End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:52:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Did Jesus have long hair?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Jesus have long hair?  (Read 770 times)
Jim
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:54:07 am »

Did Jesus have long hair?

Answer: No

Jesus came to earth to be a prophet, priest, and a King to the Nation of Israel. It was not until they rejected him and had him killed did he turn to the whole world.

While He was on earth he looked like a priest or rabbi, (or else a ruler of Israel would have never called him Rabbi).

John 3:2—“he same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.”

When Jesus was on the earth he told the people to keep the Law of Moses. So he would have looked like an Old Testament priest.

The priests were not to shave their heads nor let their hair grow long, but to keep it trimmed.

Ezekiel 44:20---“ Neither shall they shave their heads, nor suffer their locks to grow long; they shall only poll their heads.
”). Priests could not shave off the corner of their beards, so they would cut it off at the end straight across

Leviticus 21:5---“They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.”

The priests could not round the corners of their heads, so they would have to cut a place for their ears

Leviticus 19:27---“Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.”.

I Corinthians 11:14---“Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?”
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:09:00 pm by Jim » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:29:32 pm »

Jim, seriously, where did you get this stuff from? Surely this isn't your work is it? Can you not see the problem with it? All this does is put us back under the burden of the law. I notice you didn't disclose the whole truth either, like this particular verse...

"But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God." 1 Corinthians 11:16 (KJB)

NO SUCH CUSTOM. Quit promoting churchianity false doctrines please, and read your bible to verify stuff before you post it. If a man wants long hair, he can have it, and a woman can have short hair. What are you, Pentacostal! Lord have mercy! Don't you understand the liberty that is in Christ?

And to the question, who cares? This is a provocative question that stirs vain disputes over the law, and stinks of churchianity legalism.

They called Jesus "rabbi" because teaching people is what He did. but more importantly, they knew who He was, and were correctly addressing Him as such. It wasn't because of what He looked like (man looks on the outward appearance), it was because of the Spirit in Him that people sensed/noticed.

When Jesus was on the earth he told the people to keep the Law of Moses. So he would have looked like an Old Testament priest.

No Jesus didn't. Jesus said, "if ye love me, keep my commandments".

What He said about Moses...

"And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:31 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Jim
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:58:26 pm »

Seriously? 
This post is geared at providing more evidence that Jesus was not the long haired, catholic church hippie He is portrayed to be in all of of the pictures.

Nothing in this post is aimed at putting anyone under the law.

Do you have long hair Kilika? I could care less.

Quit falsely accusing me of promoting false doctrine!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:10:30 pm by Jim » Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »

Jesus also did NOT have an iota of beauty - Isaiah 53 sums it up nicely.

Also, that same hippie-long haired Jesus the Catholics put out is now on covers of New Age books I've seen recently. I was also rather surprised Charles Stanley put this New Age Jesus portrait on the cover of his this month's Intouch newsletter.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 02:25:29 am »

This post is geared at providing more evidence that Jesus was not the long haired, catholic church hippie He is portrayed to be in all of of the pictures.

Nothing in this post is aimed at putting anyone under the law.

Do you have long hair Kilika? I could care less.

If that was the intent of the thread, then why in the world didn't you post that? You made no mention at all of that intent.

By citing the law Jim, that is exaclty what your doing! Out of the 5 verses you posted, 4 of them reference, or are directly the law!

If you don't care what length my hair is, then why even bring this topic up? We already have a thread about the Catholic heresies, so why this thread?

And for the record, I've had both long and short hair in my life, though God saw fit to bless me with less hair than some, and what is left I have kept cut stubble short for the last 12 -15 years or so. And I wear a gotee. Years ago, I wore a beard to the middle of my chest, and what hair I had was just to my shoulders. Did that for a few years. If you want to know what I look like now, think of Stone Cold Steve Austin the wrestler. Look just like him, only not quite as big or as muscular, but at 5'10' 200, I'm not small. I don't look like the average Christian!

One might think me some tough guy or something till they talk to me. I use to think of myself as some tough guy, being ex-military. I studied martial arts, fighting, urban combat tactics, gun use, etc. I'm a qualified marksman with both a handgun and rifle, and can use scuba gear though I don't have a PADI. Even came close to getting into private security work years ago when I was backslidden. Truth is, I was a bad boy back in the day. While Steve Austin might be able to smash beer cans on his forehead, I can knock that same beercan off his head from 200 yards no scope, but then I was hunting on my own squirrles and dove with a single shot 410 shotgun at the age of 10 or so.

The point is that I don't look like a Christian, and I don't dress like what one might think a Christian would I guess as I don't wear dress clothes, suits, etc and your correct, the outward appearance isn't what's important, and can lead to misunderstandings. It's what comes out of the mouth that matters.

Jesus showed me I wasn't living by faith, but by my own works. Pride had indeed become a problem, and thank you Jesus He humbled me in a big way and led me back into the fold several years ago.

"Vanity of vanities..."

Why should I, though there is nothing false about my allegations, when that is what you have done with this post?

You obviously support what it says, as you apparently wrote it yourself, or did you?

You haven't even said, but it's posted as yours, as it's not quoted, so I take it that it's your beliefs. And what it says I say is putting people under the law, and yes, I consider your position as a false doctrine, as it is not sound doctrine that I read in scripture. Your using the law to make people obey the law through observance of a custom.

You've mocked our "liberty" before, but the truth is, that liberty says that we can observe one day or one haircut, it doesn't matter other than wha't edifting in a given situation, but we have NO right to tell others what they must observe. Period.

This is exactly what your doing with this post...

"Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men." Mark 7:7 (KJB)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:35:21 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 02:44:04 am »

I Corinthians 11:14---“Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?”

Well when i read this verse i get the understanding that a man shouldn't have long hair because if he does it will be shame unto him. It is giving us a hint that the Lord Jesus didn't have long hair.

But i want to say if you see a male Christian with long hair you could give them the verses but it is there decision if they want to have long hair or not.

Leviticus 19:27---“Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.”

I remember Pastor Slattery believes that all men should have beards. Well God did give men facial hair so it is natural for a man to have a beard and then there are these razors with RFID chips in them. I wouldn't want one of them razors. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »

I had to ponder this for a time, to see what God may give me to answer about the part where it says..."Doth not even nature itself teach you"... and also, the question is overlooked, which is "what shame?". Bring shame? What shame? What is shameful about allowing the hair to do what it does...naturally!

And here's the real hypocracy...while they say it's a shame to have long hair, as though it's unnatural, yet they say one must NOT cut the beard, let it grow naturally! Give me a break. THAT is legalism at it's worst.

Truth is, if we let our body hair grow, and not try to prevent it from growing, we all would have long hair and beards of some type. As I was recently moved to post, "Vanities of vanities..."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: