End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 12:09:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

False prophets and teachers

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: False prophets and teachers  (Read 394 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:12:01 am »

"Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." - 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

Before the antichrist is revealed, many Christians will fall away from the faith. There have been, are, and will be many false prophets and teachers who have helped this to happen. Some false teachers deceive ignorantly, some are wolves in sheep's clothing, working for Satan, and deceive on purpose. Let's read Jesus' warnings about this:

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." - Matthew 7:15
"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." - Matthew 10:16

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you." - Matthew 24:3,4
"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." - Matthew 24:24

The first thing Jesus says about the end of the world is "Take heed that no man deceive you." This is the most important warning from Jesus about the end times. The deception will be so widespread and subtle that even the very elect can be deceived if they do not diligently study the Word and live it. Let's look at some more warnings about false prophets and teachers:

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." - 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

"And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you." - Galatians 2:4,5

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Peter 2:1-3

"These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage." - 2 Peter 2:17-19

Now that we know of the dangers of false prophets/teacher/brethren, what do we do about it?

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ." - Jude 1:3-4

Because of all the false prophets and false doctrine we need to earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints. This means always having a scriptural answer for everyone and correcting brothers who are in error. Some will say you are "judging" them, but that is because they don't want to hear the truth.

"Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:" - 1 Corinthians 5:6,7

A little leaven can ruin and entire Church. Jesus explains to us what leaven represents:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees." - Matthew 16:6
"How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees." - Matthew 16:11,12

Leaven is false doctrine and it can affect a Church a lot more dramatically than you think. Purge out the leaven by confronting brothers who believe false doctrine and marking and rebuking false teachers.

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." - 1 John 4:1-3

We need to test people who are or claim to be teachers and prophets. One way of testing them is to see if they teach that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. Everything they say should be compared to the Word of God to see if it is true or not.

"For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;" - Titus 1:10-13

Vain talkers and deceivers must be stopped. The only way to stop them is to rebuke them sharply.

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." - Romans 16:17,18

We need to mark those false teachers who sound really intelligent and are great speakers and avoid them. Their charisma and noble sounding speeches can deceive unlearned Christians easily.

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light." - Ephesians 5:11-13

Whether one of Satan's workers is pretending to be a Christian or not, they need to be exposed and reproved so that their deception and evil work is made known. We cannot be ignorant of the methods Satan uses to deceive and manipulate us:

"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." - 2 Corinthians 2:11

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:" - Hosea 4:6

In the end it will be the Word of God which judges us all. When you correct, rebuke or expose someone, make sure it comes straight from the Word of God and that it comes from a place of love and concern.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:53:30 am »

And this is the big problem with today's "church" - I agree that we shouldn't judge others, however, it's gotten to such an extreme where this "judge and ye shall not be judged" passage applies to EVERYONE.

Yes, there is a HUGE difference b/w "judging" some guy who sits in the pews on the other side of the congregation who happens to have alot of flaws, and someone from the PULPUT who is INTENTIONALLY trying to deceive everyone, bring them into bondage, and getting them to follow their path to Hell. Can't tell you how many times I get this "But don't judge..." reaction when I try to point how all the heresies of the Vatican and Rick Warren, for example. Heck, one time I was having a conversation about the Mormons with someone, and pointed how how they think Jesus was Lucifer's brother, his reaction was, "Where do you read all this junk?!?".

And for that matter too, the evolution lie that's the public school system is brainwashing kids with.

Ultimately, it's all about who's saved, and who's not, when the very day of the Lord returns comes. If we as the body of Christ continue to insist that we should show respect to the likes of the Vatican, Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, the WOF movement, etc...we're ultimately going to have to be accountable to God.
Report Spam   Logged
flybylow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:39:13 pm »

Talk about a little leaven; Im about to the point to say to all the Christians out there that commonly use any modern bible, book of mormon or what ever and they say “Im saved” NO YOUR NOT!!! or you would be reading Jesus Christ, the Word, 1611KJ. Im sorry I don’t mean to judge but they are so sure of their leaven even when presented the Truth, and they totally contradict. Im beginning to think that modern bibles are the false prophet and he puts a set of blinders on people that would take an operation to remove. I didn’t think I was a KJ only person but man, if you aint got one I aint listening.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 04:15:29 am »

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

my point is that what is this "lack of knowledge" that is spoken about here? it is answered in the same verse, it is lack of knowledge about God's law. The thing is that there are teachers who are saying if you dont know about this (say for example HAARP or Gwen Towers) that u can be destroyed because u didn't know about it well that is not what is spoken about here, God's law is important to Hosea and the Israelites were not meant to forget it.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 10:55:08 am »

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

my point is that what is this "lack of knowledge" that is spoken about here? it is answered in the same verse, it is lack of knowledge about God's law. The thing is that there are teachers who are saying if you dont know about this (say for example HAARP or Gwen Towers) that u can be destroyed because u didn't know about it well that is not what is spoken about here, God's law is important to Hosea and the Israelites were not meant to forget it.

Good point - part of dividing the word of truth - sometimes we can forget that some of the OT scriptures are/were to the Israelites. For example, I've seen Christians mistakenly take this passage out of context thinking you can lose your salvation...

Ezekiel 33:12  Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13  When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

Notice it says HIS(one's own) righteousness - under the new covenant of grace, it's JESUS CHRIST'S righteousness we seek, NOT our's. So obviously, this passage was to Israel under the old covenant.

Romans 5:17  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: