End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:14:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ariel Sharon dies at 85

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ariel Sharon dies at 85  (Read 18765 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 02:14:52 pm »

If you are referring to the Antichrist, I don't think he'll come using the name 'Jesus' or 'Yeshua' or anything like that.

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

He'll 100% try to connect himself to Jesus (I suspect through the Shroud of Turin and the Merovingian bloodline heresy) but I don't think he'll use the name.

why not? the word Antichrist means in place of, so the Antichrist will come and proclaim himself the Messiah. so really what is to stop him from using that name? Even Islam is looking for a "Yeshua" to come back and help their messiah. And here you have Israel's chief Rabbi saying the name of the comming messiah is Yeshua... just saying...
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 06:35:07 pm »

why not? the word Antichrist means in place of, so the Antichrist will come and proclaim himself the Messiah. so really what is to stop him from using that name? Even Islam is looking for a "Yeshua" to come back and help their messiah. And here you have Israel's chief Rabbi saying the name of the comming messiah is Yeshua... just saying...

Well, for one, Jesus Himself said that he (the Antichrist) will come in his own name (meaning not in the name of the Lord: Jesus' name means "Jehovah saves")

Also, using the name of Jesus doesn't seem like Satan's M.O. Satan wants the glory... all of it. I see the name Lucifer or Sol Invictus being elevated, not Jesus' name. Something that can be connected to all religions equally, not just one. This is where Zeitgeist comes in.

If they can convince everyone that aliens developed all of their religions based on an esoteric "cycle of astrological ages" around the sun and that each religion's respective god and messiah-figure is just a representation of the sun (which for every religion except Biblical Christianity can be alluded to), then everyone will get on the same page and worship the same individual as messiah of all religions.

Remember that theosophy, new age and Zeitgeist teach that the Biblical account of Jesus is done for EVERY savior of every religion. Jesus, to them, is just another one of the "solar avatars", and not unique or special. I see the Antichrist receiving his wound and dying on the winter solstice (Dec. 21, shortest day of the year) being dead for 3 days (Dec. 22-24 sun at lowest point in the sky) and being "resurrected" on Dec. 25 (sun moves 1 degree up), the day Romans celebrated as the "birth of the Unconquered Sun". Remember that the Saturnalia is supposed to mimic the conditions of Saturn's (the sun-star) Golden Age. One tradition about the Golden Age is that there were no laws. Aleister Crowley commented that in the Aeon of Horus "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." Zeitgeist pushes the Venus Project run by Jacques Fresco. Fresco has for a long time advocated the idea of abolishing laws.

Wow! Sorry, I went on a tirade there. If I ever find time to put it into a cohesive post, I'll make a thread about it.

Anyway, Islamic prophecy has a tendency to be spiritualized. An example is the Dajjal: He is blind in his right eye but sees from his left. He is blind conservatively, but sees liberally (Barack Hussein Obama, whose name is 18 letters [18 = 6 + 6 + 6, but not six hundred sixty six], who the NWO is pushing to appear to be the Antichrist)

Didn't someone say that Catholic pope Francis is a "modern-day Jesus?" Muslims love him, too. I could see him as the sidekick to the Antichrist (whom they believe their false Jesus, Isa, will be for the Mahdi) It even fits what Bill Lambert said about the Catholic pope being a "proper receptor" to the New Age Christ.

All in all, it could just be that the rabbi literally believed Jesus is Messiah. I don't remember too much about that story, just that he wrote it on a napkin or piece of paper and they couldn't read it for a year.
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 02:59:29 am »

Actually, "antichrist" means in opposition to, the opposite of, not in place of. I know that might sound like splitting hairs, but there is a big difference.

Anyway, to add my thoughts, I don't see the Antichrist using the name Jesus...

"Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all." Daniel 11:37 (KJB)

This creature will show up tooting his own horn so to speak, seeing he doesn't regard any god. He may well have some kind of respect for the world's religions as all being equal or something, but he won't promote any religions but himself. To call himself Jesus, while that would be kind of obvious, I don't think he will. I think he will elevate himself above all the world's "masters". And sorry Islam, but your relegated to the back row right along with all the other world religions, as far as the Antichrist is concerned.

That rabbi claimed in the short note that the Messiah would show up after the death of Ariel Sharon, and that the messiah is Yeshua. Basically, his claim of Yeshua is a direct accusation against Judaism of killing Jesus. I don't believe he was, by the note, saying he had accepted Jesus as Saviour. Even the devils believe and know Jesus is real, but acknowledging Him as Messiah doesn't mean you've repented.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 03:07:30 am »

“It is hard for many good people in the society to understand the person of the Messiah. The leadership and order of a Messiah of flesh and blood is hard to accept for many in the nation. As leader, the Messiah will not hold any office, but will be among the people and use the media to communicate. His reign will be pure and without personal or political desire. During his dominion, only righteousness and truth will reign.

“Will all believe in the Messiah right away? No, in the beginning some of us will believe in him and some not. It will be easier for non-religious people to follow the Messiah than for Orthodox people.

“The revelation of the Messiah will be fulfilled in two stages: First, he will actively confirm his position as Messiah without knowing himself that he is the Messiah. Then he will reveal himself to some Jews, not necessarily to wise Torah scholars. It can be even simple people. Only then he will reveal himself to the whole nation. The people will wonder and say: ‘What, that’s the Messiah?’ Many have known his name but have not believed that he is the Messiah.”

Read that again. Look at how similar this guy's description is to what is said in scripture about the Antichrist. And how he says "people will wonder and say..."

"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?" Revelation 13:4 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 03:53:53 am »

Actually, "antichrist" means in opposition to, the opposite of, not in place of. I know that might sound like splitting hairs, but there is a big difference.

Etymology

The word "antichrist" is made up of two roots: αντί (anti) + Χριστός (Khristos). "Αντί" can mean not only "against" and "opposite of", but also "in place of",[3] "Χριστός", translated "Christ", is Greek for the Hebrew "Messiah". Both literally mean "Anointed One", and refer to Jesus of Nazareth[4] within Christian, Islamic and Messianic Jewish theology.

Strong's Concordance
antichristos: antichrist, (one who opposes Christ)
Original Word: ἀντίχριστος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: antichristos
Phonetic Spelling: (an-tee'-khris-tos)
Short Definition: antichrist
Definition: antichrist, either one who puts himself in the place of, or the enemy (opponent) of the Messiah.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2014, 05:08:09 am »

Well, for one, Jesus Himself said that he (the Antichrist) will come in his own name (meaning not in the name of the Lord: Jesus' name means "Jehovah saves")

Also, using the name of Jesus doesn't seem like Satan's M.O. Satan wants the glory... all of it. I see the name Lucifer or Sol Invictus being elevated, not Jesus' name. Something that can be connected to all religions equally, not just one. This is where Zeitgeist comes in.

If they can convince everyone that aliens developed all of their religions based on an esoteric "cycle of astrological ages" around the sun and that each religion's respective god and messiah-figure is just a representation of the sun (which for every religion except Biblical Christianity can be alluded to), then everyone will get on the same page and worship the same individual as messiah of all religions.

Remember that theosophy, new age and Zeitgeist teach that the Biblical account of Jesus is done for EVERY savior of every religion. Jesus, to them, is just another one of the "solar avatars", and not unique or special. I see the Antichrist receiving his wound and dying on the winter solstice (Dec. 21, shortest day of the year) being dead for 3 days (Dec. 22-24 sun at lowest point in the sky) and being "resurrected" on Dec. 25 (sun moves 1 degree up), the day Romans celebrated as the "birth of the Unconquered Sun". Remember that the Saturnalia is supposed to mimic the conditions of Saturn's (the sun-star) Golden Age. One tradition about the Golden Age is that there were no laws. Aleister Crowley commented that in the Aeon of Horus "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." Zeitgeist pushes the Venus Project run by Jacques Fresco. Fresco has for a long time advocated the idea of abolishing laws.

Wow! Sorry, I went on a tirade there. If I ever find time to put it into a cohesive post, I'll make a thread about it.

Anyway, Islamic prophecy has a tendency to be spiritualized. An example is the Dajjal: He is blind in his right eye but sees from his left. He is blind conservatively, but sees liberally (Barack Hussein Obama, whose name is 18 letters [18 = 6 + 6 + 6, but not six hundred sixty six], who the NWO is pushing to appear to be the Antichrist)

Didn't someone say that Catholic pope Francis is a "modern-day Jesus?" Muslims love him, too. I could see him as the sidekick to the Antichrist (whom they believe their false Jesus, Isa, will be for the Mahdi) It even fits what Bill Lambert said about the Catholic pope being a "proper receptor" to the New Age Christ.

All in all, it could just be that the rabbi literally believed Jesus is Messiah. I don't remember too much about that story, just that he wrote it on a napkin or piece of paper and they couldn't read it for a year.

did you read what you wrote?

hello?  Cheesy Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 05:47:56 pm »

did you read what you wrote?

hello?  Cheesy Smiley

What about it?
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 01:25:43 am »

The word "antichrist" is made up of two roots: αντί (anti) + Χριστός (Khristos). "Αντί" can mean not only "against" and "opposite of", but also "in place of",...

I guess we are both correct. It has my definition, then it says "but also..." which means that particular use is not the normal, but it is used.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 01:33:20 pm »

If God wills!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/06/doctors-say-former-israel-pm-ariel-sharon-condition-will-likely-get-worse-and/?intcmp=latestnews

Doctors say former Israel PM Ariel Sharon's condition will likely 'get worse and worse'

Published January 06, 2014
Associated Press   

JERSUSALEM –  The medical condition of Israel's former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is deteriorating further and only "a miracle" could stop the decline, the head of the hospital treating him said Monday.

Dr. Zeev Rotstein, director of the Sheba Medical Center near Tel Aviv, said the comatose Sharon remained in a life-threatening condition.

"Unless there is a turn on the level of a miracle, his condition will get worse and worse from day to day," Rotstein told reporters at the hospital.

He said that though doctors managed to stabilize some of Sharon's bodily functions, several vital organs, including his kidneys, are still in a decline.

Sharon, 85, has been in a coma for eight years after a devastating stroke incapacitated him at the peak of his political power.

The hospital announced last week his health had dramatically worsened.

Sharon was one of Israel's most iconic and controversial figures and his career stretched across Israel's 65-year history.

As one of Israel's most famous generals, he was known for bold tactics and an occasional refusal to obey orders. As a politician, he became known as "the bulldozer" -- a man contemptuous of his critics while also capable of getting things done.

He was elected prime minister in 2001.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 05:20:24 am »

What about it?

UHM... you said he wouldnt come in Jesus's name, but all those examples you gave were of suspected antichrists using Jesus's name.
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 07:48:14 pm »

UHM... you said he wouldnt come in Jesus's name, but all those examples you gave were of suspected antichrists using Jesus's name.

Not really. He's a counterfeit messiah, and they'll try to link him like crazy to Jesus (again, probably through the Shroud of Turin and the Merovingian bloodline stuff), but he won't use Jesus' name. He has to be able to connect himself to all religions. The name Jesus would be seen as "too exclusive". It has to be more all-encompassing, since the Antichrist will present himself as everything to all people. So I think he'll use his own given name (whatever it ends up being), but will be given titles like "Lucifer", "Apollo", "Christ" and "Unconquered Sun".

Just my two cents.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 05:21:06 am »

which is what i said.
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2014, 06:16:34 am »

Huh

No, you said he would literally use the name 'Jesus'.

Well, no matter, it's not important.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2014, 06:27:41 am »

Huh

No, you said he would literally use the name 'Jesus'.

Well, no matter, it's not important.

this is what i said,

im thinking the Yeshua that shows up is the false Yeshua

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 12:42:29 pm »

I can't help but feel after reading recent dialog in more than one thread between you two, that I have seen this before from somebody else besides Fervor. Your debate style is really familiar.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

Hours left?...

http://news.yahoo.com/condition-ex-israel-pm-sharon-worsens-hospital-153226480.html

Condition of ex-Israel PM Sharon worsens: hospital

Jerusalem (AFP) - The health of former Israeli premier Ariel Sharon has worsened over the past hours, hospital officials said on Thursday, describing him as being in "extremely critical" condition.

"Over the past hours, there has been a worsening of the condition of former prime minister Ariel Sharon. His condition is described as extremely critical and his family is at his side all the time," said a statement from Sheba hospital near Tel Aviv where he is being treated.

Sharon has been in a coma since January 4, 2006 after suffering a massive stroke, but his condition took a sudden turn for the worse on January 1 when he suffered serious kidney problems after surgery.

Hospital sources quoted by army radio said the former premier only had "a few days or even hours" left.

On Sunday hospital director Zeev Rotstein said Sharon was facing "imminent" death. (cont.)
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2014, 08:24:13 pm »

Mark,

You also said this:

so really what is to stop him from using that name? Even Islam is looking for a "Yeshua" to come back and help their messiah. And here you have Israel's chief Rabbi saying the name of the comming messiah is Yeshua... just saying...

Hence why I thought you were implying he'd literally use the name 'Jesus' or 'Yeshua'. Sorry if I misinterpreted.

I can't help but feel after reading recent dialog in more than one thread between you two, that I have seen this before from somebody else besides Fervor. Your debate style is really familiar.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits"

Are you saying I debate similarly to this person, or that I'm literally this person?

Is that a good or bad thing?
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2014, 02:20:27 am »

Are you saying I debate similarly to this person, or that I'm literally this person?

Is that a good or bad thing?

Yes, it's familiar. Literally a certain person from the past? Don't know, but the truth will come out, of that I have no doubt. Scripture does that to people.

Good or bad? Depends on who you are. If you are the type person I'm thinking, based on your posts of doctrine and understanding, no it's not good. I'm just being honest. Something isn't right from what I've read. The unction I'm getting from the Holy One is telling me to pay attention, something is amiss.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2014, 08:31:11 pm »

Yes, it's familiar. Literally a certain person from the past? Don't know, but the truth will come out, of that I have no doubt. Scripture does that to people.

Well, I'm certainly not someone who used to post here. Mark can check my IP address and confirm that if needed.

Good or bad? Depends on who you are. If you are the type person I'm thinking, based on your posts of doctrine and understanding, no it's not good. I'm just being honest. Something isn't right from what I've read. The unction I'm getting from the Holy One is telling me to pay attention, something is amiss.

What would that be? Not trying to be contentious (really, I'm not) I am curious as to what you see "isn't right", though. I'm not perfect by any means, but if I'm getting all cooky about something, I'd rather someone tell me.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2014, 03:14:58 am »

Okay, fair enough. What isn't right, is your doctrine. It comes across as somebody we've debated here before. Not saying it was you, but your debate style/doctrine is really similar. We've had issues with both a Catholic and a Jehovah Witness, and both seemed to act a lot like you. That's about as honest and meek as I can be.

So, if not, then what be your denomination or churchianity upbringing? I apparently missed it.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2014, 04:34:54 am »

Okay, fair enough. What isn't right, is your doctrine. It comes across as somebody we've debated here before. Not saying it was you, but your debate style/doctrine is really similar. We've had issues with both a Catholic and a Jehovah Witness, and both seemed to act a lot like you. That's about as honest and meek as I can be.

The second bolded part  Sad

What exactly is wrong about my doctrine? And specifically what portion of doctrine? Salvation? Prophecy understanding? Post-salvation living? Etc.

So, if not, then what be your denomination or churchianity upbringing? I apparently missed it.

I'm not gonna go over my entire testimony in detail but as an overview of where I've been:

I was raised Roman Catholic until the age of 15, then became agnostic (bouncing between different religions) until I settled into new age for a year. Sometime in January of 2009 I was watching some Alex Jones videos (funny how compatible the two are) when I came across a video about hell. I couldn't tell you why that video was there in the "recommended for you" section of YouTube, but I watched it and it scared me straight. I got saved that day. Now I admit, I got caught up in false doctrine early on (the original video about hell I saw was by Spiritually Smart. I don't even know if he's still around, but Spiritually Smart and TheForerunner [yikes!] were my first exposure to the King James Bible, albeit not correctly discerned), but thankfully God pulled me away from it once I bought a KJV and started reading it for myself. I still was very much young in the faith and did very little for God the first year or two, though. It wasn't until I got out of my parents house that I started to truly witness verbally and pass out gospel tracts.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2014, 06:00:18 pm »

Former prime minister Ariel Sharon dies at 85, funeral at Negev ranch set for Monday

Former prime minister Ariel Sharon died on Saturday at Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer, days after his condition deteriorated dramatically.

haron would have turned 86 next month. His family gathered at the hospital to be with him in his final moments. His sons Omri and and Gilad had been by his side since his condition deteriorated on January 1.

Gilad Sharon reacted to the death of his father on Saturday, saying that "he went when he decided to go."

Gilad Sharon thanked the medical staff at Sheba Medical Center and thanked all of those who had prayed for the former prime minister.

Professor Shlomo Noy, the director of the Rehabilitation  Unit at Sheba Medical Center, officially announced Sharon's death at a press conference.

Noi stated that Sharon had continued to fight for his life in the past week as his health further deteriorated "against all odds."

He added that, on Saturday, Sharon's heart had weakened and he "peacefully separated from his family."

Sharon will be laid in state at the Knesset Sunday from noon to 6 p.m., during which the public is invited to pay their respects to Israel's 11th premier.

A memorial service will be held in the Knesset Monday at 10 a.m. followed by a funeral at 2:30 p.m. on his Negev ranch, where he will be laid to rest beside his wife Lily. who died in 2000.

Sharon's vital organs failed, including his kidneys and his lungs. His blood pressure and heartbeat, which returned to normal on Monday, deteriorated again on Thursday. Hospital officials said others in his condition would not have lasted as long as he did.

Media from around the world gathered at the hospital to deliver the news as soon as Sharon's passing was formally announced.

Sharon's career ended in January 2006 when he suffered a debilitating stroke, his second in under a month. Since then, he has been in a coma on life support systems.

Sheba director Ze'ev Rotstein said Monday that only a miracle could save Sharon's life. A day earlier Rotstein said that Sharon, whose first name means lion in Hebrew, was "fighting like a lion."

Sharon was one of Israel’s legendary politicians and military leaders. He played an instrumental role in IDF victories in the Sinai desert in both the 1967 Six Day War and in the 1973 Yom Kippur War. His victories on the battlefield, immortalized by the image of him in an IDF uniform with a white bandage wrapped around his wounded forehead, earned him the title, “Arik, King of Israel.”

He was equally fearless in the political arena, where he was the father of two parties, Likud and Kadima. As defense minister in 1982, he oversaw the Lebanon War before he was ousted from office in 1983 as a result of the Sabra and Shatilla massacre for which the Kahn Commission of Inquiry found him indirectly responsible.

But he returned to politics. As construction and housing minister from 1990 to 1992, he was responsible for a massive building effort of 144,000 apartments to house the flood of Russian-speaking immigrants from the former Soviet Union bloc. As the father of the settlement movement, he was also instrumental in building thousands of homes in Judea and Samaria and is famous for urging right-wing activists “to run for the hilltops.”

He rose to the post of foreign minister in 1998. In September 2000, as the head of the Likud party, his walk on the Temple Mount was cited by Palestinians as the trigger for the second intifada.

He was elected prime minister in 2001 and under his leadership Israel began to build its security barrier in the West Bank.

He was famous for the slogan “The fate of Netzarim [a Jewish settlement in the Gaza Strip] is the fate of Tel Aviv.” But as prime minister, he formulated and executed the disengagement, in which Israel evacuated 21 Gaza settlements along with another four in northern Samaria. In 2005, he left the Likud in anger, choosing to create Kadima with Shimon Peres, Ehud Olmert and Livni.

After his stroke, Kadima went on to win the 2006 election under Olmert’s leadership.

http://www.jpost.com/National-News/Former-prime-minister-Ariel-Sharon-dies-at-85-337662
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2014, 07:42:43 pm »

It's unfortunate that he died lost. Sad

Well, in any case, things could get mighty interesting from here on out, methinks.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 02:32:12 am »

What exactly is wrong about my doctrine? And specifically what portion of doctrine? Salvation? Prophecy understanding? Post-salvation living? Etc.

I'm not gonna go over my entire testimony in detail but as an overview of where I've been:

I was raised Roman Catholic until the age of 15, then became agnostic (bouncing between different religions) until I settled into new age for a year. Sometime in January of 2009 I was watching some Alex Jones videos (funny how compatible the two are) when I came across a video about hell. I couldn't tell you why that video was there in the "recommended for you" section of YouTube, but I watched it and it scared me straight. I got saved that day. Now I admit, I got caught up in false doctrine early on (the original video about hell I saw was by Spiritually Smart. I don't even know if he's still around, but Spiritually Smart and TheForerunner [yikes!] were my first exposure to the King James Bible, albeit not correctly discerned), but thankfully God pulled me away from it once I bought a KJV and started reading it for myself. I still was very much young in the faith and did very little for God the first year or two, though. It wasn't until I got out of my parents house that I started to truly witness verbally and pass out gospel tracts.

What exactly is wrong? Well, seeing your still just a babe, one thing at a time. Mark is doing fine discussing with you some things.

The issue is that you come on too strong for your "age". And the questions you present, at least the manner, like you just did to me with those questions, that's not good. Your in too big a hurry to answer these questions, and even before something gets answered your off to ask something else. A previous person here did the same thing as a means of distraction here, keep asking new questions and argue or "debate" about everything.

As for doctrine, the Catholic raising is deeper than you realize. It's showing. That's part of the aggressive debate mentality you have. And it's also why you went looking at other beliefs, because you had no grounding from the Catholics, and quite frankly were not saved.

I realize your zeal is strong, as it usually is with new believers, but my impression is that you would do better if you would slow down. Too many questions, too big a hurry, and quite frankly too argumentative for such a young age in the Word. Starting off after being born-again, you need to learn how to spiritually crawl before you walk, much less run!

"In your patience posses ye your soul"

"But let patience have her perfect work"

I recommend if your going to be around here, that you post up a testimony so people can see your background and a little info about how you came to know Jesus. Maybe add a little bit to what you posted for me.

Please forgive my suspicions, but I've seen many come and go in the last several years. Unless you read my testimony, just to let you know, I was born-again back in 1988, which is when I got my KJB.(though I had one way back when I was a kid, as my family was mostly Baptists in the south) So, I was raised in a traditional fundamentalist family. Baptists, Methodists, and a couple non-denominational here and there. Not a Catholic in my family anywhere that I know of, ever. My family is mainly Scottish (Related to William Wallace, read what the Catholics did to him!) and some Irish, came over as Protestants fleeing persecution by the church of England back in the 1700's.

Anyway, being so new, just slow down. The most common issue with new believers is that they get a little knowledge after searching the scriptures, zealous for their new beliefs, and then get to where they START to understand some doctrine, and coupled with pressure by churchianity to go out doing "good works" to "preach the gospel", new babes think they need to rush right out and start preaching to people, when they haven't even learned the basics yet.

This is a real danger for the new babe, because at that point pride is running real high because of their new belief. It's new, and they are proud and happy they found it, and want to tell everybody. Not so fast!

"Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil." 1 Timothy 3:6 (KJB)

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Hebrews 5:12 (KJB)

You MUST learn the milk first.

"But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Hebrews 5:14 (KJB)

(My apologies for distracting the thread. Back on topic...)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:37:03 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2014, 04:04:41 am »

From a friend:

"I put on TV this morning, first time in a long time. The 1st News I heard was ARIEL SHARON (11 letters) had died. The 11th prime minister dies on the 11 day and while I right this up it is 11pm in Israel. It is also the 11th month in Israel."

http://www.torahcalendar.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2014, 09:43:18 am »

Very interesting...
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2014, 01:18:53 am »

And one inch less that a foot is 11 inches. Amazing!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged