End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:09:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Charles Dowell

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles Dowell  (Read 1835 times)
akfools
« on: November 19, 2011, 10:17:47 pm »

This guy seems to be developing quite a following for himself. His you tube video's have been viewed over 1 million times. He heads a commune in Tennessee. I haven't found anything exposing him with an internet search. He is KJV only. He is definitely Hebrew Roots. His congregation observes the old testament feast, sabbath's, the women wear head dresses etc. He uses the apocrypha. Says he grew up fundamental baptist.

Pastor Charles Dowell, Jr.
He says he will personally meet any preacher anytime, anywhere on any subject as long as there are people present! And he will pay for it too.

www.straitwaytruth.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/PastorDowell

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:30:51 pm by akfools » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:13:45 am »

Got through a little over half the first "beliefs" video. Seen enough. Definately legalistic.

Personal observation? Avoid going by what this person claims. I see MAJOR doctrinal issues.

Is that what it's called, "Hebrew Roots"? "Judaizers"? Anyway, following the Levitical Law won't get it. What these people don't get is that by the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, the believer is fulfilling the law, by Jesus doing it on our behalf.

As for the sabbath, it's typical these types promote "remember the sabbath to keep it holy". THe problem wit this false doctrine is that they claim one must observe the Levitical sabbath, to which I disagree with how they claim it must be observed. They are caught up in works, the carnal, outward interpretation of the sabbath. They literally are compelling people to be burdened with the works of the law, which the KJB says that no flesh shall be justified in His sight.

"That no flesh should glory in his presence." 1 Corinthians 1:29 (KJB)

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin." Romans 3:20 (KJB)

They don't get the spiritual apparently, even though they claim "baptism of the holy spirit". They don't understand the sabbath is the final rest for us all. Not some day of the week. If that were the case, then the following would be meaningless...

11   In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 
12   Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 
13   And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 
14   Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 
15   [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 
Colossians 2:11-15 (KJB)

If they want to honor one day above another, they can do that. We have that liberty, thank you Jesus, but it's not a requirement one way or another, except to not force others to observe the way you do...

"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." Romans 14:5 (KJB)

29   Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another [man's] conscience? 
30   For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks? 
31   Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 
32   Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: 
33   Even as I please all [men] in all [things], not seeking mine own profit, but the [profit] of many, that they may be saved. 
1 Corinthians 10:29-33 (KJB)

Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 03:48:47 am »

The Lord's Day: Sabbath or Sunday?
http://media.sermonaudio.com/mediapdf/531185930.pdf
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:24:23 am »

Alot of these youtube videos/ministries have been pretty good, and even helpful, but some I run into every now and then are just downright awful and deceptive.

One time a couple of months ago I ran into an end times youtube channel where this guy was doing the role of a watchman - 1) He had tatoos(which is a red flag), 2) He really didn't speak with edifying speech et al, another red flag, and 3) Here's the biggest red flag of them all - he said God gave him a "prophecy" that a major attack on our soil would happen on the 1st weekend of Sept...never came to pass as we all know.

And there was another guy last Spring who claimed the Independent Fundamentalist Baptist people scammed him of $1000s when he agreed to translate a bible for them in Spanish for money, but got scammed and got nothing. Supposedly, Peter Ruckman(among others) were the criminals in all this, and he even accused DA Waite of sending him a nasty email response. For a good bit, he sounded pretty genuine. KJV only, said good things about Gail Riplinger and her books, looked to be faithul to our Lord when it looked like his property got scammed in all this too(supposedly), the list goes on.

HOWEVER, it got to a point where I noticed that his house he was in looked VERY furnished. Nice furniture all around, nice looking house, overall, he looked like he was providing his own self JUST FINE(albeit with a big of abundance). And for that matter too, if Ruckman and the IFB people REALLY did scam him(and he was really filing charges against these guys), wouldn't the MSM already have made a big deal about this, especially with the way the world hates Christians? And it was amazing too that reading the comments section in his videos, they were 100% SYMPATHETIC toward this guy. It was as if this guy just bewitched his viewers(including myself for awhile).

Again, I like youtube and alot of what they provide, but we really have to discern and weed out the goats.
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:30:02 am »

Gal 3:21 …for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Hebrews 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need [was there] that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 4:21-31 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he [who was] of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman [was] by promise. Which things are an allegory:  for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage (Comment: Mount Sinai is where the 10 commandments were given to Moses/Israelites (See Exodus) and the Sabbath is part of those 10 commandments), which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. For it is written, Rejoice, [thou] barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Gal 4:9-11 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Act 15:19,20 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.  (Sabbath not mentioned)

Act 15:23, 24 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia: Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised,
and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Act 15:28,29 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. (Sabbath not mentioned)

Act 21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing (Previous verse is very clear that this is: Keeping the law), save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. (Sabbath not mentioned)

Romans 5:8-10  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, being now justified by his blood (Comment: Not the Sabbath), we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Titus 3:5: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost…

Ephesians 2:8-9  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works (Comment: Including the Sabbath) lest any man should boast.

Col 21-23  And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblamable and unreprovable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Matthew 7:12 (The Golden Rule) Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22:36-40  Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

Hebrews 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.”

Hebrews 8:6: But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.” 

Romans 10:4:  For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth.

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Gal 1:6-9 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.   (These are two of the sternest warnings in all the New Testament regarding mingling grace with any contrary doctrine.)

Gal 2:3-5 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:  And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:  To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. 

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal 3:21 [Is] the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 4:9-11 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 0 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Gal 5:7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

Gal 5:8 This persuasion [cometh] not of him that calleth you.

Gal 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Gal 5:10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

Gal 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

Gal 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Gal 5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:36:26 am by Jim » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: