End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 01:03:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

NWO/SJ establishment hyping Tim Tebow as a born-again Christian?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NWO/SJ establishment hyping Tim Tebow as a born-again Christian?  (Read 13665 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »

Rapist? Don't know about that, but he does seem to have some female issues.

Cheaters? Now that is totally true! They were caught red-handed, and the NFL did nothing.

In all fairness, Ray Lewis was aquitted of any charges.

And if God actually tried to destroy New Orleans, it wouldn't be here now! That is a fact.

But yeah, I get their point!  Wink

Overall, ALL of those comments showed either they were doctrinally in ERROR, or just have NO CLUE over what the bible says.

Edit: As for New Orleans, it was our OWN GOVERNMENT that used HAARP to do major damage to that city. Just saying...
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2012, 02:26:11 pm »

Yes, we do know them by their fruits.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2012, 02:28:03 pm »

Cheaters? Now that is totally true! They were caught red-handed, and the NFL did nothing.

Well, they got consequences somewhat - they weren't stripped of their top 10 draft pick they got from SF(which turned out to be ILB Jared Mayo), but they DID lose their #32 overall, which the Giants(whom they lost in the SB to that year) used to select FS Kenny Phillips at #31. Phillips probably would have been drafted by the Pats instead if not for, which is why they have problems in their secondary now.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2012, 04:49:36 pm »

Rapist? Don't know about that, but he does seem to have some female issues.

I believe he has 2 or 3 charges against him.

Yep got caught

In all fairness, Ray Lewis was aquitted of any charges.

ya, he was acquitted, as the others kept changing their story to get him off. Im sure they are well paid now. And he isnt the only one on that team who should be in jail. .

And if God actually tried to destroy New Orleans, it wouldn't be here now! That is a fact.

That was clearly a message from the Lord.

But yeah, I get their point!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 05:13:00 pm »

As for New Orleans - assuming Jesus doesn't make his second coming in our generation, it IS going to take another generation for it to return to the way it was. I moved out in 2006(a year after the storm), but from all the reports I've heard, there's HARDLY any progress being made over anything.

Funny how the Billy Grahams and Rick Warrens came down after the storm hit, and acted like God had great plans to "make the city better". Roll Eyes

As for judgement coming down on New Orleans, it wasn't the city ALONE...remember there's a big gas pipeline down there that got affected, which affected the entire country's gas prices/economy, etc over the long haul. And now remember the big oil spill catastrophe 2 years ago...
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

from all the reports I've heard, there's HARDLY any progress being made over anything.

Brad Pitt and his UN-friendly charity built like 10 homes in the 9th Ward. Yeah, that place is still desolate.

And yes, I do think people need to consider such events as God trying to tell people something.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2012, 07:53:30 pm »

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/12/12/Poll-43-percent-believe-God-helps-Tebow-/msn_landing.html?blockID=644750&feedID=3614

1/12/12

Poll: 43 percent believe God helps Tebow win

Some have made the joke that evangelical Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow gets a little help from above when he takes the field on Sundays.

But a recent poll shows that there are plenty of people out there who truly believe that's the case.

According to a telephone survey conducted Tuesday by the website Poll Position, 43.3 percent of people believe Tebow's accomplishments on the field can be attributed to divine intervention.

The poll surveyed 1,056 people, and of the 756 who said they were familiar with Tebow, roughly 327 of them said they believe God plays a role in the second-year NFL quarterback's success.

Only 42.3 percent of those familiar with Tebow said divine intervention does not play a role in Tebow's success (14.4 percent gave no opinion), meaning there are more respondents who do believe Tebow is receiving a little extra help than there are who don't.

The 18- to 29-year-old demographic was the most likely to believe that Tebow's accolades are a result of divine intervention, at 52.3 percent, followed by the 45- to 64-year-old age group (47.9 percent), the 30- to 44-year-old age group (38.1 percent) and respondents ages 65 or above (30.9 percent).

The poll also found that women were more likely than men to believe that God is a Broncos fan, with 46.4 percent of female respondents saying yes, as opposed to 40.6 percent of men.

When it comes to party affiliation, 54.2 percent of Republicans said they believe God plays a role in Tebow's success, as opposed to 38.2 percent of Democrats and 35.1 percent of independents.

And among ethnic groups, Latino respondents proved to be the biggest believers, with a whopping 81.3 percent saying they believe God helps Tebow and the Broncos succeed. 59.5 percent of black respondents and 38.3 percent of white respondents also said yes.

Tebow's faith has been a subject of much attention — and occasional ridicule — over the past few months. His traditional kneeling pose while praying on the field has led to the "Tebowing" craze, and comedy show "Saturday Night Live" recently performed a skit poking fun at the former Gator's outwardly religious ways.

But Tebow seems to be taking all of the attention — positive and negative — in stride.

He has remained outspoken about his faith despite the criticism, and since Tebow took over the starting quarterback job in October, his Broncos are 8-4 — not to mention just two wins away from a spot in the Super Bowl.

Denver's next game is Saturday night in Foxborough, Mass., against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2012, 07:53:52 am »

Personally, I think this whole "3:16" that went on during the that game on Sun evening just screaming "lying signs and wonders" to me. I mean I don't recall anywhere in the bible where evangelism was used in this very manner. Jesus, the prophets and apostles preached the word, it wasn't like they themselves used these particular signs and wonders during sports and entertainment events to spread the word. And for that matter too, none of this ended up leading anyone to the Lord Jesus Christ(from various message forums, most people ended up either merely aweing at this like a kid would do at an amusement park, or mocking this).

There was also one point in the game where the Broncos got hosed on a call where the Steelers threw a backward lateral, but the refs blew the whistle imcomplete. For some reason, the Broncos coach couldn't challenge it b/c by rules, the whistle blew the play dead as a forward pass, so therefore no fumble was awarded. If that didn't happen, the game would have been put away by Denver then(as they had a 10 pt lead and would have had the ball in Pitt territory), and I doubt all this "3:16" signs would have happened.

Overall, I'm not questioning Tebow's faith, but my problem with Churchianity today is that they have this perception that if you are a Christian who attends church every week, gives your tithe, and reads your devotionals consistently, then you will be blessed with earthly things while you live, which is why this poll above is rather disturbing. I mean it's come to a point now where "certain" Christians are "special", so God "rewards" them with "special gifts" b/c supposedly "they have very little to no sin"(ie-see my thread in the Prayer Requests or Fellowship forums over an asian missionary who claims to have these "prophecy" gifts).

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:56:53 am by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2012, 03:24:00 am »

Well folks, the ride is over for this season. Denver's season is finally over, pretty much as expected. The Patriots and Brady apparently decided to make a statement and blew out the Broncos. Not even close. Looked like a Super Bowl team against a high school team.

And Tebow isn't the blame on this one. The Denver defense forgot to show up. No quarterback can play under that kind of pass rush! None. Tebow never had a chance to pull off anything. And Denver's defense was no problem for Brady who just stood in the pocket with virtually no pressure and picked them off.

I turned it off at about 8 minutes to go, so I didn't see the end. What was the deal with Brady punting on 3rd down quick kick? Whatever!

Maybe next year, if the Lord wills.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:32:13 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2012, 08:11:39 am »

Well folks, the ride is over for this season. Denver's season is finally over, pretty much as expected. The Patriots and Brady apparently decided to make a statement and blew out the Broncos. Not even close. Looked like a Super Bowl team against a high school team.

And Tebow isn't the blame on this one. The Denver defense forgot to show up. No quarterback can play under that kind of pass rush! None. Tebow never had a chance to pull off anything. And Denver's defense was no problem for Brady who just stood in the pocket with virtually no pressure and picked them off.

I turned it off at about 8 minutes to go, so I didn't see the end. What was the deal with Brady punting on 3rd down quick kick? Whatever!

Maybe next year, if the Lord wills.

Next year? With the way bible prophecy is moving quicker and quicker, it wouldn't surprise me if we see our last Super Bowl next month, or for that matter there could be a slight chance we don't even make it to the Super Bowl next month. Iran is heating up, the eurozone is about to collapse, Greece likely won't get their "bailout", the current Pope is very frail and has not much longer to live, the world economy is about to collapse, the list goes on.

Not saying everything will go down this year, but things are moving faster and faster, it seems.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2012, 03:27:13 am »

All depends on what you look to take place in the near future. There's many "events" to the end times. We haven't seen a temple built, so we aren't that far along. And we haven't got a treaty yet either. Yeah, a leadup to these events? I'd say so.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2012, 08:06:08 am »

Well, what is it with all these #1 seeds getting knocked out early? Aaron Rodgers had this same "deer in the headlights" look Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady(last year), Eli Manning(in '08)and for that matter too Nate Kading did in recent years when their teams looked sloppy and went one and done.

It's as if this whole thing is scripted - dropped passes, blown assignments, poorly prepared, distractions during the bye week, while the opposing teams coming out of the WC rounds "got hot at the right time".

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 09:48:22 am »

TIM TEBOW EXPOSES HOW SHALLOW CHRISTIANITY HAS BECOME

By Coach Dave Daubenmire
January 26, 2012
NewsWithViews.com

“America! America! God Shed His Grace on Thee; And Crown Thy Good, With Brotherhood…” -America The Beautiful

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! -Isaiah 5:20

In case you have not noticed, sleeve-wearing Christian Tim Tebow has been causing quite a stir across the football world with his unashamed living out of the Gospel. His I-love-Jesus-more-than-anything approach to life has proved to be quite unsettling to those who are uncomfortable with his bold proclamation of Romans 1:16.

rest: http://www.newswithviews.com/Daubenmire/dave266.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2012, 08:43:57 pm »

^^^

In this country we no longer “crown the good.” Because of our silence our culture has evolved to the point where we “crown the bad.” Tim Tebow is bad. Lady Gaga is good. Tim Tebow won’t be at the Super Bowl, but Madonna will.

Also to add - the cheaters(Patriots) and Nephilim(Giants) will be there as well, while New Orleans(Saints) won't. Oh well, at least it's being played in Indy, home of the Colts(the Rider on the White Horse, that is). AND...should Giants coach Tom Coughlin gets some good here? After all, he's one of the few elder coaches in the league currently, but gets despised quite a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2012, 04:20:18 pm »

Roll Eyes

Church To Pacquiao: Be Like Tim Tebow

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:50 amWritten by: Ben Maller

Manny Pacquiao might get his chance to knock out Floyd Mayweather, but apparently religious leaders in the Philippines would rather him go toe-to-toe with Tim Tebow.

"Tim Tebow became very popular by promoting the word of God," Bishop Pablo Virgilio David, who presides over the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines' (CBCP) bible ministry, told Agence France-Presse. "Some have referred to Manny Pacquiao as the Tim Tebow of the Philippines."
...(cont.)

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201201/boxings-biggest-star-asked-tebow
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2012, 08:34:03 am »

Tim Tebow Cancels Speech at Event Organized by Prosperity Gospel PreacherThe Story: Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow is canceling an appearance at a revival organized by prosperity gospel preacher Rod Parsley.

The Background: The year's most talked about Christian athlete was scheduled to speak at a three-day Columbus event in March led by televangelist Parsley. In a phone interview with the Associated Press, Tebow's brother Robbie said his brother's speakers' bureau hadn't researched the event before saying yes to the invitation.

"I know for a fact that Tim is not going to be a part of it," Robbie Tebow said. "That's being resolved."

Parsley pastors World Harvest Church in Columbus, Ohio, and heads up World Harvest Ministerial Alliance (WHMA). His church services and personal appearances are telecasted over TBN-TV and Daystar-TV in a program called Breakthrough. Along with his confusion about doctrines like the Trinity ('The Holy Ghost is no different than Jesus and Jesus is no different than the Holy Ghost. . ."), Parsley teaches that God wants believers to be wealthy. As the AP notes, last year Parsley asked followers to donate more than $1 million to ward off satanic attacks.

Why It Matters: The young quarterback understands that by speaking at the event he would be lending his credibility to men who preach a false gospel. By refusing to speak at the event, he may be able to signal to people unfamiliar with the prosperity gospel that those who believe in the true gospel should avoid publicly associating with these false teachers.

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/02/01/tim-tebow-cancels-speech-at-event-organized-by-prosperity-gospel-preacher/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2012, 01:39:26 pm »

Well, it seems there is SOME discernment in the Tebow household. Thank you Jesus.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2012, 04:30:37 pm »

^^^

Like I said in this thread, my feelings over Tebow are a mixed bag, however, like you said, GOOD for him for showing discernment here.

However, if let's say Rick Warren invites him to attend an Emergent Church event, and he says NO to this, THIS will be when he gets a big thumbs up(at least from me)!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2012, 10:11:03 pm »

Kilika, you probably heard the story recently over Josh Hamilton(TX Rangers player) who got his 2nd relapse into alcohol in 3 years. He's a former alcoholic who since became a born again believer.

Anyhow, here's my question - no, I don't want to discuss and get into detail over whether Hamilton is really a true born again(only God knows his heart), but what is THE test to see if someone indeed bears good fruit?(No, I'm not talking about false prophets in this case)

Yes, as Christians, we need to endure, have longsuffering, hold fast to the sound doctrine that we have learned, medidate on scripture day and night, praise the Lord constantly, etc. However, it's NOT like we're sinless either, otherwise we would be calling God a liar. So ultimately, if a former alcoholic turned born again Christian like Hamilton gets a relapse like this let's say once in a blue moon(no, NOT often that is), could he immediately repent and just continue to press forward? Or would you say in this case, it looks like Hamilton doesn't bear good fruit with his 2nd relapse in 3 years?

I know I'm a little mumble jumble here, but just some things to discuss about when we see these high profile born again believers that fall from grace like this. Yeah, Hamilton will likely suffer the consequences(looks like he won't get that long-term extension that's anticipated), but nonetheless it's not like he fell away falling for seducing spirits, doctrines of devils, and teachers with itching ears either.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2012, 03:33:02 am »

Jesus explains it all through Paul. That which we wan't to do, we can't seem to do it, and what we don't want to do, that is what we seem to do.

The difference is that a born-again believer is already saved, no matter how they may stumble in the flesh. That's the whole point of the Spirit, to save us from ourselves.

With Hamilton. the real question was he ever "born-again" in the first place? Don't know. But we still commit sin after being born-again.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2012, 09:46:58 pm »

Don't mean to detour this thread with Hamilton, but in general this thread discusses sports figures and their faith in Jesus Christ.

Anyhow, was reminded of something with Hamilton - not sure if he's in Alcoholics Anonymous, but speaking of AA, doesn't this "12 step therapy" SCREAM works-based?

Yes, I am aware that they serve pagan gods(of their choice), however, this whole "12 step method" in addition to "It's been [so many days, months, years] since I've had my last drink" is not only works-based, but ends up building up pride, focusing on yourself completely, boasts, puffs up yourself, the list goes on that scripture condemns.

Seriously, no, I'm not saying a former alcoholic turned born again Christian who ends up relapsing after being sober for a year or so is *ok per se*, but the way these AA groups are runned, they just give off messages that if you do end up tripping, then somehow it's over. But OTOH if you go for 10 years without a drink, then you deserve a big gold metal, and you're somehow better than the guy who went 30 days since his last drink? And then if you end up relapsing, somehow you are finished and should be kicked to the curb?

Again, I'm not saying it's ok for saved people who were once alcoholics to end up relapsing, but if they DO, didn't Jesus Christ say if you ask him for forgiveness, then He is faithful to cleanse you of your sins? Otherwise, if you claim to have no sin, then you are calling God a liar?(ie-it's as if the 10 year sober people do just that)

I mean this is my big problem with Churchianity of today - can't tell you how many "living with the consequences" messages they give out. It's as if not only they've bought into the rudiments of this world, but they want to make their images look as clean as possible to maintain their church buildings.

As for Hamilton - while I don't know him personally, MAYBE(and I'm just thinking out loud) God is allowing this to pull him out of MLB, so he can get away from all the pressure in there, so Hamilton could have more opportunities to serve the Lord? Not defending Hamilton, but over the last year has really been rough on him(ie-remember the story last season when he threw the ball in the stands, but didn't throw it far enough to where the fan that tried to catch it fell off and died. And then, of course, the Rangers were 1 strike away from a WS championship 3 times)

Pt being that this has happened to me numerous times in my saved life - 4 years ago I was let go at my place of employment, and I was very, very mad and sad at the time. However, the Lord has really opened my eyes over the last 4 years over alot of things(KJV, end times NWO, deception in Churchianity, and pretty much everything we've discussed on this board). Maybe I reaped what I sowed that got me fired then(people have done much worse and nothing happened to them, if you know what I mean), but again, it was done quietly, and the Lord didn't forsake me at all throughout all this. Again, I don't know if this is the case with Hamilton, but sometimes the Lord will allow things to happen b/c he wants to prevent you from certain situations and move you into better ones et al.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2012, 06:55:44 am »

Trying to do his best "Tebowing," Alec Baldwin got a bit of help on stage.

The host of "NFL Honors" on NBC was kneeling down when Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow stepped up and showed Baldwin how it's really done.

"Bless you, Tim," Baldwin responded.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/alec-baldwin-tebows-nbc

nuff said...
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2012, 12:47:49 pm »

Anyone watch the game last night? Thankfully, missed the halftime show, but apparently all the Illuminati symbolism REALLY went BLATANTLY over-the-top throughout it. And what is it with "the team that gets hot at the right time wins the whole thing" that's now become beaten to death in professional sports in recent years?

BTW - Cheaters LOST.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:11 pm »

Cheaters will always lose. Sorry Bill.

(Did you read about the guy they cut on saturday, the day before the game? Soley for a roster move, they prevented the guy from being in the Super Bowl. At least he wasn't on the losing team as it turns out, but still, he's thinking he's going and bang, he's out the day before! He had even had the Patriots logo carved into his hair!)

Yeah, I watched it, just to watch the Patriots lose.

Halftime was over the top. It kicked off with that jezebel riding on some kind of royal chair carried/pulled by a bunch to slave-looking guys all muscled up in egyptian like costumes. They did some really strange graphics on the field too which was new. Some kind of new projector technology stuff or something. Looked strange, and the images projected of course were all kinds of pagan/cult stuff.

The so-called "black mass" that some have called it was her and that guy Celo Green (pastor?) wearing black robes and the choir they had were in black too. They did real strange looking effects during that one.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2012, 04:46:47 pm »

In case you didn't see it, here's some images from the show. Check out the "World Peace" image of all those lights shaping a Phoenix bird. That's a projected image, not people holding candles or lights. It was strange how they did that. Looked weird.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/madonnas-superbowl-halftime-show-a-celebration-of-the-grand-priestess-of-the-music-industry/

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=227942.0;topicseen

quote from Madonna to Anderson Cooper...

“The Superbowl is kind of like the Holy of Holies in America. I’ll come at halfway of the “church experience” and I’m gonna have to deliver a sermon. It’ll have to be very impactful.”
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:57:32 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:33 pm »

^^^

Decided to watch 15 minutes of the 2000 Tom Hanks "Cast Away" movie on another channel instead(the one where he got stranded on an island for a couple of years). Not that I endorse Hollywood movies, but at least I learned something about FedEx, that it takes 87 hours to ship something from Moscow to the USA by them. Smiley

As for this halftime show being blatantly over-the-top? Guess I shouldn't be surprised, thanks for the links.

Anyhow, that's 3 SB rings for the Mannings, and the 2nd time in 5 years the Giants won the SB after beating Dallas in a "winner takes all" late in the year. Too bad Archie was stuck with poor teams in his career.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 03:33:26 pm »

I figure you 2 would get a kick out of this

‘Bradying’ Web Meme Mocks Patriots QB Tom Brady After Super Bowl Defeat

You know you’re having a bad week when:

After being hailed as perhaps the greatest quarterback of the current era, you get your team all the way to the Super Bowl only to ultimately fall short on a desperation Hail Mary throw in the last play of the game.
After losing the game, your gorgeous, gazillionaire, super model wife throws the rest of your team under the bus for the loss.
The picture of you sitting with your hands between your legs, humbled after the epic loss, becomes a web meme mocking your sorrow.
Let’s face it: It has not been a good week for Tom Brady. And while many New Yorkers will likely mutter “Good” when thinking about that, it seems like the hits are just going to keep on coming for the superstar athlete.

“Bradying” seems to be the latest meme to hit the internet. While “Bradying,” a subject is shown sitting on the floor, legs stretched out, with their hands folded between their legs. The head is bowed.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/bradying-web-meme-mocks-patriots-qb-tom-brady-after-super-bowl-defeat/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 03:57:52 pm »

I saw this pic on Yahoo yesterday - and no, I don't think he was "praying" per se... Roll Eyes

Or who knows? Maybe this pic was photoshopped - a month ago when Yahoo showed a picture of Rex Ryan and Brandon Jacobs jabbing at each other after the game, it looked like everything got "cut and pasted". So I guess nothing should surprise us.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2012, 04:06:24 pm »

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2012, 04:11:27 pm »

Yeah, I got a chuckle!

And no, I don't think he was praying. More like weeping, or sobbing.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: