End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 08:24:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

NJ Teacher Probed by School District for 'Anti-Gay' Messages on Facebook

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NJ Teacher Probed by School District for 'Anti-Gay' Messages on Facebook  (Read 132 times)
akfools
« on: October 15, 2011, 11:13:25 pm »

NJ Teacher Probed by School District for 'Anti-Gay' Messages on Facebook

New Jersey school officials are currently investigating allegations that high school teacher Viki Knox posted anti-gay comments on her Facebook page, in which she describes homosexuality as "perversion" and complains about exhibits and events going on at the school during its celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history month, according to CBSNewYork.com.

The posts, which sparked a lengthy thread of debate among Facebook users, caught the attention of local attorney and former township councilman John Paragano, who subsequently alerted the school district with a copy of the thread and a letter explaining the need for Knox's dismissal from her position.

In the Facebook thread, Knox, who also serves as the faculty advisor to a prayer group at Union Township High School, posted a picture of a photo display in the hallway of the school of famous LGBT celebrities, commenting that she is "pitching a fit" that the display was still in the school.

At another point in her comments, Knox said, "Homosexuality is a perverted spirit that has existed from the beginning of creation. The Word of God refers to it often. That's if you believe the Word to be truly God's intended blueprint for his people."

While some users expressed approval of Knox's views, other Christians spoke out against the teacher's comments.

"You are kidding me!" said user Judy Greco Amorosa. "I heard about this post – What kind of Christian are you? God made each and every one of us – gay, straight, black, white, Christian, Jew, blond, brunette – and we should all love eachother (sic) – that is the Christian way."

The scandal comes at a time in which suicides as a result of gay-bullying in schools are making national headlines and catching the attention of politicians and celebrities, who agree that action must be taken to end the problem.

Just last month, 14-year-old Buffalo, N.Y., student Jamey Rodemeyer committed suicide because of bullying about his sexuality, which was later discovered through Youtube videos the teen posted in which he detailed the daily harassment he endured.

Last year, the death of Rutgers University freshman Tyler Clementi also captured national attention when he jumped off of the George Washington Bridge in New York, reportedly because two fellow students allegedly posted a secretly recorded video showing an intimate encounter taking place between him and another male.

Garden State Equality, New Jersey's largest civil rights organization, said it thinks Knox should lose her job over the comments because it could interfere with a recent New Jersey law put in place to ensure students are taught to treat each other with respect, regardless of backgrounds.

"It is one thing to hold anti-gay views – that's protected in America – but it would be another thing to vow to teach them in the classroom in a public school," said CEO and chair of Garden State Equality Steven Goldstein.

The issue of the possible violation of Knox's 1st Amendment rights also sparking much debate on the Web.

"So she is religious and made a statement that conforms to her beliefs. What's the big deal?" asked one reader on NJ.com. "Listen I am not against gay rights nor am I a religious person, but people saying what's on their mind and then being ridiculed for it has to stop. Why is it OK to speak out in support of gays but not OK to speak out against them?"

Knox noted in one lengthy Facebook comment: "I have friends and loved ones who are practicing/ living as homosexuals. Yes I love can care about them. We hug and exchange gifts. We have family dinners. But how they live and their actions, behaviors – CHOICES are against the nature and character of God!"

http://www.christianpost.com/news/nj-teacher-probed-by-school-district-for-anti-gay-messages-on-facebook-58108/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

akfools
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:46:50 pm »

NJ Teacher's Facebook Comments Spark Gay Rights Protest

Gay rights activists plan to protest at a New Jersey board of education meeting on Tuesday after a school teacher described homosexuality as a sin on her Facebook account. Though supporters of the teacher, Viki Knox, say her First Amendment rights should be protected, her opponents are calling on the school board to take away her job.
Related

According to the Facebook page for Garden State Equality, an organization dedicated to supporting gay rights, the protest is being organized to tell the school board in Union Township that “it is wrong for a teacher to spew anti-LGBT hatred on Facebook in her official capacity as a teacher.”

“Ms. Knox went out of her way several times in her vicious tirade to identify herself as a teacher and to communicate as a teacher, not as a private citizen,” said Steven Goldstein, the chair and CEO of GSE, in a comment posted on GSE's Facebook page. “And in the role of teacher on Facebook, she communicated her bile to students. That is the line she crossed here – that is why the school should take action.”

The controversy began when Knox, a special education teacher at Union High School, posted an image to her personal Facebook account of a display at the school which promotes the month of October as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month. She said she was “pitching a fit” over the display, and eventually sparked a debate for taking a stance against homosexuality.

In her comments Knox describes homosexuality a “perverted spirit” and a sinful lifestyle, saying, “I know sin and it breeds like cancer!”

A parent saw her comments and contacted local attorney John Paragano, who told the school's administrators he wants Knox fired for her “hateful public comments,” according to NJ.com. Knox's Facebook page was eventually taken down, but Paragano obtained a copy of the debate and submitted it to the school board for further examination.

Like us on Facebook

Chief School Administrator for the Township of Union Public School District, Patrick Martin, said the district is investigating the incident.

While many are quick to label Knox's position on homosexuality as hateful, she claimed she doesn't hate anyone.

“I love my family members and friends that practice alternate lifestyles but I do not condone or support their lifestyle,” she wrote, according to a copy of the Facebook debate posted on GSE's website.

“I do not deny them access to me or my home. Christ draws us all through a love so vast and encompassing that our human minds continue to fail to comprehend but it was still LOVE! I have no idea how the ADULTS saw my pic, read something I wrote and concluded I was hating and bashing.”

Kim Colby, senior legal counsel for the Christian Legal Society, told The Christian Post via email on Monday that Knox has a right to comment on the issue without being punished.

“Unfortunately some groups have decided that their political agenda is more important than the First Amendment,” Colby said. “The First Amendment must protect everyone’s right to express personal beliefs on controversial topics, or we all lose freedom of speech.”

Knox could not be reached for further comment concerning this issue.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/nj-teachers-facebook-comments-spark-gay-rights-protest-58358/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:22:16 am »

The ramifications of criticizing homosexuality

A New Jersey school board has taken a first step toward firing a Christian teacher who came under attack last fall for posting comments on her private Facebook page that were critical of the homosexual lifestyle.

Last October, when Union Township school teacher Viki Knox posted her objections to homosexuality on her Facebook page, a firestorm erupted and she was put on administrative leave (see earlier story). Now the school has filed tenure charges against her, which could lead to her permanent dismissal. Brad Dacus of the Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) warns that this situation could pave the way for the left to silence Christians.

"If these homosexual activists get their way, then anyone who is open about their Christian faith [is] fair game for being treated like this -- to be fired and labeled as a hate monger," he says.

Attorney and former councilman John Paragano recognizes that Knox is entitled to her public comments against homosexuality, but he argues that she is not entitled to keep her job after making those opinions known. Dacus, however, says that is un-American.

"Every American in this country, in a free society, should have the ability to express their moral beliefs or moral convictions without having to have the fear of being fired and losing their job, especially when that conviction is expressed on a private off-time social chat forum," the PJI president contends.

An administrative law judge assigned to the case will deliberate the matter, then recommend the action New Jersey's acting education commissioner should take.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1518260
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: