End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 02:17:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Survival Sales Jump Amid Worries of “Possible Collapse”

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Survival Sales Jump Amid Worries of “Possible Collapse”  (Read 478 times)
akfools
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:32:51 pm »

Survival Sales Jump Amid Worries of “Possible Collapse”

November 24th, 2011

What may be new to most Americans is nothing out of the ordinary for our readers. As the economic, financial and political situation around us becomes more dire by the day, people are realizing that if it hits the fan there will be no safety net to assist them. The government is already overwhelmed with nearly 50 million people on nutritional assistance and an estimated 100 million Americans living in or right on the edge of poverty. In a true emergency, be it economic in nature or an unforeseen outlier, there will simply be no way local or federal officials can respond to the needs of everyone in need, something FEMA has repeatedly warned about.

Among the many possible emergency and disaster scenarios, the one that stands out as the most likely is an economic collapse driven by vast amounts of government debt that will never be repaid and a US dollar that is likely on its last leg as the world’s reserve currency . The consequences, if and when we reach the tipping point, will be unlike anything Americans have experienced in recent history. Forecasts of the fall-out from these events include runs on the banks, gas shortages, disruptions to our food supply and commerce systems, and the potential for riots and bloodshed in the streets. By many accounts a hyperinflationary depression cannot be avoided.

According to a recent report from CBS, Americans sense something isn’t normal, and like the government who has been actively taking steps to prepare for an economic breakdown and civil unrest, they are taking their future into their own hands by stocking up on essential supplies like food, self defense weapons and ammunition, and emergency evacuation kits:

A chain of three stores that sells survival food and gear reports a jump in sales to people who are getting prepared for the “possible collapse” of society.

“We had to order fifty cases of the meals ready to eat to keep up with the demand in the past three months,” said manager Steve Dorsey at Uncle Sam’s Safari Outfitters Inc. in Webster Groves. “That’s not normal.  Usually we sell 20 to 30 cases in a whole year.”

Dorsey says business has been brisk since the spring uprisings in the middle east, as customers share concerns about political uprisings, the world economy and the future of the United States.

…

Dorsey says some customers talk of stocking up on freeze-dried meals for the home, while others confide they are stashing supplies at a remote location away from the city where they would go in an emergency.

“There are people that have property and they’ve set up different things they’re building to protect themselves like towers they can stand up and watch,” Dorsey said, “There’s a lot of people I’m dealing with who buy all kinds of stuff because they have like twenty or thirty people going in on this together and they’re all going to go to this one spot if something like this happens.”

Source: CBS

Though the number of Americans preparing for disaster is probably one in a hundred or less, one thing is for sure. Those who fail to prepare now will be wondering how they could have missed the signs once it all goes down – but by then it will be too late.

When it comes to preparedness and planning, it’s better to be a year early than to be a day late.

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/survival-sales-jump-amid-worries-of-possible-collapse_11242011
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:51:31 pm »

Yes, I know this is from Steve Quayle, but thought I would post this here-

November 30, 2011
Steve Quayle

The "red screen" will be the only page that comes up on my site. It will be my final posting and two week warning saying that the time has come to head to the hills or shelter in place. Once the red screen goes up I will post no more. The conditions that obviously will be apparent to everyone will be one of the following incidents or multiple incidents:

1.) Escalating nuclear tensions that are time stamped that ultimatums, such as country whatever has so many days to comply or face destruction

2.) Massive multi pronged attack on us troops in Afghanistan and Iraq on coordinated basis

3.) Massive Russian troop movements to their western border and on going military build up in Syria and Arctic region

4.) Massive earthquake on mid-Atlantic Trench and Ridge Region triggering East Coast tsunami

5.) Massive solar storm that result in multiple ongoing coronal events taking place on continual basis with increasing intensity

6.) Historic explosion of Anak Krakatau in Indonesia which will trigger simultaneous history breaking synchronized explosions of additional volcanic eruptions--think of it as the detonator

7.) Pakistan asks for red Chinese protection of their nuclear weapons and or India and Pakistan exchange nukes

8.) Bank holiday and riots breaking out on panic runs, first in Europe the spreading world wide and in the US

9.) Regional roadblocks resulting in the arrest and detention of patriots, gun owners and high profile assassinations of people critical of our new police state. Obviously should I, Hawk, Alex, Greg or any other well known radio personalities be murdered or suicided, you won't need us to tell you the lateness of the hour.

There are other factors which will facilitate its posting that I will not spell out. Consider also that an EMP attack may make the "red screen" impossible. I ask all believers who know how to pray and fast to intercede for wisdom and timing and that God will allow the two week warning to be in His time. Understand we must all look to Jesus for our individual leadings. Take this explanation to the Lord in prayer and cry out to Him with your whole heart.

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/11_Global/111130.alert.Steve.9.warning.signs.html

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:39:21 am »

Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 

Rev 22:20 , Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.   

Smiley
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:40:56 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: