End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 01:02:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Joel Osteen just hates the name Jesus.

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joel Osteen just hates the name Jesus.  (Read 8037 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:43:54 am »

In this short clip with New-Age nut job Oprah, just how mant times did he have to share the truth in Jesus's name? The only conclussion you can draw here is that Joel hates the name of Jesus and the truth of the Bible.

VIDEO: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/oprahs-next-chapter-joel-osteen-homosexuality-sin-video_n_1193263.html

Pastor Joel Osteen reaches millions through his sermons, and he tries to preach in a more positive way than some of his notable contemporaries. But because he doesn't focus on sin in his sermons doesn't mean that he doesn't believe in it. He clarified his stance on sin and homosexuality on "Oprah's Next Chapter" (Sun., 9 p.m. EST on OWN).

"Sometimes we look at gay being a bigger sin than being proud or not telling the truth," Osteen said. "I don't think God categorizes sins." While he sounded almost reluctant to come out and say it directly to Oprah Winfrey, Osteen did confirm that he sees homosexualty as a sin, based on what he's read in scripture. But his point is, that it isn't necessarily a bigger sin than so many others, and therefore perhaps it shouldn't be emphasized and sensationalized as such.

He also said that he believes homosexuals can get into Heaven, just as other people with sin in them can. Forgiveness is a big part, but "To think that we're all going to be without one sin?" Osteen mused. "I hope that's true, but I don't think any of us would make it to Heaven.

Amazing how many times he had in this short discourse to proclaim the good news and promote Jesus! Yet each time he doesnt.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man." Matthew 15:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 06:30:26 am »

Joel Osteen: Mitt Romney Is a 'Believer in Christ Like Me'

Joel Osteen, pastor of America's fastest growing megachurch, has reiterated his opinion that GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is a “believer in Christ like me” and that the former Massachusetts governor's confession of Jesus as the Son of God is “enough” for him.  Osteen, senior pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, told CBS’ Charlie Rose Monday morning, “What I see about Gov. Romney is that he says ‘I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He’s raised from the dead and he’s my savior.’ I see him as being a believer in Christ like me.”  And “that’s enough for you?” Rose questioned. “That’s enough for me,” Osteen stated. “There’s differences in all religion. I realize that Mormonism is different from Christianity, but you know what he’s a man of faith and values. And to me that’s strong.” Evangelical pastor Robert Jeffress made headlines in October for his “Mormonism is a cult” statements during a political event.  Jeffress said that Mormonism is not in line with the historical tenets of Christianity and is considered a cult among mainstream Christians. 

http://www.christianpost.com/news/joel-osteen-mitt-romney-is-a-believer-in-christ-like-me-67297/

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:33 am »

Hey Joel!!! The Mormon Jesus isnt the Jesus of the Bible. Why dont you wipe that stupid grin of yoru face and actually read the Bible to see what it says, that way you would have a little discernment.
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:12:13 am »

Not trying to defend Osteen, but it seems like modern day Churchianity has lost their discernment over this issue as well.

2 years ago I commented to someone that Mormons believe Jesus and Lucifer were brothers, and he thought I was crazy and had no time on my hands.

It just seems like with all the "influential" evangelicals that are getting the limelight today, I hate to say it, but you can't help thinking that they're where they are b/c they happen to represent the same beliefs the modern-day church shares with them.

100 years ago, Billy Graham wouldn't have been the least bit tolerated in ANY church. Now? They're like, "Well, he speaks decent doctrine, and the gospel is getting out, so maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt for the gaffes here and there he makes". And for that matter too, someone commented to me recently that Joel Osteen's money ends up channelling out to good ministries b/c it's God's will that bad people's money gets into the hands of good people. *sigh* Whatever...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:14:55 am »

Joel Osteen Addresses Accusations of Teaching 'Watered-Down Christianity'
Lakewood Church Pastor: 'My Goal Is to Make God Good'

At the Night of Hope event, however, Osteen talked on some serious issues in his first ever sermon at the Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu.

"I think, for years, people have been pushed down by religion, and I don't say that disrespectfully, but they've been shown a God that you can't measure up to," the Texas pastor told the crowd, according to the Hawaii News Now.

"And so, my goal is to make God good and let them know, hey, I tell them all the time, God's smiling down on you right now. You're his child. He's got a great plan for your life. You can overcome mistakes, and to me, that draws people TO God," he continued, adding as the crowd cheered: "You are victors, not victims!"

Osteen also addressed some of his statements that homosexuality is a sin and accusations that his sermons only focus on receiving prosperity from God – which some critics interpret to mean money. The Lakewood Church pastor, and bestselling author, has been identified as one of America's wealthiest pastors.

rest: http://www.christianpost.com/news/joel-osteen-addresses-accusations-of-teaching-watered-down-christianity-68817/

The pastor's visit to Hawaii has been generating a lot of buzz in the state. KITV.com reported that hundreds came out to meet him at a book signing at Kahala Mall last week.

"Unbelievable. It means so much to me. He touched my heart," said Betty Anzalone on meeting Osteen.

"I'm so excited he just shook my hand. He's so loving and kind and I feel it generate out of him," added Barbara Schade

The "Night of Hope" event tours various cities around the U.S., and is scheduled to go on for several more months. The event tour is led by Osteen and his wife, Victoria Osteen, who joins him on stage for many of his sermons.

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 08:52:43 am »

^^^

I wonder how Osteen and his followers will react when the global economy crashes? Will Osteen run for the hills? Will his followers continue to have faith that they will be blessed with material wealth?
Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 01:53:29 pm »

VIDEO: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/oprahs-next-chapter-joel-osteen-homosexuality-sin-video_n_1193263.html

But his point is, that it isn't necessarily a bigger sin than so many others, and therefore perhaps it shouldn't be emphasized and sensationalized as such.
Joel is blind to the truth; sodomy is God's judgment.

Rom 1:28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 02:35:15 pm »

Joel is blind to the truth; sodomy is God's judgment.

Rom 1:28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I have a real hard time believing that he has actually read the Bible. Is he a creationist?
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 02:55:24 pm »

Why do you marvel?

14   And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 
15   Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. 
2 Corinthians 11:14,15 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 04:05:56 am »

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 02:14:59 pm »

Joel Osteen to Produce Movie About Mary

Megachurch pastor and best-selling author Joel Osteen will produce his first movie, considered the biblical prequel to the story of The Passion of The Christ.

That is a movie whose story comes from the catholic mystic Anna Katharina Emmerick

Israeli actress Odeya Rush will play the role of Mary in Mary, Mother of Christ, which Lionsgate will distribute in North America next year, Variety reported.

"Mary is portrayed as a brave, faithful young woman who readily embraces her divine destiny regardless of the sacrifices and hardships she must endure," said Osteen, whose best-selling books include Your Best Life Now and Every Day a Friday.

Rush joins actors Julia Ormond and Peter O'Toole in the movie, to be directed by Alister Grierson. The original screenplay for Mary, Mother of Christ was written by Benedict Fitzgerald (The Passion of The Christ) and Barbara Nicolosi, Variety said. Mary, Mother of Christ is produced by Mary Aloe of Aloe Entertainment and Shawn Williamson of Bright Light Pictures.

Besides Osteen, Mike Dolan and Ben Barton of Smithfield Street Productions, Alan Weinberger of the ASCII Group, the Samaritan Group and philanthropists Frank Carlucci (former U.S. Secretary of Defense), Mike Connell, Robert Gottlieb, Mike Nead and Herb Lande will also serve as executive producers, Variety reported.

Filming is scheduled to begin this summer in the Middle East.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/33521-joel-osteen-to-produce-movie-about-mary?utm

What was wrong with The Passion of the Christ movie 
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,1323.0.html

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:21:08 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 02:24:20 pm »

philanthropists Frank Carlucci (former U.S. Secretary of Defense),

Well there you go! No, of course it's not propaganda! They wouldn't do that would they? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 04:21:06 am »

Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 8:54PM NOTRadio
Today's Show: JOEL OLSTEEN, PASTOR & EXECUTIVE PRODUCER

Chris discusses a recent story about how Joel Osteen has signed on as the executive producer of a new film titled, "Mary, Mother of Christ," written by the screenwriters of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ." The new film is said to be a prequel to the Gibson film, obviously putting it in line with Catholic teachings about Mary. Has Osteen gone over to Rome? Also, a 14 year old radio host says teens are "becoming gay" because of the influence of President Obama.

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_Osteen_06.11.12.mp3
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 04:29:51 am »

Has Osteen gone over to Rome?

All those groups are in the end the same bunch of unbelievers, so yeah, he's a RCC mouthpiece, and ultimately a friend of world government.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 05:21:47 am »

Chris discusses a recent story about how Joel Osteen has signed on as the executive producer of a new film titled, "Mary, Mother of Christ," written by the screenwriters of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ." The new film is said to be a prequel to the Gibson film, obviously putting it in line with Catholic teachings about Mary.

Watch and see if the Protestants and Pentecostals turn out in big numbers to see the film.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 05:30:29 am »

Watch and see if the Protestants and Pentecostals turn out in big numbers to see the film.

Why wouldnt they? They turned out big for the Passion, i went and saw it. Wish i knew going in though that it was all from a Catholic witch.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 08:24:06 am »

Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 8:54PM NOTRadio
Today's Show: JOEL OLSTEEN, PASTOR & EXECUTIVE PRODUCER

Chris discusses a recent story about how Joel Osteen has signed on as the executive producer of a new film titled, "Mary, Mother of Christ," written by the screenwriters of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ." The new film is said to be a prequel to the Gibson film, obviously putting it in line with Catholic teachings about Mary. Has Osteen gone over to Rome?

This is news? Of course he's been with Rome from the outset, b/c he is of his father the devil!

Also, a 14 year old radio host says teens are "becoming gay" because of the influence of President Obama.

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_Osteen_06.11.12.mp3

Eh...it's not like it happened overnight...the seeds have been planted for some 20-30 years now(since Reagan was President), and remember the MSM in the 90's reporting stories over openly gay HS teens. It's pretty much that the final nail in the coffin is being put in now since Obama became President.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 08:26:15 am »

Why wouldnt they? They turned out big for the Passion, i went and saw it. Wish i knew going in though that it was all from a Catholic witch.

Even worse, the MSM was playing alot of the Hegelian Dialectic - in one corner, you had Franklin Graham(yes, 33rd Mason Billy's son) "defending the faith", and in the other corner, you had a Catholic priest being VERY offended over those bloody scenes of Jesus getting crucified. And the debates just went on and on and on.

Personally, I saw it b/c everyone else in Churchianity circles recommended it.

They also turned out in big numbers for the "Narnia" movies, despite all the witchcraft in it. And throw in the "Lord of the Rings" movies as well that they tried to paint as "christian"(despite its occult ties).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:28:01 am by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 02:46:16 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 04:00:36 am »

"Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:47 am »

Have you read Gail Ripplinger's "New Age Bible Versions"?

Believe it or not, the seeds for the "prosperity gospel" were planted with Wescott and Hort, which itself has ties to the occult/New Age. So pretty much hate to say it, Osteen pretty much represents alot of these 501c3 pastors who use the NIV and other perverted bible versions. So ultimately, what Osteen is doing is nothing new(he just happens to get alot of publicity the other 501c3 hireling pastors don't).

Alot of these "discernment ministries" want to make you believe otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 09:07:31 am »

Have you read Gail Ripplinger's "New Age Bible Versions"?

Believe it or not, the seeds for the "prosperity gospel" were planted with Wescott and Hort

Just more proof hes a Roman Popish Fob
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 08:15:00 am »

Joel Osteen Pressed on Homosexuality; Says He Didn't 'Choose to Be Straight'

Evangelical Christian pastor Joel Osteen attempted to defend his views on homosexuality in a televised interview Thursday, saying that he believes homosexuality is a sin and not "God's best." Toward the end of the interview, Osteen affirmed that he did not "choose" to have an heterosexual orientation.

MORE: http://www.christianpost.com/news/joel-osteen-pressed-on-homosexuality-says-he-didnt-choose-to-be-straight-81964/

"I know I have not chosen to be straight, I feel like that's who I am," Osteen responded.

"I don't understand all those issues so, you know, I try to stick on the issues I do understand. I know this: I'm for everybody, I'm not for pushing people down. … I don't know where the fine line is, but I do try to stay in my lane," Osteen added.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/joel-osteen-pressed-on-homosexuality-says-he-didnt-choose-to-be-straight-81964/#ThpGgs6SmDfLRA4q.99

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 09:24:32 pm »

"Joel Osteen Ministries Leveraging Social Media to Move the Gospel Forward"

"Joel Osteen leads America's largest church and is one of the most popular megachurch preachers and Christian authors in recent times. Pivotal to his ministry, based in Texas, is its social media outreach that attracts millions of followers across several networks.

"As is the goal of any ministry, Joel Osteen Ministries seeks to reach as large an audience as possible. The tactics differ between the social media platforms, but the overall goal is the same as Pastor Joel's goal which is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to plant seeds of hope around the world," explained Andrea Davis, sr. director of Media Relations/Social Media for Lakewood Church/Joel Osteen Ministries.

"Social networking is an effective means for reaching large numbers of people and for allowing those people to share Pastor Joel's important message with even more people within their respective networks," she added, calling social media "a great witnessing tool."

Starcount, a data aggregator that tracks worldwide activity across social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, consistently ranks Joel Osteen Ministries in the top three of its the daily Religious Figure Chart. Osteen's ministry is often sandwiched between fellow Christian organization Joyce Meyer Ministries and Amr Mohamed Helmi Khaled, an Egyptian Muslim activist and televangelist who manages to outrank both ministries on Starcount's all-time Religious Figure Chart.

Adding thousands of new supporters monthly to its 1.3 million Twitter followers and 2.8 million Facebook fans, one might be surprised to learn that Joel Oseen Ministries' social media team consists of only two people, although they do manage with outside help.

"We have social media platforms for both Joel and Victoria Osteen which are maintained through the Media Relations Department," Davis told The Christian Post, explaining that she oversees her department with the help of one staff person and an outside communications firm.

"In addition, Lakewood Church and many of its individual ministries (such as the Men's and Women's Ministries, Youth Ministry, etc.) communicate via social media which encompasses more than a dozen respective social media platforms," she added.

Davis says Pastor Osteen often gets involved and "is very hands-on. He reviews each post and reads the responses."

"He likes to keep up with what people are saying on social media," the media relations director added.

Osteen is known for focusing his sermons, books and everyday messages on personal empowerment and success. The description on Joel Osteen Ministries' Twitter profile says it provides "Daily inspiration to help you live the life of victory and abundance that God intended for you," and the ministry's Facebook page declares likewise. But its upbeat messages aren't a hit with everyone.

The Texas megachurch preacher is often criticized by some in the Christian community for teaching a Gospel message void of sin and suffering.

When asked last year by The Christian Post for his response to accusations that his teaching of the Gospel is purely health and wealth, or prosperity, Osteen shared his definition of "prosperity" but also emphasized his belief that the Bible teaches that God rewards obedience.

"The way I define it is that I believe God wants you to prosper in your health, in your family, in your relationships, in your business, and in your career. So I do … if that is the prosperity Gospel, then I do believe that," he said.

Those very messages are what seem to resonate with the multitudes that consistently tune into Osteen's Internet and television broadcasts, purchase his many books and follow him on Facebook and Twitter.

Among Joel Osteen Ministries' Twitter fan base are pop stars, Hollywood A-listers, politicians, athletes and fellow Christian ministers who retweet the ministry's many bite-sized tweets, such as:

"Don't allow negative people to steal your joy. When you lose your joy, you lose your strength" – retweeted more than 8,000 times with responses like "true," "yes," and "love it."

"God is fighting your battles, arranging things in your favor, making a way even when you don't see a way" – retweeted by more than 7,000 Twitter users.

Social media analytics service Track Social revealed last year that among the top 10 most daily re-tweeted brands on Twitter, Osteen's ministry ranked third, managing to outshine brands like the Miami Heat and CNN. Joyce Meyer Ministries emerged as the most re-tweeted, or interactive brand, on Twitter.

Similar messages on Facebook, such as "Don't go around thinking about who hurt you. If God is for you, who can be against you," are shared even more frequently, with this specific message shared by nearly 30,000 Facebook users.

The frequent interaction with Joel Osteen Ministries' social media presence "tells us the messages are resonating with people, and more importantly being shared with others," according to Davis.

In addition to the supporters of Joel Osteen Ministries are dozens of detractors who have launched fake social media accounts parodying Osteen's feel-good messages, which is a common occurrence on social networks. While organizations like Twitter employ a verification service to check the legitimacy of certain identities, essentially anyone can log on and pretend to be someone else.

Another drawback for organizations attempting to harness the social media platform is often the wasted time and resources invested into platforms that are here one day and gone the next, which Davis admits is a challenge. But despite the hurdles, the media relations director says it is exciting the way social media can be leveraged to move the Good News forward.

"There are challenges at times with the length of characters, the open environment, and technology flaws," Davis admitted to CP. "But we are living in an exciting time where the Gospel can be shared around the world in a split second. The benefits far outweigh the challenges."

Osteen, who takes his "America's Night of Hope" event to various U.S. cities throughout the year, continues to look for new ways to implement social media. With the "America's Night of Hope" stop in Miami scheduled for April 20, Davis said the ministry plans to use social networks to engage the 150,000 people who are expected to watch online and log into chat rooms to interact during the evangelism and worship event."

http://global.christianpost.com/news/joel-osteen-ministries-leveraging-social-media-to-move-the-gospel-forward-88832/#0Z2r0Y2sLEARuZQF.99

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 04:25:52 am »

hoax?

Joel Osteen resigns, cites ‘lack of faith’, leaves Christianity

Houston, Texas – CNN.com – April 2, 2013 – In a shocking and surprising development, megachurch pastor Joel Osteen has announced he is resigning from his post and leaving the Christian faith.

In a statement released on his website (http://www.joelostenministries.com), which appeared stripped down and bare, he said he has been questioning the faith for a long time. “I believe now that the Bible is a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times. There is zero evidence the Bible is the holy word of God,” said Osten.

The reaction across the Christian world ranged from shock to grief to anger. “I can’t believe it,” said Jolene McCormack, of Austin, Texas, “he’s the last person I would expect to defect to atheism.”

Some of his parishioners at his Lakewood, Texas area megachurch expressed anger. “We’ve given him so much, and now he’s leaving us?” said Jim Burger, 65, a ten-year member of the church. “We won’t stand for it.”

In recent months, Osteen had demonstrated a willingness to deviate from Christian doctrine, often peppering his sermons with “New Age” references and at one point calling himself “God”.

The incident occurred in February and created a local uproar. Halfway through his morning Sunday service he dropped to his knees and began crying, and then announced, “I am God! I am just as much a God as our Lord is!” The 10,000 members in attendance appeared stunned. Osteen later released an apology, and blamed the outburst on a lack of sleep due to his busy travel schedule.

With Osten’s departure, the church is left with a gaping hole in its leadership. Mack Holdings III, the associate head pastor, will take over in operation and sermon duties for the time being. A press release prepared by the church claimed Osteen is experiencing a “mental breakdown” and seemed to suggest they are unwilling to accept his resignation. “We won’t put up with this,” a congregation leader said off the record. “This guy’s made millions off of us, we’re not going to let him just take our money. We know his net worth is in upwards of $50 million.”

In the church parking lot on Sunday, a crowd gathered to hold a prayer vigil. “We’ll pray for him. He’s come under the influence of the Devil,” said Margaret Samson, a twelve-year member of the church. “We will go on. But we need him. We can’t do this without him.”

http://joelosteenministries.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/joel-osteen-resigns-cites-lack-of-faith-leaves-christianity/
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 04:29:27 am »

yeah hoax Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxVo9wV5CtA&feature=player_embedded

A special message from Pastor Joel

Friday, March 29, 2013

"Thank you for visiting. As many of you may know, and may have heard in the news recently, many of my sermons have deviated from traditional Christian doctrine. I have been accused of altering the 'message' to fit my own doctrine and dogma. Others have accused me of preaching 'feel good Christianity'. I have also been accused of profiting greatly from my ministry, with my books and television deals.

Many of their criticisms are legitimate.

What they don't know is that deep down in my heart, for a number of years now, I have been questioning the faith, Christianity and whether Jesus Christ is really my, or anyone's, 'savior'.

I am now at the point that I am comfortable enough in what I believe that I am ready to announce to the world that I am no longer a Christian. I am no longer a believer in Christ. I no longer believe the Bible is the word of God.

I believe now that the Bible is a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times. There is zero evidence the Bible is the holy word of God. In fact, there is zero evidence "God" even exists. I believe I am more like God than the God of the Bible, a fictional character. 

Today, I informed my closest colleagues of my decision to leave the church. Our ministry will continue in a bare-bones fashion as we liquidate our assets and fulfill various financial obligations.

I want to thank my wife, our parishioners and our faithful followers, the City of Houston, Lakewood, the State of Texas and my close friends, Oprah Winfrey and Larry King, for all of our support over the years

We're also having some trouble transferring ownership of some of our web sites, so as of now, I haven't been able to update everything on all of them. I'm dealing with some church leaders who refuse to accept my resignation. They are refusing to change or alter any of our many web sites, and this is the only one I have control over."

Pastor Joel also plans to donate a percentage of his fortune to charity.

Join us for A Night of Hope for Joel, a fundraiser for Joel, in Houston, Texas on April 20, 2013.

http://www.joelostenministries.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 06:03:10 am »

Im pretty sure thats a hoax, the web sites addresses arent the same as to his real websites.

Real website

http://www.joelosteen.com/Pages/Home.aspx

fake website

http://www.joelostenministries.com/

But hopefully this will wake some people up to his false teachings and new-age lies that he is spreading.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 05:00:42 am »

Apparently it is a hoax...

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/joel-osteen-turns-other-cheek-internet-hoax-143435452--abc-news-topstories.html

Joel Osteen Turns the Other Cheek on Internet Hoax

By ABC News | ABC News Blogs

It may be a little late for an April Fools' Day joke but that didn't stop some on the Internet from pulling off an elaborate hoax targeting televangelist Joel Osteen, which included telling his many followers that he was denouncing the Christian faith.

On Monday, a website posing as Osteen's official webpage unveiled a "special announcement," claiming the pastor of the Lakewood Church in Texas was leaving the Christian faith and bashed the Bible for being a "fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book."

Osteen spoke with ABC News overnight and said he found the entire hoax mildly amusing.

"You know, I'm really not angry. I don't feel like a victim," Osteen said. "I feel too blessed, that life is too short to let things like this get you down."

The fake website also rolled out a video complete with a screen grab of CNN's website with the headline. "Pastor of mega church resigns, rejects Christ." A Drudge headline proclaimed, "Osteen: I am no longer a Christian."

The bogus site featured a letter title "I am leaving the Christian faith."

"I believe now that the Bible is a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times. There is zero evidence the Bible is the holy word of God. In fact, there is zero evidence 'God' even exists," Osteen was falsely quoted saying in the letter.

There was an accompanying Twitter account that has now been suspended.

True to form, Osteen is turning the other cheek and spinning this bit of adversity as part of his core message.

"You can't stop everything from happening, but you can choose to say, 'God, it's in your hands'. I'm going to move forward. I'm going stay full of joy and I'm going enjoy this day," Osteen told ABC News.

While the leader of the 45,000 member church is adopting a forgiving attitude, he did not rule out taking some sort of legal action.

The website's domain was registered to a group called BMG Enterprises in Milwaukee and it went live on April Fools' Day. It appears that information was also fake.

BMG did not return ABC News' request for comment.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 05:57:04 am »

Joel Osteen and In-N-Out (Redux)

http://marc5solas.com/2013/07/20/joel-osteen-and-in-n-out-redux/

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: