End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 05:07:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

NWO/SJ establishment hyping Tim Tebow as a born-again Christian?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NWO/SJ establishment hyping Tim Tebow as a born-again Christian?  (Read 13484 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »

Tebow Bill May Help Home-School Students Play Football in Virginia: Fan Perspective

2/10/12

Home-schooled children in many states are allowed to participate in sporting events and teams through their local schools. However, this is not the case in Virginia and lawmakers are working to pass what they have called the "Tebow" bill.

This bill was named after Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow because, as a child, Tebow was home-schooled in Florida. Despite not attending his local high school, he was still allowed to try-out and participate in the school's football program.

There are currently 16 states in the country that allow home-schooled students to play sports through their local schools and Virginia is hoping to become the 17th state. As a parent who has tried home-schooling, I believe that this is fair and that children should be allowed to try-out at their local schools.

As parents of home-schooled children, you still pay the local taxes that support the schools and the sports programs, so there is no reason that your child should not be allowed to participate.

The "Tebow" bill passed the Virginia House on February 8th when delegates voted 59 to 39. The bill will now be sent to the Senate. Gov. Robert F. McDonnell has already stated that should the bill pass, he will sign it.

Opponents of the bill believe that it will hurt public schools and honestly, I can't understand that logic. Home-schooled children still live in the area and, if their parents chose not to home-school, would be attending these local schools. Their tax money is going to support these schools. How is allowing them to try out for a team and represent the school going to hurt the school?

If you really want to talk about hurting the local schools, maybe something needs to be passed where home-schooled parents no longer pay taxes to support the schools but rather pay to create a home-schooled fund. This way all home-schooled students in the state could come together and make their own team. The state estimates there are 32,000 home-schooled students in the state. Now, something like this would hurt the local schools. Letting them try out for sports would not.

Now, Virginia has been trying to get a similar bill passed since it was first introduced in 2005, but have not had any success. They are hoping that with the current Republican-controlled General Assembly they will be able to get it to go through. Of course, adding the name of the now famous QB Tim Tebow to the bill will probably work to its advantage as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10948660
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2012, 02:42:45 pm »

If you really want to talk about hurting the local schools, maybe something needs to be passed where home-schooled parents no longer pay taxes to support the schools

That should be the case in every state. I have no kids, so why am I paying taxes into the public school system? Even though I don't support the public school system, and is another reason I shouldn't have to pay, but I have no kids to send to those places. Add to that I don't want to support such a system either, yet I'm forced to through taxation on property that I believe shouldn't be continually taxed over and over. It's robbery by the state. The home I live in the county taxes as personal property, and they tax it every year, based on THEIR assesment of value. I can assure you what they ask is WAY too high, and the challenge process is not easy. Out of those taxes they are giving a portion to some technical school for what purpose I don't know, and of course most of it goes to the school district that covers my area, whether I like it or not. Thank you Jesus
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:14:56 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2012, 02:04:57 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/former-receiver-freddie-solomon-dies-011729267--spt.html

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Freddie Solomon, the former Miami Dolphins and 49ers wide receiver who became known as "Fabulous Freddie" and committed himself to community service, has died. He was 59.

On a personal experience note...

My first offical legal job where I drew a paycheck and all that was at a Shell gas station in Temple Terace Florida, right on the Hillsborough River. Nights and weekends, and being 16, I had coworkers with me, but one weekend night a guy pulled in to the full service. (yes full service!) I remember it because I was a car nut and knew cars, and still do, the older ones anyway, and it was a white Olds Cutlass, with white interior, and had a 49ers parking sticker on the front windshield, driver's side. I know it was there because full service involved washing the car's windshield. Couldn't miss it I don't think.

I didn't know who he was, but when I got his credit card and saw the name on it, I knew the name as I was a Dolphins fan. It was Freddie Solomon, at my gas station. The guy I was working with knew it was him because he had been in there several times before.

For what's it's worth. Interesting how close we can be to people that have all kinds of exposure worldwide, and how our experience with them could have influence on people all over the place, and at levels of society we wouldn't normally have any chance of influencing. That's how God works with His own. I believe that's part of the "be not forgetful to entertain strangers..."

God knows who all has read this forum. Or who we might meet as the Spirit moves us according to His will.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2012, 08:39:51 am »

^^^

Same here - FWIW, when I lived in New Orleans, at one time I lived right across the street from former House Speaker Bob Livingston's parents, and it was YEARS BEFORE both I and my parents realized it(Livingston was House Speaker in the late 90's for a brief time, until he got exposed for his infidelity, if you remember). It wasn't until I came home from a walk in the park when I saw Livingston myself walk into his parents' house.

There are other examples as well that I can't think of at the moment(ie-I believe there were former New Orleans Saints players that would frequent places where I used to work, even though I never saw them in person, and the football Manning family attended a church before I and my family started attended, which is when I would hear stories about them there).

I agree with what you said above - maybe Livingston isn't the greatest example here, but it's something how close we come to people that have exposure worldwide, even though we don't see them face to face.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2012, 10:56:34 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/where-tebow-lin-might-meet-guide-evangelical-york-163816080.html
3/26/12

When the New York Jets hired former Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow last week, they created a striking first: the two most talked-about Christian athletes in the U.S. now play in the city formerly called "Sodom on the Hudson."

New York has changed, however: it is no longer the old city of sin, or even the late 20th century town dominated by Catholics, Jews and WASPs that tended to look down its northern urban nose at conservative Protestants. Evangelical Christians are an ever bigger minority, whether as members of African-American or immigrant communities, young volunteers in the army of urban wannabes or proven pros moving straight into the various elites. The city is also becoming more accustomed to evangelicals' obligation to profess their beliefs. As Tony Carnes, the evangelical publisher of A Journey Through NYC Religions, an awesomely granular website on Gothamite houses of worship, puts it, New York is becoming a "postsecular city" where all groups, conservative Christians included, are at ease expressing the fullness of their faith -- or lack of it.

(MORE: Timsanity! Lin and Tebow Give Big Apple Evangelicals a Boost)

Like any other New York demographic, evangelicals are composed of various sub-subcultures, movers, shakers and scenes (although its "scenes" are often churches.) Assuming they're not already texting, where will the two poster boys run into each other? Here are some possibilities in the Christian slice of the Apple:

• Over dinner with the Rev. Michel Faulkner at Amy Ruth's soul-food restaurant on West 116th Street in Harlem. Founding chef Carl Redding felt called by God to open the eatery; he named it after his church-loving grandmother. Redding has since left, but the establishment, says Carnes, continues to "have that vibe," attracting Christian natives and tourists. It would be a convenient place to dine with the former Jet lineman Faulkner, a recent Republican candidate for the House of Representatives: he pastors the New Horizon Church 19 blocks north.

• At Redeemer Presbyterian Church's East 69th Street location. Carnes says Lin has friends who attend Redeemer, a magnet for conservative-Christian yuppies. The service there may be a bit "high church" (liturgically oriented) for Tebow, whose background is Southern Baptist. (If he's hunting for a church in the city, he might like the Journey, a multisite with a less formal service.) But the cool star power of Redeemer senior pastor the Rev. Timothy Keller, whose acute preaching, smart Christian apologetics and New York success have made him a national evangelical icon, should be enough to pull in both superstars, perhaps as early as the annual Hope for New York spring benefit on May 10.

• At Yankee Stadium, as guests of manager Joe Girardi, to watch the incomparable relief pitcher Mariano Rivera in one of his last appearances before he trades the mound for the pulpit. According to George McGovern, the team chapel leader for the Yanks, Rivera -- who intends to become a Pentecostal minister when his playing days are done -- follows soccer more closely than football or basketball, so the three-star summit would probably be brokered by Girardi, an avid Christian believer. McGovern says the coach "would definitely put those guys together -- he'd have fun with that stuff."

(PHOTOS: The New York Knicks' Jeremy Lin in Action)

• At a fundraiser for the charitable Allan Houston Legacy Foundation. Houston was the Knicks' star shooting guard for nine seasons and a lower-key Christian presence than point-guard teammate Charlie Ward. He is now the team's assistant to the president for basketball operations, which makes him one of Lin's bosses. His foundation's specialty is strengthening the bonds between fathers and sons, a very local concern compared with Tebow's building of a hospital in the Philippines. But Houston's involvement in a range of evangelical causes extends his reach beyond just Legacy.

• At a gathering of the the New Canaan Society, a kind of platinum-card Promise Keepers. The society started out as a fellowship group for a Goldman Sachs executive, who commuted from Connecticut, and seven of his friends. It now numbers some 700 men, most in finance. Plenty are sports fans, and they have the kind of pull to draw Tebow and Lin to a yearly retreat featuring, according to their website, "crazy relaxation, powerful spiritual growth and interconnectedness." Higher up the food chain, says McGovern, "there would be your high-end philanthropic guys" -- true plutocrats who have been known to "pull in celebrities from different teams and [Christian] musicians and actors."

• At the theater, at a fashion show or just about anywhere else. Beyond connections through church, Christian ministries or sports, the postsecular-city theory of New York suggests that Lin and Tebow could meet fellow believers all over. There are conservative Christians on Broadway and in a group called Models for Christ. The Museum for Biblical Art on West 61st Street in Manhattan, originally part of the American Bible Society, gets glowing reviews in secular newspapers and maintains a goal of "put[ting] scripture back into culture." If Lin and Tebow venture into town, in addition to having their lives broadened by contact with the city's millions of nonevangelicals, they would constantly encounter fellow believers to help them deepen their faith. And one of these, rather than some high-powered gathering, could bring them together.

(MORE: God and the NFL: What Tim Tebow's Celebrity Says About America)

SPECIAL NEW JERSEY TEBOW EDITION:

If, as Fox Sports has reported, the Jets want Tebow to live near their New Jersey practice facility rather than in Manhattan so he will not be "influenced and distracted in the city," he might end up at the Life Christian Church in West Orange: its pastor, ESPN reports, has already tweeted an invitation, alluding to other Jets who attend. But hopefully the QB will be allowed to scramble into the city with the same freedom he has had to roam outside the pocket.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:30:03 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2012, 04:53:36 pm »

It's still Sodom on the Hudson. What a cesspool.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

^^

Yep - nowdays, it seems like noone knows what being "conservative" means anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2012, 08:12:05 am »

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tim-tebow-insiders-worried-hollywood-may-be-downfall-040612

Will New York, LA eat up Tim Tebow?

Tim Tebow is currently the hottest property in sports and he is fast becoming an up-and-comer in Hollywood as well.

The New York Jet is signed to the sports division of leading Hollywood agency CAA, but some fear the Tinseltown-type attention could jeopardize his game and wholesome Christian image.

The NFL sensation was even turned into a superhero "Super Tim" by Marvel Comics last year and has been romantically linked to the likes of Taylor Swift and "Glee" star Dianna Agron.

All-in-all, Tebow is now considered a "No. 1 get" for Manhattan and LA party planners, insiders told FOXNews.com.

But with that, he has become prey for the paparazzi, with the Jets reportedly trying to curb the attention.

"The Jets are trying to limit his endorsements and off the field commitments to ensure his focus remains on the field. If it becomes distracting, it could affect the team," an insider told FOXNews.com.

"There is definitely jealously among players if one starts earning too much money off-the-field, and after Tiger Woods, all sponsors and endorsers are increasingly skeptical," the source alleged.

But another source close to the athlete shot down the rumors as being "not true," and said the team wasn't trying to limit Tebow's endorsements or social presence.

Regardless, California-based publicist and sportswriter Angie Meyer said Tebow's image could be tainted by Tinseltown if he doesn't keep a relatively low profile.

"Athletes who mingle in Hollywood tend to lose both reliability and credibility from teammates, coaches and often times, fans," she said.

"If Tim Tebow wishes to remain a Christian role model, he must keep a far distance from Hollywood and celebrity . . . he should stay out of the tabloids completely," she added.

Lindsay McCormick, Comcast SportsNet Reporter, pointed out that the New York market is a completely different animal to Denver or even Florida, where Tebow started his career.

"It does come with a new set of temptations and challenges, but as long as Tebow keeps his priorities in the right order and focuses on bettering himself at the game of football he will keep the public's interest," McCormick said
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2012, 04:30:58 pm »

GEORGETOWN, Texas (AP)—Tim Tebow drew a crowd of about 15,000 to an outdoor Easter church service Sunday, telling the gathering it’s important to be outspoken about faith while admonishing athletes about not being better role models.

In Christianity, it’s the Pope and Tebow right now,” Celebration Church pastor Joe Champion he said. “We didn’t have enough room to handle the Pope.”

Tebow—devout Christian, backup NFL quarterback and cultural phenomenon— has a flock of admirers drawn as much to his religious leanings as his Heisman Trophy skills.

Tebow told them he welcomed the attention on his convictions as well as the “Tebowing” prayer pose he often strikes on the field because it puts his faith and prayer in the public conversation.

“It’s being talked about,” he said. “That’s exciting.”

Some at the “Easter on the Hill” morning service under sunny skies about 20 miles north of Austin drove more 100 miles to hear Tebow speak. The service took on the feel of a rock concert with more than a 100 school buses shuttling people to the sprawling mega-church campus from local shopping centers and the nearby college.

The service was peppered with lively Christian rock songs and Tebow took the large stage to cheers from those who could see him while others toward the back watched on massive video screens. He sat for a 20-minute interview with Champion to talk about his faith and its role in his public life.

“It’s OK to be outspoken about your faith,” Tebow said.

He also took a shot at professional athletes who insist they are not role models.

“Yes you are. You’re just not a good one,” Tebow said.

Champion asked Tebow what he thought needed to change culturally in America.

“First and foremost is what this country was based on: one nation under God. The more that we can get back to that,” Tebow said to applause.

Although church officials had said they typically get their biggest crowds on Easter, Tebow was clearly the big draw Sunday. Several hundred started heading toward the exits after Tebow spoke, not waiting for Champion’s main Sunday sermon so they could avoid the 80-degree heat and beat the traffic.

Some couldn’t wait for the official 8 a.m. opening to the church grounds and showed up hours early.

Debbie Sandoval and her husband and two sons arrived before sunrise. They wore Tebow’s Jets jerseys and set up camp close the large soundstage with a row of chairs.

“I love that boy. … He’s like my third son,” said Sandoval, who is not a regular member of the church but wasn’t going to miss a chance to hear Tebow speak. A self-described “lifelong Broncos fan,” Sandoval said she became a Jets fan because of Tebow. The quarterback led the Broncos to the playoffs last season and was acquired by the Jets in a trade March 21.

“Everything about this young man’s extraordinary life is special,” Sandoval said.

Amanda O’Hara drove about 100 miles from San Antonio on Saturday and got to the church about 4:30 a.m. “to be one of the first ones here.”

“I only got about four hours sleep, I was so excited,” O’Hara said. “He doesn’t hide who he is. Parents should see him as a role model.”

The crow included people dressed in Easter bunny costumes and one person dressed as the Sesame Street character Elmo. About an hour before the service, Elmo dropped to a knee with a toddler boy to mimic Tebow’s prayer pose.

Media access to the event was tightly controlled inside the roped off field. Reporters and photographers were required to have an escort when walking through the crowd before the service. Television cameras were allowed to record only a portion of Tebow’s speech and no live video streaming of the service was permitted.

Church officials initially expected up to 20,000 and said Tebow’s appearance on Easter Sunday was coincidental. Church spokeswoman Tara Wall said it was Tebow who reached out to Champion with a request to appear and Sunday was the best date available.

Mike Benaglio and his wife, Debbie, sat on a blanket.

“I’m a fan of any pro athlete who stands up for his faith,” he said. “We’re thrilled to be part of this. It’s not about football. Whatever gets more people over to the cross, I’m in favor of.”
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »

I think this kind of stuff shows us how the public will be offered up a "savior" to fix all their problems. It's obvious that people are easily swayed by the latest promotion. If these kinds of things are any indication, the public is more than ready for somebody to step forward with the answers to all their problems.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2012, 07:51:42 pm »

CINCINNATI (AP) New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow is scheduled to visit two Christian universities in Ohio this week for a leadership forum and a discussion about ''faith and football.''

Recently traded to the Jets from Denver, Tebow is known for late-game heroics and his public assertions of Christian faith.

He's slated to appear Tuesday night as part of the forum at Ohio Christian University in Circleville in southeast Ohio. Then he'll head to southwest Ohio to speak to a packed house at Cincinnati Christian University on Wednesday.

Cincinnati Christian spokesman Steve Carr says about 2,000 people are expected to hear Tebow in a discussion and evening fundraising banquet. Huh Carr says donors covered the cost of bringing the Heisman Trophy winner to the school. Tebow's talks there aren't open to reporters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tebow-speak-cincinnati-christian-university-074559778--nfl.html;_ylt=Ago98WtVjMlWjCUQfJ08zmRDubYF

What is it with Christian ministries and leadership conferences nowdays?

Mar 9:35  And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Mar 10:31  But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

James_3:1  My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51:09 am »

Wonder when they will erect a statue of him and pray to it?

Tim Tebow to Draw 'a Lot' of Church Groups at Jets Practice

As the New York Jets ready for the start of summer practice, recently acquired player Tim Tebow may bring in large crowds for their day-to-day drills.
Church groups are apparently calling up officials at the State University of New York at Cortland, where the Jets will be holding their three training camps in four years.

Jim Dempsey of the Cortland County Convention and Visitors Bureau told local media that he had received several calls from groups interested in seeing Tebow.

"A couple months ago, I got a call from a church group, then another and I thought it was interesting, not groups we normally get calls from," said Dempsey in an interview with The New York Daily News.

"Right now, we have no way of knowing how many more groups will come because of Tim Tebow … But we expect a lot."

The expectation of a large crowd is to be expected, as events featuring the devout Christian football player have drawn throngs of people.

In April, Tebow delivered an Easter sermon at an outdoor service hosted by the Celebration Church in Georgetown, Texas, which featured over 15,000 guests.

Last month, Tebow spoke at a Father's Day event at the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, drawing an estimated 26,000 attendees.

Tebow got his start in the National Football League as a quarterback for the Denver Broncos. Tebow gained many headlines regarding his convictions and started a major pop culture craze with "Tebowing," which was the kneeling position he took when praying during the games.

Despite receiving criticism for his athletic abilities, Tebow would lead the Broncos to an AFC West title and an entry into the playoffs for the first time in six years.

In March, the Broncos signed Peyton Manning as their new lead quarterback, making Tebow available to other NFL teams, according to NY Jets writer Randy Lange.

"Among the teams reported to be interested in trading for the 6'3," 245-pounder from Florida, were the Jags, Packers and Dolphins," wrote Lange.

After some uncertainty, Tebow was drafted by the Jets. After the deal was finalized, Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum told media via conference call that Tebow is "a winner."

"This is an opportunity to add a dynamic playmaker and we're really excited about it," said Tannenbaum.

"Like any deal, you try find a landing spot. Sometimes you find it, sometimes you don't. This one took a lot longer than we thought it would but we feel really good about the results."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/a-lot-of-church-groups-may-go-to-jets-practice-to-see-tim-tebow-78348/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2012, 02:09:17 pm »

^^ Meh...even Tebow's and these Churchianity Groups' presences won't prevent another late season collapse by the Jets. J/k

With that being said - it's amazing how the modern-day "church" as a whole will just almost immediately rush to idolize men. No, not just Tebow, but ANY flavour-du-jour.(ie-at just about every church I've went to, the pastor will almost always speak highly of people like Tony Compalo, Thomas Merton, Rick Warren, Eugene Peterson, Bill Hybels, Billy Graham, etc without giving any thought to searching the scriptures)

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2012, 02:15:22 pm »

I think it just serves as proof of how ripe for the picking these people are for a charlatan, and the enemy knows it. The unbelieving are constantly searching for someone to look up to, to aspire to be like because they want to think they have worth in the flesh, that they are capable (the "Me" attitude of a work's doctrine), and are out to compare with others, and to "compete" against each other in vain carnal activities of the world. It's actually lusts of the flesh, and "the pride of life".

"Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual [gifts], seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church." 1 Corinthians 14:12 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2012, 02:13:13 pm »

Tebow celebrating 25th birthday with 'GQ' cover, shirtless photos...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/08/jets-tim-tebow-celebrating-25th-birthday-with-shirtless-gq-photos/1#.UCpTGJ1lRGA

NUFF SAID.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2012, 02:15:15 pm »

Yep, he should know better. +1
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2012, 02:34:38 am »

It seems the most devout of churchianity are the ones that fall the hardest. And yes, he should know better.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2012, 05:29:13 pm »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-honor-god-during-666th-monday-night-204318685--nfl.html

Tim Tebow to honor God during the 666th ‘Monday Night Football’ game

Tonight's "Monday Night Football" matchup bears the mark of the beast ‒ it's the 666th "Monday Night Football" game. However, Monday night's game also bears the presence of Tim Tebow, the backup quarterback who gives the glory to God and Jesus wherever he goes.

If it seems ridiculous to point out a connection between the number 666 and Tim Tebow, don't blame me. Blame Tebow. He did it on Twitter on Monday afternoon:

On paper, the game pits the 4-0 Houston Texans against the 2-2 New York Jets. Does it also pit Tim Tebow against Satan? I don't know. In a way, doesn't every minute of his life pit Tim Tebow against Satan? I don't know that, either. These are questions for religious scholars or possibly Merril Hoge.

Had it been left up to me, I'd have never pondered the relevance, or even known about the involvement of the number 666 in Monday night's game. It was Tebow who brought it to my attention. Maybe the subject would've held more interest for me if Tebow was likely to play very much, or if the sum of the numbers worn by the Texans defensive starters added up to 666.

Unfortunately, they don't. It's very close, but they don't. The sum of the numbers worn by the Texans starters on defense is 669. I can't believe I bothered to check that, but I did.

Now, if it were to happen that Shaun Cody couldn't start (he's listed as probable), and Earl Mitchell were to take his place, Cody's 95 would be replaced by Mitchell's 92, thus lowering the count by three and putting us right at 666. At which point everyone's television would immediately burst into flame.

Enjoy the game tonight. Hopefully ESPN can get the Pope in the booth to help break things down.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2012, 06:32:37 pm »

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2012, 10:33:48 pm »

You can't make this up!! Shocked Shocked

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--what-in-the-devil-is-keeping-jets-coach-rex-ryan-from-starting-tim-tebow-over-mark-sanchez--20121010.html

What in the devil is keeping Jets coach Rex Ryan from starting Tim Tebow over Mark Sanchez?

As the man standing between Tim Tebow and the New York Jets' starting quarterback job, Mark Sanchez is in a tough spot, at least in the eyes of those who suspect heavenly forces are perpetually working in the God-fearing backup's favor.

Mark Sanchez (L) and backup Tim Tebow during pregame warmups Monday night. (AP)After another precarious performance by Sanchez in a 23-17 defeat to the Houston Texans on Monday night, many devout Tebowites were left wondering what on earth could be keeping their hero from getting a shot.

They found their answer in a series of eerily profane numbers: Sanchez, who wears jersey No. 6, has six touchdown passes and six interceptions so far. He's averaging 6.6 yards per attempt, and his longest completion is 66 yards. His passer rating: 66.6.

Throw in a pregame tweet from Tebow noting that the Jets-Texans clash was the 666th Monday Night Football game, followed by the obligatory biblical passage, and the NFL might as well start printing Satanchez jerseys in green-and-white.

When such statistics are passed off as spiritually significant – as with Tebow's 316-yard passing performance for the Denver Broncos in last January's shocking playoff upset of the Pittsburgh Steelers, a number neatly matching his favorite Bible verse – my eyes tend to roll back in my head

more
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34:27 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2012, 03:57:37 pm »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-patents-tebowing-162924518--nfl.html

Tim Tebow trademarks ‘Tebowing’ Huh

Well, this is a new one -- the first time we're aware that a player in any sport has looked to slap a trademark on an on-field celebration. New York Jets quarterback/running back/marquee punt protector Tim Tebow might insist that his bow-down gesture, commonly known as "Tebowing," is more meaningful (and profitable) than a spike or sack dance, and he's set some legal effect behind that notion.

Tebow has trademarked Tebowing.

"I knew that this stuff that had been talked about, but I didn't know everything had gone through," he said on Friday. "I knew it was something that was cool for me in the past; but it's not something I do as Tebowing. It's something I do that's prayer for me and it got hyped as Tebowing. I think one, more to control how it's used as well. Make sure it's used in the right way.''

We can argue that the intention of prayer shouldn't be a copyrighted exercise, but Tebow's legal and business acolytes would clearly disagree. According to the New York Post, the trademark was filed by California attorney Anthony Keats, on behalf of XV Enterprises Limited, which is Tebow's marketing arm.

Yes, you may now insert jokes about how Tebow's marketing arm is far more effective than his throwing arm.

From a marketing perspective, we suppose Tebow has a point. There's been a flood of Tebowing-related merchandise on the market, and his representatives sent letters of protest after two different companies -- Tebowing.com and TebowingGear.com -- filed patent requests last year. This doesn't seem to be an attempt to stop people from Tebowing if they so choose; more an effort to insure that if somebody wants to put that particular gesture on a T-shirt and sell it, the proceeds go to its "inventor."

Moneychangers at the temple? Nah. We won't go there. We will wonder, however, if Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano will want a patent for the strategy of pulling your starting quarterback at the most inopportune time to run gimmick offenses that every NFL sees coming from a million miles away.

Or, perhaps Tebow will sue Sparano for restraint of trade, as his limited offense has given Tebow far fewer opportunities to show his stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2012, 12:05:04 pm »

The hatred for Tebow is just disgusting! No question it's about his faith and has nothing to do with his playing ability. I've seen this kind of attitude over at PPF towards Christians, saying the same basic ugly things.

I mean seriously, the team is a joke, and they have "several players and officials" who won't give their names saying this junk! ONE player actually gave his name. ONE.

Bunch of hateful cowards. No wonder the team is terrible. They have a bunch of idiots on the team....

(Basically, this is a hit piece on Christians)

How convienent that the author only names on eperson, and that person's commits are mild. The ugly stuff is by players the author says won't give their names in print. So how do you prove they said anyhting at all? The readers can't. They have to trust the author is telling the truth! Yeah right! I bet if one looked up this author's articles, he has many negative articles on Tebow.

Tim Tebow is ‘terrible’: Jets teammates, officials rip the heralded backup QB

By Jay Busbee | Shutdown Corner – 4 hours ago

The Tim Tebow faithful are going to have a tough time with this one: The New York Daily News has consulted more than a dozen of Tebow's Jets teammates and officials, and their assessment of The Chosen Quarterback is not a kind one.

One unnamed teammate whom the Daily News identified as a defensive starter was blunt: "He's terrible." Others were more nuanced, saying that Tebow has not shown significant growth in his skills since arriving in New York in March.

Here's the problem, though: the Jets are 3-6, a perpetual joke of a franchise, and so anyone that could possibly, maybe, potentially stem that avalanche is getting a look. But most Jets believe Tebow doesn't deserve that look.

Guard Matt Slauson, who actually had the stones to put his name to his comments, was unequivocal in his support of incumbent quarterback Mark Sanchez, saying the distance between him and backups Tebow and Greg McElroy is "not even close ... We don't really have a choice." Oh, and about those backups? "We have Greg ... and we have an athlete," Slauson told the Daily News.

[Dan Wetzel: Anonymous attacks and player polls in NFL must stop]

The Jets interviewed by the Daily News all played variations on the same tune: Tebow is a gimmick, a specialized-use quarterback, a Wildcatter who wouldn't be able to handle the game-long grind of the quarterback position. Granted, Tebow did have success in Denver, and he does bring those mysterious "intangibles" that somehow help teams to win games.

But anyone expecting Tebow to step into the starting role anytime soon might want to start saving their wishes for Christmas. "It would take extreme poor play [on the part of Sanchez] like a five-interception game" for Tebow to start, said an individual the Daily News termed "a prominent member of the organization." "Something where it was just ridiculous. It would take Mark to totally just [censored] the bed and become unglued."

[Week 11 Power Rankings: Texans take top spot]

Now, the usual caveats about anonymous sources apply here. In this case, anonymity seems less a need to protect one's job, and more a veil to express frustration over the Tebowmania that will not die. Still, until the Jets start winning with Sanchez, the calls for Tebow salvation will continue.

-Follow Jay Busbee on Twitter at @jaybusbee.-

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-terrible-unnamed-jets-teammate-tells-york-130832876--nfl.html

Here's another of Yahoo's Busbee on Tebow...(negative, negative, negative!)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tim-tebow-provides-the-jets-with-hope-but-not-salvation.html

...Tebow is a genuinely good guy, a team player, a motivator, exactly the sort of gentleman you'd want your daughter to marry. (Or you'd want for yourself, if you happen to be a single lady.) What he's not is a franchise savior. Sports writers can fawn over his "intangibles" and rationalize away his spot-welded mechanics while he stands on the sidelines, but here's the truth: There will come a day when Tebow fails, perhaps spectacularly, perhaps by a thousand small miscues. And on that day, all of the New York media's blissful puppy love will turn into snarling fury.

In some strange way, it would be better for the Jets to keep throwing Tebow on the bench, throwing him out there every so often like seasoning on a leathery steak. Maybe this week he'll play cornerback! Maybe he'll throw a pass to himself!

But what happens if he does start and he does fail, as his history suggests he will? There lies the darkest despair.

Jets fans should be happy with the hope, because there's no way the reality will match the dream.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:23:21 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2012, 01:06:24 pm »

Mark Sanchez stinks, but no mention of this? Injuries to Derrell Revis and Santonio Holmes haven't helped either.

And yes, I agree these are nothing but op-ed gossip columns(he said/she said) to paint Christians in a bad light. I've read many of these he said/she said but won't give our names away columns before, and they only stir up more debate than answers.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »

Well, Jets won and looked impressive today(as did Sanchez). They'll be playing the Pats(who'll be without Gronk) on Thurs night.

So if the Jets keep playing well, at least they'll keep quiet on Tebow(and their shots against Christianity) for awhile.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2012, 01:34:02 pm »

OK, I don't mean to put a sports topic here(and it's not about Tebow), however, speaking of War on the Family issues, this is a disturbing trend I see in professional sports in recent years...coaches, especially the ELDER coaches(whether HC, coordinators, or a position coach) are the ones that REALLY get demonized when things go wrong. It's as if the whining and complaining players are the ones that get all the sympathetic spotlight, while the elder coaches are the ones that get labeled "control freaks", "hard to communicate with", "too conservative", "restrict freedom", etc.

It's not so much these players are overpaid, but they are NOT in charge of the team, plain and simple - if they want to learn, and grow, they need to learn from their bosses. Not that they should blindly follow them 100%, per se, but again, if they think they're their own bosses, they are sorely deceived. And ultimately, the MSM is sending a very bad message to the youth of today to war against our authority figures like our parents.

And almost every time they make these changes, it seems like the new guy is worse than the previous guy. Sound familiar with elections over the last decade or so?

Keeping QB Joe Flacco happy meant the Ravens had to get rid of coordinator Cam Cameron
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--keeping-qb-joe-flacco-happy-meant-the-ravens-had-to-get-rid-of-coordinator-cam-cameron-180838938.html
Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh fired offensive coordinator Cam Cameron on Monday following a 31-28 overtime loss to the Washington Redskins on Sunday. Whereas Jim made a seemingly abrupt call to replace starting quarterback Alex Smith with the inexperienced Colin Kaepernick, John's decision was an accumulation of personal issues between Cameron, quarterback Joe Flacco and the rest of the coaching staff, team sources have indicated.

In short, Cameron is a control freak. He has been for years. Ask people who were in Miami when he served as Dolphins head coach for just one season (2007) and you'll hear stories about how it was actually easier for people in the building to deal with Nick Saban than Cameron.

That is why, despite a pretty reasonable performance by Baltimore's offense against Washington, this move had to be made. Whether that was now or in the offseason, the Ravens were going to have to divorce themselves of Cameron if they eventually wanted to keep Flacco happy.

<snip>

Subbing in Jim Caldwell, the low-key former quarterback coach to Peyton Manning and eventual Colts head coach, was a terrific first move. While Caldwell is just as smart as Cameron, one of Caldwell's best qualities is that he doesn't crave attention. Caldwell is a facilitator of other people's success. He knows when to interject himself and when to back away.

By contrast, Cameron is like the Advanced Placement high school teacher who wants to show everybody how smart he is every day. He's also overtly religious and comes off as a preacher at times, rather than a compatriot.

Did you read that last sentence above? Dunno, but sounds like a shot against Christianity to me.

James 3:1  My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

1Peter 2:18  Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
1Pe 2:19  For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
1Pe 2:20  For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2012, 02:13:00 am »

Cowboys are looking into putting lockout devices on player's cars!

There is no way the players union would allow that. It isn't even constitutional to monitor a person that hasn't been convicted of anything. This is more stupid conditioning of the public to make them think companies can do these things.

It's a legal joke at best.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201212/cowboys-considering-use-device-which-would-immobilize-players-cars

Calvin Hill, a consultant for the Cowboys, spoke with Jarrett Bell of USA Today before Sunday's game between Dallas and Cincinnati. One option Hill said the team is looking into is the use of a small electronic device called 'SafeKey' which tests a player's impairment. If it is determined that the player cannot drive, the device will immobilize the player's vehicle.

"We are considering that," Hill told Bell.

However Bell notes that there is still a potential hurdle for the Cowboys in the form of the NFL Players Association:

"It is unclear whether the NFL Players Association would sign off on allowing teams to mandate such a measure for players," Bell writes.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 02:29:07 pm »

This story is getting stranger by the minute...first an eyewitness says she tried to urge him to rescue his teammate(Brown) stuck in the car, only for him to be passive and unresponsive, and now this?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121213-josh-brent-s-blood-alcohol-level-more-than-double-legal-limit-during-crash.ece

12/13/12

Josh Brent's blood alcohol level more than double legal limit during crash

Dallas Cowboys lineman Joshua Brent had a blood alcohol level of more than twice the legal limit when he crashed his 2007 Mercedes early Saturday, killing his best friend and teammate, Jerry Brown Jr., a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said Wednesday.

Brent, 25, has been charged with intoxication manslaughter and is free on $500,000 bond. The third-year nose tackle has been placed on the reserve/non-football illness list.

A spokesman for the Irving Police Department said Wednesday that investigators may present the evidence they have in the case to the Dallas County district attorney’s office as soon as Thursday.

Irving police, who are not commenting on the case, have previously said that the 321-pound Brent failed field sobriety tests immediately after the deadly crash. He refused a breathalyzer test but because his wreck resulted in a death, authorities could draw his blood against his will. Brent’s blood alcohol level was reportedly 0.18.

According to one online blood alcohol content calculator, a person Brent’s size would have to drink about 20 shots over a four-hour period to reach that blood alcohol level.

“That’s just a lot of alcohol,” said Richard Alpert, a veteran prosecutor with the Tarrant County district attorney’s office and the leading national authority on drunken driving prosecution. “The real story now is where he was drinking. So we’d be following his credit card trail, we’d be checking social media to see where or if anyone was posting about his drinking.”

The maximum sentence for his charge is 20 years.

Debbie Denmon, a spokesman for the Dallas County district attorney’s office, confirmed prosecutors are awaiting the file from Irving before proceeding with the case. She also voiced annoyance at the very public way Brent’s high-profile attorney, George Milner, has discussed the case.

“It appears this case is being tried in the media,” Denmon said. “They’re trying to paint him [Brent] as a victim and as tragic as this case is for so many people, the bottom line is that there is only one victim here and he’s dead.”

The defense attorney

Milner, who has said he did not know Brent before being hired, picked the player up at the Irving Jail on Sunday as TV cameras rolled and spoke to the media briefly then. On Tuesday evening, he called a hasty news conference in which he read a two-page statement bashing a post-crash witness who had been critical of his client.

Milner said he’s not concerned about looking good for the media, just fairness for his client.

“All I’m trying to do is present the truth,” Milner said late Wednesday. “I simply want him to be judged by the true facts. Not by people saying things that are not true and not by people with ulterior motives. He really is a good guy.”

In February, Milner’s actions in his representation of County Court Judge Julia Hayes drew the scrutiny of the district attorney’s office. Hayes held an assistant Dallas County prosecutor in contempt of court, and when the office opened a grand jury investigation into the matter, prosecutors say Milner went on TV and showed a grand jury subpoena. By law, all actions involving the workings of a grand jury are secret.

“The office has focused on maintaining integrity in grand jury proceedings and raised questions about whether his appearance on television speaking about grand jury matters violated the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure,” said Russell Wilson, who oversees the appellate and conviction integrity units of the district attorney’s office.

“Generally, lawyers who we believe violated the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure when it comes to grand jury proceedings are not allowed to appear with their client before a grand jury in future proceedings,” he said.

That stance could be significant if Brent or Milner wanted to appear before a grand jury in support of the player’s case. Because the Brent case is pending, however, Wilson would not say whether the district attorney’s office would block Milner or any other defense lawyer from appearing before the grand jury.

Milner flatly denied showing the subpoena. “I have seen the subpoena, I’ve read the subpoena. I am certain at some point I had it in my hands, but the bottom line is I never showed it to anyone in the media or anyone else,” he said.

‘He’s up against it’

Alpert said the strong evidence against Brent is likely why Milner is trying to soften the image of his client by “grandstanding” with all of his public moves.

“He knows he’s up against it, and it looks like to me he’s playing this public relations game,” said Alpert, who said he’s tried cases against Milner before. “You’ve got a mandatory blood draw . . . no doubt about him driving; it’s going to be a very hard case for him to win.”

Alpert said that instead of helping Brent, Milner’s tactics could serve as motivation for the prosecution.

“It’s the equivalent of like in the Super Bowl, the quarterback of one team going on TV and saying, ‘We’re going to win by 7,’” he said. “What does that do? Fire up the other team, right?”

“If I was trying this case,” Alpert said, “I’d already have my partner picked, I’d have an investigator working on it, I’d have been to the scene already. We’d be high-speed on this because the bottom line is we want to make him eat every word he said.”

Milner hinted that he’d be ready for a courtroom battle if it comes to that. He said that he was not aware of the results of the blood alcohol tests, but offered a different perspective on what they might say.

“If it was 0.18, then the question would be what was it at the time he was operating the motor vehicle?” Milner said. “Alcohol in your stomach doesn’t impair you in any way. But it takes time to absorb into the blood stream. So if you have someone who just left a club and recently had a drink, their blood alcohol level will continue to rise over a period of some hours later.”

Also Wednesday, WFAA-TV obtained a police affidavit from a third witness who arrived at the scene shortly after Brent’s car flipped over and caught fire on a State Highway 114 service road near the old Texas Stadium site.

Bill Gray told police he was driving home on the main highway when he saw the car “sliding on its roof as it was coming to a stop.” He pulled over and called 911, but could not reach the wreck because two chain-link fences and two railroad tracks stood in the way.

Gray said he saw a disoriented Brent get out of the car and begin yelling for help. Brent pulled the passenger out of the car by his feet “just prior to the police arriving,” he said.

Milner said Wednesday, “The injuries to his head would suggest he was not alive, or could not possibly have called for help,” but added that he’d been told the first officer on the scene found that Brown had “a very light pulse.”

Two other witnesses previously told The Dallas Morning News and WFAA-TV that they heard Brown make sounds from inside the burning car. One witness said she begged Brent to save Brown. But Gray told police, “The only voices coming from the accident site was Mr. Brent,” according to the affidavit.

In an interview with The News Wednesday, Gray said he could hear the car fire popping and crackling. “It’s possible there were moans and groans, but from 40 feet away I couldn’t hear them.”

Staff writer Melissa Repko contributed to this report.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2013, 02:33:48 pm »

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2013/02/14/tim-tebow-to-speak-at-controversial-dallas-megachurch/

2/14/13

Tim Tebow to speak at controversial Dallas megachurch

2/14/13

It seems that lately Tim Tebow has been making more speaking appearances in church than he has quarterback appearances in NFL games. Tebow made headlines with his Easter address in Georgetown, Texas in April, and his talk at a Scottsdale, AZ church earlier this month. And now he’s got another gig at a megachurch in Dallas, only this one comes with a large helping of controversy.

Tebow has a speaking engagement on April 28 at First Baptist Dallas, according to the church’s website. That’s the church led by pastor Robert Jeffress, a controversial evangelical Christian who has made quite a name for himself by referring to other religions as “heretical”, and that re-electing Obama would lead to the “rise of the anti-Christ.”

From the Huffington Post:
On the eve of the presidential election in November 2012, Jeffress warned his Dallas congregation that President Barack Obama’s re-election would “lead to the rise of the Antichrist,” according to The Christian Post.

Jeffress also gained notoriety for his statements about the gay community. According to ThinkProgress, during the same speech where he endorsed Rick Perry in 2011, Jeffress told a crowd at the high-profile Values Voters Summit that gays should not be allowed in the military because “Seventy percent of the gay population” has AIDS.

Is Tebow’s appearance at First Baptist Dallas an ipso facto endorsement of Jeffress’ views? Not necessarily. He could be there to debate him. Or perhaps it’s a secular arts & crafts presentation. Look, work with me here, OK?

I prefer to think of Tebow as someone who saw the word “megachurch” and got excited about speaking to a lot of like-minded people, and just forgot to do his due diligence on the guy in charge. Remember Tim, Google can be your friend.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »

Well, if there's anything controversial about Robert Jeffress' church, it's a member of Bill Hybels' Willow Creek Association Church(he's doing the same thing as Rick Warren's Purpose Driven movement).

http://www.willowcreek.com/membership/locator_mem.aspx?zipcode=Dallas,%20Texas&miles=30

First Baptist Church Dallas            Dallas, TX
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: