating pork, which is banned in Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:8, is not a sin.

“Where do people get all these things?” he asked. “This is ridiculous.”

The Protestant Reformers opposed artificial contraception, something not embraced by Protestants until the Anglican Communion's Lamberth Conference in 1930.

Pro-life activists point out that many forms of “birth control” – including the morning after pill, the IUD, and hormonal birth control pill – may cause a chemical abortion by blocking the implantation of a newly conceived child.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 02:34:09 pm »

The Bible discouraged men from having sexual relations with a woman during her menstrual cycle – or touching her – in Leviticus 15:19-33, a provision taken up by Judaism and Islam.

However, Robertson went on to tell another writer later in the segment that eating pork, which is banned in Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:8, is not a sin.

“Where do people get all these things?” he asked. “This is ridiculous.”

This guy has completely lost his mind! WOW!

And notice the author isn't any better...

It wasn't "taken up"! It was a commandment of God handed to Moses and His people Israel, and Islam selectively copied it.

Subtle, so subtle!

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 05:50:23 am »

Mission Congo: how Pat Robertson raised millions on the back of a non-existent aid project

The televangelist claimed Operation Blessing was giving vital aid in response to the 1994 Rwandan crisis. A documentary opening at the Toronto film festival paints a less flattering picture

One of the stranger sights of the refugee crisis that followed the 1994 Rwandan genocide was of stretcher-bearers rushing the dying to medical tents, with men running alongside reciting Bible verses to the withering patients.

The bulk of the thousands of doctors and nurses struggling to save lives – as about 40,000 people died of cholera – were volunteers for the international medical charity Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). The Bible readers were hired by the American televangelist and former religious right presidential candidate, Pat Robertson, and his aid organisation, Operation Blessing International.

But on Robertson's US television station, the Christian Broadcasting Network, that reality was reversed, as he raised millions of dollars from loyal followers by claiming Operation Blessing was at the forefront of the international response to the biggest refugee crisis of the decade. It's a claim he continues to make, even though an official investigation into Robertson's operation in Virginia accused him of "fraudulent and deceptive" claims when he was running an almost non-existent aid operation.

"We brought the largest contingent of medicine into Goma in Zaire, at least the first and the largest," Robertson said as recently as last year on his TV station.

Now a new documentary lays bare the extent of the misrepresentations of Operation Blessing's activities in the Democratic Republic of Congo, formerly Zaire, that it says continue to this day.

Mission Congo, by David Turner and Lara Zizic, opens at the Toronto film festival on Friday. It describes how claims about the scale of aid to Rwandan refugees were among a number of exaggerated or false assertions about the activities of Operation Blessing which pulls in hundreds of millions of dollars a year in donations, much of it through Robertson's televangelism. They include characterising a failed large-scale farming project as a huge success, and claims about providing schools and other infrastructure.

But some of the most damaging criticism of Robertson comes from former aid workers at Operation Blessing, who describe how mercy flights to save refugees were diverted hundreds of miles from the crisis to deliver equipment to a diamond mining concession run by the televangelist.

Throughout the Rwandan refugee crisis, when more than 1 million people fled into neighbouring Zaire and started dying en masse of cholera, Robertson told his viewers that Operation Blessing was at the forefront of saving lives.

rest: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/05/mission-congo-pat-robertson-aid-rwanda
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 09:02:54 am »

Sometimes I wonder where all of these millions of dollars these tv evangelists raise go(other than their own lusts like buying million dollar homes, that is).

Even worse, their flocks continue to give them their hard-earned money b/c they think they're going to become rich. Ultimately, the blame should be layed on the people giving their money away for lacking discernment. Otherwise, these tv evangelists would be flipping burgers instead.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 04:08:55 pm »

Pat Robertson: God can cause missing limbs to grow back, but don’t pray for that

A viewer briefly stumped televangelist Pat Robertson on Tuesday’s broadcast of the 700 Club. During the show’s prayer segment, the viewer asked Robertson why he and his co-host never asked God to replace lost limbs. “Is it because you believe He cannot regrow limbs?” asked the viewer, identified as Dee. “Can’t God do anything? Are you limiting His powers if you believe He can cure cancer but can’t regrow limbs?”

Robertson appeared surprised by the question, and a bit peeved. “What is with you?” Robertson asked. “We believe in God for cancers to be healed and you want him to grow the organ back? I mean, come on.” But the veteran broadcaster quickly regained his footing, citing examples from previous programs about a man whose missing eyeball was “recreated,” others whose missing teeth grew back and a Ghanaian man whose missing leg grew back during a church service attended by 200,000 people. “These are all creative miracles,” Robertson said. “What we are praying for is healing. These are creative miracles, and it’s a different level of faith, a different level of working, but can God do it? Of course, he can.” -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDiM4RVC_jA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/08/pat-robertson-god-can-cause-missing-limbs-to-grow-back-but-dont-pray-for-that/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 02:12:37 pm »

Pat Robertson’s Very Blunt Advice for a Divorced Woman Worried About Hell

“700 Club” co-host Pat Robertson offered up some advice for a viewer who asked him about her two divorces and whether she would “go to hell” if she marries again, telling her that she has picked “a selection of losers” and that marriage probably isn’t for her.

“What is God’s view on divorce? All of my marriages failed,” the woman, Melody, said in a question submitted to the show. “I tried really hard to make them work, but the last husband wouldn’t work or pay the bills, and the one before him was an alcoholic.”

She continued, “Will I go to hell if I marry again? Will I be classified as an adulteress?”

Robertson said Melody should “forget marriage” for now and just focus on herself.

“You’ve got a serious problem and I don’t think marriage is for you,” he said. “You have picked a selection of losers. There is something in your character that draws you to these men who are indigent or abusive.”

Robertson said that she isn’t going to hell, but that she’s making her own hell on earth.

“You don’t need to get married again,” he added, later saying, “I don’t think you’re marriage material.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bp4fyYtlaI&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 03:27:45 pm »

Robertson said that she isn’t going to hell, but that she’s making her own hell on earth.

“You don’t need to get married again,” he added, later saying, “I don’t think you’re marriage material.”

Wow! That's the counseling he offers? No wonder God says His people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

It depends on how each marriage ended. If the spouse leaves her, she's free. If she left them? Hmm, that's a problem. But the first real question is she really saved, or just a church-goin' wannabe? At what point was she born-again? Lots of questions need answers first.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 08:19:27 pm »

Pat Robertson Pushes Back on Young Earth Creationism: 'There Ain't No Way That's Possible'

On his Wednesday broadcast, televangelist Pat Robertson, host of the syndicated show “The 700 Club,” weighed in on Tuesday's debate between Bill Nye “The Science Guy” and Ken Ham at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY.

Robertson voiced his concern over those attempting to promote young earth creationism and urge them to “come off of that stuff.”

“Let’s face it, there was a bishop who added up the dates listed in Genesis and he came up with the world had been around for 6,000 years,” Robertson said. “There ain’t no way that’s possible. You know, anybody that is in the oil business knows that he is drilling down two miles, three miles, four miles – you’re coming into all these layers that were laid down by the dinosaurs. And we have skeletons of dinosaurs that go back about 65 million years. And to say that it all came about in 6,000 years is just nonsense and I think it’s time we come off of that stuff and say this isn’t possible.”

“So there was a big band,” he continued. “That don’t mean it didn’t come spontaneously. Nobody know what cause the big bang, but I say God did. God is in charge of all of this. God is in control and he is the author of all life. But we’ve got to be realistic that the dating of Bishop Ussher just doesn’t comport with anything that is found in science.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/02/05/Pat-Robertson-Pushes-Back-on-Young-Earth-Creationism-There-Aint-No-Way-Thats-Possible

As always Pat is always wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 08:30:25 pm »

Ken Ham Fires Back at Pat Robertson Over Young Earth Creationism; Calls him 'Misinformed and Deceived'

Creation Museum CEO and President Ken Ham fired back at "The 700 Club" host Pat Robertson who blasted Ham's young earth views, calling the controversial televangelist "misinformed and deceived."

"Sad that so many will believe him (who is neither a scientist, nor a Bible scholar) rather than open their Bibles and see that evolution and millions of years are totally incompatible with the first 11 chapters of Genesis and rather than think for themselves and check out creationist web sites like Answers in Genesis," Ham wrote on Thursday in a Facebook post.

On Wednesday, Robertson talked about the much-publicized debate that took place Tuesday night at the Creation Museum in Kentucky between Ham and evolutionist Bill Nye "The Science Guy," and accused the creationist of making a mockery of Christians with his young earth views.

"Anyone who is in the oil business knows he's drilling down, 2 miles, 3 miles underground, you're coming into all these layers that were laid down by the dinosaurs," Robertson said. "And we have skeletons of dinosaurs that go back like 65 million years. And to say that it all came around 6,000 years ago is nonsense."

He added that belief in scientific concepts like the Big Bang do not undermine faith in God.

"So there was a Big Bang. So? That doesn't mean it came spontaneously. Nobody knows what caused it, the Big Bang. But I say God did it. God caused all of this. He is the author of all life," he continued.

"I don't believe in so-called evolution as non-theistic. I believe that God started it all and He's in charge of all of it. The fact that you have progressive evolution under His control, that doesn't hurt my faith at all."

Tuesday's debate at the Creation Museum focused on the question "Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?" It was covered by over 70 media outlets, with estimates saying close to 3 million people watched a live stream of the event, and has prompted several reactions from people with various opinions on the issue.

Ham and Robertson clashed  on the same topic in November 2012, with "The 700 Club" host insisting that the Bible does not claim that the earth is 6,000 years old.

"I know people will probably lynch me for this, but Bishop [James] Ussher, God bless him, wasn't inspired by the Lord when he said it all took 6,000 years. It just didn't," Robertson said at the time, referring to the 17th century Irish clergyman who first argued that the earth was created in 4004 B.C. The televangelist made the same comments this week.

Ham, however, said in his Facebook post that Ussher was a "brilliant Bible scholar and incredible student of history and ancient writing."

"Oh, that God would convict and open the eyes of Christian leaders and Christian college and seminary professors, so many of whom are as uninformed and deceived as Pat Robertson. God have mercy," The Creation Museum CEO concluded.

Protestant pastors are split on the age of the earth. A LifeWay Research survey conducted in 2011 found that 43 percent don't believe the earth is approximately 6,000 years old while 46 percent believe it is.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-fires-back-at-pat-robertson-over-young-earth-creationism-calls-him-misinformed-and-deceived-114117/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 08:41:43 pm »

“Let’s face it, there was a bishop who added up the dates listed in Genesis and he came up with the world had been around for 6,000 years,” Robertson said. “There ain’t no way that’s possible.

Have you ever read the Bible? Anyone can sit down and do this. Maybe you should try it.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 12:23:34 am »

Robertson isn't crazy, he's just a deluded heretic getting rich off of lies and deceit. Standard issue for the devils of the world.

It's people like him that keep giving me the desire to write a letter of sorts "To the Churches of America" (like the letters to the 7 churches in Asia), as a letter disavowing any connection to those heretics, and pointing out how the churches have sold out to the world through 501c3 etc.

Such a public rebuke wouldn't change things overall, but I do believe the truth will profit those individuals who listen.

I just get real tired of these false believers talking lies and making Christians look like idiots. Sometimes my patience wears thin. Give me strength Lord!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 05:18:09 am »

Robertson: Ham's Contentions No 'Joke'

Last week, approximately 3 million people tuned into to watch the debate on evolution between Bill Nye, "The Science Guy," and Ken Ham of the Creation Museum. Ham did a stupendous job articulating the creationist view and contributed greatly to raising awareness to the legitimacy of its claims regarding origins.

Enter Pat Robertson via his appearance on "The 700 Club" television program. During a recent broadcast, Robertson attacked Ham's assertions regarding a Young Earth, more specifically, that the world is approximately 6,000 years old. Robertson concluded the view makes a "joke" of Christians.

Referring to Bishop James Ussher, a 17th century Irish clergyman, who first argued the earth was created in 4004 BC, Robertson said, "Let's face it, there was a bishop … who added the dates listed in Genesis and he came up with the world had been around 6,000 years. There ain't no way ... Let's not make a joke of ourselves." [1]

Robertson went on to say, "And we have skeletons of dinosaurs that go back to 65 million years. And to say that it all came around 6,000 years ago is nonsense." [2] "So there was a Big Bang," he added. "So? That doesn't mean it came spontaneously. Nobody knows what caused it, the Big Bang. But I say God did it. God caused all of this. He is the author of all life. I don't believe in so-called evolution as non-theistic. I believe that God started it all and He's in charge of all of it. The fact that you have progressive evolution under his control, that doesn't hurt my faith at all." [3]

One can appreciate Robertson's acknowledgement of God's sovereignty in the earth's beginnings. But as I once contended in an interview with Seed Magazine, "Clergy … those that have given away a portion of the truth in order to defend the rest of it – are no real friends to true religion or the Bible." [4] Robertson's remarks represent a concession to evolution that has profound negative ramifications for sound theology.

First, the concession indicts the goodness of God. Modern science asserts that the geological ages are predicated on the fossil record, and these fossils speak to us of suffering and death millions of years before Adam and Eve – before the creation of man. That's a direct contradiction of the Bible's teaching that pain, anguish, travail, death and the dysfunctions of nature are a direct result of divine judgment because of man's sin. If there was a primeval prevalence of these things before the fall of man, then that would leave only God himself responsible for such menace and mayhem. The very notion a God of love and order would work arbitrarily and brutally as suggested in evolution's old earth hypothesis - a way so contrary to his own nature - carries with it an implication blasphemy.

Second, the concession assails the authority of the Word of God. The Scriptures claim to be "God breathed," (2 Timothy 3:16), meaning they are without error and infallible. The biblical record is of divine authority and instructs concerning man's origins, his fall into sin, his need for redemption, and the end of all things. Ultimately, we all must give an account of our lives based on the way we have ordered them in accordance with this revelation.

Scott Huse, in his book, The Collapse of Evolution, lists two dozen ways the Bible's account of creation and evolutionary theory contradict each other. For brevity sake, I will mention only seven from his list:

1. Bible: God is the creator of all things (Gen. 1)
Evolution: Natural chance processes can account for the existence of all things.
2. Bible: World created in six literal days (Gen. 1)
Evolution: World evolved over eons.
3. Bible: Creation is completed (Gen. 2:3).
Evolution: Creative processes continuing.
4. Bible: First life on land.
Evolution: Life began in the oceans.
5. Bible: Abundance and variety of marine life all at once (Gen. 1:20, 21)
Evolution: Marine life gradually developed from a primitive organic blob.
6. Bible: Man's body created from the dust of the earth (Gen. 2:7).
Evolution: Man evolved from monkeys.
7. Bible: [Animal life], fixed and distinct kinds (Gen. 1:11, 12, 21, 24, 25; I Cor. 15:38-39).
Evolution: Life forms in a continual state of flux. [5]

Furthermore, Huse notes the general principles of evolution are starkly different than biblical Christianity. He writes:

"The fruit of evolution has been all sorts of anti-Christian systems of belief and practice. It has served as an intellectual basis for Hitler's Nazism and Marx's communism. It has prompted apostasy, atheism, secular humanism and libertinism, as well as establishing a basis for ethical relativism, which has spread through society like a cancer. The mind and general welfare of mankind has suffered greatly as a result of this naturalistic philosophy.

"According to the Bible, man is a responsible creature. One day he will give an account for his life's actions and motives. But when man is viewed as the product of some vague purposeless evolutionary process, he is conveniently freed from all moral obligations and responsibility. After all, he is merely an accident of nature, an intelligent animal at best." [6]

Although Robertson and some other well-meaning Christians try to reconcile the assertions of evolutionary theory with the Bible, the fact is, the two are in no way compatible. Robertson's remarks trivialize the conflict. Belief in an earth billions of years old, a progressive evolving of earth's life, puts the biblical account in question on several levels.

In Exploring Genesis, the great Bible commentator and preacher, John Phillips summed the matter up by asking, "If the Holy Spirit cannot be trusted when he tells of creation, how can he be trusted when he tells of salvation?' [7]

That brings us to a third and final consideration, the concession undermines the story of redemption. Dr. Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky, rightly argues:

"The biblical record of creation is more than just a statement of fact. It is a purposeful account of why the universe was created by a sovereign, holy, and benevolent God as the theatre of His own glory. It reveals purpose not only in creation, but also as a part of a redemptive history. The doctrine of creation is absolutely inseparable from the doctrine of redemption…An old earth understanding is difficult to reconcile with a historical Adam in terms of Genesis and Romans. It entangles many difficulties in terms of exegesis and a redemptive historical understanding of Scripture." [8]

Indeed, Mohler is right, very right. If evolution is true, if the inference of an old earth is correct, then what are we to think of Adam and Eve? Were they pre-hominids or hominids? Did Adam stoop and his knuckles drag the ground when he walked with God in the garden? Did Eve grunt when God asked her what she had done when she ate from the forbidden tree? If the first couple were just early advanced forms of primate, how responsible for their actions could they possibly be? The whole concept is rift with foolish suppositions and ridiculous inquiry. Is this what it means to be made in the image of God? Surely not!

Let's face it, the first man of evolution is much different than the Adam described in Genesis or the writings of the apostle Paul in Romans (Rom. 5:12-19), thus casting doubt on the entire story of man's Fall and God's program to save him in the second Adam, Jesus Christ. (I Cor. 15:22, 45,).

Theistic evolution as Robertson touted is but a compromise that actually does more harm than good. Ussher's chronology may be a subject of debate, although I believe Ussher was a distinguished scholar and knew considerably more about the chronology of man than his detractors give him credit. Nevertheless, from the biblical record, it becomes impossible to set the date for creation much earlier than 10,000 years. And theological disaster ensues when the speculations of men, no matter how seemingly convincing, supplant God's special revelation – His Word.

God is the one who established all scientific laws, and good science will always point to Him. That's why we need not fear there will ever be a discovery of some scientific fact that contradicts the Bible properly interpreted.

Therefore, if Robertson believes that Ham's literal interpretation of the biblical creation account is a "joke," then I suggest Robertson's remarks make him a ham.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/robertson-hams-contentions-no-joke-114319/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 07:34:00 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 07:38:41 am »

Yet again these people are pushing "religious freedom" - they all pretty much say the same thing - "if Christians want to practice their "religious freedoms", then we need to let other (pagan)religions do so as well".

I once crossed paths with a hireling pastor that said how we needed to fight for the "religious freedoms" of Muslims, so we can have our's.

Matthew 10:14  And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Mat 10:15  Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:54:46 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 05:44:21 am »

Pat Robertson Needs to Quit Mocking Fellow Christians, Says Creationist Leader

The founder of TV’s 700 Club hurts the cause of Christ when he mocks Christians who take the Bible literally, says creationist Ken Ham. 

“Pat Robertson illustrates one of the biggest problems we have today in the church,” writes Ham, who leads the Answers in Genesis ministry and operates the Creation Museum in Kentucky. In a lengthy post on Facebook, Ham charges that “people like Robertson compromise the Word of God with the pagan ideas of fallible men!”

Reacting to statements Robertson made on his popular TV program, Ham wrote: “Well the secularists love Pat Robertson today! A number of them are posting a section from CBN’s 700 Club program today (Tuesday) on YouTube and on various websites. They love it that Pat Robertson has once again used his 700 Club program to engage in name-calling as he attacks those of us who take Genesis as literal history (as it is meant to be taken—as Jesus takes it).”

“If you watch the CBN 700 Club program” clips being posted across the Internet, wrote Ham, “you will hear Pat Robertson claim that: ‘The truth is, you have to be deaf, dumb and blind to think that this earth that we live in only has six thousand years of existence.’

“So,” says Ham, “Robertson has called all of you who believe God’s Word as written in Genesis as ‘deaf, dumb and blind.’”

Robertson further expressed “his utter ignorance of science as he equates radio carbon dating with millions of years!” continued Ham. “He just has no idea! Carbon dating has nothing to do with millions of years—he’s using the wrong dating method to even discuss millions of years. Yes, it's his ignorance that abounds.”

Ham then quotes a clip in which Robertson declares:  “There was a point of time after the earth was created, after these things were done, after the universe was formed, after the asteroid hit the earth and wiped out the dinosaurs, and after all that there was a point of time that, there was a particular human being that God touched. And that was the human that started the race that we are now part of. I think prior to that who knows what was here."

“So,” answered Ham, “he appears to be saying there were other human beings before Adam, but only one that ‘God touched’ who started the human race! He doesn’t know his Scripture! For instance, in I Corinthians 15:45 we are told Adam was the “first man.” There were no other men before him.”

Ham also took issue with Robertson’s statements, “To deny the clear record that’s there before us makes us look silly” and “There’s no way that all you have here took place in 6,000 years. It just couldn’t have been done. It couldn’t possibly have been done.”

“Sadly,” answers Ham, “it’s Pat Robertson who makes Christianity look silly, which is why the atheists love him today. What a travesty! This man uses his position on a major Christian TV program to help the atheists mock God’s Word!

“Really Pat Robertson? You mean there is no way God, the infinite Creator, could not have created the universe in six days just six thousand years ago? God could have created everything in six seconds if He wanted too! And it's not a matter of what you think anyway--it's a matter of what God has clearly told us in His infallible WORD!”

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/pat-robertson-needs-to-quit-mocking-fellow-christians-says-creationist-leader.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 05:56:11 pm »

Pat Robertson To Make Full Recovery After Embolic Stroke

Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson is recovering after sustaining an embolic stroke around 12 noon Friday.  A family member recognized the onset of symptoms and Dr. Robertson was rushed to the nearest stroke center.

The stroke center consulted with a neurologist/stroke specialist who quickly ordered a CT scan to determine the cause of the stroke and the location of the clot. The consulting neurologist and the hospital team administered the clot-busting drug tPA approximately 80 minutes after the onset of symptoms.  Within minutes of receiving tPA, Dr. Robertson was awake and responsive and able to move all of his limbs. The neurologist declared the rapid recovery to be a "tPA miracle."

Dr. Robertson is alert, awake and expected to make a full recovery. He should be discharged from the hospital on Monday at the latest.

Dr. Robertson and his family are grateful to the doctors and emergency personnel for their extraordinary care and rapid response.

“We encourage everyone to be aware of the symptoms of stroke and also be aware of the location of the nearest stroke center,” said son Gordon Robertson, CEO of The Christian Broadcasting Network. 

“Stroke kills over 140,000 people in the USA every year and is the leading cause of serious long-term disability," Robertson continued.  "Awareness of the onset of symptoms and then rapid treatment is the key to recovery. We cannot express our thanks enough to the medical team that treated my father.”

Learn more about how to spot the signs and symptoms of a stroke by visiting The National Stroke Association online.

Robertson is the founder of The Christian Broadcasting Network, a 57-year-old global ministry anchored by its flagship program The 700 Club with the mission to take the Gospel to the nations.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/february/pat-robertson-to-make-full-recovery-after-embolic-stroke
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2019, 01:34:46 pm »

Pat Robertson Calls Young Earth Creation ‘Nonsense,’ ‘Embarrassing,’ Claims Universe Is 14 Billion Years Old

During the Tuesday broadcast of “The 700 Club,” televangelist Pat Robertson told viewers that young earth teaching is “nonsense” and “embarrassing,” and that Christians shouldn’t “limit” God to 6,000 years. Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis has since commented on the matter, calling upon Robertson to “repent of compromise” that “undermines the authority” of what God has stated in His word.

Robertson was answering a question during the Q & A segment of his broadcast, as a woman sought to understand teaching that she had heard in church.

“I learned in church that the time of creation was 6,000 years ago. How does that work, compared to science saying dinosaurs are thousands or millions of years old?” the woman, named Sheila, asked.

Robertson responded by advising that he has added a course in cosmology to the science curriculum at Regent University’s School of Divinity because he wants to counter young earth teaching.

He pointed to 17th Anglican Bishop James Ussher, who used both biblical and non-biblical historical sources to chronicle and calculate that Adam was created by God at approximately 4004 B.C., thus dating the earth to be 6,000 years old.

“Well, the truth is the dinosaurs were extinct maybe … about 50 billion years ago, and this planet has been [around] much longer than that,” Robertson asserted. “And there was a course that they were trying to hustle around called creation science that was just nonsense, and it was so embarrassing, so we wanted to make sure we told the truth.”

“You know, this universe that we live in is about 14 billion years old and there’s no question about it,” Robertson claimed. “And we have tremendous geological records and all the rest of it. And that 6,000-year stuff just doesn’t compute. But we, as Christians, we need to know the truth.”

In describing the vastness of the universe, which He attributed to the hand of God, he then told viewers with a chuckle, “Let’s give God the credit for what He did and not try to limit Him to 6,000 years.”

Co-cost Wendy Griffith also laughed, stating, “I’m glad you cleared that up.”

View Robertson’s remarks here at approximately 44:38 into the broadcast.

However, Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis was not amused by Robertson’s remarks and called him to repentance on social media.
Ham

“It’s not those of us who take God at His word who are ’embarrassing’ — it’s the other way around!” he wrote on Friday. “Those like Pat Robertson who adopt man’s pagan religion, which includes elements like evolutionary geology based on naturalism (atheism), and add that to God’s word are destructive to the church. This compromise undermines the authority of the infallible word.”

Ham said that buying into the world’s Godless teaching is “a major reason why there’s been (and continues to be) an exodus from the church of the younger generations.”

“They’ve been taught to doubt and not believe God’s word, beginning in Genesis,” he lamented. “Pat, repent of compromise.”

As previously reported, this is not the first time that Robertson has condemned young earth teaching nor that Ham has provided rebuttal against the claims of the longtime television host. In 2014, Robertson said that Christians shouldn’t “make a joke of themselves” over the age of the earth.

“So, there was a Big Bang. So? That doesn’t mean it came spontaneously. Nobody knows what caused the Big Bang, but I say God did it,” Robertson asserted, outlining that he doesn’t believe in atheistic evolution, but rather a “progressive evolution under His control.”

“You can’t just totally deny the geological formations that are out there — the rock formations and all the things all over the world, especially the bones,” he contended. “And we have found a Tyrannosaurus Rex out there in Oregon or some place — I mean, a full skeleton — and that layer was laid down about 65 million years ago.”

In 2012, Robertson responded to a viewer who was afraid that her husband and teenage sons might leave the faith, including because of questions they had surrounding the existence of dinosaurs.

f you fight revealed science, you’re going to lose your children, and I believe in telling them the way it was,” Robertson remarked.

“Such leaders – including Pat Robertson – have a lot to answer to the Lord for one day,” Ham said at that time. “Such leaders are guilty of putting stumbling blocks in the way of kids and adults in regards to believing God’s word and the gospel.”

“Oh, that God would convict and open the eyes of Christian leaders and Christian college and seminary professors, so many of whom are as uninformed and deceived as Pat Robertson,” he also mourned in 2014. “God have mercy.”

Robertson likewise generated outrage in 2011 when he counseled that a man who was having an affair should divorce his wife with Alzheimer’s disease and “start all over again” because the condition is “a kind of death.” In 2013, he stated that while he questions those who identify as transgender, he doesn’t see “any sin associated with” obtaining a sex-change operation.

https://christiannews.net/2019/05/04/pat-robertson-calls-young-earth-creation-nonsense-embarrassing-claims-universe-is-14-billion-years-old/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: