End Times and Current Events
April 16, 2024, 01:09:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A Picture of the END TIMES church!!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Picture of the END TIMES church!!  (Read 723 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2011, 05:16:45 am »

Famous denomination welcoming paganism with guided meditations
'I've taken people to their past lives in Egypt, as they had all the secrets'

A Protestant church in California is coming under fire from some Christians over its upcoming conference featuring "guided meditations" by a high priestess of the pagan fertility goddess Isis.

The fifth annual "Faith and Feminism Conference" taking place Nov. 11–13 is being hosted by the Ebenezer Lutheran Church in San Francisco, which bills itself as "herchurch."

Among the scheduled participants is Loreon Vigne, high priestess of Isis Oasis – a temple, retreat and animal sanctuary Vigne founded in 1978 in Geyserville, Calif.

"I personally see Isis as Mother Nature," Vigne told WND, "and that she encompasses everything with her wings. She's a winged goddess. She encompasses any other goddess from any culture."

High priestess Loreon Vigne of Isis Oasis

Vigne, who plans to bring several other priestesses to the conference, will conduct prayers, songs and meditation.

"Guided meditation is where the audience closes their eyes and you take them on a little journey," she explained. "I've taken people to their past lives in Egypt, as [that culture] had all the secrets. They're the ones that knew. Their main concept is to know thyself, know thy heart, know thy soul and know thy purpose."

She says the belief system is based on the ancient Egyptian concept of balance, with 42 laws that are actually 42 ideals.

"It's kind of like a Ten Commandments, but all done in a positive concept," she said. "'I shalt not kill,' [is rendered as] 'I honor all lives as sacred.'"

Besides honoring the goddess, the staff of Isis Oasis also provides massage therapy along with tarot and astrology readings, according to its website.

But the San Francisco event blending non-existent, heathen deities with the Christian faith is leaving some outraged.

"You can't make this stuff up!" exclaimed Dan Skogen of Marion, Iowa, who describes himself as a Lutheran fed up with the "constant mockery of God's word" by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, or ELCA, which boasts some 4.2 million members in 10,000 congregations.

"God tells us in Exodus 20:3 'You shall have no other gods before me.' Yet this ELCA church brings followers of other gods in to speak and teach at their conference!"

Skogen said the ELCA leadership "accepts and promotes the thought that salvation is secured even for people who do not have faith in Christ."

"So bringing worshippers of Isis to this conference to teach is acceptable to them," said. "Of course, this is a distinct departure from the orthodox teaching of the Christian church."

Throughout the Bible, there are many warnings against worshiping false gods.

The Israelites were nearly exterminated by God when they made a golden calf to worship, but said it was a "festival to the LORD." (Exodus 32:5, New Living Translation)

And they were later warned: "But if your heart turns away and you refuse to listen, and if you are drawn away to serve and worship other gods, then I warn you now that you will certainly be destroyed." (Deuteronomy 30:17-18, NLT)

Skogen said, "Over the years, the ELCA has been drifting farther and farther away from the truth and authority of Scripture. When a church does not trust, adhere to and believe what the Bible clearly states, heresies emerge, resulting in false teachings and blatant disobedience."

Defending the event is one of its organizers, Rev. Megan Rohrer, the first openly transgender Lutheran minister ordained in the United States.

Rev. Megan Rohrer, an openly transgender Lutheran pastor

"I think the world is much more interested in interfaith connection than exclusivity," Rohrer told WND. "It's really not that unusual. Christianity was founded in the time of the beginnings of lots of things."

While acknowledging concern about mixing paganism with Christianity is a "hot-button issue," the pastor said, "Christians that say that probably don't know what paganism is."

"Anything that's not what anyone's church teaches is against God's ways," she added.

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines "pagan" as "heathen, especially: a follower of a polytheistic religion (as in ancient Rome)." It defines the word "heathen" as "an unconverted member of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible."

This particular Lutheran church in San Francisco is far from what many might consider mainstream.

For instance, it heavily promotes a female identity for God, with a giant banner hanging from its purple exterior declaring "God/dess welcomes all her children."

"We are a diverse community, standing firmly within the Christian tradition in order to re-image the divine by claiming her feminine persona," the church proclaims.

"Our Christian/Lutheran feminist prayers and liturgy reach back into the storehouse of tradition to bring forth names as Mother, Shaddai, Sophia, Womb, Midwife, Shekinah, She Who Is. They do so out of renewed insights into the nature of the Gospel empowered by the risen Christ-Sophia."

Asked to explain the church's theology, Rev. Rohrer said, "Being Christian and being feminist are not two opposite ends of the spectrum."

She said her church is "creating caring economics and creating a world where every person's identity is held up with its integrity, creating equal playing fields for every human being."

"The U.N. continues to say if we're able to educate women globally, we will probably eliminate poverty," she added.

Other events at the conference include a chanting workshop with another Isis priestess, Katie Kethcum, "inclusive" hymns, sacred walks, sacred drums, sacred dance and Kundalini Yoga mantras, which the church says "are composed of basic phonetic sounds common to all languages and have been used to invoke the presence of the Divine for centuries."

Also speaking at the conference is Mary Streufert, director for Justice for Women at ELCA's headquarters in Chicago. She refused comment when asked about her participation.

Interest in the Egyptian goddess is certainly not new in the U.S. In the mid-1970s, she became a flying superhero on the CBS Saturday-morning TV series "Isis."

The program featured actress JoAnna Cameron playing a science teacher who, after unearthing an ancient amulet on an archaeological dig, transforms herself into a superpower-endowed do-gooder by uttering the incantation, "Oh mighty Isis."

Another catchphrase on the show was, "Oh zephyr winds that blow on high. Lift me now so I can fly."

Vigne says today there are "many thousands" of followers of Isis worldwide.

"The important thing is that it's growing enormously. There is this resurgence of interest," she said.

"I think that people are getting annoyed with the normal churches, the established kind of organized religion. I call mine a disorganized religion, humorously. I say I have catma, not dogma."

Read more: Famous denomination welcoming paganism with guided meditations http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=360365#ixzz1cG6TheqV
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 08:10:44 am »

You've got to be kidding me.  *facepalm*  Everything about this denomination is complete blasphemy.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 08:15:13 am »

You've got to be kidding me.  *facepalm*  Everything about this denomination is complete blasphemy.

everything about this is the future
Report Spam   Logged

seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:50:41 am »

you know i forget what bible teacher i listened to that mentioned something about the pagan movement always involves homosexuality. which i really begin to see that. the 2 seem to go hand in hand.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 09:33:00 am »

you know i forget what bible teacher i listened to that mentioned something about the pagan movement always involves homosexuality. which i really begin to see that. the 2 seem to go hand in hand.

could it be this? he mentions that in this teaching around the 45 minute mark. a good explanation, "paganism breeds sodomy".

The SIN of Sodom 10/16/2011

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=101611134008

Lamentations 4:5-6. Today we will look at the subject of "the sin of Sodom". Why did God destroy this city? What sin were the men committing, and why did God find this sin to be "VERY grievous"?

Do the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah still exist today? What can the wicked learn from these cities of "ash"?

What is a "sodomite"? Are these people born this way? Are they worthy of death? Can they be saved?

These are the questions which we address in today's sermon.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:22:21 pm by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 10:00:22 am »

everything about this is the future

Indeed.  It still blows me away that I am witnessing the very words of prophecy.
Report Spam   Logged
Watchman57
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 05:24:54 pm »

This is disgusting but is becoming more common in America today.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=360365
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 11:13:46 pm »

It was only a few years ago when I NEVER thought in my entire lifetime we would be witnessing the last days prophecies unfolding.

But OTOH, I myself is a Gen-Xer guy(that grew up with MTV and Pepsi), so I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Yes, it is disgusting, but remember Jesus said when we see things things, we should look up b/c our redemption draweth nigh.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:15 am »

Yes sickening (green dude)

This is what happens when people follow a man - Luther rather than God.

Satan has in mind the things of man, where as the Christian has in mind the things of Heaven.
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 02:14:20 pm »

It was only a few years ago when I NEVER thought in my entire lifetime we would be witnessing the last days prophecies unfolding.

But OTOH, I myself is a Gen-Xer guy(that grew up with MTV and Pepsi), so I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Yes, it is disgusting, but remember Jesus said when we see things things, we should look up b/c our redemption draweth nigh.

Me too man - same in all regards there.
Report Spam   Logged

... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”  (2 Peter 3)
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »

Asked to explain the church's theology, Rev. Rohrer said, "Being Christian and being feminist are not two opposite ends of the spectrum."

She said her church is "creating caring economics and creating a world where every person's identity is held up with its integrity, creating equal playing fields for every human being."

"The U.N. continues to say if we're able to educate women globally, we will probably eliminate poverty," she added.

And right there we see the agenda. It's like it's a pr machine for world religion.
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 10:39:43 am »

As long as greed exists - so will poverty.
Report Spam   Logged

... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”  (2 Peter 3)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 04:00:55 am »

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/29660024120134259988810.jpg/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: