End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 07:29:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Falling Away

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Falling Away  (Read 34376 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2012, 08:47:22 am »

^^

And throw in all those 501c3 pastors who got their training from these corrupt seminaries using perverted version whom people largely listen to as well.

Even my current pastor once said Christians and Muslims worship the same God, how Masons aren't bad people, and referred to God as the "All Seeing Eye" once.

No, he's not a Mason, but I think he is brainwashed in the current corrupt SBC system, as many other SBC/"denomination" pastors have been.(Yeah, I know, I've talked about leaving my current church, but will talk about it in its respective thread)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2012, 09:08:00 am »

Even my current pastor once said Christians and Muslims worship the same God, how Masons aren't bad people, and referred to God as the "All Seeing Eye" once.

so do Catholics...
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,1837.msg5595.html#msg5595
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2012, 05:04:39 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2012, 11:45:13 am »

Thanks to Mark for posting this in the Shout Box

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-fastest-growing-religion-in-america-is-islam

5/1/12

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

Do you know what the fastest growing religion in America is?  It isn't Christianity.  According to the latest U.S. Religion Census that was just released on May 1, 2012, the fastest growing religion in America is Islam.  The data for the census was compiled by the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies, and the results were released by the Association of Religion Data Archives.  From the year 2000 to the year 2010, the census found that the number of Muslims living inside the United States increased by about 1 million to 2.6 million - a stunning increase of 66.7 percent.  That is an astounding rate of growth.  Meanwhile, most Christian denominations had rates of growth that were far below the overall rate of population growth in the United States, and some Christian denominations actually lost members.  Sadly, when Barack Obama once said that "we are no longer a Christian nation" he wasn't too far off the mark.  Christianity is rapidly losing influence and other religions such as Islam are rapidly gaining members and building new places of worship.  As other major religions such as Islam continue to grow in the United States, it is inevitable that this will reshape America in many different ways in the years ahead.

So what about other religious groups?

How did they fare according to the U.S. Religion Census?

Well, the following are some of the growth rates for major religious organizations from the year 2000 to the year 2010....

Mormons: +45.5%

Evangelical Protestants: +1.7% (far behind the overall rate of population growth)

Catholics: -5.0%

Mainline Protestants: -12.8% (an astounding decline)

But it was Islam that experienced the most explosive growth.

According to Ihsan Bagby, a professor of Islamic Studies at the University of Kentucky, there were about 1,200 mosques in America back in the year 2000.

According to this new census, there are now 2,106.

All over the United States we are seeing "mega-mosques" being constructed, and in many cases the funding is coming from overseas.

And these mega-mosques are not going unused.  In some areas of the country, Islamic communities are experiencing absolutely explosive growth.

The following example comes from a recent USA Today article....

Imam Muhammad Musri, president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, saw growth explode by a whopping 473 percent in and around Orlando's Orange County, according to the RCMS study, and he thinks the growth is actually double the 10,000 new Muslims reported by the study.

He said Muslim growth has been fueled by a wave of post-9/11 converts, American-born children of immigrants having kids of their own, and jobs in the booming medical industry. In central Florida, he said, Muslims are just following everyone else in search of "better weather, cheaper prices, cheaper homes."

A lot of this growth is being fueled by immigration.  A survey conducted by the Pew Research Center back in 2007 discovered that 39 percent of all adult Muslims living in America were immigrants that had arrived in the United States since 1990.

This rapid influx of Muslims is reshaping communities all over America.  For example, Muslim students now account for approximately 10 percent of the total number of students in the New York City School District.

And all over the country many school districts are now changing their school calendars to observe Islamic holidays.

In fact, in Dearborn, Michigan football practices are actually scheduled around Ramadan.  The following is from a Fox News article....

In Dearborn, Mich., where schools are closed on both the day before and the day of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, the predominantly-Muslim football team has switched its two-a-day summer practice schedule to 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. during Ramadan, so that Muslim players -- who fast while the sun is up – won't be forced to practice in the heat without drinking water.

The move received little backlash in Dearborn, because most of the football players are Muslims.
Dearborn is located just outside of Detroit, and it contains one of the densest Arab communities outside of the Middle East.  Each day, the local mosque's call to prayer can be clearly heard all over the city.  Dearborn is a clear example of why we can no longer call America a "Christian nation".

But Islam is not the only non-Christian religion that is growing rapidly in America.

The latest U.S. Religion Census found that non-Christian groups grew by 32 percent overall from the year 2000 to the year 2010.

Meanwhile, as I have written about previously, the decline of Christianity in America is accelerating.

Back in 1990, one survey found that 86 percent of all Americans identified themselves as "Christian" of one sort or another.

By 2008, only 76 percent of all Americans identified themselves as "Christian" of one sort or another.

Meanwhile, atheism and the "not religious" are experiencing huge gains in numbers.  For example, the U.S. Census Bureau says that the number of Americans with "no religion" more than doubled between 1990 and 2008.

Even many of those that still apply the label of "Christian" to themselves are not very committed.  The latest U.S. Religion Census found that approximately 150 million Americans are not actively engaged with any religious community at all.  That is nearly half of the population.

So America is changing.

It is becoming less religious and it is becoming less Christian.

What is your opinion about all of this?

Please feel free to post a comment with your thoughts below....
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 10:05:55 pm »

No, I'm not saying what they're doing is wrong, per se, but it's the DECEPTIONS around this that these groups don't see. Seriously - yeah, this could hurt Obama, but look who his OPPONENT is! It's not like Obama's opponent has any kind of out-wardness of being Christian. Churchianity and these pro-family groups really need to be careful in terms of the pits of deceptions around them.

1Pe_5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marriage-rivals-see-gains-obama-remarks-225332792.html

Gay-marriage rivals see gains from Obama remarks

NEW YORK (AP) — From the left and the right, rival sides in the gay-marriage debate claimed they would reap Election Day benefits from President Barack Obama's long-awaited declaration that he supports same-sex couples' right to wed.

For some gays, however, the politics were secondary to an emotional embrace of what they viewed as history in the making.

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marriage-adds-complexity-swing-states-221516283.html

Gay marriage adds complexity in swing states

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — President Barack Obama's support for gay marriage adds a new layer of complexity for voters — especially independents — in battleground states that will decide the race for the White House.

While the economy is certain to dominate the campaign over the next six months, gay marriage could have an impact at the margins in key states from Colorado to Ohio to Virginia by influencing voter turnout among important constituencies, among them minorities, young voters and evangelicals.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2012, 02:59:05 pm »

Oh boy...we'll see how many Baptist/Protestant organizations get on the Romney/Mormon bandwagon before the Nov Prez election.
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/12/11676215-mormon-romney-delivers-commencement-speech-at-baptist-university?lite

Mormon Romney delivers commencement speech at Baptist university

By Andrew Rafferty, NBC News

LYNCHBURG, Va. -- Delivering a commencement address at the country's largest Christian school, presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney on Saturday defended traditional marriage and said there is common ground between his Mormon faith and that of the largely evangelical crowd.

Speaking to more than 30,000 packed into Liberty University's football stadium, Romney drew his loudest applause from his proclamation: "Marriage is a relationship between one man and one woman."

But it was one of the few specifics the former Massachusetts governor gave at the deeply religious campus.

Liberty's decision to invite Romney, a Mormon, to deliver the commencement at the Christian school founded by Baptist Minister Jerry Falwell drew criticism from some on campus who feel Romney's beliefs contradict the school's teachings.  The university offers a theology course that describes Mormonism as a cult.  Roll Eyes

Romney only alluded to his faith, telling the crowd: "People of different faiths, like yours and mine, sometimes wonder where we can meet in common purpose, when there are so many differences in creed and theology. Surely the answer is that we can meet in service, in shared moral convictions about our nation stemming from a common worldview."

The candidate's religion was never directly addressed, but the school's chancellor and son of its founder, Jerry Falwell Jr., seemed to scratch the surface of some of this community's concerns in his introduction of Romney.

"My father often preached that Christians should vote for the candidate whose positions on the political issues are most closely aligned with their own," said Falwell. "Not the candidate who shares his or her faith or theology. We are, after all, electing a commander-in-chief, not a pastor or religious leader."

While many in the audience were impressed by the 20-minute address, especially Romney's hardline stance in support of traditional marriage, there was also acknowledgment that his Mormonism will make it more difficult for the Republican to fire up young evangelical voters.

Members if the Class of 2012 frequently cited that, personally, religion did not disqualify anyone from the White House. But many were also quick to add that they knew others who did not share their view.

"I think that he did a really great job, considering he came in front of thousands of people that he knew disagreed with certain things," said Sara Colein, who graduated Saturday. Still, the Maryland native was quick to acknowledge Romney's problem with the crowd here is "the fact that he is a Mormon and certain differences we have when it comes to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Jones, also a member of the Class of 2012 said, "I think the one thing that is going to be the glaring problem is going to be the deity of Jesus Christ."   

Still, Jones, added, "I think that, if you compare him to Obama, I think yes, we'll side with him a lot better than we will Obama."

Speaking at Liberty University is a right of passage for conservative politicians, who come here to pay homage to an important block of the Republican Party.  Former GOP presidential hopefuls Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain visited the school in the fall, each touting the importance of God and reinforcing their commitment to the evangelical values preached at the university.

But leading up to Saturday's address, Romney advisers made clear the candidate would not go in depth on the issues. "It is a speech for the graduates and their parents," one adviser said.

And though it had more political implications than his campaign originally let on, it was, largely, a graduation speech.

"Today, thanks to what you have gained here, you leave Liberty with conviction and confidence as your armor. You know what you believe. You know who you are. And you know whom you will serve. Not all colleges instill that kind of confidence, but it will be among the most prized qualities from your education here," said Romney. "Moral certainty, clear standards, and a commitment to spiritual ideals will set you apart in a world that searches for meaning."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2012, 07:33:19 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/evangelical-students-mormon-romney-warm-reception-202732072--abc-news-politics.html

5/12/12

LYNCHBURG, Va. - When Jacob Pearce sat down in his folding chair near the 50-yard line on Liberty University's football field, he said he was holding his breath.

Pearce told ABC News his nerves weren't due to his impending graduation, but instead because of the chosen commencement speaker: presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney.

"I was holding my breath when they announced him," Pearce told ABC News. "I was just hoping there weren't any 'boos.'"

Pearce's fear - which was not realized here today - was shared by many of his classmates, more than a dozen of whom were interviewed by ABC News. Most, like Pearce, had resoundingly positive things to say about Romney's address, regardless of their pre-event jitters.

Many shared concerns that their classmates wouldn't be respectful of the politician's Mormon faith, the values of which differ greatly from those of many of the students enrolled at the evangelical university.

"I was worried he was going to get a bad reception," Pearce said. "But it was really good. [Romney] steers away from really specific religious things."

Romney never mentioned his Mormon faith by name during his speech, instead referencing broadly the differences of his faith and those 30,000 audience members packed into the stadium, remarking, "People of different faiths, like yours and mine, sometimes wonder where we can meet in common purpose, when there are so many differences in creed and theology."

The answer, Romney said, was to "meet in service" and "shared moral convictions."

Aides to Romney had prefaced the speech by warning that it "wasn't a speech about Mormonism," adding that the former governor would talk about the "big picture of how Judeo Christian traditions" can make for a good life.

Mary Hunter, another student who graduated today, shared some of Pearce's reservations about the speech, but described Romney's speech as "awesome."

"I know not everyone as excited about him being here, but I was one of the ones really got into it," she said.

Hunter said that she doesn't have a "lot of feelings" about Mormonism, and "we all worship the same God in my opinion."

"He is very strong in his faith and we need someone who is going to be strong in their faith to lead this country," she said.

Sarah Colein, another graduate, said she had been "curious" as to how Romney would handle their differing faiths during the speech, and thought he did a "good job" reaching a balance.

"Yeah, there are things I don't agree with necessarily, but I think he did a good job," she said. "I was definitely curious as to the way he was going to approach the university, knowing that there are certain differences we have, like certain beliefs we disagree with."

Graduate Lindsey Burnette described Romney as "Christ-like," and fellow graduate Daniel Rodriguez said he believes Romney has "moral grounds that are important to the evangelical society," both offering the candidate strong endorsements among a population he's straining to appeal to.

A few audience members did say that they would have preferred the university to have chosen someone other than Romney to give the address, among them parent John Willis, who said he thought the speech was "calculated."

"I think it was calculated. He said the right things," said Willis, who said he voted for Rick Santorum in the Virginia primary. "There was a lot of political speech, but that's to be expected for this situation."

Willis said his view of the candidate was buoyed by his affirmation that he believes marriage is a union between a man and a woman, a viewpoint Romney reasserted during his speech here, sparking a standing ovation from the crowd.

"I would have preferred [the university] to get someone more closely aligned with the Baptist directives as a speaker rather than Gov. Romney," Willis said. "But I'm leaving with a positive new respect for him."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2012, 10:49:34 pm »

http://ephesians511blog.blogspot.com/2012/05/breaking-news-to-apostate-church-in.html

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:17 am »

Saw this off of a bible seminary web site(a Baptist one at that) which lists all the Graduate Degree Programs, some of these are really eyepopping...

• MDiv Standard
 • MDiv Distance Learning Track
 • MDiv with Specialization in Biblical Languages This is a joke, right Huh
 • MDiv with Specialization in Biblical Studies
 • MDiv with Specialization in Christian Apologetics
 • MDiv with Specialization in Christian Education
 • MDiv with Specialization in Christian Thought
 • MDiv with Specialization in Evangelistic Church Growth
 • MDiv with Specialization in Expository Preaching So there's many flavors of preaching now Huh
 • MDiv with Specialization in Leadership (Concentration in Pastoral Leadership)
 • MDiv with Specialization in Pastoral Ministry
 • MDiv with Specialization in Philosophy [formerly: Philosophy and Ethics]
 • MDiv with Specialization in Worship Ministries (Preaching Concentration)
 • MDiv--Church Ministry Track (Concentration in Pastoral Ministry)
 • Graduate Certificate in Biblical Preaching
 • Graduate Certificate in Biblical Languages
 • Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies
 • Graduate Certificate in Bi-Vocational Ministry
 • Graduate Certificate in Christian Apologetics
 • Graduate Certificate in Greek Studies
 • Graduate Certificate in Hebrew Studies

• Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry
 • Graduate Certificate in Church Leadership
 • Graduate Certificate in Theological and Historical Studies

Chaplain

• MDiv with Specialization in Pastoral Care
 • MDiv with Specialization in Counseling (Non-Licensure Track)
 • Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry
 • Graduate Certificate in Church Leadership

Evangelist/Minister of Evangelism

• MDiv with Specialization in Evangelistic Church Growth
 • MDiv with Specialization in Church Planting: North American Track or International Track
 • MDiv with Specialization in Islamic Studies [new Specialization]
 • Graduate Certificate in Evangelistic Church Growth
 • Graduate Certificate in Church Planting

Minister of Education

• MDiv with Specialization in Leadership (Concentration in Ministry Leadership and Administration)
 • MDiv--Church Ministry Track (Concentration in Church Staff and Ministry Leadership)
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Leadership and Administration, Generalist, Educational Foundations)

Minister of Music/Worship Leader So now it's wrong to stick with the traditional hymns Huh

• MDiv with Specialization in Worship Ministries (Music Concentration)
 • MDiv with Specialization in Church Music
 • Master of Music in Church Music
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Church Music)
 • Master of Arts in Worship Ministries
 • Graduate Certificate in Worship Ministries

Christian Counselor Psychologist

• MDiv with Specialization in Counseling (Licensure Track) [formerly: Counseling]
 • MDiv with Specialization in Counseling (Non-Licensure Track) [formerly: Psychology and Counseling]
 • MDiv with Specialization in Pastoral Care
 • Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling

Teacher/Writer

• MDiv with Specialization in Biblical Languages
 • MDiv with Specialization in Christian Thought
 • MDiv with Specialization in Islamic Studies [new Specialization] So now they're training future pastors to preach from the Qu'ran from the pulpits? Angry
 • MDiv with Specialization in Philosophy [formerly: Philosophy and Ethics] So you can get a secular degree from a bible seminary now?  Angry
 • Master of Arts (Biblical Studies)
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education
 • Master of Arts (Theology)
 • Master of Theology (Prerequisite: MDiv or equivalency)
 • Graduate Certificate in History of Christianity
 • Graduate Certificate in History of Christianity (Advanced)
 • (Or other specialized areas of study)

Minister to Children

• MDiv in Christian Education (Concentration in Childhood Education)
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Childhood Education)

Minister to Youth/Recreation-Wellness Huh New Age?

• MDiv with Specialization in Christian Education (Concentration in Youth/Recreation-Wellness)
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Youth/Recreation-Wellness)

Collegiate Minister

• MDiv (Collegiate Ministry Track--One year internship)
 • MDiv with Specialization in Christian Education (Concentration in Collegiate Ministry)
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Collegiate Ministry)
 • Graduate Certificate n Christian Apologetics

Minister to Adults

• MDiv with Specialization in Christian Education (Concentration in Adult Education, Gerontology)
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Adult Education, Gerontology)

Minister to Women

• MDiv in Christian Education (Concentration in Women’s Ministry)
 • MDiv with Specialization in Women’s Studies Promoting Feminism Huh
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Women’s Ministry)

Social Work Ministry

• MDiv with Specialization in Christian Education (Concentration in Social Work)
 • Master of Arts in Christian Education (Concentration in Social Work)
• Graduate Certificate in Church Community Ministries

International Missionary

• MDiv with Specialization in Church Planting (International Track)
 • MDiv with Specialization in Missions
 • MDiv with Specialization in Missions Strategies [formerly: People Group Strategies]
 • Master of Arts in Missiology
 • Graduate Certificate in Islamic Studies
 • Graduate Certificate in Islamic Studies (Advanced)
 • Graduate Certificate in Missions
 • Graduate Certificate in Missions (Advanced)

North American Missionary/Church Planter/Minister of Missions

• MDiv with Specialization in Church Planting (North American Track)
 • MDiv with Specialization in Missions
• MDiv with Specialization in Leadership (Concentration in Pastoral Leadership)
 • MDiv with Specialization in Pastoral Ministry
 • MDiv with Specialization in Urban Missions
 • Master of Arts in Missiology
 • Graduate Certificate in Bi-Vocational Ministry NOONE can serve TWO masters!
 • Graduate Certificate in Islamic Studies
 • Graduate Certificate in Islamic Studies (Advanced)
 • Graduate Certificate in Missions
 • Graduate Certificate in Missions (Advanced)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:57:24 am by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 12:18:58 pm »

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-21/world/religion.mega.church.christian_1_mega-churches-worshippers-joel-osteen?_s=PM:WORLD

Mega churches mean big business

1/21/2010

Mega churches across the United States are becoming increasingly popular which is not only bringing thousands of worshippers together, but also billions of dollars in profit.

From self-help books to CDs and DVDs, mega churches are becoming big money makers for the pastors and ministries they are a part of.

Mega churches are extra-large churches that can accommodate upwards of 15,000 people and are common among members of the evangelical Christian faith.

Scott Thumma, professor of sociology and religion at Hartford Seminary told CNN that "the mega church on average has about $6.5 million in income a year."

"If you put together all the mega churches in the United States, that's easily several billion dollars."

Many ministers in the evangelical faith have become superstars in their own right -- Joel Osteen is one in particular.

Osteen is a pastor at the Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas and his televised service reaches over seven million people each week across the United States and around the world.

The Lakewood Church which Osteen is in charge of has a yearly budget of more than $80 million, but church officials deny that it's about money.

"We hear the criticism a bit, but we don't hear it as much as you think we would," Donald Iloff Junior, advisor for Lakewood Church said.

"One thing you find very absent is the asking of money and never once have we asked for money or donations on television."

However, some critics argue that it's hard to be both a pastor and someone in charge of a yearly budget in the tens of millions.

"When you have pastors thinking of themselves as CEOs, it's hard to tell the difference between a pastor and P-Diddy," Jonathan Walton, Assistant Professor of religious studies at the University of California Riverside told CNN.

The way the sermon is told at these mega churches has also completely changed.

"The plasma screen TVs have replaced crosses, Power Point-like presentations of the words of songs and liturgical practices have replaced the hymnals," Walton said.

"This really resonates with a younger generation."

The average age of a mega church worshipper is 40 years old -- 13 years younger than at a traditional church.

Mega church worshippers tend to not only be younger, but also more diverse.

"One thinks of them as a homogeneous group of white suburban American, but in fact when you go to most of the mega churches, you're going to find diversity of age, income and education levels," Thumma said.

"You can also find racial diversity because in almost 30 percent of these mega churches across the country, you have 20 percent or more integration of ethnic groups so it really is quite staggering."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 09:51:52 pm »

FYI, Tony Perkins is part of the globalists...

Family Research Council, Tony Perkins, To Sup With Gay Marriage Activist

5/29/12

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=9374

Associated Press

NEWTON, MA – They’re on opposite sides of the “gay marriage” issue, but the executive director of the Family Equality Council and her female partner have invited the president of the Family Research Council and his wife to dinner.

The Family Equality Council’s Jennifer Chrisler says she mailed the invitation to Tony Perkins, whose Family Research Council has led campaigns to define marriage as only the union of a man and a woman.

Chrisler says she and her wife have 10-year-old twins whom they take to church and Sunday school and try to teach Christian values, so she hopes getting together over dinner will show Perkins that their families have a lot in common.

Family Research Council spokesman J.P. Duffy says Perkins has told CNN that once the invitation arrives “he and his wife will find a time that works.” Click here for source.

Related Scriptures:

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient. (Romans 1:26-28)

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. (2 Thessalonians 3:6)

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »

Disclaimers: this article does NOT use the KJV, but nonetheless a good read, and this is an old 10+ year old article.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1527.cfm

TITLE:SALVATION ARMY IN BED WITH ROME!

Subtitle:  Coming One World Church Headed by the Pope Claims Yet Another Victim:  The Salvation Army!!  Yet another huge sign the End of the Age spiritual deception and unity is upon us.

Every year we see them standing outside the stores, ringing their bells, asking for donations to help the poor. We give freely believing that they will not only feed them with food for their bodies, but food for their souls. They are the Salvation Army. Their name alone makes one believe that the thrust of this movement is to get men saved, to spread the precious gospel seed of Jesus Christ. They reach out to the drug addict, the drunkard, the homeless, the poor and needy. I’m sure that Ephesians 5:11 has been preached on more than one occasion to those drunkards who wanted to go sit in the bar and spend their last dollars on alcohol instead of their needy families:

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”

This command was not just for the drunkards, prostitutes or thieves, but to all who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus. Some evils are obvious, some are not so obvious, but evil is evil and darkness is darkness and the command is the same, “have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness” and “reprove them”.

We recently received a letter from one reader, James Sundquist, who attended a Salvation Army church for two years, ministering in music, preaching, teaching a Bible study, and praying with and for them. His reason for attending this church was “that they still sang many songs about the Blood of Jesus and the urgency of the Great Commission.”

When James got a flier in his mailbox, depicting a Roman Catholic Cardinal conducting services at one of the main retreat services of The Salvation Army, he said, “My heart just broke. I was in total shock.” His initial thought was “There must be some others in our local church as well as the Salvation Army in general who might have received that brochure and were equally disturbed by this infusion of the RC in the church.” James was in for his second shock! “I could find NONE who were dismayed or concerned. NONE who were thankful that I had exposed this heresy. And as Paul said ‘are there NONE wise among you’?”

James wanted to be faithful and give the man responsible for having a Catholic cardinal preaching at a Salvation Army pulpit every chance to repent. He followed Matthew 18 and privately went to him explaining that the doctrines of Rome are idolatrous and blasphemous. The man did not care, so James wrote to his superiors to voice his concern. To his dismay, they took up the cause of Roman Catholicism and defended them as “Christian brothers”. James felt completely undone. He explains:

“A further problem in the Catholic-like hierarchy of the Salvation Army, is that there is not a mechanism for enforcing compliance when a leader goes astray, but simply watch in horror as a captain drives his ship right on to the rocks. You can confront a brother (Captain) but there is no accountability to ensure compliance if he is acting unbiblical [sic].”

This weakness of a hierarchical organization is the major reason the original Christian Church was not set up that way, but rather as individual local churches.  Satan has been able to corrupt and lead astray all churches who organized themselves as a hierarchy.

James confesses,

“It is only out of love for the people of God and the Salvation Army and obedience to Scripture that I, with great heaviness of heart, am making it public. It was the LAST resort. We are no longer able to give financially either to the Salvation Army because in our hearts we would be funding an unholy alliance. I know that a host of Christians in other denominations give to the Salvation Army. BUT I AM CERTAIN THAT MANY OF THEM WOULD NO LONGER GIVE TO THEM IF IT WERE MADE KNOWN TO THEM THAT THE SALVATION ARMY HAD MADE THIS UNHOLY ALLIANCE WITH ROMAN CATHOLICISM. We must not be deceived, a little leaven does not leaven just a little of the lump, but the WHOLE lump!”

James certainly knows his Scripture, for the Apostle Paul does warn that just a "little leaven" [false teaching] ruins the whole lump of dough.  Yet, most Catholics and too many Christians put up with truck loads of false teaching without leaving the church.  Man seems to have an unlimited capacity to find excuses for evil and corrupt teaching, especially at this End of the Age when an exceedingly powerful demonic spirit of false spiritual teaching is sweeping the entire earth.

James struggled with this decision and considered it to be a great personal tragedy;

“I have loved the people of the Salvation Army and many of them have loved me and been a great refuge to me. And many will feel betrayed by me for making this public. But the betrayal has already occurred when they invited the Roman Catholic Cardinal to minister to their sheep. And in the end I have not done them a favor by simply looking the other way. I am sure they hope I will simply go away. But Christians forfeited that option when they became Christians!”

In desperation, James wrote to us:

“Dear Rebecca, I note with great gratitude your exposes of Roman Catholicism on your website. In this regard, I invite you to read and make known to your readers the following: I am enclosing a website which reveals that Roman Catholicism has sadly invaded the Salvation Army. At the Montclair Salvation Army Corps we received a brochure and picture of Cardinal Bernard Law conducting an ecumenical service at Salvation Army's Old Orchard Beach Pavilion on July 21. (Ecumenism is a leaven of apostasy that has invaded a large percentage of all Protestant denominations, but I never thought it would invade the Salvation Army. William Booth would turn over in his grave!!). James Sundquist”

more
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:01:34 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2012, 10:25:47 am »

GOOD ARTICLE!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2012, 08:33:53 am »

Is the GOP ready for its own gay candidate?

6/5/12

Spinners and Winners

Richard Tisei is running for Congress with an unusual resume. He's a Republican from Massachusetts who is pro-choice, openly gay, and in favor of gay marriage. And yet despite running diametrically opposed to  where most of the party is on social issues, Tisei is considered by top Republicans to be one of the top GOP candidates challenging incumbents this election

"I consider myself a live and let live Republican. I think the government should get off your back, out of your wallet and away from the bedroom," Tisei says. On social  issues he says the parties needs to "have advocates on both sides of the isle or you're never going to have true equality."

And Tisei is even willing to do something most Republican candidates for Congress never do - - same something positive about President Obama.  Tisei praised Obama for saying his position on gay marriage has evolved and he now favors it.

"I'm glad he has evolved to the point right now. He went through the same process I think most Americans are right now. They're interacting with a lot of gay people and they're recognizing, you know, that everybody should be treated fairly under the law…. I think it was an important step and I'm glad that he did it," he says.

Tisei even thinks his fellow Massachusetts resident, Mitt Romney, might evolve on the issue of gay marriage, too.

"I think the country as a whole is. I mean everybody knows gay people now… and it's really broken down barriers and given people the chance to interact. I think most Americans are fair, and they understand that everybody should be treated equally under the law, and we shouldn't discriminate against anyone, and I do think that as time goes on that will be the majority view in this country."

But on economic issues like health care, Tisei is lock step with most Republican candidates.

"Definitely repeal it, I think it's a job killer….it's going to bankrupt the country."  he said.

But he is in favor of the health care plan in Massachusetts that then-governmor Romney pushed through and that has many similarities to the Obama health care law passed by Congress.  "What we did in Massachusetts isn't necessarily going to work in other states. Every state's different and I think Governor Romney's right, every state should be able to come up with their own solutions and ultimately that's what we're going to need in the country to solve some of the healthcare problems."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/gop-ready-own-gay-candidate-101938870.html
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2012, 12:46:42 pm »

I've always had the impression that the Salvation Army was Catholic-driven.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2012, 12:26:04 pm »

Brannon House talked about how Obamacare could lead to religious ecumenism over the long haul...

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-voters-final-health-care-law-143118921.html

GOP: Voters will have final say on health care law

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican congressional leaders said Sunday that voters — not the Supreme Court — will have the final word on President Barack Obama's health care law come November. And they are betting that the law's unpopularity will be enough to drive Democrats from power.

The White House's response? Bring it on.

"We've got one last chance here to beat Obamacare, and we can do that in the November election," said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, calling the law the "single worst piece of legislation" passed in modern times.

White House chief of staff Jack Lew countered that he believes most Americans want to put the health care debate to rest.

"I actually think the American people want us to focus on the economy, on creating jobs and moving forward," said Lew.

Republicans and Democrats have been wrangling for the upper hand in the health care debate since last week's Supreme Court ruling upholding the law's mandate that individuals buy health insurance or face a penalty. Chief Justice John Roberts, a conservative, provided the pivotal vote in that decision by ruling that the penalty was legal under the government's taxing authority.

While technically handing a political victory to Obama, Roberts' ruling invigorated Republicans eager to cast the law as a new tax.

"The American people do not want to go down this path," said House Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio. "They do not want the government telling them what kind of insurance policy they have to buy, and how much they have to pay for it, and if you don't like it we're going to tax you."

Democrats refute the characterization of the law. Lew said the mandate would impact only 1 percent of Americans — those who can afford health insurance but refuse to buy it.

"This is a penalty on free riders," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

Yet public opposition to the health care law remains high. Forty-seven percent of respondents in a recent Associated Press-GfK poll said they oppose the law while 33 percent said they support it.

However, much of the polling does find strong support for individual elements, like allowing young adults to remain on their parents' plan to age 26. Some Democrats see that as an opening to reframe the debate.

Republicans say they believe last week's ruling by the high court gives them fresh ammunition to attack Obama — and the Democrats who support him — in the upcoming election because of the health care bill's connection to jobs. The GOP says the law puts onerous mandates on industry that could stifle job creation.

"I think it's intertwined with the economy, and I think it's an example where Washington doesn't get it," said Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., of the health care bill.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Sunday that Republicans, including Mitt Romney, are "being the mouthpiece of the health care industry" and that the bill will actually improve the economy.

"The costs were unsustainable," she said of the current health care system. "It's a competitiveness issue for business and for our economy. So we had to (come) to a place where we lowered costs to all concerned, and that we again take it down a path where we continue to lower costs."

If given control of the Senate next year, McConnell said he would support using budget reconciliation rules to repeal the health care law. Doing so would prohibit Senate filibusters and require only 51 votes to succeed. In 2010, Republicans lambasted Democrats for relying on these rules to pass the health care bill, calling their tactics unusual and hyperpartisan.

McConnell said he'll do whatever it takes to repeal the law.

"I'm confident they're going to give us the votes to repeal it," he said of the American public.

The House is scheduled to vote to overturn the law on July 9. The vote will largely be symbolic since the Democrats control the Senate. But it will put lawmakers on record for the upcoming political campaign.

McConnell and Lew spoke on "Fox News Sunday." Boehner, Schumer and Coburn spoke on CBS' "Face the Nation." Pelosi spoke on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2012, 03:01:25 pm »

It's amazing how the masses(including myself) have been deceived into thinking we have to "attend" a "church building" every Sunday to get our ticket into eternal life.

Even if the pastor preaches lukewarm messages, even if the church is lukewarm, even if the church does abominable things, even if there are Freemasons in the pews/on the pulpits, etc, etc...we have to somehow be there to "be an example to others". If we do anything else outside of "being an example"(for example, showing scripture to the pastor if he's out of line, or to the deacons and Sunday School teachers for that matter too), then we're "judging" them.

Really? So if acting like a "good person" would be a "good example" to get people to repent? Is that how you feed sheep, just "being nice" to them and giving out junk food candy?

It's come to a point where it's like attending a carnival every week, or even worse, it's giving men and women an impression nowdays to find their "future spouse".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2012, 01:38:08 pm »

didnt you say you had a starbucks coffee shop in your church? right next to the merrie go round, and oarnge julious
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »

didnt you say you had a starbucks coffee shop in your church? right next to the merrie go round, and oarnge julious

No, not at mine, but at a megachurch in the metroplex who's pastor/"missionary" we crossed paths with 3 years ago.

But LOL - today's "church" has literally become a carnival and a mega-mall, hasn't it? BTW - even though there's mostly old, "conservative" folks at my church, the pastor has all but let in that Christian "Rock" music b/c the young youth ministers wanted to. It's as if today's pastors have been feminized, largely b/c of the perverted bibles they've turned to.

I know I should leave that church(it's a long story, and have explained my situation before). Nonetheless, alot of the things they do has gotten me a bit mad.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2012, 01:51:00 pm »

Mega-Churches Offer Prayer, Play, Shopping

Americans are known for their love of "super-sizing" -- from French fries to cars to houses -- and on this Easter Sunday, many Americans are celebrating on a much larger scale, in huge congregations known as "mega-churches," where people can do much more than just worship.

These mega-churches are places where members can not only pray, but work out in a gym, eat at a food court or browse in a bookstore. And they are becoming more popular across the country.

All-in-One Churches
For the Ellis family of Plano, Texas, church is not some chore to attend to on Easter Sunday. It's not even just a Sunday outing. The Ellises spend as much time at Prestonwood Baptist Church as they do at their home.

"In our family we almost kid, because we spend so much time up here, just because we love it," said Johnson Ellis. "There's just a lot of fun things up here."

Prestonwood is not a simple church -- its sprawling campus covers 140 acres.

Dad works out at Prestonwood, and mom, Beth, teaches religion. The kids, Graham and Sheridan, hang out in the children's section, and their older sister, Landen, goes to school at Prestonwood and sings in the choir.

Prestonwood has sports fields, an arcade, small bible-study groups and a bookstore on what is called Main Street. There is even a food court where the Ellises frequently eat, complete with a Starbucks.

For the Ellis kids, church is actually fun.

"It's not like, 'Oh, gosh, I have to go to church and be bored and have them spit scripture in my face,' " said Landen. "It's like it's fun and they make it great to learn."

Worshipping With Thousands
Prestonwood's worship center seats 7,000, but even that isn't big enough to hold all of the members.

Every weekend, there are three services to accommodate Prestonwood's membership of 24,000 people.

"It's like a small town in a big city. And what a blessing to be able to come together with people with like values," said Beth Ellis.

The Rev. Jack Graham is astounded by the seemingly unending flood of people wanting to join the church.

"It truly is remarkable to me," the pastor said. "I give an invitation every week, invite people to come forward to accept Christ or to join the church. And they just keep coming forward."

Mega-Churches Are Big Business
Mega-churches are booming all over the country, not just in the South.

Scott Thumma, a theologian at Hartford Seminary, compares the phenomenon to shopping at a place like Wal-Mart.

"Just as if you go to a Wal-Mart, you can get all of your lists done in one place, it's sort of one-stop shopping for spirituality as well," Thumma said.

He estimates there are about 850 to 900 mega-churches in the United States now -- each one with more than 2,000 members. That's about 10 times as many as there were in the 1970s.

Mega-churches are also mega-businesses. Prestonwood's annual budget is $25 million, and members are expected to tithe at least 10 percent of their income.

Consumerism Run Amok?
Not everyone has bought into the idea that bigger is better when it comes to church.

Randall Balmer, a theology professor at Barnard College in New York says, "It is in many ways consumerism run amok."

Balmer worries these mega-congregations are too isolated and emphasize consumerism over public service.

"I worry about a congregation so enmeshed into say, for example, a suburban, white, middle-class mentality," he said. "I worry that the full gospel isn't being communicated to these people."

Prestonwood Looks to Get Even Bigger
But the Ellis family says community service is a huge part of what they do here. They agree the size of the place can be overwhelming at first, but for their family, they say, it works.

Beth Ellis says Prestonwood is just keeping up with the fast pace of American life.

"You know, the culture is giving our kids a lot of fast-paced media and all different things that are moving along," she said. "Why can't the church keep up and do the same thing for our kids and for us?"

Johnson Ellis says Prestonwood has been good for family stability.

"Beth and I have been married for about 19 years here in a couple of months," he said. "Really the church is part of the glue, I think, that holds our family together."

There are other practical concerns surrounding mega-churches, such as traffic and the fear that they are putting smaller churches "out of business."

Graham argues that getting more people interested in religious services can only be good for all churches. And Prestonwood is hoping to do just that and looking for ways to expand its 24,000-member base.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Business/story?id=617341&page=1
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2012, 02:35:14 pm »

"It's not like, 'Oh, gosh, I have to go to church and be bored and have them spit scripture in my face,' " said Landen. "It's like it's fun and they make it great to learn."

Huh Sounds like this person DOESN'T want to do bible study, PERIOD.

1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2012, 02:44:04 pm »

"It's not like, 'Oh, gosh, I have to go to church and be bored and have them spit scripture in my face,' "

Just amazing.. you would think that these church people would pick up just a little respect for the Lord. But then i was the same way before i was saved, but i didnt proclaim to be a Christian either.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2012, 02:48:30 pm »

Just amazing.. you would think that these church people would pick up just a little respect for the Lord. But then i was the same way before i was saved, but i didnt proclaim to be a Christian either.

That's the point(in comparison to then and now) - back when I was a boy in the 80's, pretty much all of the PROFESSING unbelievers stayed home on Sundays. Now? It's as if Anton Lavey can walk up to any pulpit in these "churches" and be greeted very kindly.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2012, 03:07:49 pm »

Confidence in U.S. Churches Hits All-Time Low
But organized religion still ranks higher than U.S. citizens' confidence in public schools, banks, and television news.

A fresh update to Gallup's annual "Confidence in Institutions" survey reveals that only 44 percent of Americans today have "a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in 'the church or organized religion.'" Americans ranked organized religion at the top of their confidence list almost every year from 1973 to 1985. Now it is tied with the medical system.

However, such a low vote of confidence is relative in this survey. Trust in organized religion still ranks fourth out of the 16 institutions tested, including public schools, banks, and television news -- which also hit all-time lows in June's poll.

Protestants have more confidence than Catholics, with 56 percent of Protestants expressing "a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in the church/organized religion," compared with only 46 percent of Catholics polled.

CT has commented on American confidence in organized religion many times, including: a defense of organized religion by senior managing editor Mark Galli; a book excerpt from Tony Campolo's Letters to a Young Evangelical; an author Q&A with Kevin DeYoung on Why We Love the Church, which tied for CT's best church/pastoral leadership book of 2010; and a Her.meneutics post analyzing the implications of Jefferson Bethke's "Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus" viral YouTube video.

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/archives/2012/07/us_citizens_con.html?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2012, 09:16:45 am »

Just to throw this out there too - look at the other religious sects that are experiencing a falling away as well...1) Over time when many of Jevohah's Witnesses prophecies didn't come to pass, membership declined. 2) What if Romney doesn't win the Prez election? Oh yeah, potentially many in the Mormon cult will leave b/c they saw the "White Horse Prophecy" didn't come to pass. 3) RCC - with all the pedifile scandals, nuff said.

Ultimately, this is setting the stage for the Antichrist to emerge.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/09/canada-the-world-less-religious-now-than-in-2005-report

Canada, the world less religious now than in 2005: Report

8/9/12

Canada is one of many countries experiencing a significant decline in religiosity, according to a new report that found the number of people around the world who claim to be religious dropped 9% since 2005, while atheism rose 3%.

More than 51,000 men and women in 57 countries were asked, "Irrespective of whether you attend a place of worship or not, would you say you are a religious person, not a religious person or a convinced atheist?"

The Global Index of Religion and Atheism found 59% of respondents think of themselves as religious, 23% as not religious and 13% as convinced atheists.

China has the largest population of atheists (47%). Ghana has the largest population of people who consider themselves religious (96%). Meanwhile, Ireland, once above average in religiosity but rocked by numerous child sex abuse scandals involving the Catholic church, had a drop in those claiming to be religious - from 69% to 47%. Only Vietnam saw a bigger decline, from 53% to 30%. Canada is ninth on the list, with a 12% drop.

The study also found that religiosity declines when people prosper.

"People in bottom income groups are 17% more religious than those in the top income groups. The richer you get, the less religious you define yourself," according to the study.

The study was conducted by WIN-Gallup International between November 2011 and January 2012, with a margin of error of 3-5 percentage points at 95% confidence level.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2012, 03:17:22 pm »

Author Argues 6 Reasons Why Mormons Are Beating Evangelicals in Growth

An author with an evangelical blog has argued that there are six reasons why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is growing faster than evangelical churches in the United States.
In a post titled "6 Reasons Why Mormons Are Beating Evangelicals in Church Growth," David French of The Gospel Coalition listed: Mormons have bigger families, lower divorce rates, share their faith more frequently, are less selfish, have more demanding church leadership, and are more "orthodox."

"No evangelical can call Mormons 'orthodox' in terms of the Apostles' Creed and biblical canon. But they are orthodox within their own, distinct faith tradition," wrote French, an attorney who also contributes works to the National Review Online and the blog Patheos.

"In other words, members of a Mormon church tend to know and believe their faith. Go to a typical evangelical church – like my own Presbyterian congregation – and you'll find very wide theological divergence."

French painted a different picture for evangelicals.

"Our churches face a demographic crisis," he said. "Young people are leaving, even the Southern Baptist Convention is losing members, and when you drill down deeper – comparing church attendance with population growth – the picture looks even more bleak."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/author-argues-6-reasons-why-mormons-are-beating-evangelicals-in-growth-80299/#g68joPbI11gCK0fG.99
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2012, 05:06:08 pm »

Author Argues 6 Reasons Why Mormons Are Beating Evangelicals in Growth

An author with an evangelical blog has argued that there are six reasons why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is growing faster than evangelical churches in the United States.
In a post titled "6 Reasons Why Mormons Are Beating Evangelicals in Church Growth," David French of The Gospel Coalition listed: Mormons have bigger families, lower divorce rates, share their faith more frequently, are less selfish, have more demanding church leadership, and are more "orthodox."

"No evangelical can call Mormons 'orthodox' in terms of the Apostles' Creed and biblical canon. But they are orthodox within their own, distinct faith tradition," wrote French, an attorney who also contributes works to the National Review Online and the blog Patheos.

"In other words, members of a Mormon church tend to know and believe their faith. Go to a typical evangelical church – like my own Presbyterian congregation – and you'll find very wide theological divergence."

My last employer was a Mormon(as well as his big family), I believe.

When he was doing taxes for his son's father-in-law, I remember both of us had a brief discussion of one of the NT books. At first, I was 99% sure they were Christians. But it wasn't until over the long haul that for several reasons, I realized they were Mormons. Point being that alot of these pseudo-christian cults like the Mormons, JW, 7th Day Adventists, etc don't exactly come out and say they are just that. Don't know their intentions, but it's as if they're very secretive of their associations, but at the same time are effectively coming off like they have good understanding of the bible. We've had these same experiences over on PPF.

Anyhow, thought I would add this b/c even though the warning signs are all over the place concerning these cults(ie-even the MSM does a good job exposing them), somehow alot of people, including myself, end up ignoring the neon warning lights and getting deceived when they appear to speak decent doctrine initially.

"Our churches face a demographic crisis," he said. "Young people are leaving, even the Southern Baptist Convention is losing members, and when you drill down deeper – comparing church attendance with population growth – the picture looks even more bleak."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/author-argues-6-reasons-why-mormons-are-beating-evangelicals-in-growth-80299/#g68joPbI11gCK0fG.99

I saw a news report recently over how the Emergent Church is attracting alot of young people - pretty much alot of these young people admitted they were "fed up" with all this political nonsense from the "religious right", and wanted to try something "new". Well guess what...the "religious right" and the EC have alot of connections b/w each other. The Southern Baptist Convention has Emergent Church leaders as members(ie-Rick Warren, Beth Moore and Dallas Willard). Don't be deceived about the SBC "going down the pit". It's been ALL BY DESIGN to help usher in this OWR.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »

Oh boy...how many times have we been down this "But Christians need to VOTE in this coming election!" road before? Roll Eyes

And let's not forget too that Romney supports the NDAA bill as well.

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/04/13645398-chuck-norris-america-faces-1000-years-of-darkness-if-obama-wins-re-election?lite

Chuck Norris and his wife Gena made a YouTube video encouraging evangelical Christians to oust President Barack Obama, with Norris warning that the nation stands on the brink of "socialism or something much worse."

Gena Norris also quotes a 1964 speech by Ronald Reagan, saying that failed actions "will sentence (our children) to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness." Reagan gave the speech on behalf of then-presidential candidate Barry Goldwater, who went on to lose to Lyndon Johnson by one of the largest margins in history.

In the video, Norris warns that the nation "may be lost forever if we don't change the course our country is taking."

Norris also says "our great country and freedom are under attack," while Gena says that 30 million evangelical Christians failed to vote in 2008, resulting in Barack Obama winning the presidency by 10 million votes.

Norris is far from the only celebrity to interject himself into political discourse recently. Actor Clint Eastwood captured headlines by pretending an empty chair was President Obama at last week's Republican National Convention, and singer Ted Nugent has issued numerous controversial remarks about Obama in the past months.
Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2012, 09:07:17 pm »

I know the LORD is in complete control, but I am saddened every time I learn of new person(s) who are deceived. Before Rick Warren became known in his more recent years as part of the Emergents, I used to love to visit his church on occasion, and it almost sickens me to recall how much I used to tell unsaved friends what a great church Saddleback was (It did USED to be scripturally based in Jesus death on the cross and His resurrection, His blood as the remission for sins) - - Same thing with Billy Graham (which I only learned about here) -
Will someone give me links to Billy Graham's gospel message/alliance so I can further educate myself? Thanks :-/ My heart breaks for the LORD because I know he loves His church so much!

One more question: Is it a "sin" not to vote? Because I don't see ANYONE with a Godly mindset I can endorse
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2012, 10:02:32 pm »

I know the LORD is in complete control, but I am saddened every time I learn of new person(s) who are deceived. Before Rick Warren became known in his more recent years as part of the Emergents, I used to love to visit his church on occasion, and it almost sickens me to recall how much I used to tell unsaved friends what a great church Saddleback was (It did USED to be scripturally based in Jesus death on the cross and His resurrection, His blood as the remission for sins) - - Same thing with Billy Graham (which I only learned about here) -
Will someone give me links to Billy Graham's gospel message/alliance so I can further educate myself? Thanks :-/ My heart breaks for the LORD because I know he loves His church so much!

Yeah, myself having grown up in the Churchianity/denominational/organized religion atmosphere...it was as if the praise of men went BEFORE the praise of our Almighty Creator. Sure, these "churches" would preach saved by grace through faith in Jesus alone, but ultimately they have been VERY SUBTLE when all was said and done in terms of getting the flock to worship men like Warren and Graham.

Rule of thumb - anytime any of these "evangelicals" get alot of airtime and/or their weekly sermons are on some mainstream network(ie-Charles Stanley's Sunday sermons can be seen on the Lifetime Channel now), a BIG red flag should be raised. Remember Jesus Christ and his Apostles were poor(Jesus didn't have a place to lay his head down on), and the only thing they received were their NEEDS(food, clothing, and a place to stay) when they went around preaching the gospel. But it seems like today's "prominent" evangelists are millionaries b/c they "deserve their blessings".

Billy Graham Exposed: One-World Aspirations
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/billy_graham-freemason.htm

One more question: Is it a "sin" not to vote? Because I don't see ANYONE with a Godly mindset I can endorse

Hhhhmmm...let's look at some of our "conservative" people...

Mitt Romney is a Mormon, and his running mate Paul Ryan is a Catholic.
John McCain's current wife happened to be his former mistress, while Sarah Palin's church is a speaking in tongues Pentacostal one.
George W. Bush is a Yale Skull and Bones alum, as is his father and grandfather Prescott.
Bob Dole is a 33rd Degree Mason, as was his '96 running mate Jack Kemp(or he might have been 32nd).
Ronald Reagan was a 33rd Degree Mason.
Gerald Ford was a 32nd Degree Mason.
Pat Buchanan(who worked as aides for Nixon and Reagan) is Jesuit-trained.
Pat Robertson is a 33rd Degree Mason.
Jerry Falwell was bought off for $50m by the Illuminati(this is according to former high level witch John Todd).
James Dobson has ties to the Vatican.
Gary Bauer(like the rest of the religious right folks) attacked the King James Bible(falsely accusing King James of being a homosexual).

The list goes on - personally, it's pretty obvious that it would be a SIN to VOTE in these elections - Apostle John says that we would be a partaker in their sins if we invite them into our homes and bid them Godspeed. Yeah, if we go around saying we have to get Republicans into office to "Christianize" America...we would be doing exactly as John warned not to do. And it would also be hurting our witness of the gospel to others as we'll be labeled as arrogant, conservative Republicans instead of humble Christians serving our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

As for all of this talk that Republicans in office = conservative, pro-family USSC justices = Reaganite economy...here are the FACTS...ALL FIVE of the justices that voted to uphold Roe V Wade in 1992 were GOP APPOINTEES(3 of them were by Reagan/Bush I). EIGHT of them were GOP APPOINTEES(and the lone Democrat appointee voted against it). And guess what...both of Bush II's appointees are PRO-Roe V Wade!

A good economy if Romney/Republicans are in office? Remember Reagan's Handlers's tripled the national debt throughout the 80's. Yeah, very good unemployment numbers et al, but at the big expense of letting the national debt go out of control, which is why it's at the $16t level it is now. The borrower is a slave to the lender...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: