End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:34:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Need your prayers on this issue...

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need your prayers on this issue...  (Read 1534 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2011, 09:42:02 pm »

OK, sorry to bring this up again, but I am really hurting inside with this issue, why? B/c not only I was sitting on this for 2 years(it was 2 years ago when we visited this church for its Chinese New Year's festivities), but apparently this whole thing with the pastor in China, and my mom communicating with him for about a year or so via email to try to set up a church for one of our Chinese friends there, etc has been going on for a year.

What am I trying to get at? It was in the Fall of last year(2010) when I took a Statistics class at the local university - no, I wasn't neglecting my bible reading daily, HOWEVER, I was so obsessed with making an A in this course, that it just steered my attention AWAY from discerning over what was really going on. Darnit! Darnit! Angry Angry I already have a degree in Math/CIS, and a CPA license to boot, but en yet I was geared toward my OWN LUST AND COVETOUSNESS of getting a stupid A?! I mean it wasn't like this grade mattered - a mere C would have prepared me just fine for the Statistics exam I took recently. And what difference would it have made whether or not I understood these concepts, which aren't even biblical to begin with? Ultimately, I was serving ANOTHER master.(Darnit again! Scripture says if you serve 2 masters, you will ultimately hate our Lord, and our Lord is not a respecter of persons, and scripture NEVER lies! Sad )

Either way, I really don't know if I would have had an opportunity to explain all this to her last year, but again, it was a GOLDEN opportunity.

Anyhow, I digged more research into this pastor - he resigned from that church in Summer 2010 to go off to China. From what I understand, he got involved in the church planting/pastor mentoring/pastoral leadership program - this is one of the big agendas that the Purpose Driven/Emergent movement is in(ie-they would invite Christ-haters like former Clinton prosecutor Kenneth Starr and your typical CEO of corporations to speak at their leadership conferences). So yeah, my big concern is that if he gets a church started for our Chinese friend there, it would be under the authority of Warren's Purpose Driven network, meaning Warren has COMPLETE authority over what they do(ie-what staff members they should hire, what worship music they should do, what bible versions they should put in their pews, etc).

But I guess if there's any good news out of all this, he's been there for a little over a year, and they're not quite at square 1 yet. As for Rick Warren himself, my mom doesn't follow his works or anything(so I guess that's good), however, she gets offended when I point out his heresies b/c supposedly he gives 90% tithe, and her reaction is like, "How dare you criticize someone who shows alot of faith giving most of his money away!".

I mean this is why I'm really hurting, b/c of the regret that I was putting my focus on something carnal at this time last year. Has anyone else had this experience? At least I was able to say something a month ago, but nonetheless she wouldn't listen(like said above, she thought I was wrongly criticizing this pastor, although I had to stress to her that red flags immediately came up when I walked in that church).

BTW - the new pastor of that church is a young guy, who's only experience in the church is a small groups leader at New Life Church(which was TED HAGGARD'S former church...Surprise, surprise!). Not that I endorse seminaries, but at the bare minimum, you would think a pastor of one of these churches would at least have a seminary degree, and not some gopher-boy job at some apostate church? He also uses the NEW King James version.

Edit: Sorry about that, this new pastor DOES have a seminary degree(Denver seminary) - nonetheless, his previous resume is NOT GOOD at all!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:47:09 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: