End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 04:25:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

CrAzY cAtHoLiC ReLiC StOrIeS...

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CrAzY cAtHoLiC ReLiC StOrIeS...  (Read 6651 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2016, 08:12:43 pm »

Virgin Mary Statue That ‘Cries Single Drop Of Blood’ Causes Hysteria In South America

Resident Ana Cristina Jimenez said: 'I saw that the Virgin Mary had a tear of blood. I was surprised. I felt joyful, sad... everything!' Miryan Quintero, another woman from the community, added: 'I believe it. The Virgin is alive in Heaven. I know she's real.' An unnamed local said: 'Every day the neighbours pray in front of the Virgin Mary and yesterday they saw that she had a tear from her left eye. 'People went to look at her closely and confirmed it was true. Many people have come to see it and have been stunned.' 

Hundreds of ecstatic pilgrims are flocking to a statue of the Virgin Mary believed to be crying a single tear of blood

“The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.” Jeremiah 7:18 (KJV)

Images of the statue with a red liquid dripping down its cheek have been shared on social media, prompting a mass pilgrimage to Floridablanca in Columbia. Locals believe they have witnessed a miracle and others are swarming to catch a glimpse.

Resident Ana Cristina Jimenez said: ‘I saw that the Virgin had a tear of blood. I was surprised. I felt joyful, sad… everything!’ Miryan Quintero, another woman from the community, added: ‘I believe it. The Virgin is alive in Heaven. I know she’s real.’

An unnamed local said: ‘Every day the neighbours pray in front of the Virgin Mary and yesterday they saw that she had a tear from her left eye.

‘People went to look at her closely and confirmed it was true. Many people have come to see it and have been stunned.’

The Catholic Church has not commented or participated in the unexpected mass pilgrimage, although the archbishop of the nearby city of Bucaramanga has asked people to be cautious.

Local priest Jorge Eliecer Garcia said: ‘People tend to rally in these situations that become pilgrimages or even business to some. But they also touch the hearts of people in one way or another.’

Locals have demanded for representatives of the Catholic Church to come and clarify if it is indeed a miracle of if there is a scientific explanation for the situation. source

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/virgin-mary-statue-cries-single-drop-blood-causes-hysteria-south-america/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:15:22 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2016, 08:57:27 pm »

Padre Pio's heart on display in US, 1st time outside Italy

The heart of St. Padre Pio will be on display in Massachusetts this week, marking the first time the religious relic has ever left its home in Italy.

The Sun reports (http://bit.ly/2cJfSVK ) that the heart will be first made available for viewing Wednesday at the Immaculate Conception Church in Lowell.

The Rev. Paul Soper says honoring the relics of saints is ancient practice in the Roman Catholic faith.

St. Padre Pio was a Capuchin friar best known for possessing the Stigmata, or wounds of Jesus Christ.

He died in Foggia, Italy, in 1968 and was canonized by Pope John Paul II in 2002. The body of St. Padre Pio is believed to be partially incorrupt.

The heart can also be seen at locations in Boston and Braintree this week.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/padre-pio-heart-on-display-in-us-1st-time-outside-italy.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »

CREEPY CORPSE OF DEAD CATHOLIC CHILD ‘SAINT’ SANTA INOCENCIA APPEARS TO OPENS HER EYES
A Catholic child saint Santa Inocencia that was stabbed to death by her father 300 years ago appears to blink at a tourist in a terrifying video.

To me, in the video it just looks like the video focused clear at that point it looks like it opens its eyes. All most all of the video is blurry. 

SANTA INOCENCIA FIXES STARE DURING TOURIST FILM AT CATHEDRAL OF GUADALAJARA
“There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.” Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

EDITOR’S NOTE: That the Vatican loves creepy, dead things there is no doubt. All over the world, in glass coffins and metal boxes, body parts and fully-embalmed corpses of “saints” are preserved for the Roman Catholic faithful to worship and say prayers to. Well, recently one appeared to open her eyes and blink. Demonism captured on film or elaborate hoax? You watch and decide for yourself.

A Catholic child saint Santa Inocencia that was stabbed to death by her father 300 years ago appears to blink at a tourist in a terrifying video. The corpse of Santa Inocencia bares her eyes for the first time in centuries during a film made by a visitor to the Cathedral of Guadalajara in Mexico, where she is kept.

THE CORPSE, WHICH HAS BEEN PRESERVED IN WAX, LOOKS STRAIGHT INTO THE CAMERA DURING THE EERIE MOMENT.

Video of the corpse, who is dressed in a white ceremonial gown, has since been viewed over 600,000 times on YouTube – with viewers divided on whether paranormal activity is at work or the incident is a hoax.

CATHOLICS WORSHIP OTHER DEAD CATHOLICS:
All over the world, bodies of dead Catholic saints are preserved in glass coffins and put on display for the Catholic faithful to worship and pray to.

The legend of Santa Inocencia, whose name translates to St Innocent, includes a tale of a young girl who is killed by her father after taking Holy Communion.

The story suggests that her father banned her from becoming Catholic, but the girl ran away and joined the religion after befriending a nun. source

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/dead-catholic-saint-santa-inocencia-blinks-opens-her-eyes/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2016, 04:37:26 pm »

'It's a miracle!' Face of Jesus appears on a wall during Catholic ceremony in Argentina

Photograph, which appears to show 'face of Jesus Christ', shared online
     It was taken by Favio Garay, who was at Catholic ceremony in Argentina
     Sceptics online said it was simply caused by random shadows on surface

A photograph has emerged, showing what appears to be the face of Jesus Christ projected on a surface next to a Catholic priest in Argentina.

The picture, which was published in local media and has gone viral online, was taken during a Catholic ceremony in the town of Caucete.

Worshippers had gathered in the town, not far from the Chilean border, to perform the novena, a ritual which consists of conducting religious prayers in public for nine successive days.

The photo was shared online by a local man named Favio Garay, who took part in the event.

The image shows a priest sitting at a table and apparently addressing people with a microphone.

To his left, there is a religious statue but to his right is an image which looks similar to the face of Jesus Christ as seen in numerous paintings and religious icons.

Several sceptics online said the image was caused by random shadows.

But many others believed it was a miracle, possibly brought about by the power of prayer.

Silvia Yacanto commented on social media: 'This is incredible!'

Lili Peralta added: 'This is it, friends, we need to share what's good. It's worth it!'

Maria Vega commented: 'Beautiful photo. I'll share it. It fills me with happiness.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3967958/It-s-miracle-Face-Jesus-appears-wall-Catholic-ceremony-Argentina.html#ixzz4R3xV8hTZ

Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2016, 04:45:50 pm »

When I was just a "window shopping christian", I for some reason thought Catholics were part of bible believing Christians. HOWEVER - whenever I would see statutes of Mary et al in front of people's houses, it just looked WEIRD and CULT-LIKE.

Now I know why.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2016, 08:54:10 pm »

An ancient vial of 'miracle' blood failed to liquefy, and that's a bad omen for 2017

One of the most famous recurring miracles — even if one not quite sanctioned by the Catholic Church — is the liquefaction of the dried blood of San Gennaro, or St. Januarius, a bishop of Naples martyred around 305 A.D. and the city's patron saint. Starting in 1389, the vial of San Gennaro's blood typically turns liquid three times a year: on the Saturday before the first Sunday of May; on his saint's feast day, Sept. 19; and on Dec. 16, the day Mt. Vesuvius erupted in 1631. The blood liquefied on Sept. 19 this year, but not on Dec. 16. "In local lore, the failure of the blood to liquefy signals war, famine, disease, or other disaster," Catholic News Agency reports.

The relic failed to liquefy in September 1939, when World War II broke out; during a cholera outbreak in Naples in 1973; and in 1980, the year of a deadly earthquake, Italy's La Stampa newspaper says. But Msgr. Vincenzo De Gregorio, the abbott of the Chapel of the Treasure of San Gennaro, took a philosophical view. "We must not think of disasters and calamities," he counseled, according to the ANSA news agency. "We are men of faith and we must pray."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/668384/ancient-vial-miracle-blood-failed-liquefy-thats-bad-omen-2017
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2017, 01:57:45 pm »

Over 200 Injured as 1.5 Million Filipinos Throng ‘Healing’ Idol Marched Through Streets

Over 200 were injured on Monday as an estimated 1.5 million Filipinos sought to press up against a centuries-old statue of Christ that was marched through the streets of Manila as part of an annual Roman Catholic celebration called the Feast of the Black Nazarene.

As previously reported, Catholics in the country, some holding rosaries, banners and/or cloths, seek to touch the wood carving of Jesus carrying the cross out of their belief that it possesses healing powers or can bring good fortune.

“If you seek a favor, it will be granted as long as you pray hard,” Lolit Gonzales, 45, told the Manila Times. She asserted that she had been healed of a knee injury after participating in the event two years ago.

“The Nazarene has given me everything: a stable job and health for my family,” Armando Bantayaun, 57, also told reporters.

The carving, known as the Black Nazarene for the figure’s dark complexion, is believed to have been brought from Mexico to Manila in the 1600’s. It was carried aboard a ship, and although the vessel caught fire, it was not destroyed.

For the past 200 years, millions have flooded the streets as the wooden carving is carried through Manila for its annual feast day.

This year was no exception, as some followers along the 20-hour procession tossed cloths to those who were adjacent to the carriage, hoping that they could swipe the idol for them. Some walked barefoot in the 30-degree weather to show penance and to recreate Jesus’ supposed barefoot act of carrying the cross.

“It’s part of my sacrifice,” Kath Espino, 28, told the Latin American Herald Tribune, advising that she asked the Nazarene that she conceive a child.

Johnny Yu, who leads the Manila Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (MDDRMO), told the Philippine Inquirer that most the injuries were minor, but three women who fell after attempting to climb up on the carriage that was carrying the statue were nearly trampled to death. Seven others were also injured after being struck by falling steel railings.

A number of those participating in the procession collapsed, suffered bruises, or complained of elevated blood pressure along the route.

Cheramie Ko, a business owner, told reporters that she has decided to keep her distance after almost being seriously injured in the past.

“I fell in the midst of an avalanche of people and I thought I was going to die until someone managed to pull me out,” she recalled. “I had bruises all over my body. It was a very traumatic experience for me and my family, so I’ve been staying on the sidelines ever since.”

Over 5,000 police were sent to oversee the procession along its route, which began at 5:00 a.m. Monday morning. Despite the injuries, authorities characterized the event as being “peaceful and solemn.”

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte issued remarks in favor of the observance.

“Good fortunes are usually borne out of hard work and perseverance. Prayers are likely answered because we do not give up or get tired from asking God for the fulfillment of our heart’s desires,” he said. “Such is the phenomenal expression of faith of the millions of devotees in the form of gratitude, petition, and sacrifice shown in the image of the Black Nazarene every feast day on the 9th of January every year.”

Duterte had made local headlines recently after telling those who take issue with this foul language to complain to God.

“If you have something against me, about my mouth, about my character, go to God and complain. He was the one who made me. He is the one to be blamed, not me,” he said.

As previously reported, the vast majority of Filipinos—approximately 80 percent—are Roman Catholic. Only an estimated 2.8 percent of the population professes to be evangelical Christian.

http://christiannews.net/2017/01/14/over-200-injured-as-1-5-million-filipinos-throng-healing-idol-marched-through-streets/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2017, 07:25:01 pm »

Vatican issues new rules for relics in saint-making roman-greco demi god process

The Vatican’s saint-making office has updated its rules governing the use of relics for would-be saints, issuing detailed new guidelines Saturday that govern how body parts and cremated remains are to be obtained, transferred and protected for eventual veneration.

The instructions explicitly rule out selling the hair strands, hands, teeth and other body parts of saints that often fetch high prices in online auctions. They also prohibit the use of relics in sacrilegious rituals and warn that the church may have to obtain consent from surviving family members before unearthing the remains of candidates for sainthood.

Bodily relics are an important part of Catholic tradition, since the body is considered to be the “instrument” of the person’s saintliness. Beatification and canonization Masses often feature the relic being ceremoniously brought to the altar in an elaborate display case and allowing the faithful to publicly venerate the new blessed or saint for the first time.

Officials said the new guidelines were necessary given some obstacles that had arisen since the rules were last revised in 2007, particularly when surviving relatives and church officials disagreed. One current case before a U.S. appeals court concerns a battle over the remains of Fulton Sheen, an American archbishop known for his revolutionary radio and television preaching in the 1950s and 1960s.

Sheen’s niece went to court to force the archdiocese of New York to transfer Sheen’s body from the crypt of St. Patrick’s Cathedral to Peoria, Illinois, where Sheen was born, ordained a priest and where his sainthood cause has been launched by Peoria’s bishop.

The New York archdiocese refused and appealed a 2016 lower court ruling in favor of the niece. A decision from the appeals court is expected soon.

Monsignor Robert Sarno of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Causes of Saints said it’s impossible to know what difficulties could complicate a saint-making case or whether the new guidelines might have helped avoid the legal battle over Sheen.

But Sarno said the Vatican believed the updates were needed anyway to provide bishops around the world with a detailed, go-to guide in multiple languages to replace the Latin instructions that provided only general rules to follow.

New to the protocols is an article that makes clear that bishops must have the “consent of the heirs” in places where the bodies of the dead legally belong to surviving family members or heirs.

The revised instructions lay out in detail how a body is to be unearthed, saying it must be covered with a “decorous” cloth while a relic is being taken or authenticated, and then re-buried in clothes of similar style.

They also make clear that the bishops involved must agree in writing to any transfer of remains and call for absolute secrecy when a body is unearthed and a relic taken for eventual veneration.

The document repeats church teaching that relics from candidates for sainthood can only be venerated publicly once they have been beatified, the first step to possible sainthood, and not before.

The guidance explicitly allows for cremated remains to be used as relics. For most of its 2,000-year history, the Catholic Church only permitted burial, arguing that it best expressed the Christian hope for resurrection. But in 1963, the Vatican explicitly allowed cremation as long as it didn’t suggest a denial of faith about resurrection.

The new instructions only cover the so-called “first class” of relics from the actual body of the saintly candidate. The church also recognizes second- and third-class relics, such as clothes and other materials that came into contact with the would-be saint’s body.

https://apnews.com/c28bcc8a285d46caafbd2900df598782/Vatican-issues-new-rules-for-relics-in-saint-making-process
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2018, 12:02:05 am »

Virgin Mary Statue spotted ‘crying’ in Hobbs, New Mexico (video)

A small church in New Mexico has been inundated with visitors after a statue of the Virgin Mary was seen weeping at the site. The eerie enigma at the Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in the town of Hobbs was first noticed by a wife and husband attending Sunday service earlier this month. Initially thinking that the ‘tears’ were simply a reflection of the light, they were amazed when, upon getting closer to the statue, that they, indeed, saw some kind of moisture that was coming from the eyes of the piece.

Word soon spread among the excited congregation and ultimately reached the church’s pastor, Father Pepe, who was mystified by what perceive to be a miraculous occurrence. Intriguingly, he says that the tears do not seem to be watery and are, instead, an oily substance which he described as smelling like roses. Pepe preserved some of the tears with a cloth and the Catholic Church plans to investigate the matter to see if they can determine if there is a some explanation, beyond divine intervention, for the odd event.

Meanwhile, the story surrounding the church’s statue has become something of a sensation in the area with people from throughout New Mexico as well as other nearby states flocking to the site. The rush of curious visitors has been so enormous that workers at the church say that they have had to keep the building open around the clock in order to accommodate the continuous wave of visitors. And while they weeping may eventually be explained by some kind of issue with the building, we’re guessing that, to those who make the trek to the church, where the crying came from may be less important than what it might mean.

Now what does this Virgin Mary Statue crying mean?

http://strangesounds.org/2018/06/virgin-mary-statue-spotted-crying-in-hobbs-new-mexico-video.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2018, 12:30:28 pm »

Virgin Mary statue appears to 'weep' olive oil that smells like roses

The Catholic Diocese of Las Cruces has made some progress investigating a Virgin Mary sculpture in a Hobbs, New Mexico church that appears to be weeping.

Bishop Oscar Cantú of the diocese — which spans all of southern New Mexico, including Hobbs — said Friday a sample of the fluid collected from the sculpture was sent for chemical analysis.

"And we determined it was olive oil, a scented olive oil," he said. "Some of the witnesses claimed it smelled of roses, so something similar to the oil I bless and consecrate each year that we use for baptism, for confirmations and for ordination of the priests."

The fact it is olive oil doesn't preclude the occurrence from being deemed a church miracle. But an investigation is still underway.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/17/virgin-mary-statue-crying-olive-oil/791124002/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: