End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 12:44:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

NWO/SJ establishment hyping Tim Tebow as a born-again Christian?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NWO/SJ establishment hyping Tim Tebow as a born-again Christian?  (Read 13440 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 11:52:51 pm »

Well, one, Tebow nor any other Christian has no business being on Sean Hannity or any other MSM show, and two, I was disappointed in this interview b/c he glorified himself quite a bit, and didn't give Christ the glory at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMK1wNLxYPE&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2011, 11:54:42 pm »

Huh Well, this isn't good...

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/muslin-fans-leading-tebow-bandwagon

Muslim Fans Put Up Famous Tebow Billboard

You might remember hearing about the "Play Tebow" billboard that appeared in Denver back in September. Now you'll hear the rest of the story.

Tariq, Ali, and Mohammad Suleimans, three Muslim brothers from Denver, are responsible for placing that massive electronic signboard up urging the Broncos to start Tim Tebow at quarterback. Tebow, as most fans know, is a devout Christian who prays so visibly during games that his kneeling worship -- "Tebowing" -- has become a national craze.

Mohammad Suleiman, 26, became aware of failed efforts to raise funds to put up a billboard supporting Tebow's increased role. Unlike other Broncos fans, Mohammad had the connections to make it happen.

He and his brothers all work at Multiline International Imports, which operates a large digital billboard above Interstate 25, a Hail Mary pass away from the Broncos' stadium. The brothers regularly posted digital messages advertising the store's sales and specials.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 03:46:55 am »

The Hannity interview is part of promoting his book. He doesn't have much say where his publicists send him if he wants to continue playing in that world. Being a product of churchianity, he's just doing what he's been taught. They don't seem to remember what Jesus said about doing alms in secret, etc., so they openly boast of their "good works". That's where we as Christians run into a decision time. Trying to live in that world AND stay in the Spirit just doesn't work long term. We can't serve two masters.

While we are exhorted to use this world and not abuse it, I do believe at some point we are confronted with a decision between our faith and the world.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 08:23:52 am »

Tim Tebow's Memoir Outsells Rob Bell's Controversial 'Love Wins' in 2011

http://www.christianpost.com/news/tim-tebows-memoir-outsells-rob-bells-controversial-love-wins-in-2011-65564/

Roll Eyes seriously? a memoir? what is he like 21 maybe? What has he done in his life? he is made by the media, and a story from his mom and thats it. A memoir dear Lord...
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 12:34:00 pm »

He's actually done a lot in his life! A lot more than most so called Christians. It may be based on works, but at least the guy has made an effort, and that is saying something with him being so young. How many 24 year olds have built a hospital in a poor country? His is. Does that make him any better? Nope, but it shows he isn't all talk.

Memoir is not exactly the most appropriate word for his book! It's a book about his life so far, bug deal. And he's actually 24 now (August 14, 1987).

And considering all that he has been through because of the media, he has the near perfect stage to say something, so yeah, what's wrong with a book? It's not like it's being promoted as his life's work! Come on Mark, lighten up. There is far more problamatic "Christians" out there besides him. And I think it's a good idea now because he may not make it in the NFL when it's all said and done. Might as well grab the attention while he can.

We can sit here and complain about all kinds of alleged Christians, but what does that accomplish? Nothing. What we can do is use this as a learning experience by learning how he is out of line doctrinally when compared to scripture, and point it out.

But NONE of us are perfect in our walk. We cannot forget that. Afterall, we do have brethren that are in the world...

8   Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 
9   Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 
1 Peter 5:8,9 (KJB)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:38:39 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 12:51:23 pm »

I work with a guy that went over to Africa and built a school. With all of his money I’m sure he could do more? Look i see this guy as a media creation to be used against Christians. Just look at how Jeff Gordon was used? Sorry but this guy hasn’t done anything but football in his short life. He is an over paid sports guy with a gimmick. That’s how i see it and as more and more stuff comes out it just reaffirms what i see. Sorry.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 01:19:09 pm »

I don't see any need for apology. But I do hear ya. The one problem is that it seems you don't believe Tebow is really a Christian, or you believe this is a recent anomoly created by the media?

Mark, I can tell you point blank the guy is NOT a creation of the media.

If anybody is using anybody, it is Tebow using the media as a pulpit. He's playing them Mark, how can you not see it? He's using his popularity for what he thinks is a good thing, to minster how he has been taught by his parents all his life. He was born into this. It's not some recent media exercise in hero creation. That's just silly. Read up on his life, try that spirit a little more. Your letting the hype get to you.

That is what's so interesting about this guy to many people. He really is the real deal. Has been all his life, and that is a fact. This is how the guy is, like it or not. Which I think is refreshing from the plastic phony preachers that are out there.

What gets people is that he actually walks the walk, and not just talks a good game, added to that he is one of the best football players to come out in a LONG time, and has potential for being one of the best ever. THAT gets the world's attention because they can relate to physical carnal feats, and that is exactly what he wants, the world's attention so he can mention his religion. Is it right how he's going about it? Not really, as the Spirit is who teaches us, not man, but it's far more edifying walk than so many out there, and even the unbelieving public are seeing it and taking notice.

Jeff Gordon? Really? I'll be honest, one of the liberties I take is watching NSCAR, and I know Gordon. Why bring that guy up? He wasn't used. Where do you get that from? The racing public either loved him or hated him because he was SO dominate early in his career. And they had some issues with his mention of being Christian, but the big beef with him was that he was such, and still is, such a sissy boy in a "man's world" of racing, maybe even a little light in the loafers! They need to take a second look at Kasey Kane! But that's another story!

Seriously, Gordon is a bad reference. He wasn't used, his winning drew the attention. He's always been really soft spoken and not at all loud kind of person, and definately not an outspoken Christian. People hated him winning. People do it to every winner. The haters love to tear down people who have success. And they hated that stupid little mustache he wore early on because of Dale Sr., who he was now beating him and people didn't like this new kid beating their hero.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 01:52:24 pm »

Mark, I can tell you point blank the guy is NOT a creation of the media.

do you know him?

and i think Gordon is a good example, as the media was pumping him up for his Christian values. Not like Tebow, but close enough. I do remember all those great commercials promoting him as a Christian, especially the power for living book. and the whole time he was cheating on his wife, being a drunkard and what not.

Im not saying Tebow is doing any of that, what I am saying is that once he falls off his horse the media is going to pounce on it. And what about all the OTHER Christians in the NFL that do not do tebowing? Guess Jesus doesnt like them. Do you see where im coming from now? I see Tebow and his stunts just like a Pharisee on a corner crying to God ripping his clothes and covering himself with ash. Like Newt...
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 02:33:50 pm »

No, not personally. And I do generally get what your saying.

What I am saying is that he has been acting like this all his life, according to all reports of him in football, since at least high school.

What you may be missing is that he has been under the microscope as an athlete for years before the NFL and all the hype. He's been a known top performer this whole time. It's not like he suddenly got on a good Florida team and fell into 2 National Championships! The guy has been dominating football his whole career, and he has been an outspoken animated Christian his whole career too.

It's  the media that is making a big deal of him now because he manages to win games, and truth be told, it's about now he's a pro and fair game, but he was in college where only certan things could be said and done as a college athlete. And the media had rules to follow then too, as with all college athletes, so the media treats college players different than pros.

The media doesn't focus on losers. And when he loses games and is not winning, the focus will turn elswhere as it always does in that world. It remains to be seen how he will handle himself, so we canot make predictions in that regard. God willing, he'll get more edifying and with his wealth remember the poor both spiritually and carnally.

Sure the media is playing the situation, and the unbelieving are taking their pop shots. It's expected in the world. And what does Jesus tell us about us being in the world, that we will have tribulation. But Jesus is calling us OUT of the world, and Jesus is calling Tim Tebow out too.

I think it unfair to call it "his stunts". That suggests he has some kind of less than genuine intent in his actions. I have seen no indications the kid isn't sincere in what he's doing. It may be incorrect doctrinally, but I believe he's sincere. Hardly a stunt. If nothing else, that's not the best choice of a word to use.

Yes, it is the same as the Pharisee standing in the street corners. True, but every person who makes a public display of worship is guilty of that. We are all guilty of it, right? All we can do as brethren is exhort him to follow the Word in looking to a more edifying way of doing things. I think that's lifting one up.

As for Gordon, I never really looked at him as a Christian, so no big deal.

True, the media will pounce, we should expect it, because he WILL fall in some way, he won't continue to win, so we shall see.

Others in part aren't as open simply because of the pressure that comes with it, just like Tebow is experiencing with the haters. They choose to take a more humble position with their faith. That is their choice. Some think it will be better for their pro career if they aren't so open about their faith, as the NFL has a history of making life for open Christians miserable and short-lived. But how is what Tebow does different than the big prayer huddle at mid field at the end of games by those same players your referring to? It's not.

We must be careful we don't drift from observing doctrinal points to judging another man's servant.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 02:29:19 am »

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/tebow-was-fined-famous-billboard

Tebow Was Fined For Famous Billboard
Friday, December 30, 2011 1:04 pmWritten by: Ben Maller

You might remember hearing about the "Play Tebow" billboard that appeared in Denver back in September. Now you'll hear the rest of the story.

Jeff Darlington of NFL Network reports that four days after the billboard went up, Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow was fined by teammates including Kyle Orton for not publicly scolding the sign-makers.

The fines mounted for six days until Broncos coach John Fox replaced Orton with Tebow as the starter, and the sign came down.

The fine was never paid. And now Orton returns to the scene of the crime on Sunday to face Tebow as Chiefs quarterback.

So who put up the billboard?

Tariq, Ali, and Mohammad Suleimans, three Muslim brothers from Denver, are responsible. Tebow, as most fans know, is a devout Christian who prays so visibly during games that his kneeling worship -- "Tebowing" -- has become a national craze.

Mohammad Suleiman, 26, became aware of failed efforts to raise funds to put up a billboard supporting Tebow's increased role. Unlike other Broncos fans, Mohammad had the connections to make it happen.
(cont.)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 09:06:11 am »

Wow...this is pretty bizarre...
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 10:55:14 pm »

Well, at least the Broncos are in the playoffs. Conventional wisdom says the Steelers are a lock to win(largely b/c Lebeau's D will give Tebow nightmares). HOWEVER, the loss of Steelers's RB Rashard Mendenhall could even the playing field.

In the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen. The Patriots may be the #1 seed, but they have the lowest ranked defense. Baltimore hasn't been very consistent despite being the #2 seed. Overall, the playing field in both conferences are even.

It could be worse for the Broncos, look at the Dallas Cowboys - they've went through yet another Dec collapse. And this despite a coach that works them hard in practice and disciplines them hard(unlike the previous coach, which lead to his firing last year).

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:09 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2012, 02:33:42 am »

Indeed!

Part of Tebow's problem is the change to his throwing because they are convinced he couldn't throw in the NFL. To be honest, I have never, that I can remember, seen such a fuss being made over a quarterback that can't throw! Why was he even drafted if his throwing is so bad? Well, it's definately bad now. He wasn't this bad in college. In fact he was pretty accurate. Now he's terrible and I really think it's this bad because of them messing with him and his motion.

Add to that the coaching staff are just as bad, and then on top of that the team has had several starters injured, especially their defensive backs where they are playing pretty much rookies.

Seeing the game was blacked out here because of the stupid Cardinals game was on at the same time so they wouldn't show it, and showed paid advertising infomercials instead if you can believe it, I didn't get to see the game, but I'm really getting to the point where I think the staff is making him look bad with play selection, as strange as that sounds. I think they've got into his head about the throwing because there is no way he's that bad. No way.

And get him some receivers that can run routes and actually catch a football!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2012, 08:01:15 am »

Indeed!

Part of Tebow's problem is the change to his throwing because they are convinced he couldn't throw in the NFL. To be honest, I have never, that I can remember, seen such a fuss being made over a quarterback that can't throw! Why was he even drafted if his throwing is so bad? Well, it's definately bad now. He wasn't this bad in college. In fact he was pretty accurate. Now he's terrible and I really think it's this bad because of them messing with him and his motion.

Add to that the coaching staff are just as bad, and then on top of that the team has had several starters injured, especially their defensive backs where they are playing pretty much rookies.

Seeing the game was blacked out here because of the stupid Cardinals game was on at the same time so they wouldn't show it, and showed paid advertising infomercials instead if you can believe it, I didn't get to see the game, but I'm really getting to the point where I think the staff is making him look bad with play selection, as strange as that sounds. I think they've got into his head about the throwing because there is no way he's that bad. No way.

And get him some receivers that can run routes and actually catch a football!

Tebow is only in his 1st year as a starter - he's experiencing the same problems Tony Romo had in his first year in 2006(being a consistent pocket passer - like Tebow, he's at his best when he's scrambling out of the pocket). Of course, Romo despite having emerged as one of the NFL's best, can't win in Dec(but that's a completely different story). But again, Tebow is a young player, and he should get this fixed as he progresses like Romo did. This isn't a coaching staff problem at all.(even though Fox is a defensive minded coach)

As for you getting the Cardinals market...before I moved out of New Orleans in 2006, the Saints were consistently an inconsistent-to-very bad team...I too had to go through watching their games most of the time while blacking out all the other marquee games for years.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 11:04:54 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/michele-bachmann-rick-perry-compete-tim-tebow-vote-031316975.html

Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry compete for the Tim Tebow vote: Scenes from the caucuses

1/02/12

DES MOINES, Iowa--He's mentioned during the presidential candidates' speeches. His image appears in their political ads. Is Tim Tebow the new Ronald Reagan?

What does a young NFL quarterback have to do with politics? Nothing, really. But the born-again athlete's star power and popularity have prompted several of the presidential candidates to try to hook themselves to his star.

A political action committee supporting Bachmann is the latest to get in on the Tebow comparison, running TV ads in Iowa that liken her to the 24-year-old born-again Christian.

The announcer in the ad, paid for by a super PAC called No Compromise, says that the establishment "loves to hate" Tebow, but notes he has "no baggage," keeps fighting and keeps winning, before adding, "The same could be said of Michele Bachmann: no baggage, Christian, and like Tebow, she keeps fighting and she just keeps winning votes."

But Bachmann has competition for her claim to being the Tebow of the Iowa caucuses.

Rick Perry, at the last presidential debate in Sioux City, Iowa, on Dec. 15, said the following:

There are a lot of folks that said Tim Tebow wasn't going to be a very good NFL quarterback. There are people that stood up and said, 'Well, he doesn't have the right throwing, uh, mechanisms, or he's not playing the game right.' And he won two national championships, and that looked pretty good. We were the national champions in job creation back in Texas. And so, am I ready for the next level? Let me tell you, I hope I am the Tim Tebow of the Iowa caucuses

So far, if polls are to be believed, Bachmann and Perry are going to need some last-minute, Tebow Time heroics to pull off a surprise victory on Tuesday night.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2012, 07:13:03 pm »

What a game, and what an ending in OT! Who would have thought the only upset of the WC weekend was Denver over Pitt?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 07:20:58 pm »

didnt see that coming
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 11:41:57 pm »

Also, Tebow threw for 316 yards today. Yes, 3:16 yards! Coincidence maybe, or not?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2012, 02:24:02 am »

Yeah, what can you say except Wow.

Nobody saw that coming, even though the potential was there. Just when everybody thinks he really can't throw, he tosses over 300 yards and 2 touchdowns. The most this year against Pittsburg I think. 10-21 316 2 TD's and 0 interceptions and 0 fumbles. Oh, and he ran for another score.

To be honest, the Steelers were prime for the picking. The injuries was too much for them to overcome. The starting QB hobbled and not really mobile, the starting center out, (who was Tebow's center in college, Pouncey). Then they lost their lead tackler and a couple others AND their lead running back. THEN, during the game they had two linemen go down. It ended up they had a lot of injuries.

Added to that Tebow was on. Yeah, he missed a couple passes that looked bad, but when you look at them again and pay attention to where he threw it, you can see he threw it where it needed to go, though a little off target a couple times. But he got the pass blocking he hasn't had the last 3 weeks, and they seemed to have turned him loose a little and let him make plays, which is the type player he is. Just cut him lose and let him work.

And that touchdown to win he couldn't have put that ball much better, hitting the receiver on a dead run across the middle. Of all plays to win, it was a 80 yard touchdown pass! Go figure.

I have my doubts about next week, but they showed they can do it, and Tebow showed he can pass when needed. A little more time, and he will be throwing as good as any. And that doesn't bode well for other teams, once he starts getting a passing game going!

It is interestng that the two guys that burned the Steelers were the two guys that were drafted by the guy who went to New England! Next week is their first game against each other since he left Denver.

But what needs pointing out is how Denver's defense has played. Yeah, they gave up some points to New England, but all in all they have been holding teams within reach. Crocker had a great game and a couple huge plays.

Coincidence? Well, Denver could have lost the overtime coin toss. Tebow could have thrown an interception to lose too. All kinds of things could have gone against Denver. But Denver won. That is football. NEXT!

"thy will be done..."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:35:44 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 04:54:21 am »

I along with just about every other football watcher, was still looking forward to see the new overtime rules in play.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 05:12:18 am »

Cheesy Well, maybe next time!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 07:44:08 am »

I have my doubts about next week, but they showed they can do it, and Tebow showed he can pass when needed. A little more time, and he will be throwing as good as any. And that doesn't bode well for other teams, once he starts getting a passing game going!

It is interestng that the two guys that burned the Steelers were the two guys that were drafted by the guy who went to New England! Next week is their first game against each other since he left Denver.

But what needs pointing out is how Denver's defense has played. Yeah, they gave up some points to New England, but all in all they have been holding teams within reach. Crocker had a great game and a couple huge plays.

Coincidence? Well, Denver could have lost the overtime coin toss. Tebow could have thrown an interception to lose too. All kinds of things could have gone against Denver. But Denver won. That is football. NEXT!

Josh McDaniels - not one of Belichick's former assistants have ever been successful as a HC. Walsh and Parcells OTOH have had a nice successful coaching tree.

As for the rest of the playoffs - New Orleans doesn't play well on the road(they have to play in a very tough SF outdoors area, but they have a good chance at getting the Giants in the NFCCG). New England has a poor defense, and Brady hasn't played well recently in the playoffs. Green Bay is finally healthy going in(they get 2 OL back, one of them being Chad Clifton), but they have the lowest ranked D. Giants are on a roll, but not sure they have the weapons on D to stop Green Bay(it's not like they're playing the Jets, Cowboys, and Falcons). Houston has too many injuries and they have to play Baltimore. Baltimore doesn't have alot of consistency, and they don't play well outside of their home stadium. San Francisco has the best D of all the remaining teams(and they should match up well againt NO), but they don't have much of an offense.

Yeah, the whole thing's a crapshot. Who knows? Maybe Denver can go deeper in the playoffs, b/c the playing field's even.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 01:11:08 pm »

Tim Tebow Throws for 3:16 Yards in Stunning Playoff Upset

http://news.yahoo.com/tim-tebow-throws-3-16-yards-stunning-playoff-171400936.html

COMMENTARY | Tim Tebow threw for 316 yards in his first playoff game leading the Broncos over the Steelers in overtime. The yardage number is impressive, but is it miraculous? The significance of the number has to do with the Bible. John 3:16 is the Bible's most famous verse for salvation. It states: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life." Not only that but John 3:16 is the verse that Tim Tebow put on his eye black for the BCS championship game in 2009 for the University of Florida.

The matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Denver Broncos looked like a lopsided one to most fans. Denver backed into the playoffs losing its last 3 games. The Steelers were an 8 point favorite with a ton of both playoff and Super Bowl experience. Tebow's biggest supporters were starting to doubt his ability to continue to provide the magic for fourth- quarter heroics.

Denver got out to an early lead after it dominated the 12-win Pittsburgh Steelers in the first half. Tebow ended the first half with one rushing and one passing touchdown. Tebow took his Broncos into halftime up 20-6. The second half was all Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh defense held Tebow and his Broncos to 3 points and allowed the offense to tie the game up. At the end of the fourth quarter it looked like Pittsburgh was going to win the game. They were marching down the field with the clock running down. An unfortunate bad snap for a 23 yard loss put the Steelers out of game winning field goal range and they were forced to put to Denver and take the game to overtime.

The coin toss went Denver's way. One play and 80 passing yards later had Tebow was jumping into the stands to celebrate his first playoff win. For anyone wondering his eyeblack message versus the Steelers was Hebrews 12:1-2.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

You just can't make this stuff up!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tebow-time-three-3-16-references-boffo-tv-172145772.html

1/9/12

Excerpt:

Tebow Time: The three 3:16 references, boffo TV ratings and Lady Gaga love

The fact that Tebow had 316 yards passing and averaged 31.6 yards per pass in the game didn't escape notice on Sunday night. Tebow wore "John 3:16" on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship game and has since become identified with the famous Bible message. The coincidental stats caused millions of fans to perform Google searches on the Bible passage in the past 24 hours. Here's one more unbelievable stat: John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that the final quarter-hour television rating for the Broncos-Steelers game was, you guessed it, 31.6.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 03:19:24 pm »

"For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel." John 5:20 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 02:28:46 am »

I read this:

"Believe it or not, but God does not care about who can move a ball up and down the field better. In fact, God cannot get any glory in a game that features half naked girls, refs that cheat, players that are not satisfied with millions of dollars while physically beating each other up week after week, fans that idolize football players like gods, Superbowls that feature Satanic musicians and corruptible crowns. So your beloved team composed of players from all around the United States won the Superbowl, does that fascinate you? Perhaps, if you grew up in another city, you would hate the team that you grew to love.

Millions of football fans all around the globe are proclaiming that Tim Tebow is doing great wonders for God’s kingdom because he thanked Jesus Christ after the playoff game against the Steelers, while they demonize Ben Roethlisberger and accuse him of **** which he was not found guilty of. Yet, in his rookie season Roethlisberger painted (“Play for Jesus”) on his cleats and in his first Superbowl interview he stated: “You don’t have to listen to what I have to say, but I will always have the opportunity to glorify God in all that I do.” So it’s not like Tim Tebow is the only professing Christian praying to God before the game, nor is he the only one praising Jesus Christ with his mouth.

While, the name of Jesus does offend people, most of the sin sick world is not bothered by Tebow profession of faith (1.3 million followers on FB). Perhaps, the Broncos will win the Superbowl against the Packers, and the newspapers will read “David slays Goliath, Tebow and Jesus lead the Broncos to victory.” Meanwhile, as the world is being entertained just like in the days of the chariot races in the Crcus Maximus and the gladiatorial games in the Colosseum in ancient Rome, America is crumbling.

Below is a list of comments people were making about Tim Tebow after his victory. To bad this worldwide enthusiasm wasn’t directed towards Jesus Christ.

Daniel Ruby:
Tim Tebow is hilarious, "Tebow just defeated a rapist (Roethlisberger). Next week he'll beat cheaters (Patriots), then a murderer (Ray Lewis) and then in the super bowl he'll beat a team from a city God tried to destroy (New Orleans)"

Josh Folck: Tim Tebow defeats Ben Roethlisberger. Good defeats evil again.

Ryan O’ Berry : Tim Tebow’s Favorite Bible verse = John 3:16. Earlier today he held a meeting with John Elway after-which he threw for 316 yards averaging 31.6 yards per completion. Just saying…

Chinedu Daniel Ubah: WOW!!! Tim Tebow and Broncos were amazing that’s what you get when you serve Jesus Christ!!!

Jospeh Reid: I doubt God is an NFL fan, but he is most certainly a Tim Tebow Fan! You get the feeling that the young man can accomplish anything he sets his mind to. God is using Tim to show the world what faith can do.

Dexter Heard: God doing some football Math: Tim Tebow + John 3:16 +316 yards +31.6 yards per rec. = God us always there fore you! God can use an NFL QB and meaningless stats of a football game to let us know he is there and controls all.

Sarah Jane Lynn Lowery: I wanna make a point here… Tim Tebow is an amazing Christian young man and he prays to God before, during, and after the game…. So that goes to show… With God WHO CAN STAND AGAINST US!!!

Dbo Junior: They should let Tim Tebow do everything on the team. I heard he raced a cheetah and stopped 5 mins to pray and still won by a landslide.

Dao Yang:
For God so loved the world that he sent Tim Tebow into the NFL that whoever would turn and believe on the Lord Jesus will be saved!!! John 3:16 revised to accomodate Tebows 316 passing yards.

Trevor Frodge:
I wish I was cool enough to knee like Tim tebow.

Benita Nomorepages Thomas:
I am going to join the church that Tim Tebow is a member of!! baby jesus is there every sunday!

David Gonzalez:
The Denver Broncos don't need a team.. all they need is Tim Tebow and Jesus Christ

Doug Thompson:
Great match up next week! Tim Tebow and Jesus vs Tom Brady and Satan!

Tony Marentes:
Tim Tebow has Jesus on his side.
Tom Brady could have only become such an awesome quarterback by selling his soul to Satan.
Next week is going to be interesting..."
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 05:27:50 am »

One also must consider that some people who post comments are not who they claim to be, all in an attempt to make Christians look bad.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 06:58:29 am »

Daniel Ruby:
Tim Tebow is hilarious, "Tebow just defeated a rapist (Roethlisberger). Next week he'll beat cheaters (Patriots), then a murderer (Ray Lewis) and then in the super bowl he'll beat a team from a city God tried to destroy (New Orleans)"

i like that one.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012, 02:00:32 pm »

Rapist? Don't know about that, but he does seem to have some female issues.

Cheaters? Now that is totally true! They were caught red-handed, and the NFL did nothing.

In all fairness, Ray Lewis was aquitted of any charges.

And if God actually tried to destroy New Orleans, it wouldn't be here now! That is a fact.

But yeah, I get their point!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: