End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 01:01:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Television makes you insane

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Television makes you insane  (Read 3182 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:32:48 am »

I hate television, it should not be allowed to exist. People are effected by television and do not even realise it. I Hate TV:

By Chris Constantine

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:40 am »

Hey Lisa, don't mean to call you out here, but have you ever come into contact with this guy? I've seen a couple of his other youtubes which have been pretty good.

Anyhow, the things about television is that it's become MUCH worse than it was over 20 years ago. Back then when I watched sports games, it was PLAIN-JANE to say the least. No hypnotizing images flashing across the screen, pretty much just what you saw, what you got. And to boot not many people had cable back then(including myself), which meant no ESPN watching where they would debate and discuss nonsense 24/7. So pretty much after the game, no Monday morning QB debates over this and that and you got back to your life for a week. Now? We have HDTV, digital tv being mandantory, silent sounds in the tv, hypnotizing images flashing across the screen during the games constantly to make you dizzy, and to boot EVERYONE has 24/7 cable now with all of these nonsense shows to debate about. As a result, debates over nonsense would last an entire week.

A very good youtube presentation overall - and remember how we were brainwashed for many years how our military was "protecting our freedoms" and how when our soldiers kill the enemy during times of war, they were being heros et al. "Thou shalt not kill"...never thought of it that way the guy in the youtube was talking about.
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 02:32:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 01:00:45 am »

Why i'm scared to turn this thing on

"I just bought a new TV. The old one had a good run, but after the volume got stuck on 63, I decided it was time to replace it. I am now the owner of a new “smart” TV, which promises to deliver streaming multimedia content, games, apps, social media and Internet browsing. Oh, and TV too.

The only problem is that I’m now afraid to use it. You would be too — if you read through the 46-page privacy policy.

The amount of data this thing collects is staggering. It logs where, when, how and for how long you use the TV. It sets tracking cookies and beacons designed to detect “when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message.” It records “the apps you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content.” It ignores “do-not-track” requests as a considered matter of policy.

It also has a built-in camera — with facial recognition. The purpose is to provide “gesture control” for the TV and enable you to log in to a personalized account using your face. On the upside, the images are saved on the TV instead of uploaded to a corporate server. On the downside, the Internet connection makes the whole TV vulnerable to hackers who have demonstrated the ability to take complete control of the machine.

More troubling is the microphone. The TV boasts a “voice recognition” feature that allows viewers to control the screen with voice commands. But the service comes with a rather ominous warning: “Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party.” Got that? Don’t say personal or sensitive stuff in front of the TV.

You may not be watching, but the telescreen is listening.

I do not doubt that this data is important to providing customized content and convenience, but it is also incredibly personal, constitutionally protected information that should not be for sale to advertisers and should require a warrant for law enforcement to access.

Unfortunately, current law affords little privacy protection to so-called “third party records,” including email, telephone records, and data stored in “the cloud.” Much of the data captured and transmitted by my new TV would likely fall into this category. Although one federal court of appeals has found this rule unconstitutional with respect to email, the principle remains a bedrock of modern electronic surveillance.

According to retired Gen. David Petraeus, former head of the CIA, Internet-enabled “smart” devices can be exploited to reveal a wealth of personal data. “Items of interest will be located, identified, monitored, and remotely controlled through technologies such as radio-frequency identification, sensor networks, tiny embedded servers, and energy harvester,” he reportedly told a venture capital firm in 2012. “We’ll spy on you through your dishwasher,” read one headline. Indeed, as the “Internet of Things” matures, household appliances and physical objects will become more networked. Your ceiling lights, thermostat and washing machine — even your socks — may be wired to interact online. The FBI will not have to bug your living room; you will do it yourself.

Of course, there is always the “dumb” option. Users may have the ability to disable data collection, but it comes at a cost. The device will not function properly or allow the use of its high-tech features. This leaves consumers with an unacceptable choice between keeping up with technology and retaining their personal privacy.

We should not have to channel surf worried that the TV is recording our behavior for the benefit of advertisers and police. Companies need to become more mindful of consumer privacy when deciding whether to collect personal data. And law enforcement should most certainly be required to get a warrant before accessing it.

In the meantime, I’ll be in the market for a new tinfoil hat and cone of silence."

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/30/im_terrified_of_my_new_tv_why_im_scared_to_turn_this_thing_on_and_youd_be_too/
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 11:34:14 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 03:31:14 am »

Thanks BA2 i watched that they do the same thing in Australia here with the circles/half circles on the news on the tv and yes when they do it with a split second the viewer is nearly missing it. The claim that it puts one in a trance i'm not sure about, we as Christians know God is going to protect us from that manipulation. When they say "trance" to me it means a person loses the ability to think for themselves. No i dont watch much tv but if i do i dont think they are "powerful" enough to put me in a "trance" just by spinning circles and half circles and flashing lights. Maybe for some people they do go in a trance i know that people with epilepsy can have an epileptic fit if they have too much information overloading the brain, i remember there used to be warnings in video game documentation that warned people that the game could cause an epileptic fit if watched too long.

And about Alex Jones doing these "tricks" doesn't really surprise me much given his history he and his team really would like alot of people to "tune in" to what he is saying.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »

Thanks BA2 i watched that they do the same thing in Australia here with the circles/half circles on the news on the tv and yes when they do it with a split second the viewer is nearly missing it. The claim that it puts one in a trance i'm not sure about, we as Christians know God is going to protect us from that manipulation. When they say "trance" to me it means a person loses the ability to think for themselves. No i dont watch much tv but if i do i dont think they are "powerful" enough to put me in a "trance" just by spinning circles and half circles and flashing lights. Maybe for some people they do go in a trance i know that people with epilepsy can have an epileptic fit if they have too much information overloading the brain, i remember there used to be warnings in video game documentation that warned people that the game could cause an epileptic fit if watched too long.

And about Alex Jones doing these "tricks" doesn't really surprise me much given his history he and his team really would like alot of people to "tune in" to what he is saying.

Personally, the only tv I'll watch is sports games with my dad(football, baseball, and basketball) - especially during these games, they will REALLY throw the book at you. Almost every few seconds, they'll flash images right in your face across the screen. And I'm always asking myself, "Why? Is this really necessary?". Yeah, after awhile, you'll get dizzy, and ultimately "drunken"(scripture mentions this word quite a bit - no coincidence especially during the days we live in).

FYI, the older generation(like my parents) more or less grew up with predominantly radio(and books for that matter too) - from my experiences with these people, I can see why they have alot of wisdom. Not that I endorse everything on the radio(especially rock music and "christian" ministries), but nonetheless when you spend time listening to something(instead of glueing your eyes to some screen), you have time to digest it and think logically about it. Even tv shows back then broadcasted on the radio had that mentality too.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 07:16:14 pm »

Something I wanted to share here - pay attention at the 28 second and 57 second marks - (supposedly), #4(Brett Favre, the guy in the White/Purple jersey) broke his ankle during the 2nd half of this game. But somehow, FOX(the network that televised this game) made everyone think he was some "warrior" who had no problems playing through the pain.

Seriously - he had a BROKEN ANKLE - but somehow(as you see at these 2 time marks), he's just standing up and walking around??

Pt being that you didn't hear anyone(the "pundits", fans", anyone on YT, the blogs, etc) question this, why? B/c television does a MASTERFUL job craftily knowing how to deceive their audiences(Yes, I watched this game, and I was very fooled too at the time!).

And doesn't scripture say to not have confidence in the flesh?

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 02:27:53 am »

Something I wanted to share here - pay attention at the 28 second and 57 second marks - (supposedly), #4(Brett Favre, the guy in the White/Purple jersey) broke his ankle during the 2nd half of this game. But somehow, FOX(the network that televised this game) made everyone think he was some "warrior" who had no problems playing through the pain.

Seriously - he had a BROKEN ANKLE - but somehow(as you see at these 2 time marks), he's just standing up and walking around??

that would be pretty painful ow so they showed him walking around before he hurt the ankle.

And doesn't scripture say to not have confidence in the flesh?

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 10:46:31 am »

that would be pretty painful ow so they showed him walking around before he hurt the ankle.

No - the clip I posted was at the end of the game - he (supposedly)broke his ankle during the 3rd quarter of it.

Like said, there's just no way anyone has that superhuman abilities to run around ok after getting THAT severe of an injury. So yeah - you see how television has been using many crafty ways to condition the masses to accept this "superman" Antichrist.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 01:30:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 10:43:23 pm »

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2025364699_gayspopculturexml.html
Originally published Thursday, January 1, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Pop culture helps give gay lifestyles a big boost
Today, gays and lesbians are the folks next door, brought to the nation’s living rooms through the force of popular culture. Whether fictional characters or the performers themselves, they’re on TV, in movies, in music, even in comic books.

WASHINGTON —

When she learned a relative was gay, Amy Mesirow embraced the idea, used it as a teaching moment for her children and explained how it also would be OK if one of them were gay.

Then her son, who was 15 at the time, came out. “I felt like he was entering a whole new world, where I couldn’t follow him,” Mesirow recalled of her struggle to adapt.

Eventually, she found reinforcement in an unexpected place: television. “A year later, ‘Modern Family’ premiered,” she said of the hit show featuring a gay couple, “and changed my vision.”

Today, gays and lesbians are the folks next door, brought to the nation’s living rooms through the force of popular culture. Whether fictional characters or the performers themselves, they’re on TV, in movies, in music, even in comic books. Many play roles that are not the often derisive stereotypes of a just a generation ago.

Popular culture is a key to the broad and rapid shift in the nation’s politics as the country has turned rapidly from long opposition to gay rights toward support for gays, including same-sex marriage, acceptance of a gay child and willingness to vote for a gay politician.

Millions watch Cam and Mitch, a married male couple raising a daughter on “Modern Family,” ABC’s five-time Emmy award-winning sitcom.

“Same Love,” a marriage-equality anthem by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, jumped to the Top 5 on Billboard’s rap-music chart last year.

In comic books, Archie, the red-haired freckle-faced perennial teenager, was killed last year while protecting a gay friend. DC Comics introduced a gay Green Lantern two years ago. Marvel Comics presided over comicdom’s first same-sex superhero wedding when Northstar married his male partner in “Astonishing X-Men.”

There are 33 recurring lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender characters on prime-time shows and 64 on scripted prime-time cable-television programs in the 2014-15 season, up from 42 in 2013-14, according to GLAAD, a gay-rights group.

It’s a long way from 1999, when the Rev. Jerry Falwell derided the children’s TV show “Teletubbies” because “Tinky Winky,” a purple character who carried a red handbag and had a triangular-shape antennae on his head, appeared to be gay.

“We’re far from a happy world ... but we’ve made dramatic progress,” said actor George Takei, who played Hikaru Sulu in the “Star Trek” television series and movies. He came out in 2005 and married longtime partner Brad Altman in 2008.

The portrayals of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in popular culture and the portrayals of people who love them, Takei said in an interview, “has contributed to changing American society.”

TV plays big role

While attitudes may be changing rapidly, acceptance is far from universal.

“They are using their influence in socially irresponsible ways,” Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association said of the entertainment industry.

The group’s One Million Moms boycotted J.C. Penney in 2012 for hiring as its spokeswoman Ellen DeGeneres, who came out on her comedy show in the 1990s. Fischer said the group continues to target advertisers of shows it opposes.

“Our concern is they are normalizing and sanitizing what is an unnatural and risky lifestyle,” he said.

Sanitized or not, the cultural impact on public opinion is undeniable, and that in turn is changing politics. Vice President Joe Biden, who endorsed same-sex marriage before the 2012 presidential election, cited the power of popular culture in helping facilitate the change.

“When things really began to change is when the social culture changes. I think ‘Will & Grace’ probably did more to educate the American public than almost anything anybody’s ever done so far,” Biden said on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” referring to the NBC sitcom that centered on the friendship between roommates Will Truman, a gay lawyer, and Grace Adler, a straight interior designer.

While it seems sudden, the changes have been a long time in coming, a legacy of the civil-rights movement.

“We’re just now seeing the acceleration of a process that has been going on for more than 40 years,” said Nadine Hubbs, a professor of women’s studies, music and American culture at the University of Michigan.

The middle class has been gradually embracing homosexuality, Hubbs said, and “when celebrity artists come out, it contributes to the softening of the boundaries and eventually it can turn into a critical mass.”

Surveys suggest that the depictions carry influence:

• Twenty-seven percent of respondents said shows with LGBT characters such as “Modern Family” and Fox’s musical show “Glee” helped influence them to support same-sex marriage, according to a 2012 poll by The Hollywood Reporter.

• Thirty-four percent of respondents said seeing gays and lesbians on television and 29 percent said seeing them in movies helped change their views, according to a 2008 poll conducted for GLAAD by Harris Interactive.

For some Americans, viewing LGBT characters through popular culture and media provides a no-pressure, no-judgment insight into communities they might not otherwise see or fully understand.

“Seeing it in the comfort of your own home, where you can work it through without anybody judging or watching you, is really useful,” said Mesirow, of Marstons Mills, Mass.

When Mesirow’s son Ben, now 22, came out, she quickly learned it’s one thing to intellectually accept homosexuality and another to come to grips with it emotionally when it involves a member of your immediate family.

“You have visions for your child’s future, living a similar life to your own with a wife and biological children and the whole picket-fence scenario,” Mesirow said. “We felt he wasn’t going to be able to live a mainstream life and be accepted by people around him and be able to raise a family.”

Tuning into shows such as “Modern Family,” along with “The Fosters” on ABC Family and the Amazon-streamed show “Transparent,” helped ease her concerns.

“Here’s this gay couple with this big extended family that, for the most part, is very supportive; with co-workers and jobs with no issues to speak of,” Mesirow said of “Modern Family”

“Their lives are like any other couple’s ... Just seeing it on the TV and feeling I got to know this couple and this family ... just gave me a sense of relief and a vision that Ben could have this type of life.”

Mesirow’s search for understanding led her to join PFLAG — Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays — a nationwide support group where she now serves as a regional director.

Assimilation challenges

Activists knew that increased positive visibility in popular culture would help change attitudes.

“The best way to change hearts and minds is through media,” said Sarah Kate Ellis, president and chief executive of GLAAD. “For many, many years, networks were reluctant to depict LGBT people the same way they depict heterosexual characters. Ultimately, we want network TV to depict LGBT characters the same way they would straight characters in a multidimensional way.”

ABC’s musical drama “Nashville” highlights country music’s longtime resistance to gays with a storyline involving a closeted country singer who marries a woman to keep his secret. The actor who plays Will Lexington told Out magazine last year that he doesn’t believe country-music executives would give Lexington “the time of day.”

While the number of LGBT characters and plots are increasing on television, LGBT actors say they still experience discrimination behind the camera in Hollywood.

Fifty-three percent of LGBT respondents to a 2013 survey by the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists said they believe that directors and producers were biased against hiring LGBT performers.

A GLAAD report last summer found that only 17 of 102 movies from major movie studios in 2013 featured LGBT characters, and that most of those portrayals were negative. Some writers for DC Comics’ “Batwoman” quit in 2013 after the company reportedly rejected a storyline that had the superhero marrying her girlfriend.

Some LGBT-rights activists also complain that the change in popular culture has homogenized portrayals of gays and lesbians for the benefit of heterosexual audiences and paints an incomplete picture of their lives. That echoes criticisms by some African Americans that “The Cosby Show” presented an upscale, sugarcoated view of black life during its eight-year network run.

Suzanna Danuta Walters, director of women’s, gender and sexuality studies at Northeastern University, said “Modern Family’s” gay characters “offer a narrow slice of gay life: two wealthy white men, who never touch each other.”

“There are people on the gay left who deeply regret the trend toward assimilation and desexualization,” said Paul Robinson, an emeritus Stanford University history professor and author of the 2005 book “Queer Wars: The New Gay Rights and its Critics.”

“There’s an argument within the gay community between those who support assimilation — getting married and joining the military — and those who think gays should be part of an alliance with women, poor people, people of color. The people who want to get married, have children, have won the argument.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 09:17:14 pm »

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/glaad-rips-tlc-special-husband-not-gay-show-013417301.html
GLAAD Rips TLC Special ‘My Husband’s Not Gay': ‘This Show Is Downright Irresponsible’
1/5/15

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has joined the many critics of TLC’s “My Husband’s Not Gay.”

“This show is downright irresponsible. No one can change who they love, and, more importantly, no one should have to,” GLAAD President and CEO, Sarah Kate Ellis said in a statement issue to TheWrap. “By investing in this dangerous programming, TLC is putting countless young LGBT people in harm’s way.” ​

As TheWrap previously reported, the TLC special follows four married men living in Salt Lake City, Utah, who don’t identify themselves as homosexual, despite being attracted to men.

All cast members are devout Mormons belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The special will follow the cast as they navigate life while explaining to outsiders their unique marriages.

In response to the criticism, the network told TheWrap, “TLC has long shared compelling stories about real people and different ways of life, without judgment. The individuals featured in this one-hour special reveal the decisions they have made, and speak only for themselves.”

Since announcing plans to air the series, TLC has come under intense scrutiny from activist groups around the country. Progressive watchdog organization Americans Against the Tea Party called the show “garbage.” Meanwhile, a petition by Change.org has garnered 69,000 e-signatures.

In its most recent annual “Responsibility Index,” GLAAD gave TLC an “adequate” grade.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 05:54:15 am »

All cast members are devout Mormons belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

i can see the modern Mormon marriage, 2 guys and 3 girls....  Cheesy  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 05:42:23 am »

Ellen DeGeneres Defends Herself Against Pastor, Denies Hollywood's Gay Agenda
"I'm not here to brainwash anyone, but…"

Though talk show host Ellen DeGeneres admitted in a recent program that she typically refrains from reading about herself in the news or tabloids, she was bothered enough by one pastor's op-ed that accused her of being a part of Hollywood's gay agenda that she addressed it on air.

Tennessee pastor and author Larry Tomczak wrote an opinion piece for The Christian Post about the influx of homosexual characters, themes, and story lines in every day television programming and advertisements titled, "Are You Aware of the Avalanche of Gay Programming Assaulting Your Home?"

Quoting from Romans, Chapter 1, Tomczak established the context in which the Bible views homosexuality -- that is as "immoral," "unnatural," "shameful," "indecent," and a "perversion."

Then, after listing several modern television series with homosexual characters, he mentioned DeGeneres directly:

'Ellen DeGeneres' celebrates her lesbianism and 'marriage' in between appearances of guests like Taylor Swift to attract young girls.

Tomczak goes onto suggest alternative programming for families looking for more "wholesome" programming, including Leave It To Beaver, Little House on the Prairie, Gunsmoke, and I Love Lucy -- all of which can be purchased on DVD or streamed.

DeGeneres, having been alerted to the article, addressed Tomczak on her talk show. She defended her marriage to Portia de Rossi, denied any gay agenda whatsoever, and sprinkled her monologue with a little humor, culminating in a final faux hypnotizing of her audience, in which she claimed her only "agenda" is teaching the youth of the world to "be more compassionate."

"First of all, let's break this down," DeGeneres began. "I'm not 'married,' I'm married, that's all, just married," she said, to the delight of her audience.

Continuing, she said, "Larry, I don't even know what it means to celebrate my lesbianism, I mean, I guess I do, it's like that… [pops a 'party popper'] I'm gay!"

Poking fun at the pastor, DeGeneres listed some of the shows mentioned in the article, like Glee and Modern Family, and quipped, "If you ask me, Larry's watching a lot of gay TV."

The hostess continued to joke that I Love Lucy may not be good for kids because of all the chocolate Lucy shoves in her mouth in that classic episode. DeGeneres then questioned the platonic relationship between main characters, Lucy and Ethel, implying perhaps there was "something going on."

"I don't have an agenda," DeGeneres proclaimed. "I'm not here to brainwash anyone, but… [grabs a hypnotizing prop and begins to spin it] Listen to the sound of my voice. Attention youth of the world: I want you to live your lives being exactly who you are. Be true to yourself. The most important thing is to be true to yourself. The second most important thing is that you wear Ellen Underwear, and only Ellen Underwear…"

Watch the "Ellen's Real Agenda" clip at EllenTube.com.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/ellen-degeneres-defends-herself-against-pastor-denies-hollywoods-gay-agenda
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 11:55:38 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 07:42:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 08:57:15 pm »

For many years, the NWO-runned MSM always made you think Michigan is one of the most staunchest, family-valued "evangelical" state in the entire country.

Personally, I always had my doubts, but nonetheless more deception from this very tv-brainwashing media.

http://detroit.suntimes.com/det-news/7/77/125645/religious-michigan
How religious is Michigan?
Posted: 02/21/2015, 12:53pm | Zach Gase, Digital Editor at Sun Times Network

The Gallup Poll recently did a study to see how religious each state is. More than half of Utah’s residents regularly attend church on weekends, and at 51 percent, it has the highest rate of religious people in the United States.

Michigan is right in the middle at number 23rd most religious state in America. 32 percent of Ohioans go to church weekly, 19 percent go nearly weekly or monthly and 47 percent of people in Michigan seldom or never go to church.

More from Gallup:

Residents in the four Southern states of Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Arkansas are the next most likely to be frequent church attendees, with 45% to 47% reporting weekly attendance. At the other end of the spectrum is Vermont, where 17% of residents say they attend religious services every week.

These results are based on Gallup Daily tracking interviews throughout 2014 with 177,030 U.S. adults, and reflect those who say “at least once a week” when asked, “How often do you attend church, synagogue or mosque — at least once a week, almost every week, about once a month, seldom or never?” Church attendance self-reports are estimates, and may not reflect precise week in and week out attendance, but provide an important measure of the way in which Americans view their personal, underlying religiosity. In particular, the focus on the top category of “weekly” attendance yields a good indicator of the percentage of each state’s population that is highly religious, and for whom religion is likely to be a significant factor in their daily lives.

Ten of the 12 states with the highest self-reported religious service attendance are in the South, along with Utah and Oklahoma. The strong religious culture in the South reflects a variety of factors, including history, cultural norms and the fact that these states have high Protestant and black populations — both of which are above average in their self-reported religious service attendance. Utah’s No. 1 position on the list is a direct result of that state’s 59% Mormon population, as Mormons have the highest religious service attendance of any major religious group in the U.S.

Top 12 states in church attendance:

Bottom 10 states in church attendance:

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 04:01:06 am »

Somehow i think these figures dont tell the real picture about the US wouldnt it better to look at counties and cities/towns for more accuracy? and having the mormons included in this data as well as all the sodomite buildings/catholic buildings just it's misleading to just lump all the different false buildings in together like a pot of stew.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 04:30:19 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/abc-family%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98the-fosters%E2%80%99-13-year-old-gay-male-kiss-sparks-bitter-twitter-battle/ar-BBieO0Q?srcref=rss
ABC Family’s ‘The Fosters’ 13-Year-Old Gay Male Kiss Sparks Bitter Twitter Battle

ABC Family's "The Fosters" has ignited a sharply divide debate after featuring a gay kiss between two of the family drama's 13-year-old male characters, marking the youngest same sex kiss in TV history.

The intimate moment between Jude (Hayden Byerly) and Connor (Gavin MacIntosh) sparked a flurry of reactions from social media, with some praising the show for tackling such a hot-button issue in an elegant fashion and others critiquing the show's creators and the network for airing a same-sex kiss between two underage actors.

"So happy they are progressing & showing young love," @marthapreston4 wrote. "People forget that gay people don't become gay only as adults."

But not all of the reactions were positive: "Nothing about this entire show seems suitable for children: ABC Family's 'The Fosters' Airs Youngest-Ever Gay Kiss, " @adamcassandra wrote.

GLAAD issued a statement on behalf on the series, which features several openly gay characters. "For LGBT youth, stories like this are a powerful moment to see themselves represented and recognize they aren't alone. These characters also foster understanding and acceptance in their peer groups, ultimately creating a safer environment for LGBT youth," a spokesperson for organization told TheWrap.

Jennifer Lopez is an executive producer on the series, which has already been renewed for a Season 3. But series creator Peter Paige, ("Queer as Folk") took to Twitter immediately after the airing to discuss the romantic moment and ponder whether his characters were making television history.

"Youngest same-sex kiss in US television history?" he wrote. "Do you remember YOUR first kiss?"

Many other fans of the show also chimed in to offer kind words: "That was my favorite on screen kiss ever. #Jonner!" @annika_marks tweeted.

"#Jonnor happened today. Life is complete," @juliagguerinn wrote.

The young actor who portrays Jude tweeted out his gratitude for all of those who have expressed kind words and sentiments: "Lots of buzz today," Byerly wrote. "Thank you so much for the support! The Fosters is all about educating."

But not all of the reactions to the kiss were positive.

"DISGUSTING, WHY IS THIS BEING FORCED ON US," @GCGATOR24 wrote.

Here are a smattering of social media reactions:

That was my favorite on screen kiss ever. #Jonner! There. I did it. My first blended name hashtag. @TheFostersABCF #TheFosters

-- Annika Marks (@Annika_Marks) March 3, 2015

#Jonnor happened today. Life is complete. #JudeAndConnor #TheFosters @TheFostersABCF @gavinmacintosh @haydenbyerly

-- julia (@juliaguerinn) March 3, 2015

Basic cable now peddling in gay kiddie ****. ABC Family Airs Youngest-Ever Gay Kiss Between Two 13-Year-Old Boys http://t.co/5ndg3xoMp5

-- Ann Barnhardt (@AnnBarnhardt) March 4, 2015

So the channel is called #ABCFamily Huh http://t.co/gQD5c354r7 Which family, Sanduskies? #Fosters

-- rafiki (@the_rafiki1) March 4, 2015

Nothing about this entire show seems suitable for children: ABC Family's 'The Fosters' Airs Youngest-Ever Gay Kiss http://t.co/RucHGmqrzg

ABC Family’s ‘The Fosters’ 13-Year-Old Gay Male Kiss Sparks Bitter Twitter Battle © Provided by TheWrap ABC Family’s ‘The Fosters’ 13-Year-Old Gay Male Kiss Sparks Bitter Twitter Battle
-- Adam Cassandra (@adamcassandra) March 4, 2015

DISGUSTING, WHY IS THIS BEING FORCED ON US:@Drudge_Siren: ABCFAMILY 'THE FOSTERS' Airs Same-Sex Kiss Between Boys... http://t.co/KGjcSsbVfo"

-- GLENN (@GCGATOR24) March 4, 2015
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 10:51:43 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 01:00:18 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 08:25:58 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 09:00:06 am »

Last week, listened to some lengthy, albeit detailed audio studies on CS Lewis, Tolkien, Rowling, and Stephanie Meyer - pretty much, these authors of these "fantasy" novels laid the foundation for witchcraft to not only be accepted by the mainstream, but also by churches as well.

Pt I'm trying to make here is that as witchcraft in America and in the world has increased 10-fold, the abomination that is television has gotten worse and worse.

Definitely STAY AWAY from this wicked device, runned by the prince of the power of the air - I say this b/c recently I had to repent of things that I allowed distracting me from serving the LORD. And tv can really shape your mind badly in the wrong direction.

1 Thes 5:21  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Th 5:23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 04:09:24 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 11:59:53 am »

http://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/other-voices/article101645802.html
65 years later, television funds college football
9/13/16

The first live coast-to-coast television broadcast of a sports event occurred 65 years ago Sept. 29.

The television industry and college football have grown exponentially, together, ever since.

Is this a good thing? Maybe. Maybe not.

On Sept. 29, 1951, Duke University defeated the University of Pittsburgh 19-14 on the gridiron at Pitt Stadium before a live NBC audience.

Shortly after the Pitt-Duke game, the first live (but local) color football broadcast was a college game — between the University of California and the University of Pennsylvania.

Clearly, 1951 was an important year for television and sports.

This year, on the first weekend of college football, there were 133 college football games broadcast on TV or streamed online, stretched across five days, including a rare Sunday night college football broadcast.

Why has televised college football had such explosive growth? In a word: Money.

Television has provided college football with tremendous exposure, which, in turn, fueled interest that created demand for more college football.

It was demand that television, through the creation of networks such as ESPN, was happy to meet with an increasing number of broadcasts available every night of the week.

The initial concern that this was too much quickly gave way to the belief that 24/7 was not enough.

Satellite broadcasts and cable expanded dramatically and in the process helped to spawn scores of additional networks that were interested in sports generally and college football specifically.

The 1984 court decision, NCAA v. The Board of Regents for the University of Oklahoma, recognized that colleges have the right to sell their TV rights to the highest bidder, and television networks quickly doubled down on college football.

This exposure has changed the game.

TV money has fueled new stadiums and the growth of coaching staffs, coaching salaries and athletic training facilities.

This probably will not change in the future.

The five top conferences have either a dedicated conference network or a lucrative rights deal with one or more networks.

The result is a payment of $25 million or more to each school annually.

This money has fueled concerns about whether student athletes should be paid.

After all, if universities + student athletes = TV money, why not share?

Long-existing college conferences have disappeared and new conferences have been formed in their wake, based less on regional ties and more on television markets.

For example, the Big Ten Conference recently added the University of Maryland and Rutgers University to grab two new TV markets that the Big 10 wanted.

They were rewarded with a new agreement from ESPN, Fox and CBS worth nearly $450 million payable over six years — three times the amount of the previous deal.

The so-called Big 12, which currently only has 10 schools, is now considering going back to 12 or expanding to more.

Key factors in the selection of schools: the TV market in which a prospective school resides and the appeal of the school to the networks that have contractual obligations to the Big 12.

TV also has a major impact on game scheduling.

To justify money paid, networks want maximum exposure to drive strong ratings.

High ratings means more money; more money to TV means more money to schools, conferences and the NCAA.

Weekday prime-time games have become commonplace because there are TV slots to fill.

Sixty-five years ago, the story was television and the novelty of watching a college football game from afar.

Today, watching a college football game on TV is no longer a novelty.

And the story is not television as something new but rather television as the funding source for, and senior business partner of, college football.

This business relationship is not likely to change. How we view TV certainly will.

College sports has become big business, with media money the prime reason.

Fans have not suggested less but rather more of the same.

The challenge will be to keep the business of college football a multiparty relationship, with the college part intact and independent, not the alter-ego of a media enterprise.

That will ensure that the rise and expansion of television and college football as a business relationship was a good thing.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/other-voices/article101645802.html#storylink=cpy
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 03:13:59 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/26/politics/presidential-debate-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html
9/26/16
Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle

(CNN)It could be the greatest political show on Earth.

With a tight election on the line, Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton will meet in just hours to face off at their first presidential debate, a battle 18 months in the making that is emerging as the most hotly anticipated moment in modern US political history.

An audience rivaling that of the Super Bowl -- perhaps around 100 million Americans -- will be glued to televisions, smart phones and social media when the rivals rip off the gloves at 9 pm ET. The debate marks a rare shared experience for a country deeply divided along political lines and fragmented in the media they consume.

Suspense has been building for weeks, given the huge political stakes of an increasingly competitive election. And Trump's wild-card antics, which will test Clinton's fact checking skills, mean no one can predict how the showdown at Hofstra University in New York will unfold.

The rivals spent Monday prepping for their big battle.

Clinton has been taking part in mock debates with her tart-tongued former aide Philippe Reines playing Trump. In one practice debate, Reines assumed the character of the unpredictable Trump by praising Clinton for her role as a pioneer for women, campaign sources said.

The Republican nominee has watched videos of Clinton but his preparation has been less intense than his opponent's in keeping with his more freewheeling style. He did not holdmock debates with someone standing in for Clinton.

It also emerged on Monday that there is no written agreement setting out the terms for the debates between the campaigns. Such deals have often been in place in previous debates, governing everything from the heights of the podiums to the topics of the event and the time available for each question.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 11:46:22 am »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2669042-donald-trumps-failed-foray-into-the-world-of-mma?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial#
Donald Trump's Failed Foray into the World of MMA
By Scott Harris , MMA Lead Writer Oct 17, 2016

By now, most people recognize the key pages in the Donald Trump playbook. An ambitious effort starts with a bang but ends with the rumor of a whimper tucked deep into classified legal briefs, well clear of the camera's eye.

The sports world has not gone unscathed. Trump's ill-fated involvement with the United States Football League ended in a pungent stew of red tape and bad feelings and is the stuff of sports-business infamy.

Speaking to Esquire about the debacle, Charley Steiner, radio voice of the USFL's Trump-owned New Jersey Generals and current play-by-play man for the Los Angeles Dodgers, said of Trump, "You can cut and paste the USFL and the GOP and it's the same damn story. It's all about him and the brand and moving on to the next thing if it doesn't work out."

The USFL is the splashiest sports example, but it is not, to coin a phrase, the Trumpiest. For that, you have to go to the sport of mixed martial arts, where he and his organization's intimate, aggressive involvement wove a very recognizable pattern. Crack open that nesting doll and you'll find Trump's dealings with Affliction Entertainment. Although it holds a lower profile than the USFL example, it is still the best sports illustration of Trump's modus operandi.

But let's back up a few years. In point of fact, Trump does have deep roots in the MMA community. In MMA's earlier days, his backing may have staved off the sport's demise.

In 2001, when UFC 1 was only eight years old, MMA was in the eyes of many a novelty or worse. The UFC had been sold to Zuffa—a company owned by Las Vegas casino heirs Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta and their friend Dana White. At that point, many major markets and media had turned their collective back to the UFC, forcing the promotion to stage untelevised cards in third-tier civic centers.

Trump broke with that custom, however, and welcomed the UFC with open arms. He offered Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, New Jersey—a major step up in location and prestige—as a potential host location. The new owners took him up on his offer, and the Trump Taj hosted UFC 30 and UFC 31 that year. (That venue also hosted UFC 28—the final event staged by previous UFC owners SEG.)

White never forgot the gesture and reciprocated with unconditional loyalty, culminating with his bellowed endorsement of Trump on prime-time TV at July's Republican National Convention:

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 09:44:16 pm »

http://www.wayoflife.org/free_ebooks/television_and_the_christian_home.php

Television and the Christian Home
One of the wisest things parents can do today is throw out the television altogether, except for watching educational programs and perhaps some carefully selected movies, and the selection of the latter will be slim indeed. Here is practical wisdom on television and the christian home.

The chapters in the book are:

Introduction
    Testimonies
    Television is a Slippery Slope
    The Deceptive Rating System
    Signs of Television Addiction
    Practical Suggestions about Television

PDF version is 67 pages.
Print book available, see below.

http://www.wayoflife.org/free_ebooks/downloads/Television_and_the_Christian_Home.pdf
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 01:26:59 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/inside-the-ticker/customers-fume-after-wal-mart-cancels-sales-of-big-tvs-for-dollar99/ar-AAlcSF2?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Customers fume after Wal-Mart cancels sales of big TVs for $99
12/6/16

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is—especially if the item in question is a $99 TV.

A group of North Texas women learned the truth behind that adage on Black Friday, when Walmart cancelled orders they had placed on for Samsung TVs that had been discounted to just $99. One woman, Monique Daniels, said a friend told her about the discount on Walmart.com, NBC’s Dallas-Fort Worth affiliate reported. She checked the Walmart app and after finding the deal, she shared it with her friends. The women all quickly bought TVs, thinking the deal was too good to pass up.

Daniels herself bought two 40-inch TVs and a 75-inch TV. These TV sets usually range in price from $300 to $2,000 each. “I didn’t even intend to buy a TV,” one of the women, Jennifer Campbell, told NBC 5. “I bought a TV because I was like, ‘I’m stupid if I don’t.'”

However, during the weekend, the women were baffled when they received emails saying their orders were cancelled. Walmart, they said, claimed the customers had canceled the orders themselves. The retailer later explained the cancellation as a “pricing error.”

“We needed to cancel some customer orders on a certain TV item,” Walmart said in a statement. “We’ve reached out to apologize to customers and offer them a gift card for the inconvenience.”

The gift card was worth just $10, upsetting the women, who wanted the company to give them store credit for the full value of the discounted TVs. Walmart does have a disclaimer on its website saying that it may cancel or refuse orders in the event of a pricing error. It’s offered $10 gift cards in the past to make up for similar mistakes.

A day after NBC 5 reached out to Walmart, the women received an email that the company would offer them a $25 gift card. They’ve also received full refunds for their $99 TV purchase.

If you stumble across a deal while online shopping that seems too good to be true, you should take screenshots of your purchase. You might also want to call the company to verify the authenticity of the sale.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: