End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:51:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Help!!!!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!!!!  (Read 2822 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:00:24 pm »

Remember the Korean missionary in Israel I talked to you guys about awhile back?

Well, he came back(unexpectedly) tonight, and came to our house, and guess what - somehow, he had this prophecy that I have alot of darkness in my heart b/c of my fearfulness, and b/c of this I have no love of God inside of me.

OK...what about this passage he may have forgotten?

Joh 3:15  That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Or how about this?

Eph 1:6  To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Eph 1:7  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Eph 1:8  Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Eph 1:9  Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
Eph 1:10  That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Eph 1:12  That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Or how about this?

Act 8:35  Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Act 8:36  And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:37  And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Huh! So what hindered the eunuch was his UNBELIEF that Jesus Christ is the Son of God? Doesn't this Acts passage above match the John 3:16 one?

Or how about Peter? Didn't Jesus at one time call him Satan when Peter complained about Jesus being crucified coming to pass shortly? Didn't Peter deny Jesus 3(or was it 2) times out of fearfulness? Look what happened with Peter!

Seriously, I just didn't know what to do, except to pray to God to help me while he prayed over me, saying for the darkness to get out of me, etc, etc. It's as if he was telling me I'm not saved b/c God revealed to him that I have alot of darkness and fearfulness in me.

What about us having trouble in the flesh b/c no good thing dwelleth in our flesh?? SHOULDN'T THAT COUNT TOO? Yes, I will admit, there are a few anxieties I am dealing with, so does that mean I lost my salvation?? Does this mean I wasn't saved to begin with?? What about David's trouble in the flesh and his anxieties he layed out in Psalms??

Please guys, I need your feedback on this! No, he doesn't call himself an Apostle or anything, but he still comes across acting like one(as he acts like his prayers can heal sickenesses et al to others).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:18:54 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:16:06 pm »

Please guys, I need your feedback on this! No, he doesn't call himself an Apostle or anything, but he still comes across acting like one(as he acts like his prayers can heal sickenesses et al to others).
Ask him to show you from scripture that you have no love of God in your heart.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 03:15:15 am »

He has a prophecy for you? Does that make him a prophet Roll Eyes i think not.

He should read this scripture and think about it alot before he makes such a judgment about your heart (which he cannot read):

1 Corinthians 13:
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.    
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I dont know all about your heart but i have seen from your posts here that you dont have a dark heart nor do you come across as fearful.

Dont trust this assessment from him about you, you are saved and you know it and even if you doubt it God sent His Son the Lord Jesus to die on a cross for you sins and that is Fact and you know it and your saved.

Hebrews 13:
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

John 10:
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Maybe this prophet dude has forgotten this commandment from the 10 commandments:

Exodus 20:
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:20:29 am »

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1 (KJB)

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18 (KJB)

"But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 (KJB)

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:40:26 am »

Remember the Korean missionary in Israel I talked to you guys about awhile back?

Well, he came back(unexpectedly) tonight, and came to our house, and guess what - somehow, he had this prophecy that I have alot of darkness in my heart b/c of my fearfulness, and b/c of this I have no love of God inside of me.

Seriously, I just didn't know what to do, except to pray to God to help me while he prayed over me, saying for the darkness to get out of me, etc, etc. It's as if he was telling me I'm not saved b/c God revealed to him that I have alot of darkness and fearfulness in me.

What about us having trouble in the flesh b/c no good thing dwelleth in our flesh?? SHOULDN'T THAT COUNT TOO? Yes, I will admit, there are a few anxieties I am dealing with, so does that mean I lost my salvation?? Does this mean I wasn't saved to begin with?? What about David's trouble in the flesh and his anxieties he layed out in Psalms??

uhm, maybe i missed it, but just what was the prophecy? The guy seems kind of dodgey to me, talking about darkness, just what is that? And fear? Are we not to fear the God?

Jhn 3:18    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

woops...
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 08:47:45 am »

Thank you guys, again - just FYI, here's more I learned from this missionary...

1) He said last night that when we get to heaven, God will commend us for giving money to his missionary ministry.

2) I can't remember the exact words, but a couple of times he commended himself for his works.

3) He elaborated how many, many Muslims(and Jews too) were converted, and said how he's helped build church buildings for them.

4) He said he's somehow in an area in the ME(Israel/Jordan) where it's safe for Christians, where many other areas they are being persecuted.

IOW, I find it odd how he doesn't seem to get one nil of persecution where he's at. I mean not even a slap in the face.

Also, my mom told me this morning how he said there's been a DEVIL inside of me for many, many years until last night when he saw me, and how this devil got quieted when I was in a room with them.

I know I might be asking dumb questions here, but once you are SAVED, you don't have to worry about being demon possessed and having devils inside of you?(Of course, there's always the "falling away" ala the contempletive prayer abominations the Emergent Church is pushing) This is what he pretty much said I have, and I am very disappointed my mom thinks he's telling the truth. I'll be honest and say I've been pretty testy at her over this this morning. Plus we've discussed the Lordship salvation heresy here, which what this guy preaches just EEKS with.

Guys, I'm sorry for bringing this up, I know I should know better, and reading the book of Galatians this morning helped me feel better. However, it rattled me since last night.

As for this missionary dude, it's as if he just popped up unawares at one of the Korean churches in the metroplex. Now my mom's best friend's son is with him in Israel doing missionary work.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:31:27 pm »

I found out 2 more things today about this guy...

1) I didn't catch it last night, but he told my dad that God revealed to him(my dad that is) is truely a righteous man.

Didn't the book of Proverbs specifically warn to NOT flatter other people? So why would God tell any of her servants to do so like this Huh

Pro 29:5  A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet.

2) At my mom's church, people were lining up to him asking for certain prayers.

IOW, they were putting this man up on a pedestial...you mean they just couldn't PRAY TOGETHER as a CONGREGATION Huh So there's some rule in God's book that only a specific few has prayers powerful that will help others, while others are left at the dust?

Doesn't the Roman Catholic Church system DO THIS??

This guy is really screaming Jesuit to me - I even had an argument with my mom this all morning. She was like "shame on you for saying things like this about a man of God!".

I just thank our Lord Jesus Christ for having his WORD backing us!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 08:52:24 pm »

hmmmm...

Luk 16:15  And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:09:13 am »

maybe he's the one with the demon and the demon is the one giving him these messages....you ever feel like other people especially those who don't claim to be Christian that they have demons and that when these individual see you their demons coerce them to mess with you?...like ur being targeted because there is a light in you?...not that we're holier than other people but sometimes i get that when i go to the store or something and then people would seem to go out of their way to mess with me....
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 03:08:17 am »

2 Peter 1:
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I know I might be asking dumb questions here, but once you are SAVED, you don't have to worry about being demon possessed and having devils inside of you? (Of course, there's always the "falling away" ala the contemplative prayer abominations the Emergent Church is pushing)

It depends on what you mean by demon possession, i mean Peter publicly denied Jesus 3 times was that demon possession?

If you had a devil inside of you wouldn't you be cursing Jesus or stopping people preaching or get in a rage with everyone? I dont hear you doing that. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 03:16:01 am »

I believe that a born-again Christian cannot be possessed by any other spirit but that of God. When we are drawn away of our own lusts and enticed, that's on us, not some demon. Influenced by, messed with, harassed, sure. Possessed? Nope. I don't believe it is possible. Here's why...

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
pavelow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 02:59:38 pm »

I believe that a born-again Christian cannot be possessed by any other spirit but that of God. When we are drawn away of our own lusts and enticed, that's on us, not some demon. Influenced by, messed with, harassed, sure. Possessed? Nope. I don't believe it is possible. Here's why...

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12 (KJB)

Amen Kilika! The Holy Spirit lives in us and would not share His space with a demon!
Sounds like some real spiritual warfare going on to me. BA2, put on God's armor, and hit your knees!
Report Spam   Logged

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 03:11:46 am »

This article is interesting and worth reading:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer's%20Corner/Doctrines/demon_possession.htm

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 03:26:37 am »

Agreed, people need to see what stuff is being preached at that site!

Practically all will agree Satan has access to every believer from the outside to tempt him and appeal to his self-will, in effort to make him useless for the Lord. Else why would the Bible warn believers to "resist the Devil" (James 4:7) and "neither give place to the Devil" (Eph. 4:27)? However, few will allow Satan's power to go so far as a devil actually indwelling or possessing a believer. Granted, the thought of a foreign spirit controlling a Christian's body and mind for destruction and evil is one of the most harrowing thoughts one could imagine and no sensible believer would want such a thing to occur, but what are the facts? Is it possible? To find the truth we must ignore all emotional appeals and simply examine the biblical facts.

Over the years, while reading and discussing demon possession with other Christian's, your author has found many are repulsed by even the suggestion that a Christian may be susceptible to demon possession. They talk as if one is extremely ignorant or even demented to even think such a thing, but when asked for their biblical proof that it is not possible, their position becomes desperate. They simply cannot produce a passage or verse that PROVES their argument, yet they still cling to their belief.

Over the years your author has found that all the arguments against demon possession of Christians are either based purely on emotion or on a misapplication of Scripture. You may be thinking, "Are you saying a Christian can be demon possessed? No, I didn't say that. What I am saying is there is no place in the Bible that conclusively says Christians can't be possessed. But, on the contrary, there are passages that seem to indicate (though not conclusively prove) that demon possession of believers CAN occur.

When asked for reasons why they think Christians can't be demon possessed one will usually hear, "It's not possible for the Holy Spirit and a demon to dwell in the same body," "It is unthinkable to believe the Holy Spirit would let a devil in a Christian's body, which is God's temple," A born again believer has been redeemed by the blood of Christ and because of that no devil can indwell him," etc., etc. But such arguments are purely emotional without a single Bible verse to stand on. These people have convinced themselves of something that is not true because of the repulsiveness of the question, but emotion and feelings do not make "sound doctrine."

I'm sorry, but this person is an idiot! He claims there is no verses to back the claim, when I already posted one verse, and there are several more I can post.

More and more I'm seeing churchianity bs false doctrines come from that site. If this person actually knew how to read the bible, he'd know Jesus Himself says it's not possible!

Do you agree with that article Christian40?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 12:53:06 pm »

As for David Stewart's JIS web site, I like it, but like Kilika says, we need to search and test all things. My only gripe about that site is that he posts articles from Henry Makow. Makow claims to be a Jew(he's also not a Christian), however, his columns are very anti-semetic(and he's married to a Roman Catholic).

Anyhow, I have a question for you guys - during that guy's prayer over me to "rid my demons et al" on Sat, he told me to breath in and out...I found this very odd b/c isn't this a technique the New Age gurus teach?(the inhaling deeply, and exhaling) I resisted in doing so, however, I found this odd. As we all know, the New Age movement is a front for the Jesuits/Vatican.

Will get back to posting regularly on Thurs evening(found a rare time to post here) as I'm tied up now.
Report Spam   Logged
seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 02:04:24 pm »

don't let him lay hands on you bornagain. ... i am very suspicious of people to claim to have received a message from God, while they may have received a messag,e from where I don't know but there is one sure way to test them and thats if any of what he/she said did not come true. they have to be 100% accurate.  i met someone who said God 'revealed' to him in order to win an argument. typical. i mean you don't want to argue against God, and if u say God told you in a special dream or something. but time will tell.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 03:27:19 am »

Agreed, people need to see what stuff is being preached at that site!

I'm sorry, but this person is an idiot! He claims there is no verses to back the claim, when I already posted one verse, and there are several more I can post.

More and more I'm seeing churchianity bs false doctrines come from that site. If this person actually knew how to read the bible, he'd know Jesus Himself says it's not possible!

Do you agree with that article Christian40?

Well when i read that article i had doubt. He didn't prove that demon possession of a believer can occur. However from my own experience i believe that devils can influence a Christian as punishment from God. I mean if a Christian gets involved in witchcraft and does it deliberately i think God could allow devils to influence that Christian for a bit so that Christian gets to know not to sin against the Holy God.
When i started this poison medication i started thinking bad thoughts against God and i couldn't stop it. Like in one place i spent 30 minutes or more just thinking bad things about God, the thoughts just came into my head, i couldn't stop it. This went on for a few months. In fact i would have been better of dead to tell you the truth. Why did it occur? Because i was being a sinner and sinning God allowed it to occur. I was playing video games and listening to a false teacher at the time on the Internet. There is a witchcraft element with drugs in the psychiatric industry as Dr Johnson pointed out. I believed i was saved at the time because i still read the KJV Bible, but my mind was a mess! Thankfully God stopped the experience it just stopped one day after prayer! I dont play video games or listen to false teachers now.
Report Spam   Logged
seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 07:35:40 am »

yes i believe demons can harrass and hang around but not possess. i know it is my fault that demons try and influence me, i keep opening up the door.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 09:23:49 pm »

Thought I would share this with everyone-

Was wondering if everyone has these similar experiences - there are times when I'm in front of my computer, and some big temptations come unto me. No, I will not go into detail, but I will say this...when they do come and these devils tell me how I can give into this and that, ALMOST IMMEDIATELY passages of scripture I've been reading(and the Holy Spirit has guided me through) just brings to my remembrance. For example, when I have lustful desires come upon me, passages warning about idolatry, staying away from the lusts of the flesh, adultery, you name it just talk in my ear and head.

I mean this is how much our Lord is loving and merciful. No, he's not going to stand back and say it's OK for us to give into these sins every now and then and give us a free pass on it, but again, he WANTS US to STRAY AWAY from these things. Just gave you an example over how the Lord would just remind me numerous bible passages when the temptation hits. And guess what, today IT WORKED! Ended up straying away from my lusts b/c the Lord PREVENTED me to do so!

Pt being that WHY in the world would we need SOME MAN do some prayer first and foremost to get rid of all these lusts and spiritual demons or whatever from us, when we as Christians have the WORD OF GOD guarding our backs??

2Pe 1:12  Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

1Co 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

And don't these "men of God"/"prophets" know that our FLESH is WEAK, and there's NO GOOD THING that dwelleth in our flesh? But somehow these men are exempt from having a weak flesh b/c they are holier than everyone else?? SHAME ON THEM!

I don't know, but maybe next time he comes, I'm thinking about just literally throwing him out the door. Seriously, I can't tell you how angry I am how he tried to get me to inhale/exhale deeply, which is a YOGA/NEW AGE practice. Angry At least I didn't give in, but I wished I had run out the door with my bible and yelled, "May the Lord Jesus Christ rebuke you devil!".
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 02:54:42 am »

1Co 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

And i was thinking about the same thing during the previous post, similar minds think the same Brother! Smiley

I don't know, but maybe next time he comes, I'm thinking about just literally throwing him out the door. Seriously, I can't tell you how angry I am how he tried to get me to inhale/exhale deeply, which is a YOGA/NEW AGE practice.

Yes he should leave your house and leave you alone, we have to be tough on people at times, they call it tough love. And this person should know better, they are just trying to take advantage of you, it has happened to me too, where lost people and even Christians want me to do this or that saying how wonderful it is and encourage me and i look for an excuse that i cannot do it and they look puzzled but they will know i'm a Christian but they are still puzzled.

And don't these "men of God"/"prophets" know that our FLESH is WEAK, and there's NO GOOD THING that dwelleth in our flesh? But somehow these men are exempt from having a weak flesh b/c they are holier than everyone else?? SHAME ON THEM!

I pray too that such people will be exposed!

I dont know what temptation will come to me next but the main thing is to be alert because the devil can tempt you or try to make you angry at anytime of the day. The devil will attack you when your tired, when your busy, hungry, the main thing is it is going to come to test Christians but there is a way out and after experience you know that it is that devil again and i'm not going to do any sin or let it ruin my day as that is the just the job of the devil. I mean i dont know about you but i can laugh and be joyful even after a bit of rough stuff because the Lord Jesus is still helping me and i'm a citizen of heaven and the future is very bright!
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 03:00:40 am »

Well BA, it's just conformation that Jesus did in fact give us a way to escape that we may be able to bear it. Thank you Jesus.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 11:47:42 pm »

Well, don't mean to beat a dead horse with this, but if this "missionary" claims to have been (pretty much)been given powers by God to say prayers to heal people et al, then why isn't he going to Capitol Hill and doing the same to all of these witch-brewed abortion clinics? Or why isn't he going to Lakeland Church in Houston doing the same to Joel Osteen?

And what really eats me too is that he claims how he's able to go around Israel, Jordan, et al with ease b/c God is protecting him from his enemies AND his enemies see him as a man of God and won't touch him. Okay...what about all those persecuted Christians in that same area? Does this mean they're getting persecuted b/c they're unfaithful and lukewarm unlike you?

BTW, don't want to get into another bible versions debate here, but unsurprisingly, he uses the NIV. Like we all said, we got saved using other versions(and to be fair, some use it unknowingly), HOWEVER, why in the world would God appoint a man that uses the NIV as "special"? See what I'm saying?

Sorry for more ranting et al, but my spirit is troubled.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 02:26:16 am »

John 14:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

HOWEVER, why in the world would God appoint a man that uses the NIV as "special"? See what I'm saying?

i see what your saying, God is no respecter of persons.

ACTS 10:
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 11:33:01 pm »

Also, I am under the impression that it's the Holy Spirit that works inside of you, right?

I don't want to go into detail over stuff(worldly things) that are interesting me less and less, but there are things that I would really indulge in with no conscience 3 years ago that now just really doesn't interest me anymore, and there are times when the Holy Spirit is really hitting me to stay away from when I get tempted to indulge in. And there are other things I would get angry over, that now when anger would rise over these same issues, the Holy Spirit would recite scriptures in my ear to calm my nerves down.

So really, what's the point of getting some "faith healer who has power to cast out demons" when it's only God that can convict your heart and lead your way?

Also, remember when David played hymns on a haarp to combat Saul's demons inside of him? *sigh* at the very least, this dodgy guy I described could have sung some hymns during his time with me if he was really serious about getting these demons out of me.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 02:55:22 am »

Also, I am under the impression that it's the Holy Spirit that works inside of you, right?

As your a Christian yes. The Holy Spirit can warn you of danger, and get you out of a bad situation but dont trust your heart, see what is wrong through the KJV.

So really, what's the point of getting some "faith healer who has power to cast out demons" when it's only God that can convict your heart and lead your way?

Fasting and prayer gets rid of demons (devils) so that nullifies his job, plus if you dont give the devil any ground by resisting him he will go away.

at the very least, this dodgy guy I described could have sung some hymns during his time with me if he was really serious about getting these demons out of me.

well he couldn't do that
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 08:45:12 am »

I posted this on another message forum, and thought I would post it here as well...

Anyhow, like a previous poster said here(All4Truth, I think), NEVER LET ANYONE try to steal away your faith and hope, and deceive you into thinking b/c they think you're/you're not doing this and that, that you're destined for hell.

No, I'm not calling out anyone here, but this is from my personal experiences from over 2 years ago, and recently.

There was a pastor by the name of Ed Watson on sermon audio.com back then that would just go on to infinity preaching "once saved always saved is a heresy". It just came to a point where he said if you ended up having a sinful thought for a moment, that your salvation would be stripped and destined for hell. Well...it was found out later that he was running a Jim Jones/David Koresh-cult like compound where he was inflicting fear on everyone. He was manipulating everyone into giving him all their little secrets, and it came to a point where all chaos ALMOST broke loose on his compound. Even one witness there described it "worse than the autrocities he saw in Iraq"(para-this guy served in Iraq).

Watson eventually got exposed b/c one of the members there was able to text and IM Scott Johnson(whom you guys are probably familiar with) and others outside of the compound. And I'm sure some of you guys here are familiar with Derek Dreamer, who has his own blogtalkradio, and has used it to interview Alex, Bob Chapman, and others. He himself was at the compound when all this was going down.

Anyhow, as you can see - alot of these people who act like they're exposing once saved always saved as a heresy are the same ones who are living in hypocrosy. And alot of people who try to expose once saved always saved ALMOST NEVER point you to God's grace, mercy, the blood atonement, and what he did on the cross.

And the other experience that I had recently with a "prophet" who had "powers to cast out demons" was the same - he acted like if anyone had even a bit of sin or a bit of that, then it means you don't love God and live in darkness, while acting like he himself doesn't have sin. But en yet, like Ed Watson, NOT ONCE did he point people to the blood atonement and the cross. And for that matter too, he made a few "prophecies" concering my family that didn't even come to pass.

Gal 5:6  For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Gal 5:7  Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
Gal 5:8  This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.
Gal 5:9  A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Gal 5:10  I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
Gal 5:11  And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
Gal 5:12  I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
Gal 5:13  For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Gal 5:14  For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15  But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 11:11:59 am »

Amen. Most churches I’ve attended seem to think that if you don’t drink, don’t smoke, attend church, tithe, and dress “respectably”, you are saved and completely sin-free. The Pharisees are still going strong today.

For years I held tightly to the belief that, no matter what happened in my life, I had a guarantee of making it to heaven. It was deeply and secretly held in my heart, like a little pilot light. The Baptists gave me that. This helped me to endure enormous amounts of mental abuse. Unfortunately, I didn’t have knowledge of God beyond that. So, I sought relief from the world through drugs, alcohol, and occultic practices. I was drifting away from God and getting stuck in the enemy’s camp.

But, thank God, He was faithful to reach out to the abyss and call/lead me back to Himself. It was a long recovery process, about 20 years. This culminated in a recall to a church the likes of which I’d never seen before.  Charismatics. The impression I got as I was standing at the doorway of this church was “I have preserved you for this moment, and now it is time to wake up.” Prior to this, He had put in my heart a strong desire to seek Him first and foremost. I wanted to know that He was real in my life, and not just some fictional idea. Oddly, this desire was confirmed by an occultist at the time. This was before I had read the bible for myself. I wasn’t ready yet.

In a very short time, God proved to me that the Bible was not just a fanciful fairy-tale but contained truths that were the key to undoing the damage done by the enemy. An intensely wild ride ensued. But I’m seriously digressing here.

One of the things that came up during that period was the possibility of completely losing my salvation. Interestingly, this thought came via church people that pointed to scripture that seemed to back this assertion. Although I still struggle intellectually with this, I have to look back on His faithfulness to direct my life in a way that is pleasing to Him.

I’m convinced that character trumps whether I live or die physically. There is a much longer-term plan for us in which this is vital. His rule over the shaping of my character is what allows me to choose correctly. Character manifests into thoughts and attitudes. It is a deep work, and most definitely an inside job.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 10:19:39 am »

Well, for the most part, the modern-day church is more concerned with their offering plates more than anything else b/c obviously, that's the only way to maintain their big buildings and "ministries".

With that being said - b/c of the above paragraph, they end up getting more concerned with keeping their "image" in front of the eyes of the community, so I guess this is why they end up pushing alot of their own "rules" and "laws", albeit subtlely, over how to act, behave, doing this and that, etc. And ultimately, b/c the pews deep down inside end up feeling a bit helpless, they end up turning to their pastors and church leaders for all the answers, thinking they're the ones you can't do any wrong.

I was at a Lutheran church last year(when I visited relatives in Ohio), and it felt like I was attending some self-help class that I occassionaly went to when I was in college. The pastor talked about how you could be a "good person", "help the community", and even brought up a secular college professor as an example. Sure, bible verses were put in the screen during the service, but that was the only time it was shown/read to us(otherwise the pastor didn't mention any scripture during his sermon). And then afterwards, he made a call to the pews to drop in their future alms giving/community work they plan to do in a box.

And for that matter too(another experience) - the big First Baptist I attended as a child was pretty lukewarm - one time I approached my 6th grade Sunday school teacher b/c I was concerned over whether I was saved or not. He pretty much said NOTHING and looked at me. It was as if he himself didn't know the scriptures, but was instead hired to babysit the kids.

Anyhow, just some more thoughts over why this "you can lose your salvation" heresy has crept into Churchianity - b/c "of the world" nonsense has crept in. The "of the world" crowd believes we have to be ambitious and move up and up and up, otherwise we will lose everything. Now this mentality has crept into the churches...
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 03:26:20 am »

I think in the modern Bibles they use the word character. I just searched for it in the KJV and it's not there. But it is interesting that God wants a peculiar people. Here are the verses, 7 times the word PECULIAR appears.

EXODUS 19
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a PECULIAR treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

DEUTERONOMY 14
2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a PECULIAR people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

DEUTERONOMY 26
18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his PECULIAR people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;

PSALM 135
4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his PECULIAR treasure.

ECCLESIASTES 2
8 I gathered me also silver and gold, and the PECULIAR treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.

TITUS 2
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a PECULIAR people, zealous of good works.

1 PETER 2
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a PECULIAR people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

And i think that it relates to this:

1 CORINTHIANS 1
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

HEBREWS 13
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels UNAWARES.

Could we in any case be entertaining angels unawares?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 10:25:59 pm »

Well, overall, for anyone that went through the same experiences I did - if you, like I, did nothing about it, don't be too hard on yourself and beat yourself up.

Yes, I regret the fact that I didn't take a stand for the truth(and pointed out bible verses to him and the others in the room). I am thankful that while I was quiet, I prayed to the Lord to help me resist this evil. But nonetheless, yes, I will admit I wished I had prayed to take a stand for the truth(as Paul preached about in Ephesians 6:10-19).

And if you like I warn others about this afterwards, then yes, anticipate you will be attacked. I tried to to the others in the room the next day, but they rather yelled at me and acted like I hated this guy for "telling me the truth".(ie-Yes, anyone should be shocked when people follow a MAN BLINDLY) Obviously, it's b/c they are blind to the truth, and they have made a choice to close their ears.

Ultimately, you learn by experience at the same time - this is why it's important to ordain the elderly who are strong in the faith with double honor. No, it's not like they're super-duper bible scholars who never sinned in their lives, but they, like us, have been THROUGH all the wars, the persecutions, and especially the mistakes, and are there to share them when they fellowship with you.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: