End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 02:05:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Mormonism is a CULT!!!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mormonism is a CULT!!!  (Read 3835 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:43:45 am »

2 Romney challengers dodge Christian question

Two Republican presidential candidates refused to say Sunday whether they believe Mitt Romney, a Mormon, is a Christian, while a third said he doesn't agree with a Texas pastor who called the religion a "cult."

Businessman Herman Cain and Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann declined to answer questions about Romney's Mormon religion.

"He's a Mormon, that much I know," Cain said. "I am not going to do an analysis of Mormonism versus Christianity for the sake of answering that."

Bachmann called the issue a distraction.

"I think what the real focus is here, is on religious tolerance. That's really what this is about," Bachmann said. "To make this a big issue is ridiculous right now, because every day I'm on the street talking to people. This is not what people are talking about."

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, who runs in the GOP presidential campaign as a social conservative, was more direct, saying _ as Texas Gov. Rick Perry did Friday _ that he didn't consider Mormonism a cult.

"I'm not an expert on Mormonism. All I know is that every Mormon I know is a good and decent person, has great moral values," Santorum said.

But when asked if he believed Romney is "a true Christian," Santorum spoke somewhat haltingly: "Mitt Romney is a true, he says he's a Christian. I believe he said Christian."

In Romney's 2008 campaign, Mormons said they felt maligned by claims they aren't Christian. The scriptures used by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints include the Old and New Testaments, and sacred books that contain the revelations of their 19th century founder Joseph Smith.

The recent questions about Romney's religion surfaced Friday after a Baptist pastor told reporters after introducing Perry at a forum that Romney was "not a Christian." Robert Jeffress, who made similar comments in 2008, also told reporters that Mormonism is a "cult."

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, another GOP presidential contender, criticized Jeffress' comments on Sunday, calling them "very unwise and very inappropriate."

"I think that none of us should sit in judgment on somebody else's religion," Gingrich said. "I think he's a Mormon and Mormons define themselves as a branch of Christianity."

Cain and Bachmann appeared on CNN's "State of the Union." Santorum appeared on "Fox News Sunday." Gingrich appeared on CBS's "Face the Nation."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=1454332
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 05:48:04 am »

"He's a Mormon, that much I know," Cain said. "I am not going to do an analysis of Mormonism versus Christianity for the sake of answering that."

Really? what if he was a Muslim? Oh wait, you've already flipflopped on that issue.

Bachmann called the issue a distraction.

A distraction? A guy that will beleive anything as president and that is a distraction? A guy that has no discernment at all and talking about that is a ditraction?

"I'm not an expert on Mormonism. All I know is that every Mormon I know is a good and decent person, has great moral values," Santorum said.

Muslims are good people too, until they come for your head.

3 people im not voting for at all.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:52:28 am »

Forget the rigged voting boxes, this is ALSO how elections are RIGGED - when the other parties are playing the role of the LOSER AHEAD of time.

Remember the 2008 election when McCain did everything he could to throw the election at Obama's way, but en yet, the so-called "christian coalition" was backing McCain every step of the way, despite the fact that McCain has been a notorious non-Christian for years.

Assuming we get to 2012, looks like Romney already has the GOP primaries locked up.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:19:17 am »

At least the Media thinks so. Its been a Romney victory since the get go.  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 09:52:14 am »

Romney Not Cultist, Fuller President Says Cautiously
http://www.christianpost.com/news/romney-not-cultist-fuller-president-says-cautiously-57688/

President of Fuller Theological Seminary Richard J. Mouw is a MORON!!!

And I question HOW he could be in charge of a Theological Seminary and not be able to tell the difference. In fact Mormons are ANTICHRIST as they deny just who Jesus is.

isnt Fuller Theological Seminary a Jesuit school anyway.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:08:46 pm »

Romney Not Cultist, Fuller President Says Cautiously
http://www.christianpost.com/news/romney-not-cultist-fuller-president-says-cautiously-57688/

President of Fuller Theological Seminary Richard J. Mouw is a MORON!!!

And I question HOW he could be in charge of a Theological Seminary and not be able to tell the difference. In fact Mormons are ANTICHRIST as they deny just who Jesus is.

isnt Fuller Theological Seminary a Jesuit school anyway.  Roll Eyes

The likes of Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, John Piper, and Brian McLaren came out of Fuller...Nuff said...
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 01:49:51 pm »

"I think that none of us should sit in judgment on somebody else's religion," Gingrich said. "I think he's a Mormon and Mormons define themselves as a branch of Christianity."

And that is your problem Newt! No righteous judgement. But then if one has the Holy Ghost, they'd be able to see what spirits are of God.

Atheists can claim they are Christians but that doesn't mean they are. The VAST majority of "Christians" don't consider Mormons Christian. All they are is a religious sect that was formed by a single man who used Christianity as a basis for his own brand of religion.

And yes, by Christian definition, they are antichrist.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 06:22:18 am »

Mormon bishop's daughter spills Romney's 'secrets' ...
'Would you trust the judgment of a man if he truly believes he's gonna be a god?'

The daughter of a Mormon bishop who has abandoned her family's faith claims in a new book the election of Mitt Romney to the presidency would put the U.S. in danger due to what she calls the Republican's "outrageous," "horrific" and "mind-controlling" beliefs.

"While he attempts to portray Mormonism as just another Christian religion, Mitt Romney counts on his skills to shift our attention away from what he truly believes," says Tricia Erickson, author of "Can Mitt Romney Serve Two Masters? The Mormon Church Versus the Office of the Presidency of the United States of America."

"If the American people knew what he truly believed, they would surely not place him in the highest office in the land."

Yet others, such as professor Richard Bushman, a Mormon and previous missionary himself who has taught at Harvard, Columbia and Brown Universities, are defending the faith. He calls Erickson "disillusioned" and someone who "instead of walking away felt an obligation to discredit [her] former faith."

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the official name for Mormonism, has rocketed into the national consciousness this month since Rev. Robert Jeffress, a Rick Perry supporter who pastors the First Baptist Church of Dallas, Texas, said Romney was "not a Christian" and that Mormonism is a "cult."

"Part of a pastor's job is to warn his people and others about false religions," Jeffress said Sunday, standing by his controversial remarks. "Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Mormonism are all false religions."

In her book, Erickson paints an unflattering picture of the Mormon faith, which counts not only the former Massachusetts governor as a member, but also fellow GOP presidential contender Jon Huntsman, Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., radio talk-show host Glenn Beck, singer Gladys Knight, actresses Amy Adams and Katherine Heigl, "Napoleon Dynamite" actor Jon Heder, entertainers Donny and Marie Osmond, and sports stars including the NFL's Steve Young, Danny White and Merlin Olsen.

Erickson says Romney believes:

He will become a "god" in the afterlife and be given his own planet

Satan is Jesus' literal brother

Jesus was not born of a virgin birth

He will be given his own afterlife kingdom where he will have sexual relations with his wife, Ann, to populate his kingdom with spirit children as God the Father Himself has a wife on His own planet.

Author and former Mormon Tricia Erickson

"Mormonism teaches we pre-existed on God the Father's planet as spirit children before we were planted in our mother's wombs," Erickson told WND. "And the reason why we're here according to Mormonism, is so that we can work out our own progression to godhood and our own planets themselves."

The author, who herself was married in a Mormon temple at age 19 but now considers herself a non-denominational Christian, says there's a secret agenda  Mormon officials don't like to talk about publicly.

"A complete takeover of the government," she said. "They have more people in the CIA, the FBI. They have an employment office for Mormons in D.C. to be able to infiltrate them into the government."

"They've been trying since the beginning to get someone in the presidency, because they believe they have to establish their authority so when Jesus comes to Earth, the Mormon Church will take control of the government and the Mormons will be the government of God on Earth," she continued.

Erickson says her main concern is that the leader of the free world have the ability to discern fact from fiction.

"It may be crucial to our survival," she said. "If his beliefs are distorted, which they unequivocally are, why would it not be be critical to our existence to protect our country from being placed in the hands of such a person?"

When asked for specific rituals she considers bizarre, Erickson claims Romney and other Mormons take part in clandestine marriage ceremonies involving "outrageous" customs. Explaining her own Mormon wedding, she says she was forced to completely disrobe against her will.

"It was horrific," she told WND. "There I was standing naked. They brought this bowl of water, and started washing my body down and whispering prayers over my body. They stopped over the right and left breast, the navel and knees and prayed specific prayers."

To help ensure the general public did not learn details of the rituals, she says believers took a symbolic knife to feign their own murder if members spilled the beans of what really goes on behind closed doors.

"They actually had us slashing our guts open and our guts falling to the ground if we told people of the secret dogma of the ceremonies," Erickson said.

"Mitt is not a casual Mormon," she told online interviewer Thom Hartmann, noting Romney has reached the upper echelons of the faith. "There is no way that he will be able to not listen to the [Mormon] prophet. His eternal salvation depends on it. He has to put the church first over country."

When pressed about what some may consider the strange beliefs of other faiths, Erickson said of Romney, "I kind of believe, you know, that he should be completely sane and he should have discernment and good judgment. I mean if the man truly believes he's gonna become a god, would you trust the judgment of somebody like that?"

The Boston Globe reported in 2006 that Romney's political team quietly consulted with leaders of the Mormon Church to map out plans for a nationwide network of Mormon supporters to help Romney capture the presidency in 2008.

Officials with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints told WND they're well aware of Erickson's book, but were reluctant to respond to Erickson's assertions. Spokeswoman Jessica Moody says she encourages everyone to read the church's core beliefs as well as articles of faith posted online.

Regarding the plan of salvation, the LDS church states, "The mortal existence is seen in the context of a great sweep of history, from a pre-Earth life where the spirits of all mankind lived with Heavenly Father to a future life in His presence where continued growth, learning and improving will take place."

At the Values Voters Summit in the nation's capital over the weekend, Romney defended his beliefs, saying, "Almost all Americans live for a purpose greater than ourselves. Our heritage of religious faith and tolerance has importantly shaped who we have become as a people. We must continue to welcome faith into the public square and allow it to flourish. Our government should respect religious values, not silence them. We will always pledge our allegiance to a nation that is under God."

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2011/10/08/bts-romney-values-mormon.cnn

Bushman, meanwhile, says people need to remember that many faiths have doctrines and customs that other people find hard to fathom.

"To my way of thinking the idiosyncrasies of Mormon belief and practice are not the issue; Catholic belief in transubstantiation and Protestant belief in the resurrection [of Jesus] can be made to look silly, too," he told CNN in reaction to Erickson.

"The question is Mitt Romney's independence. Will he pursue the public good as he rationally understands it, or will he bow to the judgment of Church leaders? Does his religion force him to be a puppet? Here we can turn to history for an answer. Temple-attending, believing Mormons have held national office for over a century now. Is there a single instance where they have succumbed to church direction against their own consciences. I do not know of one myself."

Earlier this week, WND posted a non-scientific, interactive poll in which readers were asked to sound off on Mormonism as a factor in the presidential race.

With more than 1,200 participants, the top response with 25 percent of the votes was, "Because it denies divinity of Jesus and salvation by faith alone, it is a cult, and a Mormon candidate should never be elected president."

In second place with 19 percent was, "If anyone doesn't appear to be a true Christian, it's the current occupant of the White House."

Read more: Mormon bishop's daughter spills Romney's 'secrets' ... http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=354721#ixzz1aeyPuhab
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 09:54:27 am »

Interesting how both Katherine Heigle and Merlin Olsen are among celebrity mormons - Heigl(before she became famous recently) played a role in Hallmark's "Love Comes Softly"(and its sequels) which were (supposedly)Christian-themed(at the time when I watched them in 2006, they had the appearance of it), and Olsen played a preacher in an old tv show(I think "Little House on the Prairie").

Not that I feel sorry for mormons, but with all that work they're doing going around the cities with their long pants, white shirt and tie, weariing themselves out for "doing good"...seriously, they are better off doing other abominations like drunkenness among other worldly things b/c quite frankly, the drunken, the fornicator, and the mormon all have the same eternal punishment in the lake of fire.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 07:58:47 am »

Ahhhh, it was only a matter of time before the Pope popped in with their ecumenical stance.  Roll Eyes

Catholic Leader Calls on Perry to Denounce Jeffress Over Anti-Catholic, Mormon Comments

The head of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights is calling for Texas Gov. Rick Perry to cut any and all ties to Dallas pastor Robert Jeffress, over comments Jeffress made last September that are considered to be “anti-Catholic” in nature and for his recent Mormonism is a "cult” comments.

Bill Donohue, the president of the Catholic League, which defends Catholicism, issued a statement Wednesday denouncing the Baptist pastor.

“Where did they find this guy? When theological differences are demonized by the faithful of any religion – never mind by a clergyman – it makes a mockery of their own religion. [The] Rev. Jeffress is a poster boy for hatred, not Christianity,” Donahue stated on the group’s website.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/catholic-leader-calls-on-perry-to-denounce-jeffress-over-anti-catholic-mormon-comments-58076/

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 06:12:27 am »

Ex-Mormon to Christians: Don't Call LDS Church a Cult

uHM, but that is what it is

An evangelical pastor who grew up in a Mormon family and later embraced the biblical Christian faith said traditional Christians should talk “real issues” with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints instead of just calling it a cult.

exposing that it is a cult is a real issue.

“It is very clear there are very significant theological differences between Mormonism and traditional Christianity,” acknowledged Ross Anderson, who was raised in California as an active member of the Mormon faith and is now a teaching pastor at Alpine Church in northern Utah.

That is the marking of a cult.significant theological differences thats how cults start, I believe this not that, cult.

But the word “cult,” as it is commonly understood, does not rightly describe Mormonism, he told Standard Examiner Friday while talking about his new book, Understanding Your Mormon Neighbor.

it describes it to a tee.
The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.[1] The word originally denoted a system of ritual practices. The word was first used in the early 17th century denoting homage paid to a divinity and derived from the French culte or Latin cultus, ‘worship’, from cult-, ‘inhabited, cultivated, worshipped,’ from the verb colere, 'care, cultivation'.

“We are just arguing labels rather than talking about actual issues,” said Anderson, director of Utah Advance Ministries which plants “culturally appropriate” churches in Utah and ministers to former Mormons.

This guy seems to be a plant. If this was over Catholism, id call this guy a Jesuit.

On whether or not Mormons are Christian, Anderson said, “The answer is yes and no, depending upon how you define the word Christian.” He argued that the question applies to an individual and not an institution necessarily.

What? there is no yes and no, you either are or you are not. Mormons do not worship the Jesus of the Bible, they worship ANOTHER Jesus, so no they are not Christians.

Traditional Christians use the word in one sense and Mormons in another, “so we talk past each other,” he said. “Mormons say ‘We live like Christians,’ so they take an ethical view. Traditional Christians say there are theological differences.”

He agreed there are certain beliefs that traditional Christians have that are not shared by Mormons.

again, that is the mark of a cult.

Mormons, for example, do not believe in the Trinity – one God in three Persons. Moreover, they believe there are “divine” books outside of the Bible, including the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.

that shows they are a cult and this guy is a plant or very slow.

Speaking to The Christian Post, the ex-Mormon had earlier stated that instead of telling Mormons what they believe, or should believe, evangelicals should first ask them what they believe. Anderson turned to the evangelical faith after a friend introduced him to literature showing key differences between Mormonism and Christianity.

They need the Gospel and the truth given to them, do not encourage their fanciful beliefs.

Another former Mormon, Beth Johnston of Idaho, had told The Christian Post that trying to win an argument with Mormons was not advisable. “Too many times I see people spend time trying to tear down the Mormon faith, talking about controversial topics like polygamy, blacks and the priesthood, blood atonement, etc.,” she said. “All of these things are important for sure – and may very well lead someone out of the Mormon Church, but will it lead them into a relationship with Christ?”

right... Paul spent over a year arguing over Jesus one time, again do not placate their lies, give them the truth.

Anderson said his new book, published by Zondervan, describes Mormon life and culture to people of faith who are not members of the LDS church and helps evangelical Christians engage Mormonism differently than in the past.

Anderson said his new book, published by Zondervan Hmmm, i think we see the problem now.

He said he was sympathetic to Mormons. “So it’s not an anti-Mormon book at all … Though no longer part of the inner circle, I retain a respect for Mormonism’s values and a certain cultural resonance with its people.”

The book also carries a chapter on issues surrounding Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ex-mormon-to-christians-dont-call-lds-church-a-cult-60610/?

Bet he supports Romney.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 02:02:25 am »

Which 'Jesus' Do You Accept?

Most people accept a particular "Jesus." Unless you are naive enough to think Jesus of Nazareth never existed, you accept him in your mind as either a religious prophet, a good teacher, or perhaps as your personal Savior. Islam teaches that Jesus was a messenger of God but that he was not crucified. That is one example of a particular "Jesus."

There are a number of versions of "Jesus" out there. There is only one correct definition. Compare it to your own life. There is only one correct definition of you. Someone may know another person that shares your same name, but there is only one you. The other person with your name has many different details than you and is a completely different person. The mythical versions of "Jesus" are just that, and they only exist in the minds of those who accept them.

St. Paul wrote, "If someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached..." (2 Corinthians 11:4) There were mythical versions of "Jesus" that started popping up in the early Christian church. One version denied his full humanity; another version denied his full divinity; while yet another version denied his bodily resurrection; and so on. Fake. Mythical. Not the real Person.

A mythical "Jesus" cannot save your soul. No way, no how. You might as well be trusting in the wind to save you. Or in smoke. Or in a cartoon. Real salvation is only given out by the real Jesus. The true Jesus is 100% God and 100% Man.

Gordon Hinckley was the President and prophet of the Mormon church from 1995 to 2008. Hinckley did the world a favor by proclaiming: "There are those outside the church who say Latter-day Saints do not believe in the traditional Christ. No, I don't. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak." (LDS Church News, June 20, 1998) If only Mormon leaders today would follow Hinckley's example and instruct their missionaries to be that open and honest about it.

His organization had previously said the same thing: "It is true that many of the Christian churches worship a different Jesus Christ than is worshipped by the Mormons." (LDS publication, Ensign Magazine, May 1977, p. 26) The "Jesus" of the Mormon organization is a different "Jesus, " just like the "Jesus" of Islam is a different "Jesus."

Bruce McConkie was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Mormon organization from 1972 until his death. He wrote the book entitled, "Mormon Doctrine." In it McConkie stated, "And virtually all the millions of apostate Christendom have abased themselves before the mythical throne of a mythical Christ whom they vainly suppose to be a spirit essence who is incorporeal uncreated, immaterial and three-in-one with the Father and Holy Spirit." (p. 269) Mormon teachers like McConkie view the Christian "Jesus" as mythical, whereas knowledgeable Christians know that the Mormon "Jesus" is the imposter.

So which "Jesus" do you accept? To accept Jesus of Nazareth is to place your faith for salvation in the Son of God Who is equally God along with the Father and the Holy Spirit. If you reject the teaching of the Trinity, you don't have the real Jesus. He never travels alone. Where He goes, so goes the Father and the Holy Spirit. You will connect with all Three or with none. He is One God in Three Persons.

If you accept one of the other versions of "Jesus," you end up with nothing that can save your soul. Just man-made doctrines. Religion cannot wash away your sins. Only the real Jesus can do that as you trust Him to be your Savior. Do you view Jesus as just a good man, or perhaps a wise prophet? Is that all? He never claimed to be only those things. He claimed to be those and much more. He claimed to be God and to be able to forgive sins. That is why they killed Him.

The real Jesus was crucified. He rose again bodily. He ascended into heaven and is coming back one day. Now is the time to meet Him. Now is the time to get in on His offer of grace. When He returns, He won't be coming to offer any more grace to those who have rejected Him. Before you continue to pursue your religion with your version of "Jesus," you should stop and make sure you have the One and Only.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1) "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14) "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known." (John 1:18)

Have you met this Jesus? As St. John told us, He is "God the One and Only."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/which-jesus-do-you-accept-60364/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 06:06:49 pm »

Evangelist Says Satan Cheering Joel Osteen for Mormon Comments

With the likelihood increasing that Mitt Romney will win the Republican nomination to run against President Barack Obama, Bill Keller is beating the Mormon cult drum again.

The Internet evangelist is convinced that Satan is cheering Franklin Graham, Joel Osteen, and Kenn Starr, the former special prosecutor during the Clinton impeachment investigation, for “being too gutless to tell the truth about Mormon cult member Mitt Romney.” This is the same Keller who, in 2007, made national news headlines for proclaiming, “a vote for Romney is a vote for Satan.

“It is sad to see a man of God like Franklin Graham go into the national media and state that he would vote for a cult member like Romney whose beliefs lead the eternal souls of men to hell. Osteen is a gutless coward, nothing more than a motivational speaker, who ignorantly lies to people by saying that a Mormon is a Christian, when Mormon doctrine is 100 percent inconsistent with biblical Christianity,” Keller says. “Starr, well known for his Christian views, made the political case why he could vote for a Mormon without once dealing with the spiritual implications of having a cult member as president."

As Keller sees it, people are free to believe whatever they want. He has no problem with a person of any faith running for office. His issue is that Romney calls himself a Christian. Keller notes that Mormons believe Jesus was created through a sexual union of their god, who was once a man, and Mary. Mormons also believe that Jesus is the brother of Lucifer and once visited the United States. Keller insists that the god and jesus of Mormonism are not the God and Jesus of the Bible. He also points out that the Bible is not the Mormon church’s final authority, but rather the writings of Mormonism founder Joseph Smith.

"Listen, if Mitt Romney wants to wear magical underwear with Satanic markings that he believes protects him and thinks he will die and become the god of his own planet with an endless supply of women to create spirit babies with, that is up to him,” Keller says. “I think it is journalistic malpractice for the media not to at least tell the truth about what Romney and those in his cult believe, while calling anyone with the guts to tell the truth about his cult a bigot.”

Keller is convinced America’s problems are not political, but spiritual and that the answer will never be found in a politician but courageous men and women of God who will help to lead this nation back to God and biblical truth.

“The fact is each person will one day die. According to the Bible, at that moment, the only thing that will matter is whether you have accepted Jesus as your Savior or not,” he concludes. “Since the Tower of Babel in Genesis, Satan has helped create false religions and belief systems to lead the eternal souls of men to hell. Mormonism is such a Satanically inspired belief system, and that is why it is critical for men and women of God to quit worrying about what people will think, but tell the truth about a cult like Mormonism!"

http://www.charismanews.com/us/32630-evangelist-says-satan-cheering-joel-osteen-for-mormon-comments
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 06:14:10 pm »

It's going to be interesting to see how the "evangelical right" will steer - whether they will hold Romney accountable, or will just blindly follow the GOP ticket while rationalizing "but at least Romney believes in A Jesus, unlike the current MUSLIM President we have". 4 years ago, they did their best to spin how John McCain was a conservative born again, but it was at the turn of the century when they were ADAMENT that McCain was not at all.

Worst part of everything is that apparently, people don't learn from their mistakes - there's nothing new under the sun.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 01:29:55 am »

“a vote for Romney is a vote for Satan.

And what part of that is wrong?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 07:41:56 am »

And what part of that is wrong?

I believe Keller, who made this quote, was also the same guy who almost got his 501c3 status stripped b/c of this comment.

Yes, I agree with what he said, but at the same time, anyone under the IRS's authority is under the world's authority. If you decide to yoke up with the world like this, then don't complain if you decide to not play by their rules and ultimately get reprimanded by them.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 10:15:14 am »

Pew Survey: Majority of Mormons Lean Republican; Half Cite Discrimination Against Their Faith

With Mitt Romney's Mormon faith often under the microscope, a new survey to be released Thursday finds that most Mormons feel they are misunderstood, discriminated against and not accepted by Americans as part of mainstream society.

THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S A CULT!!!!!!

rest: http://news.yahoo.com/pew-survey-majority-mormons-lean-republican-half-cite-050156570--abc-news.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:17:30 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:53 am »

Rev. Jeffress Will Vote for a Mormon After All

"I'll hold my nose and vote" for Mitt Romney, says Southern Baptist pastor Robert Jeffress, who made headlines in October for calling the Mormon Church a cult.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2012/02/baptist--jeffress-mitt-romney-mormon-cult/1#.T0Rqdcw5sZI

Roll Eyes wuss
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 09:52:28 am »

"I'll hold my nose and vote" for Mitt Romney, says Southern Baptist pastor Robert Jeffress, who made headlines in October for calling the Mormon Church a cult.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2012/02/baptist--jeffress-mitt-romney-mormon-cult/1#.T0Rqdcw5sZI

Roll Eyes wuss

If I'm not a Christian, I would be pouring out some profanity now. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 09:58:46 am »

If I'm not a Christian, I would be pouring out some profanity now. Undecided

I just speak in stars ****  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 03:02:54 pm »

Doesn't that guy realize that if there isn't a candidate they like, they don't have to vote at all? Instead he compromises his own beliefs and goes with supportng a demon and an antichrist. Hmm, typical of churchianity.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 03:55:47 pm »

Doesn't that guy realize that if there isn't a candidate they like, they don't have to vote at all? Instead he compromises his own beliefs and goes with supportng a demon and an antichrist. Hmm, typical of churchianity.

I wonder how this guy will react when THE antichrist shows up. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 10:51:48 pm »

Roll Eyes wuss

RED FLAG!! RED FLAG!!

Jeffress is the pastor of First Baptist in Dallas, which also happens to be a member church of EMERGENT LEADER/WCA's BILL HYBELS!

FBC Dallas - Jeffress
http://www.firstdallas.org/about-us/our-pastor/

WCA Membership
http://www.willowcreek.com/membership/SearchResult.asp?Adv=&Name=&city=&state=TX&country=&Adul_ST_Freq=&Adul_SS_Freq=&Adul_WS_Freq=&Adul_SSG_Size=&Adul_SG_Size=&Stud_ST_Freq=&Stud_SS_Freq=&Stud_SSG_Size=&Stud_SG_Size=&denom=&facility=&location=&easter=&SortBy=City&Sort=Asc

Willow Creek Association - Bill Hybels, Formula Driven Man Centered Church
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=3292
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 10:46:53 pm »

Recently the Vatican is trying to claim they're the ones that put out the KJV, and now you have this...so what's next? Really, don't see how anyone can see something like this "being stolen" Huh

http://news.yahoo.com/rare-copy-book-mormon-reported-stolen-arizona-store-002417154.html

6/1/12

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Police searched on Friday for clues to the suspected theft of a rare, first-edition copy of the Book of Mormon, valued at $100,000, that was reported stolen from a suburban Phoenix bookstore over the Memorial Day weekend.

The authorities said they were in the early stages of an investigation into the disappearance of the 1830 leather-bound volume, which its owner said has became a must-see artifact for young Mormons worldwide before embarking on church missions.

"At this time we have no specific information of the whereabouts of the book," said Detective Steve Berry, a Mesa, Arizona police spokesman. "I don't think it's a big secret the book was there. But I don't think everyone knows how valuable it is."

The Book of Mormon is a foundational, holy text of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The 588-page book missing since Monday is one of only 5,000 copies ever printed, said its owner, bookstore owner and proprietor Helen Schlie.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 05:35:16 am »

Seen this story on the local news. That store is not far from my house, 10 minute drive. We live down the main road through Mesa, and that temple is basically next door, sort of, as it sits on a big lot with all kinds of landscaping. I had not heard she was selling leafs out of it. But that book is a mess! You ought to see the outside cover. It looks like it's been thorugh a sandpaper washing machine. Worth 100k? I doubt it. Knowing Mormons, it's typical they'd "embellish" the truth. She likely is valuing it based on selling the individual pages out of it.

But apparently it's not THAT valuable, or why else would you sepearate a book? To make more money than the whole! Each time you take away pages, it reduces the books value.

Sorry, I saw this lady on the news, and now this selling pages from it when it was stolen, nah, it wasn't stolen. I don't believe it. And if it was, I suspect a Mormon did it to "save" the book from bieng disassembled and sold off like trinckets.

Mormons!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:22 pm »

The Evangelical Silence On Mitt Romney’s Mormonism

Now that Mitt Romney has sewn up the Republican nomination, the GOP can move beyond a tumultuous primary season. But for some of Romney's fellow Mormons, there's still some anxiety in the air.

Show Caption Details

“For Mormons, this is a potentially volatile moment. They are deeply proud that their faith’s most prominent adherent, Mitt Romney, is steps away from a presidential nomination and could push the faith further into the mainstream,” Matt Viser wrote in The Boston Globe.

“With these feelings, though, comes a nagging fear that their beliefs, often misunderstood, will again be subjected to scrutiny, even ridicule, on a national scale.”

If the past is any indicator, their fears may be founded. In 1998, the Southern Baptist Convention held its annual meeting in Salt Lake City, the symbolic and organizational heartland of Mormonism. Some 3,000 Southern Baptist volunteers went door to door with the intent to evangelize Mormons; and the denomination even produced a book called "Mormonism Unmasked," which promised to “lift the veil from one of the greatest deceptions in the history of religion.”

When Romney delivered his “Faith in America” speech in 2007, the Southern Baptist response was to label Mormonism a “theological cult” and “false religion.”

What's surprising in 2012 is the relative lack of anxiety on the other side, among evangelicals who for years considered Mormonism a "cult" that was to be feared, not embraced.

In fact, the relative ambivalence among prominent evangelicals about this new "Mormon moment" -- and the fact that Romney's campaign could mainstream Mormonism right into the Oval Office – could radically shift the dynamics on America's political and religious landscape.

“You can already see the change in thinking among many evangelicals who see Mitt Romney more as the Republican candidate for president and less as a Mormon,” said Leith Anderson, president of the National Association of Evangelicals, who declined, when asked, to label Mormonism a “cult.”

Joanna Brooks, a prominent Mormon writer at Religion Dispatches, agreed with Anderson, noting the already visible difference between the level of evangelical anxiety created by the Romney campaign in 2008 and 2012.

“Since his inevitability as a candidate this spring, you’ve seen evangelical leaders who took pleasure in calling Mormonism a cult come to his side,” Brooks said. “Things are changing.”

Brooks doesn’t believe that a Romney candidacy will eliminate the serious theological distinctions between evangelicals and Mormons, but she does expect we’ll see fewer Christians willing to label Mormonism as a “cult” as the mainstream media and many Americans now interpret the use of the phrase as an expression of bigotry.

Last October, Christian columnist Rod Dreher wrote in The American Conservative that it's "offensive" to him when Christians speak of Mormonism as a cult. His words echo the sentiments of Richard Mouw, prominent evangelical scholar and president of Fuller Theological Seminary, who penned “My Take: This evangelical says Mormonism isn’t a cult” on CNN's Belief blog.

“While I am not prepared to reclassify Mormonism as possessing undeniably Christian theology,” Mouw wrote, “I do accept many of my Mormon friends as genuine followers of the Jesus whom I worship as the divine Savior.”

Even Liberty University Chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr. seems to have softened his family's hard-line stance as Liberty welcomed Romney as its commencement speaker in May. "Liberty has no official position on Mormonism,” Falwell told CNN’s Kyra Phillips. “Our statement does not define Mormonism as a cult. ... That’s not part of our doctrinal position and not our official position.”

Robert Jones, president of the Washington-based Public Religion Research Institute, sees parallels to the warming thaw between evangelicals and Catholics in the 1980s and 1990s -- a pragmatic political alliance that grew out of shared opposition to abortion.

“It was really political affinities that began to break down that wall between Catholics and evangelicals,” Jones said.

More recently, evangelicals have been more than willing to work with Mormons in the fight against gay marriage. The growing Mormon-evangelical political alliance could have real religious (and political) implications: Recent PRRI polls of white evangelicals show that as the group’s awareness of Romney’s Mormon faith increases, his favorability among the group also rises.

In short, what was once a liability might now be seen as a political asset – especially in the GOP's crucial base of conservative Christian culture warriors.

Still, not all evangelicals seem to be softening their stance.  Southern Baptist researcher Ed Stetzer defines Mormonism as a “theological cult,” not the classic “sociological cult.” His research shows that a full 75 percent of Protestant pastors believe that Mormonism is either a cult or simply a different religion.

Stetzer says he'd be concerned if the significant theological distinctions between Mormons and mainstream Christianity are blurred or overlooked in the name of political expediency.

“I think it is more helpful to call Mormons another religion, distinct from biblical or historic Christianity, as just about everyone from Catholics to Methodists to Baptists have clearly stated,” Stetzer notes. “It's a different religion that uses the same words to describe very different things.”

In the 2012 presidential race, "very different" doesn't seem to matter very much at all. And that – regardless of whether Romney wins in November – may be the most important legacy of America's Mormon moment.

http://www.religionnews.com/politics/election/analysis-the-unexpected-evangelical-silence-on-mitt-romneys-mormonism
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 09:30:23 pm »

^^

Add Chris Pinto to the list as well - every now and then on his NOT radio show, he will blurb how having Romney/Republicans in the oval office will keep this country economically prosperous and Christians safe, just b/c they happen to be Republicans. Sad

Overall, the lack of discernment from Churchianity is truely alarming - their fear of man(in this case Obama) is really showing. First they run to Glenn Beck these last 3+ years, then they feel they have to soften their stance and compromise even if it means to get Obama out...yeah, those *new* bible versions they use have bourne their rotten fruit over the long haul.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 08:32:09 am »

Are Mormons Christians?

The New York Times published a curious opinion piece by a devout Mormon who insists that he is not a “Christian.”

I’m about as genuine a Mormon as you’ll find — a templegoer with a Utah pedigree and an administrative position in a congregation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am also emphatically not a Christian.

He equivocates on what he means by “Christian.” Sometimes he seems to refer to a set of historical and theological beliefs (he agrees with Richard Land that Mormonism is “a fourth Abrahamic religion, along with Judaism, Christianity and Islam”); other times to a culture of power and acceptance and behavior (“Being a Christian so often involves such boorish and meanspirited behavior that I marvel that any of my Mormon colleagues are so eager to join the fold”), and he also uses it in verbal form positively (“Mormons are certainly Christian enough to know how to spitefully abuse their power”).

One might think that a Mormon offering a strong defense of dissimilarity from historic Christianity would insist that theology matters. But that’s the opposite of this writer’s approach.

For the curious, the dispute can be reduced to Jesus. Mormons assert that because they believe Jesus is divine, they are Christians by default. Christians respond that because Mormons don’t believe — in accordance with the Nicene Creed promulgated in the fourth century — that Jesus is also the Father and the Holy Spirit, the Jesus that Mormons have in mind is someone else altogether. The Mormon reaction is incredulity. The Christian retort is exasperation. Rinse and repeat.

I am confident that I am not the only person — Mormon or Christian — who has had enough of the acrimonious niggling from both sides over the nature of the trinity, the authority of the creeds, the significance of grace and works, the union of Christ’s divinity and humanity, and the real color of God’s underwear.

Regarding the statement I’ve italicized: I understand that (1) this is an opinion piece, (2) that most Mormons don’t understand the Trinity, and (3) that many evangelicals—to use Robert Letham’s indictment—are “functional modalists”—but one would still think that the Paper of Record would flag a historical error this significant. The pro-Nicene theology emerging from the fourth century most certainly did not say that Jesus is the Father and the Spirit. That is a heretical belief.

For those who would be helped by a review of some of the key differences between Mormonism (or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and historic Christianity, I once constructed a Q&A format from the ESV Study Bible article on religious cults and sects (article available online to subscribers). It’s an attempt to be concise and accurate without being overly simplistic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do Mormons believe about apostasy and restoration?

Mormons claim that “total” apostasy overcame the church following apostolic times, and that the Mormon Church (founded in 1830) is the “restored church.”

What’s the problem with this understanding?

If the Mormon Church were truly a “restored church,” one would expect to find first-century historical evidence for Mormon doctrines like the plurality of gods and God the Father having once been a man. Such evidence is completely lacking. Besides, the Bible disallows a total apostasy of the church (e.g., Matt. 16:18; 28:20; Eph. 3:21; 4:11-16), warning instead of partial apostasy (1 Tim. 4:1).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do Mormons believe about God?

Mormons claim that God the Father was once a man and that he then progressed to godhood (that is, he is a now-exalted, immortal man with a flesh-and-bone body).

What does the Bible teach about the nature of God?

Based on the Bible, God is not and has never been a man (Num. 23:19; Hos. 11:9). He is a spirit (John 4:24), and a spirit does not have flesh and bones (Luke 24:39). Furthermore, God is eternal (Ps. 90:2; 102:27; Isa. 57:15; 1 Tim. 1:17) and immutable (or unchangeable in his being and perfections; see Ps. 102:25-27; Mal. 3:6). He did not “progress” toward godhood, but has always been God.

What do Mormons believe about the Trinity and polytheism?

Mormons believe that the Trinity consists not of three persons in one God but rather of three distinct gods. According to Mormonism, there are potentially many thousands of gods besides these.

What does the Bible teach about the Triune God?

Trusting in or worshiping more than one god is explicitly condemned throughout the Bible (e.g., Ex. 20:3). There is only one true God (Deut. 4:35, 39; 6:4; Isa. 43:10; 44:6, 8; 45:18; 46:9; 1 Cor. 8:4; James 2:19), who exists eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14).

What do Mormons believe about human exaltation?

Mormons believe that humans, like God the Father, can go through a process of exaltation to godhood.

What does the Bible teach about humanity?

The Bible teaches that the yearning to be godlike led to the fall of mankind (Gen. 3:4ff.). God does not look kindly on humans who pretend to attain to deity (Acts 12:21-23; contrast Acts 14:11-15). God desires humans to humbly recognize that they are his creatures (Gen. 2:7; 5:2; Ps. 95:6-7; 100:3). The state of the redeemed in eternity will be one of glorious immortality, but they will forever remain God’s creatures, adopted as his children (Rom. 8:14-30; 1 Cor. 15:42-57; Rev. 21:3-7). Believers will never become gods.

What do Mormons believe about Jesus?

Mormons believe that Jesus Christ was the firstborn spirit-child of the heavenly Father and a heavenly Mother. Jesus then progressed to deity in the spirit world. He was later physically conceived in Mary’s womb, as the literal “only begotten” Son of God the Father in the flesh (though many present-day Mormons remain somewhat vague as to how this occurred).

What does the Bible teach about Jesus?

Biblically, the description of Jesus as the “only begotten” refers to his being the Father’s unique, one-of-a-kind Son for all eternity, with the same divine nature as the Father (see note on John 1:14; cf. John 1:18; 3:16, 18; see also John 5:18; 10:30). Moreover, he is eternal deity (John 1:1; 8:58) and is immutable (Heb. 1:10-12; 13:Cool, meaning he did not progress to deity but has always been God. And Mary’s conception of Jesus in his humanity was through a miracle of the Holy Spirit (Matt. 1:20).

What do Mormons believe about our eternal destiny?

Mormons believe that most people will end up in one of three kingdoms of glory, depending on one’s level of faithfulness. Belief in Christ, or even in God, is not necessary to obtain immortality in one of these three kingdoms, and therefore only the most spiritually perverse will go to hell.

What does the Bible teach about our eternal destiny ?

The Bible teaches that people have just two possibilities for their eternal futures: the saved will enjoy eternal life with God in the new heavens and new earth (Phil. 3:20; Rev. 21:1-4; 22:1-5), while the unsaved will spend eternity in hell (Matt. 25:41, 46; Rev. 20:13-15).

What do Mormons believe about sin and atonement?

Mormons believe that Adam’s transgression was a noble act that made it possible for humans to become mortal, a necessary step on the path to exaltation to godhood. They think that Christ’s atonement secures immortality for virtually all people, whether they repent and believe or not.

What does the Bible teach about sin and atonement?

Biblically, there was nothing noble about Adam’s sin, which was not a stepping-stone to godhood but rather brought nothing but sin, misery, and death to mankind (Gen. 3:16-19; Rom. 5:12-14). Jesus atoned for the sins of all who would trust him for salvation (Isa. 53:6; John 1:29; 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 2:24; 3:18; 1 John 2:2; 4:10).

What do Mormons believe about salvation?

Mormons believe that God gives to (virtually) everyone a general salvation to immortal life in one of the heavenly kingdoms, which is how they understand salvation by grace. Belief in Christ is necessary only to obtain passage to the highest, celestial kingdom—for which not only faith but participation in Mormon temple rituals and obedience to its “laws of the gospel” are also prerequisites.

What does the Bible teach about salvation?

Biblically, salvation by grace must be received through faith in Christ (John 3:15-16; 11:25; 12:46; Acts 16:31; Rom. 3:22-24; Eph. 2:8-9), and all true believers are promised eternal life in God’s presence (Matt. 5:3-8; John 14:1-3; Rev. 21:3-7).

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2012/06/13/are-mormons-christians-2/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 08:51:57 am »

^^

Despite using the false ESV bible version, who would have thought the very secular NYT actually got something right for a change! Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 02:09:01 pm »

He equivocates on what he means by “Christian.” Sometimes he seems to refer to a set of historical and theological beliefs (he agrees with Richard Land that Mormonism is “a fourth Abrahamic religion, along with Judaism, Christianity and Islam”);

But only one of them is correct...

"...And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: