End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:54:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Cincinnati/NKY Area

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cincinnati/NKY Area  (Read 1643 times)
Overcast

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:54:24 pm »

Hello all, new person here!

I'm from the Northern KY/Cincinnati area. Pretty much an independent Christian seeking truth. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”  (2 Peter 3)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 03:01:27 pm »

Hello and welcome.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:54:11 pm »

Hello all, new person here!

I'm from the Northern KY/Cincinnati area. Pretty much an independent Christian seeking truth. Smiley

Are you the same person with this username over on PPF?(I go by America2 over there) If you are, maybe I might be confused with someone else over there, but I thought you said you're from Europe(or were from)?

Either way, welcome to the forum! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:43:30 am »

Are you the same person with this username over on PPF?(I go by America2 over there) If you are, maybe I might be confused with someone else over there, but I thought you said you're from Europe(or were from)?

Either way, welcome to the forum! Smiley

Yes indeed - Dok pointed me this way.
I've changed a bit over the years from my start of posting there to now. Glad to see a couple people I kinda 'know' around here, so to speak..

I guess your names might stand out more since we were likely in agreement on some subjects, lol.
The whole 'infowars' thing along with AJ kinda 'woke me up' - there's some I don't buy, but a lot of it is just impossible to ignore.

Eventually, I reached a point to where my faith in man just hit rock bottom - I went into a depression.. but at the time, Hal Lindsay was on the TV while I was hanging my head over the edge of the bed being melancholy.. and he said something that triggered a thought in my head.. I was depressed BECAUSE I had faith in man and not God, he may have said something just to that effect. It was more of a 'feeling' overall than anything, so I don't recall just what was said.

I've never came out of a gloomy moment so very quickly as that. Since, I try to live as a Christian - independent. Also go to a local bible study during the week and generally try to walk with the Lord.

I was much more of a ranting, raving crusader when I first start up at PPF, but I've changed a lot since then - in some ways at least... lol

I try to make a bridge between secular rationalization and faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:55:07 am by Overcast » Report Spam   Logged

... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”  (2 Peter 3)
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:03:26 pm »

I'm glad you stopped in. Your story of PPF is rather familiar, as I basically went through the same process. I've always been opinionated, and then I found PPF several years back when I was backslidden and caught up in the world. But getting into debates there on various topics, including Christianity, God was basically bringing me back into the fold, though I didn't know it at the time. I would see stuff posted that I knew wasn't true about what I knew the bible says, so it started, the journey back to walking in the Spirit. Jesus says that He will never leave us nor forsake us! Thank you Jesus.

I try to make a bridge between secular rationalization and faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ.

I believe that we all do that. It's that battle of flesh and Spirit. It's because for now, we only "know in part" while we wait for "that which is perfect is come". I also believe that relates to being "...wise as serpents...".

We know it's what the world does. Being "wise as serpents" to me is part of discernment, knowing the difference between truth and lies, and being able to discern what manner of spirit a person is.

"Peace [be] to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 6:23 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 02:12:07 pm »

I'm glad you stopped in. Your story of PPF is rather familiar, as I basically went through the same process. I've always been opinionated, and then I found PPF several years back when I was backslidden and caught up in the world. But getting into debates there on various topics, including Christianity, God was basically bringing me back into the fold, though I didn't know it at the time. I would see stuff posted that I knew wasn't true about what I knew the bible says, so it started, the journey back to walking in the Spirit. Jesus says that He will never leave us nor forsake us! Thank you Jesus.

I believe that we all do that. It's that battle of flesh and Spirit. It's because for now, we only "know in part" while we wait for "that which is perfect is come". I also believe that relates to being "...wise as serpents...".

We know it's what the world does. Being "wise as serpents" to me is part of discernment, knowing the difference between truth and lies, and being able to discern what manner of spirit a person is.

"Peace [be] to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 6:23 (KJB)

I was a full-out agnostic for many years. After college - go figure.

Well, I was going to write more - but I did note the testimonials forum - maybe I'll drop something in there.. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 09:41:51 pm »

Personally, I like PPF b/c there's alot of notey news articles to read, as we're supposed to be watching in these end times. Yes, when I first started there 3 years ago, I bought into the candy that it was our job to "wake people up" to the New World Order. But it was after over a year that I realized this was fruitless. I started reading the KJV in 2009, but continued in this mindset for another year or so.

Our battles are not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places. With that being said, I'm thankful that the Lord showed me this deceptive left/right paradigm. Yes, bandwagoning on a "political party"(in this case, the "religious right" leaders insist we have to blindly follow Republicans and get active politically) is very dangerous for Christians to do.
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:29:47 am »

Personally, I like PPF b/c there's alot of notey news articles to read, as we're supposed to be watching in these end times. Yes, when I first started there 3 years ago, I bought into the candy that it was our job to "wake people up" to the New World Order. But it was after over a year that I realized this was fruitless. I started reading the KJV in 2009, but continued in this mindset for another year or so.

Our battles are not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places. With that being said, I'm thankful that the Lord showed me this deceptive left/right paradigm. Yes, bandwagoning on a "political party"(in this case, the "religious right" leaders insist we have to blindly follow Republicans and get active politically) is very dangerous for Christians to do.

I still try to - because me finding out a lot of this - shook my 'faith' in man... bad.

And eventually that led to my salvation in a round about way - I can only hope that at least one single other person may have that experience too Smiley

But the gap between us who believe and those who don't - is really widening. The 'casual Christians' are shrinking in numbers. I heard that on the radio on some Christian program, and it seems quite accurate.

But as the gap widens, so will the apathy.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 01:40:35 pm »

And so will the hatred.

I've noticed that the media is showing more and more stuff that mocks Christianity. Like for instance, the show "Survivor". The latest show has a guy on there that claims to be a Christian, and one of the veteran players from previous shows also claims to be one, but he also is all into eaterm religions and who knows what else, calling people "dragon warriors". And these people go running around praying in a group like a football huddle or something! Last night, they did this prayer before a challenge, with the vet player "Coach" already holding a immunity "idol", he leads a group prayer outloud asking that they find the idol that he has already, but the other main "Chrisitian"(a former player's nephew) doesn't know he has it already, so that guy is praying it will be found! A medical student in their "tribe" apparently isn't so Christian, and actually pointed out Coach's hyopcracy and deception, questioning just how Christian he was being! Mission accomplished!

So they win the challenge, and after Coach produced the idol like some kind of answer to their prayers, and the other guy freaks out thanking God for finding it, all the while he was being lied to and deceived. THAT is stuff the mainstream media just loves to put on tv. It makes a mockery of Christianity.

It is the world, and they are definately talking about worldly things on that show, but it is also intentionally hand-picked players. The show puts on there who they want by design. The show basically dictates the storyline, and lately they are really pushing the whole group prayers and asking God for held in winning some stupid carnal game. It's rather embarrassing to watch at times.

If it's available, one might want to watch last night's episode to see what I mean. It's becoming on that show THE specticle.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:56:45 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 03:38:55 pm »

And so will the hatred.

I've noticed that the media is showing more and more stuff that mocks Christianity. Like for instance, the show "Survivor". The latest show has a guy on there that claims to be a Christian, and one of the veteran players from previous shows also claims to be one, but he also is all into eaterm religions and who knows what else, calling people "dragon warriors". And these people go running around praying in a group like a football huddle or something! Last night, they did this prayer before a challenge, with the vet player "Coach" already holding a immunity "idol", he leads a group prayer outloud asking that they find the idol that he has already, but the other main "Chrisitian"(a former player's nephew) doesn't know he has it already, so that guy is praying it will be found! A medical student in their "tribe" apparently isn't so Christian, and actually pointed out Coach's hyopcracy and deception, questioning just how Christian he was being! Mission accomplished!

So they win the challenge, and after Coach produced the idol like some kind of answer to their prayers, and the other guy freaks out thanking God for finding it, all the while he was being lied to and deceived. THAT is stuff the mainstream media just loves to put on tv. It makes a mockery of Christianity.

It is the world, and they are definately talking about worldly things on that show, but it is also intentionally hand-picked players. The show puts on there who they want by design. The show basically dictates the storyline, and lately they are really pushing the whole group prayers and asking God for held in winning some stupid carnal game. It's rather embarrassing to watch at times.

If it's available, one might want to watch last night's episode to see what I mean. It's becoming on that show THE specticle.

Also to add - while I like to watch professional sports games on tv(NFL, NBA, and MLB), at the same time, I wonder really how "Christian" some of these players and coaches are that they claim to be, and I wonder if this is also part of the manipulation-all-by-design TPTB are trying to throw deception with.

Take Tim Tebow - I believe we discussed this player last year(on the previous message forum outlay) - I mean I don't know the guy personally, and I don't want to judge him, but seriously, if this man was a true born again, do you really think God would put him in this profession making millions of dollars, which in turn has given him a major obligation to focus all his primary attention with football(ie-players, from what I understand, have to wake up EARLY and run to that game-film room to study every day)? Take another professed born again, Joe Gibbs(former Redskins coach) - he seemed like someone who bears good fruit(never swears, never gets angry, etc), however, he's admitted how he spends 20 hours A DAY when the season is in progress. Yes, 20 hours A DAY. Do you honestly think he has time to spend in prayer and reading the word of God? I also gleamed through one of his books at the bookstore last year - he doesn't even use the NIV when quoting scripture(it was the NLT, which is a pretty bad New Age version).

And let's not forget about these additional perverted versions - where they put born against like Kurt Warner and Shaun Alexander on the cover. Seriously, Warner and Alexander should have said NO, NO, NO THIS IS IDOLATRY! to this.

Ultimately, when Christians see this, it'll end up getting some of them the impression that "Maybe it's OK to yoke up with the world a bit, after all these guys are getting millions of dollars, maybe it's God's blessing?".(ie-it seemed like people got that impression after Warner had that outstanding 1999-2001 run, until he went back to ordinary and then I started hearing comments like "Will Warner now curse God because he doesn't have the success he once had?").

But yeah, sometimes I wonder if Christianity is being used and smeared in professional sports entertainment to not only make a mockery of Christians, but to try to deceive them as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:29:11 pm »

But yeah, sometimes I wonder if Christianity is being used and smeared in professional sports entertainment to not only make a mockery of Christians, but to try to deceive them as well.

Yes, and at the same time they are human. Can't judge people - but actions..

Of course, I have no idea how much time/money/energy someone may donate off-season either. So I like to give the benefit of the doubt..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: