End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:54:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

“...the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s” (Matt

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “...the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s” (Matt  (Read 507 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

“...the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s” (Matt. 22:21 - KJV)

I have a question here - when Jesus told this to the Pharisees(when they tried to tempt Jesus), did Jesus tell them, with this passage, to pay all taxes(whether unlawful or not) unto Caesar?

The reason why I'm asking this is b/c it's pretty much well known that this whole IRS income tax scheme has been a fraud, and unconstitional. But this is not the main point I want to debate with.

With that being said, if our Federal government is truely defrauding the US citizens, does Jesus's words apply here that we are still obligated as Christians to pay every little cent to taxes?

Also, remember Jesus was talking to the PHARISEES, NOT his disciples. Pt being that the Pharisees didn't want to believe, so there were times when Jesus either didn't give an answer, or didn't give them a clear one(ie-remember when Jesus asked them where he got his baptism, from heaven, or from John. And b/c the Pharisees couldn't give him an answer after reasoning with themselves, Jesus didn't give them an answer).

And...while thinking about this passage, remember where our tax money goes too...funding Planned Parenthood, UN globalist agendas, social welfare, paying down the INTEREST ONLY in our national debt, etc.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:39:42 am »

Hmm, I'll have to ponder that one for a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 06:28:42 am »

The words being used here for tribute, kēnsos in Matt and Mark mean your standard yearly tax. In Luke the word phoros is used which is for land taxes, ie house's business and such. Funny how things havent changed in 2000 years.  Cheesy So he is talking about taxation. Whether right or wrong your still living under the laws of that land and you are required to pay a tax. Same in Jesus's day as it is in our own. Even the Lord will have tribute given unto him. Psalm 72:10 states this during the 1000 years.

The reason why I'm asking this is b/c it's pretty much well known that this whole IRS income tax scheme has been a fraud, and unconstitional. But this is not the main point I want to debate with.

With that being said, if our Federal government is truely defrauding the US citizens, does Jesus's words apply here that we are still obligated as Christians to pay every little cent to taxes?

Who picks the leaders and why? Does America have the proper leaders for the nation?

Also, remember Jesus was talking to the PHARISEES, NOT his disciples.

Jesus was teaching in the Temple when this transpired, his disciples were there along with hundreds of others.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:06:40 am »

For the record, no, I'm not trying to imply that we should just rebel against the government and not pay our taxes b/c of all this(over what I said in the OP). This isn't my intent of this thread.

Am just saying that when you think about it, all of our tax dollars aren't going for any good causes, but instead funding UN globalist agendas, Planned Parenthood, social welfare programs, public school agendas(which support evolution and are against creationism), poisons in vaccines, the list goes on. In the 80's under the Grace Commission, it was found out that all of our tax money goes to paying down ONLY the interest on the national debt.

This is just something to think about. But if we're commanded to pay our taxes, then so be it.

Also, Aaron Russo's "Freedom to Facism" dropped alot of truth bombshells in them, even Russo exposed one of the IRS heads face to face.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 01:43:36 pm »

Don't forget that the federal government takes taxes from individuals, and then in turn gives that money to the states, and then they hold the states hostage by threatening to take away the money they gave them!

That money needs to go to the state directly if at all. No need for the feds to be a middleman. All that does is create extra costs for everybody.

As a general rule, I look at it as it's better to avoid being in a situation where you are expected to pay Caesar. The more you "use" the world, the more you're expected to abide by the world's rules.

As for your question, I think what Jesus told them applies to them and us. We are to focus on God, right? Either you're for God or your not is what I think Jesus is saying there.

"choose you this day whom ye will serve;"
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: