End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 10:03:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Christmas Is Spiritual Adultery?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Is Spiritual Adultery?  (Read 1435 times)
akfools
« on: November 05, 2011, 06:19:21 pm »

Christmas Is Spiritual Adultery?

“These be thy gods, O Israel …
To morrow is a feast to the LORD.”
Exodus 32:4-5

“Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.”
Jeremiah 3:6

If you think this is extreme or harsh, read Ezekiel 16 and/or 23 carefully.

1. Adultery is horrible. When a woman gives her body and love to another man for intimate sexual pleasures, she terribly betrays her husband. He is defrauded by having his most personal and prized object treacherously shared with a competitor. Adultery is outrageously wicked. (Leviticus 20:10; Numbers 5:11-31; Job 31:9-12; Proverbs 6:32-35)

2. Jealousy is the result. It is the anger, envy, and pain when something dear to you is given to another. It occurs intensely in a husband, when his wife gives her body and love to others. Adultery causes great jealousy, as Scripture and nature show. (Numbers 5:11-31; Proverbs 6:32-35)

3. God is Jealous. He created and saved His people from serving the devil to be His very own bride. He expects total adoration and perfect obedience. The first and great commandment is to love Him with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. He will not share your love or interest with other things. His name is Jealous, and He burns in jealous rage when His people even flirt with anything else. (Exodus 20:3-5; 34:14; Deuteronomy 4:24; 6:15; 29:20; 32:16; Joshua 24:19; Isaiah 42:8; 48:11; 1 Corinthians 10:22)

4. God hates idols and icons. God condemned all idols, any graven image or likeness of any thing, and any devotion given to them, because He is jealous of any flirting or distraction by His chosen bride with the false gods of paganism. Their gods are bugs, trees, stones, and stars. He is the invisible Spirit of eternity. He does not want any other object getting even indirect attention. He even hated Moses’ brass serpent. (Exodus 20:3-5; Deuteronomy 4:15-26; 5:8; 2 Kings 18:3-4; Isaiah 40:25)

5. False religion is spiritual adultery. The Old Testament condemned association with false religion as spiritual adultery with false gods in the most graphic terms. Due to the ignorance of most Christians, they are unaware of these awful charges and descriptions in the word of God. (Exodus 34:10-17; Leviticus 17:1-9; 20:1-8; Numbers 14:33; 15:37-41; Deuteronomy 31:14-21; Judges 2:17; 8:27,33; 2 Kings 9:22; 1 Chronicles 5:25; 2 Chronicles 21:12-15; Psalm 73:25-28; 106:34-43; Jeremiah 3:1-5,9; 13:25-27; Ezekiel 6:8-10; 16:15-38; 20:28-32; 23:1-49; 43:7-10; Hosea 1:1-3; 2:1-5; 4:12-19; 5:1-7; 6:4-11; 9:1; Nahum 3:1-7)

6. Props to worship God are condemned. The Lord knew His people would be intrigued by the customs of pagan religion, including the use of green trees. So He condemned any flirting with false gods by His people using their customs in worshipping Him. Their intentions or motives toward Him did not matter! He was extremely jealous of their use of traditions and/or objects from His competitors while professing to love Him only. (Exodus 32:1-6,26-29; Deuteronomy 12:1-4; 12:29-32)

7. Christians cannot flirt with the world. The blessed God plainly condemns friendship with this world as spiritual adultery. If you love the world, then you have betrayed and cheated on the Lord. He hates everything the world loves, and He demands His people to come out from them and not even touch their things, including Christmas, which is the world’s favorite religious and commercial festival. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17; Luke 16:15; James 4:4; 1 John 2:15-17; Revelation 18:4)

8. True saints are chaste virgins. Paul’s ministerial work, based in godly jealousy and fear, was to present churches and saints as chaste virgins to Christ, pure from fornication with another Jesus, spirit, or gospel. There is another Jesus presented by Satan, but loyal saints will have nothing to do with this pretending seducer. Neither will they be moved by the Christmas spirit that infects so many during the final weeks of the year. (2 Corinthians 11:1-4; Ephesians 5:27; Colossians 1:28; 1 John 4:1-6)

9. Compromise is adultery against Christ. We are living in the perilous times of the last days, when an effeminate and compromising brand of Christianity threatens the true saints and churches of Jesus. Most so-called Christians today love the world and pleasure more than holy living and doctrinal preaching. They have no heart for earnestly contending for the faith once delivered to the saints. They prefer fables of Santa and Christmas dramas at church rather than hard preaching of God’s inspired Scriptures. They have turned from the Lover of their soul to entertaining seducers. (2 Timothy 3:1 – 4:5; Jude 1:3)

10. Roman Catholicism is the Great Wh0re. The Bible describes the church of Rome as a garishly dressed harlot with a chalice full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication, because she adopted many pagan customs to seduce her followers into spiritual adultery. This has been the near universal understanding of God’s true saints for 2000 years. But she is not alone, for the churches of the Protestant Reformation are her harlot daughters by retaining many of her sacramental and liturgical corruptions. (Daniel 7:1-28; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; 1 Timothy 4:1-3; Revelation 13:1-18; 17:1-18; 18:1-24; 19:1-4)

11. Christmas is Catholic. For Bible believers, the name of the winter feast is enough – Christ’s Mass. The mass is a Catholic blasphemy in which they pretend to turn a cracker into God on their altars. They bow, worship, and talk to their cracker before eating it. Then they lock the leftover God in a little house made to keep Him safe. The Lord Jesus Christ died once for His elect, and He has never been on the altar of any Catholic Church. He is coming soon to vaporize it with the breath of His mouth. (2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 10:10-14)

12. Christmas is pagan idolatry. Superstitious pagans soon invented the worship of agriculture and the sun, for they realized their lives depended on both. Winter celebrations developed long before Jesus to celebrate harvest and the Invincible Sun. It was common to use evergreen branches, wreaths, and trees in their winter festivals. The Bible condemns green trees, even if they are used to worship God and celebrate the birth of Jesus. (Deuteronomy 12:1-4; Jeremiah 2:20; 3:6,13; 10:1-16)

13. Christmas is spiritual adultery. Taking an evergreen tree, putting it in your house, decorating it with twinkling lights, sitting in the dark, and adoring it to the tunes of Christmas carols is spiritual adultery. You are professing to love Jesus Christ, but you are doing so with the mementos and techniques brought from other lovers – the world and pagan religion. You are not content with Jesus Christ and His pure gospel found in the New Testament – for there is no Christmas there. You have added seductions of the world to keep you happy in your marriage. Jesus Christ is offended at your whorish ways.

14. Only total rejection will work. God is jealous. He will not let you flirt with His competitors. He will not let you keep mementos from past lovers, like an evergreen tree. He will not let you remember the important dates of past intimacy with paganism, like December 25. He will not let you use a blasphemous combination of His name, like Christ’s Mass. He demands that you separate totally from your past lovers, the world, and false religion. (Romans 12:1-2; 16:17-18; 2 Corinthians 6:14-17; 2 Thessalonians 3:6; 1 Timothy 6:3-5; 2 Timothy 3:1-5; Titus 3:10-11; Revelation 18:4)

15. There are many Scriptures to help. The Bible clearly condemns observing Christmas and other holy days of Rome’s whitewashed paganism. We are Bible Christians, and our religion is based squarely on the word of God without any regard for human tradition, popular opinion, warm and fuzzy feelings, or the countless compromises and inventions of contemporary Christianity.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:04:00 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:46:00 pm »

For years, when T-Giving would roll around, that's when my local radio stations would start playing xmas rock music et al 24/7, all the way until 12 midnight xmas day. This was THE time of year when all of a sudden my soul and heart would just have this DIFFERENT feeling. Can't explain it, but it's as if I'm sucked into some kind of TRANCE/spell during this time as I'm listening to this music.

Then the next thing I know I'm watching xmas-themed movies on tv, I'm thinking about the season 24/7, the list goes on, and to make matters worse my churches would celebrate it.

But guess what would happen after 12/25 midnight would tick...the season is OVER, and for the remainder of the winter season(until Spring hit), I would be in a sudden state of DEPRESSION. B/c the season is GONE, gone is the MUSIC, gone is pretty much EVERYTHING that would spell you and "make you feel good".

And to make matters worse, this is also the time of year when you're OBLIGATED to eat all this junk food(at work parties, at school parties, at family parties, and there's pretty much xmas parties all over the place).

Paul says our battles are spiritual wickedness in high places...yeah, when he stressed not against flesh and blood, he really was trying a stress a point here.

So pretty much as Christians, is very important to stray away from this and to really focus on God's word, b/c xmas is a huge trap.

And yes, this is one pagan holiday where if you even mention to others that you don't celebrate it b/c it's a pagan holiday, THAT's when the fangs would really respond to you(like never before). Is it b/c they desire all those "gifts" that they don't get to get other times of the year? Is it b/c it's the only time of the year to "have fun"? Again, Eph 6:12 - they won't even give you an answer why they think you're nuts. Heck, one time I tried to tell them pagan Rome/RCC started it all, and one of them responded, "We have the Catholic Church to thank b/c they came up with the idea of having one day to remind everyone of Jesus". Roll Eyes

Overall, yeah - noone will care if you read the KJV, they may be indifferent if you condemn Valentine's Day and even Ishtar, however, NOT xmas.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:07:34 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t08r4aMuOUE&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:32:42 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1RaeHTv9vc&feature=channel_video_title
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 05:54:42 am »

This one is my favorite.

The Origins of Christmas
45:10 - 4 years ago
From the Greeks to Pagans to grafted Christian Holidays. Proof that the war on Christmas is a pathetic marketing tool for the Right

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:37:35 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 05:58:17 am »

Theres 2 ladys that work in my office that put up little xmas trees. I walked through and said "ahh, its pagan tree time", and the older lady said thats not true. Of course i said i can prove it, and she got mad so i dropped it. Yesterday she had her tree lit up, so i said "ahh, you lit the little pagan tree how cute", she got mad.

I dont want to push it to hard, but im praying she asks for proof about the origins of the pagan tree.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 06:08:13 am »

For years, when T-Giving would roll around, that's when my local radio stations would start playing xmas rock music et al 24/7, all the way until 12 midnight xmas day. This was THE time of year when all of a sudden my soul and heart would just have this DIFFERENT feeling. Can't explain it, but it's as if I'm sucked into some kind of TRANCE/spell during this time as I'm listening to this music.

Then the next thing I know I'm watching xmas-themed movies on tv, I'm thinking about the season 24/7, the list goes on, and to make matters worse my churches would celebrate it.

But guess what would happen after 12/25 midnight would tick...the season is OVER, and for the remainder of the winter season(until Spring hit), I would be in a sudden state of DEPRESSION. B/c the season is GONE, gone is the MUSIC, gone is pretty much EVERYTHING that would spell you and "make you feel good".

And to make matters worse, this is also the time of year when you're OBLIGATED to eat all this junk food(at work parties, at school parties, at family parties, and there's pretty much xmas parties all over the place).

Paul says our battles are spiritual wickedness in high places...yeah, when he stressed not against flesh and blood, he really was trying a stress a point here.

So pretty much as Christians, is very important to stray away from this and to really focus on God's word, b/c xmas is a huge trap.

And yes, this is one pagan holiday where if you even mention to others that you don't celebrate it b/c it's a pagan holiday, THAT's when the fangs would really respond to you(like never before). Is it b/c they desire all those "gifts" that they don't get to get other times of the year? Is it b/c it's the only time of the year to "have fun"? Again, Eph 6:12 - they won't even give you an answer why they think you're nuts. Heck, one time I tried to tell them pagan Rome/RCC started it all, and one of them responded, "We have the Catholic Church to thank b/c they came up with the idea of having one day to remind everyone of Jesus". Roll Eyes

Overall, yeah - noone will care if you read the KJV, they may be indifferent if you condemn Valentine's Day and even Ishtar, however, NOT xmas.

I like the xmas music. The ones that really worship Jesus. Some of the songs are really good but most are just paganistic anthems. This day has been so integrated into our culture that its almost impossible to escape from. Amazing that just over 100 years ago it was illegal in most of the country.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:44:20 am »

Here's the thing about xmas - on this very day is when everyone will exchange presents with each other. And what are these "gifts"? Worldly things - worldly toys(some NWO-conditioning) for kids, clothes for adults(ie-I personally am LOADED with clothes, so why would I need more?), and pretty much other stuff that anyone can buy if needed any time of the year. But overall, it's as if people crave this stuff b/c they don't get to have them any time of the year, nor do they want to spend their OWN money to buy it if they really want it.

Seriously, is this REALLY the will of God, for people to exchange worldly gifts to each other, even IF Dec 25 happened to be Jesus's birthdate? COME ON! I thought God's gifts are SPIRITUAL that come from heaven, and NOT from Sears, Wal Mart, Toys R Us, Radio Shack, or any other worldly business entity and rejects Christ. I mean my 4 year old niece would get lots of toys nonsense every year, but guess what, after being all excited in the short term, she wouldn't even touch it anymore months later(ie-last time I was at their house, her xmas toys looked kinda dusted).

And people really think we're remembering Christ by exchanging these secular gifts with one another? On another note, going around xmas shopping is probably the most stressful time of the year - seriously, you are NOT remembering Jesus in your hearts when you're running around town shopping for junk for everyone you know. That's NOT my Jesus, our Lord Jesus Christ wants us to enter into his REST, as his yoke is light, and we can learn of him.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 02:55:52 pm »

Another thing - during the xmas season, people in general are jumping from party to party. Whether it's at work, school, their friends, their church members, the list goes on, but it ends up being MANY parties(and throw in the New Years parties as well).

So it's not like they will get a big intake of junk food for merely one day, but for MANY days. So what is the result? Their health is going to be pretty bad for a good bit, and even worse, it seems like depression et al really kicks in for the remainder of the winter season...coincidence that the "flu season" happens in Jan/Feb? Coincidence that you don't see very many "happy" people in Jan/Feb? Yeah, all that poison in these junk foods will really, really take its toll over the long haul. Not only physically, but mentally too as all the MSG et all will really take harm.

And then throw in all the "feel good" movies by Hellywood during the month of Dec. Even worse, these "feel good" movies are very blasphemous(ie-way back in 1998, 2 of those holiday "feel good" hits, "Patch Adams" and "Stepmom", were just THAT).

Ultimately, you can see the rotten fruits of xmas...this is definitely NOT our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ wouldn't even think twice to put anyone through this.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 02:59:08 am »

Good posts BornAgain2 Smiley

The whole Christmas thing is very fleshly and carnal.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 03:04:27 pm »

To the thread question, yes, I believe the pagan xmas practice is, for Christians, spiritual adultry.

Needless to say I have some family that don't understand. I use to participate years ago, but since learned and have rejected it. I don't even make phone calls on those days as that's a recognition of sorts, so better to call some other time.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 03:08:30 pm »

To the thread question, yes, I believe the pagan xmas practice is, for Christians, spiritual adultry.

Needless to say I have some family that don't understand. I use to participate years ago, but since learned and have rejected it. I don't even make phone calls on those days as that's a recognition of sorts, so better to call some other time.

Another thing - churches will try to make excuses like, "We need to use this season to witness Christ to others". But here's the thing, they end up witnessing Jesus's BIRTH to the world. What's the point? Belief in Jesus's birth does NOT get you saved, it's the belief in his RESURRECTION. Romans 10:9-10 says it all.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 03:21:56 am »

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/37630610150397974622044.jpg/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:25:06 am by Christian40 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 04:01:10 am »

Cheesy that is so true. and all the arguments over it. People just do not know history, and are to afraid to look into the truth. I also abhor those "christian" sites and people that promote the idea, because they almost always know the truth. That is lying my friend. They use it to promote their selves and usually an organization for money. Like these boycott's that go on every year. They use happy holidays and not chrsitmas or they use xmas. Well they should use happy holidays as thats what it is, a bunch of pagan holidays all rolled into 1 month ending in an drunken 0rgy for new years.     

Some one needs to clue in these morons that the celebration of Christmas PREDATES Jesus coming. Thats right, the holiday was celebrated long before Jesus showed up. In fact it goes all the way back to Nimrod and Semeramis in Babylon.

We weren't saved by Jesus's birth. We are only saved by the blood he shed when he died, and than ROSE from the dead 3 days later. Now that is something to celebrate every single day.

Psa 145:2 Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 04:24:49 am »

"This [is] the day [which] the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 03:24:07 am »

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. Proverbs 11:30

http://www.chick.com/seasonal/christmas/
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 06:13:16 pm »

*sigh* it seems like everywhere I go, there's this seducing xmas music playing. I will not lie about this, even I get seduced by this music. When I was at Sam's Club the other day, had one ring in my ear for the rest of the day.

If anything, the best way to combat this is listening to gospel hymns(thankfully, have a CD at my house).

Anyhow, *sigh* rock music with all of its occulting, bewitching tones is one thing, but this xmas music is even worse. And it disgusts me b/c "Christmas", according to the Catholics, really means "Celebrating the DEATH of Christ, a VICTIM".
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 11:20:17 am »

Let's all praise the Lord that it is OVER!(OK, we still have the pagan "New Years", but nonetheless, let's give thanks to Him that got us through this fire).

Overall, Xmas is THE most seducing pagan holiday, and idolatry for that matter infiltrating the Christian church. I was surprised Bryan D defended celebrating this holiday, and to some extent so did Chris Pinto(even though he exposed its pagan roots). No, I'm not defending them or anything(I still like them both), but nonetheless I think we see why some people like to defend this pagan holiday, b/c it's incredibly seducing. Even Jesus warned to beware of those that seduce you.

Was at Sam's Club the other day, and ended up getting bewitched by a secular Xmas song playing in the store.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 12:05:22 pm »

Was at Sam's Club the other day, and ended up getting bewitched by a secular Xmas song playing in the store.

I like most christmas songs, just played at the wrong time of the year.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 12:49:43 pm »

Yeah well, "here comes satan claus" isn't exactly on the top of my list!

Personally I hate them, and cringe every time I hear one. The real tough part is that my wife doesn't hsare in my disdain for that festival. I don't celebrate it, and don't participate any more than I absolutely have to. Needless to say the wife isn't exaclty happy she got nothing from me for x-mas. She even gave me cash for gifts. Now that was a sticky spot! I just had to man up and tell her in no uncertain terms I don't do x-mas and gave her the cash back. That's like asking me to celebrate Halloween. Same thing. We are exhorted to not do it.

Are we to please men or God? And who is my family? Who is my spouse? Thank you Jesus!

It's amazing to sit back and watch the greed and covetousness that is fueled by that festival. People aren't into the giving of gifts, they want gifts! That's the truth, and the "love of money" is the biggest problem with it. It teaches people to not be content, and it honors another Jesus.

Sorry, I hate it with a "perfect hatred"!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 12:54:52 pm »

let me explain a little. I dont like those kind of songs, the Santa ones. I like the ones about Jesus. Who really doesnt like o holy night done well? Thats a good song.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 01:27:37 pm »

It's the motivation for writing that song that's the problem. It was written for a pagan celebration in an attempt to make it look Christian when it's not.

Actually, I think it can be said that churchianity coopted a pagan holiday and added their own religion to it. Talking about Jesus does't make it Christian. All that means is that your talking about Jesus during a pagan celebration, which His Word will not return void, but, in certain scenarios, the swine can turn and rend you, so we do need to watch where we share His Word.

That said, let every man be persuaded... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 04:51:44 pm »

I tell you guys, it's tough - I think my mom got the message that I don't want to celebrate this pagan holiday, but when it came to a couple of gifts thrown my way, I just kept a low profile. The book kindle-fire thing my brother gave me, I just gave it to my dad, and some cash my mom bought me, I just quietly used it to buy groceries she needed(as well as a couple of packages we sent today), so it was as if she gave me her money to buy some groceries we needed.

Overall, the whole celebration just disgusts me. When my parents's fellow Christian friends came by to me on Sun and said "Merry Christmas", I just responded by saying nothing(but I ended up shaking their hand). I was at the barber yesterday, and the lady haircutter asked me what I did for xmas, I just responded "Over the weekend I..."(ie-I just mentioned "weekend", and apparently she may have gotten the message when I asked her how her weekend was, and she responded, "My weekend I did...").

Yes, I know we need to take a stand for the truth a suffer persecution, and I fell short of this. I should have done what you did, Kilika. No, I'm not going to claim any "moral victories" for myself here b/c supposedly I made "improvements"(We don't glory in the flesh, and God is not a respector of persons. And like you said, we please GOD, AND NOT man.

But yes, my spirit just felt VERY grieved(ie-even worse than seeing JT and Geo blaspheming Christianity on PPF) witnessing the actions going on with this pagan holiday over the last month.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 06:59:52 am »

The book kindle-fire thing my brother gave me, I just gave it to my dad,

uhm if you want to get rid of any more of those i will gladly give you my address and pay the shipping.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 01:33:01 pm »

Well, finally the Catholic holy-day is over...

Not that I'm endorsing the public school system, but here goes...

When it comes to other vacations/holidays...for example, the 3 month summer break, by late Aug when we had to go back, the feelings were almost all of us were LOOKING FORWARD to going back after a long break where part of the time we had time to do nothing. Another example is Spring Break - when the one week vacation was wrapping to a close, almost all of us felt very refreshed to the point where when we got back to the school building, we were more refreshed to do what we were doing.

With the 2 week or so xmas vacation? It would start out with a bang...when I was a boy, the overnight lockout at my church would take place the same day we were let out. Then the next day kicked off a weekend where the NFL games would start on Sat(instead of Sun at noon). So it was as if we felt so spoiled to our heart's desires, as the weather was cold, every entertainment and every "present" our heart desired hit us every which way.

It would coast along from day 1, all the way to xmas day, all the way to new years day, with a bunch of "goodies" inbetween hitting us...however, by the time the VERY LAST day of the vacation hit, it was as if it just BLINDED us out of nowhere as if we completely forgot school was going to resume the next day. If memory serves, it was back in 8th grade when I was watching a movie on tv at night, and all of a sudden it hit me then that I had to go to bed early to get ready for school the next day. I was like *UGH only 2 hours left of fun and games*. This was probably THE day of the year where I would really have trouble sleeping at night when I knew I really needed the sleep to get up early the next morning. And then the following remaining winter period just felt like a big state of depression.

Wow...these spiritual demons associated with xmas reminds me of Legion in the bible. You give the devil an inch, he will make you pay the piper in a big way.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: