End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:55:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Rick Warren’s Latest Demonic Trap Exposed the "Daniel Plan"

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick Warren’s Latest Demonic Trap Exposed the "Daniel Plan"  (Read 2498 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:29:36 pm »

Rick Warren hosts 'cult' celebrity docs
Features promoters of Eastern mysticism, universalism

When megachurch pastor Rick Warren decided he needed to take his health seriously, he responded in typically ambitious fashion, launching a year-long health program for his church, "The Daniel Plan," written with the help of three celebrity doctors who will appear at a kickoff seminar today.

But critics point out the physicians who crafted the program apparently don't share the church's professed evangelical beliefs, espousing instead various forms of Eastern mysticism and the tenets of a Christian cult, Swedenborgism.

Vowing to lose 90 pounds, Warren said he placed himself under the care of Drs. Mehmet Oz, Daniel Amen and Mark Hyman last fall and worked with each to develop "The Daniel Plan."

Oz, host of the Emmy-winning "Dr. Oz Show" and professor of surgery at Columbia University, says he is inspired by Emanuel Swedenborg, an 18th century cult founder who taught that all religions lead to God and denied orthodox Christian beliefs such at the atonement of Christ for sin, the trinity and the deity of the Holy Spirit.

Read more: Rick Warren hosts 'cult' celebrity docs http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=251133#ixzz1B9LItB4k
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 06:06:44 am »

Rick Warren’s Latest Demonic Trap Exposed–The “New Health and Wellness Initiative” Promoting Tantric Sex Yoga, Meditation and Reiki

Part 1
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=2511

Part 2
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=2506

Pdf
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/wp-content/uploads/Rick-Warren-Health-Initiative-Tantra-Meditation-Reiki.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 07:04:53 am »

I have to admit I have been hesitant to criticize Rick Warren. His book, The Purpose Driven Life,  encouraged me when I was a new Christian. I know there are a lot of folks at my church that like him too. But I can’t ignore this one.

Warren decided to lose some weight and do a major health promotion at Saddleback. Of course, everything is BIG at Saddleback so he wanted to get some top name physicians and health consultants. So does he draw from the top minds of evangelicalism? No… he went to the top of of the evil world system.

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions. ( 2 Tim 4:3)

Warren put himself and now his flock under the care of Drs. Mehmet Oz, Mark Hyman, and Daniel Amen who have developed “The Daniel Plan.” Dr. Oz , an Oprah favorite, is the host of the Emmy-winning “Dr. Oz Show” and professor of surgery at Columbia University.  His medical qualifications aside, he openly admits that he is inspired by occultist Emmanuel Swedenborg.  Swedenborg was an 8th century cult founder who had elaborate conversations “Angels”  who dictated his apostate theology. There can be no doubt that they were fallen angels because he taught that all religions lead to God and denied orthodox Christian doctrines like the atonement of Christ, the trinity and the deity of the Holy Spirit. These aren’t excusable errors. Pastor Warren is knowingly putting his church under the influence of this New Age guru. Has he no discernment? What about shame?

He is also endorsing Hyman, a New York Times best-selling author who promotes New Age Buddhist style meditation via the Shambahala center. Amen is an advocate of Buddhist Tantric sex practices and the dubious brain science behind his diet plan Change Your Brain, Change Your Body has attracted the attention of Quackwatch.org.

Seriously, Rick Warren is supposed to be a Southern Baptist, what is going on? It seems that publicity and celebrity trump doctrinal purity and protecting his flock. Perhaps he should consider the warning from James…

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. (Jms. 3:1)

He might take a hint from Francis Chan as well. For more detailed information I suggest this piece by Lighthouse  Trails Research.

http://www.logosapologia.org/?p=1435
Report Spam   Logged

Livefreeordie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 01:15:31 pm »

I have to admit I have been hesitant to criticize Rick Warren. His book, The Purpose Driven Life,  encouraged me when I was a new Christian. I know there are a lot of folks at my church that like him too. But I can’t ignore this one.

Rick Warren is altogether New World order scum. He is not only part of the UN, he is also part of the CFR...if not countless "other" worldly, NEW AGE organizations that he is keeping secret.

And as far as his "book"...I wouldn't read that or promote that to anybody if he paid me $10,000...or $10,000,000.

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. {2 Corinthians 11:13-15...KJB}

Report Spam   Logged

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. {Ephesians 6:11,12..KJB}
rosielee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »

This is the most dangerous thing yet presented from Rick Warren. This report below gives you an idea of what is going on.  Beware of Dr. Oz (TV fame), Dr. Hyman and Dr. Amen. 

I would encourage all of you to read at the link below.  The whole article reveals much about the three doctors listed above.

If by chance any attendees of the Saddleback “Health and Fitness Seminar” read this blog post, I encourage you to educate yourself about what globalism truly is. You also need to research Agenda 21. As stated earlier, the purpose of Agenda 21 is to restructure society. Sounds conspiratorial, I know. But it isn’t a conspiracy; it’s a published document of the United Nations that’s in full swing. Anywhere you hear the terms, “Sustainable Development,”  ”sustainable living,” “smart growth,”  ”going green,”  etc., rest assured you’ve just been exposed to the U.N.’s Agenda 21. [10]

It shouldn’t surprise us that Rick Warren would allow a seminar of this nature at Saddleback; after all, he himself has “GONE GREEN.” [11] He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. [12] This illustrates the natural progression of one being unequally yoked with non-believers & buying into heresies such as “Kingdom Now,” “Dominionism,” or “Restoration Theology.” Where these heresies reign, as they do at Saddleback, you will find that the focus subtly shifts from salvation in Christ alone, through faith alone, to misguided efforts to restore mankind & the earth through “community” works, sustainable living, and social justice. How convenient that these just happen to be the vehicles which the United Nations is using to further it’s own agenda to restructure society & unite the world under its governing body of global elites.

Here is the link:

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=5636

Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 07:41:47 pm »

That and everytime I've tried to point out his heresies to others, the kind of comments I get is, "Warren gives 90% tithes, why are you gossipping?", "Why are you judging him?", etc, etc. And another time when I told someone that Warren once said people of other faiths(Buddhists, Hindus, etc) are followers of Jesus Christ as well, his response was, "But these Buddhists and Hindus that are Christians are being persecuted among their people, Warren is only protecting them!". And other nonsense.

Also, I read just now that the big reason why in 2002 clergy of all faiths are allowed since to take unlimited deduction of their housing is because Warren CHALLENGED the limit law in court! Doesn't Warren know that the love of money is the root of all evil? And Warren was also approached by the IRS for using deductions illegally in the 1990's. Oh wait, but I thought he gives 90% tithe??

When I get a chance, I will post the article here.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 04:53:07 am »

Warren decided to lose some weight and do a major health promotion at Saddleback. Of course, everything is BIG at Saddleback so he wanted to get some top name physicians and health consultants. So does he draw from the top minds of evangelicalism? No… he went to the top of of the evil world system.

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions. ( 2 Tim 4:3)

Warren put himself and now his flock under the care of Drs. Mehmet Oz, Mark Hyman, and Daniel Amen who have developed “The Daniel Plan.” Dr. Oz , an Oprah favorite, is the host of the Emmy-winning “Dr. Oz Show” and professor of surgery at Columbia University.  His medical qualifications aside, he openly admits that he is inspired by occultist Emmanuel Swedenborg.  Swedenborg was an 8th century cult founder who had elaborate conversations “Angels”  who dictated his apostate theology. There can be no doubt that they were fallen angels because he taught that all religions lead to God and denied orthodox Christian doctrines like the atonement of Christ, the trinity and the deity of the Holy Spirit. These aren’t excusable errors. Pastor Warren is knowingly putting his church under the influence of this New Age guru. Has he no discernment? What about shame?

He is also endorsing Hyman, a New York Times best-selling author who promotes New Age Buddhist style meditation via the Shambahala center. Amen is an advocate of Buddhist Tantric sex practices and the dubious brain science behind his diet plan Change Your Brain, Change Your Body has attracted the attention of Quackwatch.org.

Seriously, Rick Warren is supposed to be a Southern Baptist, what is going on? It seems that publicity and celebrity trump doctrinal purity and protecting his flock. Perhaps he should consider the warning from James…

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. (Jms. 3:1)

He might take a hint from Francis Chan as well. For more detailed information I suggest this piece by Lighthouse  Trails Research.

http://www.logosapologia.org/?p=1435

That's part of the overall antichrist system. That's in part the abomination of desolation spiritually speaking. He is just one of many false teachers out there. Part of Warren's problem is being Southern Baptist, or any denomination of the organized chruch system. His apostate actions is yet more prophecy being fulfilled.

I also see this stuff as being part of the scripture in Revelation where it talks of the kings of the earth and their carnal relationship with the Great ****. They literally have the blood of the saints on their hands. And scripture also says they shall have their reward!

What gets me as much as anything I guess is how people keep pointing to these false teachers and their books they publish out of the love of money. Why in the world would a person want anything other than scripture is beyond me. Jesus tells us clearly where the truth is, so why go elsewhere? To me, that's spiritual adultry to look for wisdom in men's words. And the Word of God does not compromise the truth by leavening it with the carnal wisdom of other gods as Warren and others are doing.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 10:57:20 am »

Does Warren really tithe 90% of his income?

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/newsview/blogs/post?oid=901113

Rick Warren's 'unlimited' tax loophole

Rick Warren’s role in the Obama inauguration has thrown a good deal of attention on his other activities, and a piece in the Nation by University of California, Irvine, history professor Jon Wiener is getting a lot of attention. Wiener reports that Warren “had his income tax returns audited in 1996. When the IRS tried to collect the taxes it claimed he owed, Warren went to court. Congress then passed a law granting Warren’s tax deduction, pre-empting the US Court of Appeals from even taking up the case against him. The votes in the House and Senate were unanimous.”

Not many ordinary folks get that kind of service from Congress.

Wiener: “The IRS permits members of the clergy to claim exemptions for their housing. At the time of Warren’s audit the amount claimed had to be ‘reasonable’—it shouldn’t exceed the fair market value for the rental of the home. That 1996 audit concluded that Warren was deducting more than that–the IRS said he owed it $55,300. Warren challenged the IRS in tax court, arguing that his housing exemption should be unlimited. The facts were simple: in 1993 Warren deducted $77,663, his entire Saddleback Church salary that year, as a housing expense—and paid no taxes at all on that salary. In addition, he claimed a deduction for his mortgage expenses—even though they had been covered by the salary. He made similar claims in subsequent tax returns. Warren spent four years defending his housing deduction in tax court; in May 2000 he won. The court struck down the IRS’s ‘reasonable’ clergy-housing cap and accepted Warren’s argument that his housing claim could be unlimited. The IRS appealed, and since Warren lives in California, the case went to the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit…”

At this point, the issue took on a new line of inquiry. The Ninth Circuit wanted an additional question addressed, of whether the exemption was a violation of the religious establishment clause of the first amendment, and appointed legal scholar Erwin Chemerinsky to examine that topic. Chemerinsky reported to the court that the exemption was a government subsidy of religion that was barred by the first amendment. At that point, Congress intervened.

In a series on religious tax loopholes in 2006, the New York Times reported, “The tax break is not available to the staff at secular nonprofit organizations whose scale and charitable aims compare to those of religious ministries like Pastor Warren’s church, or to poorly paid inner-city teachers and day care workers who also serve their communities. The housing deduction is one of several tax breaks that leave extra money in the pockets of clergy members and their religious employers. Ministers of every faith are also exempt from income tax withholding and can opt out of Social Security. And every state but one exempts religious employers from paying state unemployment taxes—reducing the employers’ payroll expenses but also leaving their workers without unemployment benefits if they are laid off.”

It was possible, Wiener writes, for Congress to protect the traditional loophole for “pastorages” without sanctioning Warren’s unlimited grab: “The bill could have established the ‘reasonable’ standard the IRS sought for the exemption without letting Warren off the hook. Or Congress could have waited to see what the courts would decide about the constitutionality of the exemption before acting on it. Instead, Rick Warren posed as a defender of clergy of all faiths against a godless left-wing court. Not even the most progressive members of Congress were willing to stand up to him–not Ted Kennedy, Paul Wellstone, Russ Feingold, Bernie Sanders or Barney Frank. Obama’s invitation to Warren is dismaying, but this history may make it more comprehensible.”

The vote in Congress was on House Resolution 4156, the “Clergy Housing Allowance Clarification Act” of 2002. It was voted on in the U.S. House of Representatives on April 16, 2002, just six days after it was introduced! House members from Nevada voted this way:

Shelley Berkley [D]: Yes
James Gibbons [R]: Yes

The House passed the measure 408 to 199 with 26 not voting (a 2/3 vote was required). 206 Republicans and 199 Democrats voted for the bill.

In the Senate, there was no roll call vote—it was passed by unanimous consent. However, there is a method for senators to signal their opposition if they wish. Any senator could have objected to unanimous consent, which would have stopped the bill in its tracks. Neither Harry Reid or John Ensign did so, letting it slip through the senate without a fight.

What is not clear is why the court case was halted. While the congressional action mooted the portion of the court case dealing with the clergy housing cap, the issue of the United States government subsidizing religion was a constitutional one and could not be dealt with by statute change. Plans were announced to continue the case on that basis, but seem to have ended. If I find what happened to it I will add a post here.

::posted by Dennis Myers @ 2009-01-27 8:29 PM
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:50:30 am »

Emanuel Swedenborg’s Occultic Beliefs Influence Rick Warren’s Health Advisor and Now the Christian Church

“You can become a Reiki master in three weekends.” –Lisa Oz, wife of Dr. Mehmet Oz

Perhaps it is not surprising Dr. Mehmet Oz, a key teacher in Rick Warren’s 52 week health-and-wellness Daniel Plan, has been influenced by occultist Emanuel Swedenborg. Although Swedenborg rejected the biblical Christ, and communed with familiar spirits, some of Swedenborg’s admirers have been culturally significant figures. At this point in his career, Dr. Mehmet Oz certainly qualifies as such.

Those who have either appreciated or followed Swedenborg’s theology have included Helen Keller, Johnny Appleseed, Sherlock Holmes creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Carl Jung, Henry James Sr., the poet Robert Frost, and Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Swedenborg, who died in the 1700s, has been called the father of modern day spiritualism. It is likely Alcoholics Anonymous co-founder Bill Wilson’s bondage to the spirit world began with his introduction to Swedenborg’s teachings. Despite erroneous claims he was a Christian, Wilson’s spirituality was one of seances, familiar spirits, and the Ouija board. [1]

Just like Dr. Mehmet Oz, Bill Wilson was introduced to the teachings of Swedenborg through his own wife. Early in their romantic relationship, Bill Wilson “learned that [his future wife's family] were all Swedenborgians, and the mystic aspect of the faith so fascinated them they vowed to explore it more deeply one day.”[2]

In Pass It On (AA co-founder’s official biography), Bill Wilson states, “The Ouija board began moving in earnest. What followed was the fairly usual experience-it was a strange melange of Aristotle, St. Francis, diverse archangels with odd names, deceased friends–some in purgatory and others doing nicely, thank you! . . . Then, the seemingly virtuous entities would elbow them out with messages of comfort, information, advice—and sometimes just sheer nonsense.”[3] (Bold added.)

Swedenborg had power. This cannot be denied. It was stunning to learn Swedenborg had written of a spiritual “twelve steps” more than a century before Alcoholics Anonymous was birthed.[4] Did Wilson copy this term from Emanuel Swedenborg? I do not believe so. I believe that Wilson, having opened himself up to communication with unclean spirits, received his 12 Steps from the same source as had Swedenborg.

Emanuel Swedenborg experienced mystic dreams, trances, and meditation. He believed that he was visited by Christ, who informed him he was the human appointed to write the real meaning of the Bible. He believed he communicated with Moses, Luther, Mary, Aristotle, the apostle Paul, and many others.

Author Wilson Van Dusen notes, “Swedenborg used a fairly intense form [of meditation] in which he would focus on an idea of the exclusion of all else and his breathing would slow down. There have been whole books on the breathing aspect alone.”[5] Swedenborg, writes Van Dusen, “thought highly” of meditation.[6]

We are in a time when spiritual terms have been given confusing meanings; when words such as “Salvation,” are not necessarily presented as biblically intended. This is particularly true of the term, “meditation.” Rick Warren’s Daniel Plan, his association with Oz, Hyman, and Amen, may make comprehension of this even more murky.

The meditation used by Swedenborg and numerous New Age devotees, Buddhists, and Hindus, is not biblical meditation, which is essentially reading Scripture and “chewing” (reflecting and pondering) upon it. With biblical meditation, the brain is always active, and thinking.

But thinking is the enemy of the mystical meditator. As one mystic proponent put it:

Do not reflect on the meaning of the word; thinking and reflecting must cease, as all mystical writers insist. Simply “sound” the word silently, letting go of all feelings and thoughts. (Zen master, Willigis Jager, Contemplation, p. 31, cited in ATOD)

This is the Eastern meditation advocated by Rick Warren’s Daniel Planteam members Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Mark Hyman, and Dr. Daniel Amen. This meditation, used by Swedenborg and others, involves stilling the mind, sometimes by focusing on a word or phrase to “the exclusion of all else,” as Van Dusen puts it. By repeating the word or phrase over and over, a state of altered consciousness is reached. This is known as the silence. Historically, around the world, much has been experienced in this meditative silence. Spirit guides. Oneness. False “christs.” “Kundalini effect” . . . and so forth.

Deception.

This is also often portrayed in scientific terms, and portrayed as beneficial, but is an invitation to the spirit realm. As others have pointed out, when the mind is stilled and void, something else may well fill that void.

There is a battle going on—between those who hold to the Word of God and those who promote the mysticism inherent in these meditative techniques. Already the Body of Christ is infected with the “contemplative spirituality” of Richard Foster, Dallas Willard, Gary Thomas, Keri Wyatt Kent and so many others. Contemplative prayer is simply saying a “Christian-ized” word or phrase to still the mind and enter the silence. It is virtually the same as Eastern or New Age meditation, yet it has gained acceptance due to its “Christianese” disguise.

Occultist Alice Bailey, who was informed by her spirit guides, said that the New Age “illumination” would indeed come to the world through the Christian church, and she instructed her followers to leave the outer shell of Christianity intact for the time being and change it from the inside. Is this not what is happening today!  (Bailey, The Externalization of the Hierarchy, p. 510)

But now, it seems, we are “advancing” past the stage of disguising. Now, it seems, outright Eastern/New Age meditation is poised to enter the church. The realm of these spirits is the realm of deception that the Bible talks about. The Bible says that in the days before Christ’s return, the mystery of iniquity will prevail and deceive vast numbers. (See 2 Thessalonians 2:7 and Revelation 12:9.)

If all this is new to you, please take the time to research.

His people perish from lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6)

With Dr. Oz having been granted potential influence into the lives of thousands (potentially eventually millions) of Christians through Rick Warren’s Daniel Plan, it is important to consider Lisa Oz as well—because people who seek out Dr. Oz’s books will likely be exposed to his wife’s work also. The couple have worked together on projects and public appearances. Lisa Oz serves as the reader for many of Dr. Oz’s audio books.[7] And Dr. Oz does not hide his high estimation for his wife.

In her book, Lisa Oz acknowledges, “After my parents, the most influential [teacher] by far was and is Emanuel Swedenborg, an eighteenth century scientist and theologian who saw the Bible as a divinely inspired metaphor. … His writings on the nature of God, humanity, and marriage not only shaped my views but ultimately shaped who I am. For this reason you will find his doctrine, widely and wildly interpreted, as the foundation for just about every chapter in this book.”[8]

Lisa Oz is a Reiki master. This is an ancient system of occult energy, one that brings with it the risk of  familiar spirits. [9] Lisa Oz states, “You can become a Reiki master in three weekends.”[10] Many people were exposed to Reiki for the first time when Dr. Oz featured it on his popular television show. In an interview, Mrs. Oz shared that she has used Reiki on her own children.[11] The point here is not that Swedenborg used Reiki—he did not—but, rather, that Swedenborgian doctrine is often a precursor  that leads into New Age practices such as meditation and Reiki.

Of course, this makes sense, because Swedenborgianism itself can be defined as a New Age belief system. The New Age, after all, is really the Old Age, and familiar spirits for thousands of years have taken the openings offered through meditation. So it is with the increasingly popular Reiki.

In fact, consider this collective Reiki/meditative experience facilitated by Lisa Oz, which took place at a workshop she conducted along with her husband: “She followed with a couple of similar exercises, then finished with what for me was the day’s highlight: the hatsurei-ho meditation,[12] this time for hundreds. The energy in that cavernous room at the Javits Convention Center  shifted palpably as Mrs. Oz led the crowd through progressive relaxation, envisioning a golden light all around, drawing the light inside and then breathing it back out into the space around us, adding our own energy with each exhalation. There was no need to explain what Reiki was—everyone felt it, even without touch.”[13] (Bold added)

Lisa Oz then told the crowd, “Go in wellness, knowing you have brought light into the world.”[14]

What is going on with Rick Warren? Does he believe he can bring in Oz, Hyman, and Amen, and simply share only their medical teachings? Stick to the brain, Daniel Amen. Just talk about the heart, Mehmet Oz. Is that what Pastor Warren intends? Because even if these doctors don’t say anything about meditation, or Reiki, their resources are still available to all who have seen and heard them at Saddleback. Exposure to these practices therefore seems certain, all from authors highly praised by Rick Warren.

This decision to use these meditation gurus is no fluke. The list of Rick Warren’s ill-advised spiritual decisions is too long to believe that. It goes hand in hand with he and his wife’s public admiration for mystic advocate Henri Nouwen, his promotion of Gary Thomas who tells readers to repeat a word for 20 minutes in Sacred Pathways (p. 185) and who points readers to tantric sex advocate Mary Ann McPherson Oliver in Sacred Marriage, and who carries Adele Alberg Calhoun’s book, Handbook on Spiritual Disciplines in his Resource Center even though the book is riddled with New Age/panentheist references. It goes hand in hand with his own book, The Purpose Driven Life, where he tells over 30 million readers they can become “world-class Christian(s)” if they practice “breath prayers” (Day 38). It goes hand in hand with Rick Warren’s first book, The Purpose Driven Church, where he tells readers that Richard Foster’s spiritual formation movement is a “valid message” and a ”wake up call” to “the body of Christ” (pp. 126-127). And it goes hand in hand with Rick Warren’s connections with New Age sympathizers Leonard Sweet and Ken Blanchard. (paragraph notes)

No, Rick Warren’s decision to use Oz, Amen, and Hyman is no fluke. But it sure is a spiritual trap for the Christian church.

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=5618
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:11:55 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

recon_0326

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 09:21:38 pm »

Does not surprise me in the least what a Calvinist does. I wonder if ole Rupert Murdoch , John Piper, James White, Paul Washer , Steve Lawson , Kirk Cameron and his brain Comfort,Todd Friel, and just maybe ole Keith Thompson and Chris White can show up and bow to their masters. Its just another Cult meeting and we all need to pray that these people get saved and know the real Jesus.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 09:38:33 pm »

Does not surprise me in the least what a Calvinist does. I wonder if ole Rupert Murdoch , John Piper, James White, Paul Washer , Steve Lawson , Kirk Cameron and his brain Comfort,Todd Friel, and just maybe ole Keith Thompson and Chris White can show up and bow to their masters. Its just another Cult meeting and we all need to pray that these people get saved and know the real Jesus.

Here's the kicker about John Piper - he (supposedly)started out preaching 100% sound doctrine. But out of the blue, he started siding with Warren's doctrine calling it sound. And to boot - Piper is a FULLER grad(the same seminary that Warren and other NAR members like Bill Hybels graduated from). So all along, Piper was playing HIS role to draw flock under Satan's umbrella.(ie-once Piper started siding with Warren, his flock got a very bad split, either they sided with Piper, left Piper, or just started fighting amongst each other)

And yes, I saw the Kirk Cameron interview on Anderson Cooper recently calling end times Christians "conspiracy theorists" for saying how the 1000s of these bird deaths recently signals signs of the end times.

But Paul Washer and Todd Friel? Really? They both seem pretty decent.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 03:32:03 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watchman4wales

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:39:24 pm by Dok » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 05:38:26 pm »

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/011/discernment/warren-gurus.htm

When Rick Warren launched his year-long Daniel Plan at a Saddleback Health and Fitness Seminar, he introduced three key doctors that would be working on this agenda with him. The fact that these three doctors are easily identifiable as New Age “guru” type doctors is indisputable. Their own public record is very obvious – each man in one way or another has connected himself with various elements of the New Age. One need only “Google” their names to find their connections to activities, practices and personnel at high levels in the New Age movement.

The question might be asked: Why didn’t Dr. Rick pick medical doctors who were Christians? Not nominal Christians, but sincere evangelical Christians! Surely there are highly esteemed, reputable, well-credentialed Christian physicians at the top of their field in various hospitals, universities or medical research laboratories! But Rick Warren picked the Oprah Winfrey type of New Age guru to be his guides with the Daniel Plan – the Hollywood hype type of doctors.

An official "Daniel Plan Pastoral Response" to the question "Why did Saddleback Church choose to use these doctors, who have been linked to other beliefs?" can be viewed HERE. In this classic insipid Warrenesque response it is claimed that these doctors "are in no way advising our church on spiritual matters." But given the fact that these doctors have specialized in integrating their spirituality with their views on medicine and health, this is not an honest answer. (View Daniel Plan FAQ sheet HERE).

Furthermore, these doctors have websites that are hype-driven – one can hardly even gain entry into Dr. Daniel Amen’s website without taking the “Brain Type Test” or jumping through other marketing hoops.

So why the pizzazz? Genuine Christian physicians might be more interested in the spiritual welfare of the sheep, they might be gently prodding about sins such as drunkenness or gluttony in a healthcare model. They might take a stewardship of the body approach. But, rather, the healthcare gurus of the Daniel Plan follow the New Age model of healthcare reform. Take Dr. Mark Hyman's plan as described on a YouTube video presentation:

“We have a new model emerging which we call P4 Medicine…”

Personalized: Genetic and environmental variations drive individual treatment
Predictive: Tailored health strategy based on personalized map of health risks with traditional and novel biomarkers
Preventive: Proactive vs. reactive approaches that shifts focus from illness to wellness, from disease treatment to functional enhancement
Participatory: Empowers and engages patient

“[Th]e future of medicine is going to be personalized. It is going to look at your genetics, at your environment and how those variations affect your health in this moment.

The future of medicine is taking the data in your story, which is called Narrativomics – the data in your narrative, in your story – and making the sense… out of the patterns in that.  Genomics…. Which is really looking for the patterns in the data….

And it is also preventive because we are going to be able to understand how to best look at a health map on a predictive model by looking at all the data points in your story and in your biomarkers and tracking that forward to see what your health risks are and how to create a personalized plan to help you get health and stay healthy.

And it is also participatory because it means you need to be engaged. Its not just taking a pill that your doctor gives you because you are going to treat some symptom of some disease and not to do anything else except pop that pill. So its very participatory and you have to be an engaged user of health care.”

“And the future of medicine is not going to be creating a hypothesis, as we do now, and then doing a study and collecting data, and analyzing the data. It is going to be looking for patterns in the data that already exists, in the patterns in your story, in the patterns in the biomarkers, and using the computational power that we have now to create a model of thinking about disease that sees patterns, and connections and relationships and linkages in ways that we don’t now….

“The way we think about disease really is passé. In fact, recently at a conference...the CEO of a drug company said that in the future there will be no more drugs for blockbuster diseases, only drugs for blockbuster mechanisms. And the reason for this is that disease doesn’t exist…. Diseases all appear real but they are simply the downstream effects from upstream mechanisms and causes....

"Hypothesis:

There is no depression

There is no bipolar disease

There is no autism

There is no ADHD

There is no dementia." [1]

The input-driven model of healthcare reform is not a model that treats disease. It is outcome-based healthcare. It is a New Age model that denies the reality of disease and focuses on wellness, as we explained in our earlier post, 3-Legged "Health" Care. Therefore the Daniel Plan is all about what you are putting into your body's system. Note: what you put into your body can be measured and assessed, monitored and databanked.... and controlled.

Dr. Hyman's model of healthcare focuses almost entirely on the brain and genetics, which raises many disturbing questions about his research role in the Daniel Plan. Furthermore, Dr. Hyman extrapolates certain highly specific and credible medical research from cutting edge work on autism, for example the "Gut and Psychology Syndrome", and irresponsibly applies it across the entire spectrum of disease.

Who can afford this healthcare plan? When listening to Dr. Hyman’s presentation, it is patently obvious that only the rich need apply! Who can afford his model of health, which stacks everything up front? The "Daniel Plan Health Grill Menu" includes high-end meals like:

Agave Glazed Salmon Tacos with Napa cabbage slaw and vine ripe tomatoes served on natural blue corn tortillas and topped with house made poblano-lime avocado sauce

Lemon & Herb Chicken Wrap with shaved red onion, shredded lettuce, tomato, Persian cucumber and Greek yogurt sauce served on a zucchini flax Omega wrap

All Natural Grass Fed Organic Beef Burger with pickled red onions and slow roasted tomato served 'protein-style' sandwiched between two crisp lettuce leaves (fresh baked focaccia roll available upon request).

The suggested retail price for grass-fed ground beef is $8.50 per pound. Check out prices and availability of poblano peppers, Greek yogurt, flax Omega wraps, and blue corn tortillas in your local grocery store (if you can even get these items!).

“Inputs” means that people have to watch their diets, eat organically, purchase supplements, follow strict dietary and exercise regimens, reduce their stress levels, eliminate caffeine and sodas, etc. etc. The upper middle-class American might be able to afford such a lavish lifestyle, which happens to be politically and environmentally correct. But what about the average family who is simply trying to make ends meet? How can they possibly afford the upfront costs of the “input” healthcare model?

Furthermore, and related to this excessive focus on “inputs,” is the fact that there may be a profit-motive with these guru doctors regarding their corporate interests in supplements and health care accessories! A Daniel Plan report on "Vitamin Supplements" titled "Dr. Mark Hyman takes the guesswork out of vitamin supplements" links over to Dr. Hyman's store http://store.drhyman.com/ where one can buy supplements (see also HERE). Read through Dr. Hyman's recommendations and see how your family budget can manage these expensive supplements.

On the Wikipedia entry for Dr. Oz, under the category “Controversy” one can read of his close association with the pharmaceutical industry in one of his marketing schemes:

"RealAge drug marketing

"Oz is a spokesman and advisor for the website RealAge.com, which The New York Times has criticized for its pharmaceutical marketing practices. The site solicits medical information from visitors to determine a visitor’s biological age and then uses the visitor's medical profile for pharmaceutical marketing purposes. As The Times reporter explained the significance of this fact: "While few people would fill out a detailed questionnaire about their health and hand it over to a drug company looking for suggestions for new medications, that is essentially what RealAge is doing."[2]

At a separate Wikipedia entry for RealAge, which happened to get its big start on the Oprah Winfrey Show, we learn that

“On this website, users typically fill out a questionnaire about their health history, which is then used to generate personalized content, including highly targeted advertisements. Most revenue comes from pharmaceutical companies paying to advertise their drugs to individuals who have taken the website test and become members."[3]
These doctor/gurus also profit from their involvement with HealthCorps, which is described as,

"...a proactive health movement founded by heart surgeon Dr. Mehmet Oz, is fighting the obesity and mental resilience crisis by getting American students and communities across the country to take charge of their health. Our three priorities are:  Educating the Student Body– our in-school program to empower and educate youth and faculty about their bodies, their environments and their abilities to affect them.
"Like a Peace Corps for Health, HealthCorps is a national service and peer mentoring initiative. In high schools, HealthCorps 'Coordinators' empower teens in underserved populations to make simple lifestyle changes to enhance their well-being and resilience and take the message to friends, families and neighbors."[4]

It is an old political trick to engage in public advocacy work in order to further one’s corporate causes and fill one’s corporate coffers. The more one advocates, and works the potential market, the more one profits! Once again, the 3-legged stool model of Rick Warren's Daniel Plan is in evidence. The private sector profits while the public healthcare agenda is furthered, and all the while the church is doing the cheerleading.

The connection between these three doctors and Obamacare is yet another issue. We'll look at that later. Meanwhile, remember our faithful and eternal Caretaker. He has a better plan for us, which has nothing to do with vast human agendas and New Age medicine. He tells us,

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’"

Isaiah 41:10

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 09:04:39 am »

Rick Warren to Host Dr. Oz, Health Experts in Daniel Plan Rally

Pastor and bestselling author Rick Warren will be joined by three renowned doctors, including cardio surgeon and TV show host Dr. Mehmet Oz, for a health conference and rally to be webcast live from Saddleback Church Saturday morning.

The conference marks the nine-month mark for Saddleback’s Daniel Plan, which is a churchwide campaign that includes a curriculum for small groups and an interactive website with healthy menus, exercise tips, and inspirational stories.

The year-long plan was launched by Warren in an effort to help his congregation and those outside the church learn healthy principles while honoring God with their physical bodies.

“God is as interested in your physical health as he is your spiritual health,” Warren said in an introductory video of the plan. “He wants you to be not just spiritually healthy, but physically healthy … whole in mind, body, and spirit. That’s why I got together three of my friends, three well-known doctors to put together a one year plan.”

rest: http://www.christianpost.com/news/rick-warren-to-host-dr-oz-health-experts-in-daniel-plan-rally-58730/

Question? If Warren is supporting this isnt he also partaking in it? I mean hes still fat.
Report Spam   Logged

seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 01:45:08 pm »

Question? If Warren is supporting this isnt he also partaking in it? I mean hes still fat.

lol
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 01:55:51 pm »

I was about the say the same thing - he still looks the same...woe to you scribes, Pharisees, HYPOCRITES...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 07:45:53 am »

Rick Warren’s Daniel Plan Accelerates – Tells Followers to Practice 4-7-8 Hinduistic Meditation

“Many people have unwittingly become New Agers by simply seeking to improve their physical and mental health through meditation.” -  Ray Yungen

Two and a half years ago, Lighthouse Trails first reported on Rick Warren’s Daniel Plan health program. That initial article titled “Rick Warren’s New Health and Wellness Initiative Could Have Profound Repercussions on Many,”  said that Rick Warren was launching a “Decade of Destiny,” that would include focusing on health issues. Our article pointed out that the three doctors, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Daniel Amen, and Dr. Mark Hyman, whom Rick Warren had partnered with to help develop the Daniel Plan, were all strong advocates of eastern meditation and the philosophies that go with that. Consider the following three statements, one for each of the Daniel Plan doctors:

1. Dr. Amen is a proponent of tantric sex (the combining of sexual activity with mystical practices), which is probably the most extreme form of meditation.

2. In Dr. Hymen’s book, The Ultramind Solution, Hyman emphasizes meditation, saying that it doesn’t matter what religion one has to benefit from it (p. 322). Dr. Hyman suggests that “Mindful meditation is a powerful well-researched tool, developed by Buddhists” (p. 384).

3.  In January 2010, Dr. Oz brought a Reiki master onto his show to demonstrate Reiki and then ended the show saying,  “try Reiki” as the #1 “Oz’s Order.” It would make sense that Dr. Oz would tell his viewers to try Reiki – his wife is a Reiki practitioner.

If one needs more evidence to understand what these three doctors believe in and teach, see the article links below under Related Material. After seeing the evidence, there can really be no doubt that Dr. Hymen, Dr. Amen, and Dr. Oz each have a strongly devoted affinity to the practice of entering altered states of consciousness through meditation in order to attain to what is known as the “higher self” (i.e., the divinity within every person).

So a fair question to ask is just how much of this New Age spirituality has rubbed off onto Rick Warren and the Daniel Plan? Well, we think quite a bit has. We would like to offer a convincing example. On September 26th, on the Daniel Plan website (owned and operated by Saddleback Church), an article titled “How to Manage Your Stress in 76 Seconds” was posted. The information below should be read and watched with discernment and in no wise is an endorsement from Lighthouse Trails. On the contrary, the practice we refer to below, if practiced, could potentially lead to dangerous Kundalini experiences. But we find it necessary to post this information because this is the direction that much of the church is heading right now. Our urgency to warn outweighs our hesitation to post this. People’s lives and souls are at stake.

The Saddleback article on September 26th is written by Dr. Joel Kahn, who tells readers to practice a technique called the 4-7-8 relaxation breathing sequence. First giving the usual instruction for meditation to sit up straight, Kahn then proceeds to give the steps for this breathing exercise with a sequence of breath in for 4 seconds, hold the breath for 7 seconds, and exhale for 8 seconds. The rest of Kahn’s article tells readers of the benefits of doing this relaxation exercise. But let’s take a look at a video by another advocate of the exact same method – the 4-7-8 sequence –  that gives more detail and explanation. As we stated a minute ago, because this is the direction the church at large is heading through the contemplative prayer (i.e., spiritual formation) movement (and the Daniel Plan movement), we are compelled to show this with the hope it will unveil the true nature of this and other forms of meditation.

A photo from Dr. Joel Kahn’s website

The video below is by a man named Dr. Andrew Weil, a highly respected meditation proponent. He received his medical degree from Harvard University and is the Director of the Center for Integrative Medicine of the College of Medicine, University of Arizona. Dr. Weil is not a fringe personality. (If you cannot see this video below, click here. Our report continues below this video with some vital information.
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/VDR00112/The-4-7-8-Breath-Benefits-and-Demonstration.html

How interesting that Dr. Weil, clearly an “expert” in the field of meditation, admits that all breathing techniques (including those used in Yoga) come from India (i.e., Hinduism). Lighthouse Trails has been trying to tell Christian leaders that for 11 years now! And contemplative prayer is in the same category as “breath” prayers, and both are spiritually dangerous. Ray Yungen elaborates:

When we compare meditation techniques used in stress reduction with the type of meditation used in New Age spirituality, it is easy to see these practices as basically the same. Both methods use either the breathing technique or mantra exercises to still the mind. Unknown to most people, a blank mind in a meditative state is all that is necessary for contact with a spirit guide.

An example of this is found in John Randolph Price, founder of the Quartus Foundation and initiate of the December 31 World Healing Day Meditation. Price became involved in New Age metaphysics through just such a meditative encounter. He reveals:

“Back when I was in the business world, the American Management Association put out a little book on meditation, which indicated that meditation was a way to attain peace of mind and reduce stress in a corporate environment. So I decided I’d try it . . . I discovered how to come into a new sphere of consciousness. Consciousness actually shifts, and you move into a realm you may not have even known existed.”1

As one meditation teacher explains:

“It is more than a stress reducer. It is the vehicle all religions use to impart the esoteric knowledge of their own mystical tradition.”2

Thus, many people have unwittingly become New Agers by simply seeking to improve their physical and mental health through meditation. Two examples on this issue are comments made by two authors who honor the higher self view of man, Joan Borysenko and Ann Wise. Borysenko, a medical doctor, revealed:

“I originally took up secular meditation for its medical benefits and in time discovered its deeper psychological and spiritual benefits.”3 

Ann Wise, who works in the corporate field to improve decision-making abilities for business people, makes an identical observation:

“Those who initially participate in this work purely for enhancements to their productivity in the corporate world are often startled and pleased by what one VP called “the value and inevitable focus on spirituality that evolved from the work.” . . . I often find that individuals who began brainwave training [meditation] for a specific, objective purpose also become quickly interested and involved in seeking higher levels of spiritual consciousness.”4 (from A Time of Departing, pp. 98-100) 

What this means is that the people at Saddleback and the people who are participating in the Daniel Plan have been introduced to a meditation practice that can potentially turn them into New Agers! And remember, in the New Age, there is no room for the Cross at Calvary because the higher self takes the place of a need for a Savior.

Incidentally, some people may think that the term “spirituality” means Christianity, but that is not it. When the term spirituality is used, it is referring to the idea that God is in everyone (ie., the higher self).

Dr. Amen, Dr. Hymen, Rick Warren, and Dr. Oz

September 26 2013 isn’t the first time the Daniel Plan website brought in the 4-7-8 meditation technique. It was introduced to the Daniel Plan on October 14th 2012,

One more thing you should know – on December 3rd, Rick Warren’s new book, The Daniel Plan, will be released. The co-authors of this book are Dr. Hymen and Dr. Amen. As we stated earlier, Dr. Amen is an advocate of tantric sex; and Dr. Hymen is connected to a shamanic organization called Four Winds (“where modern science meets ancient wisdom“).   

By all appearances and logic, it looks like Rick Warren is going full speed toward the New Age/New Spirituality with the throttle fully engaged.

Related Material and Documentation:

Emanuel Swedenborg’s Occultic Beliefs Influence Rick Warren’s Health Advisor and Now the Christian Church
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=5618

A Visit to Rick Warren’s Health Seminar – The Unfolding of a Global New Age Plan
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=5636

Rick Warren Speaks Out Against Those Warning the Church of Meditation
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=5824

Saddleback’s Response to Criticism Over Daniel Plan – An Unscriptural Paradox!
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=6158

Changing Science, Changing Mind – Healthcare More Than You Bargained For
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=6317

NEW PRINT BOOKLET TRACT: Rick Warren’s Daniel Plan – The New Age/Eastern Meditation Doctors Behind the Saddleback Health
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=11628

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/newsletters/2013/newsletters20131021.htm#29
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 07:48:12 am »

Rick Warren’s Daniel Plan

By Warren B. Smith

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.—(2 Corinthians 2:11)

Who would have believed it? Occult/New Age doctors being invited into the church to teach Christians how to be healthy? On January 15, 2011 a fifty-two week health and wellness program—the Daniel Plan—was initiated at Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church. More than six thousand people attended the well promoted and carefully staged event. Warren took the opportunity to announce that his own personal goal was to lose 90 pounds in 2011. The Daniel Plan website states that “the Daniel Plan envisions starting a movement so the result is better physical and spiritual health for current and future generations.”1 It describes how Rick Warren “recruited three best-selling authors” to create and oversee the Daniel Plan Curriculum—Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Daniel Amen, and Dr. Mark Hyman.2 Although these three physicians are all involved with New Age teachings, they describe themselves respectively as a Muslim, a Christian, and a Jew.

On their church’s Daniel Plan website, Saddleback pastor Brandon Cox tried to defend Rick Warren’s indefensible decision to recruit three New Age doctors to implement a Christian health and wellness program. In his “Pastoral Response” to the question “Why did Saddleback Church choose to use these Doctors who have been linked to other beliefs?,” Cox wrote:

“Pastor Rick knows each of these Doctors personally and has the utmost trust in their ability to advise us about matters related to physical health.” In a statement reminiscent of Little Red Riding Hood’s “grandmother,” Cox goes on to state: “These Doctors are helping us as friends, but are in no way advising our church on spiritual matters.”3

By repeating and emphasizing the term “physical health” three times in the response, Saddleback was obviously trying to distance itself from Oz, Amen, and Hyman’s New Age beliefs. But the “we’re only using them for physical health purposes” defense was not convincing. All three physicians are alternative medicine/holistic health practitioners who teach the indivisibility of “mind, body, spirit” in achieving optimum well-being. In other words, their New Age spiritual beliefs are necessarily embedded in their medical practice, their best-selling books, and their public appearances.

Dr. Mehmet Oz
Dr. Oz is the cardiovascular surgeon who was featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show for five years before gaining his own popular daytime TV show. He also has a daily talk show on Oprah & Friends satellite radio and writes columns for several magazines including Oprah’s O Magazine. Operating out of Columbia University’s Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Oz is like a modern-day shaman as he mixes traditional medicine with a wide variety of occult/New Age practices. In The Way of the Shaman, a “foremost resource and reference on shamanism,” Michael Harner—an anthropologist who “has practiced shamanism and shamanic healing” for several decades4—gives the following definition of a shaman:

A shaman is a man or woman who enters an altered state of consciousness—at will—to contact and utilize an ordinarily hidden reality in order to acquire knowledge, power, and to help other persons. The shaman has at least one, and usually more, “spirits” in his personal service.5

The following is a sampling of what Dr. Oz subtly, and not so subtly, incorporates into his medical practice and into his life. For instance, Dr. Oz’s prominent endorsement is displayed on the front cover of self-described psychic Ainslie MacLeod’s book The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended. Juxtaposing the phrase “spiritual well-being” with the word “purpose,” Oz writes:

I recommend this book to those who seek greater spiritual well-being and a better understanding of their life’s purpose.6

In Oz’s endorsement of another Ainslie MacLeod book, The Transformation: Healing Your Past Lives to Realize Your Soul’s Potential, Dr. Oz makes it clear that his approach to physical health is inextricably bound up with his beliefs regarding spiritual health. They cannot be neatly separated out as Rick Warren’s Saddleback staff would have everyone believe. Dr. Oz’s front cover endorsement states:

Ainslie MacLeod is at the frontier of exploration into the soul and its profound influence on our physical selves.7

In The Transformation, MacLeod’s spirit guides tell MacLeod’s readers “that we are standing on the brink of the greatest leap in human consciousness in 55,000 years.”8 Later, in a psychic reading that MacLeod gives to one of his clients, his spirit guides refer his client to Dr. Daniel Amen for help.9 Amen, of course being one of the other two Daniel Plan physicians. In The Instruction, among other things, MacLeod teaches readers how to meditate and contact spirit guides. In fact, spirit guides are referred to a whopping 175 times in the book—40 times before you even get to Chapter One. In his introduction, MacLeod describes how the skeptic in him used to read a book like his and think—“Who died and made this guy an expert?” In his own case, MacLeod said the answer was his spirit guides—one of them being his deceased Uncle John.10

Dr. Oz’s New Age affinity for psychics, spirit guides, past lives, and contacting the dead was showcased on his March 15, 2011 program—just two months after the launch of the Daniel Plan—titled, “Psychic Mediums: Are they the New Therapists?” The promo on his website read: “Can talking to lost loved ones heal your grief? Hear why psychic John Edward believes you can talk to the dead.”11

On a January 6, 2010 Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Oz revealed what he believed to be “the most important alternative medicine treatment” for his viewers in that coming year. His #1 “Oz’s Order” was to “Try Reiki”12—an occult bodywork practice that incorporates the channeled guidance of spirit guides. Dr. Oz was reported in one press release as stating: “Reiki is one of my favorites, we’ve been using it for years in the Oz family, and we swear by it.”13

On a video on Dr. Oz’s website, New Age leader Deepak Chopra teaches viewers how to meditate.14 Chopra’s 2009 book Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul features Dr. Oz’s back cover endorsement.15 Dr. Oz is a personal practitioner of Transcendental Meditation,16 which was founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. He has also practiced Yoga for over twenty years17 and is devoted to the New Age teachings of Emanuel Swedenborg—teachings that resonate with the mystical Sufi branch of the Muslim faith that he and his wife most identify with.18

Dr. Oz wrote the Foreword to US—a New Age book written by his wife Lisa, who is a Reiki Master19—a book that opens with a quote on oneness by New Age patriarch Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. In his Foreword, Oz credits his wife’s spiritual influence while also mentioning that a number of years ago he “matriculated at Oprah University.”20 Dr. Oz endangers those who put their trust in him by interjecting his occult/New Age beliefs into his medical practice.

Presumably, the “Open Heart meditation” given to Ainslie MacLeod by his spirit guides21 is not used by Dr. Oz before he does open heart surgery. One thing is for spiritual sure, Dr. Oz may be a skilled cardiovascular surgeon, but spiritually he is overlooking one of the most important aspects of the heart. God, speaking through the prophet Jeremiah, warns, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). Multiple references in the Bible also warn about the extremely dangerous and deceptive nature of “familiar” and “seducing” spirits that Dr. Oz is in the process of normalizing through his extreme influence in the world and now in the church (see Leviticus 19:31; Deuteronomy 18:10-12; 1 Timothy 4:1, etc.).

Dr. Daniel Amen
Dr. Amen is a child and adolescent psychiatrist, best-selling author, and medical director of the Amen Clinics for Behavioral Medicine. In his book Change Your Brain, Change Your Life, he encourages readers to “Learn and use self-hypnosis and meditation on a daily basis.”22 In Change Your Brain, Change Your Body, Amen, a self-professed Christian, specifically recommends a Hindu Kundalini form of meditation called Kirtan Kriya. He instructs his readers to chant “sa ta na ma” repeatedly while simultaneously doing repetitive finger movements.23 In a New Age world that says “everything happens for a reason” and “there are no accidents,” the first five letters of this Hindu meditation spell the name of Satan. The last three letters just so happen to be the abbreviated letters of the American Medical Association (AMA). Is this pure coincidence, some kind of cosmic joke, or spiritual mockery?

In his book The Brain in Love (formerly titled Sex on the Brain), Dr. Amen recommends tantric sex to his readers. He writes that tantra “is a term applied to several schools of Hindu yoga in which sex is worshipped.”24 He states that “[s ]ome tantra yoga teachers recommend meditative practices that also share elements with Kundalini yoga, where subtle streams of energy are raised in the body by means of posture, breath control, and movements.”25 He later adds:

After you have agreed to safe boundaries, you can take sex to a new level by investing in a few books or magazines. I write for Men’s Health magazine and it is always filled with great sex tips for couples. Cosmopolitan and other magazines have playful ideas as well. Books on tantric sex or role-playing games can also be fun.”26

Dr. Amen’s fascination with tantric sex and Kundalini yoga is very similar to the teachings of Indian gurus like Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and Swami Baba Muktananda. Dr. Amen’s New Age sympathies are also evident in his willingness to write the Foreword to author Lucinda Bassett’s The Solution. In her book, Bassett quotes New Age leaders Marianne Williamson, Eckhart Tolle, the Dalai Lama, Neale Donald Walsch, and others. She describes Walsch as “a spiritual messenger whose best-selling books and lectures profoundly touch the world.”27

Dr. Mark Hyman
Dr. Hyman is the chairman of the Institute of Functional Medicine and author of the best-selling book The UltraMind Solution. With its front cover endorsement by Dr. Mehmet Oz, The UltraMind Solution offers practical medical advice while at the same time recommending a number of New Age resources to his readers. For example, he recommends the website of New Age author and guided imagery proponent Belleruth Naparstek.28 Her books and materials are designed to help people meditate, become more psychic, and connect with spirit guides. Her website describes how her materials are used worldwide by patients, hospitals, HMO’s, government agencies, etc. Dr. Hyman and New Age leader Dr. Bernie Siegel are listed as two of Naparstek’s “contributing health and mind-body health practitioners.”29 Siegel, of course being the New Age leader Rick Warren used to introduce the idea of hope and purpose in The Purpose-Driven Life. Like Dr. Oz and Dr. Amen, Dr. Hyman recommends meditation and yoga to his readers.30

Dr. Hyman endorsed a New Age book titled Power Up Your Brain—The Neuroscience of Enlightenment. It is co-authored by shaman/medium Alberto Villoldo and neurologist David Perlmutter. The Foreword from the publisher states:

And now two men, two seers—a shaman and a scientist—are combining their experiences and expertise to explore the totality that includes all of the spirit world and all of the scientific world—as One.31

David Perlmutter writes:

For it had become clear to us that access to the Great Spirit or Divine Energy—that natural force which is called by so many names—is available to all. In a sense we are all shamans, and the most advanced teachings in cellular biology are validating lifestyle activities that for centuries, have been paving the way to enlightenment through meditative practices not just for the chosen few but for all who care to learn. Our collaboration explores the implications of this not only for individuals but for all of humanity.32

Villoldo—who spoke at a 2011 Palm Springs Prophets Conference with New Age leader Barbara Marx Hubbard33— writes:

During my years studying with the shamans, I learned about their belief in the Divine Mother, which we each have the potential to discover in nature. This was not the bearded old man whose image I had come to associate with “God.” Rather, this was a force that infused all creation, a sea of energy and consciousness that we all swim in and are part of. I came to understand that our Western notions of the divine are perhaps a masculine version of this life force that infuses every cell in our bodies, that animates all living beings, and that even fuels stars.34

Power Up Your Brain includes a chapter recommending various “Shamanic Exercises” that include an invocation to the “Great Serpent.”35 Dr. Hyman’s back cover endorsement of this book sits alongside New Age leaders Bernie Siegel and Greg Braden.

In his endorsement, Hyman betrays his belief in shamanism and the inextricable New Age link between physical and spiritual health. He writes:

The shaman and physician for millennia were the same person until the 19th century when they were split apart in the name of science. Now through the lens of 21st-century science, Villoldo and Perlmutter bring them back together, illuminating the web that links together our physical and metaphysical energy. For anyone feeling a loss of energy of body or soul, Power Up Your Brain is your guide to restoration and rejuvenation of your deepest energies.

Also referring to “restoration” in The UltraMind Solution, Dr. Hyman lists three New Age centers in his “Resources” section. Under the heading of “Restorative and Educational Retreats,” he recommends the Omega Institute, the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, and the Shambhala Mountain Center.36 Ainslie MacLeod—the Dr. Oz endorsed psychic—is a “faculty member” at both the Kripalu Center and the Omega Institute.37 The Omega Institute offers a number of workshops led by key New Age leaders like Neale Donald Walsch, Marianne Williamson, Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle, and Alberto Villoldo. Classes such as “Conversations with God,” “Contacting the Spirit World,” “How Shamans Dream the World into Being,” and “Bootcamp for Goddesses,” are readily available to those following Dr. Hyman’s advice.38 And at the Dr. Hyman endorsed Kripalu Center, New Age leader Deepak Chopra offers a workshop on his Dr. Oz endorsed book, Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul. In case people can’t make it to Saddleback Church, Dr. Daniel Amen also teaches a workshop at Kripalu.

Key Scriptures Regarding Rick Warren’s Daniel Plan

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers. —(2 Corinthians 6:14)

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. —(Ephesians 5:11)

Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils. —(1 Corinthians 10:21)

Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way. —(Romans 14:13)

Shepherding the Church into a New Age/New Spirituality
In the 1990s, a well-known Christian leader rightly warned that alternative medicine and holistic health can provide an easy entryway for deceptive New Age teachings. He further warned that changing your diet can also end up changing your worldview. In other words, sometimes losing weight can also mean losing your soul. Speaking from his leadership role with the Christian Medical Association, Dr. David Stevens also urges great discretion regarding alternative health practitioners. He states: “Not only do we have to make a choice; we also have to evaluate the trustworthiness of each messenger and the validity of the message.”39

The Christian Handbook to Alternative Medicine also warns, “Consider carefully not only the therapy but also the character and worldview of those offering the treatment.”40 Thus, it is definitely “buyer beware” when it comes to mixed-bag physicians like Oz, Amen, and Hyman. But that doesn’t seem to matter to Rick Warren as he openly aligns himself with these New Age doctors and promises to make their joint Daniel Plan a worldwide phenomenon. Instead of sounding a warning trumpet and protecting the church from three New Age physicians, Warren praises them and trumpets his ungodly alliance with them.

One can only wonder if the prophet Daniel’s vision of the end days included a look at Rick Warren’s Daniel Plan—a compromised pastor and three New Age doctors with their psychics, spirit guides, tantric sex, necromancy, Yoga, Reiki, Transcendental and Kundalini “sa ta na ma” meditations and more—all in Daniel’s name. If so, it is no wonder the Bible records that he “fainted” and became “sick” for a number of days (Daniel 8:27).

It doesn’t make any difference in God’s scheme of things if Rick Warren stands slim and trim in front of an adoring church audience after losing 90 pounds. What may be remembered is that in the midst of all the self-congratulatory statistics and frenzied media hoopla, a finger suddenly appeared on the wall behind Rick Warren and wrote the following:

Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting. —(Daniel 5:27)

Endnotes

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=11628
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:37:53 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »

I read about this the other day - what's even worse about this is that churches in America just aren't and can't discern this wickedness - that's why Warren and the Emergent Church have so many followers. For example, I knew one elderly pastor in New Orleans(my previous city) that wrote columns in the religious section - he would say stuff like how they're "indebted to Warren", and even twist bible scriptures in the 4 gospels to make it look like Warren is Jesus Christ himself when showing examples of his "deeds".

I'm not the one to judge if someone is/isn't saved(FWIW, you can be saved and still believe all kinds of crazy things) - but nonetheless you have to wonder with these modern-day Apostate churches b/c they've really sunk to an all-time low with this. I don't recall any of this when I was going to church in the 1980's as a young boy - and even THOSE churches were pretty Apostate!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:23:12 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »

RICK WARREN'S NEW BOOK AWASH WITH DOCTRINES OF DEMONS

By Marsha West
November 17, 2013
NewsWithViews.com

Rick Warren is one of America’s most influential Christian ministers. He’s so popular that many folks call him “America’s Pastor.” Warren has earned a reputation as larger than life and until a couple of years ago he was large around the middle! Because of health concerns he decided to shed a few pounds. But why go it alone? After all, he had his own personal cheering section if he wanted it – Saddleback Church in Lake Forest California, an evangelical megachurch he started in 1980. Thirty-three years later Saddleback boasts over 20,000 weekly attendees. He felt sure that many folks would cheer him on while others would join him in his endeavor to achieve a healthier lifestyle. So he said No! to Jenny Craig and took on the daunting task of developing a weight loss program that, according to Rick Warren, is “God’s prescription for your health.”

Sound like a plan?

Well, yes, in fact he christened it “The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life.”

On January 15, 2011, over 6,000 people made the trek to Saddleback’s main campus to learn what the Bible allegedly says about getting healthy. Thousands more watched online at the other Saddleback campuses.

In order to achieve his lofty goal, he brought together “three of the leading health specialists in America.” But surprisingly the three doctors picked by the pastor were not Christians—not by a long shot. In fact, when you look into some of the things they’re into (more on this in a moment), it’s fair to say that all three of them are into New Age/New Thought spirituality.

Who are the doctors Rick Warren chose? 1) Mehmet Oz. Dr. Oz is a Sufi Muslim, a cardio vascular surgeon, and popular daytime talk show host. 2) Dr. Daniel Amen (pronounced A-mun). Dr. Amen is a psychiatrist and brain imaging specialist. He’s also a practitioner of Tanta which is the use of Hinduistic-type mysticism during sexual intercourse. Dr. Amen is also a self-professed Christian. 3) Dr. Mark Hyman. Dr. Hyman is a practitioner in alternative therapies in health and medicine and is a secular Jew.

Does this seem like a good fit too you? I mean, why didn’t he elicit the aid of three notable Christian specialists to create “God’s prescription for your health”?

Furthermore, why would a high-profile evangelical pastor choose doctors who are entrenched in New Age/New Thought (occult) spirituality, as well as questionable alternative health practices? Warren’s fully aware that Paul cautioned the church in Thessalonica to abstain from even the appearance of evil (1 Thes. 5:22).

In light of what the Bible clearly teaches, it’s surprising that a Christian minister, who understands what the Bible teaches (or at least he should), is unconcerned that some in his flock may not know that the New Age practices he purports are anti-biblical and that they might very well involve themselves in the sort of pagan practices that the above mentioned doctors promote, practices that are expressly forbidden in Scripture. God’s people are to be separate from the pagan nations. In 2 Cor. 6:14-15 Paul says this to the Church:

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

When Pastor Rick chose the three doctors—specialists or not--to design a weight loss plan it was done in a way that would appeal to the sheep of his pasture, his audience. And of course many of them bought into their shepherd’s health plan, hook line and sinker.

But - why was he not concerned about his flock’s spiritual health? What fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness?

The book

The three doctors believe that practicing meditation on a regular basis is integral to health and fitness. This is known as contemplative prayer (CP). Rick Warren promotes CP even though he knows perfectly well that it’s a form of neo-Gnosticism that, sadly, Protestants/evangelicals have borrowed from the monastic traditions of the Roman Catholic Church. Meditation is recommended in the book. On the Daniel Plan website, Dr. Joseph Mercola demonstrates the 4-7-8 breathing exercise (here) that he learned from meditation proponent Dr. Andrew Weil while attending a presentation. Dr. Hyman wrote an article for the site, Six Ways I Changed My Life and How You Can Change Yours without once mentioning God. He did, however, recommend the Hindu practice of yoga. So as you can see, there’s a very good reason for sounding the alarm regarding the Daniel Plan book that’s set to be released December 3, 2013.

Tell me more…

What does CP involve? Without getting too far afield, practitioners choose a single word or short phrase from the Bible and repeat it over and over during breathing techniques that come from India. Doing breathing techniques is an attempt to “bind the mind with one thought.” The goal is to achieve an altered state of consciousness (empty the mind completely) and to attain to the “higher self” that New Age/New Thought devotees believe to be the divinity within each person. The popular term for this is Transcendental Meditation.

So, what’s the big deal about Christians involving themselves in Eastern meditation? Well, the big deal is that when a person attains an altered state of consciousness it may bring him/her into contact with “familiar spirits,” which is a way of saying neutral or benign spirits. More commonly the spirits are anything but benign; they’re demons! According to the Bible, demons are fallen angles – prideful angles that rebelled against God and as a result were banished from His kingdom. Scripture rightly refers to the banished angels as “spiritual forces of evil.” They remain in rebellion against God. The spirits often appear to humans as “angels of light” -- but they’re masters of deceit! So they’re not the good guys they trick us into thinking they are. Trust me on this; evil spirits are your worst nightmare – far worse than Freddie Kruger! For this reason Paul forewarned of Satan’s fondness for fooling the flock:

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. (2 Cor. 11:12-15)

Former New Ager Ray Yungen warns:

Many people have unwittingly become New Agers by simply seeking to improve their physical and mental health through meditation.

Doctors Amen and Hyman co-authored the Daniel Plan book but Dr. Oz didn’t participate. Here’s a bit of background info on the book’s co-authors excerpted from my 2011 column Rick Warren Introduces the “Devil Plan”:

Dr. Daniel Amen

Dr. Amen is a child and adult psychiatrist and Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at the University of California at Irvine School of Medicine. In addition he is a brain imaging specialist.

Dr. Amen teaches “techniques that will improve ‘brain health,’ claiming that poor brain health is associated with a host of problems from overeating to depression. ... He includes meditation (and in fact this is his primary tool) as a way to have a healthy brain.”

Dr. Amen recommends a meditation called Kriya Kirtan which is from the Kundalini tradition:

“I teamed with Drs. Dharma Singh Khalsa and Nisha Money to study the impact of meditation on the brain. We chose a simple 12 minute form of meditation, Kriya Kirtan, that is easy for busy people to practice. It is based on the five primal sounds: Saa, Taa, Naa, Maa (aa being the fifth sound). Meditators [sic]say each sound as they consecutively touch their thumb to fingers two, three, four and five. The sounds and fingering are repeated for two minutes out loud, two minutes whispering, four minutes silently, two minutes whispering and two minutes out loud.” (Online source)

Dr. Amen is also a practitioner of Tantric or tantric sex which is the use of Hinduistic-type mysticism during sexual intercourse. Lighthouse Trails Research (LTR) reports:

“In a 6-CD set called Create a More Passionate Night, Dr. Amen has teamed up with advanced certified Tantra educator, T. J. Bartel. … Tantra is the name of the ancient Hindu sacred texts that contain certain rituals and secrets. Some deal with taking the energies brought forth in meditation through the chakras and combining them with love-making to enhance sexual experiences.”

“Make no mistake about it” says LTR, “Reiki, meditation, tantric sex – these are very powerful mystical experiences that have the capability to delude and deceive those who are involved with it.”

For Christians who have read to this point, I hope you’re becoming alarmed.

Dr. Mark Hyman

Dr. Mark Hyman is editor-in-chief of Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine which is said to be “the most prestigious journal in the field of integrative medicine, and the medical editor of Alternative Medicine, the Art and Science of Healthy Living.”

In her article, Alternative/ Blended/ Complementary/ Integrated Healing, Marcia Montenegro examines alternative therapies:

“It is called alternative because the technique/ drug/ herb has not been or cannot be adequately tested, or has been found ineffective or dangerous. If it were a safe, tested treatment, it would not be in the alternative category. Many cited studies to support these methods are flawed, short-term, based on anecdotal evidence, conducted by believers in the techniques, & often are not published in a peer-reviewed medical journal. The terms complementary, blended, and integrated are now being used as well since alternative treatments are being combined with traditional medicine. This makes it more difficult to test the alternative methods or to know what is really working when the patient improves. It should be remembered that the placebo effect accounts for 30% or more for a person feeling better.”

Dr. Hyman claims he’s not into meditation but he does recommend yoga to create calm.

In my article Can A Pagan Practices Be “Christianized” I explain why Christians must avoid yoga:

“Christian apologists John Ankerberg and John Weldon maintain that, ‘The basic premise of yoga theory is the fundamental unity of all existence: God, man, and all of creation are ultimately one divine reality.’ To explain the basic premise, the authors quote from an editorial in the Yoga Journal: “We are all aware that yoga means 'union' and that the practice of yoga unites body, breath, and mind, lower and higher energy centers and, ultimately self and God, or higher Self. But more broadly, yoga directs our attention to the unity or oneness that underlies our fragmented experiences and equally fragmented world. Family, friends, the Druze guerrilla in Lebanon, the great whale migrating north—all share the same essential [divine] nature."

Dr. Hyman participated in a program called Yoga, Body & Spirit at Shambhala Mountain. The program included Susan Piver, who offered instruction in the ancient wisdom tradition of Buddhist meditation, and Richard Reoch who presented Golden Ball Chi Kung.

Dr. Hyman retails expensive supplements “critical for supporting lifelong health,” books and CDs in his “healthy living store” online. The UltraWellness Essentials Kit for Women costs $130 for a one month supply. For youngsters it’s a tad less. Only $47 per month because “Like adults, children need a purified source of essential fatty acids to help build healthy brain cells, support focus and attention, and optimize metabolism.”

This is UltraBunk!

Earth to Dr. Hyman! At your exorbitant cost for “high-quality multi vitamin and minerals” most families can’t afford to get healthy! (Visit Dr. Hyman’s store)

Why has this not dawned on Pastor Rick? In one of his promotional videos he held up each of the doctors’ books and urged his congregants to purchase them! This makes one wonder if Dr. Hyman’s books recommend the high priced vitamins, and if this is the case, who derives benefit from the sale of these products?

That an evangelical pastor would allow his sheep to be influenced by New Age ideas and questionable medical practices should give us pause. Christians should avoid becoming involved in any sort of assembly where we are powerless to address issues that come up which could cause us to compromise our biblical principles. Moreover, it should give us pause when the minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ teams up with occultists!

I’ll close with a quote from John 10:7-13:

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling [hired hand], and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

http://www.newswithviews.com/West/marsha247.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 08:35:42 pm »

I'm not saying that as believers, we have to understand every line of scripture the KJB says(for the most part, we are in our weak flesh while we're here on earth) - but nonetheless this is what happens when the modern-day, organized church system throws out the KJB - like said, we are still in our weak flesh, but for the most part the KJB is just SO SIMPLE to read, and incredibly edifying to boot. God is not the author of confusion.

And pretty much 99% of the medical profession is into dangerous New Age practices - while I like Dr. Mercola's health articles, at the same time you better be ready to spit out a lot of bones, as he himself endorses New Age practices at the end of his articles.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: