End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:34:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

CrAzY cAtHoLiC ReLiC StOrIeS...

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CrAzY cAtHoLiC ReLiC StOrIeS...  (Read 6556 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:01 pm »

7/25/12

http://news.yahoo.com/crowds-flock-virgin-miracle-tree-jersey-072636975.html

Fervent Catholics in a crime-ridden New Jersey town are flocking to what they say is the miraculous apparition of the Virgin Mary's image in a tree trunk.

On Tuesday, a crowd of several dozen people stood around the tree, praying, taking photos and swapping stories of what they call a miracle.

West New York, just across the Hudson from Manhattan, has been better known for crime, a depressed economy and a mayor who along with his son faces federal computer hacking charges.

But the town's central Bergenline Avenue is now the unlikely setting for a diminutive Ginkgo biloba tree with a knot that, worshippers claim, has the form of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

The Catholic Church has distanced itself from the supposed miracle and there's no shortage of scoffers in West New York, a tough place with a high Latin American immigrant population.

Yet on a sweltering summer's day, worshipers showed no sign of losing faith.

Boisterous and implacable, they vowed to stay put until the town's troubled mayor, Felix Roque, protects the tree for good.

"We want to build a monument," said Maria Baez, 35, one of the first to announce she'd seen the Virgin at the tree and now one of the stalwarts mounting day-and-night vigils.

Already the base of the tree and an adjacent fire hydrant are draped in rosaries, votive candles, flowers and pictures celebrating Our Lady of Guadalupe, a major figure in Mexican Catholicism.

Police have erected a metal barricade around the tree and a patrol car is parked alongside to ensure safety for both crowd and tree. Roque has been quoted in the local press as saying that the town spends $1,000 a day to manage the situation.

According to Baez, the extraordinary chain of events began early on the morning of July 10, when a woman was traveling down the avenue to go to work.

"She saw a light and it was the Virgin. She went on to work, but she was frightened," Baez explained. The woman, named Carmen Lopez, tried to alert police and the mayor but received short shrift. Soon after, Baez says she experienced a similar vision.

"When I got here I saw her: she said 'I'm the Virgin,'" Baez recounted to a chorus of admiring "wows" from others gathered on the sidewalk by the tree. "I was speechless."

Since then, there've been no reported sightings of Jesus' mother herself, but the knot in the tree is said to bear an uncanny resemblance to famous pictures of the Guadalupe Virgin in her cloak.

The image is framed by an oval shaped split in the tree's bark and a dark coloring inside is said to match the shape of the cloaked figure.

Ruben Rafael, 49, recently retired from the US Navy, said this was his fifth visit to the tree.

"I was convinced," he said. "There's a lot of crime in this town. So this helps us Catholics, Christians. She's here to cure the pain in this town."

Not everyone is so believing.

Two men passing shook their heads, smiling dismissively.

"I respect every religion, but really I don't believe this at all," Ismael Garcia, a 27-year-old carpet salesman, said.

His friend, Giovanni Valenti, an assistant mechanic, 36, pointed at the parked police car and said "they should be spending this money on something else."

Valenti pointed out that many of the Ginkgo trees lining the street have splits in the bark and knots that could be imagined to represent some picture or another.

"Tons of these trees have it. It's normal for them in this climate. It's a law of physics," he said.

Standing by the tree, another man slyly pulled out a cellphone and showed a reporter a picture of a knot taken in a similar Ginkgo. The knot somewhat resembled a human face, complete with an angular nose.

But he was not ready reject the faithful crowd entirely.

"I'm a Catholic and I believe very much in the Virgin, but the picture in this knot is just a coincidence," Ed Venicio, 35, said.

"However, I believe that whether or not it's real, the important thing is that it motivates people's faith. It gets them to go back to church and remember that God exists."

more
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:30:57 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: