End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:28:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Alaska Tax Exemption Case Ruled in Favor of Sodomites

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alaska Tax Exemption Case Ruled in Favor of Sodomites  (Read 261 times)
akfools
« on: October 27, 2011, 11:33:14 pm »

Alaska Tax Exemption Case Ruled in Favor of Same-Sex Couples

A small tax exemption case that recently played out in an Alaska superior court could have big implications in the debate over same-sex marriage.

Last month, the court ruled the state’s tax-assessment rules were unconstitutional because they did not allow same-sex couples access to a property tax exemption for senior citizens and disabled veterans.

Julie Schmidt and her partner Gayle Schuh, one of the couples in the case, owned a home together with an assessed value of $254,200.  Forbes contributor Peter J. Reilly writes, “If they were married they would have been entitled to a $150,000 property tax exemption because Ms. Schmidt is over 65. Since they were not married, the exclusion is limited to $127,100 (half the assessed value).”

So, in August, along with two other same-sex couples, they filed a lawsuit against Alaska and Anchorage over the tax-exemption laws.

Alaska has a marriage amendment in its Constitution that defines marriage as being between a man and a woman, but it also has strong equal protection guarantees. The case of Julie Schmidt et.al, v The State of Alaska and Municipality of Anchorage forced these two protections into a legal battle.

The ACLU of Alaska and the national American Civil Liberties Union filed the case on behalf of Schmidt, her partner, and two other same-sex Alaska couples who wanted access to a $150,000 property tax exemption.

Judge Frank A. Pfiffner, of the superior court in Anchorage, ruled that the tax exemption’s marital classification – though consistent with the marriage amendment – violates the Alaska Constitution’s equal protection clause.

According to Peter Spring, senior fellow for policy studies at Family Research Council, the case “raises serious questions” about the effectiveness of defense of marriage acts and even constitutional amendments. Because, even in states that have passed marriage amendments, there are courts that are ruling that benefits can be granted without it.

Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute told The Christian Post, the problem is that the United States has a lot of activist judges. But he believes the ruling will likely we reversed on appeal with the state’s supreme court.

“At the end, decisions by judicial activists are often corrected on appeal,” Dacus said.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/alaska-tax-exemption-case-ruled-in-favor-of-same-sex-couples-59464/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:01:12 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 03:37:52 am »

Can the thread title be changed? That's a rather offensive word to use. Not very edifying or expedient. Maybe it would be better if it said, "in favor of gays".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 06:04:03 am »

Judge Frank A. Pfiffner, of the superior court in Anchorage, ruled that the tax exemption’s marital classification – though consistent with the marriage amendment – violates the Alaska Constitution’s equal protection clause.

How? When the State Costitution states that marriage is between a man and a woman than how can that violate any other law that goes against it? To get the tax break you have to be married, only a man and a woman can be married. So what was violated? Seems like more making laws from the bench.

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 11:24:50 am »

Anyone who surfs p0rn is just as guilty of violating the same laws as any homosexual. This to me is a concept of "he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone." The same for those who consistently lie or commit adultery.

I think Sodom and Gomorrah were far more deep in sin than just 'same sex' couples - probably Pedophilia and Bestiality, likely even Child Sacrifice.

Of course, that cannot be far off now. As soon as someone gets the idea for depravity or to 'skirt the system' - I expect to hear people screaming about 'marrying their dogs' for tax exemptions.

We're at least halfway there - and the second 'half' will go exponentially faster than the first has.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:28:02 am by Overcast » Report Spam   Logged

... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”  (2 Peter 3)
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »

Anyone who surfs p0rn is just as guilty of violating the same laws as any homosexual. This to me is a concept of "he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone." The same for those who consistently lie or commit adultery.

I think Sodom and Gomorrah were far more deep in sin than just 'same sex' couples - probably Pedophilia and Bestiality, likely even Child Sacrifice.

Of course, that cannot be far off now. As soon as someone gets the idea for depravity or to 'skirt the system' - I expect to hear people screaming about 'marrying their dogs' for tax exemptions.

We're at least halfway there - and the second 'half' will go exponentially faster than the first has.

BY Judiac Law, if you break one law, your guilty of breaking the whole law. Sin is sin, except one. So yes, everybody is in fact guilty of al sin, and that means even the "really bad" sins.

The truth is, adultry is no greater sin than mass murder, or beastiality, or stealing a candy bar, or pedophilia. It's all sin. And God is not a respector of persons, unlike man, who has respect by treating various sins unequally, even labeling some sins as not a sin at all.

I see sins as being on a linear line, a long, straight line, and at one end is the least sin, and at the extreme opposite end is total sin. But, it's all equally sin, and punishable by death. One who sins in their life maybe just a few times is no better than the one who lives a life of nothing but sin. Both are equally called to repentance and salvation, and if they reject Jesus, they will perish, no matter how much or little sin they had in their lives.
Report Spam   Logged
seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 05:00:30 pm »

I agree with you overcast. I think the 'cry' of sodom and gomorrah was the cry of the children. why would it be the perverts and rapists crying? its **** fantasy. sexual sin makes u more and more depraved and u have to do unnatural things in order to provide excitement. regular sex just doesn't do it. i remember listening to a radio talk show about the addiction of **** and how it ruins people's lives. no this wasn't a Christian radio show. i believe the host was a counselor treating people addicted to ****. i remember a teaching dr. scott did on pedophilia and that **** could possibly lead a person to be interested in child ****. which i wouldn't go that far but i would say its destructive. i think i went off on a tangent here didn't i? i always do that. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 05:08:27 pm »

I agree with you overcast. I think the 'cry' of sodom and gomorrah was the cry of the children. why would it be the perverts and rapists crying? its **** fantasy. sexual sin makes u more and more depraved and u have to do unnatural things in order to provide excitement. regular sex just doesn't do it. i remember listening to a radio talk show about the addiction of **** and how it ruins people's lives. no this wasn't a Christian radio show. i believe the host was a counselor treating people addicted to ****. i remember a teaching dr. scott did on pedophilia and that **** could possibly lead a person to be interested in child ****. which i wouldn't go that far but i would say its destructive. i think i went off on a tangent here didn't i? i always do that. Undecided

I do think it will end up going as deep and dark as a person lets it go. I very seriously doubt the vast majority of pedophiles just woke up one day and went to that extreme - while there are exceptions, I suspect the vast majority started with girls in swimsuits... and it got worse and worse. Of course, in many cases there may be surrounding mental issues perhaps, but I think it can get it's claws in anyone that sinks to that level. I'm sure it happens gradually enough in many cases that they don't know how far down the path they are...

And yeah - I go off on tangents and rants quite often myself Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”  (2 Peter 3)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: