End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 03:46:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A Lamp In the Dark: The Untold History of the Bible

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Lamp In the Dark: The Untold History of the Bible  (Read 2881 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2011, 01:10:10 am »

An Adullam Films Production Written and Directed by Christian J. Pinto. Running Time: 3 Hours - Enter into a world of saints and martyrs battling against spies, assassins and wolves in sheep's clothing - Unfolds the fascinating "untold" history of the Bible - Reveals critical information often overlooked in modern histories - Filled with rich visual graphics and dramatic re-enactments of key historic events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndb0z0jGQk0&feature=related

http://www.adullamfilms.com/index.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:04:49 am »

Saw this last year - very, very good.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 07:11:20 am »

'Tares Among the Wheat'will likely challenge what most scholars believe about Bible history,and the origins of the current wave of new translations that have flooded churches around the world.
Enter a mysterious world of ancient manuscripts,assailed by forgeries,fakes,and theological intrigue of the highest order.

In the 19th century,a revolution in biblical scholarship was prompted by the publication of a never-before-seen manuscript called Codex Sinaiticus.The work was allegedly discovered by a German scholar named Constantine von Tischendorf,who declared this to be the oldest Bible ever found.Tischendorf said he found the work in a rubbish basket at a Greek Orthodox monastery in Egypt.While many in the academic world did not fully believe his story,they were willing to accept his claims about the antiquity of the codex.

Yet shortly after his discovery was published,a renowned Greek paleographer named Constantine Simonides came forward and declared that the manuscript was no ancient text at all,but had been created by him in 1840.The controversy surrounding these events is,perhaps,the most incredible untold chapter in Bible history.It involves Jesuits,the Pope,a high-minded German,a committee of Anglo Romanists,and a mysterious Greek patriot.It is a story that (while quite true and well documented) a vast majority of modern academics know nothing about.Yet the subject matter dramatically impacts the world of biblical scholarship,even to this present hour.Most of what todays scholars believe about manuscript evidence is based on the events of this era,and the footnotes in your Bible are the proof of it.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:21:40 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 08:38:18 am »

It's free online now? Kewl...

Saved
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:00:11 am »

PT 2 doesnt work right, when i find a new one ill replace it.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 08:10:36 pm »

Yeah, for some reason Part 3 comes up as a THREE SECOND video when I tried to pull it up on youtube...weird...

Just viewed it, very, very good and eye-popping. Didn't know the roles of Tichendorf(sp) nor Simonidies(sp, the guy with the mustache) in all of this, and how Simonidies came out of nowhere to expose these heresies for a few years, and was a big thorn on their sides.

You have this German "scholar"(Tichendorf) that played a big role in helping getting these false versions off the ground, then Germany played big roles as the evil forces in 2 World Wars. The current German President happens to be Hitler's biological daughter. The current Pope, supposedly said could be the last one, is from Germany.

I don't know, but it seems like Germany is playing a big role as the end times is drawing nearer. No, I'm not trying to imply they're Mystery Babylon.

So Chris is having another part to this series(?Back to Babylon? I think it's the title)?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:16:53 am »

The current German President happens to be Hitler's biological daughter.

Merkel? Has that been proven? I've read rumor, but nothing verified.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 12:09:19 am »

This totally convinces me. It makes sense that Rome never fell. I had no idea that people died to get scripture into our hands. Now I know what’s hidden in the Vatican and why. I’m a bit surprised that this agenda is active today. It explains the sudden boom in bible versions. The whole point is to undermine faith.

Christian40 and Mark, thanks for posting this. It fills a huge gap in my personal knowledge of church history and bible version history.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 04:29:43 am »

I had no idea that people died to get scripture into our hands.

Kind of a strange thing to say, being a believer. What do think happend to the apostles? They weren't murdered in a home invasion gone bad! They were murdered for the sake of, and the preserving of the Word. Scripture clearly talks about what many believers went through and paid with their lives for the gospel.

As for the "sudden boom" in bibles, not really once you look into the history. Fake bibles have been booming ever since man could put words into print about Jesus. The fakery started not long after His accension to heaven. The Gnostics and future Catholics were the main fakes to start, and they have been going full steam ahead ever since.

If ever there was a period that would be called a boom, I'd say that would be between 1500-1800. There were a TON of bibles made during that time, and I think the advent of moveable type (Gutenberg) printing fueled it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 05:27:57 am »

This totally convinces me. It makes sense that Rome never fell. I had no idea that people died to get scripture into our hands. Now I know what’s hidden in the Vatican and why. I’m a bit surprised that this agenda is active today. It explains the sudden boom in bible versions. The whole point is to undermine faith.

Christian40 and Mark, thanks for posting this. It fills a huge gap in my personal knowledge of church history and bible version history.

a lot of people do not know the true history and the part that Rome played in it and still does to this day. Their biggest enemy is the Bible and specifically the KJV, that is why they have fought so hard over the long years to get rid of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 08:17:07 am »

a lot of people do not know the true history and the part that Rome played in it and still does to this day. Their biggest enemy is the Bible and specifically the KJV, that is why they have fought so hard over the long years to get rid of it.

Which is why Preterism, the RCC's little baby deception, is very dangerous - if anyone truely believes that Revelation and Daniel were already fulfilled either in 70 AD(or in the late 17th century, for that matter), then this pretty much will take your eyes off of Rome and everything they've doing to war against the word of God up until our present day.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 10:45:53 am »

Kind of a strange thing to say, being a believer.

When I was growing up, I had friends that were catholic. Didn’t think much of it. Sometimes they mentioned classes or schools that they had to go to but it was understood that they were just obeying their parents. Mostly we just played with our GI Joes and rode bikes.

As I got older, the only impression that I had of the RCC was from television and movies. In my late teens, I found that the RCC was at least willing to discuss “taboo” subjects such as witchcraft and paganism. Whereas my home Baptist church just summarily told me I was going to hell for even wondering about these subjects. I was having illegal thoughts.

Fast forward to a time when I was filled with a deep hunger to KNOW God. Figured if He was real, and not just a fairy tale, I should be able to interact with Him and KNOW, without a doubt, that I was doing so. Not just hoping that somehow a distant God might hear my prayers. At that time, my best friend was, again, catholic. He seemed to have some stability, blessings, contentment, and happiness in his life that I didn’t have. This again led me to talk to the RCC. The RCC seemed helpful by having someone available more than 1-2 hours per week to talk to. They gave me some free catholic versions of the Bible and were willing to sit with me as long as needed to address all of my questions. They seemed to have all the answers. Then they tipped their hand.

I started receiving phone calls asking if I would like to attend an RCIA class free of charge. It would run for nearly a year followed by some ceremony inducting me into the RCC. The problem was that the calls became a bit insistent and pushy. Suddenly, there were time constrictions and deadlines. I never liked hard sell tactics. But I must say that the temptation was there since the catholics I knew seemed to have better lives than mine. I still hadn’t really read the Bible for myself at that point, ignoring everything I’d heard ABOUT scripture. And, frankly, neither had my catholic friends.

That’s about the time that God showed up in my life personally. He had a different plan for me other than the RCC path. The experience turned my life upside-down and was intense enough to be both frightening and wonderful at the same time. It was not a comfortable process to have the potter work the clay. But it was what I asked Him to do.

Now I find myself looking back and filling the gaps of just what the RCC is. All the protestants I’ve spoken to have never brought up church or bible history. They tend to want me to just sit down, shut up, and believe what they say just because they said so. I still run into churches that say if you tithe, dress well, don’t drink or smoke, attend church religiously, and don’t use foul language, then you’re golden. It never goes deeper than that.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 11:11:46 am »

All the protestants I’ve spoken to have never brought up church or bible history. They tend to want me to just sit down, shut up, and believe what they say just because they said so. I still run into churches that say if you tithe, dress well, don’t drink or smoke, attend church religiously, and don’t use foul language, then you’re golden. It never goes deeper than that.

welcome to churchianity

Rev 3:13  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev 3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 11:31:24 am »

Now I find myself looking back and filling the gaps of just what the RCC is. All the protestants I’ve spoken to have never brought up church or bible history. They tend to want me to just sit down, shut up, and believe what they say just because they said so. I still run into churches that say if you tithe, dress well, don’t drink or smoke, attend church religiously, and don’t use foul language, then you’re golden. It never goes deeper than that.

Welcome to my life. Smiley

I too get similar comments/reactions - they say how I "worry too much", how "worrying is a sin", how I'm "hateful", etc(in response to warning them about false teachers, the RCC, witchcraft, etc), but nonetheless it's the same witchcraft, false teachers, the Pope, etc that the modern-day church is EMBRACING.(ie-when a couple of friends were watching a blasphemous Rob Bell video, I tried to warned them, but they just laughed it off saying sarcastically "Yeah, I know he's a Catholic!")

And yes, hardly anyone on my end even wants to talk about bible history - they'll even say you're hateful if you talk about how the RCC persecuted Christians during the Dark Ages. And for that matter too, we somehowshouldn't "judge" people like Rick Warren and Bill Hybels, both of whose dangerous teachings have infiltrated the modern-day church.

*sigh* So I guess if a burglar breaks in our homes while we're watching tv upstairs, then we should just sit back and do nothing, while the robbers steal everything in our homes? Otherwise if we even merely call the police, we would be "hateful" to these burglars, and are "worrying too much"?

1Tim 5:8  But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

John 10:7  Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:8  All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Joh 10:9  I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Joh 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 12:03:37 pm »

Thanks for the insight tennis.

What you describe is all too common. It's mentioned right in scripture that it is so...

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." Hosea 4:6 (KJB)

People are not being given freely what they claim God has given them. But in reality, most of those people don't really have the Spirit in them to give the truth, so they are running around making things up to suit the group they follow and are led by.

All we need to do is look to Jesus, right? And what, or rather who, is Jesus? The Word of God, and by His promise, we are saved and filled with His Spirit, the Holy Ghost, and THEN is when the learning really begins! It's like a flood of truth and awareness that just can't be denied. instantly, the new believer starts seeing things totally different that before, and things really start falling into place and making sense. It is then that we are able to discern what manner of spirit a person really is. As our Lord says, "Ye shall know them by their fruits". But without the Spirit, we don't know the difference between trees, much less fruit!

Ultimately, we must look to Jesus, and let the Spirit teach us in His Word. That is ALL we need...

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." 1 John 2:27 (KJB)

"Feed my sheep"
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 12:50:50 pm »

welcome to churchianity

Welcome to my life. 

The daughters have learned well the ways of the mother of harlots. Listen to MAN! Don’t seek God on your own. Don’t read scripture and decide for yourself. Listen to OUR teachings when we cherry-pick scripture to back up what we say. We’re the experts! We’ve been trained! You don’t have a little piece of paper that says so! We do! YOU are the LAITY!!!

I watched a guy show up out of nowhere at the protestant church I had been attending and move into a position as adult Sunday school teacher because he has “papers”. The sessions are scripted according to a study guide which I also saw “appear” after the church board made a purchase. Prior to that, it was more of a free and open forum to share testimonies or discuss current events wrt scripture. I started to hear “We ought to….” more and more. He was subtly moving towards a works doctrine. I took this as a challenge and kept going in order to share my testimony and to counter any “spin” that was happening at the meeting for the sake of other people in the room. I eventually moved to the back row out of protest.

The leader’s little barbs about "hiding" in the back row increased along with mindless agreement and nodding of heads. Nobody ever challenged his statements or scripted conclusions in the study guide. There was no critical thought occurring in the audience unless I said something. Over time, I feel like my purpose for being there has become less relevant to them. They like things the way they are. There is very little talk these days comparing prophecy to what is currently happening in the world and the influence this has on people’s lives. That is what I found most stimulating and insightful in the past.

I quit going there a few weeks ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 03:42:13 pm »

They like things the way they are. There is very little talk these days comparing prophecy to what is currently happening in the world and the influence this has on people’s lives. That is what I found most stimulating and insightful in the past.

Well, just wait until 2013 - this is the year when taxes are potentially going to really go up, and funding Obamacare will be thrown in. This is when the pews are going to find out that they're finally not going to get decent tax refunds anymore from all of the tithes/offerings they've given.(ie-Congress is mulling closing some of the Sch A benefits by limiting mortgage int deductions more) Then if this happens, the churches's budgets will go south, and the modern-day "church" will be in chaos like we've never seen before, which could potentially shipwreck some faiths. Could more and more pastors just completely throw out their bibles to tickle more ears to get more offerings? Could we finally see government bailouts of churches?

Yeah, the love of money is the root of all evil, guess it should come as no surprise why they're in the poor and asleep spiritual state they are.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 04:01:57 am »

12   And when ye come into an house, salute it. 
13   And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 
14   And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. 
15   Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Matthew 10:12-15 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 10:17:47 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 04:32:36 am »

Awesome vid, really details the deception of the modern versions and how they came about

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: