End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 07:11:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The 10 Commandments in the NT

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 10 Commandments in the NT  (Read 184 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2011, 03:50:01 am »

Believers are no longer under Law but under Grace. But while we are no longer under the “Ceremonial Law” that being fulfilled in Christ, we are under the “Moral Law” the Ten Commandments, for while they are distinctly Jewish, yet their observance is required of every Christian believer as laid down by the Apostles in their Epistles, with one exception, and that is the observance of the Sabbath, or the Seventh Day of the Week. That is not obligatory upon the Christian.

The Ten Commandments in the Exodus 20 and as reproduced in the New Testament are as follows:

1) One God.
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
1 Tim 2:5. 1 Cor 8:4-6.

2) Idolatry.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under earth: Thous shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them
1 Cor 10:7, 14. 1 John 5:21.

3) Profanity.
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Col 3:8. Matt 6:9.

4) Sabbath.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Gal 4:10-11. Col 2:16-17.

5) Honor Parents.
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Eph 6:2.

6) Murder.
Thou shalt not kill.
1 John 3:14-15.

7) Adultery.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Eph 5:3-5. Gal 5:19.

8) Stealing.
Thou shalt not steal.
Eph 4:28.

9) False Witness.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Eph 4:25. 1 Cor 13:5.

10) Covetousness.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house...nor anything thing that is thy neighbour's
Eph 5:3.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:27:25 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 12:04:28 pm »

Thanks;
I was also told that Matt 5 had NT 10 Commandments; but, it seems that He was speaking to Israel, not Gentiles.

Mat 5:1  AND seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
Mat 5:2  And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3  Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5  Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9  Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10  Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:44:16 pm »

"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter." Romans 7:6 (KJB)

This is the exact reason, I believe, that Jesus said what He did to the one who asked Him what is the greatest commandment. Same exact discusion. And what did our Lord say?

35   Then one of them, [which was] a lawyer, asked [him a question], tempting him, and saying,  
36   Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?  
37   Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  
38   This is the first and great commandment.  
39   And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  
40   On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.  
Matthew 22:35-40 (KJB)

1   Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.  
2   Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.  
3   For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.  
4   Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.  
5   For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.  
6   For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.  
7 ¶ Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?  
8   This persuasion [cometh] not of him that calleth you.  
9   A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.  
10   I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.  
11   And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.  
12   I would they were even cut off which trouble you.  
13   For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.  
14   For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  
15   But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.  
16 ¶ [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.  
17   For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.  
18   But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.  
19   Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,  
20   Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,  
21   Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.  
22   But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  
23   Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  
24   And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.  
25   If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.  
26   Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.  
Galatians 5 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: