End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:54:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Are KJV Onlyism Arguments Valid?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are KJV Onlyism Arguments Valid?  (Read 989 times)
akfools
« on: November 13, 2011, 05:18:09 pm »

This came off KeithTruth's you tube page.
Here are some clips of Dr. Dan Wallace and Dr. James White debating some KJV Onlyist brothers showing the error of people who say that the KJV is the only reliable translation. I compiled this for those who follow people that would say that unless you affirm KJV Onlyism you are "satanic"

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

akfools
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:22:13 pm »

And then there is Mr. Sanderson. When he isn't getting beat up by the border police, he is a preacher.

Pastors Who Preach the NIV AREN'T SAVED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIX3pD0l6k&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:24:58 pm »

The Prophecy Club - Gail Riplinger - New Age Bible Versions

Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 05:51:58 pm »

KJV Revisions Myths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gug0BZGdXlE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Shouldn't we emphasize love for Jesus Christ rather than squabbling over Bible translations?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOwk2TFpdOw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 05:56:22 pm »

Pastors Who Preach the NIV AREN'T SAVED!

There really might be something to this one. Ive been in churches where the Pastor used a "modern" version. And in all cases the church members each used a different version. In all honestly what is being preached here but confusion? With out going into all the problems with the Westcott and Hort Devil versions, how is the body of Christ edified by confusion?
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
akfools
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 06:02:31 pm »

I compiled this for those who follow people that would say that unless you affirm KJV Onlyism you are "satanic" (KeithTruth)

I have yet to meet a "KJV Onlyist" who claims that not using the KJV qualifies a person as satanic. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 06:24:52 pm »

Dr Kent Hovind explains why the KJV Bible is Accurate and Correct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFTX-j5h2oA&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 06:36:59 pm »

There really might be something to this one. Ive been in churches where the Pastor used a "modern" version. And in all cases the church members each used a different version. In all honestly what is being preached here but confusion? With out going into all the problems with the Westcott and Hort Devil versions, how is the body of Christ edified by confusion?

Joe Schimmel from GoodFightMinistries preaches from something other than the KJV. Though I have heard him recite KJV verses from memory in some videos.

Russ Dizdar doesnt advocate KJV.

Chris White prefers a NKJV.

They are all fairly solid doctrinally speaking.

What bible version a christian is using does not declare them to be saved or not. That just doesn't work. I don't think anyone here believes that it does. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:17:38 pm by Jim » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 06:47:44 pm »

Im talking about in churches. Chris isnt a Pastor. Im not sure about Dizdar, and done know the other guy. But still my point stands. How can a church that uses multiple versions, and the Pastor uses a different version all you have is confusion. Im not talking about individual people. And in all honesty i do not know how anyone that claims to know the history of modern versions can use them.
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 07:07:25 pm »

I agree with it being confusion. This is one of the most valid points to the issue. I cant even sit through many 10 min videos on you tube if they are quoting from new versions. It drives me nuts.

Joe Schimmel is in the Meggido movies. He made the Hollywood War Against God movie.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 07:11:12 pm »

Joe Schimmel is in the Meggido movies

ill have to check that out agaiin since the movies were done by Chris Pinto, and he is pure KJV.
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 07:24:34 pm »

I have downloaded a few of his sermons and he does not use a KJV. But like I said he seems to have the KJV text memorized in other teachings of his I have heard. He might even run a 501c3 church? I know his website is an org. . Don't know if that always equates to a 501c3. He seems to love the lord and preach the word. I just watched a good vid from him the other day.

Joe Schimmel has been equipping Christians with the truth of God’s word for more than 25 years. His testimony of the transforming power of Jesus Christ in his own life can be seen in the powerful exposé, They Sold Their Souls for Rock & Roll, and has been heard during live presentations at churches around the world in which he describes his own deliverance from the bondage and satanic influence of Rock Music at the age of 18. This calling and love for the Lord led Joe to start Good Fight Ministries in 1987 with a mission to reach a lost and dying world with the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ. As head of Good Fight Ministries and Senior Pastor of Blessed Hope Chapel in Simi Valley, California, Joe’s life work and ministry are dedicated to carrying out the Great Commission of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19-20).

In addition to the video production, They Sold Their Souls for Rock & Roll, and its predecessor, Rock & Roll Sorcerers of the New Age Revolution, Good Fight Ministries, under the direction and guidance of Joe, has faithfully continued to expose “the unfruitful deeds of darkness” (Ephesians 5:11) with subsequent film and television exposés. These include Hollywood’s War on God, and affiliate productions such as The Kinsey Syndrome, which exposes the hidden deceptions of the sexual revolution and Satan’s attempt to corrupt the hearts and minds of believers and non-believers alike.

Joe’s objective for Good Fight Ministries is to teach and encourage spiritual warfare against the powers of darkness, and to share important insights as they relate to biblical prophecy and the end times. Joe provides information from a biblical and spiritual worldview to help people make informed life choices that often have eternal consequences. He carefully researches growing religious trends and ideas that attempt to undermine biblical Christianity, providing written articles and video exposés covering various trends in present pop culture. To His glory, God has used Joe’s videos and live presentations to bring thousands of people to Christ, as well as impact and strengthen several thousand families. You can read some of these testimonies on Good Fight’s official website at www.goodfight.org.

Parallel to the outreach of Good Fight Ministries, Joe’s ministry at Blessed Hope Chapel continues to strengthen and grow both families and individuals alike in their walk with the Lord. Under Joe’s teaching and encouragement, Blessed Hope is a fellowship of fruitful Believers committed to the truth of God’s word, praise and worship to His Holy Name, and submission and service in seeking His will for their lives and the church body as a whole. Along with his brothers and sisters in Christ, Joe and his family are actively involved in street evangelism and international ministries which include on-going mission trips to Central America, Europe, and the Middle East as they reflect the love of Christ, and God’s message of hope to a sinful and dying world, through Jesus’ redemptive sacrifice on the cross.

This is the church website:  http://www.blessedhopechapel.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtbqhX-JoQ&feature=related

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:15:39 pm by Jim » Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 07:53:51 pm »

Russ has a ministry. So does Chris White. A few weeks ago William went to one of Russ's speaking events near where he lives in
Missouri . He told me it was at a 501c3, NIV preaching church that Russ spoke at. They had dancing and a cookout afterwords. William said Russ put him up in a hotel room for two nights. Russ has many, many teachings and his book Black Awakening. I have never heard him quote from the KJV and he does not advocate KJV onlyism. He has worked with MPD and Satanic Ritual Abuse victims for over 20 years. Is he not saved because he teaches from a modern version. This would be a foolish measure for us to to judge salvation by.

The work of Shatter the Darkness began in 1986. Over the years we have ministered to thousands of dear people. We have spoken in schools, preached in churches, taught in a police academy, held conferences, seminars, crusades and worked with hundreds one on one.
Shatter and its workers have spent over 20 years and thousands of hours helping victims of the satanic agenda. We absolutely do not charge victims in their time of need so we have to raise the funds necessary to maintain and expand this work.  We hope you can help us today.

As of August 2006 and after 20+ years
Russ has launched Shatter's work full time. This has opened the door to new forms of communication and outreach. Preemption Broadcast was started as Russ' ''pulpit to the world''.  Sermons, crusade messages, special training, teaching, pod casts and radio interviews are now touching hundreds of thousands of listeners.
Dear Friends from over 50 countries have come to the Shatter web site for information and help. Some of them have written with requests for help and prayer. Well over a million people have come to the Shatter web site.
We now have the possibility of evangelistic outreach to hundreds of thousands and even millions! We hope to launch our own live radio in 2009.
We continue to reach out weekly with our REEP trip mission teams.
One on one ministry continues and dozens of interactions with those who e-mail occur every week. Counseling, prayer, deliverance and salvations.
The awesome news, ministry and works of the Lord Jesus Christ are proclaimed and shared with those who seek hope and those who need His Grace.

http://shatterthedarkness.net/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:11:42 pm by akfools » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 08:03:06 pm »

Oh and in April of 2011 Dizdar flipped out because he couldnt read through a thread talking about a video made by Chris White that included some Mormon quotes that we were being discussed.  Cheesy

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,717.msg4301.html#msg4301

just saying...

p.s. I also live less that 10 minutes from him.  Cheesy

William said Russ put him up in a hotel room for two nights

i dont believe that.
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 08:13:25 pm »

I remember the "flipping out" Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 10:10:49 pm »

I'll say this much about 501c3 - the federal government, as draconian as it is, is nonetheless up to its EYEBALLS with so many issues and problems and issues and problems, which is why you don't exactly see the IRS crack down on every single 501c3 church in America, which should be in the 1000s. Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if 100s of pastors endorse candidates from the pulpit and get away with it(ie-it's only on rare occassions when the IRS will make an example out of someone, like Bob Jones Univ).

Pt being that there WILL come a day, and it could be pretty soon, when Caesar will call in his chips(ie-potential false flag pandemic/terrorist attacks), and don't be surprised to see Caesar giving these 501c3s and ultimatum...either you give us unlimited obedience(ie-using their churches as FEMA camps/helping to carry out forced vaccinations), or lose EVERYTHING.

No, I'm not saying this will happen with 100% certainty, but we WILL see which of these ministries that have been preaching truth all along will either continue to take a stand for Jesus Christ, or their true colors will come out. How will DA Waite, Chick Tracts, Joe Schimmel, Russ Dizzdar, et al react? We will all find out, and it could be very soon.

Joe Schimmel - He's produced some very good stuff, I would recommend his work to others.

DA Waite - I have his KJV. He's done a good job having some key words defined, and overall I would recommend his KJV. I'm also on his mailing list(as he sends out some end times watchman's stuff).

Chick Tracts - I can't afford to buy anything now, but if I had a job, I would buy tracts from here. Fellowship Tract League is where I get mine(for free), and I believe they too are 501c3.

Russ Dizzdar - I listened to like one of his presentations(Black Awakening, which is very good), but overall, he doesn't interest me, even if he was a KJV guy.

Chris White - something just doesn't smell right with this guy. I've listened to a few of his stuff. Some of it is good, but he can be a bit manipulating as he'll say something one minute, and then say it completely different the next. Also, his "debate" with Jordan Maxwell sounded like the typical Hegelian Dialect/professional wrestling nonsense.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 10:20:02 pm »

Also, NOT defending the NIV here, but my biggest concern with today's church is that it's been infiltrated with NEW AGE leaven. And with it has came authority of MAN REPLACING CHRIST'S authority over the church.

Look how many churches today are under the umbrella of Purpose Driven/Willow Creek Assoc/Emergent - yeah, it means Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, et al are the ones HAVING DOMINION over their member churches ala the Pope(ie-they have final say over staff members, which bible versions to put in the pews, what products to send them, training pastors over how to run their churches, the list go on). Seriously, shouldn't pastors KNOW that they should be lead by the HOLY GHOST when making these decisions, and not some man?

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 07:28:41 am »

It's not just the 501c3/non-KJV pastors et al, we have to discern ALL things, test ALL spirits, and even beware of the non-501c3/KJV-only pastors et al as well.

John Weaver is a perfect example - he made a youtube presentation over government takeover of churches via 501c3, and how they were hoodwinked and ultimately leavened. It's a very good presentation, won't deny that. HOWEVER, he's quietly supported Preterism, is anti-Israel, and has even endorsed Gary DeMar(who's a notorious Preterist who's connected with a very liberal denomination, Presbyterian USA).

I mean this should get you thinking - someone who's KJV-only and has been outspoken against government takeover of churches in America(via 501c3)...HOW in the world is he a PRETERIST? And why is he endorsing someone(DeMar) who is in complete error with the scriptures?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 03:14:12 pm »

Dr Kent Hovind explains why the KJV Bible is Accurate and Correct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFTX-j5h2oA&feature=related

just want to point out to this kid that King James did not translate the Bible at all.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 11:10:16 pm »

Finally, An Error in the KJB!

If you Google "How old was Ahaziah?" you will run into numerous articles trying to tell us that the KJB and Hebrew reading is wrong here. Of course, I do not believe it is wrong and I think this is the best explanation of why it is not wrong.
http://brandplucked.webs.com/howoldwasahaziah.htm

I would like to respond to the points brought up in the recent discussion James White and I had on his radio program called Dividing Line. This conversation took place on Tuesday August 9th, 2011.
You can see a You Tube video of Mr. White in his studio and listen to the conversation we had using this link -

Will Kinney Defends the KJB Play List

Article - http://brandplucked.webs.com/jameswhitediscussion.htm

Another King James Bible Believer
http://brandplucked.webs.com/

Discussion group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/whichversion
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »

Are Modern Translations Trustworthy? Playlist
Many, Many Video's On The Topic

http://www.youtube.com/user/BereanBeacon#grid/user/CFD8DC47E427831E
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 10:14:03 am »

I was in church yesterday, and the pastor was preaching a sermon on a passage in Hebrews - afterwards, someone commented to me how he could never understand the book of Hebrews, and how the pastor cleared alot of things up.

If you're reading the KJV, Hebrews is VERY, VERY clear, and easy to understand. Those other versions like the NIV have made Hebrews a whallop of confusion. Here's the point - alot of these pastors DO know the KJV, which is why they seem to understand alot of the bible in the first place. HOWEVER, again, THEY DO KNOW the KJV is the TRUTH, but out of filthy lucre, pleasing men, etc, they're turning their flock to these other versions and even accomodating their ownselves by using other versions themselves. Are they afraid their salaries and 401Ks will disappear, as well as their children's college expenses? Don't they understand that Jesus Christ says their needs would be provided? Are they afraid their respective denominations will hound them?

Are pastors who preach out of other versions not saved? To be honest, I don't know - however, at best, they are purposely deceiving their flocks by leading them to these other versions(when they know better), and ultimately they are getting the flock to be disciples of THEM. At worse, yeah, they could be unsaved, b/c if they were, the Lord would chaseth after them and chastiseth them, and not leave them in those rotten systems.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: