End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:23:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Sodomite Agenda winning a game of chicken with Chick-fil-A

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sodomite Agenda winning a game of chicken with Chick-fil-A  (Read 27762 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2011, 08:37:35 am »

A Chicken Chain’s Corporate Ethos Is Questioned by Gay Rights Advocates

The Chick-fil-A sandwich — a hand-breaded chicken breast and a couple of pickles squished into a steamy, white buttered bun — is a staple of some Southern diets and a must-have for people who collect regional food experiences the way some people collect baseball cards.

New Yorkers have sprinted through the airport here to grab one between flights. College students returning home stop for one even before they say hello to their parents.

But never on Sunday, when the chain is closed.

Nicknamed “Jesus chicken” by jaded secular fans and embraced by Evangelical Christians, Chick-fil-A is among only a handful of large American companies with conservative religion built into its corporate ethos. But recently its ethos has run smack into the gay rights movement. A Pennsylvania outlet’s sponsorship of a February marriage seminar by one of that state’s most outspoken groups against homosexuality lit up gay blogs around the country. Students at some universities have also begun trying to get the chain removed from campuses.

rest: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/us/30chick.html?_r=1&hpw
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:12:35 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:47:11 am »

Not to derail this thread a bit, but I saw the owner of this franchise interviewed on FOX years ago - seems like a nice guy, really admired him for closing his franchise on Sunday to observe the Lord's Day, talked about tithing, etc. However, not once during the interview did he witness the gospel of Jesus Christ, nor even mentioned the name of Christ.

Anyhow, while I admire CFA of closing on Sundays and taking a stance against the gay agenda, I'm not sure if they're truely born agains. For the most part, the entire fast-food industry is draconian in nature, especially with all the MSG and other poisons they put in their food products. I hope I'm not going overboard here(if I am, please rebuke me sharply), however, I just can't see God's will for his people to have them work in fast-food industry making millions of dollars off of poisoning the average customer.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:38:08 pm »

Not to derail this thread a bit, but I saw the owner of this franchise interviewed on FOX years ago - seems like a nice guy, really admired him for closing his franchise on Sunday to observe the Lord's Day, talked about tithing, etc. However, not once during the interview did he witness the gospel of Jesus Christ, nor even mentioned the name of Christ.

Most news channels are censored, so that anything someone says about Jesus, even if it is a good witness is not shown or deleted from an interview. If he was off-air he probably would talk about Jesus Christ. Satan and the devils hate the name of Lord Jesus being praised, they run from it, imagine if Christians were allowed to talk about Jesus on international news channels every day! I would say that you can't trust FOX, FOX = 666, remember that Jesus called Herod a Fox in Luke 13:32: "And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected."
And who owns Fox, Rupert Murdoch, the same guy that owns the copyright of the NIV. Can we call Rupert a type of fox? Television is designed to allow lies to look good, eg all the rubbish about evolution that comes out on ABC, BBC, Discovery, History Channel, etc. It is great that i don't watch television anymore. If someone wants news: The Bible is the Good News.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:08:15 pm by Christian40 » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 02:18:59 am »

The gay lobby knows no bounds. It won't stop enforcing it's demands on society. They might win some worldly carnal battles over their "right" to be heathens, but in the end they lose the war.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:38:27 am »

Chick-fil-A blocked from campus

Under mounting pressure from pro-"gay" activists, the student government at a university in Boston voted down a proposal to bring a Chick-fil-A franchise on campus.

Under an onslaught of hostile criticism from Northeastern University students and faculty, the Student Government Association voted 31-5 not to allow Chick-fil-A to become a campus vendor in a food court that is being renovated. Among the critics claiming the company discriminates against homosexuals was the university's LGBT advocacy group, NU Pride.

Also denouncing the plan was Northeastern's Graduate Student Government. "...In light of Chick-fil-A's financial support for groups advocating against gay rights and gay marriage, [we felt] that it was not appropriate to invite Chick-fil-A onto campus ... because it contradicts Northeastern's values and standards with respect to diversity and the University's commitment to its LGBT community," said a GSG statement. "...It is not in the interest of the University to allow onto campus a vendor associated with these beliefs."

Brian Camenker is founder of MassResistance!, a pro-family grassroots activist group based near Boston. Speaking about the vote to deny Chick-fil-A a presence on the campus, he says: "I guess it should show to people just how brainwashed and how unbelievably radicalized college kids have become."

Camenker says it is outrageous that protestors are especially infuriated that the company has donated to Exodus International, an organization that offers help to people who wish to leave the homosexual lifestyle.

"Good people need to start standing up to it," he says of protests against faith-based business practices. "And since this is happening in Boston, it looks we ought to ... start trying to organize down at Northeastern and see what we can do there, because this kind of thing really must be confronted and stopped."

Critics point out that Chick-fil-A -- which says its corporate purpose is "to glorify God by being a faithful steward" -- has also contributed to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Focus on the Family, Family Research Council, and the Marriage & Family Legacy Fund.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=1549400
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 12:07:44 pm »

^^

Honestly, they shouldn't be letting ANY of these fast-food joints allowed anywhere near campus 'cuz of all the MSG and other poisons they put in their foods.

While I commend the Chick-fil-A family for confessing Christ's name and his gospel, at the same time, I think this franchise needs to strongly reconsider the industry they are in, and come out from among them and be ye separate.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 01:47:18 pm »

Chick-fil-A Called 'Anti-Gay' for Contributions to Pro-Marriage Groups

Chick-fil-A, the fast-food chicken restaurant chain known for its commitment to employing biblical beliefs in its business practices, is once again under attack by homosexual activists for its support of pro-traditional marriage organizations.
The most recent attacks come from an analysis by homosexual activists claiming that the company – primarily through the WinShape Foundation – has donated over a million dollars to organizations that promote family and Christian values such as the Fellowship of Christian Athletes ($480,000), Family Research Council ($1000), the Marriage and Family Foundation ($1,188,380) and Exodus International ($1,000).

"Let's face it: despite what the company's president says, Chick-Fil-A is an anti-gay corporation," wrote Tyler Coates in Blackbook. "I hate Chick-Fil-A, and not just because I think pieces of chicken slathered in pickle juice is inherently revolting. I hate Chick-Fil-A because Chick-Fil-A hates me. You know what I do have a problem with? The fact that the company gives so much g**damn money to anti-gay groups."

The restaurant chain started by Truett Cathy and his wife over 66 years ago is now one of the nation's fasting growing fast food enterprises in spite of being closed on Sundays – a move that brings continued criticism from atheists and secular organizations.

According to the company's website, "Truett Cathy, made the decision to close on Sundays in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia. He has often shared that his decision was as much practical as spiritual. He believes that all franchised Chick-fil-A Operators and Restaurant employees should have an opportunity to rest, spend time with family and friends, and worship if they choose to do so. That's why all Chick-fil-A Restaurants are closed on Sundays. It's part of our recipe for success."

Peter Sprigg, vice president for the Family Research Council, says their group makes it a practice not to comment on the individuals or corporations who give money to them, but it appears much of the criticism throw at Chick-fil-A has to do with their donations to marriage enrichment programs.

"Chick-fil-A has given money to groups that support and strengthen marriage between men and women," Sprigg told The Christian Post. "I would hardly say that is anti anything. The company boldly states they were founded on Christian principles and marriage is one of the most basic of Christian tenets and is the foundation of the family. I can't see why anyone would object to that."

What confuses pro-family groups such as the Family Research Council the most is why they are labeled a "hate" group by liberal watchdogs such as the Southern Poverty Law Center simply because they subscribe to and believe in biblical principles.

"My question would be when someone gives money to an organization that promotes the homosexual lifestyle, does that mean they hate Christians? I certainly hope not," Pastor David Baker told The Christian Post. "To my knowledge, I've never seen a group that advocates and truly believes in Christian principles say they hate anyone. I think that would apply to Chick-fil-A and the local business owner who happens to be a Christian."

Although the company rarely responds to inquiries about its corporate donations, Chick-fil-A President and COO Dan Cathy released a statement in 2011 denying that Chick-fil-A had an agenda against any group or organization but would "continue to offer resources to strengthen marriage and families."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/chick-fil-a-called-anti-gay-for-contributions-to-pro-marriage-groups-77621/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 02:01:02 pm »

^^

Aren't we supposed to live in a free country? So if let's say I or you Mark give money to a non-501c3 church, does that mean we're discriminating against mainstream Churchianity churches?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:02:36 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 06:47:00 am »

'Guilty as charged,' Cathy says of Chick-fil-A's stand on biblical & family values

Dan Cathy oversees one of the country's most successful businesses. As president and chief operating officer of Chick-fil-A, Cathy leads a business with 1,608 restaurants that had sales of more than $4 billion dollars last year. They sell chicken and train employees to focus on values rooted in the Bible.

His father, S. Truett Cathy started the business in 1946, when he and his brother, Ben, opened an Atlanta diner known as The Dwarf Grill (later renamed The Dwarf House). In 1967, his father opened the first Chick-fil-A restaurant in Atlanta. Today, Chick-fil-A is the second largest quick-service chicken restaurant chain in the United States based on annual system-wide sales.

Dan Cathy's success has not erased the biblical values he learned as a child in a Baptist church. He is a warm, common man who is deeply committed to being a faithful Christian witness. And he is fully involved in New Hope Baptist Church in Fayetteville, Ga. He drives Chick-fil-A's efforts to provide genuine hospitality, ensuring that customers have an exceptional dining experience in a Chick-fil-A restaurant. Based on Matthew 5:41, Cathy is on a mission to provide customers with "second-mile" service -- exceeding even the highest expectations of a typical fast-food restaurant.

"We don't claim to be a Christian business," Cathy said in a recent visit to North Carolina. He attended a business leadership conference many years ago where he heard Christian businessman Fred Roach say, "There is no such thing as a Christian business."

"That got my attention," Cathy said. Roach went on to say, "Christ never died for a corporation. He died for you and me."

"In that spirit ... [Christianity] is about a personal relationship. Companies are not lost or saved, but certainly individuals are," Cathy added.

"But as an organization we can operate on biblical principles. So that is what we claim to be. [We are] based on biblical principles, asking God and pleading with God to give us wisdom on decisions we make about people and the programs and partnerships we have. And He has blessed us."

Rather than leading from his corporate office in Atlanta, Cathy chooses to spend the majority of his time traveling to the chain's growing family of restaurants and interacting with Chick-fil-A's committed team members. His actions stem from a belief that working in the field provides a clearer understanding of the needs of Chick-fil-A customers. Leading from the front line also enables him personally to convey his servant spirit to the chain's 61,000-plus employees.

Cathy believes strongly that Christians are missionaries in the workplace. "Jesus had a lot of things to say about people who work and live in the business community," he said. His goal in the workplace is "to take biblical truth and put skin on it. ... We're talking about how our performance in the workplace should be the focus of how we build respect, rapport and relationships with others that opens the gateway to interest people in knowing God.

"All throughout the New Testament there is an evangelism strategy related to our performance in the workplace. ... Our work should be an act of worship. Our work should be our mission field. As long as we are stateside, let's don't think we have to go on mission trips by getting a passport. ... If you're obedient to God you are going to be evangelistic in the quality of the work you do, using that as a portal to share [Christ]," he said.

When asked if Chick-fil-A's success is attributed to biblical values, Cathy quickly said, "I think they're inseparable. God wants to give us wisdom to make good decisions and choices." Quoting James 1:5, he spoke of how often he asks God for wisdom.

"Frequently Jesus challenged us to just ask ... we're simply not asking as often as we should. We need to be more faithful to depend on a God who does love us and wants to have a relationship with us, and wants to give us the desires of our hearts."

There is another success story attributed to Cathy's organization. They have a positive influence in the world of Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) football.

There was a time when the Atlanta college football bowl game, which is now named after Chick-fil-A, was called the Peach Bowl. The annual bowl features teams from the ACC and the SEC. It struggled for a long time. Then 15 years ago the Chick-fil-A organization got involved. It was rebranded as the Chick-fil-A Bowl and has been incredibly successful with 15 consecutive sellouts.

"We are the only bowl that has an invocation. It's in our agreement that if Chick-fil-A is associated in this, there's going to be an invocation. Also, we don't have our bowl on Sunday, either," Cathy said.

In 2008 Chick-fil-A began sponsoring a Chick-fil-A Kickoff game matching two of the nation's top teams and hosted on the first weekend of the season in the same stadium (Georgia Dome) as the Chick-fil-A Bowl. This year Chick-fil-A will host two kickoff games, one on Friday and one on Saturday.

"That's never been done before," he said.

The pair of Chick-fil-A Kickoff games is expected to generate more than $60 million in economic impact. The bowl website describes the event as "a college football celebration of epic proportions."

When questioned about Chick-Fil-A's "Closed on Sunday" policy Cathy responded, "It was not an issue in 1946 when we opened up our first restaurant. But as living standards changed and lifestyles changed, people came to be more active on Sundays."

The policy has not changed over the years as malls began changing their policies by opening on Sundays.

"We've always put in our lease that we will be closed on Sundays," Cathy said. "We've had a track record that we were generating more business in six days than the other tenants were generating in seven [days]."

"While developers had no identity whatsoever with our corporate purpose to 'glorify God and be a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and have a positive influence on all that come in contact with Chick-fil-A,' they did identify with the rent checks that we wrote to the mall, that were based on our sales.

"So, they would make an exception for Chick-fil-A when they wouldn't make an exception for anybody else, simply because they knew we would pay them more in rent than any other tenant would that was open even seven days a week."

The company invests in Christian growth and ministry through its WinShape Foundation (WinShape.com). The name comes from the idea of shaping people to be winners.

It began as a college scholarship and expanded to a foster care program, an international ministry, and a conference and retreat center modeled after the Billy Graham Training Center at the Cove.

"That morphed into a marriage program in conjunction with national marriage ministries," Cathy added.

Some have opposed the company's support of the traditional family. "Well, guilty as charged," said Cathy when asked about the company's position.

"We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.

"We operate as a family business ... our restaurants are typically led by families; some are single. We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized.

"We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=38271&ref=BPNews-RSSFeed0716&utm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 08:28:56 am »

Gay Activists SODOMITES Enraged Once Again Over Chick-fil-A's Marriage Stance

Dan Cathy, the president of the fast-food giant Chick-fil-A and the son of its founder, Truett Cathy, confirmed the company's commitment to traditional family values in an interview with Baptist Press. While the Atlanta-based chain's position is nothing new, homosexual activists are up in arms and calling for yet another all-out boycott of the chain's 1,608 restaurants.

Hollywood actor Ed Helms sent a message on Twitter on Wednesday saying he is now boycotting Chick-fil-A.

"Chick-fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to gay chickens. Lost a loyal fan," wrote Helms.

Recently, the younger Cathy spoke to a group of business leaders in North Carolina and talked about the differences in being a Christian and owning or operating a "Christian business."

"There is no such thing as a Christian business," Cathy recalled businessman Fred Roach as saying years ago. "That got my attention. Christ never died for a corporation. He died for you and me."

But what has gay activists stirred up is a response Cathy gave to BP when asked about the company's support of a marriage enrichment program promoted through the WinShape Foundation, which is primarily funded by Chick-fil-A. The company's support and funding have led some to offer sharp criticism of the company for only encouraging biblical and traditional marriage.

Follow us

"Well, we're guilty as charged," Cathy said when questioned about the issue. "We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

The article that was more or less just another profile of a Christian family who operates a restaurant chain drew a number of sharp responses from the homosexual community – many of whom are accusing Cathy and the company of not liking gay people.

The so-called outrage over Chick-fil-A's Christian stance has never deterred the Cathys from expressing their beliefs or as far as anyone can tell, inflicted economic harm on the sales of chicken sandwiches. However, sales results for the company are not released since it is privately held.

Chick-fil-A spokesman Don Perry emailed a prepared statement to the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Wednesday evening when they inquired about the company's position.

"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect -- regardless of belief, creed and sexual orientation," the statement said. "We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."

Meanwhile, Chick-fil-A isn't the only major corporation embroiled in controversy over same-sex marriage. Office Depot recently rolled out an initiative called "Be Brave" that highlights gay celebrities such as Lady Gaga.

"It's interesting we're the ones called intolerant as Christians," said Ruth Malhotra, an Atlanta political consultant, told The Christian Post. "Last week Office Depot began running a promotion featuring Lady Gaga and encouraging same-sex behavior by supporting her 'Born This Way Foundation' and saying that becoming homosexual is a sign of bravery. Since when did engaging in sexual immorality become an act of courage?"

But the company's continued commitment seems to have overcome some homosexual groups who have called for previous boycotts.

"We've moved on," Heather Cronk, managing editor of Get Equal, a national LGBT group, told the AJC, saying many in the gay community stopped dining at the chain long ago."

Still, Cathy and his family are undeterred over the controversy.

"We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

Interview with Dan Cathy, President and COO, Chick-fil-A

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/gay-activists-enraged-once-again-over-chick-fil-as-marriage-stance-78547/#JrjgqBKRUSOGQKqL.99
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 09:07:13 am »

I'm surprised they're not enraged over all the MSG poison Chick-fil-A puts in their foods.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 06:59:50 am »

Boston mayor to Chick-fil-A: Stuff it!
Not welcome: 'If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult'

Mayor Thomas M. Menino is vowing to block Chick-fil-A from bringing its Southern-fried fast-food empire to Boston — possibly to a popular tourist spot just steps from the Freedom Trail — after the family-owned firm’s president suggested gay marriage is “inviting God’s judgment on our nation.”

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston. You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion,” Menino told the Herald yesterday.

“That’s the Freedom Trail. That’s where it all started right here. And we’re not going to have a company, Chick-fil-A or whatever the hell the name is, on our Freedom Trail.”

Read the full story ›
http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/boston-mayor-to-chick-fil-a-stuff-it/?cat_orig=money
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 02:23:24 pm »

Knuckle under ... or else

A media watchdog group says it's no surprise that homosexual activists and their media friends are upset with a prominent and successful fast-food chain for taking a public stand in support of traditional marriage.

Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy recently stated in an interview with a North Carolina-based Christian news journal that his privately owned company is "guilty as charged" in support what he called "the biblical definition of the family unit." (See earlier story)

"We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that," Cathy told the Biblical Recorder. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

Tim Graham, director of media analysis for the Media Research Center (MRC), tells OneNewsNow that the mainstream media tends to follow the lead of pro-homosexual activist groups.

"So many corporations have knuckled under the Human Rights Campaign and their 'Corporate Equality Index' -- you know, you're very, very rare [when you don't], which makes you very easy for the media to pick on," Graham explains.

Founded in Georgia, Chick-fil-A has primarily grown its chain in Southern states. But in recent years it has migrated to the north in more urban centers, drawing attention from liberal media outlets and homosexual-advocacy organizations.

"It's amazing to me ... I mean this is what they do: they pick on people and they absolutely expect abject surrender -- just the way they did with the Boy Scouts," says the MRC spokesman. "They're infuriated that the Boy Scouts don't knuckle under."

Chick-fil-A issued a statement on its Facebook page on Thursday (July 19), telling its customers that "going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena" and that its tradition is "to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect -- regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender."

Human Rights Campaign has defined as "hate groups" several organizations that have received financial donations from Chick-fil-A -- among them Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Focus on the Family.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1636264
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 03:51:02 pm »

So long as people insist on exercising their "Christianity" in the world, the world is going to react. The world hates Jesus, and want's no part of the truth in the world, so is it any surprise that gays and others would protest a Christian-based stance? Nope, no suprise at all, because Jesus told us so already...

"If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." John 15:19 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 05:55:30 am »

Support ... and opposition ... for Chick-fil-A

In the aftermath of the company president’s declaration for traditional marriage, the National Organization for Marriage is calling on people of faith to support Chick-fil-A. At the same time, the mayor of Boston is getting roasted for his opposition to the restaurant chain.

President Dan Cathy, president and chief operating officer of the restaurant chain, recently stated in an interview with a Christian news journal that his privately owned company is "guilty as charged" of supporting what he calls "the biblical definition of the family unit." Jonathan Baker of the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) tells OneNewsNow that Chick-fil-A owners Dan and Truett Cathy are simply taking a firm position based on their faith.

"They've not done it in an objectionable fashion. They've not denigrated people. They simply shared that they are Christians, that they hold with biblical teaching on what marriage should be," Baker points out. "And frankly, they've put a lot of money where their mouth is. They're a great example for the rest of us in supporting marriage."

As Baker points out, the resulting rhetoric against the Truett family has been extremely harsh. That, he says, is why his organization is asking supporters to quietly stand with the restaurant.

"In response to the Cathy family's support for marriage, the National Organization for Marriage is urging Chick-fil-A customers to go ahead and visit their local Chick-fil-A and have a chicken sandwich and share their support for the Cathy family," Baker says. "The two dates are Wednesday, July 25th and Wednesday, August 1st."

He says the "National Eat at Chick-fil-A" days will also send a message that heroes who stand for marriage and family cannot be silenced.

NOM is also currently pushing its "Dump Starbucks" campaign in response to the corporation's support for "gay marriage."

While marriage proponents are standing up for Chick-fil-A, the mayor of Boston is turning thumbs down to the fast-food restaurant -- a move that isn't necessarily popular among his constituents.

Chick-fil-A's owners, who are solid Christians, have received some heated rhetoric from activists recently for taking a firm biblical stance for traditional marriage and against homosexual "marriage." Boston Mayor Thomas Menino says now he will block Chick-fil-A's plans to open a store in Beantown.

Brian Camenker of MassResistance tells OneNewsNow that Menino is strongly pro-homosexual. (Listen to audio report)http://www.onenewsnow.com/uploadedFiles/Media/Audio/2012/07/24/CHARLIEBOSTONVOICER.mp3

"People are really turning against the mayor on this," he shares. "I think even a lot of people who might disagree with Chick-fil-A's issues [are lining up against Menino] because it is so blatantly unfair -- and probably illegal -- what the mayor is doing."

But Camenker notes that Menino does have the power to block needed permits, just as he did with Walmart because the mayor does not agree with Walmart's policy on unions. Walmart eventually gave up.

Camenker says the mayor's tactics are similar to those employed by homosexual activists in trying to silence their opposition. "It's a way of shutting it down -- and it's very offensive and we're contemplating what to do ourselves about it," says the family advocate. "But I can say this: there is plenty of outrage here. It's interesting."

In fact, the editorial staff of the normally liberal Boston Herald has taken exception to the mayor's move, describing it as "an abuse of government power" to issue threats to a private company whose owners "[do] not happen to share the mayor's own personal or political views."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Business/Default.aspx?id=1636824
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 06:08:07 am »

Chick-fil-a and the Irony of the Tolerance Police
By Denny Burk on July 21, 2012 in Christianity, News, Politics

The irony of the tolerance police never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps you’ve heard about their latest sting operation aimed at Chick-fil-a. It all began earlier this week when Dan Cathy, the President of Chick-fil-a, told a reporter that the company was pro-family. He did not mention gay marriage. Nor did he say anything specifically about homosexuality. Cathy simply said this:

We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. We operate as a family business … our restaurants are typically led by families; some are single. We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that. We intend to stay the course. We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.

That doesn’t sound very controversial to me. It just sounds like a Christian businessman answering a question about his faith. Have we really come so far that even these words are intolerable to the tolerance police? Well, apparently the answer is yes. Activists and sympathizers with the gay rights movement are castigating Chick-fil-a and calling for boycotts. Other media outlets have begun digging up past statements by Mr. Cathy, including one from last June about “God’s judgment” on those who wish to redefine marriage. Sensing the rising storm, Chick-fil-a tried to deescalate and released the following clarification:

The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.

It doesn’t sound all that radical, does it? Actually, it sounds rather conciliatory to me. But that hasn’t diminished the outrage of the tolerance police one whit. No, they are still out in full force calling for consumers not to tolerate Chick-fil-a’s intolerance. Calls for boycott continue, and now politicians are beginning to weigh-in. The mayor of Boston has even gone so far as to declare a ban on Chick-fil-a’s in Beantown. Mayor Thomas Menino in his own words:

Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston. You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion. That’s the Freedom Trail. That’s where it all started right here. And we’re not going to have a company, Chick-fil-A or whatever the hell the name is, on our Freedom Trail… If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult — unless they open up their policies.

Apparently, Christian business owners are no longer allowed to express religious opinions in Boston if they run crosswise with the Mayor’s views on marriage. If that doesn’t send a chill down your spine, I don’t know what will. Again, the irony appears to be lost on the good mayor, who also fails to recognize that nothing Dan Cathy says indicates that homosexual persons will in any way be discriminated against at Chick-fil-a. In fact, Cathy says this:

We’re a business that serves the public, all people are welcomed into Chick-fil-A, and frankly we do not feel called to weigh in on a lot of social activism that’s taking place as it relates to the definition of the family, but we do definitely want to encourage strong families.

Do you see how this is going? You don’t even have to mention homosexuality or gay marriage. All you have to say is that you are pro-family, and certain municipalities will exile your business. Welcome to the brave new world of tolerance.

————

UPDATE #1: The reporter who conducted the original interview with Cathy is now saying that Cathy’s remarks have been distorted in the press. Many of those reports spin Cathy’s remarks in a negative direction calling Chick-fil-a “anti-gay.” The reporter says that the term “anti-gay” never came up in the interview. “[Cathy] never even brought up that subject. Everything he stated was on the positive side … He never stated anything negative.” Read about it here.

UPDATE #2: The ostracism continues. The Jim Henson Company has now severed ties with Chick-fil-a and will no longer provide toys for Chick-fil-a kids meals. Here’s the statement from the company: “The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors. Lisa Henson, our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD.” Read the rest here.

http://www.dennyburk.com/chick-fil-a-and-the-irony-of-the-tolerance-police/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 09:59:26 am »

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owner's faith
'Our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage'

The Jim Henson Co., owner of the widely promoted Muppets characters, says it won’t be working with Chick-fil-A any more based on the statement of Christian faith from the restaurant chief that he does not endorse homosexual marriage.

“The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over 50 years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A (sic) that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors,” said a Facebook statement from the company. “Lisa Henson, our CEO, is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A (sic) to GLAAD [ a homosexual promotion organization].”

But one had to read only a few lines in the comments section of the Facebook posting for the crux of the issue became focused.

“I love the double standard that Jim Henson’s company is expressing by not … accepting Christians’ belief in the biblical definition of marriage,” wrote Valorie Phillips.

Added Michele Sparacino, “Lisa Henson you support gay marriage, however Chick-fil-A did not ban giving your toys out. So why would you ban Chick-fil-A. I know for a fact they hire gay people. They just do not believe in same sex marriage… Is that not there (sic) freedom of speech.”

The dispute developed after Dan Cathy, the chief of Chick-fil-A, which was begun by his father, Truett Cathy and now is a $4 billion-plus a year business, recently gave an interview to The Baptist Press and said, “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

The Henson company, which had been working with Chick-fil-A on a promotion of kids toys for kids meals, then erupted with what one outspoken traditional marriage supporter described as “fundamental intolerance of Christians.”

That’s from Peter LaBarbera, of Americans for Truth, who advocates for traditional marriage and defends against the attacks on Christian beliefs that come from homosexual activists.

“You cannot accuse Chick-fil-A of somehow going out of their way to bash homosexuals. It’s a consistently Christian company,” he said. Homosexual activists, however, he said, “cannot abide” the biblical proscription of homosexual behavior, and they have the same attitude toward those to following those teachings.

“You have to look at the history of the homosexual movement,” he said. “It’s all about intimidating. The reason they fear Chick-fil-A is it’s a popular, respected, growing operation.”

“That Cathy actually has the temerity to hold his own beliefs as a Christian [they believe] he has committed some sort of crime,” he said.

Activist Zach Stafford at the Huffington Post stood with the Muppets, noting a “vintage clip” of the Muppets showed a “pretty gay-friendly message from a cow. Interesting connection here is that cows are the mascots for Chick-fil-A.”

“In the video we see Gladys the Cow singing about the diverse possibilities of what all she could of been (sic) instead of a cow, but no matter the possibilities she is still so proud to be a cow. … Though the video does not have any explicit links to the LGBT community, I think we can see some clear similarities between Gladys’ song and the narratives we see around the LGBT community, coming out, and being proud of who you are,” he continued.

However, on the Henson Facebook page, Bill Dyer said it isn’t anything so complicated.

“Chick-fil-A is doing what they believe to be the truth. Christians don’t ban others for what they believe. It seems that it is okay to believe in anything but Jesus Christ and what Christians stand for. Chick-fil-A will be my choice because they have the guts to stand for what they believe,” he wrote.

Henson’s company is just one more such company dependent on America’s families with children to adopt the politically correct support for homosexual behavior.

WND recently reported on the fact that General Mills CEO Ken Powell threw the support of the $15 billion food giant behind “gay” activists urging Minnesotans to deny a constitutional amendment in the state defining marriage as between one man and one woman.

Also, Kraft foods recently featured a rainbow-colored Oreo cookie, along with the caption, “Proudly Support Love.”

See what the biggest companies in the nation are doing to promote homosexuality.
http://www.wnd.com/2011/03/271013/

In June of 2009 President Obama declared June to be LGBT Pride month, and organizations from the Pentagon to cookie confectioners have been making news headlines for supporting Obama’s favorite cause ever since.

Recently JC Penney came under fire from groups like One Million Moms because the department stores Father’s Day catalog featured same-sex duos.

Brian Brown, president of the National Organization for Marriage, said the General Mills position in Minnesota “will go down as one of the dumbest corporate PR stunts of all time.”

“Marriage as the union of one man and one woman is profoundly in the common good, and it is especially important for children,” Brown said. “General Mills makes billions marketing cereal to parents of young children. It has now effectively declared a war on marriage with its own customers when it tells the country that it is opposed to preserving traditional marriage, which is what the Minnesota Marriage Protection Amendment does.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/muppets-bash-chick-fil-a-over-owners-faith/?cat_orig=us&utm
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:09:15 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 10:00:28 am »

Playing chicken: Same-sex Muppets vs. Chick-fil-A
Restaurant getting ready for biggest day ever, recalls kids' meal toys

Hundreds of thousands of people across America are pledging to support Chick-fil-A restaurants in the face of an attack on the company because of an executive’s affirmation that both he and the company support a choice of a biblical lifestyle.

That means funding, lobbying and advocating for homosexual marriage is not in the Chick-fil-A plans, a stunning stand that has drawn the wrath of many progressives, including the Jim Henson Co., which created the Muppets.

But now a Facebook campaign launched by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a candidate for president in 2008, seeking to build support for the chicken-sandwich chain already famous for closing its stores on Sundays so employees can attend church if they choose, is gaining steam.

In an announcement on the social networking site, Huckabee invited Americans to join him on Wednesday, Aug. 1, (some supporters also are advocating an every-Wednesday support) for a “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.”

Earlier today, some 100,000 had pledged to participate, with the company’s fans apparently undeterred by a late-day glitch in Facebook that suddenly deleted the promotion page.

“A number of you are asking questions about the Chick-fil-A event. The event disappeared from my page this morning and we have asked Facebook to look into this. I will update you as soon as I know more. The event is still on and the info should be back up soon,” Huckabee posted late in the day.

The suggestion of a conspiracy wasn’t far behind Huckabee’s statement.

“I shared this event with my friends as well, and it was removed from my page also!” wrote Brea Fincannon Nance. “I am looking forward to hearing what happened. And … I definitely plan to be at Chick-fil-A to stand up for the sanctity of marriage on August 1!!”

Huckabee’s original announcement said, “I have been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick-fil-A company because the CEO, Dan Cathy, made comments recently in which he affirmed his view that the biblical view of marriage should be upheld. The Cathy family, let by Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy, are a wonderful Christian family who are committed to operating the company with biblical principles and whose story is the true American success story.”

He noted the company now is a $4 billion a year effort with more than 1,600 stores.

“The militant homosexual advocates have launched an all out assault on Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A, pushing for a boycott because the Cathy family has contributed to traditional marriage organizations. The attempts to hurt or destroy Chick-fil-A is nothing short of economic bullying. In the name of ‘tolerance,’ there is an effort being mounted to put pressure on people to stop eating at Chick-fil-A. Even worse is the vilification of the company and its employees. The Christian world view of Dan Cathy is being met with intolerance and vicious hate speech,” Huckabee’s announcement said.

“I ask you to join me in speaking out to your constituency via Facebook, Twitter, email, broadcast, etc., to make Wednesday, August 1 ‘Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.’ No one is being asked to make signs, speeches, or openly demonstrate. The goal is simple: Let’s affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, August 1.”

The controversy was founded in Dan Cathy’s comments, and John Hayward at Human Events noted that Cathy responded “guilty as charged” when he was asked about supporting the traditional institution.

“There’s not much doubt, even from the context of this single interview, that Cathy is referring to the union of husbands, wives, and children when he discusses support for the traditional family, but that’s not the same thing as condemning anyone,” he wrote.

He noted it was at another time that Cathy did address homosexual marriage, during a radio interview, when he said, “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.’ I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think we can try to define what marriage is all about.”

Hayward continued that while the two sides of the issue probably never will come to terms, the issue now is not about discussing differences.

“The name of the game being played against Chick-fil-A involved ending the discussion, by ruling one side of this important social debate completely out of order, and dismissing their beliefs as unworthy of respect. All resistance to gay marriage is instantly transmuted into personal hatred of gay people. On the other hand, criticism of traditional marriage proponents cannot be viewed as hateful, no matter how angrily it might be expressed. It’s a rigged heads-we-win, tails-you-lose game.”

Chick-fil-A appears to have taken itself off the soapbox, at least for now, with a corporate statement that said, “The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 restaurants run by independent owner/operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

The company did not respond to requests for additional comment. It did, however, confirm to several outlets that it had recalled children’s puppets that it had distributed in kids meals.

The Miami Herald reported Chick-fil-A voluntarily recalled all of the Jim Henson Creature Shop Puppet Kids Meal toys due to concerns generated by reports that some children had gotten their fingers stuck in the puppets.

The report said the company was offering ice cream cones instead. The report also said the company reported the decision was independent of a slapdown that recently was announced by the Henson company.

That company, the creator of the widely promoted Muppets characters, said it would not be working with Chick-fil-A any more based on Cathy’s statement about his Christian faith.

“The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over 50 years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A (sic) that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors,” said a Facebook statement from the company. “Lisa Henson, our CEO, is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A (sic) to GLAAD [ a homosexual promotion organization].”

But one had to read only a few lines in the comments section of the Facebook posting for the crux of the issue became focused.

“I love the double standard that Jim Henson’s company is expressing by not … accepting Christians’ belief in the biblical definition of marriage,” wrote Valorie Phillips.

Added Michele Sparacino, “Lisa Henson you support gay marriage, however Chick-fil-A did not ban giving your toys out. So why would you ban Chick-fil-A. I know for a fact they hire gay people. They just do not believe in same sex marriage… Is that not there (sic) freedom of speech.”

The dispute developed after Dan Cathy, the chief of Chick-fil-A, which was begun by his father, Truett Cathy and now is a $4 billion-plus a year business, recently gave an interview to The Baptist Press and said, “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

The Henson company, which had been working with Chick-fil-A on a promotion of kids toys for kids meals, then erupted with what one outspoken traditional marriage supporter described as “fundamental intolerance of Christians.”

That’s from Peter LaBarbera, of Americans for Truth, who advocates for traditional marriage and defends against the attacks on Christian beliefs that come from homosexual activists.

“You cannot accuse Chick-fil-A of somehow going out of their way to bash homosexuals. It’s a consistently Christian company,” he said. Homosexual activists, however, he said, “cannot abide” the biblical proscription of homosexual behavior, and they have the same attitude toward those to following those teachings.

“You have to look at the history of the homosexual movement,” he said. “It’s all about intimidating. The reason they fear Chick-fil-A is it’s a popular, respected, growing operation.”

“That Cathy actually has the temerity to hold his own beliefs as a Christian [they believe] he has committed some sort of crime,” he said.

Henson’s company is just one more such company dependent on America’s families with children to adopt the politically correct support for homosexual behavior.

WND recently reported on the fact that General Mills CEO Ken Powell threw the support of the $15 billion food giant behind “gay” activists urging Minnesotans to deny a constitutional amendment in the state defining marriage as between one man and one woman.

Also, Kraft foods recently featured a rainbow-colored Oreo cookie, along with the caption, “Proudly Support Love.”

See what the biggest companies in the nation are doing to promote homosexuality.

In June of 2009 President Obama declared June to be LGBT Pride month, and organizations from the Pentagon to cookie confectioners have been making news headlines for supporting Obama’s favorite cause ever since.

Recently JC Penney came under fire from groups like One Million Moms because the department stores Father’s Day catalog featured same-sex duos.

Brian Brown, president of the National Organization for Marriage, said the General Mills position in Minnesota “will go down as one of the dumbest corporate PR stunts of all time.”

“Marriage as the union of one man and one woman is profoundly in the common good, and it is especially important for children,” Brown said. “General Mills makes billions marketing cereal to parents of young children. It has now effectively declared a war on marriage with its own customers when it tells the country that it is opposed to preserving traditional marriage, which is what the Minnesota Marriage Protection Amendment does.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/playing-chicken-same-sex-muppets-vs-chick-fil-a/?cat_orig=us&utm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 10:57:01 am »

Grant Gustin, 'Glee' Star, Shames Chick-Fil-A For Anti-Gay Donations While Bryan Fischer Vows Support

"Glee" star Grant Gustin might be the latest celebrity to shame Chick-fil-A for its confirmed anti-gay stance, but other high-profile voices are continuing to pledge support for the fast food chain.

Gustin, who plays the openly gay student Sebastian on the hit TV series and also appeared at this year's GLAAD Media Awards, sounded off against Chick-fil-A

Gustin's proclaimed discontent with Chick-fil-A comes at the same time a prominent right-wing pundit has condemned lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights advocates for "trying to go Ahmadinejad" on the Atlanta-based chain, according to Right Wing Watch.

Referring to the LGBT community both as "Big Gay" and intolerant "bullies," American Family Association's Bryan Fischer called on potential customers to "to buy out every chicken sandwich that Chick-Fil-A makes on Aug. 1. Let’s have them run out of chickens, let’s send them out behind the restaurant with an ax to cut the heads off of more chickens to feed people because they are selling so many chicken sandwiches."

Fischer also penned a blog in which he accused the LGBT community of "drafting" the Muppets and "enlisting" Boston Mayor Tom Menino to aid in the "war" against Chick-fil-A. "The bullies at Big Gay have targeted the 'Eat Mor Chikin' chain because its president, Dan Cathy, has taken an unapologetic public stand on behalf of natural marriage, and rebuked this generation for its “arrogance” in thinking that it knows better than God when it comes to the definition of marriage," Fischer wrote. "And so the heterophobic bigots at Big Gay have come unhinged and unleashed the dogs of war."

Late last week, Fischer went even further, touching on reports that Chick-fil-A offered free meals to police officers responding to the scene of the tragic Aurora, Colo. theater shooting:

BryanJFischer

Bryan Fischer
Chick-fil-A provides free meals to first responders in CO. Let's see Big Gay demonize that. http://t.co/RfK2ZUVb

In the wake of President Dan Cathy's confirmed anti-gay stance, the Jim Henson Company announced this week it would no longer partner with Chick-Fil-A, while Menino has similarly pledged to block the company from opening a franchise in his city.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/chick-fil-a-grant-gustin-bryan-fischer-_n_1701909.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 12:55:11 pm »

While I admire Chick-fil-A for taking a stand here, they really need to just get out of this Hegelian Dialectic unending debate and just let these homosexual activists be their foolish and filthy selves. No, they likely aren't intentionally trying to get into a Hegelian Dialectic debate here, but the bible gives specific instructions for Christians over when to talk, when to not talk, getting out of debates, and just letting the wicked be filthy and foolish. The homosexual activitists will have their rewards.

1Co_3:18  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co_14:38  But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

1Co_16:22  If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Gal_1:8  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Rev_22:11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 01:29:08 pm »

While I admire Chick-fil-A for taking a stand here, they really need to just get out of this Hegelian Dialectic unending debate and just let these homosexual activists be their foolish and filthy selves. No, they likely aren't intentionally trying to get into a Hegelian Dialectic debate here, but the bible gives specific instructions for Christians over when to talk, when to not talk, getting out of debates, and just letting the wicked be filthy and foolish. The homosexual activitists will have their rewards.

Really?  Huh Hegelian Dialectic  Huh for having Biblical standards? I think you have been hanging out on PPF a little to long. The media hates this company for having those standards and takes any and every chance it can to knock this place around. This latest attack is just from the owner's personal beliefs. And muppets? really?

Jhn 15:18  If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you. 
Jhn 15:19   If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 01:36:53 pm »

My apologies here - for some reason I had this misconception that Chick-fil-A was having a war of words dialogue with these homosexual groups. I was wrong, after going through the articles.

Thank you Mark for pointing this out - again, my apologies for the misunderstanding here.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 01:53:07 pm »

did you even read any of the stories?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 03:27:18 pm »

did you even read any of the stories?

Yes, but like I said, I had this misperception that Chick-fil-A was doing like I thought it was.

Seriously, we have alot of this Hegelian Dialect nonsense going on(which the religious right deceives their flock to do so, and which is partly why things have gotten more pagan over time), that for some reason when I read these articles, I had this misperception that Chick-fil-A was doing the same.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 05:56:58 am »

Roseanne goes on Twitter rampage against 'Chick'
'Anyone who eats S--t Fil-A deserves to get the cancer that is sure to come'

(Politico) ABC’s The View honored Roseanne Barr with a guest-host spot on July 19, which shows they probably aren’t in the habit of evaluating her sanity based on her Twitter rants. Take her wishing cancer on Chick-Fil-A fans this morning: “anyone who eats S–t Fil-A deserves to get the cancer that is sure to come from eating antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ”.

Read the full story ›
http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/07/barr-chickfila-customers-deserve-cancer-130073.html

WOW!!
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 05:58:14 am »

Chick-fil-A lot turns campground for opening
New outlet triggers 'event' that draws nearly 200, some from hundreds of miles away

(Baltimore Sun) Forest Hill’s new Chick-fil-A restaurant was the site of a pilgrimage of sorts, as nearly 200 people filled the parking lot with tents, camping gear, games and fellowship Wednesday morning.

The day before a Chick-fil-A opening is now known as an “event” for those who drive hundreds of miles, in the early hours of the morning, to spend time with other fellow Chick-fil-A celebrants.

The restaurant on Route 924 will not formally open until Thursday morning, but the building was already brightly lit and bustling Wednesday, filled with staff members, a table set up to welcome visitors and drinks available for everyone.

Spokeswoman Lindsay Ables said 188 people were lined up by 6 a.m., when the restaurant gave out a one-year supply of free meals to the first 100 hopefuls, aged 18 and older.

Read the full story › http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/harford/news/ph-ag-chick-fila-line-0727-20120725,0,7238626.story
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 07:27:27 am »

This is now getting serious traction, this isnt the rejection of Chick-fil-A, this is the rejection and defiant spit in the Lords face for His values. This has nothing to do with a fast food restauraunt, but the Lords values and how He hs commanded us to live. This is going to bring even more Judgment on this country as our leaders get out and activly VOW to reject the Lords Word.

Emanuel goes after Chick-fil-A for boss’ anti-gay views

The anti-gay views openly espoused by the president of a fast food chain specializing in chicken sandwiches have run afoul of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and a local alderman, who are determined to block Chick-fil-A from expanding in Chicago.

“Chick-fil-A’s values are not Chicago values. They’re not respectful of our residents, our neighbors and our family members. And if you’re gonna be part of the Chicago community, you should reflect Chicago values,” Emanuel said Wednesday.

“What the CEO has said as it relates to gay marriage and gay couples is not what I believe, but more importantly, it’s not what the people of Chicago believe. We just passed legislation as it relates to civil union and my goal and my hope … is that we now move on recognizing gay marriage. I do not believe that the CEO’s comments … reflects who we are as a city.”

Ald. Joe Moreno (1st) is using the same argument to block Chick-fil-A from opening its first free-standing restaurant in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood.

Chick-fil-A already has one Chicago store — at 30 E. Chicago near Loyola University’s downtown campus.

“Same sex marriage, same-sex couples — that’s the civil rights fight of our time. To have those discriminatory policies from the top down is just not something that we’re open to. …We want responsible businesses,” Moreno said.

“If he’s in the business of selling chicken in Chicago, he should be in the business of having equal rights for everyone. Period …. If it looks like a chicken, talks like a chicken, walks like a chicken, it’s a chicken. If you’re saying you don’t respect the values and rights of same-sex couples, that trickles down through the organization. … That’s paramount to the way the company behaves.”

Don Perry, vice president of corporate public relations for Chick-fil-A, and senior manager Jerry Johnston could not be reached for comment on the opposition from the mayor and Moreno.

Chick-fil-A has already obtained zoning approval to build a restaurant in the 2500 block of North Elston. But, the company still needs City Council approval to divide the land and purchase a lot near Home Depot.

Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy was quoted last week as saying he was “guilty as charged” for supporting, what he called the “biblical definition” of marriage as between a man and a woman.

“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that,” Cathy was quoted as saying.

Appearing on the Ken Coleman Show, Cathy was further quoted as saying, “I think we’re inviting God’s judgment when we shake our fist at him, you know, [saying], ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.’ And I pray on God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try and redefine what marriage is all about.”

Cathy’s comments have infuriated gay rights activists across the nation, prompting their political allies to take a stand against the company.

Boston Mayor Thomas Menino has said Chick-fil-A “doesn’t belong in Boston” because of Cathy’s discriminatory stance.

On Wednesday, the tag team of Emanuel and Moreno joined the chorus, citing Cathy’s anti-gay views. The only question is whether they have a legal leg to stand on.

“Absolutely not,” said former Ald. William Banks (36th), the longtime chairman of the City Council’s Zoning Committee who presided over a massive re-write of the city’s 1957 zoning ordinance.

“Any alderman can hold a development issue for virtually any purpose. But if he’s doing it for the wrong reasons — if he’s citing a gay rights issue — there’s nothing illegal about that.”

Moreno said he has an ace in his back pocket if he runs into legal trouble: traffic and congestion issues caused by the store that have been the subject of behind-the-scenes negotiations for the last nine months.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/13988905-418/emanuel-goes-after-chick-fil-a-for-boss-anti-gay-views.html

“Chick-fil-A’s values are not Chicago values. They’re not respectful of our residents, our neighbors and our family members. And if you’re gonna be part of the Chicago community, you should reflect Chicago values,” Emanuel said Wednesday.

That is a defiant VOW toward the Lord for that city. And they dare to wonder why their city is such a mess? Why hundreds have been murdered their and gangs run the place? Well there you go, Chicago's values are NOT the same as the Lords Values And Judgment will soon follow.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 07:28:17 am »

Gay Rights Group Petitions Against Chick-Fil-A, Plans ‘Kiss-In’

The gay rights group Equality Illinois is launching a campaign against Chick-Fil-A – petitioning universities and lawmakers to evict the fast food restaurant from their campuses and planning a “kiss-in” campaign by gay and lesbian couples outside Chick-Fil-A restaurants.

The campaign by the group comes just after Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) announced plans to block efforts by Chick-Fil-A to open a second Chicago restaurant, because the company’s president vocally opposes same-sex marriage.

The campaign by Equality Illinois, dubbed “Flick-the-Hate,” urges people to sign a petition geared toward universities and malls that host Chick-Fil-A restaurants.

“As we challenge the company’s anti-LGBT policies, we must also ask these universities and mall owners why they want to do business with a company that holds up hate as a family value,” Equality Illinois says.

Equality Illinois is also urging Chicagoans who support gay rights to participate in an “Eat for Love Day” on Wednesday, Aug. 1. The organization is urging people to eat at a local restaurant that supports LGBT rights and “is unafraid to show its support for equality for everyone.”

The group is asking participants to post where they are planning on eating and sent pictures. Two Boystown restaurants – the Chicago Diner at 3411 N. Halsted St., and the Hearty Boys restaurant at 3819 N. Broadway – are among those participating.

And on Friday, Aug. 3, Equality Illinois is urging gay and lesbian couples to go to their local Chick-Fil-A restaurants for a “kiss-in” campaign, which the group is promoting along with other gay rights organizations nationwide.

At the “kiss-in,” Equality Illinois says, “LGBT supporters will show their disdain for Chick-Fil-A’s policies with public displays of affection in front of their restaurants.”

Chick-Fil-A has drawn a flurry of controversy ever since an article profiling the company ran last week on the Christian news site Baptist Press.

The article notes that some have opposed Chick-Fil-A’s “support for the traditional family,” and goes on to quote Cathy as saying, “Guilty as charged.”

Cathy is quoted further in the July 16 Baptist Press article: “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

Cathy further expressed his opposition to same-sex marriage in an interview last month on the radio program “The Ken Coleman Show.”

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say ‘we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about,” Cathy said on the radio program.

Chick-Fil-A currently operates only one location within the Chicago city limits, at at 30 E. Chicago Ave. on the Loyola Water Tower campus. The restaurant also operates Chicago area locations at the Fox Valley center in Aurora, Orland Park, Schaumburg and Wheaton, as well as several locations downstate.

Chick-Fil-A has already obtained zoning for a second planned Chicago in the 2500 block of North Elston Avenue, in Moreno’s ward. But Chick-Fil-A needs City Council approval to divide the land so it can buy out a lot near a Home Depot nearby, and Moreno says he will not be blocking the company.

Before a City Council meeting Wednesday, Moreno said he has tried to work with the company for months, but Chick-fil-A won’t put its stated anti-discrimination policy into writing.

Cathy’s comments also have drawn the high-profile ire of some elected officials and other companies. Boston Mayor Thomas Menino has also vowed to block Chick-Fil-A from entering his city at all.

“You called supporters of gay marriage ‘prideful.’ Here in Boston, to borrow your own words, we are ‘guilty as charged,’” Menino said in a letter to Cathy, “We are indeed full of pride for our support of same sex marriage and our work to expand freedom to all people.”

Also, earlier this week, the Jim Henson Co., the maker of the Muppets, backed out of a deal to make children’s toys for Chick-Fil-A.

“The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over 50 years and we have notified Chick-fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors,” the company said in part in a statement published to Facebook.

rest: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/07/25/gay-rights-group-petitions-against-chick-fil-a-plans-kiss-in/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 09:28:38 am »

FYI, the founder of Wendy's, Dave Thomas, was a Freemason. Isn't Freemasonry Lucifer's religion? So where's all the outrage over Wendy's?

Or how about McDonald's? Aren't McD's founders occultists? Where's the outrage over them for worshipping the devil?

Or how about Sonic? Look at the name of this fast-food joint closely...Sonic...now add "Ma" to it...you get it? MaSonic? So where's the outrage over Sonic? And doesn't Sonic put SO much fat and grease(much more so than other fast-food joints) into their products? So where's Rosaenne's outrage over this?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 10:02:05 am »

FYI, the founder of Wendy's, Dave Thomas, was a Freemason. Isn't Freemasonry Lucifer's religion? So where's all the outrage over Wendy's?

Or how about McDonald's? Aren't McD's founders occultists? Where's the outrage over them for worshipping the devil?

Or how about Sonic? Look at the name of this fast-food joint closely...Sonic...now add "Ma" to it...you get it? MaSonic? So where's the outrage over Sonic? And doesn't Sonic put SO much fat and grease(much more so than other fast-food joints) into their products? So where's Rosaenne's outrage over this?

Huh where did or does any of those companies express a Biblical foundation in anything?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: