End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 05:51:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

‘Chrislam’ Rising

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Chrislam’ Rising  (Read 7197 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:27:30 am »

'Chrislam' Movement Misguiding Former Muslims?

Satellite television, radio broadcasts, and the Internet present expanding opportunities for Muslims to hear the Gospel.

But how welcoming are churches in Islamic nations to Muslims seeking to know more about Christ?

And what happens when former Muslims start their own fellowships?

"There is so much risk. There is so much danger," Todd Nettleton, director of media development for Voice of the Martyrs, told CBN News.

"They are very concerned about what the government is going to say," he added. "[They think], 'If we are out converting Muslims, that potentially puts a target on our backs from the government.' So, they are very cautious about the idea of converting Muslims, of baptizing Muslims into faith in Christ."

Former Muslim Samer Mohammed agreed.

"Some people are afraid to accept you because they have fear," Mohammed explained. "They think if they accept the Muslim believer, some big problem will come to the church."

Some Iranian churches allowed Muslim converts to join their congregations, only to discover later that several were actually government spies and Islamists seeking to harm them.

Rejected by traditional Christians, a growing number of Christians from a Muslim background are now seeking to worship in their own way.

Open Doors USA President Carl Moeller called the phenomenon like a "fourth branch" of Christianity.

"Muslims are turning to faith in Jesus Christ, and out of that movement is emerging an entirely new way of expressing Christianity within the context of the Middle Eastern culture," he said.

Samer Mohammed is a Palestinian Muslim background believer, or "MBB" as they are sometimes called. He prefers to fellowship with others like him.

"We understand each other. The Muslim believers meet together, worship together, and this is good for these people," Mohammed said.

"If I invite [a former Muslim] to MBB communities ... it's easy for him," he added.

But, these communities are also at risk of misunderstanding important Christian doctrines.

"Many of them -- because God's word is difficult to get ahold of -- find it easy to be misled and led astray by those who develop heretical or abhorrent theological practices," Moeller said.

"Because there is no Bible to counteract that presence in the congregation, it can go on for quite some time," he added.

Former Muslim Rachid is the host of the Christian television talk show "Daring Questions."

He said it's not just a lack of Bibles that is creating heretics.

"Because of lack of training and discipleship and teaching, we can come up with our own ideas or comfort zones," Rachid said. "Where we can please our former faith and our new faith, and come up with a new mixture of the two faiths."

Some call this growing trend "Chrislam," a blend of Christianity and Islam.

Others refer to it as the "Insider Movement," a practice in which Christians from a Muslim background still attend mosque and perform Islamic rituals.

Mohammed said Christians in the West are advancing the idea. But he rejects the idea.

"For me, I don't want the Muslim people to come in this way to Jesus," he said. "For me, this is still Muslim."

"We are new people in Jesus. No more Islam, no Mohammed, no Koran," he continued. "This [Chrislam] is from Satan for me. This is not from God."

"If a Muslim believes in Jesus Christ and he wants to stay practicing his Islamic faith, it will not work because there are so many pagan rituals in Islam," Rachid said.

"Imagine bringing witchcraft to Christianity and say, 'Let's do both of them' and 'There is no harm.' And we stay Christians while practicing witchcraft. It doesn't work. So, it's the same thing with Islam," he continued.

While he doesn't support the Insider Movement or Chrislam, Nettleton said he can see the value of MBBs attending mosque.

"They're able to lead other people to Christ because they go to the mosque and maybe they strike up a conversation, 'What did you pray for today?'" Nettleton said. "And so they have opportunities."

Rachid is less supporting of the idea.

"If I'm an MBB and I still go to the mosque, what message am I communicating to the Muslims?" he asked. "I'm telling them I'm still a Muslim. I'm not saying to them, 'I've changed. Jesus Christ changed my life. I'm a new person.'"

Rachid said many of his Muslim viewers have embraced the Christian faith because they are not satisfied spiritually.

They are seeking justice and truth, virtues they are not finding in Islam, politics, and revolution.

Mohammed said once Muslims accept Christ, they need help growing in the faith.

"You need to take care of the MBB to give him good discipleship," he said. "Jesus says go and disciple the people."

--Originally aired March 30, 2012.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2012/March/Chrislam-Movement-Misguiding-Former-Muslims/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: