End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 02:14:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The “churched,” the “unchurched,” and the hyper-churched

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The “churched,” the “unchurched,” and the hyper-churched  (Read 3798 times)
akfools
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:09:34 am »

The “churched,” the “unchurched,” and the hyper-churched

by glennchristopherson

Let me fly my colours straight up. I would rather be unchurched and saved, than churched and unsaved.

This concept of targeting the unchurched has its modern manifestation beginnings with the “seeker friendly” movement, but it’s really just a rehashing of the ancient Papal heresy of, “there is no salvation outside the church.” Of course, when Catholic apologists think church, they think the institution with its headquarters in Rome. When the current crop of churchians think church, they think their personal little religious kingdoms. I suspect that many of the mega churchian leaders have a sneaking admiration for the Roman religion. After all, they have managed to sell to millions of people the idea that they must belong to their organization if they want a secured eternity.

This distinction between unchurched and churched is actually a rewriting of Jesus’ instructions to His followers. Christ called us to make disciples of Him, not to join a religious group. His focus is always on redeeming sinners, not churching unchurched.

Not only is the whole intention of churching people unbiblical, it actually works against obedience to Christ.

Now we have multitudes of religious folks who think the main goal is to get people along to the meetings, rather than to present the beauty, majesty, and necessity of Jesus and His plan for salvation.

This insidious man-powered and man-focused doctrine leads to the error of proselytism rather than evangelism.

Proselytism is focused on getting people to join OUR thing.

Evangelism is committed to seeing people align with God’s thing.

Proselytism exalts men and loves their earthly organizations.

Evangelism exalts Jesus Christ and loves His heaven-birthed family.

Proselytisers can travel over land and sea to make one convert and yet make him twice the son of hell they themselves are.

Evangelists will also travel land and sea but snatch the hell bound from the fires of destruction and set them safely under the wings of the Almighty.

Proselytism leads to syncretism and godless pragmatism. Whatever works is the motto.

Those with the heart for evangelism love Jesus more than building a reputation by adding notches to their Bible. Therefore, they are faithful and sincere and will only present their message in strict obedience to their Lord.

The sad result of the doctrine of churching the unchurched is religious organisations filled with unregenerate attendees. After all, if going to church is the goal, why bother getting saved? Why bother repenting, or studying God’s word, or fellowshipping with Christ. I go to church; what more do you want?

This of course is where the Catholic institution is today. While it is possible to come to the Lord in the Roman cult (even Luther thought there was enough light in Catholicism to get saved), the truth is very few are. I’ve never personally met a committed Catholic who I could be sure had a saving faith, and half of my extended family is Catholic.

However, there is no refuge in modern Protestantism or Evangelicalism or Pentecostalism either. When these groups embrace the same errors as the Roman Catholic Church, they will end up with the same results; hyperchurched heathen in an unsaved “church.”

Not only that, it produces the most horrible situation of false converts, men and women who think they are safe from the wrath to come because of their ecclesiastical membership rather than by the eternal blood of the Lamb of God.

I love the church of Christ. The blood-purchased believers, living stones of a holy temple, heavenly citizens of an eternal kingdom, but I despise the demonically-inspired, man-focused religious clubs that unrightfully claim the title “church.”

Precious believer, don’t fall for the satanic propaganda that you must belong to a church as defined by the churchian who is spreading this deception. Don’t ever fall for the subtle but deadly error that your goal is to “church” people. Don’t be deceived by the demonic doctrine that there is no salvation outside the church. Please don’t allow yourself to be institutionalised; rather be sanctified, set apart for the Master and ready for service to Him.

Father, I ask for Your protection over Your people in apostazing institutions. Call them out and connect them with true brothers and sisters. Bring revelation to those who have not yet been converted but think they have and grant them repentance unto life. Empower us afresh with Your Spirit to present Your truths to this dying generation, and Lord, expose those who don’t know You and yet use their religious reputations to deceive sinner and saint alike. For Jesus’ sake.

http://www.indywatchman.com/church/the-%E2%80%9Cchurched%E2%80%9D-the-%E2%80%9Cunchurched%E2%80%9D-and-the-hyper-churched/#ixzz1dWde9cIW
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:28:37 am »

One of the big problems with today's "church" is that RARELY does ANYONE within these walls stress the importance of being BOREANS and searching scriptures daily. As a matter of fact, it was via the internet the last couple of years where I first learned to do just that...search the scriptures daily to see if these things are so.

Pretty much, the pastor has to be respected at all costs, is infallible, and is immune from criticism. The goals of the "church" is to "build" it.

I mean the result is a big state of confusion - I will admit that throughout my lifetime going to churches, I will read something in the bible that the pastor and the church is doing opposite, and although I will get a tad bit suspicious, I ended up letting it slide b/c of the "conventional wisdom" that the pastors and the rest of the church leaders with their "seminary" degrees should be trusted at all costs.

*sigh* You just don't hear any of these pastors say anything about the blood atonement, Jesus dying for our sins on the cross, and resurrecting 3 days later to be on the right hand of God. They will say alot of right things, but they end up not including THIS, which ends up diminishing the POWER.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:56:19 am »

Revelation 2:
6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Well Nico means Clergy and Laitanes means Laity. Clergy are looked on as perfect by some but they are still sinful.

God doesn't like a Church that has a Reverend (a name for Jesus in Psalm 111:9) or a "Father" or a "Canon" who can do what they like.

Some men think that they are God. Well that is pretty delusional.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 10:58:34 pm »

Hey everyone, I may need some prayer, and maybe some advice on this...

I will be honest, recently, as in maybe over the last few months, the Lord is convicting me to not go to the church where I'm currently attending anymore. I'll be honest, the reason why I still go is b/c my parents are almost 70, and I want to look out for them. With that being said, just something doesn't feel right anymore. It's a 501c3, KJVs aren't used(even though KJV bibles are in the pews), there are 2 Masons in the pews, the 2011 EOY budget was UNDER(but despite this, the church managed to buy 3 flat screen tvs to put the hymn lyrics and sermon outlines on there), the Chinese student group is also pretty much under the guidance of that megachurch pastor(who's now a "missionary" in China) that I talked about to you guys a couple of months ago, etc. It disappoints me that when Noon hits(service gets out at around 11:50am), the parking lot is ALMOST EMPTY(Both I and dad wait on my mom in the car, who stays after to attend with the Chinese students).

I can go on and on, but overall, just something doesn't feel right every time I step in there. And every time I do, I go from feeling uncomfortable to just feeling deceived(meaning that all of a sudden I'm "feeling good", talking and laughing with others, etc). Yeah, sometimes we feel we're immune to deception so we end up presumtously going into it, only to get blinded(if you know what I mean).

Has anyone here been in a similar situation like this? No, I'm not saying the fan's going to hit the ceiling this year, but at the same time, I don't know, something just doesn't feel right. Not that I'm fearing anything, but these "church buildings" would be the last place anyone would be in when the next crisis hits this country, just would hate to be caught flat-footed.

Oh well, at least the Lord lead me to completely stay away from the 6pm service. I don't go there anymore.

What kind of advice would you give, especially from those who've been in this situation?
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:16:44 am »

Be thankful for the situation your in though it doesn't sound good. As for me i wouldn't want to be in that type of Church Building. Read the KJV Scriptures and decide what to do. Perhaps you could join a house Church somewhere or go to a Bible Study? i dont know if there is that available where you are, i find that i learn the most when it is quiet and i can concentrate on what is in the Scriptures, one on one with God.
If you have no Church to go to dont worry it could be a good thing! All you need is the Lord Jesus Christ and if others turn away keep on track like the Apostle Paul did. Read the verses about loneliness, if you think that your in a bad situation just remember that your brothers and sisters are doing it tough too! Though they have different circumstances it is a battlefield out there. Thank the Lord your saved and that your going to Glory with the Lord. These current problems are only temporary.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »

http://jaredmoore.exaltchrist.com/2011/01/25/what-is-the-average-pay-for-a-full-time-southern-baptist-pastor-or-staff-member/

1/25/11

According to the Western Recorder August 3, 2010 issue, the average salary for a full time Southern Baptist Pastor is $55,829; while the average pay package for a full time Southern Baptist pastor is $66,275. I don’t know about you, but these amounts sound insanely high to me.  I figured that pastors made about $10,000 less than this; I make almost $25,000 less than this (God takes care of us).  I want to encourage pastors, regardless what you make, to enjoy the Lord through faithfully loving and serving your local church.  If you are struggling supporting your family, let your church know (don’t expect them to be psychic); so that you can possibly work some biovocationally (My church allows this).  Let us however be good stewards with what the Lord gives us, faithfully providing for our families unto His glory alone as examples for all that may see us.

More statistics (SBC Averages):

Biovocational pastors: Salary – $18,971; Pay Package – $20,667

Full-time Staff: Salary – $54,150; Pay Package – $64,804

Biovocational Staff: Salary – $14,071; Pay Package – $14,464

(Source: Western Recorder Aug. 3, 2010 Issue)

What do you think about these numbers?  Should they be higher or lower?  Or, are they where they should be?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 05:05:11 pm »

^^

For the record, no, I don't agree with everything the writer said above(the biovocational part in particular). But just pointing out the big picture that has plagued the modern-day church(and gone against scripture for that matter too).
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 04:58:47 am »

It depends on if the Pastor is genuine or not, if the Pastor was a genuine non 501c3, KJV promoting Pastor loving and very helpful i would say that Pastor deserves his money, he may have a family to support too.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 01:17:37 pm »

It depends on if the Pastor is genuine or not, if the Pastor was a genuine non 501c3, KJV promoting Pastor loving and very helpful i would say that Pastor deserves his money, he may have a family to support too.

Sure, I agree, however, scripture speaks against hirelings. No, hirelings is NOT a bad word per se - the meaning of this word(according to the 1828 Websters) is merely someone who works for wages(obviously, not a bad thing, as I would be a hireling if I cut my neighbor's lawn every month for $40 each time). However, it's not scriptural for a pastor to earn wages for being a pastor to his church. I think we see why, b/c obviously his wages come from the offering plates, meaning his salary(and benefits package) depends solely on the amount of money coming from it, and ultimately will affect his preaching.

I believe Charles Spurgeon was a paid pastor(although he didn't have to deal with all the retirement packages, as social security didn't even exist then).

Anyhow, yeah, ultimately, over the long haul, it will affect the pastors's messages, whether they want to or not. I like to watch KJV-only pastors preach online(at least alot better than what we see in the modern-day world), however, when they start preaching how Christians have to come to a church building on Sunday mornings and evenings, and then on Wednesday evenings, it just turns me off.

Joh 10:12  But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
Joh 10:13  The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

Act 2:46  And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47  Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »

Churchianity has it all wrong again. Yeah, preachers don't get a salary, or are not suppose to, and it is the group of local believers that support those who are fulltime in the ministry, be it food, clothing, housing, etc.

Jesus said, "Blessed be ye poor", and that it's hard for the rich to make it to heaven because of their worldly riches.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:28 am »

This here came to me:
Churchianity has it all wrong again. Yeah, preachers don't get a salary, or are not suppose to, and it is the group of local believers that support those who are fulltime in the ministry, be it food, clothing, housing, etc.

Can i get some Bible verses that Pastors dont get a salary? Just thinking about it now.

Anyway this came to me to add to the thread:

1 Timothy 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who LABOUR in the word and doctrine.

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and LABOUR of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Revelation 2:
1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2 I know thy works, and thy LABOUR, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

1 Corinthians 3:
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own LABOUR.
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

John 6:27 LABOUR not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 12:58:21 pm »

"As free, and not using [your] liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God." 1 Peter 2:16 (KJB)

"For he that is called in the Lord, [being] a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, [being] free, is Christ's servant." 1 Corinthians 7:22 (KJB)

"For though I be free from all [men], yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more." 1 Corinthians 9:19 (KJB)

"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free." Galatians 4:31 (KJB)

"Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight [thereof], not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;" 1 Peter 5:2 (KJB)

6   Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 
7   For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; 
8   Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: 
9   Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. 
10   For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 
11   For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 
12   Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. 
13   But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 
14   And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 
15   Yet count [him] not as an enemy, but admonish [him] as a brother. 
16 ¶ Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord [be] with you all. 
2 Thessalonians 3:6-16 (KJB)

7   Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely? 
8   I robbed other churches, taking wages [of them], to do you service. 
9   And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all [things] I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and [so] will I keep [myself]. 
10   As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia. 
11   Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth. 
12   But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. 
13   For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 
14   And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 
15   Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. 
2 Corinthians 11:7-15 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 05:16:28 am »

Thanks for the verses
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 03:44:30 pm »

Worship is About a Person Not a Time or Place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zhot37zZDUU&feature=endscreen

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:52:07 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 10:14:01 pm »

This is very interesting(Source: Merriam Webster's Dictionary)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/churchianity

Definition of CHURCHIANITY

: a usually excessive or narrowly sectarian attachment to the practices and interests of a particular church

Origin of CHURCHIANITY

church + -ianity (as in Christianity)
  First Known Use: 1837

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 11:42:00 pm »

OK, I'm not asking anyone here to take time to go through this guy's ministry's web site. However, I ONLY have a general question about it.

Here's the link --> http://crossbearer-brian.tripod.com/index.htm

At the top of the front page, it says, "Crossbearer Brian O'Connell travels from city to city proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ!"

In your opinions, do you think this is churchianity for a ministry to go from city to city, and from country to country to preach the gospel like this? Again, you don't have to weed through everything on this web site, but if you can, please glean through it to get the big picture on it.

Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 08:36:35 pm »

FWIW, this church is a KJV-only one(saw it when Bryan linked one of this pastor's sermons on his web site). With that being said, here is their "prayer list"...

http://thegethsemanechurch.com/Prayer_List.html

Prayer List

If you would like to add to this list fill out a request on the contact form, or ask the Pastor at church.

1. Revival
2. Forgiveness of our transgressions
3. To awaken our nation to repentance and to acknowledge the true God
4. Revival in our churches
5. Repentance among national leaders
6. Return to the Bible
7. Resetting of morals to the divine standard
8. Priority to be placed on the local church
9. A repudiation of the foolishness of liberalism
10. Renunciation of atheism, humanis, hedonism(pleasure as the main goal of life), evolution, ecumenism, homosexuality, alcohol and other sins.
11. An awakening that shakes our nation from coast to coast.
12. A return to bold preaching of God's truth from the pulpit.
13. A reshaping of church programs to set soul winning on he front burner daily.
14. Salvation of souls - millions of them.
15. The rediscovery of Bible built, Bible based families.

For Christians under persecution

The end of abortion

Israel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of them appear to be OK, however...

Revival? Aren't we living in the last days where scripture says otherwise? Isn't awakening a New Age buzzword?(they didn't say Great Awakening though) Isn't there supposed to be a falling away in the last days, and not "millions of souls being saved"? When we pray, don't we say to the Lord "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"? Has he heard of 501c3? Aren't we living in the last days?

I dunno - what do you guys think?
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 10:19:36 pm »

Revival? Aren't we living in the last days where scripture says otherwise? Isn't awakening a New Age buzzword?(they didn't say Great Awakening though) Isn't there supposed to be a falling away in the last days, and not "millions of souls being saved"? When we pray, don't we say to the Lord "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"? Has he heard of 501c3? Aren't we living in the last days?

I dunno - what do you guys think?

Well, number 11 (the shaking) is happening but there doesn’t seem to be an awakening in these churches. This is probably due to the shunning of “conspiracy theories” that the IRS says they’re not allowed to talk about.

The people I see being on fire for God, experiencing PERSONAL revival, responding to the shaking, seem to be youth for the most part. I see that the churches have nothing whatsoever to do with this. It’s more of a direct, divine intervention.

For most of the church-people, it’s still “go along to get along” and “same as it ever was”.

When the POTUS can jokingly use sexual innuendo on an LGBT crowd and when the “churches” are dead silent, then the gates of hell are just about ready to bust wide open.

No other national leader has dared to do that openly AFAIK.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 11:09:34 pm »

Has anyone read Gail Ripplinger's "New Age Bible Versions", by any chance?

I'm currently doing so, and thus far, it is really an eye-popper over the foundations of these versions that are rooted out of Wescott and Hort. Someone here mentioned that modern-day Churchianity is no different from any other religious cult - yeah, it's pretty obvious, especially with all the false versions they use, and it's in these false versions that use the SAME language as these other cults do like Freemasonry, Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and the New Age Movement.

Anyone wonder why the modern-day pastor uses language and phrases like "All Seeing Eye", "the One", "the Christ"? Anyone ever wonder why the modern-day pastor has no qualms with Catholics and Masons? Anyone ever wonder why the modern-day pastor is deceived into thinking there's modern-day Apostles and prophets that are annointed b/c they are "one of the few pure and sinless" people out there? Anyone ever wonder why the modern-day pastor will add works to faith to have salvation? No, it's not necessarily b/c they themselves are occultists, again, look at the bible versions they use.

Also had no idea that not only Wescott and Hort, but alot of the editors et al of these false versions also take part in necromancy and witchcraft.(like the NASB founder's testimony indicates)

For the most part, there seems to be alot of talk over how it's the Emergent/Postmodernism "church" movement that's been doing all the damage since the turn of the century(and planted the seeds in the 90's) - yes, while Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Tony Jones, et al are putting the final nail in the coffin(and Rupert Murdoch is behind them), this is far from the truth that it's only them that's done all the damage. This is my big gripe with alot of these discernment ministries b/c that's all they focus on(and rarely do they take a stand for the KJV).

This book was written in the 90's - back then internet access was much far and fewer in between(no, it wasn't limited, but it's much more accessible to alot more things now). And Ripplinger really had all the facts down pat then. WOW.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 11:34:35 pm »

^^^
I’m starting to see “the great falling away” more like “the great luring away”. This agenda was in effect long before I was ever born. The enemy’s methods require subtle changes over a long time to lure believers away from the truth. It also requires infiltration of believers coming together, lest they realize the power that they have. Just a few words can unlock generations of lies.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 12:50:52 am »

The Jesuits have successfully brought in new Modern Bibles that are Catholic friendly to steer Christians away from the KJV Bible. The Jesuits work in secret to fill important positions even in Protestant congregations, Charismatic circles, or others. It is for them to bring all false church systems to the mother harlot of Rome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUQW3jbaq9M&feature=plcp

Satan's Emergent Church Movement
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 09:41:17 am »

^^^
I’m starting to see “the great falling away” more like “the great luring away”. This agenda was in effect long before I was ever born. The enemy’s methods require subtle changes over a long time to lure believers away from the truth. It also requires infiltration of believers coming together, lest they realize the power that they have. Just a few words can unlock generations of lies.

Yeah, that's what the agendas of these false bible versions have done - leading away from the truth into the worship, and eventual bringing in of the OWG Antichrist.

For the record, personally, I got saved reading an NIV bible years ago - however, the facts are that churches on a CORPORATE level using these false versions which cut out some 64K words and make some 1000s of different translations contrary to the AV1611 is stearing them in the opposite direction, and merging them with other cults like the Masons, JWs, Mormons, Buddhists, etc.

And yes, it is very subtle and seducing - from my experiences 4 years ago, the Christian Science cult comes to mind. When you read Mary Baker Eddy's "Health and Science with Keys to the Scriptures", her heresies are very subtle. She says a good amount of truth, but she will subtlely, and seducingly mix it with some really d@mnable heresies(it won't be until around 1/2 through when her true fangs come out, one of them being she believes the blone atonement is a heresy, and Christ is just "an idea" of God).

The Jesuits have successfully brought in new Modern Bibles that are Catholic friendly to steer Christians away from the KJV Bible. The Jesuits work in secret to fill important positions even in Protestant congregations, Charismatic circles, or others. It is for them to bring all false church systems to the mother harlot of Rome.

Satan's Emergent Church Movement

Saw Bryan's video on this a while back - he did a very thorough job on this. My point about the Emergent Church is that like Obama is doing on the political level, the EC is putting the FINAL NAILS in the coffin in this leadup to the Rev 13 and Daniel 7/11 prophecies to kick off. Yes, they are very, very dangerous, but to say they are the ONLY ones who caused all the damage in the church today is far from the truth.

It all started with Wescott and Hort in 1881, which lead to all the false perverted versions. Then there was 501c3 in the 50's. Then there was the so-called "religious right" in 1980. The list goes on. Yes, the Jesuits have had a hand in all of this, and now has given the baton over to the EC to put the final nails in the coffin.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 09:54:18 am »

Pretty much, the pastor has to be respected at all costs, is infallible, and is immune from criticism. The goals of the "church" is to "build" it.

Are you saing that's how it should be? or are you being sarcastic?  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 10:45:19 am »

Are you saing that's how it should be? or are you being sarcastic?  Huh

One of the big problems with today's "church" is that RARELY does ANYONE within these walls stress the importance of being BOREANS and searching scriptures daily. As a matter of fact, it was via the internet the last couple of years where I first learned to do just that...search the scriptures daily to see if these things are so.

The first paragraph before it leading up to the comment in the 2nd para was what I was trying to point out how the modern-day "church" system is...

Sorry I didn't clarify then, but just to clear things up now - this is the MENTALITY of the modern-day "church" system...somehow the pastor is infallible, can't be questioned b/c he went to a "bible trained seminary" so therefore is immune to criticism, and ultimately one of the goals of the "church" is to "build" it.

No, I'm not defending young people who attend these "church" systems for falling away when they get older - but at the same time, it disturbs me to see how the pews, in particular young people in the pews are taught sternly to be moral and righteous, but en yet when these "pastors" start acting self-righteous, arrogant, and get out of line, the pews are instructed "not to judge" them(and then point out numerous "great" things about them). So IMHO, this is why I partly think young people who are in these systems end up rebelling a bit and fall away when they go off to college. I remember seeing a CNN segment on Christianity 5 years ago, and this young couple went from attending church as youths, then falling away, then after they had a family, they started attending the heretical Unitarian Church. Again, I'm not defending them, but at the same time it's disturbing.

Again, please accept my apologies for not be clear on this, but this is what I meant(which the 1st para was leading up to).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 10:51:03 am »

ya, i was like, thats not like him at all.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 10:09:23 am »

Churchianity is in its state as it is b/c by and large, they've thrown out the KJV. It's gotten to a point now where you really see no difference b/w some "macho" man SBC preacher and some "liberal" woman Presbyterian preacher. They end up preaching the same thing - worldly, philosophical, words of wisdom, praising catholics, all the while ignoring Jesus Christ's finished works on the cross.

And it's also gotten to a point where they are looking to "highly esteemed" men(or women) for all the answers, whether they are so-called "prophets", "apostles", Emergent Church leaders to help "build" their churches, or whatever they can't find any answers to.

Also, prior to Jimmy Swaggart getting caught with those prostitutes, he was not only quoting out of those New Age bibles, but the scriptures he was quoting was perverted into New Age theology. Not saying KJV-only people are exempt from temptation, but nonetheless those false bibles aren't gonna give you any wisdom, understanding, etc in those trying times. Guess it's no surprise to see a growing number of pastors getting caught surfing p0rn.

There lies the consequences of using noodle-edged swords.

1Co 5:7  Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
1Co 5:8  Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 04:37:50 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 11:10:43 am »

This is a very good video - yeah, I had the same experiences 4-5 years ago - pretty much the FIRST time I heard the TRUE gospel was when someone SHOWED me the scriptures(I'm sure everyone here is familiar with XTruthSeekerX - it was on a PPF discussion thread where it really caught my attention when he exposed Isaiah 14:12 in the NIV compared to the KJB, and the good news being preached to me went on from there).

Ultimately, over the long haul, I was like, "Why haven't I heard THIS before?!". While these Apostate churches don't blatantly preach works, they will do so very subtlely. For example, they will manipulate you and make you feel guilty so that they can get you to give money to their "ministries" et al, and get you to do some of their "dirty work". And not to mention too the pastors' sermons ends up feeling more to be desired. It's as if at the end of the day, you just feel tired, worn out, etc. It's over the long haul where the Apostate church believer ends up believing "works" have to be added.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 04:54:48 am »

"Three out of four Americans believe the Bible is the word of God — some say the literal word, others that a supreme being inspired the text — but an increasing number also view the book as simply a collection of fables, legends and history, according to a newly published poll by Gallup.

The survey, which sampled 1,028 adults aged 18 and older in interviews conducted May 8-11 of this year, 28 percent said they believed the Bible was the "actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word." That percentage is down from the peak of about 40 percent seen in similar surveys in the late 1970s and just above the all-time low of 27 percent reported in Gallup surveys in both 2001 and 2009.

According to Gallup, its questions touch on "two ongoing debates in Christian theology."

"One is about whether the words of the Bible came directly from God — essentially using the writers as scribes — or if they are the words of men, but guided by divine inspiration. The other debate involves the meaning of the words: whether they should be taken literally, or be viewed partly — or merely — as metaphors and allegories that allow for interpretation.""Also, by 58% to 34%, Christians are significantly more likely to indicate they believe the Bible is the actual word of God when given the additional option of saying "the Bible is the actual word of God, but multiple interpretations are possible" than when only having the option of saying "the Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word." This could be an important indicator of the depth of U.S. Christians' devotion to the Bible," Gallup says.

In the latest poll, 47 percent say the Bible is "the inspired word of God but not everything in it should be taken literally," while 21 percent said it's "an ancient book of fables, legends, history, and moral precepts recorded by man." That figure is up from 17 percent in a 2012 survey and the same as reported in a 2009 poll.

In a 2013 survey, Gallup found that 76 percent of Americans describe themselves as Christians, while 22 percent identify with another religion, or no religion, including 15 percent as "none," the largest percentage since the religion survey was first taken in 1948."

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/jun/04/most-americans-see-bible-as-word-of-god-gallup/
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 07:44:51 pm »

Yeah, not very surprising b/c they use all of these perversions. Can't tell you how many of these people I've crossed paths with that tried to "spiritualize" and "alleghorize" too many things in scripture.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: