End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 06:15:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

My PC has a rather slow connection...

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My PC has a rather slow connection...  (Read 178 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »

Kilika, if you don't mind me posting this snippet from a thread you made today(in Moderator's forum)...

He claimed he basically only copy/pastes because of a slow connection speed, so I sent him a pm saying I had a solution to that, by using notepad to write whatever reply, and it takes no bandwidth as it works offline. So he could write a reply to the article, and then copy/paste the whole thing.
No, I am NOT trying to rehash an issue that came to us earlier, but the reason why I'm posting this particular snippet is b/c I myself has a slow connection speed(largely b/c my PC is getting old).

No, I don't have an issue with the speed(as we're supposed to be content with the things we have), however, there are times where my minimal window may not allow me to take more time to copy and paste things, so therefore I'm not able at times to be a good Borean and search out/delete out anything from the links that are false doctrine.

Kilika and everyone else, could you explain by what you meant here? Copy onto notepad and go offline? I don't understand. Thanks!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:12:14 pm »

I myself has a slow connection speed

Well, I "has" a fast connection!  Grin

If you "have" a slow connection, there are two things to do first, one is to empty your temorary internet files, and the other is to run an antivirus/adware/malware application. Usually a slow speed is due to some junk that found its way in your pc, and it usually is running in the background as a process in someway, thereby taking up resources, thus slowing you down. You would be effectively using more bandwidth than you realize other than it being slower to respond.

The other is to defrag your hard drive every few months. More if you have a lot of use, downloading, using various apps, etc. More activity will cause files to get dumped in random places on the hard drive, thus you "defragment" it to get all those peices of files back together, so that the drive doesn't have to search as much to find what it needs. It takes a while for it to complete, so plan on a nap or a sandwich! The larger the drive, the longer it will take.

While we are to be content with such things as we have, if something isn't working as designed, that's a problem, and true, we can decide to do nothing about it, but what's the point of having something to use if it doesn't work as designed? The point is that it's okay in my opinion to see if something is broke if it's not working properly.

Consider this...would you be content if you somehow managed to drop your bible in a mudpuddle and the pages got all coated with mud? I suspect you'd do something to correct that situation, like get a new bible. But it is up to the individual as to how they are being content I guess.

I say if there is something wrong with your pc, try to fix it, or get rid of it. No big deal, as we use this world and not abuse it...

"And they that use this world, as not abusing [it]: for the fashion of this world passeth away." 1 Corinthians 7:31 (KJB)

So you do have issue with the time allowed to edit posts? Should it be longer? We can do that if needed.

As for Notepad...

What I was talking about is that when posting online, obviously your online and subject to the connection speed you have. He claimed he didn't do any post commenting really because he had a slow speed, so I came up with a way to beat that, and it is by using Notepad to research whatver, write it in Notepad, find your verses you want to share, etc. It's all done offline, you don't use Notepad online. It's a text editor, used commonly for editing programming stuff, and opening various files to view the code and edit. Just a basic text editor that recognizes various file types, that's all.

So it can be used to edit a post offline, that way you can take whatever time you want, save it, and return later to keep working on it. Just paste into Notepad whatever you want to reply to so you can then go offline and not even be logged into the site thus no connection issues, and still work on a reply to a thread. By offering that info to Jim, I eliminated his reason for posting stuff without commentng on it so people wouldn't know whether he supported the material or not. He didn't like that! He had no excuse anymore and decide to blow up instead. Busted!

Of course the same thing can be done with MS Word. But Notepad comes with Windows, it's free.

Another option is to get the free "Open Office". I use it. A little different than Word, but it works fine. It's actually a package of apps, like powerpoint, excel, etc stuff, just like MS Office.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: