End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 03:57:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Falling Away

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Falling Away  (Read 33992 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2015, 12:17:02 pm »

Minister Who Denies God’s Existence: I Don’t Appreciate Being Told I’m Not a Christian

But your not  Tongue

A Presbyterian USA minister in Oregon who says that he doesn’t believe in God—and doesn’t require his members to believe either–remarked in a recent article that he is offended by those who assert that he is not a Christian.

“Someone quipped that my congregation is BYOG: Bring Your Own God. I use that and invite people to ‘bring their own God’—or none at all,” wrote John Shuck of Beaverton’s Southminster Presbyterian Church in a guest post for Patheos last week. “While the symbol ‘God’ is part of our cultural tradition, you can take it or leave it or redefine it to your liking.”

Shuck first came out as an unbeliever in 2011, generating controversy as to how one could serve as a minister and not believe in the Bible.

“The concept of ‘God’ is a product of myth-making and ‘God’ is no longer credible as a personal, supernatural being,” he wrote in a blog post on his site “Shuck and Jive.” “Jesus may have been historical, but most of the stories about Him in the Bible and elsewhere are legends.”

Shuck reiterated his unbelief in his article “I’m a Presbyterian Minister Who Doesn’t Believe in God” on Tuesday, as he asserted that “[b ]elief-less Christianity is thriving.”

“We all have been trained to think that Christianity is about believing things,” he wrote. “Its symbols and artifacts (God, Bible, Jesus, Heaven, etc) must be accepted in a certain way. And when times change and these beliefs are no longer credible, the choices we are left with are either rejection or fundamentalism.”

But Shuck says that although he rejects the Bible as being literal, and denies the existence of Heaven and Hell, he takes offense when people tell him that he’s not a Christian.

Connect with Christian News

“[E]ven though I hold those beliefs, I am still a proud minister. But I don’t appreciate being told that I’m not truly a Christian,” he stated. “Many liberal or progressive Christians have already let go or de-emphasized belief in Heaven, that the Bible is literally true, that Jesus is supernatural, and that Christianity is the only way. Yet they still practice what they call Christianity.”

However, others state that Shuck’s assertion that one can be a Christian without faith in the saving power of Christ is faulty, and that his words make evident that he does not understand what it means to be a Christian.

“Mr. Schuck proves that he knows very little about Christianity,” Andrew Rappaport of Striving for Eternity Ministries in Jackson, N.J. told Christian News Network. “He talks about ‘belief-less Christianity’ thriving. But what defines a Christian is specifically stated as a belief that Jesus Christ as God (Romans 10:9–10). Therefore, it is impossible to have a belief-less Christianity.”

“To have someone who can claim to be a minister and redefine Christianity against its proper definition is no different than attempting to redefine marriage as possible between the same sex,” he continued. “God defines marriage as being between man and woman, and God defines Christianity based on belief.”

Rappaport said that he believes that Shuck has an ulterior motive in remaining a minister while asserting that one can be a Christian apart from following Christ.

“What you see here is nothing more than someone who wants to infiltrate the Church in an attempt to destroy it,” Rappaport stated. “The two things that he does not understand is, first, the Church will not be destroyed, and second, his whole argument that God does not exist is based on intelligence, logic, ability to reason and morality—all of which require the God that he denies, because immaterial things are not the product of chemical reactions; they require God.”

http://christiannews.net/2015/03/23/minister-who-denies-gods-existence-i-dont-appreciate-being-told-im-not-a-christian/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:26:50 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:40 am »

1 in 4 Americans Don't Believe In God; Lack of Trust In Local Churches Cited as a Reason Why Adults Are Leaving the Faith

Barna Group has released its 2015 study on the state of atheism in America, and has revealed that one in four unchurched adults in the country now identify as atheists or agnostics. The study also found that rejection of the Bible and lack of trust in the church are two main reasons why people are turning away from faith. The study was focused on those who have not attended church within the past six months, and found that the majority of such people identify as non-practicing Christians. One in four, or 25 percent, however, were classed as skeptics, which Barna defines as...   

MORE : http://www.christianpost.com/news/barnas-2015-state-of-atheism-report-finds-one-in-four-americans-dont-believe-god-exists-136327/
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2015, 07:06:58 pm »

Well, we've been discussing the heretical genesis gap theory at length today.

I don't know of this "pastor" believed in it - but nonetheless let's all be careful and GUARD OUR HEARTS...b/c even a tad bit of leaven will leaven the ENTIRE lump!

1 Thes 5:21  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Minister Who Denies God’s Existence: I Don’t Appreciate Being Told I’m Not a Christian

But your not  Tongue

A Presbyterian USA minister in Oregon who says that he doesn’t believe in God—and doesn’t require his members to believe either–remarked in a recent article that he is offended by those who assert that he is not a Christian.

“Someone quipped that my congregation is BYOG: Bring Your Own God. I use that and invite people to ‘bring their own God’—or none at all,” wrote John Shuck of Beaverton’s Southminster Presbyterian Church in a guest post for Patheos last week. “While the symbol ‘God’ is part of our cultural tradition, you can take it or leave it or redefine it to your liking.”

Shuck first came out as an unbeliever in 2011, generating controversy as to how one could serve as a minister and not believe in the Bible.

“The concept of ‘God’ is a product of myth-making and ‘God’ is no longer credible as a personal, supernatural being,” he wrote in a blog post on his site “Shuck and Jive.” “Jesus may have been historical, but most of the stories about Him in the Bible and elsewhere are legends.”

Shuck reiterated his unbelief in his article “I’m a Presbyterian Minister Who Doesn’t Believe in God” on Tuesday, as he asserted that “[b ]elief-less Christianity is thriving.”

“We all have been trained to think that Christianity is about believing things,” he wrote. “Its symbols and artifacts (God, Bible, Jesus, Heaven, etc) must be accepted in a certain way. And when times change and these beliefs are no longer credible, the choices we are left with are either rejection or fundamentalism.”

But Shuck says that although he rejects the Bible as being literal, and denies the existence of Heaven and Hell, he takes offense when people tell him that he’s not a Christian.

“[E]ven though I hold those beliefs, I am still a proud minister. But I don’t appreciate being told that I’m not truly a Christian,” he stated. “Many liberal or progressive Christians have already let go or de-emphasized belief in Heaven, that the Bible is literally true, that Jesus is supernatural, and that Christianity is the only way. Yet they still practice what they call Christianity.”

However, others state that Shuck’s assertion that one can be a Christian without faith in the saving power of Christ is faulty, and that his words make evident that he does not understand what it means to be a Christian.

“Mr. Schuck proves that he knows very little about Christianity,” Andrew Rappaport of Striving for Eternity Ministries in Jackson, N.J. told Christian News Network. “He talks about ‘belief-less Christianity’ thriving. But what defines a Christian is specifically stated as a belief that Jesus Christ as God (Romans 10:9–10). Therefore, it is impossible to have a belief-less Christianity.”

“To have someone who can claim to be a minister and redefine Christianity against its proper definition is no different than attempting to redefine marriage as possible between the same sex,” he continued. “God defines marriage as being between man and woman, and God defines Christianity based on belief.”

Rappaport said that he believes that Shuck has an ulterior motive in remaining a minister while asserting that one can be a Christian apart from following Christ.

“What you see here is nothing more than someone who wants to infiltrate the Church in an attempt to destroy it,” Rappaport stated. “The two things that he does not understand is, first, the Church will not be destroyed, and second, his whole argument that God does not exist is based on intelligence, logic, ability to reason and morality—all of which require the God that he denies, because immaterial things are not the product of chemical reactions; they require God.”

http://christiannews.net/2015/03/23/minister-who-denies-gods-existence-i-dont-appreciate-being-told-im-not-a-christian/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2015, 07:48:41 pm »

Rereading that story made me think. You are not a Christian, not at all. But you still have Christ in your Title. You are in fact ANTI CHRIST!!
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2015, 08:36:18 pm »

Rereading that story made me think. You are not a Christian, not at all. But you still have Christ in your Title. You are in fact ANTI CHRIST!!

I don't know if you're familiar with Jason Cooley(pastors at Old Paths Baptist Church MN on Youtube - it's a small non-501c3/KJB-believing church) - but he's been getting alot of flack lately for pushing this heretical Lordship Salvation gospel.

Yes, it's true that we all struggle with sin in the flesh daily(Romans 7 and Galatians 5), and even the greatest prophets in the bible like David fell into grave sin(while Demas loved this present world more) - but nonetheless these same people who give him alot of flack end up missing the entire point of what he's saying - if they listened to his sermons carefully, the point he's keeps driving home is that the way 99% of Apostate churches in America give out a false bill of goods to the lost, ultimately their rotten fruit shows subsequently.(ie-saying a 1-2-3 sinner's prayer will NOT get you saved)

For example - what do you think of a sodomite, who SUPPOSEDLY got saved, but stayed in his/her lifestyle? Or how about a supposedly saved Christian who kept on fornicating, and acted like nothing was wrong? Or how about those that continue to warm up to other religions like Buddhism?

John 10:25  Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26  But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Yes, I understand having a changed life is NOT a requirement of the salvation gospel - but remember it's the LORD who does these things...

2Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Philippians 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2015, 08:45:11 pm »

I don't know if you're familiar with Jason Cooley(pastors at Old Paths Baptist Church MN on Youtube - it's a small non-501c3/KJB-believing church) - but he's been getting alot of flack lately for pushing this heretical Lordship Salvation gospel.

Yes, it's true that we all struggle with sin in the flesh daily(Romans 7 and Galatians 5), and even the greatest prophets in the bible like David fell into grave sin(while Demas loved this present world more) - but nonetheless these same people who give him alot of flack end up missing the entire point of what he's saying - if they listened to his sermons carefully, the point he's keeps driving home is that the way 99% of Apostate churches in America give out a false bill of goods to the lost, ultimately their rotten fruit shows subsequently.(ie-saying a 1-2-3 sinner's prayer will NOT get you saved)

For example - what do you think of a sodomite, who SUPPOSEDLY got saved, but stayed in his/her lifestyle? Or how about a supposedly saved Christian who kept on fornicating, and acted like nothing was wrong? Or how about those that continue to warm up to other religions like Buddhism?

John 10:25  Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26  But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Yes, I understand having a changed life is NOT a requirement of the salvation gospel - but remember it's the LORD who does these things...

2Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Philippians 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Big difference between lust and love.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2015, 05:45:01 am »

Episcopal Church Bishop: Denying Climate Change 'Sinful'
"Jesus insists…"

According to the presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church Katherine Jefferts Schori, denying climate change is a sin.

She says Jesus "insists" that Earth's citizens reduce their carbon footprint and proselytize others to do the same.

Schori kicked off a 30-day challenge in Los Angeles on Tuesday that the church labeled "The Climate Change Crisis." As keynote speaker, the former-marine-biologist-turned priest, used the event to preach environmental stewardship.

"We have failed to love what God has given us," she stated in her opening address. "We are unwittingly redesigning the Earth on timescales that are infinitesimal compared to previous geologic and evolutionary rates."

Noting that there are "a few very loud voices" who deny climate change, Jefferts Schori opted to brush them aside because they are motivated by "greed, self-centered political interests, [and] willful blindness."

She then labeled those actions a sin:

The Judeo-Christian tradition has always called those motivations sinful. It’s decidedly wrong to use resources that have been given into our collective care in ways that diminish the ability of others to share in abundant life. [A "sin of omission," she claimed]

We are making war on the integrity of this planet… the violence of war unleashed by environmental chaos and greed. We were planted in this garden to care for it, literally to have dominion over its creatures. Dominion means caring for our island home.

We are meant to love God and what God has created and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Jesus insists that those who will enjoy abundant life are those who care for all neighbors, especially the 'least of these' -- the hungry and thirsty, the imprisoned and sick -- and that must include all the species God has nurtured on this planet.

Jefferts Schori blamed "human beings with the most resource intensive lifestyle" as causing the starvation, displacement, and impoverishment of whom she calls "climate refugees" -- human or animal.

The bishop said calling this event a "crisis" was by design because humans are now faced with a "life or death" decision: "Change our destructive and overly consumptive ways, or we can ignore the consequences of our actions or slowly steam like the proverbial frogs in a soup pot."

However, she warned that there is not much time left to choose.

The entire keynote speech and event can be viewed here.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/episcopal-church-bishop-denying-climate-change-sinful
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2015, 09:34:44 am »

I was thinking about this over the weekend...

The "falling away" we're seeing is not only ZERO biblical truth in these modern-day churches now, but it also doesn't mean saved people who fall away into this present world will lose their salvation.

Hebrews 10:38  Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Pt being that look how much the growing number of born-again believers have fallen away, albeit slightly, from these very important doctrines...

eternal security(now some believe in either lordship salvation or easy believism)

pre-ToJTCA(now a growing number believe in post-trib)

Literal 6 days/24 hour day creation by the LORD(now a growing number believe in this genesis gap theory heresy)

Pt being that all this is doing is increasing confusion among the body of Christ - instead of preaching the gospel to the lost world, and edifying the saints daily in these last days we're living in, more of these subtle twists of doctrine of devils are slowly but surely keeping believers pre-occupied with the carnal things of this world instead(and like said, causing more confusion). And I say confusion b/c in addition to causing confusion within the BoC - now it's coming to a point where ministries are mudslinging each other, accusing each other of being heretics(ie-the genesis gap pushers/easy believerismists would accuse the post-tribbers/lordship salvationists, and vice versa).

2 Corinthians 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2015, 06:43:14 pm »

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Big difference between lust and love.

1Corinthians 6:9  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

This was in Corinthians(as we all know) - notice the VERB TENSES - the first one being PAST(the one bolded in red), and the rest of them being PRESENT(bolded in blue).

Like I said - I perfectly understand that salvation is by faith alone in Jesus Christ, and we will certainly have a LIFETIME FULL of struggles in the flesh(and there have been those like Demas who departed into this present world). But again - when you look at the lens of this scripture, can anyone honestly say a sodomite or a drunkard who professed to get saved...and continued in their lifestyle...was saved to begin with?

And here's another passage...

Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The first 2 verses say faith alone in Jesus Christ - SUBSEQUENTLY after these 2 verses, look what verse 10 says...it's GOD who ordained us to walk in good works AFTER we're saved.

Again - I'm sick and tired of people accusing others of being lordship salvationists, when all they do is point to these very verses of scriptures.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2015, 10:48:26 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 07, 2015, 02:00:58 pm »

Someone on another internet fellowship group posted this.

What is wrong with this picture?

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 09, 2015, 08:28:32 am »

babel building
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 09, 2015, 08:29:10 am »

WOW!!!

‘He Might Be Biblical, But He’s an *******': Blasphemous ‘Christian’ Professor Trashes Christians

In a recent article for Salon, a Rutgers University professor who claims to be a Christian trashed other Christians as she claimed that Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) was meant to give license to “terrorize” blacks and homosexuals, and to stop women from having sex outside of marriage.

“The right’s made-up God: How bigots invented a white supremacist Jesus” is written by Brittany Cooper, who teaches Women’s and Gender Studies and Africana Studies at Rutger’s University in New Jersey. In her opinion piece posted on Wednesday, the professor asserted that religious freedom laws are driven by Christians who are “antagonistic to every single group of people who are not white, male, Christian, cisgender, straight and middle-class.”

“As a practicing Christian, I am deeply incensed by these calls for restoration and reclamation in the name of religious freedom,” she wrote. “This kind of legislation is rooted in a politics that gives white people the authority to police and terrorize people of color, queer people and poor women.”

Cooper also claimed that laws such as RFRA will someday be used to make provision for religiously-targeted racism.

“[G]iven our current anti-black racial climate, there is no reason to trust that these laws won’t be eventually used for acts of racially inflected religious discrimination, perhaps against black Muslims or Muslims of Arab descent,” she stated. “Surely this kind of law in this political climate sanctions the exercise of Islamophobia.”

The professor then proceeded to blast what she called “the religious right” for its beliefs on homosexuality, and decried that “the lives the Church imagines for women still center around marriage and motherhood, and no sex if you’re single.”

“I find myself wishing that this particularly violent and vicious breed of Christianity would die off,” Cooper wrote.

“This God isn’t the God that I serve,” she continued. “There is nothing holy, loving, righteous, inclusive, liberatory or theologically sound about Him. He might be ‘biblical’ but he’s also an [expletive].”

She claimed that Jesus might have been a homosexual himself, as well as a feminist.

“The Jesus I know, love, talk about and choose to retain was a radical, freedom-loving, justice-seeking, potentially queer (because he was either asexual or a priest married to a prostitute), feminist healer, unimpressed by Scripture-quoters and religious law-keepers, seduced neither by power nor evil,” Cooper wrote.

But some find Cooper’s writing to be troubling, stating that she is among those who distort the Scriptures and are attempting to take others down with them spiritually.

“There is so much wrong here it would take many volumes of books to unravel it all,” stated writer Onan Coca for BarbWire.

“Liberals are attempting to coopt Christianity, to pervert the truth of the word of God, which Jesus told his disciples was offensive, in an effort to silence us,” he said. “We cannot allow this to happen, because they would pervert, twist and even destroy the very word of truth that our Father has given to us.”

Coca exhorted Christians to remember that Jesus stated that His followers would be rejected by the world.

“Remember folks, Jesus told us that the world would hate us,” he wrote. “He said that [since] they had crucified Him, what did we think they would do to us?!”

http://christiannews.net/2015/04/07/he-might-be-biblical-but-hes-an-blasphemous-christian-professor-trashes-christians/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »

Jude 1:4  For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2015, 08:38:59 am »

Godless Britain? UK 6th from last in global belief poll

Britain is one of the least religious countries in the world, coming sixth from bottom in a global study of belief carried out across 65 countries. Win/Gallup International polling suggested that over 50 percent of Britons did not believe in any religion, 13 percent were committed atheists and that the rest were unsure how to define their beliefs.   

http://rt.com/uk/249149-religion-britain-global-study/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2015, 03:21:05 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2015, 08:33:59 am »

Practical Bible: More Than Half of Americans Do Not Believe That Jesus is Sinless

Despite more than nine out of 10 Americans agreeing Jesus was a historical figure, what they believe about Him diverges widely, according to a newly released survey from the Barna Research Group, a nonprofit organization that has been analyzing cultural trends related to religious belief since 1984. The survey of more than 4,000 U.S. adults online and by phone suggests Americans are conflicted about the central figure of Christianity and have failed to successfully pass on their faith to succeeding generations.

http://www.practicalbible.com/top-stories/more-than-half-of-americans-do-not-believe-that-jesus-is-sinless
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2015, 10:27:57 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2015, 10:05:46 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/christians-leaving-faith-droves-trend-173818770.html
Christians are leaving the faith in droves and the trend isn't slowing down
4/28/15

An extensive study done by the Pew Research Center has yielded some fascinating information regarding the trajectory of world religions over the next four decades.

As of 2010, Christianity was the dominant world religion with roughly 2.2 billion adherents and Muslim's were second with about 1.6 billion adherents. If current demographic trends continue however, Islam is expected to catch up to Christianity midway through the 21st century.

Furthermore, people are leaving Christianity in droves. About 106 million Christians are expected to switch affiliation from 2010 to 2050 while only about 40 million people are expected to enter Christianity.

The religiously unaffiliated (athiests, agnostics) are expected to see the largest net gains from switching, adding more than 61 million followers.

In North America, the fastest growing religious groups are Muslims and followers of "other religions" (an umbrella category that includes Baha’is, Jains, Sikhs, Taoists and many smaller faiths). Christianity is expected to decline from 78 percent of the overall population in 2010 to 66 percent in 2050.

Here's what the dominant religious groups in the US are by county:

Unaffiliated religions are expected to rise over that same time from 16 percent of the population to 26 percent. By 2050, the United States will have more Muslims (2.1 percent of pop.) than Jews (1.4 percent).

In South America and the Caribbean, Christianity will see a slight dip over the next four decades, from 90 percent in 2010 t0 89 percent in 2050. Over that same time the religiously unaffiliated population will add 45 million followers increasing from 8 percent of the population in 2010 to 9 percent in 2050.

((Pew Research) ) If the current trends continue beyond 2050 - which is a big if considering unforeseen events that can happen over a 40 year span (war, famine, innovation etc.) - then by the year 2070 the world's population of Muslims would roughly equal that of Christians.
Here are other chief findings from the report:

1. Islam will grow faster than any other religion over the next 40 years.

2. The number of Muslims will equal the number of Christians around the world by 2050.

3. Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population.

4. The global Buddhist population will be about the same size it was in 2010, while the Hindu and Jewish populations will be larger than they are today.

5. In Europe, Muslims will make up 10% of the overall population.

6. India will retain a Hindu majority but also will have the largest Muslim population of any country in the world, surpassing Indonesia.

7. In the United States, Christians will decline from more than three-quarters of the population in 2010 to two-thirds in 2050, and Judaism will no longer be the largest non-Christian religion. Muslims will be more numerous in the U.S. than people who identify as Jewish on the basis of religion.

8. Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2015, 06:51:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 03, 2015, 03:18:48 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2015, 03:42:32 pm »

Christians drop, 'nones' soar in new religion portrait

The United States is a significantly less Christian country than it was seven years ago.

That's the top finding — one that will ricochet through American faith, culture and politics — in the Pew Research Center's newest report, "America's Changing Religious Landscape," released Tuesday.

This trend "is big, it's broad and it's everywhere," said Alan Cooperman, Pew's director of religion research.

Christianity still dominates American religious identity (70%), but the survey shows dramatic shifts as more people move out the doors of denominations, shedding spiritual connections along the way.

Atheists and agnostics have nearly doubled their share of the religious marketplace, and overall indifference to religion of any sort is rising as well. Only the historically black Protestant churches have held a steady grip through the years of change.

rest: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/12/christians-drop-nones-soar-in-new-religion-portrait/27159533/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2015, 03:55:14 pm »

And that's b/c alot of doctrines of devils have crept in(albeit unawares) - and now we're seeing it in the YT KJB community with the whole gap theory heresy.

And I'm not immune to deception either - as you all know, I fell for the gap TWICE(hopefully, I don't strike out next time).

Anyhow - that's why we're seeing a great falling away now(b/c one doctrine of devil after another since 1881 has crept into churches unawares).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2015, 05:27:15 pm »

Female Priests Campaign to Call God 'She' in Services

A group of female priests are pushing for the Church of England to refer to God with the feminine pronoun “she” during services. Christian News Network reports the women, who are a part of Women and the Church (WATCH) believe referring to God solely as “he” is sexist.

WATCH member Emma Percy said, “When we used only male language we reinforce the idea that God is like a man and, in doing so, suggest that men are therefore more like God than women. If we take seriously the idea that men and women are made in the image of God, both male and female language should be used.”

The priests also argue that referring to God as male makes God sound more human than divine.

“Orthodox theology says all human beings are made in the image of God, that God does not have a gender. He encompasses gender. He is both male and female and beyond male and female. So when we only speak of God in the male form, that’s actually giving us a deficient understanding of who God is,” said Jody Stowell, who is campaigning for the change.

Though some support the change in language, others argue that to call God “she” or “mother” goes against the teaching in scripture.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/female-priests-campaign-to-call-god-she-in-services.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2015, 09:53:07 am »

Poll: Record support for polygamy, suicide, human cloning

Americans are increasingly taking their laissez-faire attitude outside of the marketplace and into the moral arena.

A new Gallup poll released Monday found the numbers of Americans that believe cloning humans, polygamy, having extramarital affairs, and suicide are “morally acceptable” are reaching record highs.

Nineteen percent of respondents said that suicide is “morally acceptable,” tied for the highest percentage since Gallup began asking in 2001. Likewise, 16 percent of respondents said the same of polygamy and 15 percent of cloning humans, both record highs since the survey.

Though at one point in 2002, 9 percent of those surveyed said extramarital affairs are “morally acceptable,” the number stayed at 7 percent or lower up until this most recent survey. Now, 8 percent of Americans say extramarital affairs are OK from a moral standpoint — the most minor increase of any of the behaviors surveyed.

Millennials were found to be the most tolerant of the aforementioned behaviors. Only extramarital affairs polled at less than 20 percent among the age group.

On certain matters, baby boomers aged 50 to 64 were the least permissive, though more boomers found suicide morally acceptable than respondents from generation X.

Only 18 percent of seniors ages 65 and older said that pornography and sex between teenagers are morally acceptable and less than 10 percent of them said polygamy, cloning humans and extramarital affairs are as well.

The survey concluded that “there is evidence of changing moral judgments, at least in relation to suicide, cloning humans and polygamy” among the American public.

Gallup polled 1,024 adults from May 6-10, half via cellphones and half via landlines. The margin of error is plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/poll-polygamy-suicide-human-cloning-support-118485.html#ixzz3c6atVN5V

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2015, 10:52:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2015, 10:07:07 pm »

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2015/July/U-Turning-Americas-Destiny/
America Headed to the 'Ash Heap of History?'
7/7/15

LANCASTER, Pa. -- America just marked its 239th Independence Day, the birth of what many consider the greatest nation on earth. But after all these years of celebrating, Americans may soon be mourning its downfall.

That's the conclusion of researcher George Barna and historian David Barton in their book U-Turn: Restoring America to the Strength of Its Roots.

These authors say the United States is entering its own version of the Dark Ages and that any civilization that's gone where America's headed now has gone to ruin.

"The founders gave us an amazing foundation," Barna told CBN News. "And for us to trample on it and say 'we're going to build a new one' is folly."

Biblical Roots

The authors point out those early Americans were shaped by the Bible and a Judeo-Christian worldview.

"They believed everybody should read through the Bible cover-to-cover once a year," Barton stated. "That's what we did in school in those times. That's what we did in spiritual life. That's what political leaders did. Not today. We can't even get Christians to read that word."

Today only 30 percent of Christians read the Bible and less than 10 percent have read it from cover-to-cover. And it shows.

"Only 9 percent of born-again Christians have a biblical worldview," Barna said. "Only 51 percent of pastors have a biblical worldview."

Faith is losing its foothold in the land.

"The proportion of unchurched people has risen from 28 percent to 48 percent in six years," Barna shared. "The fastest growing faith group in America is atheists and agnostics."

'Your Life Doesn't Belong to You'

It's making for a complete change in values from what was seen 240 years ago. Then, service to others ruled the day.

"Your order of responsibilities was God, country, and family." Barton explained. "That's part of the biblical thinking they had."

"[That's] why the founding fathers were told and specifically taught in school -- we have their textbooks -- if someone comes to you and says 'we need you to run for public office,' you're not allowed to say 'no,'" he said. "Because, as they point out, your life doesn't belong to you."

Today, it's all about "me."

"Now we're just worried about comfort and experiences and entertainment and security," Barna suggested.

That's led to a get-it-all, have-it-all, do-it-all mentality that can pile up the kind of debt capable of killing a country.

A Nation of Debtors

"The average American family: they're looking usually at a mortgage debt of about $130,000," Barton told CBN News. "They're usually looking at credit card debt of about $21,000, they're looking at car debt of about $23,000, a college loan debt of about $24,000, and so we're so far in debt that we tolerate it in others."

Like our federal government.

"Where we are right now, it will take 107 years of the full production of the American economy to pay off the debt we have right now," Barton said.

"We are at a point now where 60 percent of Americans receive more from the government than what they put in," he added. "You can't sustain that."

"We averaged spending $61,000 per poor family last year. You now find that those who are on welfare make more than teachers make in 11 states.  And those on welfare now make more than secretaries do in 39 states. We can't sustain that," he reiterated.

Compare that to the attitude Thomas Jefferson expressed to young America.

Quoting the author of the Declaration of Independence, Barton said, "We can live in debt and extravagance, but we'll be in slavery -- or we can be free, but we have to use frugality."

What Destroys a Nation

"George Washington said 'avoid occasions of expense.' You want out of debt? Just quit spending. And so the founding fathers were very, very, very clear that what would destroy a nation is debt," Barton concluded.

So where does that indicate America's headed?

"Into the ash heap of history," Rev. Sam Rohrer, president of the American Pastors Network, suggested.

Rohrer doesn't want that to happen. He said he's desperate for another outcome.

"God's judgment on America and His hand of judgment, which is very obviously here, will put us down on our knees until we look up," Rohrer said. "When a civilization or a culture begins to recognize that truth has not changed and God is truth and then goes there, then the nation can be made whole."

Rohrer's doing what he can to make that happen. One effort was to invite Barna and Barton to come speak to several hundred church leaders at a recent conference of the Pennsylvania Pastors Network in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

'We Are the Problem'

"This is a hope that in revival, God's people -- who hold the key -- will in obedience say, 'We are the problem. We have walked away from You and the culture has followed us, not the other way around,'" Rohrer explained.

Christians may doubt they're a part of the problem, but Barna and Barton found in their research over and over again that church people -- just as much as their government, just as much as secular people -- are guilty of the same kind of ruinous behaviors that are taking the nation down.

"In a country where between 78 to 80 percent say they're Christian, only 34 percent say they believe in absolute moral truth,"
Barton said.

Barna regularly asks Christians and non-Christians about 70 moral categories -- and these days he's finding no substantive statistical difference between Christians and non-Christians when it comes to most moral issues.

"You can't find a difference in behavior between Christians and non-Christians anymore, and that's not good," Barton warned.

Keys to America's Early Success

Barna had a suggestion for Christians: "Stop pointing the finger and look at ourselves and say, 'Are we really the Church that Christ died on the cross for?"

He pointed out a key reason for the success of early America.

"If you try to understand what made America great, it was a dynamic partnership between church, family, and government," he explained.

Today, many doubt whether religious believers should even get involved in politics or guiding government.

But Barton pointed out, "The entire Bible's loaded up with God's ministers getting right in the face of civil leaders and saying, 'That's wicked policy.'"

And he said ministers were deeply involved for much of the nation's history in the actual making of law, suggesting what legislatures' priorities should be at the start of a new term and what the Bible had to say about proposed laws.

"Back in the founding era, one of the traditional sermons they had was called an Election Sermon," Barton said. "And it went on for 170 years. And it was very common for state legislatures to open up by having a minister come and speak to the entire state government."

Sheer Arrogance

Many today recoil at the idea of church leaders having so much input in secular government and reject it.

But Barna suggested, "For us to say, 'We're going to do it our way for now,' and think that we're not only going to survive but thrive is just sheer arrogance."

Barna said today's Americans believe they're smarter than the founders, maybe because of education and technology. But the founders had that biblical foundation.

"They didn't have all the things that we think are necessary to have a sophisticated society," he said. "But the key isn't sophistication. It's wisdom; it's discernment; it's love; it's grace."

It may be true that many today believe they're wiser than the people who formed America. And yet those founders were so wise they created the greatest nation on the earth, while today's generation is well on its way to losing it.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2015, 08:02:25 pm »

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/07/hows-that-pagan-conservatism-workin-out-for-ya-christian/
How's that Pagan "Conservatism" Workin' out for Ya, Christian?
7/23/15

So how is our Pagan "conservatism" and America worship working out for us?
Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/07/hows-that-pagan-conservatism-workin-out-for-ya-christian/#dctYltMXJoiirJEG.99

How's that 40+ year "pro-life commitment" from the GOP panning out? (See: Note to 'Merica: There is no "God-given right" to murder children. Repent accordingly.)

How's that GOP/"conservative" defense of "family values" playing out? (See: Of course Jeb Bush is "fine" with the idea of "transgender" soldiers in the US military. That's just what Pagan Right politicians do.)

How's that Pagan "conservative" defense of marriage working out for us? (See: "Supreme Court" Votes for Wrath of God Upon America.)
How's that Pagan "conservative" "war against the welfare state" gone for the past 50-ish years? (See: Jeb! (not Bush) Launches Presidential Campaign with "Conservative" Case for the Welfare/Warfare Nanny State.)

How have all of those Pagan "conservative" Supreme Court justices helped the cause, especially on The Big Votes (like child sacrifice/abortion and "gay marriage"), where they have been in the clear (and often huge) majority? (See: With ObamaCare and "Gay Marriage" upheld, when (if ever) should we simply say no to Federal control?)

How have all of those hours and hours and days and weeks and months and years of man-centered Pagan "conservative" talk radio helped to shape us into a better, more Christ-centered culture?

How well has the "freedom to openly worship false gods" served us as a core American virtue? (See: Note to 'Merica: There is no "God-given right" to worship false gods. Repent accordingly.)

How's it goin', America?

How's all of this Pagan "conservatism" treatin' ya?

These seem like fair - and necessary - questions to be asking right about now.

How is our rejection of Christ as King in practice where politics, economics, and civil government are concerned treating us? How's it going here in "the land of the free" and the home of the NSA where the rubber meets the road on things like freedom, liberty, law and justice? (See: Privacy is for masters. Transparency is for slaves. Welcome to "the land of the free" and the home of the NSA.)
How's the "American Dream" of even owning a home outright panning out under the guidance of our beloved Pagan "conservatives"? (See: Why home ownership will never be allowed in "the land of the free" and the home of the NSA.)

How's it look, America?

How's it going?

As our still-proud and still very much self-absorbed civilization crumbles under the weight of God's wrath before our "shocked" and "horrified" eyes, these are the questions that we ought to be exploring most vigorously and passionately. Instead, we're mostly still ignoring or dismissing 'em entirely in favor of the same old tired trinkets and "solutions" offered up by the very folks and worldviews that led us here to the gates of hell in the first place. (See: Our Suicidal Lawlessness.)

The bottom line is this: By what standard will we live?

Will we be ruled by Christ the King's clear and detailed life- and civilization-sustaining standard as lovingly revealed in His perfect Word?
Or will we instead insist on being ruled by the man-centered, mankind-enslaving will and words of men?

Here in America, the painful answer still seems to be: Give us men! We will not have Christ to rule over us! We are "free" to govern as we see fit and we have the "right" to do any number of things that Christ forbids. (See: Note to 'Merica: There is no "God-given right" to worship false gods. Repent accordingly.)

Even though the wheels have clearly come off our "We the People" worshipping culture in so many ways just over the past few months, most Americans (including most professing Christians in America) seem no closer to repentance and submission to Christ as King in practice. We continue to resist Him and flock to the same Pagan Political Right "experts" and "leaders" who have played pivotal roles in bringing about (and then sustaining) everything from "legal" child sacrifice (abortion) and the "legal" obliteration of privacy (NSA/TSA) to "legal" "gay marriage" and the "legal" operation of businesses dedicated to making a profit by encouraging and assisting mothers in the murder (and profitable dismemberment) of their own children. (See: Selling murdered baby parts in America? Sure. Why not?)

So what is going to be our basis for law?

What is going to be our basis for justice?

What is going to be our basis for economics?

Will "We the People" repent and submit in broken humility to Christ the King? Or will we keep on swilling the same old "We the People" bilge and propaganda that has been so masterfully used by some to lead us to where we are now? (See: Will America repent or will America be destroyed?)
Will we finally suck it up, admit that we've been profoundly duped and played like violins for a very long time? Or will we pridefully persist in loyalty to our preferred wing of the Pagan Dragon that is devouring our culture?

That's the question put to us now.

That's the stage that God has set to demonstrate the unbreakable nature of His Word throughout His creation. (See: Who owns America? (Hint: Not "We the People".).)

By what standard will we live? (See: How to truly love (and really save) America.)

By what standard will we define and apply law? By what standard will we define and defend family and marriage? By what standard will we define and pursue business and economics? By what standard will we operate civil government?

So as you watch the Trump Show roll on or you hear interviews, town halls, articles and "debates" featuring "top tier" Pagan Right and/or Pagan Left representatives, pay close attention to how they answer (or purposefully avoid) these vital questions...and treat them accordingly.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 30, 2015, 09:09:36 am »

‘I Don’t Believe in God': Atheist Minister Resists Effort to Boot Her from United Church of Canada

An ordained minister with the United Church of Canada is resisting efforts to oust her from the pulpit because she is an atheist.

“I don’t believe in … the god called God,” Gretta Vosper told the Globe and Mail. “Using the word gets in the way of sharing what I want to share.”

She said that she believes the Bible is “mythology,” and denies that Jesus is the Son of God.

“We build a faith tradition upon it which shifted to find belief more important than how we lived,” Vosper said.

Vosper, 57, and who was ordained in 1993, first came out as an atheist in 2001. However, her congregation still supported her until 2008 when she sought to do away with the use of the Lord’s Prayer and lost approximately 100 members of her 150-member congregation.

Earlier this year, Vosper wrote an open letter asserting that a belief in God can compel people to commit evil, referencing the Charlie Hebdo massacre in France.

“That didn’t go over well,” Vosper, who also founded the Canadian Centre for Progressive Christianity, told reporters. “[But] if we are going to continue to use language that suggests we get our moral authority from a supernatural source, any group that says that can trump any humanistic endeavour.”

She was soon reported to the United Church of Canada, which launched an investigation into her “effectiveness” as a minister. In May, Nora Sanders, general secretary for the UCC General Council, provided the denomination with standards on which to determine whether Vosper should stay or go.

“In my opinion, a person who is not suitable for ministry in the United Church cannot be ‘effective’ as United Church ministry personnel,” she wrote.

“Do you believe in God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and do you commit yourself anew to God?” and “Do you believe that God is calling you to the ordained ministry of Word, Sacrament and Pastoral Care, and do you accept this call?” are expected to be among the questions asked to determine her fitness for service.

Now, Vosper is fighting the motion to review her effectiveness as well as Sander’s standards.

“We … must submit our arguments regarding the appeal by September 18th,” she told the Christian Post.

In the meantime, Vosper has refused to repent of her atheism.

“If the cost of that is that we are no longer welcome within that denomination, it will be because that denomination has defined us out of it, not because we have defined ourselves out of it,” she said.

Her appeal is scheduled to be heard this fall.

http://christiannews.net/2015/08/09/i-dont-believe-in-god-atheist-minister-resists-effort-to-boot-her-from-united-church-of-canada/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2015, 09:19:50 am »

I was watching one of Sam Gipp's KJB defense seminars in January(which was excellent) - however, if there's one thing that didn't sit well with what he was saying, was that he kept giving the benefit of the doubt to people like James White and Bart Ehrman how, even though they're railing against the word of God, they're saved.

Yes, we're not the ones to judge people's salvation and hearts. However - scripture clearly says that a tree is known by their fruit. People like White and Ehrman clearly show they hate God's words(and therefore unless they repent, I highly doubt if our LORD even knows them). And let's not forget this passage...

Matthew 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Sorry, but neither White nor Ehrman are saved. They need to repent of their wickedness.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: