End Times and Current Events
April 18, 2024, 10:29:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is it a sin to use a New Bible Version?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a sin to use a New Bible Version?  (Read 1622 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:55:14 pm »

This video logically answers that question.

"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." (Psalms 12:6-7).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:23:38 pm »

I saw this a couple of months ago - really good watch. Yes - if you KNOW something is wrong, but do it willingly, it's a sin.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 06:35:52 am »

good vid
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
existenchristau

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 10:53:02 pm »

Really dont get this topic I am afraid a bible is a bible it conveys Christs message to me its not the book thats at fault but those that cant read things without their putting their own spin on it, then insisting others believe this twisted interpretation also thus starting their own cult.
Anyway how about the NLT New living Translation thats what i read seems easy to understand unlike the kjv which is ye olde english, something i am sure you americans must find a real challenge, just dont tell me you leave it to your pastors to translate it for you just because they said its the only thing you should read  Roll Eyes?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 03:18:14 am »

No actually, I think believers tend to trust the Holy Ghost to understand what they read. They dont want some new book that has been perverted and used as an excuse. Trust God to show you, instead of coming here and making negative comments towards KJB users.

The New Living Translation? Seriously? Get a real bible my friend, that book is garbage.
Report Spam   Logged
existenchristau

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 10:05:18 pm »

No actually, I think believers tend to trust the Holy Ghost to understand what they read. They dont want some new book that has been perverted and used as an excuse. Trust God to show you, instead of coming here and making negative comments towards KJB users.

The New Living Translation? Seriously? Get a real bible my friend, that book is garbage.
Actually human nature is such that any version of the bible can be exegeted to say anything, KJV is no different.
If you are coming here to be fanatic and expect everyone to agree with you then, thats your problem, ill just ignore you because thats exactly what you are!.  I didnt come here to read legalistic fanatics i come here to think outside the organised religious box whether that be premil, amil or post mill protestants,if you cant handle other points of view without attacking posters the problem is yours!!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 10:39:40 pm »

Actually human nature is such that any version of the bible can be exegeted to say anything, KJV is no different.
If you are coming here to be fanatic and expect everyone to agree with you then, thats your problem, ill just ignore you because thats exactly what you are!.  I didnt come here to read legalistic fanatics i come here to think outside the organised religious box whether that be premil, amil or post mill protestants,if you cant handle other points of view without attacking posters the problem is yours!!

Gal 1:9  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11  But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 10:57:57 pm »

Corrupted Scriptures in the New Living Translation:

- Deuteronomy - "sodomite" changed to "temple prostitute"
- 1 Kings 14:24 - "sodomites" replaced with "shrine prostitutes"
- 1 Kings 15:12 - "sodomites" replaced with "shrine prostitutes"
- 1 Kings 22:46 - "sodomites" replaced with "shrine prostitutes"
- 2 Kings 23:7 - "sodomites" replaced with "shrine prostitutes"
- Matthew 17:21 - entire verse omitted
- Matthew 18:11 - entire verse omitted
- Matthew 19:9 - half of the verse is omitted
- Matthew 23:14 - entire verse omitted
- Mark 6:11 - half of the verse is omitted
- Mark 7:16 - entire verse omitted
- Mark 9:44, 46 - entire verses omitted
- Mark 11:26 - entire verse omitted
- Mark 15:28 - entire verse omitted
- Mark 16:9-20 - entire passage is questioned by a footnote that says, "The most reliable early manuscripts conclude the Gospel of Mark at verse 8"
- Luke 4:8 - "get thee behind me Satan" is omitted
- Luke 17:36 - entire verse omitted
- Luke 23:17 - entire verse omitted
- John 1:10 - says God created everything "through" Jesus instead of "by" Jesus as the KJB teaches
- John 1:41 - The NLT leaves out the phrase, "Which is by interpretation, a stone."  Hence, the critical distinction between Peter as "the stone" (Petros), and Jesus as "The Rock" (Petra) is obscured.  This was no doubt deliberate to pleases Catholics who falsely teach that Peter is the rock upon which the church is built.  The Bible states in no uncertain terms, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (1st Corinthians 3:11).
- John 3:16 - the all important word "begotten" is omitted, thus denying the deity of Christ
- John 3:13 - "which is in heaven" is omitted John 5:4 - entire verse omitted
- John 7:53 - 8:11 -- entire passage is questioned in a note which says, "The most ancient Greek manuscripts do not include John 7:53 - 8:11"
- Acts 8:37 - entire verse omitted
- Acts 12:4 - changes "Easter" to the incorrect "Passover" (See Numbers 28:16,17 and Acts 12:2 in the KJB)
- Acts 17:29 - completely removes the "Godhead"
- Acts 28:29 - entire verse omitted
- Romans 1:20 - completely removes the "Godhead"
- Romans 16:24 - entire verse omitted
- Philippians 2:6 -removes the word "equal," thus denying Christ's deity
- Colossians 1:16 - says God created everything "through" Jesus instead of "by" Jesus as the KJB teaches
- Colossians 2:9 - completely removes the "Godhead"
- 1 Timothy 3:16 - "God" is omitted, says "Christ appeared in the flesh, thus denying the deity of Christ
- 1 Timothy 6:5 - "from such withdraw thyself" is omitted
- Hebrews 1:3 - the all-important words "by himself" are omitted
- 1 Peter 4:1 - "for us" is omitted
- 1 Peter 4:14 - half of the verse is omitted
- 1 John 3:16 -completely removes "the love of God"
- 1 John 4:3 - the all-important words "Christ is come in the flesh" are omitted 1 John 5:7-8 -- Trinitarian clause omitted
- 1 John 5:7 - half of the verse is omitted, thus denying the Godhead
- 1 John 5:13 - half of the verse is omitted
- Revelation 1:11 - first half of the verse is omitted
- Revelation 5:14 - "him that liveth forever and ever" is omitted

See more here:       
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NLT/nlt_exposed.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 11:12:31 pm »

Joe Gibbs, as most of you know, was a former professional NFL coach who won 3 Super Bowl Titles with the Washington Redskins, and he was almost always professing his Christian faith(and at least to me, it sounded genuine).

HOWEVER, I gleamed through one of his recent books at the bookstore a month ago, and guess what bible version he was using when he listed a ton of verses? The NLT! Not just a few, but like 95-99% of them.(and not to mention too his book received an endorsement on it by Jerry Jenkins, who I think has ties to the Illuminati)

No, I'm not saying Gibbs is Illuminati(although you can't deny he's highly esteemed among men), but at the same time, you can judge people by their fruits.
Report Spam   Logged
existenchristau

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 11:54:52 pm »

Corrupted Scriptures in the New Living Translation:

- Deuteronomy - "sodomite" changed to "temple prostitute"
- 1 Kings 14:24 - "sodomites" replaced with "shrine prostitutes"
- 1 Kings 15:12 - "sodomites" replaced with "shrine prostitutes"
- 1 Kings 22:46 - "sodomites" replaced with "shrine prostitutes"
- 2 Kings 23:7 - "sodomites" replaced with "shrine prostitutes"
- Matthew 17:21 - entire verse omitted
- Matthew 18:11 - entire verse omitted
- Matthew 19:9 - half of the verse is omitted
- Matthew 23:14 - entire verse omitted
- Mark 6:11 - half of the verse is omitted
- Mark 7:16 - entire verse omitted
- Mark 9:44, 46 - entire verses omitted
- Mark 11:26 - entire verse omitted
- Mark 15:28 - entire verse omitted
- Mark 16:9-20 - entire passage is questioned by a footnote that says, "The most reliable early manuscripts conclude the Gospel of Mark at verse 8"
- Luke 4:8 - "get thee behind me Satan" is omitted
- Luke 17:36 - entire verse omitted
- Luke 23:17 - entire verse omitted
- John 1:10 - says God created everything "through" Jesus instead of "by" Jesus as the KJB teaches
- John 1:41 - The NLT leaves out the phrase, "Which is by interpretation, a stone."  Hence, the critical distinction between Peter as "the stone" (Petros), and Jesus as "The Rock" (Petra) is obscured.  This was no doubt deliberate to pleases Catholics who falsely teach that Peter is the rock upon which the church is built.  The Bible states in no uncertain terms, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (1st Corinthians 3:11).
- John 3:16 - the all important word "begotten" is omitted, thus denying the deity of Christ
- John 3:13 - "which is in heaven" is omitted John 5:4 - entire verse omitted
- John 7:53 - 8:11 -- entire passage is questioned in a note which says, "The most ancient Greek manuscripts do not include John 7:53 - 8:11"
- Acts 8:37 - entire verse omitted
- Acts 12:4 - changes "Easter" to the incorrect "Passover" (See Numbers 28:16,17 and Acts 12:2 in the KJB)
- Acts 17:29 - completely removes the "Godhead"
- Acts 28:29 - entire verse omitted
- Romans 1:20 - completely removes the "Godhead"
- Romans 16:24 - entire verse omitted
- Philippians 2:6 -removes the word "equal," thus denying Christ's deity
- Colossians 1:16 - says God created everything "through" Jesus instead of "by" Jesus as the KJB teaches
- Colossians 2:9 - completely removes the "Godhead"
- 1 Timothy 3:16 - "God" is omitted, says "Christ appeared in the flesh, thus denying the deity of Christ
- 1 Timothy 6:5 - "from such withdraw thyself" is omitted
- Hebrews 1:3 - the all-important words "by himself" are omitted
- 1 Peter 4:1 - "for us" is omitted
- 1 Peter 4:14 - half of the verse is omitted
- 1 John 3:16 -completely removes "the love of God"
- 1 John 4:3 - the all-important words "Christ is come in the flesh" are omitted 1 John 5:7-8 -- Trinitarian clause omitted
- 1 John 5:7 - half of the verse is omitted, thus denying the Godhead
- 1 John 5:13 - half of the verse is omitted
- Revelation 1:11 - first half of the verse is omitted
- Revelation 5:14 - "him that liveth forever and ever" is omitted
I dont see the relevance of what the apostles are saying here, has to do with the argument, since no version of the bible was written until the council Nicea well after all these said apostles were dead.

I ve read all your post now and like i said earlier this only confirms my view this forum is for legalist fanatics there is nothing liberating about it all. I am done here I wish Mr Doctor Johnson well in his truther efforts as for the other posters you are rude and fanatics and would do well to follow the message of your saviour in learning to love your neighbours and not acting like the pharisee by insisting that all are dammed whom dont share your narrow dixie views. Its is God who judges not YOU lot only God will judge me and others whom you all seem to condem, Have Nice day!!. Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 01:08:01 am »

All of us here love the Authorized King James Bible, that website www.jesus-is-savior.com shows the errors in the other popular versions. Aren't the errors in the NLT obvious now? If you want to promote another Gospel after reading that website that is your choice, but be careful what you support. I don't see people here being legalistic. What is legalism anyway? One has to define it carefully. Standing up for God's Word is definitely not legalism, in fact showing you the truth in the Authorized King James is an act of love that Jesus would approve of! I would have been better of in the past if someone had showed me that the Authorized King James was right, nobody cared so i read the NIV for 10 years. Praise God for Dr Scott Johnson who spoke out and helped me to see the truth! I have grown spiritually since listening to Dr Scott's teachings and he does it very accurately and honestly. As Dr Scott points out "And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ." (Philippians 1:9-10). I hope you come back to this forum and read the posts as we do love you and want you to read the truth.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 08:34:56 am »

All of us here love the Authorized King James Bible, that website www.jesus-is-savior.com shows the errors in the other popular versions. Aren't the errors in the NLT obvious now? If you want to promote another Gospel after reading that website that is your choice, but be careful what you support. I don't see people here being legalistic. What is legalism anyway? One has to define it carefully. Standing up for God's Word is definitely not legalism, in fact showing you the truth in the Authorized King James is an act of love that Jesus would approve of! I would have been better of in the past if someone had showed me that the Authorized King James was right, nobody cared so i read the NIV for 10 years. Praise God for Dr Scott Johnson who spoke out and helped me to see the truth! I have grown spiritually since listening to Dr Scott's teachings and he does it very accurately and honestly. As Dr Scott points out "And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ." (Philippians 1:9-10). I hope you come back to this forum and read the posts as we do love you and want you to read the truth.

Ditto-being a LONG time NIV reader, I had NO idea how corrupt this version really is. I just followed along with it because just about every church I went to, and just about every pastor I crossed paths with, seemed to think it was OK. It wasn't until 2 years ago when someone on PPF(XTruthSeeker, most of you here know who he is) pointed out the errors of it(especially the Isaiah 14:12 differences), and the Holy Spirit really woke me up to this.

Seriously, no wonder why alot of today's pastors have praised John Paul II and to some extent the RCC...the NIV came out from corrupt manuscripts tied to the Vatican, then today's "church" and "seminaries" have been using it with no problem...they ended up bringing a demon into their buildings...I guess we know the rest of the story and how they tied...
Report Spam   Logged
Vanessa

Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 02:29:43 pm »

I am a 100 percent KJV defender because i have no doubt that it is the real deal word of God and all others are corrupted but i think we should just stick to praying and informing people why and how the KJV is the accurate bible and why all others have deviated from the truth instead of calling people heathens, sinners, or criminals lol (as this video suggests) for reading other translations. We are not going to lead people to truth like this, I dont think it is as effective. The Lord has used me (all glory to God) to lead people to the KJV but in a meek and gentle way (sticking to the facts) when you start condemning people, insulting, or accusing them of being practicing sinners because they are ignorant to this issue then i think it is counter productive and dangerous. Many people that read other translations are saved children of God (albeit they are decieved on this issue) but we have to be careful how we handle, approach, and treat them as the bible tells us how protective He is of His own. There has to be a balance of correction and meekness. 

Galatians 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

1 Corinthians 4:21
What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?
Report Spam   Logged

2 Tim 2:5 "And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully."
theBIBLICALdude
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 11:59:37 pm »

I am a 100 percent KJV defender because i have no doubt that it is the real deal word of God and all others are corrupted but i think we should just stick to praying and informing people why and how the KJV is the accurate bible and why all others have deviated from the truth instead of calling people heathens, sinners, or criminals lol (as this video suggests) for reading other translations. We are not going to lead people to truth like this, I dont think it is as effective. The Lord has used me (all glory to God) to lead people to the KJV but in a meek and gentle way (sticking to the facts) when you start condemning people, insulting, or accusing them of being practicing sinners because they are ignorant to this issue then i think it is counter productive and dangerous. Many people that read other translations are saved children of God (albeit they are decieved on this issue) but we have to be careful how we handle, approach, and treat them as the bible tells us how protective He is of His own. There has to be a balance of correction and meekness. 

Galatians 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

1 Corinthians 4:21
What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

I don not think a better reply has been written yet. I agree Vanessa that there is a right and wrong way to discuss the topic. I believe that the KJV is an excellent version, I believe that it contains truths and is infact the word of God, however I also believe that people can hear the Gospel message apart from having it explained out of the KJV bible and still come to accept Christ even if they read or heard about him from another translation. The Lord has really worked with me over the past year and I see now that I was a KJV advocate (still am to a certain extent) to the point that if a Christian asks why I use the KJV I have an answer ready, and there are a few versions that I would rather see burned, but God uses things to his advantage even when we do not see it, and to band together waving KJV only on the flag is going to drive people away and cause more arguments and discussions that should not be discussed more times than it should.

I read the other person's viewpoint and he had a good point when he said "Actually human nature is such that any version of the bible can be exegeted to say anything, KJV is no different." which I say again is a vaild point and everyone here knows that this is to be true. Man can make the scriptures say what it is he wants them to say, been done for years. Take the clan of misfits that protest funerals, I would bet dollars to doughnuts they use a KJV bible. Harold Camping uses one as well.

So instead of focusing on what version a person chooses to read, we should be discussing the things of scripture and the Gospel message. That is and always will be our primary goal as Christians. If the Lord sees fit to move people to the KJV then that is awesome, as it all should be done according to his will anyway right?

As far as the thread goes, I would think that if a person truly wants to know about Christ and all they have is an NIV or NLT, or what ever they have, that God will use what they have for the better of the Christian, and I can't see how that could be a sin. So I would have to say no to that question.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 01:29:27 am »

Crazy Ed Watson is(or was) KJV only

'Pastor' Steven Anderson(the guy that got tazed by cops 2 years ago) is also KJV only, and remember when he preached how pastors who preach our unrighteousness is as filthy rags are drinking the kool-aid.

The Mormons use a KJV(but it's not their main source)

The Freemasons have a KJV in their lodges(along with the Qu'ran, among others)

For the most part, as we all know, Satan targets Christians the most
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 03:50:44 am »

I have confidence God preserves His Word, and that if a person is truly searching with all their heart, they'll find the right Word.

Even if a person were to be first exposed to the mesage of Christ from a perverted book calling itself a bible, the fact remains that God says He will be there for us in our search, and also that there are many members of the body, so that person just exposed via say a NIV is still exposed to the basic truths of Jesus, and other believers will be sent to them to guide them as God moves them. They won't be left alone with just the NIV. They will be shown more, no question because Jesus has already said His Word has already gone to the ends of the earth. He told us before, so all of us are without excuse. THAT is where God is just in keeping His Word. God is not a respector of persons, so unless a person is born with no parents and no other humans around, they are without excuse because Jesus says He's been telling people but they won't listen because of the hardness of their hearts.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 05:42:47 am »

AUTHENTICITY CODES OF THE GREEK TEXTS USED BY KJV BIBLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZwq8_D4Zc0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQKKTto5f8o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lUwKPr7oy8&feature=related

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 05:43:36 am »

If that doesnt get you to question Modern Versions, than your just lost to begin with.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 08:43:23 am »

Really dont get this topic I am afraid a bible is a bible it conveys Christs message to me its not the book thats at fault but those that cant read things without their putting their own spin on it, then insisting others believe this twisted interpretation also thus starting their own cult.
Anyway how about the NLT New living Translation thats what i read seems easy to understand unlike the kjv which is ye olde english, something i am sure you americans must find a real challenge, just dont tell me you leave it to your pastors to translate it for you just because they said its the only thing you should read  Roll Eyes?

The AV Bible is actually quite easy to read. A lot easier than many new versions that have to add harder words or translations in order to change the text enough to get a copywrite, in order to make money. Some words have to be understood in the time it was written, which is quite easy to do, usually from just studying the text. Unlike modern versions that are making the changes for a profit and a profit alone. Take the NKJV, they say the only changes is to make it an updated version, taking out the the's and thous's, yet that is a flat out lie. In order to copywrite it they had to make major and considerable textual changes, many making the verses uncomprihensible, that is making it harder to read and understand, not easier.

A Bible is not a Bible, saying that implies that you would drink a glass of water with some anti-freeze in it. you have 98% good water and 2 percet antifreeze. Well by your thinking its still water, what could be the harm? Right? Sorry friend but there is an agenda out there to do away with the Word of God, and Bibles are coming out faster and faster that distort the Gospel and lie and hide it. Even KJB's are getting pretty hard to find, as they are being replaced with counterfit KJB. This is really happeneing, all over the world.

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

That is literally being played out right now. You really need to think and pray before you pick up a Bible, and really think, is this Gods true word or not?
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 09:14:56 am »

I dont see the relevance of what the apostles are saying here, has to do with the argument, since no version of the bible was written until the council Nicea well after all these said apostles were dead.

I ve read all your post now and like i said earlier this only confirms my view this forum is for legalist fanatics there is nothing liberating about it all. I am done here I wish Mr Doctor Johnson well in his truther efforts as for the other posters you are rude and fanatics and would do well to follow the message of your saviour in learning to love your neighbours and not acting like the pharisee by insisting that all are dammed whom dont share your narrow dixie views. Its is God who judges not YOU lot only God will judge me and others whom you all seem to condem, Have Nice day!!. Cool

since no version of the bible was written until the council Nicea well after all these said apostles were dead.

What?  Huh You honestly cannot be serious right? The Bible was together and in form as we have today by 100ad. It was already being given and transferred by 120 ad, just as we have it today. This whole council of Nicea stuff is a straw man. The Bible was there, as is, long before they came around.
Report Spam   Logged

aduarte

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 08:21:30 am »

Well said using scripture I may add - Amos prophesied it perfectly, we are truly in dark times. When it comes down to it I always place final authority on the words of God. This very issue has brought great lamentation to my life and sorrow. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ for bringing me out of the darkness (NIV) and into His perfect word (KJV)...
Rom 3:3  For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4  God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

The most heart breaking aspect of it is; most so called christians that question the word of God - never pick up the bible and read it, let alone believe that they are reading the very words of God!
Hos 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

The AV Bible is actually quite easy to read. A lot easier than many new versions that have to add harder words or translations in order to change the text enough to get a copywrite, in order to make money. Some words have to be understood in the time it was written, which is quite easy to do, usually from just studying the text. Unlike modern versions that are making the changes for a profit and a profit alone. Take the NKJV, they say the only changes is to make it an updated version, taking out the the's and thous's, yet that is a flat out lie. In order to copywrite it they had to make major and considerable textual changes, many making the verses uncomprihensible, that is making it harder to read and understand, not easier.

A Bible is not a Bible, saying that implies that you would drink a glass of water with some anti-freeze in it. you have 98% good water and 2 percet antifreeze. Well by your thinking its still water, what could be the harm? Right? Sorry friend but there is an agenda out there to do away with the Word of God, and Bibles are coming out faster and faster that distort the Gospel and lie and hide it. Even KJB's are getting pretty hard to find, as they are being replaced with counterfit KJB. This is really happeneing, all over the world.

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

That is literally being played out right now. You really need to think and pray before you pick up a Bible, and really think, is this Gods true word or not?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: