End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:46:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

UK GOVERNMENT TO GIVE EVERY SCHOOL A KING JAMES BIBLE

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK GOVERNMENT TO GIVE EVERY SCHOOL A KING JAMES BIBLE  (Read 2527 times)
Lisa
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:19:12 am »

A bible is a thing of beauty: Gove to send one St James text to every school in move blasted as 'unacceptable waste of money'By Kirsty Walker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2066332/A-bible-thing-beauty-Gove-send-St-James-text-school-blasted-unacceptable-waste-money.html

Last updated at 12:42 AM on 26th November 2011

Comments (13) Share
The Prime Minister will send every school in Britain a copy of the King James Bible – complete with a foreword by the Education Secretary Michael Gove.

Mr Gove said the Bible was the most ‘important book written in the English language’ and had major cultural and historical significance. 

But the move is highly controversial with non-religious groups condemning it as an unacceptable waste of public money.

Michael Gove called the Bible the most 'important book written in the English language'
Critics also mocked the project on Twitter with former Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott describing it as Mr Gove’s ‘vanity project’.

The Department for Education confirmed that the Bibles will be sent out to over 20,000 schools to mark the 400th anniversary of it translation.

Supporters said the book will help school pupils of all faiths to take pride in the history and culture of Britain.

More...Gove's drive to restore school standards is the best answer to the youth jobless crisis
Jamie Oliver slams education minister for 'eroding' healthy school meal standards he fought to improve
Restore elitism to our schools: Gove takes on education establishment in passionate rallying cry for a return to traditional teaching values

Government ministers have always been careful to avoid controversies surrounding religion with Tony Blair’s former communications chief Alastair Campbell famously once declaring: ‘We don’t do God’.

But Mr Gove said: ‘It‘s a thing of beauty, and it‘s also an incredibly important historical artefact. It has helped shape and define the English language and is one of the keystones of our shared culture. And it is a work that has had international significance’.  The third official translation of the Bible into English, also known as the Authorised Version, was commissioned by the Protestant King James I in 1604.

It was completed by 54 scholars working on Hebrew and Greek manuscripts in Oxford, Cambridge and Westminster. It became the official version used by the Church of England and was spread around the world along with the British Empire.

It's a vanity project: John Prescott was quick to criticise Gove's plans
But its popularity has also endured because of the poetry and the majesty of its language, with many of its original phrases entering popular conversation. 

Among the most famous coinages in its 66 books are ‘the powers that be’, ‘the apple of his eye’ and ‘the writing on the wall’.

But Mr Prescott took to Twitter to mock the Mr Gove’s decision to write the foreword.

He said: ‘And Gove gave unto 20,000 schools a bible that cost £10 a piece and the taxpaper wasted £200,000 on a vanity project.’

Other jibes by Mr Prescott included: ‘Hello @god Just wondered if you were happy with Michael Gove writing a foreward to your book?’

A DfE spokeswoman said: ‘We want all pupils to be able to access and understand the great literary and historical heritage of our nation.

‘As many people have noted - from former Poet Laureate Andrew Motion to the director of the British Museum Neil MacGregor - the King James Bible continues to shape our culture.”
She added: ‘It will help pupils - of any faith or none - understand and take pride in the history and culture of this country.

‘It will enable them to recognise the origins of our language, appreciate where the familiar phrases of our literature come from, and understand the roots of our democracy.’
 NSS president Terry Sanderson said tens of thousands of pounds could be saved by putting a statement on the DfE website about the 400th anniversary of the translation
But the National Secular Society (NSS) suggested that the Department for Education could put a message on its website and save ‘tens of thousands of pounds’.
NSS president Terry Sanderson said: ‘It’s not as if Bibles are in short supply in schools. But if Mr Gove intends to go ahead with this, will he also please ensure that a copy of On the Origin of Species is sent out on Darwin Day?

‘This book is much harder to find in schools and would be in line with his policy of promoting science and evidence-based education. I’m sure that he could write an excellent foreword to this too.’

Richy Thompson, campaigns officer at the British Humanist Association, added: ‘Either the Government is funding this initiative itself at a time when it is making severe cuts elsewhere, or the Church is finding it but using the Government as a vehicle through which to promote Christianity - both are unacceptable.’
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:28:37 am »

it would all depend on what kind of KJB. Its is almost impossible to find a modern KJB that hasnt been corrupted.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Lisa
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:06:14 am »

I couldnt help thinking.

Wow praise the Lord-even a corrupted KJV has the good news and 99.999 % carries the uncorrupted word.
I dont put that much store in the corrupted version issue-yes i know its a problem, not sure my KJV is 100% pure-But the Lord speaks to me through it powerfully. The Holy spirit is the real translator.

L
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:20:32 am »

Rat poison is 99.999 % good food.

just saying...
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 08:27:50 am »

Or this could be yet another ploy by TPTB to discredit the KJV. I don't believe for one minute that the draconian public school system has good intentions with this.

Recently the British Royal family, Rowan Williams(England's Luciferian Anglican minister), and the Vatican honored the KJV. And now the public school system? Who's next? The Emergent Church? The Church of Satan? Do you see where this is going?

Satan knows his time is REALLY running short.

As for me(in response to Lisa), the first KJV I got hold of and read 2 years ago was from American Bible Society - it was a decent one, however, they tried to redefine some of the words(while putting the original words in the back of the bible, and reference them to the ones they redefined), and they also lied about the lineage of the Alexandrian texts. It was several months later when someone on the previous message forum showed me DA Waite's and Local Bible Publishers bibles, which was when I got DA Waite's.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 12:34:32 pm »

But you dont know that this is the case at all-you are assuming that this is the case.

I am pleased that someone in the government of my country is going to supply the KJV to schools-and that the liberal aethistic crowd are chuntering-there really is no further story than that. Yes its possible that there will be a bad motive or twist to the tail-but without further knowledge all one can say is. Awesome. The education minister is church of scotland by origin-I know no more about his soul or his intention. But what i know of this story-wouldnt you be gob smacked if Obama was to order this?Huh

Im not going to get all spaced out about government-we know that its of the enemy as a generalisation. But just as there are Christians in every walk of life-its possible that this is Gods man-i dunno. Watch this space.

L
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 03:15:12 am »

The Prime Minister will send every school in Britain a copy of the King James Bible – complete with a foreword by the Education Secretary Michael Gove.

This sounds like good news!!! Smiley

Well whatever the motive is to give out the Bibles this has to be a step in the right direction - right? and the opposition to this proves that Satan doesn't want the Bibles to go out. I mean Satan could just get these humanists to laugh and say that the Bibles will do no harm to Satan's power but Satan has attacked it. I was thinking is this news in other newspapers?

And it is easy for God to use a Prime Minister to give out Bibles, maybe there is a poor soul out there in England who needs to hear the word of God! Would God do all this just for one person? I think He could. I mean Satan gets alot of credit for doing things in this world but we also have to look at what God can do and discuss the possibilities. God's thoughts are not our thoughts. His ways are much higher and holier.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 03:59:27 am »

Government backing the distribution of religious text? And nobody here sees a problem with that?

Look at it from a non-Christian perspective. That would never fly here in the US. Government cannot promote religion, period. That is a good thing in the sense that they can't be pushing any religion, event he false ones.

You open the door for one religious text, and they all have to be considered. Next thing you know the government will be distributing Hindu, Islamic, or satanic texts, all in the spirit of not discriminating.

Government needs to stay out of religion, period.

I personally don't see this give away as actually being done. I don't think it will be allowed, and if it is, then I'm thinking the "bible" they get will be a perverted one.

Then there is the whole question of who is going to be upset; Cambridge or Oxford!

Yeah, I smell a rat!
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:08:41 am »

Maybe this is the beginning of allowing other religious texts, the Koran?  Torah?  It could be their way of then collaborating all three into one; isn't the UK where Blair is from and whom wishes to do such a thing?  I thought there were articles on this, let me know if I am mistaken, where he met with the Pope or something, the Pope, who also is now welcoming to Islam and Jewish leaders.   Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 08:20:53 am »

sounds plausible enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 08:25:35 am »

I have to agree with Mark, Kilika, and Believer on this - here's another example I go through with...when I try to expose Billy Graham and Rick Warren as wolves to others, the responses I generally get are, "But the gospel message is still getting out by them". Yes, this is true, HOWEVER, they don't see the DARK side to these guys(ie-those attending Graham crusades ended up getting shown to Catholic Churches and other liberal denominations, and those following Warren end up getting sucked in by his poison).

This is how I see the situation with the OP - what kind of KJVs the government will be giving these kids, I don't know, but don't bet on the government showing these kids the true gospel. They may give them these bibles, but really, do you expect these ungodly people to witness properly to these kids?

"Trojan Horse" is more like it.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 03:00:42 am »

And each school only gets one Bible?

Mr Gove said the Bible was the most ‘important book written in the English language’ and had major cultural and historical significance.

Well he is right there but are students just going to stare at the Bible or will they read it?
Report Spam   Logged
Jim
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 05:19:58 am »

God is on the throne is He not. We can pray the Lord will use the bibles that get distributed for His Glory and that at least one person will come to Christ and be saved from them. Is that not enough?

Can God not use something ill intended by man to further His will?

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; [but] God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as [it is] this day, to save much people alive.
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 01:01:15 pm »

God is on the throne is He not. We can pray the Lord will use the bibles that get distributed for His Glory and that at least one person will come to Christ and be saved from them. Is that not enough?

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; [but] God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as [it is] this day, to save much people alive.

Indeed He can, Jim!!  He can use these bibles to save, as well as, usher in all that prophecy foretells about the end times' world religion.  His will be done!
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 04:29:26 pm »

"What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice." Philippians 1:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 03:11:55 am »

Indeed He can, Jim!!  He can use these bibles to save, as well as, usher in all that prophecy foretells about the end times' world religion.  His will be done!

Yeah! The God i believe in can do miracles!! When you cant understand it He (God) can! Yes God's Will Amen
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 08:00:25 am »

KJV recognized in Britain

A nondenominational Christian charity is pleased that every state school in England will be receiving a copy of the King James Bible to mark the 400th anniversary of its translation.

British Education Secretary Michael Gove is sending the King James Version of the Bible to primary and secondary schools because he says it is an incredibly important historical artifact that has helped shape and define the English language. According to Mike Judge, head of communications at The Christian Institute in Britain, that distribution has seen little disapproval.

"There has been lots of initiative taken in Britain to celebrate 400 years of the King James Bible. I think it's wonderful that the secretary of state for education in Britain is able to send a Bible," Judge comments. "And even though there are some who have criticized him, on the whole, it's been warmly welcomed."

Critics argue that schools are awash with Bibles, and they have urged the secretary to instead send out copies of Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species. The Christian Institute spokesman, however, disagrees.

"This is a welcome development in the face of aggressive secularism, which has driven Christianity to the margins in Britain," he contends. "This actually is symbolic, not just about Christian heritage, but of a signal to Christians that they are welcome in Britain and that they still form part of public life."

Secretary Gove is appealing to private donors to cover the £375,000 to fund the project.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=1493194
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 01:42:16 pm »

Which KJV are they getting? Cambridge and Oxford both have a legal claim in Britian under crown copyright.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 03:20:16 am »

British Education Secretary Michael Gove is sending the King James Version of the Bible to primary and secondary schools because he says it is an incredibly important historical artifact that has helped shape and define the English language.

That is what i'm wondering too, is this Michael Gove smart enough to know that there are different KJV's ?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: