End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:47:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

CrAzY cAtHoLiC ReLiC StOrIeS...

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CrAzY cAtHoLiC ReLiC StOrIeS...  (Read 6554 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »

Uhm...Peter NEVER went to Rome!

1Peter 1:1  Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1Pe 1:2  Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1Peter_5:13  The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Acts 19:21  After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.

And wasn't Peter MARRIED too?(something the RCC forbids their popes, cardinals, and priests to do so) Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 02:30:15 am »

Peter married? That's not in scripture. The only mention of personal aspects of the disciples is of Paul having his own hired house, but that's it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 08:29:38 am »

Peter married? That's not in scripture. The only mention of personal aspects of the disciples is of Paul having his own hired house, but that's it.

Mat 8:14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 02:20:10 am »

"...yea, let God be true, and every man a liar..."

And yet another reason for us to not trust man! Men lie, and obviously I was wrong. I honestly never have caught that. That's one of those single verses of info that is only mentioned in that one verse, that I remember. But as I have said many times, don't trust me, read for yourselves!

Thanks Mark. "...this time your abundance may be a supply for their want..."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 10:34:24 am »

And yet another reason for us to not trust man! Men lie, and obviously I was wrong. I honestly never have caught that. That's one of those single verses of info that is only mentioned in that one verse, that I remember. But as I have said many times, don't trust me, read for yourselves!

It seems like no matter how many times we read the bible, no matter how many years we've reading it, and no matter how regularly we read it - there is still SO much in God's book, that we all tend to forget.

I can't tell you how many times I would re-read passages for like the umpteenth time, and I'm like, "I don't remember reading that?" OR "I can't believe I forgot about that!".

Even Solomon in Eccl says that much studying is weary on the flesh - but thank the Lord that we have the WHOLE council of God right in front of us, and brethren around us to edify and remind us of other portions of scripture we tend to forget about.

And this is why I have a big problem with a lot of these "Christian" books and Churchianity pastors - b/c these authors and "leaders" are being shown the impression that they somehow have super-knowledge on scripture with all they are able to write and speak, that they end up deceiving their followers to forget about rightly dividing the word of truth line upon line, precept upon precept.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 11:17:03 am »

The funny thing is, that verse is in Catholic Bibles.

Douay-Rheims Bible
[14] And when Jesus was come into Peter' s house, he saw his wife' s mother lying, and sick of a fever:

NASB
Mat 8:14 When Jesus came into Peter’s [fn]home, He saw his mother-in-law lying sick in bed with a fever.

ESV
Mat 8:14 And when Jesus entered Peter’s house, he saw his mother-in-law lying sick with a fever.

NIV
Mat 8:14 When Jesus came into Peter’s house, he saw Peter’s mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever.

So all a cathlic needs to do is just READ the BIBLE....

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »

Yea and Amen!
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 03:47:18 pm »

And this is why I have a big problem with a lot of these "Christian" books and Churchianity pastors - b/c these authors and "leaders" are being shown the impression that they somehow have super-knowledge on scripture

1  Now I say, [That] the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2  But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3  Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7  Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Galatians 4:1-7 (KJB)

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another." Galatians 5:13 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 11:03:12 am »

I recently had a thought about the verse mentioning his wife...

So, the deal is, if Peter was married, which scripture says he was, then how could he be Pope? Married men cannot be a priest in the RCC.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 11:46:25 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-unveils-bone-fragments-said-peters-095320034.html

Vatican unveils bone fragments said to be Peter's

...No pope has ever definitively declared the fragments to belong to the Apostle Peter, but Pope Paul VI in 1968 said fragments found in the necropolis under St. Peter's Basilica were "identified in a way that we can consider convincing."...

Oh boy, that's really scientific!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 07:23:29 pm »

I recently had a thought about the verse mentioning his wife...

So, the deal is, if Peter was married, which scripture says he was, then how could he be Pope? Married men cannot be a priest in the RCC.  Roll Eyes

The problem with the world system is that people are brainwashed to think they have to believe everything they hear from "authority" figures(whether it's from institutions, the news, etc).

Can't tell you the number of times I've exposed this particular RCC lie to professing Christians, and even THIS WOULDN'T convince them that the RCC is evil. They're like, "Why do you hate them so much?", "Don't judge!", etc.

I mean no matter how abominably wrong the RCC(or whoever is), they're like, "But they're not perfect!", etc.

And yes, saw that about the Vatican "revealing" Peter's (supposed)bones found there. All I will say is that time is really drawing near!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 06:16:21 am »

Blood of Pope John Paul II stolen in possible 'satanic' theft
Italian police search for a stolen religious reliquary that contains the blood of dead Pope

A religious reliquary containing blood from the late Pope John Paul II has been stolen from a remote mountain church in Italy, with speculation that a Satanic group could be behind the theft.

A team of around 50 Carabinieri police officers with sniffer dogs were on Monday searching for any trace of the reliquary, which was stolen from the Church of St Peter of Ienca in the Abruzzo mountains at the weekend.

The ornate gold object contains a fragment of material, stained with blood, which was purportedly taken from the clothing worn by John Paul II after he was shot during the failed attempt on his life in St Peter’s Square in 1981.

It was donated to the church in May 2011 by Stanislaw Dzuwisz, a Polish cardinal and the Pope’s former personal secretary.

The reliquary is one of just a handful in the world that contains the blood of the Polish pope, who died in 2005 and was succeeded by Benedict XVI.

It was stolen along with a cross from the church, which lies close to Gran Sasso, a 9,550ft- high mountain in the Apennines east of Rome.

The theft was discovered on Saturday by a priest from the religious sanctuary, which is dedicated to the memory of John Paul II.

The Pope was very fond of the region and used to spend holidays there, walking, meditating and skiing at the nearby resort of Campo Imperatore.

It is also famous as the place where Benito Mussolini was interned after Italy swapped sides during the war, and from where he was rescued by a team of German paratroopers in Sept 1943 during a daring airborne raid.

“It’s possible that there could be Satanic sects behind the theft of the reliquary,” said Giovanni Panunzio, the national coordinator of an anti-occult group called Osservatorio Antiplagio.

“This period of the year is important in the Satanic calendar and culminates in the Satanic ‘new year’ on Feb 1. This sort of sacrilege often take place at this time of the year. We hope that the stolen items are recovered as quickly as possible.”

The theft of the reliquary comes as the Vatican prepares to canonise John Paul II, along with another former Pope, John XXIII, at a ceremony on April 27.

At John Paul II’s funeral in 2005, crowds of mourners cried "Santo Subito!" - "Sainthood now" - prompting the Vatican to speed up the Polish pontiff’s path to canonisation.

In Aug 2012, another relic containing a vial of the late Pope’s blood was stolen from a Catholic priest while he was travelling on a train north of Rome.

The relic was in his backpack, which was swiped by thieves but later recovered in a thicket of cane grass by police.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/10599604/Blood-of-Pope-John-Paul-II-stolen-in-possible-satanic-theft.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 07:11:41 am »

‘Weeping’ Mary draws hundreds
Owner says she awoke to find the figurine covered in oil, and it spoke to her

Hundreds of people have flocked to a small town in northern Israel to view a statue of the Virgin Mary that residents say “weeps” oil.

Members of a Christian family from Tarshiha, near the Lebanon border, say they have witnessed a miracle in their living room.

Osama Khoury said Tuesday that his wife Amira found the statue “covered with oil” recently. Amira said the statue “spoke to her” and told her not to be afraid. After a neighbor witnessed the oil, word soon spread.

Parts of the statue appear to be slick with moisture, even after it is wiped off.

The family says it is most striking when a “tear” seems to roll down the statue’s cheek. It says some 2,000 people have come to see the statue over the last week.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds-throng-weeping-mary-statue/

This happened inside Israel before the Popes visit...
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 07:18:42 am »

Inside Ohio’s ‘Miracle House’

NEWS VIDEO: http://fox8.com/2014/02/10/inside-ohios-miracle-house/

CANTON, Ohio- A local house and woman who lived there are being investigated by the Catholic Church.

The process has begun to one day canonize Rhoda Wise as only the 4th American-born saint.

Her house in Canton could become a church-sanctioned shrine.

The West Virginia native, who settled in Ohio; got married; and raised an adopted daughter, experienced many hardships throughout her life.

During the Great Depression, she was sent home to die, but she claimed Jesus and St. Therese visited her and answered her prayers.

The deadly abdominal infection, gaping wound and severely malformed foot were all healed.

Many miraculous events have been reported at the house ever since from weeping statues to incredible cures.

Rhoda herself had the Stigmata, what many Christians believe is the spontaneous bleeding on the body corresponding with the crucifixion wounds of Jesus.

For more than 2 years she bled profusely from her head, hands and feet, but she never complained about the suffering. She accepted it gladly so that others might be healed.

**For extended coverage including an interview with a woman who claimed she was healed click here.**

*Wednesday night on FOX 8 News at 10, hear from another woman who says she was cured inside the Canton home.**

http://fox8.com/2014/02/10/inside-ohios-miracle-house/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 10:59:58 am »

Many miraculous events have been reported at the house ever since from weeping statues to incredible cures.

Like I said in other threads, I was in that Christian Science cult briefly 5 years ago - pretty much they believe in the same thing, that somehow our "works"(ie-reading CS's blasphemous writings over and over again) can heal our illnesses et al, and that we end up having this "power" to heal others. And ultimately, as I've said too, what lead me to Christian Apologetics was after like the 2nd or 3rd reading of these writings, something did NOT feel right at all.(ie-they say how Jesus' blood atonement is ridiculous et al, which is pure blasphemy, and they deny sin too)

Yeah, all of these false Babylonian religions are NO different from the Roman Catholic Cult. As a matter of fact, they teach the SAME things, pretty much.

2Corinthians 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 03:14:01 pm »

Hundreds of Belgians flock to glowing Virgin Mary statue

Hundreds of people have been flocking to a house in southern Belgium to catch a glimpse of a small statue of the Virgin Mary which reportedly glows in the dark.

Local media reported that on Wednesday, 500 people visited the house in the normally quiet town of Jalhay to witness what is being referred to as "the mysterious glowing Virgin".

Police have been required to bolster their presence around a pavilion erected by the retired Belgian owners of the statue, which witnesses suggest lets out a dull glow after dark.

The phenomenon was first noticed in mid-January and has gradually attracted larger crowds, with local media reporting that some of those visiting the statue claim to have been cured of a skin condition.

The statue, about 30 centimetres (one foot) in height, represents the "Virgin of Banneux", from the name of a nearby village where in 1933 a young girl was said to have witnessed an appearance by the Virgin.

The town has since become a pilgrim destination in largely Catholic Belgium, although Catholic authorities from the Banneux sanctuary are expressing caution about the "glowing" Virgin.

"It's certain that something is going on but I can't tell you whether there is a natural or a miraculous explanation," said Father Leo Palm, who was sent to investigate the statue by the bishop of Liege.

The owners of the statue have refused to allow it to be removed for further examination, saying "she is fine where she is".

http://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-belgians-flock-glowing-virgin-mary-statue-171557770.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2014, 03:42:41 pm »

‘Delicious Miracle’: Is This Jesus’ Face on a…Pancake?

A California cafe recently tried to cook up a pancake that resembled Mickey Mouse, but it ended up looking like something else entirely.

Cowgirl Café in Norco, Calif., made the “delicious miracle” on Good Friday — a flapjack that resembled Jesus Christ, according to restaurant owners Gary and Karen Henderickson.

looks more like Charles Manson

“The night before, [Karen] decides to pray about something and the next day on Good Friday we get this pancake,” Gary Henderickson told ABC News. “To us it looks like a picture of Jesus looking down, like he’s looking down over us.”

Henderickson and his wife said they believe the pancake is a message from above. They placed it in their freezer for now, but are looking for more permanent ways to preserve it.

For now, a picture of the pancake will be displayed on the restaurant’s wall for those who wish to see it.

“I can’t explain why God acts the way he does,” Henderson said, noting that his brother was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and that he is taking the message seriously.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/21/delicious-miracle-is-this-jesus-face-on-a-pancake/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2014, 04:34:49 pm »

"The night before, [Karen] decides to pray about something and the next day on Good Friday we get this pancake,” Gary Henderickson told ABC News. “To us it looks like a picture of Jesus looking down, like he’s looking down over us.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can’t explain why God acts the way he does,” Henderson said, noting that his brother was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and that he is taking the message seriously.

Chapter and verse, please?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2014, 05:50:44 am »

Pope Kisses Skin, Blood Relics in Declaring ‘Sainthood’ to John Paul II, John XXIII

A crowd of approximately one million spectators crowded St. Peter’s Square in Rome on Sunday for the canonization ceremony for Popes John Paul II and John XXIII, as Pope Francis declared sainthood to the two deceased pontiffs.

The event was stated to have been the largest public Roman Catholic gathering since the funeral of John Paul II in 2005. Pope Francis was joined by his predecessor Pope Benedict at the event, as well as leaders and dignitaries from 122 nations worldwide.

As part of the rites, Francis was presented with relics from both of the two men–a vial of blood belonging to John Paul II and a fleck of skin removed from the body of John XXIII during his beatification. He kissed each container as they were received and placed at the altar. Tapestries were also hung in the square that bore the images of the popes.

“We declare and define Blessed John XXIII and John Paul II to be saints and we enroll them among the saints, decreeing that they are to be venerated as such by the whole Church,” Francis declared in reading his prepared decree.

According to Catholic tradition, candidates for sainthood must have been deceased for at least five years and must be believed to be responsible for performing at least two miracles since their death. As John XXIII is attributed by the Vatican as purportedly performing a single miracle, Francis waived the second requirement for the declaration of his sainthood. Adele Labianca claims that after relics from John XXIII were placed on the abdomen of Neapolitan nun Caterina Capitani, the deceased pope appeared to her in a vision and healed the nun of her gastric hemorrhaging.

“Pope John told me, ‘The wound is healed,’” she said in a press conference on Thursday before the ceremony.

Pope John Paul II is credited with healing a French nun of Parkinson’s Disease, and Floribeth Mora Diaz from Costa Rica claims that his image spoke to her out of a magazine and healed her of a brain aneurysm.
Connect with Christian News

“I heard his voice say to me, ‘Get up and don’t be afraid,’” she explained at the conference, noting that she had fallen asleep holding a magazine that contained John Paul II’s photograph. “I went to my husband in the kitchen and told him I was cured. I realized little by little the illness had been taken away.”

However, some are highly speculative about the claims, and are concerned about the unbiblical nature of canonization itself. Mike Gendron of Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries in Plano, Texas told Christian News Network that the declaration of John Paul II and John XXIII as saints is a violation of Scripture.

“Clearly, the canonization concept is not biblical, in fact, as with many Catholic traditions it nullifies and opposes the Word of God,” he said. “Everyone who has been baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ is a saint (1 Cor. 12:13). Scripture has 68 references to ‘saints’ and many of the epistles to the churches were addressed to the saints. Every born again Christian is a saint by virtue of their oneness with Christ.”

Gendron, a former Roman Catholic who now evangelizes those in the Catholic Church, also took issue with aspects of Sunday’s ceremony, including the presentation of blood and skin to Pope Francis. He stated that such practices are rooted in paganism.

“According to the Word of God, the veneration and consultation of the dead are prohibited in Scripture (Deuteronomy 18:10-12). Furthermore, anyone who came into contact with a dead person or a grave was considered unclean and could not take part in worship (Numbers 19:16; Leviticus 21:1),” he explained. “Yet, as part of the canonization ceremony, relics of each of the new saints were presented to Pope Francis. … The worship of the dead is practiced and commanded in Catholicism. Not only in the veneration of so-called ‘saints,’ but every altar must have a relic of a dead saint. This is pagan necromancy, which the Bible strictly forbids.”

As Catholics worldwide will now be expected to call out to John Paul II and John XXIII to intercede on their behalf due to their sainthood, Gendron stated that such a concept is likewise concerning.

“Catholicism teaches that Catholics are to pray to the saints because they can be helped by the prayers of the saints. This of course violates Scripture,” he outlined. “Nowhere in the Bible do we see any God-fearing man praying to anyone other than almighty God.”

“‘For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,’” Gendron said, quoting 1 Timothy 2:5.

http://christiannews.net/2014/04/29/pope-kisses-skin-blood-relics-in-declaring-sainthood-to-john-paul-ii-john-xxiii/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2014, 06:14:51 am »

Christ statue 'has human teeth'

The statue of the Lord of Patience in the parish of San Bartolo Cuautlalpan, Mexico, has always looked ghastly.

His tortured look, blood streaming down his neck, open wounds on his face, hands and knees send shivers down your spine. But it turns out that the statue is even more realistic - and macabre - than previously thought. Specialists restoring the 18th Century artwork have discovered that the statue's eight teeth used to belong to an adult human, Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History has announced.

"The teeth were probably donated as a token of gratitude," suggests head restorer Fanny Unikel. Elsewhere in Mexico, parishioners are known to have volunteered their hair to make wigs for saints, as well as clothing or money. But the teeth and nails of statues are usually made of bones and animal horns. "It's the first time human teeth have been found in a sculpture," says Unikel.

As unique as it is, the director of Mexico's National School of Restoration, Conservation and Museology says the find isn't surprising. "The statue is a very convincing depiction, so naturally, if someone could lay hands on this kind of teeth, he would use them." Unikel adds, in a museum video, the teeth are in perfect condition, even for a centuries-old sculpture. She rules out the idea that they belonged to a holy person. "Relics would be used in a different way to stress their significance."

PICS: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-28703877
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2015, 06:17:40 am »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6920624

Pope Francis Credited With Performing 'Miracle' As St. Gennaro's Blood Liquifies

The Huffington Post Posted: 03/22/15 11:49 PM ET Updated: 03/23/15 09:59 AM ET

Pope Francis is being credited with a miracle -- or at least a "half miracle" -- after St. Gennaro's blood liquified in his presence in Naples on Saturday.

The saint's blood is usually dry inside of its sealed glass ampoule. However, after the pope kissed the relic, it began to turn to liquid.

“It is the sign that St. Gennaro loves Pope Francis: half of the blood turned to liquid," Cardinal Crescenzo Sepe, archbishop of Naples, told the cheering crowd, according to Vatican Insider.

“If only half of it liquefied that means we still have work to do; we have to do better," the pontiff replied. "We have only half of the saint’s love.”

The website reports that the blood continued to liquefy until the entire contents of the ampoule had turned to liquid, causing some in the crowd to weep. (More)
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2015, 04:50:42 am »

'Communist crucifix' puts Pope Francis on the spot

Cheesy

The Vatican is seeking to explain a "Communist crucifix" given to Pope Francis by Bolivian President Evo Morales, saying it's a symbol of dialogue and not an offensive melding of faith and ideology.

Mr Morales gave the crucifix carved into a hammer and sickle to Francis when they met on Wednesday upon the Pope's arrival in Bolivia.

The Vatican wasn't expecting the unusual gift and it immediately raised eyebrows.

It turns out the crucifix was designed by Jesuit activist Luis Espinal​, who was assassinated in 1980 by suspected paramilitaries during the months that preceded a military coup. Francis is a fellow Jesuit and he stopped to pray at the site where Espinal's body was dumped.
Advertisement

Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said on Thursday the Pope had had no idea that Espinal had designed such a crucifix.

Father Lombardi said Espinal's fellow priests said he had designed the crucifix as a symbol of dialogue and commitment to freedom for Bolivia during a turbulent time.

Many church theologians have bitterly denounced the Marxist influences on Liberation Theology, but Francis has tried to rehabilitate the movement – without the Marxism.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/communist-crucifix-puts-pope-francis-on-the-spot-20150709-gi95l0.html#ixzz3fZiK2Zg8
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »

not buying at all!

Holy miracle! Watch Virgin Mary's lips 'MOVE' on painting during prayer

nope

Stunned believers are flocking to the church to witness the unusual sight that has left even sceptics scratching their heads

Hundreds of Christians are flocking to church to witness a 'miracle' painting of the Virgin Mary who appears to join in with the Lord's prayer.

Stunned believers filmed the astonishing moment her lips appeared to move on the artwork during Mass last Sunday.

Footage shows the congregation saying the 'Our Father' prayer but after several seconds it's clear several Christians are distracted by something else.

f you look closely, the Virgin Mary's mouth appears to move during the biblical reading, becoming clearer towards the end of the video.

Baffled George Akary filmed what he believes is a 'miracle' in St Charbel's church, Sydney, before posting it on Facebook.

He said: "To clarify for the viewers I saw this during mass and at the end of mass the rosary is prayed.

"I went to the altar and wanted to confirm via recording it."

Sceptics poured scorn on his viewpoint, claiming that it's a trick of the light coupled with the movement of the camera.

But George dismissed this and added: "Lights are not relevant as i have seen this occur under various lighting and have considered those possibilities.

"It is what it is... I also did notice whilst the people were praying the lips sped up or slowed down to the prayer been said."

Stunned Facebook user Rita Taouk wrote: "Absolutely beautiful," while Rania Boustani simply commented: "Wow."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/holy-miracle-watch-virgin-marys-6113110
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2015, 07:36:47 pm »

Holy water: Congressman steals Pope Francis' glass after White House address to sip remaining liquid with his wife - and then saves some to sprinkle on his grandchildren

Representative Bob Brady, a devout Catholic and Democrat from Pennsylvania took Pope Francis' water glass on Thursday
    After Pope Francis addressed congress, Rep. Brady made his way to the podium to get the leftover liquid so he could drink it
    He also shared the water with his wife Debra and his staff, and plans to use the rest to sprinkle on his grandchildren
    Brady poured the liquid into the mouths of others rather than letting them hold the glass and had his staff send out the photos
    He did the same thing at President Obama's inauguration with his water glass
    Brady also plans to have police dust the cup for fingerprints to prove it was used by Pope Francis

A congressman stole the water glass Pope Francis was drinking out of during his address at the White House on Thursday.

Representative Bob Brady, a devout Catholic and Democrat from Pennsylvania immediately made his way to the podium after Pope Francis finished speaking and grabbed the glass that was still filled with water.

He then drank the water, gave some of the water to his wife Debra, and saved the rest for his grandchildren.

Representative Brady took photos as well, and had his staff send them out to the press.

Scroll down for video

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3249286/Holy-water-Congressman-steals-Pope-Francis-glass-White-House-address-sip-remaining-liquid-wife-saves-sprinkle-grandchildren.html#ixzz3mnh9GsJS
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »

Catholic Church Sees a Miracle in 'Bleeding' Communion Wafer

A Utah Catholic church recently became the site of what some are calling a miracle after a communion wafer placed in water appeared to bleed.

Meant to symbolize the flesh of Christ, the wafer--also called a host--was placed in a glass of water near the altar at St. Francis Xavier Church in Kearns after a young parishioner returned it to the priest during communion. JUST WANT TO POINT THAT OUT...  Roll Eyes Tongue

The priest reportedly then placed the wafer into the water, expecting it to dissolve in just a few minutes. But that's not what happened.

Instead, the wafer remained intact for several days. What's more, it turned a deep blood red.

News of the apparent miracle sent shockwaves through the church community and devotees began to pack into St. Francis Xavier's to see the host on display.

Word also spread to the Salt Lake City Diocese, where a five-person committee was formed to investigate the potential miracle, reports KSTU.

Monsignor M. Francis Mannion issued the following statement:

"Recently, reports of a bleeding host at St. Francis Xavier Church in Kearns have been circulating within the diocese. Monsignor Colin F. Bircumshaw, Diocesan Administrator, has appointed an ad hoc committee of individuals with various backgrounds to investigate the matter.

"The work of the committee is now underway. The results will be made public.

"The host is now in the custody of the Diocesan Administrator. Contrary to rumor, there are NO current plans for public exposition or adoration."

http://news.yahoo.com/catholic-church-sees-miracle-bleeding-214300669.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2015, 06:53:32 pm »

Image On Church Window Resembles Virgin Mary, Draws Throngs Of Spectators

What some are chalking up as simply a “faulty coating” has others believing that a divine phenomenon has touched the window of one local church — along with the hearts of its parishioners.

That’s because an image that bears a striking resemblance to the Virgin Mary seems to have appeared on a portion of glass at the Transfiguration Catholic Church in Marietta, bringing throngs of onlookers eager to see what some believe to be a Christmas miracle.

Father Fernando Molina-Restrepo posted a photograph of the window on Facebook this week and explained that image appeared on December 12, which is also the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. He wrote that many are offering their own interpretations of how the foggy figure formed, perhaps the pane’s coating reacting to a mixture of the outside elements, though there are plenty of spectators who are happy to point to their faith as the true cause.

Parishioner Victor Jose Alvarado, who was at the church when the image first appeared on the window inside Bishop Hall, told CBS Atlanta it was one of the most “wonderful experiences” he’s ever had, and shared a photo he took with us.

Alvarado described his experience on Facebook: “We started praying and singing songs to the Virgin Mary of Guadalupe, and immediately started feeling peace and the smell of roses!!! We just finished having lunch when someone noticed a very bright sun ray and in front of our eyes her image starting to appear in the window.”

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/12/24/virgin-mary-catholic-church-window-marietta/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2016, 08:18:27 pm »

Hundreds Injured as Filipino Crowd Throngs ‘Healing’ Idol Being Marched Through Streets

Two people are dead and hundreds were injured on Saturday as massive throngs sought to press up against a centuries-old statue of Christ that was marched through the streets of Manila as part of an annual Roman Catholic celebration called the Feast of the Black Nazarene.

Manila Vice Mayor Isko Moreno estimates that 1.4 million people participated in the procession, which takes place every Jan. 9th in the city. Roman Catholics carry white cloths and seek to touch the wood carving of Jesus carrying the cross out of their belief that it possesses healing powers or can bring good fortune.

This year was no exception, as some followers along the 20-hour procession handed cloths to those who were adjacent to the carriage, hoping that they could swipe the idol for them.

“When I was a young woman, I walked on my knees and begged the Black Nazarene to give me a good husband,” 72-year-old Nilda Saavedra, told reporters. “I also prayed that all my three children could finish college. All my prayers were heard.”

The carving, known as the Black Nazarene for the figure’s dark complexion, is believed to have been brought from Mexico to Manila in the 1600’s. It was carried aboard a ship, and although the vessel caught fire, it was not destroyed.

For the past 200 years, millions have flooded the streets as the wooden carving is carried through Manila for its annual feast day. Those who observe the occasion, which includes men, women and children alike, usually walk the streets barefoot as a gesture of reverence toward the statue. The event can sometimes become dangerous as the throngs push one another out of the way.

“Today, they cause chaos. Sometimes, while the carriage is still being moved out of the church, some devotees are already fighting,” Teresita De Guzman, 71, who has participated in the annual procession for 50 years, told the Philippine Star. “Others even stab and hit each other just to get closer to the Señor.”

Connect with Christian News

Reports state that one man, Alex Fulyedo, 27, died after suffering a seizure during the event, and a candle vendor, Mauro Arabit, 58, had a heart attack and was declared dead on arrival at a local hospital.

The Philippine Red Cross says that it treated over 1,200 people for injuries, which included cuts, abrasions and bruises, as well as those who sought to have their blood pressure checked. A few also complained of shortness of breath or struggled with ailments that required hospitalization.

The procession began at 6 a.m. on Saturday and concluded at 2 a.m. on Sunday morning, and was guarded by an estimated 5,000 police officers and members of the military.

As previously reported, the vast majority of Filipinos—approximately 80 percent—are Roman Catholic. Only an estimated 2.8 percent of the population professes to be evangelical Christian.

http://christiannews.net/2016/01/11/hundreds-injured-as-filipino-crowd-throngs-healing-idol-being-marched-through-streets/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2016, 07:54:07 pm »

Pope Francis Orders Body Of Dead Monk Padre Pio To Vatican To Be Worshipped
His body was partially reconstructed with a life-like silicone mask and preserved in a large, temperature-controlled glass reliquary so the faithful could view it.

Padre Pio was dogged during his life and even after his death by allegations that he was a fake but Church investigators cleared him each time.

“There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.” Deuteronomy 18:10,11 (KJV)

His name was Padre Pio, he was a Catholic monk who died in 1968, and he is prayed to by millions of Catholics around the world. Pio is said by the Catholic Church to have had the “stigmata” – the bleeding wounds of Jesus on his hands and feet. In 2008, in true necromantic fashion, his dead body was dug up and made into a shrine inside a glass coffin. His body was partially reconstructed with a life-like silicone mask and preserved in a large, temperature-controlled glass reliquary so the faithful could view it.

Now Pope Francis has ordered the corpse of Padre Pio to be displayed in St. Peter’s Basilica during the Catholic Church’s current Holy Year on the theme of mercy. The body, along with that of another, less famous saint that is being transported to Rome from northern Italy, will be displayed in a Rome church before both are moved in procession to St. Peter’s on Friday.

This is all part of the unholy, demonic obsession by the Catholic Church to worship these artificial “saints”, pray to the dead, and to get people’s eyes off of Jesus Christ and on anything else. Look at the woman with her hands and face pressed against the glass coffin of Padre Pio in the photo at top. She is crying like she lost a family member, and she is PRAYING TO HIM for guidance and help with her life. All of this fostered, sanctioned and encouraged by Pope Francis and all levels of Vatican authority. This activity is absolutely forbidden in the Bible, and had much in common with cultic Mormon rituals and ceremonies for the dead.

Many people said the brown-robed Padre Pio was able to predict events in their lives and knew what they were about to confess. There are thousands of “Padre Pio Prayer Groups” around the world.

Padre Pio was dogged during his life and even after his death by allegations that he was a fake but Church investigators cleared him each time.

You are looking at what the Vatican **** of Babylon loves to do best, deceive people. Starting today, the corpse of Catholic shaman Padre Pio will lie in a glass coffin, and over 1 million people will file past to lean over the coffin to pray to him, venerate him, which is simply another way to say worship him.

“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4 (KJV)

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/pope-francis-orders-body-of-dead-monk-padre-pio-to-the-vatican-to-be-worshipped/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2016, 04:49:07 pm »

Miracle in Chicago? Pilgrims flock to see Orthodox icon weeping drops of oil

Lev 26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

Thousands of Orthodox Christians are flocking to a church in southwest Chicago to witness what they believe is a miracle.

According to the Chicago Tribune, tiny drops of sweet-smelling oil have been trickling down an icon of John the Baptist at Assumption Greek Orthodox Church in Homer Glen. The parishioners believe the droplets have healing properties.

Parish priest Rev Sotirios Dimitriou – known as Father Sam – said: "The first thing out of my mouth was 'What do I do?' You don't expect anything like this. It's breathtaking. It's so powerful to see such an act of God before your eyes."

The auxiliary bishop of the diocese told the Tribune it would not comment on whether the phenomenon was genuinely miraculous, saying "We let the faithful believe it if they wish." Bishop Demetrios added: "If it brings you closer to God that's wonderful. If it doesn't, it doesn't."

The oil exudes from the icon's halo, wings, hands and beard and is collected in a reservoir of cotton at its base. Dimitriou saturates cotton balls with the substance and hands them out to his parishioners. He has had several reports of divine healing from those who have touched it. One man said a blocked artery had cleared, while another claimed to be cancer free. Dimitriou himself, who had experienced blackouts because of a nerve condition, said he had not suffered since the oil began to flow and had stopped taking his medication.

The Tribune quotes James Skedros, dean of Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, who said that similar episodes have taken place across the US. While unlike the Roman Catholic Church the Orthodox Church has no formal process for authenticating them, they are regarded as significant for believers. He said Orthodox Christians believe matter can be a conveyor of sanctity.

"We have a very different understanding of matter as a vehicle of holiness," Skedros said. "We put [icons] on walls, burn candles in front of them, light incense in front of them because they're images of what they represent — the holy person or image of Christ or the saint."

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Meanwhile the church itself is struggling with the number of visitors it is receiving because of the phenomenon. A statement from the diocese said: "We are blessed to have this occurring at our parish in Homer Glen, Illinois.

"We ask for patience and understanding when wanting to visit this icon or request additional information as this is a small community parish that is trying to work out how best to share this blessing with now a much enlarged audience."

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/miracle.in.chicago.pilgrims.flock.to.see.orthodox.icon.weeping.drops.of.oil/85042.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2016, 01:32:50 am »

A VIRGIN MARY STATUE IN A FRESNO HOUSE IS BEING CALLED A MIRACLE

A statue of the Virgin Mary Semiramis in Fresno appears to be weeping. The family who owns the statue calls it a miracle and said it's been happening for a while.

To the faithful, Maria Cardenas said the statue of the Virgin Mary is a blessing. Tears seem to well up in her right eye and stream down her face to her chin.

Cardenas said it's beautiful the way she looks right now. Every tear, she said, is nothing short of a miracle. So she collects them in a glass and shares them with those who find their way to this home.

A lot of people come and they can't believe it, she said, but they come with faith.

"I wanted to come see for myself," said Richard Quintana, neighbor.

Quintana just moved in across the street and he was invited in to take a look, for the first time.

"That's amazing. It takes the words out of my mouth-- like wow. I'm so amazed," said Quintana.

Cardenas said I don't understand why she's doing it but it's something good.
She said the statue was a Mother's Day gift she received 10 years ago almost to the day. But it didn't start weeping, she said until a year and a half ago when her cousin, Jessie Lopez, was murdered.

Sometimes she doesn't cry for weeks or months Cardenas said, but when she starts, she will cry again.

Action News cameras watched one of the tears fall. It was oily and smelled like roses. And another tear immediately started building up.

One man, who didn't want to be identified is the statue's caretaker. He said people have tried to figure it out but have only come up with one explanation.

"We've had priests come from all over to look at her, and all they say is that it's a miracle."

At this house the Virgin Mary statue weeps, or so it seems, for anyone to see, not just the faithful.

"We're not hiding her, but at the same time, we don't want anything to happen to her,' said the caretaker.

The people who live at the house said the door is open to anyone. They don't want to give the address, but if you are invited, you are welcome inside.

http://abc30.com/1330917/

1Co 10:19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?
1Co 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:35:12 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: