End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 04:51:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pre-trib rapture and antichrist

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-trib rapture and antichrist  (Read 21874 times)
pavelow

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2011, 07:58:31 am »

2Th 2:1  Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Thanks, but I still don't see it. Here is what J. Vernon McGee had to say about it:

Two Departures?
I want you to notice in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 something very, very important. “Let no man
deceive you by any means; for that day shall not come, except….” Notice the reference to “that
day.” What day is that? It is the Day of the Lord; it is the day that the apostles asked Jesus
about. You remember that they came to the Lord Jesus when He went to the top of the Mount of
Olives and asked Him first, “When shall these things be?” (Matthew 24:3). When will there not
be left here one stone upon another? (See verse 2.) He told them that when they would see
Jerusalem compassed with armies they would know the time had come. That happened in A.D.
70. I’m of the opinion that several of the apostles were there. Perhaps they climbed up on the
battlements of the walls of Jerusalem and looked over. When they saw the standard, the eagles
of the Roman government of Titus there, I think one apostle nudged the other and said, “This is
what He was talking about. This is it! It has come to pass.” Titus destroyed Jerusalem just as the
Lord Jesus said, and not one stone was left upon another. Let me repeat what I said in another
message – it bears repeating. If you doubt that one stone was not left upon another, look at the
wailing wall in Jerusalem today. The thing that amazes me about the western wall is the kinds of
stones that are in it. There are stones from Solomon’s temple, from the temple days of Ezra and
Haggai and from every other period. One stone was not left upon another when Titus took
Jerusalem. And that prophecy was fulfilled.
They had another question: What is the sign of the end of the age? Now that is what Paul is
talking about in 2 Thessalonians 2:3. The Lord Jesus labeled the end of the age as the Great
Tribulation period. I didn’t label it. No evangelical labeled it. The Lord Jesus is the One who
labeled it the Great Tribulation period (Matthew 24:21). He said there would be nothing like it
in the history of the world.
Now let’s look at this again:
Let no man deceive you by any means; for that day shall not come, except
8there come the falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of
perdition. (2 Thessalonians 2:3)
The word I’m interested in here is “the falling away first.” And when I made a study of this
word, I just had to stand up in my study and say, “Hallelujah!” What a wonderful revelation it
was to see the root meaning of the word. Now the word in Greek is apostasia and it comes from
apostasis. The root word means “departure” or “removal from.” And the verb means “to
remove, to depart, to leave.” It comes from two words: histemi, meaning “to stand,” and apo,
meaning “away from.” From this we get our word apostasy. Apostates, we understand today, are
men who held the truth at one time. They’ve stood for the truth of Scripture and now they apohistemi, they stand away from it.
That’s one meaning of the word. But that’s not all the meaning of this word. The primary
meaning is “a departure.” Paul says that day shall not come until the “falling away” or “departure.” What departure is he talking about? Well, the same departure he talked about in his first
epistle to the Thessalonians. That’s the Rapture of the church. The church is going to depart
from this earth. The Rapture is the removal of the church, the departure of the church from the
earth. Paul dwelt on that in his first epistle when he was answering their question about their
loved ones:
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of
the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise
first; then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up…. (1 Thessalonians
4:16, 17)
This is an apohistemi, that’s a departure. And to me the word that Paul uses is marvelous
because it speaks of two things. It speaks of two departures, because the whole church is to apostatize:
1. The true church is to leave the earth;
2. The professing church will just move away from the truth.
The Lord Jesus said, “When the Son of man cometh, shall he find [the] faith on the earth?”
(Luke 18: eight). That is, will He find that the body of truth, the apostles’ doctrine, is still held? In
the original Greek the question is phrased in such a way that it demands a negative answer. The
professing church will have departed so far from the faith that in the seventeenth chapter of
Revelation it is called the harlot. The true church, called the Bride of Christ, has been caught up
to meet Him. That departure must come first. As we saw in 2 Thessalonians 2:3, “… that day
shall not come, except there come the falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son
of perdition.” In other words, the Antichrist cannot appear until the true church departs from this
earth. Now we have this twofold meaning. Some shall depart from the faith, and some shall
depart from the earth. The departure of the true church from the earth brings in total apostasy;
so that what the Lord Jesus said about not finding faith on the earth when He comes will be fulfilled.
Now from the viewpoint of the earth, it will be a departure. From the viewpoint of heaven,
it will be a rapture; they will be caught up – apostasia. That will be the leaving, the departure,
9of the true church. I think that the world is going to say at that time, “They’re gone. They’ve
departed. They’ve left us.” And if they are ever to say, “Hallelujah,” that’s when they’ll say it.
The world will rejoice at first. Antichrist will make them believe that they’re entering the
Millennium when actually they will be entering the Tribulation. That, I think, is the big lie. The
world will think they’re bringing in the Millennium. And, my friend, haven’t you voted already
for many candidates who promised to bring peace to this world? Didn’t Woodrow Wilson promise it as far back as 1917? And hasn’t peace been the platform of many men since then? Don’t
misunderstand – these men are sincere. They’re not antichrists. But they tried to bring peace to
the earth. You and I both know that when the man appears on the scene who tells this war-weary
world, “We’re going to have peace, and I’m going to bring it,” they will say, “Bring him on. We
turn it all over to him.” And the world would take him today in five minutes if he appeared.
Only God is holding him back. God is not going to let him appear until He calls out His church,
and He alone knows when that time will be fulfilled.
The world will be rejoicing as the Antichrist begins his rule. But it’s going to be the saddest
day this earth has ever seen, because it means the departure of the church and the entrance of
the world into an awful period identified by Christ as the Great Tribulation.
I saw this illustrated some time ago. We were out at the airport getting ready to take a plane
to go back East. We had quite a bit of time to spend because we always get there early. So I
spent some time walking around. There was a plane getting ready to leave for the Hawaiian
Islands, and I am always interested in going to the Hawaiian Islands, so I just looked at the folk
who were going. Most of them were going out for a holiday. But I saw a couple sitting there, a
soldier boy in uniform, a fine looking young fellow, and beside him the prettiest little wife
you’ve ever seen, holding a fine looking baby. And they were both sad. Everybody else going to
the Hawaiian Islands was anticipating the fun they were going to have, but he was on his way to
Hawaii to join his outfit going to Vietnam. There sat that fellow and there sat the girl. They
weren’t saying anything. They were just staring out into space. The little boy didn’t know what
it was all about, so he was having a big time. When the call came to board the plane, they stood
up. I saw him put those great big arms around both of them, his wife and that little boy. And he
kissed both of them. Tears were coming down his cheeks and tears were coming down her
cheeks. The little boy, he was still having a big time. And then the fellow picked up his little old
bag he had there, started out to the plane, and disappeared. The girl stood there, then she went
over to the window and waited till the plane pulled out to get on the runway. I watched her as
she went away carrying that baby and carrying that bag you women have to carry when you’ve
got a baby. She was weighted down. I never felt as sorry for anyone as I did for that girl. I wondered what the future held. Was there a father or a mother she would go to, or would she have
to live alone and take care of that baby by herself? I don’t know, but it was sad to see.
I thought, That’s the way it’s going to be on this earth someday when the departure, the
Rapture, takes place. The earth will rejoice for awhile, but then a great company of people are
going to begin to wake up. They will find they’ve been deceived. The man who promised peace
is Antichrist, not Christ at all. He has taken them in; he has absolutely deceived them.
http://www.thruthebible.org/atf/cf/%7B91e2424c-636c-40c2-9c55-890588e90ece%7D/Who%20is%20Antichrist.pdf
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:00:40 am by pavelow » Report Spam   Logged

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: