End Times and Current Events
April 16, 2024, 02:18:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Women are a "mystery" to British physicist Hawking

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women are a "mystery" to British physicist Hawking  (Read 600 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:58:09 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/women-mystery-british-physicist-hawking-135814776.html

1/5/12

LONDON (Reuters) - The biggest mystery in the universe perplexing one of the world's best known scientists is -- women.

When New Scientist magazine asked "Brief History of Time" author Stephen Hawking what he thinks about most, the Cambridge University professor renowned for unravelling some of the most complex questions in modern physics answered: "Women. They are a complete mystery."

The wheelchair-bound Hawking, who only recently retired from a post once held by Isaac Newton, talked to the magazine in the run-up to celebrations for his 70th birthday about his biggest scientific blunder and his hopes for modern science.

Hawking is due to celebrate his 70th birthday on Sunday with a public symposium entitled "The State of the Universe" at the University of Cambridge's Centre for Theoretical Cosmology.

Hawking heads a list of speakers including British Astronomer Royal Martin Rees, Nobel Prize-winning physicist Saul Perlmutter and Kip Thorne, one of the world's leading theoretical physicists.

(Reporting by Paul Casciato, editing by Steve Addison)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:02:41 am »

What does the bible have to say about women?

1Co 11:3  But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Gen 2:21  And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Gen 2:22  And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Gen 2:23  And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man
Report Spam   Logged
Meek_n_Mild

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:43:53 am »

In a universe full of equality but not sameness,

Scientists fail to understand the meaning of interaction, the meaning of the parable of the talents.

God doesn't want us to slow down, break down, lose our love for living -- he wants to energize, help us, cause us to "mount up with wings as eagles", to cause the "small and weak to displace the mighty and the strong", for the "those things which are not to bring to nought the things which are".

God's universe is utterly dynamic; much of it is a product of interaction and not simply a "state of being" or a constant.
The only constants are the laws established by his will, his Son, his faithful angels, and his Word to us.
Everything else is in flux!

Unfortunately, it would seem that modern man is too chemically and genetically broken to fully appreciate God's universe.
I suppose Hawking is trying to appreciate it, but I doubt even the Omega Point theory will wake him up to God.
I really hope that Hawking learns that during his life he has had to evolve to do without normal things other men enjoy,
like being able to care for his wife.
His losses helped him develop other gifts, and guess what -- many scientists aiming to prove or disprove a theory (biased approach to science lol) end up proving the opposite of what they assumed was true about the universe.
This too is a function of amazing quantum physics -- the idea that things know where they need to be and how to get there, but the path is always different for each individual.

Smiley

God please help the scientists get "wise" in the Word.
Then and only then will their eyes be opened enough to help the human race.

Back to women -- women are here in one regard to teach men the importance of "scale" and "measurement".
A man who treats his family harshly won't receive much love.
Women are there to teach men that the utmost force is not always superior to a well placed or measured action.
Archimedes taught us that as well.
God does not waste -- and as Elijah saw, God can be very easy to miss because sometimes he is quiet.
Good scientists usually notice that the natural world does most of the speaking for him.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:33:02 pm »

Back to women -- women are here in one regard to teach men the importance of "scale" and "measurement".
A man who treats his family harshly won't receive much love.
Women are there to teach men that the utmost force is not always superior to a well placed or measured action.
Archimedes taught us that as well.
God does not waste -- and as Elijah saw, God can be very easy to miss because sometimes he is quiet.
Good scientists usually notice that the natural world does most of the speaking for him.

Hmm, not sure where that comes from, but it isn't from the bible. My bible says...

"And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." Genesis 2:18 (KJB)

All any of us are to do is to exhort each other to seek the Lord, to read His Word. We are to love God and neighbor, any "teaching" comes from the Spirit, not man or woman.

"But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 (KJB)

13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 
14   He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you. 
John 16:13,14 (KJB)

There is no such thing as a "good scientist"...

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God." Mark 10:18 (KJB)

20   O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane [and] vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 
21   Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace [be] with thee. Amen. 
1 Timothy 6:20,21 (KJB)

Report Spam   Logged
Meek_n_Mild

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 01:10:08 pm »

Wasn't this thread about Stephen Hawking's views on women?
SO let's discuss that...

Q. What makes women special or significant?
If you can successfully apply all those verses to something Hawking said in the above article,
please do that.
Because I have read my Bible and nothing I said in my post conflicted with it --
In fact when Archimedes and Elijah lived, the New Testament did not yet exist on planet earth.

Archimedes' life was dedicated to mathematics and sensible measurement,
and Elijah spent his life interacting with God and God's people --
both of them learned about God but the spiritual legacy of Elijah lasted in a way that bears living fruit.

Stephen Hawking will find that his "great ideas" are quickly replaced by newer ones, and that the "old truths" from the Bible and human history (i.e. humans know that the divine exists and worship it) don't conflict with quantum physics.

I understand the eagerness to defend the faith, but "zeal without knowledge" hurts Christians just as much as nonbelievers.
Hawking has a lot of zeal, but because of his limiting beliefs, he has less knowledge than he will ever know.
He thinks that Christians are the ones who are limited because of what they believe.
The truth is that Christians refuse to deny God, and science is trying to bury him.
Therefore any scientist who is working against the tidal wave force of the godless mainstream is doing a "good job" and I do NOT need to be told verses about how to define the word "good".

This conversation is far beyond such simple concepts; at this level we are discussing details, sharing the assumption of a common starting point which is faith in Christ Jesus.

P.S. I am surprised no one pointed out a popular "scientist" using the word "mystery" inappropriately.
Women are no "mystery", they are beautiful, lovely, necessary, and a nice relief from rigor.
Why, Hawking seems hostile to anything he doesn't understand, especially the Lord.
It would seem that Sir Hawking could be a member of a Mystery Religion, in fact!
Because mystery religions often revolve around fertility and childbirth, like the cult of Semiramis --
a twisted fertility cult with Oedipus stuff  Sad.  I would not be surprised if many "mainstream" scientists were into an offshoot of Satanism in some form.
Many might not realize it.

P.P.S. I didn't see one verse from Song of Solomon in that tirade. Isn't that part of the Bible too? It's chock full of reasons to love and appreciate women. Especially the smart ones. Solomon was the wisest Old Testament ruler we know of post-flood, and he wrote an entire book of the Bible just about women.

Are Christian men ignorant of the joys of "fairness" in marriage? "Fair" doesn't mean "equal responsibility" -- it means RESPECT.

Smiley

I know of one more man who really loved women: Jacob. He worked 14 years to pay for Rachel. And who was the mother of Joseph, second to the Pharaoh of Egypt? Rachel. Was she worth it, Kili?

Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss

(don't hate me for being a curious catty female!!)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:29:43 pm by Meek_n_Mild » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 01:34:52 pm »

Where in your post is the Word of God? I'm not seeing it. You posted a ot of words, all of which are your's, and you even go so far as to say this lie...

Therefore any scientist who is working against the tidal wave force of the godless mainstream is doing a "good job" and I do NOT need to be told verses about how to define the word "good".

Really? You claim a belief and out of the same mouth claim a person doesn't need the Word of God?

From the less than charitable response, it appears you are a woman, correct? And just what does the scriptures say about deception and not telling the truth?

"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." 1 Corinthians 4:5 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 02:34:39 pm »

FYI on Stephen Hawking-

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/2977814861.html

MEDIA ADVISORY, Sept. 2 /Christian Newswire/ -- According to professor Stephen Hawking, God didn't create the universe. Instead, nothing created everything. However, according to the author of the book, Nothing Created Everything -- the scientific impossibility of atheistic evolution, Stephen Hawking has violated the basic laws of science. Ray Comfort created an international storm of angry protest from the atheist community in 2009, when he gave away 170,000 copies of Charles Darwin's On Origin of Species to 170,000 students at 100 of the top universities in the United States, as well as universities in England, Australia and New Zealand. The book contained a 50-page Foreword, in which Comfort gave the case for creationism.

Report Spam   Logged
Meek_n_Mild

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 03:48:25 pm »

Hawking is a good example of science gone wrong. I hate to put Einstein in that category, but he put himself in it when he helped build the bomb.
Thank you for this quote -- I wrote a rather rude article in response to Hawking's claims about "banishing God".
I said "it's difficult to banish from inside the circle", i.e. we wait on God, and not vice versa; we cannot "control" God's will.
Physicists, some of them, hope to gain more control over the universe by understanding its pieces and interactions.
Control without virtue is terrible tyranny, and technologies enabled by such entities as IBM, Microsoft, CERN, and others may ultimately give far too much control to forces with an unhealthy interest in herding and hurting humans -- as you all know.
Some writers call the culmination of this science "Satan". Others call it the "World Brain".
One could be very much the other, thanks to technology.
Technology counterfeits everything that is beautiful about quantum functioning and reduces it to linear function, at times.
Human dependence upon computers and so-called "central Intelligence" is counter to the idea of just and lawful living --
surrender of control to an unrighteous or amoral entity, no matter whether human or machine or the Antichrist himself, constitutes the annihilation of free will.
Free will can co-exist with faith because obedience is so hard! Free will trains the inner person to respond to input.
We seek God and react to Him in our lives, as Christians.

People like Hawking would rob you of everything special and personal about your relationship with the Lord!
He doesn't content himself with mere belief, or the word of God and others, but insists on settling the issue himself,
as if one physicist could answer all of life's questions with a silly particle discovery?

As Neil Gaiman once said of the downfall of science, "Men cutting up apes is no surprise. But do you think they can impale its soul on their knives, extract its dreams from its head?"

The technology these men pursue would attempt to do just that -- impale the very soul of God on their knives.
Good for Him, he is too crafty for their blind stabbings in the dark. Spoken like a Jew  Cheesy

P.S. Kilika I do love the Bible, it's just that sometimes people do interpret and prioritize differently, or seek different kinds of spiritual knowledge from it.
I guess I should focus more on righteous living, that is true, but my brain demands a certain amount of daily activity as well and sometimes people do make mistakes or draw strange conclusions -- it is called "thinking" and God never said thinking was a crime. We are not to dwell on evil, but answering questions isn't dirty.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:50:09 pm by Meek_n_Mild » Report Spam   Logged
seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »

i think i remember a few years back hawking's ex-wife divorcing him due to physcial and mental abuse. which i don't know.
Report Spam   Logged
Meek_n_Mild

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 04:27:05 pm »

i think i remember a few years back hawking's ex-wife divorcing him due to physcial and mental abuse. which i don't know.
my uncle is a wheelchair-bound (well almost!) quadruplegic and was recently divorced for similar reasons!
This is a terrible affliction that can make people very bitter.
Even though some brains can learn to adapt to limited mobility,
there is a part of these poor people (the immature ones anyway) that still sort of looks down on the able.
The disabled have a lot to deal with, and sometimes it's too much for their families.

I would not be in the least surprised if the mental toll of the physical deterioration associated with Hawking's condition destroyed his marriage. And without the Lord Jesus Christ to give grace, love, mercy, and guidance to this couple, they would not able to weather the test of life together any longer in a meaningful way. Hawking's path is taking him away from the Lord, mentally.

I think this is why Solomon says, rejoice in the wife of your youth, and seek the Lord while you are in good health,
because when old age (the golden bowl and silver cord) and mortality dull our edges, what is inside us really starts to show.
Those without the Lord risk total self destruction. Sad

It's sad the way the media parades a sick man in his decline on national tv, too. It's like watching Bill Nye (another icky deceiver btw).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 05:44:57 pm »

P.S. Kilika I do love the Bible, it's just that sometimes people do interpret and prioritize differently, or seek different kinds of spiritual knowledge from it.
I guess I should focus more on righteous living, that is true, but my brain demands a certain amount of daily activity as well and sometimes people do make mistakes or draw strange conclusions -- it is called "thinking" and God never said thinking was a crime. We are not to dwell on evil, but answering questions isn't dirty.

Thank you for your explanation. maybe I should have prefaced my post with saying that this is a Christian-based site, thius our focus here is on the end times as it relates to our faith. So, seeing that we as believers are exhorted to "think on these things", we are to spend time focusing on the Word, and how it relates to the end times and current events of the day, that means scriptures.

What is "these things"? It is the Word of God.

We do have posts here that quote secular people, as a matter of showing the hypocracy, in passing in a news story, etc, but ultimately, I could care less what a secular scientist thinks or says. This isn't the place for promoting what the unbelieving say. If a believer is to quote anything, the most edifying thing to quote is the scriptures. The Word is all that matters.

Jesus says, "Feed my sheep".

"If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if [he ask] a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?" Luke 11:11 (KJB)

"If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained." 1 Timothy 4:6 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Meek_n_Mild

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 10:20:41 pm »

It isn't my place, but nonetheless I do try to counter-argue occasionally when Hawking releases his abhorrently rude statements about religion.
He seems to have a very personal vendetta against God; perhaps he is obsessed with why things have to be as they are,
and what particles account for fate/circumstance, and if pain can be prevented.
Pain is a consequence of sin, and pain is a side effect of free will as well -- when one organism sins, the others suffer too!

I guess Hawking doesn't realize, there are many believers who actually feel pity for him, yet realize that he has received many blessings, such as the opportunity to speak to a large number of people. Even those who are wrong manage to educate us by their painful example.

As to the comments above about Christians and what they should write, well, I guess I don't understand the need for article postings when people aren't permitted to discuss them.

If you condensed my long posts you could sum it up with: "Stephen Hawking would be well served to read the Song of Solomon" and he might not think of women as being so strange. Solomon was able to phrase his joy for living in such a way that the reader is drawn into the experience and can enjoy it.

God gave Solomon the gift of gab, and trying to limit any believer who tries to edify, explain, or otherwise exhort, is a bit unwise.
There are far too many Satanists getting published by "Christian" presses and destroying churches through programs like "Purpose Driven" to bother with persecuting people for talking about Stephen Hawking.

Wink

Everyone has interests and Stephen Hawking's weirdness is one of mine. Heh..
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: