End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 12:03:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What do you make of this?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you make of this?  (Read 215 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2011, 04:22:09 pm »

I was at the Prometric Testing Center again today, and before I went in to take the test, I overheard 2 of the employees talk about some supposedly Christian leader who believes in Jesus but denies Jesus is the Son of God(maybe they were talking about an Emergent Church leader like Brian McLaren, I don't know).

When I first asked them who they were talking about, they responded, "We're having a private conversation here".

Then after the exam, I went up to one of the ladies before I went out, and asked her if she was a Christian, and her response was, "This isn't something I discuss"(I'm paraphrasing here, but pretty much the message she gave is that she considers her beliefs private). Personally, I don't think she came off as someone who is a Satanist, a Muslim, or even a Buddhist for that matter - yes, she came off as someone who says she's a Christian but "in her works denies him". Is everyone following me here?

I mean this just came off as very weird - I don't know what impression it gives you guys, but has Churchianity all of a sudden turned into a Billionaire People's Club, where only the "elite" get in? Basically those 2 ladies had no problems talking about Jesus with each other, but en yet pretty much refuse to talk about Jesus in front of those they know not.

Honestly, it didn't bother me, but the last thing I would do is deny Jesus in front of someone who WANTS TO HEAR the gospel message.

Eph 2:19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 3:8  Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Eph 3:17  That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19  And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God

2Ti 2:11  It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
2Ti 2:12  If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:43:04 pm »

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

1 Peter 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

1 Peter 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

must be getting close to go back to code words to identify each other. Maranantha...
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 07:08:10 pm »

yeah that was weird...why wouldn't they want to share the gospel? and whats the big deal about saying youre Christian? people are just rude these days
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:11:07 pm »

Guess what - I had another encounter today with a fellow Christian at the bus stop. I went up to her to give her a tract, and not only she said she knows the Lord, but she doesn't believe in any of the denominations(IOW, she sounded like she's aware of all this Churchianity nonsense). HOWEVER, when I told her how great it was to meet a fellow Christian, she tried to sidetrack it and asked me things like where am I from, etc.

Maybe I should have said more initially like how isn't it great that Jesus is the Son of God and shed his blood on the cross to pay for all mankinds sin debt in full. But nonetheless, she seemed like she had that attitude thinking she's not required to share her faith openly with others.

No, we shouldn't be marveled at all b/c the bible predicted these things would happen, however, I'll admit I'm astonished at times by people who profess themselves to be "Christians" but act pretty coldly to others.

It seems like even your typical pastor doesn't carry his bible, carry around tracts, and for that matter puts socks in his mouth when he goes around places. I remember my previous pastor was rather cold to me and my parents(and only acted nice to those he preferred to, especially the more wealthy people). Even one of his deacons was very cold.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 08:29:28 am »

Well, guess what as well - I was running on the treadmill in my garage yesterday evening, and all of a sudden some middle aged guy I've never seen before comes up to me. I was a bit scared at first b/c I thought I was going to be mugged or something. But next thing I know, he smiled, shook my hand, and said how I gave him a gospel tract the other night, and admitted he himself has been a LONG-TIME BELIEVER.

I don't know the man well, but just from what I saw, I think he bears good fruit. I am still kicking myself b/c I only said "Thank You" and smiled WITHOUT saying Praise the Lord, or even started a conversation about the gospel of Jesus Christ with him. Angry

But nonetheless, PRAISE THE LORD that there ARE people out there that are joyful to confess their faith others! I've given out a few tracts to others when I was running, but I had no idea I handed one to him. Please pray that I run into him again, b/c I want to give him info on 501c3, the end times, and deceptions going on in today's church.

I guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: