End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:53:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

‘Chrislam’ Rising

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Chrislam’ Rising  (Read 7123 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:13:28 am »

‘Chrislam’ Rising

Communities across the nation are taking Christianity and Islam—two diametrically opposed theologies—and working to blend them together.

“Chrislam, as the name suggests, is a growing movement wherein some Christians are seeking to find common ground with Muslims,” explains theologian Bill Muehlenberg of the doctrine that began in Nigeria in the 1980s. “Indeed, it actually seeks to combine Christianity with Islam.”

Chrislam has gained significant momentum since the seed was planted nearly three decades ago. Earlier this year Christian communities in Dallas, Chicago, Washington, D.C, and other cities placed Qurans in church pews—right alongside Bibles—and preached about the Prophet Muhammad.

Chrislamists use similarities, such as the monotheistic elements of Christianity and Islam, to unite believers under a common banner. For example, Chrislam advocates point to the mention of Jesus 25 times in the Quran, as well as congruent teachings on morals and ethics. By identifying these supposed parallels, proponents believe they are drawing a spiritual sword to battle atheism and polytheism and solving a deadly conflict in the West.

Bible-believing Christians are rejecting the movement. Tim Forsthoff, senior pastor of Cornerstone Church in Highland, Mich., is one of many speaking out against it. “We are not brothers with those who reject Christ. We are not part of the family of God with those who deny the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ,” he stresses.

In June, Jack Van Impe, the popular end-time television host, walked away from TBN in the wake of a dispute over naming well-known ministers he claims are mixing Muslim and Christian beliefs. TBN decided to pull the broadcast, and Van Impe cried censorship and ended the 23-year relationship. “When I see heretical teaching leading to apostasy, I will speak out,” Van Impe said.

Paul L. Williams, an author, journalist and professor, blames the ideal of multiculturalism for the successful spread of Chrislam. He says most Christians think multiculturalism and diversity are the best things for the U.S. In some American pulpits today, speaking against diversity is a sin, he notes.

“People have been led to believe all cultures are equal, that all religions are equal. The No. 1 culprit here is embracing ... the different cultures,” Williams says. “[Muslims] are coming in and converting the Christians.”

http://www.charismanews.com/world/32349-chrislam-rising
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 05:27:30 am »

'Chrislam' Movement Misguiding Former Muslims?

Satellite television, radio broadcasts, and the Internet present expanding opportunities for Muslims to hear the Gospel.

But how welcoming are churches in Islamic nations to Muslims seeking to know more about Christ?

And what happens when former Muslims start their own fellowships?

"There is so much risk. There is so much danger," Todd Nettleton, director of media development for Voice of the Martyrs, told CBN News.

"They are very concerned about what the government is going to say," he added. "[They think], 'If we are out converting Muslims, that potentially puts a target on our backs from the government.' So, they are very cautious about the idea of converting Muslims, of baptizing Muslims into faith in Christ."

Former Muslim Samer Mohammed agreed.

"Some people are afraid to accept you because they have fear," Mohammed explained. "They think if they accept the Muslim believer, some big problem will come to the church."

Some Iranian churches allowed Muslim converts to join their congregations, only to discover later that several were actually government spies and Islamists seeking to harm them.

Rejected by traditional Christians, a growing number of Christians from a Muslim background are now seeking to worship in their own way.

Open Doors USA President Carl Moeller called the phenomenon like a "fourth branch" of Christianity.

"Muslims are turning to faith in Jesus Christ, and out of that movement is emerging an entirely new way of expressing Christianity within the context of the Middle Eastern culture," he said.

Samer Mohammed is a Palestinian Muslim background believer, or "MBB" as they are sometimes called. He prefers to fellowship with others like him.

"We understand each other. The Muslim believers meet together, worship together, and this is good for these people," Mohammed said.

"If I invite [a former Muslim] to MBB communities ... it's easy for him," he added.

But, these communities are also at risk of misunderstanding important Christian doctrines.

"Many of them -- because God's word is difficult to get ahold of -- find it easy to be misled and led astray by those who develop heretical or abhorrent theological practices," Moeller said.

"Because there is no Bible to counteract that presence in the congregation, it can go on for quite some time," he added.

Former Muslim Rachid is the host of the Christian television talk show "Daring Questions."

He said it's not just a lack of Bibles that is creating heretics.

"Because of lack of training and discipleship and teaching, we can come up with our own ideas or comfort zones," Rachid said. "Where we can please our former faith and our new faith, and come up with a new mixture of the two faiths."

Some call this growing trend "Chrislam," a blend of Christianity and Islam.

Others refer to it as the "Insider Movement," a practice in which Christians from a Muslim background still attend mosque and perform Islamic rituals.

Mohammed said Christians in the West are advancing the idea. But he rejects the idea.

"For me, I don't want the Muslim people to come in this way to Jesus," he said. "For me, this is still Muslim."

"We are new people in Jesus. No more Islam, no Mohammed, no Koran," he continued. "This [Chrislam] is from Satan for me. This is not from God."

"If a Muslim believes in Jesus Christ and he wants to stay practicing his Islamic faith, it will not work because there are so many pagan rituals in Islam," Rachid said.

"Imagine bringing witchcraft to Christianity and say, 'Let's do both of them' and 'There is no harm.' And we stay Christians while practicing witchcraft. It doesn't work. So, it's the same thing with Islam," he continued.

While he doesn't support the Insider Movement or Chrislam, Nettleton said he can see the value of MBBs attending mosque.

"They're able to lead other people to Christ because they go to the mosque and maybe they strike up a conversation, 'What did you pray for today?'" Nettleton said. "And so they have opportunities."

Rachid is less supporting of the idea.

"If I'm an MBB and I still go to the mosque, what message am I communicating to the Muslims?" he asked. "I'm telling them I'm still a Muslim. I'm not saying to them, 'I've changed. Jesus Christ changed my life. I'm a new person.'"

Rachid said many of his Muslim viewers have embraced the Christian faith because they are not satisfied spiritually.

They are seeking justice and truth, virtues they are not finding in Islam, politics, and revolution.

Mohammed said once Muslims accept Christ, they need help growing in the faith.

"You need to take care of the MBB to give him good discipleship," he said. "Jesus says go and disciple the people."

--Originally aired March 30, 2012.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2012/March/Chrislam-Movement-Misguiding-Former-Muslims/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:02:28 am »

Rev. Wright Unleashed: ‘White Supremacy’ Drives ‘World Policy,’ Allah & Yahweh Are the ‘Same’…and Clarence Thomas Is Worshipping ‘Some Other God’

“The god of racists is not the God of righteousness. The god of the greedy is not the God of grace. The god of Wall Street is not the God of Main Street,” Wright proclaimed. “Those are two different gods and I ain’t talking about Allah and Yahweh. Those are the same names for the same God.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rev-wright-unleashes-new-racially-charged-sermons-justice-clarence-thomas-is-worshipping-some-other-god/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 06:12:23 am »

Liberal media love new Jesus book 'Zealot', fail to mention author is Muslim

Reza Aslan, author of the new book, “Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth” has been interviewed on a host of media outlets in the last week. Riding a publicity wave, the book has surged to #2 on Amazon's list.

Media reports have introduced Aslan as a “religion scholar” but have failed to mention that he is a devout Muslim.

His book is not a historian’s report on Jesus. It is an educated Muslim’s opinion about Jesus -- yet the book is being peddled as objective history on national TV and radio.

“Zealot” is a fast-paced demolition of the core beliefs that Christianity has taught about Jesus for 2,000 years.

Aslan is not a trained historian. Like tens of thousands of us he has been formally educated in theology and New Testament Greek.

He is a bright man with every right to hold his own opinion about Jesus—and to proselytize his opinion.

As a sincere man, Aslan’s Muslim beliefs affect his entire life, including his conclusions about Jesus. But this is not being disclosed. “Zealot” is being presented as objective and scholarly history, not as it actually is—an educated Muslim’s opinions about Jesus and the ancient Near East.

“Zealot” is a fast-paced demolition of the core beliefs that Christianity has taught about Jesus for 2,000 years. Its conclusions are long-held Islamic claims—namely, that Jesus was a zealous prophet type who didn’t claim to be God, that Christians have misunderstood him, and that the Christian Gospels are not the actual words or life of Jesus but “myth.”

These claims are not new or unique. They are hundreds of years old among Muslims. Sadly, readers who have listened to interviews on NPR, "The Daily Show," Huffington Post or MSNBC may pick up the book expecting an unbiased and historic report on Jesus and first century Jewish culture. (I will let my Jewish friends address Aslan’s statement on MSNBC that, “there were certainly a lot of Jewish terrorists in first century Palestine.”)

As a journalist and author who is Christian I cannot imagine penning a so-called objective biography of Muhammad and then concealing my conflict of interest in national media interviews.

In world history there are no religions more violently and anciently opposed than the crusading, fighting, at times blood-shedding rivals of historic Islam and historic Christianity. Even non-violent Muslims and Christians, like Aslan and myself, understand that we hold aggressively oppositional views—particularly about Jesus. National news coverage of “Zealot” has ignored this conflict of interest.

“Zealot” is written with the self-assumed authority of groundbreaking revelation from a historian. In reality, it is a religious person’s opinion about Jesus—from an adherent to the religion that has been in violent opposition to Christ for 1,400 years.

Aslan informs us that we cannot trust the Gospel of Mark--because it was written 40 years after Jesus’ death. He then chides us to trust his new book, written almost 2,000 years later.

I believe in Aslan’s right to hold and propagate any opinion. It’s a right that, ironically, Christians do not have in many Muslim countries.

My concern is that national media coverage be smart and forthright about this conflict of interest, just as it would be if I—a Christian author and pastor—wrote a book about Muhammad.

Pouring praise onto “Zealot” as new information about Jesus, without explaining its author’s devotion to a combatting religion, is blatant bias. This same bias would be unthinkable if the Christian and Muslim roles were reversed.

With its riveting demolition of Jesus, “Zealot” will continue to attract interviews—some from reporters who want to see Jesus deconstructed. Many more interviews will come from reporters who simply don’t understand that Reza Aslan has a horse in this race. He is not an objective observer, but, to use his own word, a zealot, with religious motivation to destroy what Western culture has believed about its central figure for hundreds of years. In many ways, this conflict is larger than Christianity and Islam. It is a conflict of Western and Middle Eastern foundations. These are great and important debates that we should welcome, but let’s be honest about our motivations, positions and conflicts of interest as we dialogue.

Let’s hope reporters in future interviews will, being informed, mention the glaring conflict of interest in this Islamic opinion of Jesus. It is no more objective than my educated views about Muhammad, as a Christian.

“Zealot” is not new work from a historian. It is a sophisticated presentation of views that Muslims have held about Jesus for more than 1,000 years.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/22/liberal-media-love-new-jesus-book-zealot-fail-to-mention-author-is-muslim/?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 03:52:31 pm »

“there were certainly a lot of Jewish terrorists in first century Palestine.”)

Obviously, Islam has no room to talk about terrorism in that area! And they can't even tell the truth either.

Notice this little lie...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Jerusalem

610: The Temple Mount in Jerusalem become the focal point for Muslim Salah (prayers), known as the First Qibla, following Muhammad's initial revelations (Wahy) (Islamic sources)

OH REALLY? How might that be possible, seeing that Muhammad didn't have his "visions" till 610AD? The cult hadn't even been invented yet! The Dome of the Rock wasn't built till about 690.

The Koran wasn't even compiled till about 650.

LIARS.

The first mosque on the Temple Mount wasn't completed till about 700.  Roll Eyes

And they don't want to talk about how it is that Islam arrived in Jerusalem. Truth is, it was under threat by the point of a sword.

Notice Wikipedia doesn't mention the initial invasion of Jerusalem by Islam. They mention the Persian invasion, then jumps to Mohammed there in 620, and going back to Medina in 623. OH, that's right, he flew there!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:01:10 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 04:01:56 am »

Seems somebody doesn't want this story to go away. Now FOX is being attacked for interviewing Aslan. No surprise, seeing the world doesn't know what Christianity is, and are deceived by the Islamic effort to smear anything that isn't Islamic.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-fox-news-scandal-good-news-reza-aslan-221802800.html

Why the Fox News Scandal Is Good News for Reza Aslan

Connor Simpson
Arts & Entertainment
Fox News Channel

Religious scholar Reza Aslan recently appeared on the FoxNews.com show Spirited Debate and the host insisted that his being a Muslim somehow affects the quality of his new book about Jesus. The whole ordeal was embarrassing for Fox News, but things are only going to get better from here for the author.

RELATED: What, Exactly, Motivated Fox to Pull the Plug on Beck?

Aslan appeared on the online show on Friday to promote his new book, Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth, about how the environment Jesus grew up in shaped him. But host Lauren Green didn't want to talk about the book so much as she wanted to talk about how Aslan is a Muslim. "You’re a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?" was Green's very first question. "Well, to be clear, I am a scholar of religions with four degrees, including one in the New Testament, and fluency in biblical Greek, who has been studying the origins of Christianity for two decades, who also just happens to be a Muslim," Aslan politely replied. Green doesn't give up, though, the interview goes downhill from there: 

(see video)
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 06:20:11 am »

FOX News has slowly but surely stabbed their viewers in the back - for a good while, they just merely played good cop to their audiences who wanted an alternative to all of the (supposedly)liberal-leaning networks out there like MSBNC and CBS.

Yes, while all of the networks pushed the Iraq war prior to its invasion, FOX by far did the most damage in terms of deceiving its viewers(ie-the average FOX viewer at the time believed Iraq had WMDs AND Saddam was behind 9/11 AND Iraq was an imminent security threat to America AND afterwards, WMDs *had been found* in Iraq).

In recent years, they are unmasking their true colors.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 05:26:27 am »

Whatever the motivation, the angle FOX is taking is correct in my opinion. They had every right to call him out on his "book".

And then there are the defenders of Aslan...

http://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-rushing-defend-reza-aslan-interview-222802466.html

Fox News Is Rushing to Defend Its Reza Aslan Interview

Abby Ohlheiser

Fox News, after a pause, has come back fighting against criticism of their interview with Reza Aslan, a Muslim scholar who wrote a book about Jesus. And as the discussion about a book that's more or less a William Manchester-style literary biography (that is, one steeped in scholarship, but written for the mainstream) of the historical Jesus spirals further and further away from, you know, the actual content of the book itself, what's emerging is a deep, conservative fear, and anger, concerning the audacity and bias of non-Christians who discuss the content of the Bible...

(see video interview)

...Much of Aslan's (and lots of others') frustration with Fox News began when Lauren Green wondered why a Muslim would "be interested in the founder of Christianity?" and her claim that Aslan's book was "like having a Democrat writing a book about why Reagan wasn’t a good Republican." While similar questions can and do provide a great opportunity for discussion among people who believe differently but have the same interests, Green's repeated questions represent a suspicion to his intentions that could be warranted, say, against a Hitchens-style screed against the idea that religion has value. But Aslan's book seems far from a religous attempt to question the facts of a Christian narrative in order to undermine it.

RELATED: Shepard Smith on Barack Obama's Birth Certificate   <<<< notice this?

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,1618.msg38565.html#msg38565

Bozell thinks that Aslan's Muslim faith gives him an inherent 'bias' in his ability to write about Jesus. Why? In a nod to Aslan's choice to write about Jesus as a man, Bozell says that "the Muslim faith believes that Jesus Christ did not have a divine nature." But Bozell seems to miss that despite the fact that Muslims believe in the Virgin Birth, Aslan's book doesn't find much evidence of this religious claim, either — so where's the Muslim bias there? Additionally, Aslan, along with most experts on the history of Jesus, argues that Jesus was almost certainly crucified, while Islam is much more ambiguous on the subject — they believe he was brought up to heaven beforehand. Still, Aslan's Muslim bias is the central claim Fox News is making against Aslan's ability to write about Jesus. Evangelical author John S. ****erson's rant against Zealot for FoxNews.com finds a thousand ways to repeat this claim, arguing that Islam sees Jesus as a "zealous prophet type," continuing:

Even non-violent Muslims and Christians, like Aslan and myself, understand that we hold aggressively oppositional views—particularly about Jesus. National news coverage of “Zealot” has ignored this conflict of interest.

But Jesus is more than just a "prophet type" in Islam. He's a straight-up prophet, and one of the most important ones. Aside from the (religiously important) issue of his divine nature, Islam and Christianity tell basically the same story on Jesus. Despite Fox News's repeated concern about Aslan's Muslim faith, an actual religious bias on his part would have probably produced a more palatable book for Christian readers than the one he actually did write. But while Aslan's faith is a useful tool for critics to frame their beef with the book, it's not really their main argument. The problem, it seems, is that the book contradicts Christianity at all. (cont.)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:40:35 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 09:23:43 am »

"Jerk"Muslim biographer of Jesus a potty mouth on Twitter

The Muslim religious scholar whose Fox News interview about his book on Jesus doesn't exactly come off as a cerebral academic on Twitter, where his rants show a potty mouth always looking for a fight.

Reza Aslan, author of “Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth,” has gained some sympathy from the interview, in which Lauren Green noted his Islamic faith. But Aslan, who has repeatedly flaunted his credentials as a basis for writing a book on Christianity, has shown a little less-than-scholarly approach towards critics on the popular microblogging site. Profanity-laced tweets were sent from his account, denouncing those who criticized his works.

In a response to statements made by conservative blogger Robert Spencer back in early 2012, the scholar tweets, “Dear Robert Spencer. Stop begging for my attention. I’ll never take U seriously. P.S. I don’t think UR fat & gay. I think UR fat & stupid.”

As tweets compiled by BuzzFeed and The Blaze show, it is far more common than one might think.  With tweets range from the mildly offensive “idiot” to the outrageous “dumbass,” Aslan has also introduced a Glenn Beck element to his account, following Beck’s closer look at the controversial author.

Some of the less inflammatory tweets are posted below.

Yet, he appears to be proud of his unscholarly-like attitude towards critics.
Reza Aslan        ✔ @rezaaslan

Seriously if calling hatemongers "***holes" and trolls "**** for brains" makes me a jerk then I proudly accept title #TwitterJerk

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/02/cool-headed-academic-scholar-real-potty-mouth-on-twitter/#ixzz2b0hic6Si
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 02:38:06 pm »

Twitter ends up showing people's true colors, despite the fact that they're limited to a few words or so they're able to write.

James 3:5  Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6  And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7  For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8  But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 05:34:51 am »

Yeah, there's that pride!

Religion of peace my backside.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 05:40:33 am »

The Lies and Misrepresentations of Reza Aslan

Among the Islamists and supporters of Sharia law, there is one individual in particular who has been capable of making money by misrepresenting himself and his credentials: the tireless self-promoter, Reza Aslan. After 9/11, Reza Aslan found the environment ripe in the United States to make profits by exaggerating and fabricating his qualifications.

First of all, Reza Aslan has continuously presented himself as a professor of religion. This is done in an attempt to sell his few books, which lack academic and credible references. In one of his recent interviews, Aslan claims, “I am a scholar of religions with four degrees including one in the New Testament . . . I am an expert with a Ph.D. in the history of religions . . . I am a professor of religions, including the New Testament – that’s what I do for a living, actually . . . To be clear, I want to emphasize one more time, I am a historian, I am a Ph.D. in the history of religions.” Aslan also recently said on Twitter, “I have a BA, MA and PhD in the history of Western Religions so yes, again, I am an ACTUAL expert in Judaism.”

In actuality, Reza Aslan is not a “professor of religion,” and what he claims he does “for a living” is an outrageous inaccuracy. Reza Aslan is an associate professor in the Creative Writing program at the University of California, Riverside.  He teaches there based on his Master of Fine Arts degree in fiction from Iowa, his relevant academic credential.

In addition, Reza Aslan received his PhD in sociology – not “History of Religions” – from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2009.

I used to teach at the University of California at Santa Barbara and I am familiar with the prominent theologians, professors and academic scholars at the school. None of these individuals that I met considered Reza Aslan even remotely close to being a scholar in religion. After all, he received his PhD in sociology. At first, I did not know of Reza Aslan. But when his name was brought up, I asked a director of one the departments at the university – who prefers to remain anonymous – for more information. He stated simply that Reza Aslan is a hungry self-promoter who begs for media attention and appearances, and who repeatedly misrepresents his credentials. He added that it goes without saying that Reza Aslan is laughed at within scholarly circles, and that academics do not consider Reza Aslan even a minor religious scholar.

Secondly, the expertise – which Reza Aslan claims is based on his PhD – should be determined by the topic of the dissertation. Reza Aslan’s dissertation, titled “Global Jihadism as a Transnational Social Movement: A Theoretical Framework” reveals that if he is an expert based on his PhD, he should be an expert on social movements in early twentieth-century Islam, not on Christianity or even modern Islam.

Third, although Reza Aslan calls himself a “historian,” he has never attainted a degree or had professional training in history, and has never even taken an elementary course in historiography for that matter. His dissertation focuses on the events and movements of the twentieth century and does not apply any historical methods or archival research. In addition, his dissertation is also an abnormally short one – approximately 130 pages double-spaced – which seems to have been written for publicity purposes for his book, Beyond Fundamentalism. Reza Aslan has been exploiting the situation in the United States after 9/11 to self-promote and make profits through these exaggerations and fabrications.

Fourth, Reza Aslan is a self-proclaimed “scholar,” yet his background is inconsistent with academic scholarly standards. Reza Aslan has barely published any papers or articles in peer-reviewed scholarly journals.

Fifth, Reza Aslan received his PhD in 2009. Yet, there are several interviews and events before 2009 where Reza Aslan sounds as if he is a professor with a PhD.

The work of “real” scholars of religions – not of creative writing – in the United States and across the world speaks for itself, without the need for the author to shamelessly self-promote, boast oneself as a “prominent thinker” and “scholar of religions,” and to beg hungrily for media appearances with insatiable greed. Regardless of the inaccuracy of his self-descriptions, respectable scholars never flaunt their degrees so arrogantly. There are countless scholars and academics that have more prestigious PhD degrees in actual “religion,” which they obtained at a younger age and have had for decades (again, Aslan received his in 2009 at the age of 37). However, these intellectuals seldom boast or even mention their degrees. This shows that the aforementioned author only obtained his degree for flaunting purposes. Finally, the author has found the environment after 9/11 extremely advantageous for himself to exploit, self-promote, and to make profit.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/majid-rafizadeh/the-lies-and-misrepresentations-of-reza-aslan/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 08:26:40 am »

"Scholars" are the very last people anyone should trust...

1Cor 8:1  Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
1Co 8:2  And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
1Co 8:3  But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 09:24:59 am »

ha ha, it just keeps going

Biblical Archeology Filmmaker Blasts Jesus Book Author Reza Aslan for Suggesting Jesus Called His Country ‘Palestine’

Simcha Jacobovici is a Canadian-Israeli adjunct religion professor and filmmaker known for his biblical archaeology History Channel series “The Naked Archaeologist.” In an op-ed in the Times of Israel, Jacobovici takes Reza Aslan, author of “Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth” to task for referring to the land of Jesus as “Palestine,” when a review of historical sources shows the place was known as “Judea,” a word that in Hebrew is synonymous with the word “Jew.”

Jacobovici writes (emphasis added throughout), “in all his interviews, Aslan goes out of his way to refer to Jesus’ Judea i.e., the land of the Jews, as ‘Palestine.’  For all I care, he can call it ‘Nebraska,’ as long as he doesn’t give the impression that this is really what it was called by the inhabitants of Judea in Jesus’ time.”

“If you write a book about Jesus and you call his country by the name that he called it i.e., ‘Judea’, the politically correct armies of anti-Israel activists may get upset with you. So Aslan calls ancient Judea ‘Palestine’ and hides behind the reference to the ‘Roman designation’ for the province,” Jacobovici writes.

“This is very cynical. It’s very cynical to fudge the history of the Aegean Philistines 3200 years ago, lingering references to their name, and the Roman province of the second century CE. It’s very cynical to retroactively place modern Arab Palestinians into Jesus’ Jewish Hellenistic world,” the Emmy Award-winning filmmaker writes.

“In Jesus’ day, his country was called Judea, and the overall designation for the land was ‘Israel’ – as it is today. You can argue about politics, but let’s not change history to suit our views,” he adds.

Jacobovici points out that when asked why he uses the name “Palestine” for ancient Judea, Aslan insists he is using the “Roman designation” for the area, saying the designation was “Syria Palestine.”

“This is absolutely wrong,” writes Jacobovici. “More than this, it demonstrates a certain cynicism when manipulating history for the purpose of ideology.”

Jacobovici provides a detailed review of the word “Palestine” and where it came from including noting that when Jesus was born “there hadn’t been any Philistines in the area for some 600 years.” The name “Palestine” does not appear in the Gospels and those living in Judea during Jesus’ time – including Jesus and his disciples “would never have referred to their country as ‘Palestine,’” the filmmaker notes.

Many Blaze readers made the same point as Jacobovici when commenting on Faith Editor Billy Hallowell’s post reviewing highlights from Aslan’s contentious interview with Fox News. “It’s about a historical man who walked the earth 2,000 years ago in a land that the Romans found Palestine,” Aslan told Fox News last month.

One reader commented, “Notice how he refuses to say ‘Israel’ using the name ‘Palestine.’”

Another wrote of Aslan’s terminology: “It’s about a historical man who walked the earth 2,000 years ago in a land that the Romans found Palestine.’ This is inaccurate.”

“I wonder if his true purpose was not so much Jesus in his book but attempting to establish Palestine 2000 years ago,” wrote another Blaze reader.

Jacobovici has himself been the subject of some criticism for raising provocative theories about early Christianity, including a theory that Jesus and his family were buried in a tomb under Jerusalem.

Jacobovici likens Aslan’s word choice to another politically-charged issue, Native Americans, writing, “But let’s say the Romans had called ‘Judea’ ‘Palestine’ in Jesus’ time – which they didn’t – why would a writer focusing on Jesus as a Jewish patriot i.e., a Zealot, want to call Jesus’ country by the name that his enemies used?”

“It’s as if I wrote a book about a native American hero and kept referring to him as an ‘Indian’, because that’s what white people called him,” Jacobovici writes.

“I think there is no room for propaganda when reviewing history. No one is objective. But we can try to be truthful,” he adds.

Jacobovici’s op-ed and historical analysis can be found at this link. http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/palestine-history-of-a-name/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/13/biblical-archeology-filmmaker-blasts-jesus-book-author-reza-aslan-for-suggesting-jesus-called-his-country-palestine/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

“I wonder if his true purpose was not so much Jesus in his book but attempting to establish Palestine 2000 years ago,” wrote another Blaze reader.

No question about it, that is exactly what Islam is trying to do every chance they get. They want ALL Jewish ties either destroyed, covered up, or altered in an attempt to create the illusion that Islam was always in Judea, a lie promoted by many, including the head of the Waqf in Jerusalem. He even claims the temple never existed, and that the Al Aqsa mosque has always been on the Temple Mount.  Roll Eyes

You cannot reason with evil deceptions. You can only rebuke it with the Word of God.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 07:25:36 am »

Washington Post Has Controversial MUSLIM Author, Resa Aslan, Write 'Five Myths About Jesus' Column

The Washington Post has recently published a column for their weekly Sunday section on "5 Myths About Jesus" by a controversial author and scholar.

Resa Aslan, author of the best-selling book Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth, wrote a column Sunday arguing that there were five commonly believed ideas about Jesus that were either untrue or likely untrue.

"Outside of the Gospels…there is almost no trace of this simple Galilean peasant who inspired the world's largest religion," wrote Aslan.

"But there's enough biblical scholarship about the historical Jesus to raise questions about some of the myths that have formed around Him over the past 2,000 years."

The five points of contention Aslan wrote about were, in order, "Jesus was born in Bethlehem," "Jesus was an only child," "Jesus had 12 disciples," "Jesus had a trial before Pontius Pilate" and "Jesus was buried in a tomb."

Dan Gainor, vice president for the Business and Culture department of the Media Research Center, told The Christian Post that he was not shocked by The Washington Post opting to publish the piece.

"The major media are reflexively anti-Christian, so hyping an anti-Christian author fits within their world quite well," said Gainor.

"Aslan has gotten major coverage in the Post and the major media have loved him ever since his Fox News interview."

Gainor also told CP that The Washington Post published the column as "an attempt to gin up a controversy by a man with a questionable resume bashing Christianity."

"Try to imagine the Post giving that much space to a Christian author writing the '5 Myths About Islam.' That would never happen," said Gainor.

Every Sunday, The Washington Post features a "Five Myths About…" segment, usually about a contemporary issue, person or theme.

Past topics have included authors attempting to dispel "myths" regarding Millennials, cruise missiles, libertarians and Detroit.

A scholar of religious studies, Aslan had his book "Zealot" published in July. The book became a best seller, in large part, because of the attention it received following a controversial interview Aslan had with a Fox News anchor.

"Zealot" was not without its critics, as many scholars and pundits took exception with Aslan's claims and his methodology.

Stephen Prothero, religion professor at Boston University, had a book review published by The Washington Post wherein Prothero accused Aslan of "cherry-picking" his evidences from the Bible.

"Like every other scholar with the chutzpah to try to divide the historical Jesus accurately from the Christ of Christian faith, Aslan does a lot of cherry-picking," wrote Prothero.

"More to the point, why credit and emphasize violent passages in the Gospels while discrediting and deemphasizing peaceful ones? Why believe that Jesus really told his disciples, 'If you do not have a sword, go sell your cloak and buy one' (Luke 22:36)? Why the skepticism when it comes to 'love your enemies' (Matthew 5:44)?"

http://www.christianpost.com/news/washington-post-has-controversial-author-resa-aslan-write-five-myths-about-jesus-column-105606/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:19 am »

'If you do not have a sword, go sell your cloak and buy one' (Luke 22:36)

Cherry-picking indeed!

Jesus wasn't telling them to get a sword for self defense! If He were, then why did He tell them "It is enough" when they told Him they had two swords? Two swords for all the disciples? Uh, it wasn't about self defense or fighting men. Couple that fact with the other fact that there is no other scripture in the New Testament that even mentions anything about a weapon used for self defense. All other references are about loving your enemy and doing no harm to others, to offer the other cheek.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 07:23:43 am »

Chrislam Starts To Spread In America

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” Revelation 3:14-16

Pastors that are really wolves in sheep’s clothing

You knew this day was going to come, when the liberal “love gospel” preachers who, desiring to fill their seats and bank accounts, would find a way to merge apostate christianity with the Devil’s religion of Islam. That day is here.

Just recently, Rick Warren, founder and pastor of Saddleback Community Church in Orange County California, addressed the convention of the Islamic Society of North America. Warren stated that Muslims and Christians must work together to combat stereotypes, promote peace and freedom, and solve global problems. Christians and Moslems – faith mates, soul mates and now work mates! Chrislam!

Quote of the Day: “Before we “shake your hand” in responding to your letter, we ask forgiveness of the All-Merciful One and of the Muslim community around the world.” – Rick Warren in a speech to Muslims.

This weekend, the Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church in Houston along with Christian communities in Atlanta, Seattle, and Detroit will initiate a series of sermons that have been designed to produce an ecumenical reconciliation between Christianity and Islam. In addition to the sermons, the Sunday school lessons will center on the inspired teachings of the Prophet Mohammad. Qurans will be placed in the pews next to the Bibles. (NOTE: Due to the overwhelming response that this article has generated, the Pastor of Memorial Church has issued a semi-denial of the events we reported. They do not, however, deny supporting and teaching a doctrine called “Jesus in the Koran. Click here to read their semi-denial. So until other information is made available to NTEB, we will run the story as is, along with their side, and you the reader can decide what’s going on. But people, ask yourself…would any real, bible believing church try and teach it’s members about “Jesus in the Koran”? That’s blasphemy.)

The concept of Chrislam, now embraced by such preachers as Rick Warren and Robert Schuller, appears to have emerged from a program on the meaning of “love your neighbor” at Grace Fellowship Church in Atlanta, Georgia “In 2001, like most Americans, we were pretty awakened to the true Islamic presence in the world and in the United States,” says Jon Stallsmith, the outreach minister at Grace Fellowship. “Jesus says we should love our neighbors. We can’t do that without having a relationship with them.”

Stallsmith maintains that a rapprochement between Muslims and Christians can be achieved by the fact that Jesus is mentioned twenty-five times in the Quran.

The Chrislam movement has gained impetus by statements from President George W. Bush and that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the same God and by Rick Warren’s reference to Isa (the Muslim name for Jesus) in his prayer at the inauguration of President Barack Obama. Only 30 percent of Americans have a favorable view of Muslims, according to a Pew Forum poll. At the same time, more than half the country says they know “not very much” or “nothing at all” about the Islamic faith. “The recent political developments and the fact that we’re fighting two wars in Muslim countries should sharpen that need to know how to talk to these guys,” Stallsmith insists “We want to find peace, reconciliation around a scriptural understanding of Jesus.”

Jesus in the Quran is neither the only-begotten Son of God nor the Messiah who was divinely appointed to restore the House of David. He is rather viewed as a prophet who was appointed by Allah to prepare mankind for the coming of Mohammad.”

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=1366
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 02:04:54 pm »

says Jon Stallsmith, the outreach minister at Grace Fellowship. “Jesus says we should love our neighbors. We can’t do that without having a relationship with them.”

His fruit shows he has no clue what the true doctrine of Christ is.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 02:59:53 pm »

Presbyterian Church USA Teams Up With American Islamists
The Church is an official interfaith partner with U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entities and supporters of Sharia for America.

A writer giving soft treatment to Islamists wouldn’t be a new development, but Ben Daniel isn’t just any writer. He’s the pastor of a church and his book was published by the Presbyterian Church USA. This church of 1.8 million has become an ally of Islamists.

Pastor Ben Daniel leads Foothill Presbyterian Church of San Jose and his book, The Search for Truth About Islam: A Christian Pastor Separates Fact from Fiction, was released on March 25 by the official publisher of the Presbyterian Church USA.

His book “explores what he calls ‘the American cult of fear,’ particularly as it relates to the rise of Islamophobia

in the United States.”

Islamists have used the term “Islamophobia” to gain political influence and bash opponents – including ant-Islamists Muslims -- long before the 9/11 attacks. Now, even Muslims are speaking out against the abuse of the term.

At an August 22 speaking engagement at Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church, which was attended by almost 150 people, Pastor Daniel said that the CIA estimates there are less than 20,000 terrorists in the entire world.

That’s incorrect, but many Christians in the audience won’t know that. The UN says Al-Shabaab in Somalia alone has 5,000 members. Jabhat al-Nusra in Syria has around 7,000 members. There are over 50 groups designated as Foreign Terrorist Organizations by the U.S. State Department, most of which are Islamic.

Pastor Daniel’s willful blindness to the greater Islamist threat is apparent in his book when he upholds Imam

Zaid Shakir as an admirable moderate. He says that Shakir’s Zaytuna College in California is “filling an important niche in American higher education.” There are plenty of reasons to be concerned about the education there – including one from earlier this year, when Shakir said that Sharia-based governance is superior to the U.S. Constitution.

Specifically, Shakir said that constitution-based citizenship is “a lofty ideal but after 200, 300 years of experimentation, we find that inequality is greater than it has ever been in the history of humanity.” Instead, governance based on Islamic law is what should be pursued, he asserted.

“Secularism says we keep religion out. Why? Because if we have religion and religion is the basis of membership in the community, we can’t have perfect equality. We can’t have perfect equality. If Islam is the basis, the kafir won’t be equal with the Muslim. The Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi. They won’t be equal with the Muslim,” he preached.

In 2006, Shakir told the New York Times “he still hoped that one day the United States would be a Muslim country ruled by Islamic law.” Shakir is also famous for  writing anti-American poems, justifying attacks on U.S. soldiers, being a 9/11 conspiracy theorist and preaching that a new Caliphate

is needed that will wage jihad

with “weaponry against the enemies of Islam.”

Pastor Daniel’s book is just an example of what is happening in the Presbyterian Church USA overall. (The Presbyterian Church USA is one of about 14 large denominations of Presbyterians in the U.S. and about the same number of smaller ones.)

The Presbyterian Church USA is an official interfaith partner of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood

entity and unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism financing trial in American history.

The two are also both members of the Shoulder-to-Shoulder Campaign. ISNA is so proud of the interfaith coalition that it bragged about it during a meeting with Islamist Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan this year.

The Presbyterian Church also is part of the Religions for Peace USA coalition that also has a heavy Islamist component including ISNA. The Church has a representative on its Executive Council and Council of Presidents.

In July 2012, the Presbyterian Church Office of Public Witness blasted Rep. Michele Bachmann and four other members of Congress as essentially being bigoted “Joseph McCarthys.” The legistalors’ offense was requesting a review of the Muslim Brotherhood-linked organizations’ involvement with the U.S. government. The Church passionately defended ISNA, the Muslim Public Affairs Council and Huma Abedin.

The Presbyterian Mission Agency website’s "interfaith links of interest" include ISNA, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) and the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC). All four have Muslim Brotherhood origins and three of the four appear in a 1991 list of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s fronts.

The Presbyterian Church is currently updating its 2010 study on Christian-Muslim relations that was prompted by “alarming anti-Muslim statements and actions.” The list of advisors and sources for the study includes various Islamists including Tariq Ramadan, the grandson of the Muslim Brotherhood’s founder.

We don’t have to speculate about what the ultimate objective is for ISNA, including its interfaith campaigns. The current leader of its interfaith office was videotaped in 2006 saying, “Our job is to change the constitution of America.”

The Presbyterian Church USA has around 1.8 million members, over 10,000 congregations and 14,000 ministers. Although its membership has been shrinking yearly, its pro-Islamist political activity should not be ignored.

http://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/presbyterian-church-teams-american-islamists#
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 10:45:07 pm »

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/newsletters/2013/newsletters20131021.htm#19
Presbyterian Church USA Teams Up With American Islamists

By Ryan Mauro
The Clarion Project
 (an out of house news source not related to Lighthouse Trails – posted for informational and research purposes)

The Church is an official interfaith partner with U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entities and supporters of Sharia for America.

A writer giving soft treatment to Islamists wouldn’t be a new development, but Ben Daniel isn’t just any writer. He’s the pastor of a church and his book was published by the Presbyterian Church USA. This church of 1.8 million has become an ally of Islamists.

Pastor Ben Daniel leads Foothill Presbyterian Church of San Jose and his book, The Search for Truth About Islam: A Christian Pastor Separates Fact from Fiction, was released on March 25 by the official publisher of the Presbyterian Church USA.

His book “explores what he calls ‘the American cult of fear,’ particularly as it relates to the rise of Islamophobia in the United States.”

Islamists have used the term “Islamophobia” to gain political influence and bash opponents – including ant-Islamists Muslims — long before the 9/11 attacks. Now, even Muslims are speaking out against the abuse of the term. Click here to continue reading.
http://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/presbyterian-church-teams-american-islamists?ModPagespeed=noscript
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 12:18:10 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 04:11:43 am »

Prayer Rooms for Muslim Students Are the Big New Thing at Christian Colleges Now

Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries are sending a number of students to U.S. universities ever since the United States greatly loosened restrictions put in place after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. This influx has meant the installation of Muslim prayer rooms at some schools the students attend. Two private, religiously affiliated schools are in the news this week for their prayer rooms: Texas Wesleyan University and the...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/03/prayer-rooms-for-muslim-students-are-the-big-new-thing-at-christian-colleges-now/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 04:44:45 am »

...“There’s been a growth of Muslim students across the country in Catholic universities,” explained UST theology professor Terence Nichols. “We take religion seriously, and they’re accepted.”

Afnan Alowayyid, a Muslim student at the Catholic liberal arts school, expressed gratitude for the accommodation. “They didn’t have to do this,” she observed...

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/03/prayer-rooms-for-muslim-students-are-the-big-new-thing-at-christian-colleges-now/#ixzz2mb04iB41

No, they didn't. Well, actually, they do, under pressure from the federal government to not discriminate.

I wonder just how accommodating they would be to some fundamentalist Christian students if they asked for their own prayer room at a Catholic university. They'd probably get expelled!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 05:30:43 am »

I wonder just how accommodating they would be to some fundamentalist Christian students if they asked for their own prayer room at a Catholic university. They'd probably get expelled!  Roll Eyes

They'd probably get murdered
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/15516/
Campus Chaplain Defends Muslim Prayer Room At Christian University

by Jennifer Kabbany - Associate Editor on December 4, 2013

FORT WORTH – The chaplain at a Christian university in Texas on Tuesday defended the university’s decision to set aside a room on campus for Muslim students to pray, saying it was the Biblical thing do to.

The Rev. Dr. Robert Kenji Flowers, chaplain at Texas Wesleyan University and also an adjunct world religion professor there, said in an interview with The College Fix that recent controversy over the room – which is a little over 1-years-old - came as a surprise to him. Debate over the room flared after a campus news report about the room was published last month.

“Like most schools that are called Christian institutions, historically we were aligned with a particular faith tradition, but through the years that affiliation has diminished,” he said. “It’s a misnomer in some ways to even say it’s a Christian university.”

As for the controversy surrounding its Muslim prayer room – which some have suggested illustrates the Islamification of America, the kowtowing of Christians to Muslims, and serves as an insult to the Christian traditions of the university - Flowers dismissed those claims as “far-right paranoia and misinformation.”

“Even to make that kind of assumption to me is misguided and it doesn’t represent my version of Christianity or that of a lot of people I know,” said Flowers, an ordained United Methodist minister and pluralist.

**Rick Warren pushes "religious pluralism", FYI.

“If we are Christian, should we not show love and hospitality to all people,” he said. “Even in the Old Testament, there is a commandment to show hospitality to strangers. That word stranger is interchangeable with foreign and alien. Even the Book of Leviticus says the foreigner in your land, you should treat them as a citizen, and treat them as you want to be treated.”

Texas Wesleyan University, founded by the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1890, opened the prayer room in 2012 in the campus fitness center. The room was set aside at the behest of the school’s Saudi Students Club. Flowers said there has been an influx of students from Saudi Arabia in recent years at the school.

“The reasons for this (prayer room) are twofold,” Flowers told The Rambler student newspaper in the Nov. 19 article that started the debate. “One, to show hospitality to our foreign students and, two, our campus needs to be open and tolerant of other faith traditions whether it is Islam, Hindu, Jewish, or otherwise.”

Students who use the prayer room wash their hands and feet in the gym’s bathrooms to comply with their cleansing rituals before prayer, but there is talk of late as to whether a different – possibly more reverent – area should be carved out for Muslim students, the paper reports.

Flowers said the university is in an urban setting – roughly 80 percent of its 3,000 or so students commute, so the prayer room is a gesture of courtesy. One the pillars of Islam is to pray toward Mecca five times throughout the day.

Flowers said about 200 Texas Wesleyan University students are Muslim, and use of the prayer room fluctuates. There is a window in the small room that faces east, toward Mecca.

The university’s website, regarding tolerance of other faiths, states: “In keeping with Methodist tradition, the university welcomes individuals of all faiths and is thoroughly inclusive in its practices.”

But not everyone supports the prayer room, the Christian News Network reports, citing in part an opinion in Freedom Outpost.

“Texas Wesleyan has dangerously aligned itself with Islam, not unlike most colleges across the United States. However, the Methodist affiliated private university, which doesn’t mean the school is Christian by any stretch of the imagination, is caving to sharia,” reporter Janna Brock wrote on Freedom Outpost. “All in the name of ‘interfaith’ worship, which is surely the most outrageous claim. Islam does not co-exist.”

The Christian News Network also pointed out a few online comments under the student newspaper article, including one which stated: “I am disgusted by this submission to Islam. What’s next, a room for Rastafarians? How about Voodoo? Santa Ria? Devil worshippers? You are supposed to be a Methodist university. What is wrong with this school?”

Another online commenter wrote: “I am appalled by this Methodist university. My great grandfather Gifford was a Methodist circuit rider minister. He is probably rolling in his grave.”

Flowers said he is “puzzled” by such comments.

“Hospitality is one of the things we should do for all students, particularly foreign students who are our guests,” he said. “It’s just the way we approach different faith traditions, whether it’s Islam or any other faith tradition.”
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 07:46:20 am »

Malaysia's Islamic authorities seize Bibles as Allah row deepens

Islamic authorities in Malaysia on Thursday seized 321 Bibles from a Christian group because they used the word Allah to refer to God, signalling growing intolerance that may inflame ethnic and religious tension in the Southeast Asian country.

The raid comes after a Malaysian court in October ruled that the Arabic word was exclusive to Muslims, most of whom are ethnic Malays, the largest ethnic group in the country alongside sizeable Christian, Hindu and Buddhist minorities.

That ruling overturned a court decision that allowed a Roman Catholic newspaper printed in Malay, the country's national language, to use Allah.

The change has heightened concern that religious authorities, which issue rulings for Muslims and operate alongside civil courts, now have more legal muscle.

Analysts say new rulings that affect non-Muslims could be a way of deflecting anger against Prime Minister Najib Razak's government from poor Malay Muslims over subsidy cuts likely to force up electricity, petrol and sugar prices.

On Thursday, the top Islamic authority in the richest and most populous state of Selangor seized the Malay-language Bibles from the Bible Society. The society said authority officials escorted two of its officials to a police station to make statements after which they were released on bail.

"We were told that we were under investigation for breaking a Selangor state law banning non-Muslims from using the word Allah," said Bible Society of Malaysia Chairman Lee Min Choon.

The raid is a marked escalation from the occasional seizure at border checkpoints of Bibles imported from Indonesia. It was the first time Islamic authorities have entered premises belonging to a Christian organisation to carry out a raid.

Christians from Malaysia's rural states of Sabah and Sarawak in Borneo, who have used the word Allah for centuries, have moved in droves to Selangor and other parts of peninsular Malaysia in recent years to look for work.

BAD ELEMENTS

The main political party within Najib's ruling coalition, the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), said its Selangor members would protest at all churches in the state on Sunday against unauthorised use of the word Allah.

"There are laws in Selangor and there was a decree by his Royal Highness the Sultan. So what they are doing is carrying out the Sultan's decree," Deputy Prime Minister and UMNO Deputy President Muhyiddin Yassin was quoted by media as saying.

"They are not doing anything against the law."

The Sultan of Selangor, one of nine sultans who serve in turn as titular Malaysian head of state, decreed last year that non-Muslims must refrain from using Allah in Bibles. He asked Muslims to unite against "bad elements" that misuse the word.

The increasingly assertive stand by holders of the largely ceremonial office show that Muslim leaders have become increasingly vocal about their role in defending Islam.

In 2010, arsonists firebombed several churches over the initial ruling that allowed the Catholic newspaper to use the Arabic word. Two Malay men were found guilty for setting fire to one of the churches. (Editing by Ron Popeski)

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/01/02/malaysia-religion-idINDEEA0106Z20140102

they used the word Allah to refer to God

Allah is the name of the Arabic pagan MOON god, and he had at least 2 daughters.

Allah - The Moon god

The Old Testament constantly rebuked the worship of the Moon-god (see: Deut. 4:19;17:3; II Kings. 21:3,5; 23:5; Jer. 8:2; 19:13; Zeph. 1:5, etc.) When Ancient Israel fell into idolatry, it was usually the cult of the Moon-god. As a matter of fact, everywhere in the ancient world, the symbol of the crescent moon can be found on seal impressions, steles, pottery, amulets, clay tablets, cylinders, weights, earrings, necklaces, wall murals, etc. In Tell-el-Obeid, a copper calf was found with a crescent moon on its forehead.

The pagan Arabs worshipped the Moon-god Allah by praying toward Mecca several times a day; making a pilgrimage to Mecca; running around the temple of the Moon-god called the Kabah; kissing the black stone; killing an animal in sacrifice to the Moon-god; throwing stones at the devil; fasting for the month which begins and ends with the crescent moon; giving alms to the poor, etc. The hard evidence demonstrates that the god Allah was a pagan deity. In fact, he was the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were his daughters.

The Muslim's claim that Allah is the God of the Bible and that Islam arose from the religion of the prophets and apostles. Islam is refuted by solid, overwhelming archaeological evidence.  Islam is nothing more than a revival of the ancient Moon-god cult.  It has taken the symbols, the rites, the ceremonies, and even the name of its god from the ancient pagan religion of the Moon-god.  As such, it is sheer idolatry and must be rejected by every born again Christian.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Islamic%20Muslim/moon_god.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 07:55:16 pm »

Christian Leaders Continue To Endorse "Chrislam"

A number of Christian leaders today are attempting to bridge the gap between Muslims and Christians.  While perhaps well intentioned, the foundation of this new mantra, often called Chrislam is that "we all worship the same God". 

At the heart of this movement and perhaps the most dangerous issue is that these Christian leaders suggest that because we use similar terms such as "God" and "Jesus" - there is a form of shared belief. 

What we mean by the words we use matters and when no one defines the terms we are using - deception can slip in (which is why lawyers will fill page after page of small print defining the terms in a contract). Whether intentional or not, many Christian leaders are leading their followers into believing Chrislam is acceptable. 

Some unfortunate examples:

Recently, Brian Houston of Hillsong Church in Australia, addressed his congregation with these words, "Do you know – take it all the way back into the Old Testament and the Muslim and you, we actually serve the same God. Allah to a Muslim, to us Abba Father God. And of course through history, those views have changed greatly. But lets make sure that we view God through the eyes of Jesus, the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the beauty of a Savior, the loving open inclusive arms of a loving God."

At President Obama's inaugural invocation in 2009, Pastor of Orange County, California's Saddleback Church, Rick Warren, cited several names for Jesus when leading the audience into the Lord's Prayer: "I humbly ask this in the name of the one who changed my life, Yeshua, Isa, Jesus [Spanish pronunciation], Jesus, who taught us to pray..."

While the context of Rick Warrens comments suggest he was attempting to bridge the gap of different names used for Jesus - his efforts show how easy is is for our words to cause confusion. To the Muslim, the "Isa" of the Qu'ran is very different than the Jesus of the Bible. The Qur’an’s Isa is not an historical figure. His identity and role as a prophet of Islam is based solely on supposed revelations to Muhammad over half a millennium after the Jesus of history lived and died.

Islam’s Qur'an does not portray the divinity of Jesus Christ, nor claim Him to be the only-begotten Son of God - Messiah - God in human flesh, nor state that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and resurrected from the dead, Islam denies the true gospel of Christianity – the core reason Jesus came to earth. This fundamental gap between Christians and Muslims cannot and should not be bridged or smoothed over with a watered-down doctrine for the sake of "brotherly love".

For a very detailed break down of the differences between Isa and Jesus please click here

In 2010, Larry Reimer, a minister of the United Church of Gainesville, FL, in response to a local Qur'an burning, chose to read scripture from the Qur'an as part of his worship services, adding, "Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all part of the Abrahamic tree of faith. We all believe in the same God, and in many aspects we are all trying to accomplish the same goals.”

We increasingly hear and read that Christianity and Islam ‘share’ Jesus, that he belongs to both religions. So also with Abraham: there is talk of the West’s ‘Abrahamic civilization’ where once people spoke of ‘Judeo-Christian civilization’. This shift of thinking reflects the growing influence of Islam.

Islam regards itself, not as a subsequent faith to Judaism and Christianity, but as the primordial religion, the faith from which Judaism and Christianity are subsequent developments. In the Qur’an we read that Abraham ‘was not a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a monotheist, a Muslim’ (Âl 'Imran 3:66). So it is Muslims, and not Christians or Jews, who are the true representatives of the faith of Abraham to the world today. (Al-Baqarah 2:135)

While housing the offices for "Christians and Muslims for Peace", Robert Schuller, pastor of Crystal Cathedral, began the movement toward softening the well-known words of Jesus in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Schuller told an Imam of the Muslim American Society that "if he came back in 100 years and found his descendants Muslims, it wouldn't bother him...."

Rev. Ann Holmes Redding, an Episcopal priest for over twenty years, dons her white collar of Episcopal priesthood on Sunday mornings, then ties on her black headscarf to pray with her Muslim group on Fridays, saying, "I am both Muslim and Christian". She sees compatibility in Islam and Christianity at the most basic level and has endorsed the Muslim teaching that all all true Christians will accept Islam:

Some Christians and Jews are faithful and believe truly. (Âl 'Imran 3:113,114) Any such true believers will submit to Allah by accepting Muhammad as the prophet of Islam, i.e. they will become Muslims. (Âl 'Imran 3:198)

Brian Mclaren, founding pastor of non-denominational Cedar Ridge Community Church in Baltimore, Washington, and a leading voice in the emergent church movement encouraged his congregation and other Christians through his blog to participate with Muslims in a Ramadan fast, which celebrates the month the Qu'ran was supposed to be sent down. 

Another leader in the Emerging Church movement, Dr. Tony Campolo, says he is not convinced that Jesus lives only in Christians, reasoning that an Islamic “brother” who has fed the hungry and clothed the naked clearly has a personal relationship with Christ, only he doesn’t know it.

A few years ago, Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church in Houston joined with Christian communities in Atlanta, Seattle, and Detroit to create a series of sermons designed to promote an ecumenical reconciliation between Christianity and Islam. Sunday School lessons on the same theme would center on the inspired teachings of the Prophet Mohammad, and Qu’rans and Bibles would be placed side by side in the church pews.

Ironically, a side by side comparison of the Bible and the Qu’ran would show two faiths that are the exact opposite.

The Jesus of the gospels is the base upon which Christianity developed. By Islamicizing him, and making of him a Muslim prophet who preached the Qur’an, Islam destroys Christianity and takes over all its history. It does the same to Judaism.

In the end times as described by Muhammad, ‘Isa becomes a warrior who will return with his sword and lance. He will destroy the Christian religion and make Islam the only religion in all the world. Finally at the last judgment he will condemn Christians to hell for believing in the crucifixion and the incarnation.

This final act of the Muslim ‘Isa reflects Islam’s apologetic strategy in relation to Christianity, which is to deny the Yeshua of history, and replace him with a facsimile of Muhammad, so that nothing remains but Islam.

Rather than trying to pretend we believe the same things - a frank and honest discussion about our differences would seem to make much more sense.

Many ministries are doing just that in a spirit of love but remain uncompromising on the teachings of the Bible. We highly recommend the site Answering Islam for a honest and intelligent conversation on the key differences between the Bible and the Qu’ran.

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2014/March20/201.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 10:33:11 am »

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL: Muslims, Presbyterians amicably resolve Easter egg crisis

A display of impressive common humanity and even more impressive common sense broke out over the weekend in Dearborn, Mich. after Muslim parent Majed Moughni complained about flyers handed out at public schools advertising an “Eggstravaganza!” Easter egg hunt to be held at a Presbyterian church.

According to The Arab American News, a local bilingual newspaper, the Detroit Free Press first reported that Muslim parents — plural — were upset about the flyer advertising an Easter egg hunt at the church.

Turns out, it was only one parent, Dearborn-based lawyer Moughni, who complained.

On Sunday morning, Muslim leaders in the Muslim community stood together in solidarity in front of the Cherry Hill Presbyterian Church in Dearborn.

Included in the delegation of Muslims were religious leaders, business leaders and representatives from a number of organizations including the Arab Civil Rights League and the American-Arab Anti Discrimination Committee.

Together with the Muslim leaders, Cherry Hill Presbyterian’s pastor, Neeta Nichols, denounced Moughni’s complaint about the Easter egg hunt. Nichols and the Muslim leaders also urged area Muslims to come to the Eggstravaganza!” and have their children participate.

The Muslim delegation donated $500 to the church. The money will go toward the purchase of even more eggs.

The Saturday, April 12 event will feature a traditional Easter egg hunt as well as an egg toss and a relay race.

The flyers for the event which had so offended Moughni were emblazoned with the word “Eggstravaganza!” They urged students to RSVP “to secure your free spot.” The associated imagery includes a festive bunny and some eggs.

Moughni had asserted that the flyers passed out at three Dearborn public schools violate the separation of church and state widely ascribed to the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause.

The local backlash was fast and furious after Moughni complained, notes The Arab American News. Local Muslims took to social media by the hundreds to condemn his puzzling stance against Easter egg hunts for kids—and to condemn the Detroit Free Press for publishing what they viewed as a misleading article in the first place.

http://news.yahoo.com/america-beautiful-muslims-presbyterians-amicably-resolve-easter-egg-052008061.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 07:02:14 pm »

The ‘brave German woman’ and Europe’s Islam question

Several are the important lessons learned from last year’s “Brave German Woman” incident.

Context: On November 10, 2013, a Muslim imam was invited to give the Islamic call to prayer inside the Memorial Church of the Reformation in the city of Speyer, Germany—a church dedicated to honoring Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation.

“When the brave German woman, whose real name is Heidi Mund, heard about the event, she prayed,” reports CBN News.  Not sure what she would do upon arrival, she grabbed her German flag emblazoned with the words “Jesus Christ is Lord” and headed for the concert:

“Until the imam started with his shouting [“Allahu Akbar!”], I did not really know what to do. I was just prepared for what God wants me to do,” she told CBN News.

Then the Muslim call to prayer began, and Heidi said she felt something rising up inside her.

“I would call it a holy anger,” she recounted. “And then I rose with my flag and I was calling and proclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord over Germany”…

And she repeated the words of Martin Luther in 1521 after he refused to recant his faith in scripture alone: “Here I stand. I can do no other” and “Save the church of Martin Luther!”

Video shows another concert-goer trying to calm her by saying, “This is a concert for peace.”

Mund can be heard responding in German, “No it’s not! Allahu Akbar is what Muslims scream while murdering people! Don’t be fooled! Don’t be fooled! This is a lie!”

She was thrown out of the church.

“They should have thrown the imam out and not me because I am a believer in Jesus Christ, but he serves another god. This Allah is not the same god. And this is not the truth.”

“This ‘allahu akbar,’ they use it when they kill people,” she argued. “This is, for me, worship to an idol, to their god. And when a Muslim calls ‘allahu akbar’ in a church, that means this church is not a church anymore, it’s a mosque.”

For more details on this story, check out CBN News’ various interviews and videos of and with Mund.

Now for some lessons concerning the significance of this anecdote:

Mund’s observations about the phrase “Allahu Akbar” are spot-on.  Islam’s war cry, signifying the superiority of Muhammad’s religion over all things, the takbir (“Allahu Akbar”), is habitually proclaimed in violent contexts, specifically attacking and slaughtering non-Muslims, whether beheading “infidels” or bombing churches.

Muhammad himself used to cry it aloud prior to attacking non-Muslim tribes that refused to submit to his authority and religion.

Accordingly, Mund’s outrage at hearing an Islamic imam hollering out Islamic supremacist slogans is justified.   Proclaimed in a church, “Allahu Akbar”—which in translation literally means “Allah is greater [than X]”—means “Allahu is greater than the Judeo-Christian God of the Bible, and Father of Christ.”

And assuming the imam proclaimed Islam’s credo or shehada as is standard in the Muslim call to prayer (that “there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger”) that too is tantamount to declaring that the biblical God is false, and the message (or Koran) delivered by Muhammad—which includes a denunciation of Christ’s divinity, death, and resurrection—is true (see for examples Koran 4:157, 4:171, 5:17, 5:116, 9:30-31, 19:35).

This is precisely what the vandal who earlier painted in Arabic the phrase “Allahu Akbar” across the door of another German church likely had in mind.

Yet despite all this, despite the fact that only two or three generations ago, almost every Christian would have been incensed to hear a Muslim shouting Islamic slogans that by nature contradict Christianity inside a church, Mund was chastised by fellow Christians for her stand and kicked out.

This speaks volumes about how far Western European nations have plummeted into a cesspool of moral relativism, where even in prominent churches Christian truths are attacked, and those who take a stand are ostracized for being “intolerant”; it speaks of the naivety and nihilism that predominate in the West; of the effects of years of brainwashing and indoctrination in the name of “multiculturalism,” crippling the ability to think rationally; of how political correctness has censored not only words but the ability for people to connect-the-dots in the quiet of their own minds.

There is, however, a flipside to all this: Mund’s video denouncing the imam “went viral,” says CBN News, signifying its appeal; and many who saw it interpreted her actions as “brave”—hence the appellation.  “Bravery” often refers to an act that, while laudable, few have the courage to do.  That this title is so naturally and widely applied to Mund suggests that there are many who agree with her; they just lack the same courage, or conviction, to take a vocal stand—hence why she is the “Brave German Woman.”

The fact is, beneath Western Europe’s nihilistic veneer, many there would agree with Mund’s sentiments.  Not all are sheep.  But due to the aforementioned forces—decades of indoctrination in militant secularism/atheism, multiculturalism, Christian-bashing, and political correctness—they are unable to articulate their grievance.

Yet, whether they are able to express it or not, they remain disgruntled at Muslim affronts and weak responses from European elites.

After all, Muslims hollering Islamic slogans inside European churches is not quite an infrequent phenomenon.  Last Christmas, the Chaplain of Royal Holloway University invited a veiled Muslim woman to read Koran verses during church service, again, despite the fact that the Koran contradicts the key tenets of Christianity.

Sometimes Muslims “invite” themselves to churches.  Thus, days ago, also in the UK, a Muslim man—“dressed like a terrorist” and wearing a bandana with the Arabic phrase, “Allahu Akbar”—entered a church during service and started yelling things like “this is rubbish, you should be preaching Allah, turn to Islam, we send boys of 10 to war.”

And last Easter in France saw a Muslim man dressed in traditional Islamic attire enter a church during mass, set up his carpet next to the altar and start reading the Koran.

This is to say nothing of the violent crimes and rapes Muslims are increasingly responsible for in Europe.

The point is, more and more Western Europeans are becoming disgruntled, even if most are not yet “brave” enough to show it, and even if the powers-that-be, including media and government, continue to downplay and suppress them.

Days ago, for example, Britain’s Liberty GB party leader Paul Weston was arrested and is facing up to two-years’ jail time simply for quoting Winston Churchill’s unflattering observations about Islam in public.

In short, time will tell whether the powers-that-be will allow legitimate criticism of Islam to vent in Europe, or whether they will continue to suppress it—until the simmering cauldron of discontent spills over in ways much more dramatic than quoting Luther or Churchill, as has happened all too often in European history.

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/05/12/the-brave-german-woman-and-europes-islam-question/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: