End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:22:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The “churched,” the “unchurched,” and the hyper-churched

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The “churched,” the “unchurched,” and the hyper-churched  (Read 3795 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 04:04:27 am »

Bible Access Breakthrough: YouVersion Bible App Tops 1,000 Translations

“It’s unprecedented in history having so many Bible versions in the palm of your hand—something we never imagined was possible even a few years ago,” said the app’s creator. The Bible App offers more written languages than any other app on the planet.

In another major milestone, the wildly popular and free YouVersion Bible App has expanded to more than 1,000 translations of the Bible in over 700 languages.

“It’s unprecedented in history having so many Bible versions in the palm of your hand—something we never imagined was possible even a few years ago,” said Bobby Gruenewald, the app’s creator and Innovation Pastor of LifeChurch.tv in Oklahoma. “This milestone wouldn’t be possible if not for the Bible translators and the more than 150 publishers, Bible societies, and organizations that have collaborated with YouVersion.”

So which version clocked in as the Bible App’s 1000th? It’s the Deftera Lfida Dzratawi, the first digital translation of the New Testament into Hdi, a language spoken predominantly in the West African nation of Cameroon.

Since 1987, Wycliffe Bible translators have collaborated with Cameroonians to learn and analyze the dialect as they composed the first Hdi (pronounced huh-DEE) edition of the Bible, published and distributed in print in 2013.

“To see this labor of love now go digital with YouVersion is incredible as we see the potential to reach the nearly 45,000 Hdi speakers in Cameroon and nearby Nigeria,” said Bob Creson, President and CEO of Wycliffe USA, who also thanked project partners SIL International and the Cameroon Association for Bible Translation and Literacy.

Often there are divinely inspired moments of discovery when translating the Bible into a language, particularly for the first time. Such was the case with Hdi, revolving around the verb “dvu,” meaning in essence to love unconditionally. For centuries, this word was known to Hdi speakers, but rarely used. Instead “dva” was used far more often. For example, a man would dva his wife, but his love was conditional based on how useful and faithful she was.

When local Cameroon community leaders, who were part of the Hdi translation committee, realized that dvu best expressed God’s love for them and the kind of love he wanted people to mirror in their lives, it opened their eyes to an entirely new way of experiencing their faith.

“God had encoded the story of His unconditional love right into their language. Properly translated and understood, God’s Word has incredible power to change lives and communities. It can transform the way people relate to God and others, including women, providing an entirely new world view,” added Creson.

Downloaded on over 150 million devices, the Bible App now reaches 87 percent of the Christians worldwide who have Internet access, offering more written languages than any other app on the planet. The app offers Bible translations embraced by Catholics, Evangelicals, Protestants, Russian Orthodox, and even Messianic Jews along with countless other denominations.

What languages have the most downloads of the Bible App to date? Find out in this special infographic created for the 1,000 Bible versions milestone.

"We are thrilled to play our part, sourcing the Bible translations that make this landmark reach of Scripture engagement possible," said Gary Nelson, chairman of Every Tribe Every Nation, a YouVersion partner that has been instrumental in contributing to the milestone. "It's a tremendous picture of what is possible as great teams and technology come together, committed to a day when no one on planet earth would live beyond hope of God's Word.”

We’ve come a long way since the first handwritten English-translation of the Bible was published in 1380. “Technology in recent years has dramatically reduced the time it takes to produce a first-language translation from decades to a few years. Within two weeks of completion, in the villages we serve people can access the text on their cell phones. What a blessing!” said Lois Gourley of SIL International, a Christian nonprofit dedicated to studying, developing, and documenting languages, especially lesser-known ones.

Despite the impressive milestone of more than 1,000 versions in over 700 languages, YouVersion and its partners have plenty of work ahead. With 6,901 distinct languages in the world, thousands are still waiting for translation to begin or to be completed.

Available for Apple, Android and virtually every mobile device, download the Bible App at bible.com/app."

ABOUT YOUVERSION

YouVersion is a ministry of LifeChurch.tv, a multi-site church based in Oklahoma. Meeting in 20 different physical locations and globally online, the church is devoted to helping people around the world become fully devoted followers of Christ.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/10/prweb12222381.htm

Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 12:23:03 pm »

It seems like whenever they put out a new (per)version, God's judgments always follows - for example, look at all of the abominations that followed after the NIV(and all "bibles" that spawned from it) was put out in 1973.

There will come a time(potentially in the immediate future) when there will be ONLY ONE "bible" for the world - and that will be the Antichrist's "bible" during the time of Jacob's trouble.
Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 09:17:34 am »

Yeah - I've also seen their invitations to sign up for devotionals from John McArthur, Charles Stanley, and other corrupt doctrine "pastors". I like being able to find a KJV scripture fast to text to a friend or my husband for a word of encouragement or exhortation - but I keep my paper version (that can't be updated and CHANGED without my knowledge) handy in order to check it to make sure the app is accurate.  I'm so aware how subtle the deception can happen, I even packed my own bible in my suitcase when I went overseas recently.  Yes BA, you are right that the intention ultimately is to make it impossible to find the true word of God. And the works of darkness will NEARLY succeed. Those who find real KJV paper versions will be like finding gold!

Proverbs 8:8-13, 18-19, 32-35 KJV

All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.  They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.  Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.  For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.  I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.  The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.  Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.  My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.  Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.  Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.  Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.  For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord .
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:23:24 am by Boldhunter » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 04:46:05 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »

That was a very interesting study by bro Mark Hunter. I never thought of that.

I can only feel how Lot and Jeremiah felt during their days.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 12:17:56 am »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: