End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 12:11:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Can anyone explain this verse to me?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone explain this verse to me?  (Read 417 times)
William
« on: September 22, 2011, 03:05:31 pm »

I am doing my daily Bible reading, and was reading in Isaiah, chapter 45, and came to verse 7...

It says this:

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7 AKJV 1611)

Can anyone explain what this means...I did find this, and was wondering whether this is a good explanation?

Does God Create Evil?
Posted By: tee on 3/16/10
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
How can God who is good and holy without spot, create evil? I understand from scripture that all evil comes from Satan not God. Can you help?

Solution

Is. 45:7- The word “evil” used in this verse does NOT refer to moral evil, but to the “evil” of the physical nature of Earth. Ex. Storms, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Tsunamis, Plagues, etc. God creates calamity.
In the next verse it talks of the heavens coming down and the skies raining righteousness and so on. It uses the physical nature of the Earth as an imagery of bringing salvation and righteousness to us, which God Himself has created.
Now look at Amos 3:6:
Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? Shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?
In this verse, we seem to run in to the same problem. Yet, we know that God never does any evil because it is contrary to His divine nature. Now, if we read from Amos 3:1 to 3:10, we’ll understand that it is talking about the deserved punishment of the 10-tribe Northern Kingdom of Israel, even though God also is including all the tribes of Israel when it says “the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt” (3:1). Thus, we understand that when verse 6 says “evil in the city”, it is saying “calamity in the city”. Essentially the verse is saying, is there no punishment that “the Lord hath not done it”. This makes perfect sense because by God’s divine nature (He is Holy, Perfect, Just) He must punish the wicked.
Look at this example:
In Exodus, when the Israelites were at Mount Sinai and rebelled by worshiping the golden calf, God wanted to destroy the people, but Moses pleaded with God and asked him to take his life in place of his people. For this reason God “repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people” (Ex. 32:14). Again, God cannot create or do any moral evil for He is Good. God decides not to punish His people because of Moses‘ desire to sacrifice himself for them and the people’s willingness to repent.
Now, it must be made clear that God never “repents” of anything, but only man repents or changes his mind (Num 23:19). When men change, whether good or bad, God must revise His attitude and behavior toward them. This is because God Himself is unchangeable, and so, continues in His unchanging righteousness. Thus, God outwardly “repents”, but never inwardly “repents” or changes His nature. For example, if a man sins and never turns away from his evil ways then God must by His divine nature punish him, but if the man repents, then God by His divine nature (Love, Mercy) decides not to punish him and forgives him of his sins.
There are many other examples of God “repenting” or outwardly changing His mind according to His divine nature based on the decisions that men make (Jer. 26:13, Joel 2:12-14), such as Gen. 6:6, 1 Chron. 21:15, Jonah 3:10.
Back to Is. 45:7, with all this in mind, since we know that when God “repents” of evil, He “repents” of punishing someone. So, what is the form of punishment that God uses? Natural disasters!. Therefore, God “creates evil”, that is natural disasters.

Final thought: When Moses interceded for his people, God clearly gave Moses the opportunity to show his concern for his people and his ability to lead them to the promised land. God would never break His unconditional promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, no matter how many times their descendents rebel against Him.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 03:15:50 pm »

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Think about all the evil things Pharoh did to the Egyptians. It was God that kept hardening his heart in order to make his point.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
William
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 03:25:45 pm »

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Think about all the evil things Pharoh did to the Egyptians. It was God that kept hardening his heart in order to make his point.

When you said that it brought another scripture back into remembrance, and that is Exodus 9:27:

27 And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the LORD is righteous, and I and my people are wicked. (Exodus 9:27 AKJV 1611)

He actually admitted he, and his people were wicked. Than he just got harded again right afterwards humbling himself, and even admitting his sin.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 03:39:25 pm »

God created everything. Now what the given creation does as a result of God having mercy and giving it free will, is on the creation doing the evil.

Consider Ezekiel 28 and the king of Tyrus and what is said of him...

"Thou [wast] perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." Ezekiel 28:15 (KJB)

Here is a person described as perfect. A man perfect? In God's eyes, he was perfect, just like God consider Abraham perfect in his walk with God. Clearly the flesh it self is corrupt, so it must be something else. I believe it's a result of free will. Notice the next verse...

"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." Ezekiel 28:16 (KJB)

We see the motivation, "the multitude of thy merchandise". Hmm, sounds to me like the root of all evil; the love of money. Which is a lack of contentment, and aspiring to be more and have more, just like Lucifer did.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 03:40:04 pm »

When you said that it brought another scripture back into remembrance, and that is Exodus 9:27:

27 And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the LORD is righteous, and I and my people are wicked. (Exodus 9:27 AKJV 1611)

He actually admitted he, and his people were wicked. Than he just got harded again right afterwards humbling himself, and even admitting his sin.

seems Moses knew his heart,

30But as for thee and thy servants, I know that ye will not yet fear the LORD God.

Pharoh was made just for that point in history. Same with Judas, he was created just for that action in history. We might perceive these peoples actions as evil, but prophecy must be fulfilled. So does he create evil? for his own purpose that we might not be able to see or understand.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 03:44:51 pm »

"[What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:" Romans 9:22 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 04:07:45 pm »

seems Moses knew his heart,

30But as for thee and thy servants, I know that ye will not yet fear the LORD God.

Pharoh was made just for that point in history. Same with Judas, he was created just for that action in history. We might perceive these peoples actions as evil, but prophecy must be fulfilled. So does he create evil? for his own purpose that we might not be able to see or understand.

Yeah I can agree with that. I suppose Pharoh got what he deserved as well for mistreating Israel, and was justly punished. Kind of like what will happen to the nations at the end. So basically he allows those people to do evil, and hardens their hearts for his purposes, and so his word can be fulfilled?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:43 pm »

Yeah I can agree with that. I suppose Pharoh got what he deserved as well for mistreating Israel, and was justly punished. Kind of like what will happen to the nations at the end. So basically he allows those people to do evil, and hardens their hearts for his purposes, and so his word can be fulfilled?

getting a little Calvin there.  Cheesy Wink
Report Spam   Logged

William
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 04:13:17 pm »

God created everything. Now what the given creation does as a result of God having mercy and giving it free will, is on the creation doing the evil.

Consider Ezekiel 28 and the king of Tyrus and what is said of him...

"Thou [wast] perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." Ezekiel 28:15 (KJB)

Here is a person described as perfect. A man perfect? In God's eyes, he was perfect, just like God consider Abraham perfect in his walk with God. Clearly the flesh it self is corrupt, so it must be something else. I believe it's a result of free will. Notice the next verse...

"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." Ezekiel 28:16 (KJB)

We see the motivation, "the multitude of thy merchandise". Hmm, sounds to me like the root of all evil; the love of money. Which is a lack of contentment, and aspiring to be more and have more, just like Lucifer did.

Now you say aspiring to be more, and have more, but is it wrong to have a better walk with the Lord? I mean are we to be content lets say being lukewarm (if we were as most of churchanity is) or shouldn't we repent as it says in Revelation?

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
(Revelation 3:14-19 AKJV 1611)

I don't really care for money...I wouldn't mind having a job for some work, and so I could purchase things like Bibles, and tracts, and whatever nessecary items I need, but other than that I would look for more of a better walk. So is it wrong to seek God, and want to be closer, and want more of the Word, and God's word, and to want more fellowship with him...more prayer...more Bible study, etc. Or is that being greedy, and not content? But of course I'm speaking of spiritual, and not material as well...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:16:21 pm by William » Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 04:15:39 pm »

getting a little Calvin there.  Cheesy Wink

Well I'm not a Calvinist, lol  Cheesy

However It does talk about "the Elect" in the bible, but I don't totally understand that to be honest. I suppose its we have free will, and theirs consequences for the choices we make in free will. So like with Salvation they can get saved anytime they want to, but if they keep putting it off there will be consequences for not getting saved in the future, and once they die they will go to Hell.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 04:29:06 pm »

Now you say aspiring to be more, and have more, but is it wrong to have a better walk with the Lord? I mean are we to be content lets say being lukewarm (if we were as most of churchanity is) or shouldn't we repent as it says in Revelation?

No of course not...

"But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way." 1 Corinthians 12:31 (KJB)

See, being content is different than growing in grace. It's say having food and rainment, let us therewith be content. The basics of life we are to be content with, but not the desire to grow in faith and to be closer to God, and walk more in the Spirit. Scripture also talks of having a performance out of that which you have. And also "Search the scriptures..." Clearly if one is content in that respect, they would have no motivation to search, which we are clearly called to do.

Being content with things like where you live, what you own, where you get to go, stuff like that. More than anything, it is addressing how you feel about the material things of life. And of course you know we are to focus on the spiritual things, so that should make material things unimportant.

Lukewarm is one who claims a belief and faith, yet "in works deny Him". They have no performance out of what God has given them. I believe these people have not fully forsaken all that they have. They have not fully committed to a life with Jesus Christ. They are claiming they believe, but their fruits show a lack of good works.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:34:43 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: