End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:57:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Mormonism is a CULT!!!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mormonism is a CULT!!!  (Read 3841 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 05:34:34 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3lmWszMRTU&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 05:43:01 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM&feature=youtu.be
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 10:12:04 pm »

I'm on saintsalive.com's email list(Ed Decker, a former Mormon, runs this site - for those of you that have seen Pinto's 4 part series "Secret History of America's Beginnings", you probably remember him in a couple of the parts). Not that I endorse Decker's ministry, but nonetheless some of what he says in his last email newsletter is alarming concerning Churchianity...

Saints Alive and The Decker Report November, 2012

Dear friends,

I will try to make this short and to the point.  I have taken a different direction in my radio programming for the rest of the year. I will describe the new programming below in my message.

As we all now know, all the hype of the elections has brought us a continuation of the last four years and while Romney was defeated, the LDS church has made huge gains in their acceptability as a regular Christian group.   

They have reworked their missionary program to now take kids right out of high school instead of giving them a few extra years to mature

According to their own PR, this means that there will be up to 100,000 Mormon missionaries roaming the street of the world, bringing their message of false doctrine to the world.

In one news article, the LDS spokesperson stated that now was the time to take advantage of the "Mormon Moment" of national acceptability and hit the streets in the USA while people wanted to know more about Romney's faith.

This means we will be busier than ever responding to the folks who want to know more about what they "Really" believe.

If I said that we can really use some people to partner with us financially and in prayer, it would be a very real understatement.

Would you pray about helping us in the ministry outreach to those lost in spiritual darkness? It is a heavy load to carry. We need your help today.

Your brother in Christ,

Ed Decker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I don't endorse everything Decker said here, but Churchianity made a big mistake by openly embracing Romney, and putting the leaven of politics over the word of God. It was one thing to endorse Bush II, but this particular case is much different and far worse.

Gal_5:1  Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Philippians_1:27  Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

2Th_2:15  Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 03:07:30 pm »

This is from Ed Decker's http://www.saintsalive.com newsletter(which I got today)...

Mormons, Gays and the Boy Scouts of America

LDS Doctrines on Morality take another tumble

The 14 million-member LDS Church has 420,977 youths in 37,882 scouting units.

The faith allows chaste gays to hold callings or positions in its organizations, when chosen by local Mormon leaders, and its written guidelines do not exclude Scouting. [Peggy Fletcher Stack, SL Tribune, 1/28/13]

As the BSA sits on the edge of a major policy shift to allow gays to take leadership positions in the BSA, the LDS church has already been doing so for some time. Sort of like having the wolves shepherd the sheep. It is a remarkable change and a bit of a shock.  I remember back in the early 1980s when an off-campus, student newspaper called the 7Th East Press did an expose on Homosexuality and BYU. It revealed that as many as one-third of returning LDS missionaries at BYU were engaged in the Homosexual lifestyle.  Their exceptional research and publishing the results did not sit well with the "brethren." As I remember, the key students in the report were soon attending other schools.

Back in the 1970s, BYU Camus police followed gay students to gay bars and other such hangouts in Salt Lake City and then, back on campus, brought them in for reprogramming that included electroshock therapy.   One of the usual solutions was to marry these youngsters off to  a willing coed as soon as possible, convinced this would be the real cure. All it did was totally mess up people's lives even further.

Now gay and lesbian lifestyles are OK on campus and in church leadership positions. This is the same church that took a major stand in supporting Proposition 8 in California. They are going to reap a whirlwind in this major shift in its acceptance of such a non-biblical lifestyle.  This new LDS Church, trying to be the fuzziest, warmest kind of welcoming church, s selling out its own standards of morality.

Just a few months ago, The Boys Scouts of America and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have agreed to settle a lawsuit filed by a Portland man who said they didn't do enough to stop a Scout troop leader from sexually abusing children.

A document filed Nov. 15 in U.S. District Court in Boise said both sides agreed to an undisclosed monetary settlement. The lawsuit alleges the leader of a Boy Scout troop in Nampa in southwestern Idaho sexually abused the plaintiff over three years in both Idaho and Oregon starting in 1967, and that the abuse left him with debilitating physical, emotional and mental injuries.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 02:18:33 pm »

http://www.chick.com/bc/1985/mormonism.asp
There Is Nothing More Pagan: Mormon Teaching

Issue Date: January/February 1985

You will never learn Mormon doctrine from their Articles of Faith. Those are written to hide their teachings from "gentile" readers. You must look into their secret temple ceremonies and the writings of their prophets. Here are some of the surprising results.

Mormon scripture consists of four books. They are: (1) The Book of Mormon (2) Doctrine and Covenants (3) Pearl of Great Price and (4) The Bible (in that order). The first three books seriously contradict the Bible. Mormons often ignore the Bible, claiming it is "mis-translated."
Startling facts every Mormon needs to know.

Before you think about witnessing to Mormons... read this book!

Joseph Smith was God's prophet. "No man can come to Christ except through Joseph Smith."

Prophets are better than Scriptures. The words of a Mormon prophet supercede those of the written Scriptures.

God was once a man who progressed to Godhood. Mormons believe we can do the same. Their God has a physical body of flesh and bone.

There are many gods in heaven. God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are supposedly separate gods, united only in purpose.

God is having kids. Surrounded by what must be 1,000 or more wives, God is having little spirit babies which will inhabit the people born on the earth. The number of babies this requires Him to produce daily is incredible! No explanation is given why their God of flesh and bone, having babies through physical sexual contact with his wives, has only spirit babies. They teach that Mary married God to have Jesus (or else He would have been illegitimate) and then divorced him to marry Joseph.

Dark skin results from a "curse" placed upon certain spirits, presumably for some failure during "pre-existence." This anti-Negro doctrine is an embarrassment for Mormon leaders, and they are under great pressure to change it.

Women need husbands for resurrection at the end of time. Without a man to "lift the veil" over her face on resurrection day she won't make it. She is desperate to see her husband remain a true Mormon so she may be resurrected. Women's liberation has not made great inroads here.

Jesus had many wives. They say Mary and Martha were among his wives. One Mormon authority said Jesus was killed for his polygamy.

The Book of Mormon is infallible. Mormon Articles of Faith say, "We believe the Bible to be the Word of God as far as it is translated correctly: we also believe The Book of Mormon to be the Word of God." They claim anything in the Bible which denies Mormon teaching is "incorrectly translated."

Polygamy in heaven will be the rule. While early Mormon leaders taught and practiced polygamy, today few practice it due to fear of arrest. However, they teach that men (but not women) will be polygamists in heaven.

Marriage for eternity is performed in Mormon temples. Perhaps they consider Jesus' words to the contrary (Matt. 22:30) are "mis-translated."

"Holy underwear" is put on during the Mormon marriage ceremony (performed only in the temple). These "garments" must always touch the body for the rest of life. This is supposed to keep the "anointing oil" of the temple ceremony from escaping. Some irreverently call then "angel pants."

Baptism for the dead is done to provide non-Mormon ancestors a place in "celestial glory." Mormons spend great sums on genealogical research to find relatives who had no Mormon baptism. They say no one can get to heaven without baptism, and heaven has no water, so they baptize the living for their dead.

Proxy marriage for the dead is performed in Mormon temples. Mormons believe that loved ones who died outside Mormonism will live alone in the hereafter. Mormons conduct proxy weddings to "seal" these dead ones so they can be husband and wife in heaven.

Three heavens (degrees of glory) are taught: "Celestial," "Terrestrial," and "Telestial." All except the worst sinners (doomed to perdition) are expected to go to one of these. Only Mormons who marry in the Temple, keep the "Word of Wisdom" and wear their "garments" can get to the Celestial kingdom. God is supposed to be there. Those whose works aren't good enough, are stuck with the lower levels, where they are denied the "joys" of a polygamous eternity.

There is no hell according to current Mormon teaching. Even though The Book of Mormon teaches about hell, Mormons deny its existence. Much of current Mormon teaching contradicts their "infallible" Book of Mormon.

The one true church is the Mormon church. All others are apostate.

Many of their doctrines, taught by Mormon "prophets," are a great embarrassment to present Mormon leaders. They are even attempting to deny that their great prophets ever taught some of theses things.

But the historical record is clear. The writings of Joseph Smith, Brigham Young and others include the above doctrines.

Obviously Mormonism, which bases its claim to be the true church on the absolute reliability of early Mormon prophets, is proving today that those prophets were not speaking the words of an infallible God. Mormonism is continually changing and self-contradictory.

Imagine being born into this pagan system, believing with all your heart that it is the only truth! May God give us compassion and boldness to lead Mormons to abandon this horrendous mixture and find life-changing faith in Jesus Christ!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 08:22:49 pm »

http://news.msn.com/in-depth/putting-eternal-salvation-in-the-hands-of-19-year-old-missionaries-1
Putting Eternal Salvation in the Hands of 19-Year-Old Missionaries
8/24/14

When young Mormons are sent around the world to attract new adherents to the Church, sometimes they end up questioning their own faith.

Seventeen-year-old Matthew Timion was smoking a cigarette out his bedroom window when he heard a knock at the door. He’d just moved across the country with his mother and stepfather, a militant atheist. The recent death of his alcoholic father had left him with many questions about life, death and faith. Without looking, he somehow knew the visitors at the door were Mormon missionaries. He later interpreted this as a sign from God.

“Mormonism came as a white horse,” Timion says. “They talked about families that can be together forever, life after death, the purpose of life. And there was an instant community. [For] someone like myself, who has father issues, this church run by men ready to give you a pat on the back filled every need I had.”

The missionaries Timion met that day guided him through the conversion process. Two years later, Timion embarked on a mission himself.

Non-Mormons are used to hiding from pairs of clean-cut young men in name tags and dark suits. But few of us understand what it’s like to be inside those suits, knocking on doors and approaching strangers in public to discuss their most deeply held beliefs.

Since the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was founded in 1830, over one million Mormons have gone on missions. In March  2014 alone, there were 85,039 full-time missionaries serving at 405 missions around the world. Sixty-four percent of those missionaries were young men, 28 percent were young women, and 8 percent were seniors, who are defined in church literature to be worshippers who have left the workforce.

For young men growing up in Mormon communities, the pressure to go on a mission is enormous. Open any newspaper in Utah and you’ll find farewell and homecoming announcements. An advertisement in The Universe , Brigham Young University’s campus newspaper, offers a free pre-mission dental exam. One missionary we spoke to had his wisdom teeth removed as a farewell gift from his Mormon dentist.

Russell Beckstead is the ninth of ten siblings, six of whom had served before Russell was old enough to serve on a mission. In the small Idaho town where he grew up, 66 percent  of the county was Mormon, and time was marked by the comings and goings of missionaries.

“If you’re a man in the church and you didn’t serve a mission, that immediately raises eyebrows,” Beckstead explains. “Your prospects of getting a mate are linked directly to whether or not you served an honorable mission. A common joke is that the more people you preach the gospel to, the more attractive your future wife will be.”

Even more than mainstream Christianity, Mormonism emphasizes the importance of evangelism. One of Joseph Smith’s revelations in the Doctrine & Covenants , an LDS foundational document, reads, “Ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel [...], declaring my word like unto angels.”

During our interview, Beckstead pulls a laminated card from his pocket. “This is a priesthood line of authority. Jesus gave the priesthood to Peter, James, and John, who gave it to Joseph Smith, who gave it to these guys, and these guys gave it to these guys, all the way down to me. There’s a direct line of authority from Jesus Christ to me. And so I really believed, on my mission, that I was an official, legal representative of Jesus Christ.”

All missionaries report to one of 15 missionary training centers throughout the world at the start of their mission. The largest training center, in Provo, Utah, stretches several miles alongside BYU and accommodates up to 4,000 missionaries-in-training who are called “Elders” and “Sisters.” For up to 12 weeks, they receive classroom instruction in foreign languages, theology, and conversational strategies, guided by Preach My Gospel , while the Missionary Handbook outlines acceptable language, dress, conduct, tithing, and relationships. Several missionaries described the training center as “boot camp” for its spiritual and emotional “breakdowns” and highlighted its rigorous sixteen-hour schedule—the same hours missionaries keep throughout their time abroad.

“It was like a college dorm with a bunch of clean-cut men that all look the same,” says Timion, the missionary who converted at age 17. “A clone center. They let you know that everything you’ve done is a sin. All these 19-year-old boys and 21-year-old girls feel horrible about themselves, and confess and are forgiven. It was a very, very long, miserable experience that I wouldn’t want to relive.”

The missionary training center is also a missionary’s first experience of companionship—having an assigned companion by your side 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as you dress, bathe, study, eat, and sleep. If you want to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, you have to wake your companion and have him stand guard outside the door. “Your missionary companion is there to keep you on the straight and narrow path, so you don’t let Satan win,” Timion says.

Russell Beckstead’s older siblings were called to exotic locations, including the Caribbean, northern Europe, and eastern Germany immediately following the fall of the Berlin Wall. “And then I was called to Indiana!” Beckstead laughs.

“In Indiana, there was this line everybody would use. They would say, ‘There’s two things that I don’t talk to anybody about: politics and religion. Now get outta here.’ I heard that line I don’t know how many times.”

Missionaries provide progress numbers to their mission leaders, who in turn report up a hierarchical structure: How many people they talk to, how many copies of the Book of Mormon they distribute, how many baptisms they’ve performed, and so on. All of the missionaries we spoke to mentioned how rare baptisms were, and how much guilt they felt as a result. "You’re like, man, we only talked to four people this whole week. We must be horrible missionaries," Beckstead says. "And they—the assistants, and the zone leaders and the president—they try really hard to convince you that they don’t care about the numbers. They’re like, ‘Oh, it’s not about the numbers, elders. It’s not about the numbers … but what are the numbers?!'"

And those numbers were frequently dismal. “The most typical experience was just a door slammed in your face,” Beckstead says. “Somebody sees that you’ve got a nametag on, and you’re in a tie and a white shirt, and the door immediately closes.”

After the first few months of his mission in England, Adam Ballard*, 19, born and raised in Provo, Utah, began to question if he genuinely believed in the only system of faith he’d ever known. He realized one of his roommates had gone on a mission to escape his abusive father, and that others struggled with depression, suicidal thoughts, and pornography addiction, which Ballard attributed to the church’s repressive stance on sexuality.

Ballard was seeing a mission-appointed counselor for anxiety. “My counselor said, ‘Elder Ballard, you can choose to be yourself and do what you believe in, or you can live a hollow life.’ I don’t think he realized what he was saying. A week later, I called my mission president and told him I was going home.”

Before he could be released, Ballard was ordered to speak to his father, his sister, and his stake president, who acts as the head of several local congregations, or "stakes." He described this as “one of the hardest things in my entire life.”

Ballard phoned his father first. “He’s like, ‘What about when Mom died? What about what you said before you left on your mission?’ And I remember telling him, ‘Dad, I lied, because I wanted to look good.’ I got off the phone and cried for two hours.”

A 2013 study at Utah Valley University found that nearly three quarters of missionaries who return home early experience a deep sense of failure. Ballard served for seven months,and received an honorable discharge for health reasons. Although he’s finding the transition difficult and his home congregation less than receptive, Ballard remains positive about the mission experience overall. “You can ‘life shop.’ You meet thousands of people who’ve lived their lives thousands of ways, people who are doctors, lawyers, janitors, who have children, who don’t have children, who are married, who aren’t married, who’ve never been married. And you can see, like, ‘Oh, that’s how I want to live my life. I want to live my life like that guy.’”

Scott Horton’s family has been Mormon for several generations. Like many missionaries, he had doubts about his faith, but he wanted to set a good example for his younger brothers, and the scriptures suggested that the mission itself was the best way to strengthen his testimony.

While an estimated 40 percent of returned missionaries become inactive sometime after completing their mission, only 2 percent become apostates, meaning that they request to have their names removed from church rolls, or are formally excommunicated. Scott Horton is among the 2 percent. Looking back, he recalls the moment when “all the lights starting firing” on his mission in Bahia Blanca, Argentina. “In my last area, I went on a regimen of studying the Book of Mormon like crazy, praying like crazy. I got to a point where I was fasting every week, wanting to get an answer. I did that for two or three months. And just nothing.”

Another turning point occurred when Horton stopped a man on the street who was an adherent to the Virgin of Guadalupe. “I said, ‘Oh, that’s really interesting. Why do you follow her?’ And he said, ‘Well, five or six years ago, I didn’t have a job and I was out of money. And I couldn’t stand to be at home and watch my daughters cry over hunger. I was walking down the road, praying, and I had no idea what to do. And I saw a light. I looked into the light and saw the Virgin. She told me that everything would be okay, and that she was looking out for me and would provide for me. And when I looked down, below the light, there was 20 pesos on the ground. I picked it up and bought bread and milk for my daughters. I’ll always remember that, and I will never move away from her.’

“I was dumbfounded. I thanked him for sharing that story with me and let him go on his way. I remember thinking, I have nothing that even compares to something that spiritual, that profound. Who was I to stand out here telling people what to do? You start to recognize how ridiculous it is to put people’s eternal salvation in the hands of 19-year-olds who are viewing it as a competition of who can baptize more people.”

Russell Beckstead, now in his mid-thirties, remains an active member of the Church. He still accompanies missionaries every week as a model of non-missionary fellowship—what he refers to as “being a normal person.”

Young is uncomfortable with the missionary promise that conversion is a cure-all. “People will talk about how they lost their job, or they have this medical problem, or their wife left them, or their kid is in trouble at school, or their parents are suffering and old. And as a missionary, your mentality is, ‘Okay, pray and read the Book of Mormon. Done.’ And I want to be like, ‘Did you not hear all these other problems?’ I still believe that faith and Jesus Christ gives people power and comfort in their lives. But it’s not going to solve their problems!”

For Beckstead and others, like Ballard and Horton, the most memorable aspect of missionary work was the connections they developed with different kinds of people—and the theological tension these connections raised. “There’s a scripture in the Book of Mormon that says, ‘The natural man is an enemy to God.’ It gets drilled into you that everybody else is secretly miserable because they’re not in the church. As a missionary, it’s your job to share the secret to happiness. And I just found that that wasn’t true. There’s lots of happy people with great lives, just trying to do the best they can.

“Maybe my faith in the institution was shocked, but my faith in humanity was boosted.

* These names have been changed to protect privacy.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 04:38:41 pm »

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Harry-Reid-Mormon-Catholic-fan/2014/11/26/id/609863/
11/26/14
Harry Reid: 'We Sure Do Like' Pope Francis

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Mormon, says he's an unabashed fan of Roman Catholic Pope Francis.

"We sure do like this new pope," Reid gushed to the The New York Times.

The veteran Democrat acknowledges that he can profess his admiration even though he's "had dealings" with Cardinal Raymond Burke, a powerful Roman Catholic leader who's been demoted twice from key positions by the pope.

"How about Burke? They've demoted him twice," Reid noted with a chuckle, The Times reports. "You know, I've had dealings with Burke."

Reid told The Times that he spent hours with Burke in Missouri after the funeral of former Democratic Sen. Thomas Eagleton, blurting out an embarrassing anecdote about Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill's distaste for the once-powerful Burke.

"After the funeral, we went to his home; I don't know what it's called," Reid told The Times. "A very nice place. And we talked about nothing. Now, Claire McCaskill and others just hate the man."

Reid's dishy tale about McCaskill came the same day the Missouri senator declined to vote for Reid for Democratic leader.

But Reid said he's got no problems with the conservative prelate.

"I said, 'What do you do with all your time?'" Reid recalled. "'I pray a lot.' That's what I remember about the conversation."

Smiling, Reid, who lives in Searchlight, Nev., then declared to The Times: "He's basically ambassador to Searchlight now."

Reid isn't the only congressional Francis fan.

In March, House Speaker John Boehner invited the pontiff to address a joint session of Congress.

Pope Francis will visit the United States for the first time next September, and is expected to visit Philadelphia and New York.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 12:50:40 pm »

Are You Following The Mormon Teaching Of A Post-Tribulation Rapture?

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 04:48:25 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/living/mormon-gay-website/index.html
10/25/16
Mormon and gay: Church says that's no contradiction

(CNN)Ricardo Rosas was the closeted father of six before he came out to his wife -- and, on Tuesday, to the rest of the world.

A third-generation Mormon from Mexico City, Rosas went to church, served a mission and "did everything that was expected" of him.

Still, Rosas, 47, said he felt conflicted and didn't truly understand what was going on.

"For 40 years," Rosas said, "I carried the shame of those feelings... for most of my life I felt very broken."

It wasn't until Rosas started a new job that he discovered the resources he needed in an unlikely place: the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as the Mormon Church is officially known, in Salt Lake City.

As a creative director for church public affairs, Rosas was tasked with designing the church's latest campaign: a new section of its official website titled "Mormon and Gay."

As the office's attention fixed upon homosexuality, Rosas scrutinized himself. Eventually, he was able to share his sexuality with a colleague who also identified as "same-sex attracted."

"It was liberating," Rosas said.

Rosas said he realized he could be "same-sex attracted," married, and Mormon. Now he and his wife Elizabeth are featured prominently on "Mormon and Gay," discussing how they have grown together as the new materials gave them the tools for "a healthy dialogue."

more
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: