End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 08:27:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Joel Osteen just hates the name Jesus.

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joel Osteen just hates the name Jesus.  (Read 8029 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 06:04:09 am »

The state of Texas has a lot of megachurches in it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 05:58:22 am »

Joel Osteen: God ‘Absolutely’ Accepts Homosexuals

In a recent interview with the Huffington Post, megachurch speaker and author Joel Osteen advised that he believes God accepts homosexuals, and that he doesn’t want to “tell everybody what they’re doing wrong.”

Osteen sat down this week with host Josh Zepps to promote his new book Break Out: 5 Keys to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life. The two discussed a variety of issues, from Pope Francis to fighting poverty to whether unbelievers can go to Heaven.

“You say here… ‘It doesn’t matter who likes you or doesn’t like you; all that matters is that God likes you. He accepts you; He approves of you,” Zepps stated, reading from Osteen’s book. “Is that true for gay men or true for homosexuals?”

“Absolutely,” Osteen replied. “I believe that God’s breathed His life into every person. We’re all on a journey. Nobody’s perfect.”

“The Bible says that sin is pride, sin is selfish ambition,” he continued. “We tend to pick on certain things, but I believe every person is made in the image of God, and you’ve got to accept them as they are as they’re on their journey.”

Osteen then explained his belief that Christians should exemplify kindness to the world, rather than “pushing people down.”

“Again, the Scripture teaches the way people are going to know His disciples is for our love for one another, and so, I’m not preaching hate [or] pushing people down,” he stated. “I’m not here to tell everybody what they’re doing wrong.”

Osteen was later asked if he believes unbelievers can go to Heaven. He replied that he believes Scripture states that Christ is the way, but that he is not the judge of who is allowed to enter.

“As a Christian pastor, the only thing in Scripture that I see is that a relationship with Jesus will get you to Heaven,” he replied. “Now, do you have to be a certain denomination or something like that? I don’t know that, but I do know that I’m not the judge of who gets to go Heaven. What I see in the Scripture is that you have to have a relationship with Jesus. That’s why He came.”

“Someone who believes in the monkey god is not going to Heaven then,” Zepps commented, referencing the 1.2 Indians in the world, many of whom practice polytheism.

“I don’t claim to understand who’s all going to Heaven,” Osteen replied. “I just believe and I teach in all my messages that when you have a relationship with Christ–that’s the reason why He came, to have a relationship with him that is the guarantee from Heaven.”

“People don’t all believe like me; they see it bigger,” he added. “I believe God’s mercy is very big. I thank God I’m not the judge of who gets to come. Only He can, but that’s the way I see it.”

While some have applauded Osteen for the way in which he responded to Zepps’ questions, others have expressed deep concern. Dr. Michael Brown, host of the Line of Fire radio broadcast, and author of the forthcoming book Hyper-Grace, told Christian News Network that Osteen “offers affirmation for sinners–of all kinds–rather than a call for transformation.”

“If he meant that God accepts us the way we are and that’s it–no repentance or changed life in Jesus required, then I categorically disagree,” he stated. “Paul says plainly in 2 Timothy 2:19, ‘Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.’”

Brown said that Osteen missed an opportunity to encourage those who struggle with homosexual temptations that Christ came to free men from the power of sin.

“If Joel Osteen had made himself clear and given a full, biblical message, which, sadly, he often fails to do, this could have given hope to those struggling with homosexuality, as well as brought the fear of the Lord to those who believe homosexual practice and Christianity are compatible,” he stated. “t’s so important that we open the door wide to all those identify as LGBT, telling them Jesus died for them just as He died for the rest of the world and there is new life and new hope in Him.”

Brown said that he is concerned that there are those like Osteen who preach a humanistic Gospel, which “starts with me and tells me what God can do to please me,” instead of a biblical Gospel, which “starts with God and tells me what I can do to please Him.”

“While I appreciate Joel Osteen bringing a personable, smiling face to the TV screen in the name of Jesus,  I’m deeply grieved by the man-centered, cross-avoiding message that he preaches, and because of his great influence, he is greatly accountable,” he stated. “We should pray for God to get hold of him in a radical way and raise him up to be a preacher of righteousness.”

http://christiannews.net/2013/10/04/joel-osteen-god-absolutely-accepts-homosexuals/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 02:26:09 am »

...and that he doesn’t want to “tell everybody what they’re doing wrong.”

Hey Joel, you ever heard of the judgement seat?  Roll Eyes

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" 1 Peter 4:17 (KJB)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:27:50 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 09:51:50 am »

Joel Osteen’s gay problem: The religious right is history if he can’t solve it

Evangelicals need to tone down their views to stay relevant. The slick Houston pastor is showing them how it's done

Joel Osteen has a problem,Yep, and his name is Jesus one that all Evangelicals in the U.S. are facing. The anti-gay position of mainstream Christianity has fallen out of favor with the public. Every reputable poll currently shows uncontested majority support for gay marriage. And the cultural shift happened more quickly than the churches can follow.

The Huffington Post’s Josh Zepps recently asked Osteen about this passage from his new book, “Break Out: 5 Keys to Go Beyond Your Barrier and Live an Extraordinary Life”: “It doesn’t matter who likes you or doesn’t like you, all that matters is that God likes you. He accepts you, he approves of you.”

Zepps wanted to know if this included gay folks. “Absolutely,” Osteen offered without missing a beat. Evangelicals are notoriously tricky on the subject. It’s common theology to claim that God accepts absolutely everyone because being gay is viewed as an affliction, not an identity. What makes Osteen’s statement so unusual is his claim that God “approves” of gay folks.

The Texas megachurch pastor has always been relatively soft on the issue compared to his colleagues, notably the Evangelical behemoth Southern Baptist Convention. In the past, Osteen at the very least claimed homosexuality was unacceptable. He told  Fox News’ Chris Wallace in 2012, “I believe that Scripture says that being gay is a sin, but every time I say that, Chris, I get people saying, ‘You’re a gay hater.’”

Osteen is quite a bit more slippery on the issue than his straightforward answer to Wallace would imply. In the same interview, Osteen immediately followed his anti-gay pronouncement by saying, “Gays are some of the nicest, kindest, most loving people in the world.” Osteen never says a bad word about LGBT individuals without offering some sort of olive branch afterward, often a condescending one. In a particularly weird moment with CNN’s Piers Morgan, he even professed a love of Lady Gaga while his wife prefers Madonna.

Sometimes, Osteen drops the anti-gay facade entirely. In Boston, I once witnessed him personally intervene during a 2011 stop on his “Night of Hope” tour. The decidedly apolitical touring event is a mixture of top-notch live music and inspirational sermons by the Osteen family. During the proceedings, local ministers are invited to offer blessings. One pastor offered a thinly veiled attack on LGBT individuals by rambling on in gendered language about stable heterosexual families.

Osteen rushed the stage claiming God had laid something on his own heart. He proceeded to bless “all families and those we love,” curiously imploring god to help “every single person to find someone to love.” The husband/wife dichotomy of the previous minister had just been passive-aggressively knocked to the floor.

Some Evangelical church leaders are already going the full distance and embracing change. The controversial minister Rob Bell, also a multiple New York Times bestselling author, announced full support for marriage equality earlier this year. But he didn’t end with the endorsement. He pointedly criticized  the Evangelical church for its role in anti-gay discourse: “I think we are witnessing the death of a particular subculture that doesn’t work. I think there is a very narrow, politically intertwined, culturally ghettoized, Evangelical subculture that was told, ‘We’re gonna change the thing,’ and they haven’t … And we have supported policies and ways of viewing the world that are actually destructive. And we’ve done it in the name of God and we need to repent.” The Evangelical Lutheran Church also made history this year by ordaining its first openly gay bishop to a six-year term in May. Many Presbyterian congregations in the U.S. also welcome LGBT parishioners and leaders.

The anti-gay position is becoming increasingly problematic in churches given support for LGBT equality among young people, even including white Evangelicals. Ministers are being forced to either embrace a dying ideology or risk ejection from their churches. The “because God says so” answers derived from the Bible’s handful of homophobic passages are headed the way of biblical slavery defenses, and young Evangelicals aren’t buying. (It’s also of note that the nation’s largest Evangelical denomination, the previously mentioned SBC, was originally formed to protect the rights of slaveholders. They’re sorry now.

Complicating matters further is Catholicism’s recent tonal shift on LGBT issues, which could create a ripple effect throughout the Christian world. Pope Francis made Christians around the world do a double-take when he claimed they were “obsessed” with gay people and needed to get over it, even going so far as to muse, “”Who am I to judge a gay person of goodwill who seeks the Lord?”

It won’t be surprising when Joel Osteen, along with the rest of the Evangelical community, announces an Obama-style evolution on the issue. While some denominations will hold onto existing prejudice until the bitter end, most are likely headed the way of the Evangelical Lutherans. Until then, many Evangelicals across the nation will be forced into an uncomfortable gray area as church leaders furiously argue over an issue the rest of the country already decided.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/03/joel_osteens_gay_problem_the_religious_right_is_history_if_he_cant_solve_it/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 11:31:31 am »

Some Evangelical church leaders are already going the full distance and embracing change. The controversial minister Rob Bell, also a multiple New York Times bestselling author, announced full support for marriage equality earlier this year. But he didn’t end with the endorsement. He pointedly criticized  the Evangelical church for its role in anti-gay discourse: “I think we are witnessing the death of a particular subculture that doesn’t work. I think there is a very narrow, politically intertwined, culturally ghettoized, Evangelical subculture that was told, ‘We’re gonna change the thing,’ and they haven’t … And we have supported policies and ways of viewing the world that are actually destructive. And we’ve done it in the name of God and we need to repent.” The Evangelical Lutheran Church also made history this year by ordaining its first openly gay bishop to a six-year term in May. Many Presbyterian congregations in the U.S. also welcome LGBT parishioners and leaders.

And this has been the Hegelian Dialectic by the Illuminati minions from the get-go - started with the "religious right"/"moral majority" and the "culture wars" that divided the country - only for at the turn of the century for the RR/MM to pass the baton to the "religious left"(Emergent Church leaders Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Rob Bell, Brian McLaren, etc) to embrace this very sodomy issue and put the final nail in the coffin.

As for the RR/MM, their leaders attacked the King James Bible(they called King James a homosexual), and recommended those Vatican perversions which deleted all references of sodomy. Talk about a crafty bait and switch here.

Also to add here - what really hammered that final nail was the Ted Haggard scandal in 2006, which was only 2 or so weeks before the midterm elections - yes, these elections are rigged, but nonetheless it gave the Illuminati minions more ammunition to rig it further for liberalism as public angry really grew over this(and to boot - Churchianity started complaining how their faith got shipwrecked). It was also the same year when Obama really got a lot of national publicity.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 06:38:14 am »

Joel Osteen Releases ‘Your Best Life Now’ Board Game

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” Revelation 3:14-16

Joel Osteen Wants You To Play His Board Game

Joel Osteen preaches “another gospel”. A gospel designed to delight the hearer and tickle their ears. He is to bible preaching what Coca Cola and cotton candy are to a balanced diet – deadly. His “words of wisdom” have more in common with eastern mysticism than they do with the gospel of Jesus Christ. He wants to to imagine all the carnal goodies your flesh desires, then speak affirming words to “bring them to you”.

“God has already done everything He’s going to do. The ball is now in your court. If you want success, if you want wisdom, if you want to be prosperous and healthy, you’re going to have to do more than meditate and believe; you must boldly declare words of faith and victory over yourself and your family” From Your Best Life Now, p.132

Osteen says he offers of ‘message of hope’ but its a false hope that runs counter to the message of biblical Christianity. The bible says that God uses sickness, suffering, disease and loss of goods to refine us and strengthen us. Did you know that?

“If you are believing for your child to find God, go help somebody else’s child to develop a relationship with God. If you’re struggling financially, go out and help somebody who has less than you have … f you want to reap financial blessings, you must sow financial seeds in the lives of others … If you want to see healing and restoration come to your life, go out and help somebody else get well” From Your Best Life Now, pp. 224, 250-51

Osteen says he offers of ‘message of hope’ but its a false hope that runs counter to the message of biblical Christianity. The bible says that God uses sickness, suffering, disease and loss of goods to refine us and strengthen us. Did you know that? Osteen promises you a better tomorrow here on earth. God does not. God is concerned with your life in eternity more than you brief snippet of a life here and now. Osteen tries in vain to give you your best life now, God says you will get your best life in Heaven.

In the New Testament, we are called to a life of suffering for the Lord Jesus Christ. How many times has Joel every preached on that? Next to none. And why? Because suffering doesn’t pay, telling people they are going to get it in the neck if they stand for Jesus Christ won’t fill the seats in a basketball arean of a church.

This is what the bible says about the Christian life:

“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:” 1 Peter 2:21

“Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;” Hebrews 11:25

“Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.” 1 Peter 4:16

“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” Matthew 16:24

As you can see, the perverted theology of Joel Osteen has nothing to do with New Testament Christianity. Osteen preaches a carnal, worldly, fleshly, syrupy false gospel that in no way will save your soul or prepare you to stand at the Judgment Seat of Jesus Christ in that day.

http://beforeitsnews.com/religion/2013/11/laodicean-con-man-joel-osteen-releases-your-best-life-now-board-game-video-2458110.html

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 09:13:06 am »

A board game? A lot of these board games have been used to condition the masses(and even telegraph their punches). That Monopoly game is a prime example.

“If you are believing for your child to find God, go help somebody else’s child to develop a relationship with God. If you’re struggling financially, go out and help somebody who has less than you have … f you want to reap financial blessings, you must sow financial seeds in the lives of others … If you want to see healing and restoration come to your life, go out and help somebody else get well” From Your Best Life Now, pp. 224, 250-51

Been there, done that myself - if anything, this mentality will only SHIPWRECK your faith over the long haul(like it did to me in 2006-2007).

In the New Testament, we are called to a life of suffering for the Lord Jesus Christ. How many times has Joel every preached on that? Next to none. And why? Because suffering doesn’t pay, telling people they are going to get it in the neck if they stand for Jesus Christ won’t fill the seats in a basketball arean of a church.

That's b/c he wants to sell books and fill his pricey auditorium, and make himself rich. He's no different from Alex Jones, really.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 12:06:59 pm »

Joel Osteen preaches “another gospel”.

Yes, he does.

And he's preaching for filthy lucre.

Jesus says, "...freely ye have received, freely give".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2013, 11:10:23 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:57 am »

^^ Just a warning about Keith Thompson(the guy who made this video) - he believes in Lordship Salvation. I listened to like 15 minutes or so of this video a couple of weeks ago, and he made comments supporting it(while showing comments from John MacArthur and Paul Washer - both of whom are LS proponents).

FWIW, I've liked some of Thompson's exposes a lot("Age of Aquarius" which Scott J and Chris White were interviewed in, his exposing of "truth" movement leaders in another one, etc). But nonetheless while I don't think he himself tries to deceive anyone, he uses other bible versions other than the KJB(the NIV and others preach LS), I think he is deceived into thinking this is true doctrine.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 08:16:19 am »

Joel Osteen Tells Larry King ‘Scripture Says Homosexuality Is A Sin.. But I Don’t Want To Preach About It’

King asked Osteen, "What are your views on homosexuality?” to which Osteen replied “The same that they’ve been. I believe that scripture says that it’s a sin but I always follow that up by saying you know what, we’re not against anybody.”   

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/joel-osteen-larry-king-homosexuality_n_4591090.html?utm_hp_ref=religion

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 09:53:01 am »

Joel Osteen Tells Larry King ‘Scripture Says Homosexuality Is A Sin.. But I Don’t Want To Preach About It’

King asked Osteen, "What are your views on homosexuality?” to which Osteen replied “The same that they’ve been. I believe that scripture says that it’s a sin but I always follow that up by saying you know what, we’re not against anybody.”   

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/joel-osteen-larry-king-homosexuality_n_4591090.html?utm_hp_ref=religion

Roll Eyes

That's exactly what these wolves do - COMPROMISE, otherwise they would make themselves too obvious - Rick Warren gave a similar response last month when Piers Morgan asked him the same question. He said how he's against gay marriage, but we should respect gay people, and then he went on to equate that over how we should respect Muslims.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 08:50:51 pm »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/03/11/Joel-Osteens-megachurch-targeted-by-thieves/9001394581433/
3/11/14
Joel Osteen's megachurch targeted by thieves

Thieves stole about $600,000 in cash and checks from Pastor Joel Osteen's Houston church.

March. 11 (UPI) -- Lakewood, the Houston megachurch led by popular televangelist Pastor Joel Osteen, said Monday that thieves had stolen about $200,000 in cash and $400,000 in checks from the church safe.

"We were heartbroken to learn today that funds were stolen from the church over the weekend," Lakewood officials said in a letter to members. They added that the stolen money was limited to funds received during church services on Saturday and Sunday.

The church also said some of the checks and envelopes contained credit card information, and urged weekend attendees to "pay close attention" to their accounts and report any suspicious activity.

Lakewood boasts more than 40,000 members. Pastor Joel Osteen and his wife, Victoria, lead televised services from the church that are broadcast to millions of people around the world every week.

Church rep Donald Iloff, Jr. told the Houston Chronicle that "Lakewood Church is working in conjunction with the Houston Police Department to investigate this matter."

"We do not want to compromise the investigation by commenting at this time,” he said.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:02:23 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 05:28:28 am »

They added that the stolen money was limited to funds received during church services on Saturday and Sunday.

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT a minute! They are claiming they took in $600,000 over ONE WEEKEND? And they said this Monday, which means those checks were hand delivered, not mailed in.

Over 1/2 a million dollars over one weekend?

That leaves me nearly speechless. Either they are raking it in, or they are lying for insurance or whatever. How do you prove you had $200,000 in cash? Or they got a thieve on the inside.

Regardless, that much money over just two days? I assume every weekend is similar in cash intake. That's just insane!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 01:01:25 pm »

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT a minute! They are claiming they took in $600,000 over ONE WEEKEND? And they said this Monday, which means those checks were hand delivered, not mailed in.

Over 1/2 a million dollars over one weekend?

That leaves me nearly speechless. Either they are raking it in, or they are lying for insurance or whatever. How do you prove you had $200,000 in cash? Or they got a thieve on the inside.

Regardless, that much money over just two days? I assume every weekend is similar in cash intake. That's just insane!

Osteen's "church" is the largest one in the country I think(40K members) - not only is raking in $600K in one weekend pretty normal for them, but we're at a point now where Churchianity accepts credit card payments too.

Yes, I too thought when I read this that it was (likely)an inside job - I would think Osteen would have that entire place secured. Also remember news stories in recent months over how there's been credit card fraud et al at certain corporations like Target. Hhhhmmm...maybe Osteen and other Churchianity sects are next in line to prep their pews...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:51 pm »

they are called Mega-Churches for a reason
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2014, 02:29:19 pm »

they are called Mega-Churches for a reason

And don't forget about those Mega-movie theaters that came out in the late 1990's - box office receipts went through the roof b/c people started flocking to them not necessarily b/c they wanted to see particular movies, but all of the "goodies" they put out in it(ie-coffee shops, game rooms, wider variety of food, big screens, big sounds, accepting credit cards, etc) - pretty much another venue for social events.

Mega-churches, Mega-movie theaters, Mega-malls, Mega-bookstores, etc - they're all one and the same.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 03:40:24 pm »

Roll Eyes

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/dollar25000-reward-offered-in-texas-megachurch-theft
$25,000 reward offered in Texas megachurch theft
3/22/14

HOUSTON (AP) — A $25,000 reward is being offered for clues to solving a $600,000 theft from the Houston megachurch led by Joel Osteen.

A Crime Stoppers statement Friday announced the reward in the Lakewood Church burglary case. Houston police say $200,000 in cash and $400,000 in checks were taken from a church safe between 2:30 p.m. Sunday, March 9, and 8:30 a.m. Monday, March 10.

No arrests have been made.

Lakewood Church said the money and checks taken, as well as some envelopes with credit card information, had been collected that weekend. Church officials say there was no data breach and the stolen funds are insured. Credit card information was in donation envelopes.

More than 40,000 people attend weekly services led by Osteen, whose televised sermons reach nearly 100 countries.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2014, 03:52:56 am »

Joel Osteen Denies Being a 'Prosperity' Preacher

Joel Osteen, pastor of the largest Protestant church in the United States, has refuted accusations of being a so-called “prosperity preacher.”

Osteen’s church sees an average weekly attendance of over 43,000 people; he is the author of numerous bestselling books and his sermons are featured weekly on several television networks. Christianity Today reports that Osteen is worth about $40 million.

In the past, Osteen has been criticized for believing in the prosperity gospel, a doctrine that says God financially blesses those who tithe large amounts.

In an interview with the Huffington Post, Osteen said, “I don’t like that term [prosperity preacher]. “I specifically stay away [from the topic of money] because people are already skeptical.”

“But prosperity to me means good relationships, it’s having health, it’s accomplishing your dreams, it’s having money to pay your bills, it’s being blessed so you can be a blessing.”

Osteen emphasized that Christians who are blessed with wealth have an obligation to use money to God’s glory.

“Victoria [Osteen’s wife] and I never dreamed that we would be able to support orphanages and kids and things the way that God has blessed us, but it’s to turn it around and be a blessing to others.”

When questioned about God’s view of money, Osteen said that he believes there is nothing wrong with being rich.

“You look at the Old Testament; Christianity was started with Abraham and it says he was the wealthiest man there. So I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that -- I think God wants you to succeed and excel, but I don’t think you can say ‘Money is my goal, if I’m a Christian well God’s going to make me rich,’ I think that’s the wrong thing. You’re wealthy when you have your health; you’re wealthy when you have people to love. That’s real wealth.”

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/joel-osteen-denies-being-a-prosperity-preacher.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2014, 12:50:04 pm »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Osteen-meets-with-Pope-Francis-at-Vatican-5533805.php
6/6/14
Osteen meets with Pope Francis at Vatican

On the same day his wife took 300 schoolchildren to the Bronx Zoo, Joel Osteen, the pastor of Houston's Lakewood Church, was meeting Thursday with Pope Francis at the Vatican.

Osteen said Friday it was a great honor to represent the pastors of America in the meeting with the pontiff, whom he described as warm, personable and full of joy.

"I like the fact that this pope is trying to make the church larger, not smaller," Osteen said. "He's not pushing people out but making the church more inclusive. That resonated with me."

The unofficial meeting also included Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah; former U.S. Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne; Tim Timmons, a pastor and author based in Newport Beach, Calif.; and Gayle D. Beebe, president of Westmont College in Santa Barbara, Calif., according to the Deseret News of Salt Lake City.

FYI - Mike Lee is a MORMON.

"We had very little time with him," Osteen said. "We were going to have more time, but a cardinal died that morning."

Pope Francis asked the group to pray for him and to pray for peace in the Middle East, Osteen said.

As part of a visit to promote interfaith understanding and ecumenical prayer, the meeting with Pope Francis was arranged by The International Foundation, a private nonprofit organization, Lee told the Deseret News.

Earlier in the week, the 15-member group met with Vatican staff members, toured the Vatican and attended the Convocation of Renewal at Olympic Stadium in Rome, according to a statement from Westmont College.

More than 50,000 charismatic Roman Catholics also attended the convocation, during which the pope knelt on the ground to pray, the Deseret News reported.

The day before the meeting with Pope Francis, Osteen said, he attended Mass in St. Peter's Square with 100,000 people.

"Afterward, (the pope) spent an hour and a half going through the crowd with the Popemobile, greeting people," he said. "It was very heartwarming to see him caring for people."

Osteen said he met the Vatican's secretary of state, Cardinal Pietro Parolin, and had dinner with another cardinal in a stone house on the Vatican grounds. The small structure with magnificently painted ceilings served as the pope's home 600 years ago, he said.

Osteen is scheduled to speak Saturday evening at Yankee Stadium as part of his "America's Night of Hope" tour.

His flight from Rome arrived in New York Friday morning.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2014, 06:42:15 am »

‘Do Good for Your Own Self’: Osteen Says Obedience, Worship ‘Not for God’ [Video]

A recently recorded video is circulating online of Victoria Osteen, wife of megachurch speaker and author Joel Osteen, calling on congregants at Lakewood Church to ‘do good for your own self’ because obedience, the church and worship are not for God as much as for self-happiness.

“I just want to encourage every one of us to realize when we obey God, we’re not doing it for God—I mean, that’s one way to look at it—we’re doing it for ourselves, because God takes pleasure when we’re happy,” she declares in the undated 36-second clip with her husband standing by her side and nodding. “That’s the thing that gives Him the greatest joy…”

“So, I want you to know this morning: Just do good for your own self. Do good because God wants you to be happy,” Osteen continues. “When you come to church, when you worship Him, you’re not doing it for God really. You’re doing it for yourself, because that’s what makes God happy. Amen?”

Osteen is the author of the book Love Your Life, and is “co-pastor” of Lakewood in Houston, Texas. Her husband Joel is known for his motivational speeches and his books Your Best Life Now and It’s Your Time.

Steve Camp, pastor of The Cross Church in Palm City, Florida and former singer/songwriter, told Christian News Network that he viewed the video on Wednesday, and while saddened, he was not surprised at her remarks. He stated that Osteen’s statements were humanistic in nature and antithetical to Scripture.

“It’s the age old sin of idolatry—that it’s not about God, it’s about us,” he explained. “True worship for the humanist is about how we feel at the end of the day and what gives us meaning, as opposed to what gives God glory.”

“When we come to see men happy rather than God glorified, it’s not worship, it’s idolatry,” Camp stated, reading from Psalm 115:1, which states, “Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth’s sake.”

He said that Osteen’s words were essentially blasphemous because they disregard God’s holiness and the way that He is to be worshiped.

“She honestly believes that God exists to make us happy rather than holy,” Camp lamented. “She honestly believes that worship is about our fulfillment rather than His glory. That’s the bottom issue here.”

But he outlined that Scripture commands man to be selflessly abandon themselves to Christ and to not worry about their own lives.

“1 Corinthians so clearly says that whether we eat or drink, do it all to the glory of God. It’s not just self,” Camp stated. “Jesus said … in Matthew 16, ‘Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me.’”

He also pointed to Acts 20:24, which reads, “[N]either count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”

“The Osteens have just inverted that. They think it’s not the denial of self, but the exaltation of self,” Camp lamented. “They’re not trying to pursue a cross; they’re trying to pursue prosperity. And they’re certainly not following the biblical Jesus; they’re following whatever brings happiness and contentment.”

When asked about the dangers of “me-centered” church, Camp outlined numerous concerns. He explained that besides such congregations not being a real church to begin with, “me-centered” churches are based on pragmatism over Scripture, the pleasure of men over the glory of God, and are more concerned with being liked than being truthful. In doing so, such assemblies thrust the Lord of the Church outside of the Church as in Laodicea, as  Christ declared, “[T]hou sayest, ‘I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing,’ and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.”

“The gospel is always counter-cultural. It always runs against that with which man wants to be satisfied and pleased with,” Camp explained. “The me-centered church is about what’s temporal rather than eternal. … The end of worship in a me-centered church has to be money, has to be fame, has to be the pragmatics of temporal culture. Therefore, it won’t do anything to offend a culture.”

“What’s the chief end of man? To bring glory to God and enjoy him forever,” he stated, quoting from Thomas Watson. “I think that’s the thing that’s been lost in our culture.”

Camp, who has spoken with Joel Osteen in the past in exhorting him to be willing to speak boldly about Christ instead of being worried public opinion, said that if he were to encourage Victoria, he would call upon her to repent.

“Repent of this self-oriented, feel good gospel you’ve embraced, and don’t let your life be of any value to you or precious to yourself,” he said. “The chief concern in this life is not us. The chief concern is that we bring glory to God, that we further His gospel, and that we testify of His grace. We’re here to do his bidding.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koIBkYl0cHk&feature=player_embedded

http://christiannews.net/2014/08/28/do-good-for-your-own-self-osteen-says-obedience-worship-not-for-god-video/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2014, 09:51:56 am »

Ephesians 4:17  This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18  Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19  Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 4:20  But ye have not so learned Christ;
Eph 4:21  If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Eph 4:25  Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Eph 4:26  Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27  Neither give place to the devil.
Eph 4:28  Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Eph 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2014, 08:08:01 am »

An Unrepentant Victoria Osteen Says “I Stand By My Remarks”

Victoria Osteen rolls the dice and doubles down on her remarks

“For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,” 2 Timothy 3:2

HOUSTON — Victoria Osteen, wife of megachurch speaker and author Joel Osteen, is standing by her controversial remarks that called upon congregants at Lakewood Church to “do good for your own self” because obedience, the church and worship are not for God as much as for self-happiness.

“So, I want you to know this morning: Just do good for your own self. Do good because God wants you to be happy,” Osteen continues. “When you come to church, when you worship Him, you’re not doing it for God really. You’re doing it for yourself, because that’s what makes God happy. Amen?”

In light of the controversy, Osteen issued a statement to reporters this week, outlining that while she could have selected her words more carefully, she would not recant the core of her message, which was that Christians can find personal benefit in worshiping God.

“While I admit that I could have been more articulate in my remarks, I stand by my point that when we worship God and are obedient to Him we will be better for it,” she stated. “I did not mean to imply that we don’t worship God; that’s ridiculous, and only the critics and cynics are interpreting my remarks that way.”

“Every Lakewood member knows what I was talking about because they have experienced first hand the joy and victory of a Lakewood Church worship service, and the honor, reverence and gratitude we show God,” Osteen added.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=24785

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Just saying...  Shocked

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2014, 06:35:02 pm »

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/19/americas-most-popular-pastor-doesnt-know-the-bible/
9/19/14
America’s Most Popular Pastor Doesn’t Know The Bible

Mega-church pastor Joel Osteen may lead the largest Protestant church in the United States, but a recent Facebook post shows he might need to go back to Sunday school.

A Monday post to his verified Facebook page, Joel Osteen ministries, read: “God said in Numbers 11:23, ‘Moses, is there any limit to My power?’ He was saying, ‘Moses, you saw Me part the Red Sea, stop the sun for Joshua, keep three Hebrew teenagers safe in a fiery furnace, don’t you realize that I can bring water without rain?’ There’s no limit to God’s power.”

As of Friday afternoon, the post had over 317,000 likes and 52,000 shares. (RELATED: Joel Osteen Needs More Security Than A Third World Dictator)

There’s just one problem: According to the Bible, Moses was dead before Joshua asked God to stop the setting of the sun, and long before the three Hebrew youths were burned in the furnace.

The Old Testament Book of Joshua explains that God appointed Joshua as Moses’s successor after Moses’s death (the first sentence literally begins, “After the death of Moses…”), who led the Israelites into battle against the Amorites, during which he commanded the sun and the moon not to move. “So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the people had revenge upon their enemies,” (Joshua 10:13).

The story of the “three holy children,” as the Hebrew youths are sometimes known, is told in the Old Testament Book of Daniel. According to the passage, the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar, who reigned around the 6th century B.C. (long, long after the projected time of Moses), ordered his people to worship a large golden idol, “and whoever does not fall down and worship shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace,” (Daniel 3:6). The three Hebrew youths refused to worship the idol and were thrown into the furnace, but were not burned.

In many Christian traditions this passage is particularly important because it is understood to prefigure Christ — when the king asked whether the three were burned, one of his counselors replied “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God,” (Daniel 3:25).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 08:04:48 am »

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 08:10:33 am »

Cheesy

Worst thing about this is that alot of people fell for it.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2014, 01:13:06 pm »

http://www.examiner.com/article/joel-osteen-endorses-obama-just-before-midterms
Will the real Joel Osteen please stand up?
10/28/14

Joel Osteen, Pastor of the biggest congregation in America, Lakewood Church, declared to the world who he really is by endorsing Obama, despite the fact that Obama's agenda goes against everything true Christians believe. Those of us who are intelligent and observant were not really surprised, as we have known for a long time that Osteen's “I'm okay, you're okay” milk toast sermons are far from Bible-based and do not reflect in any way the beliefs of his father, John Osteen, who started Lakewood Church and preached the uncompromising message of Christ for multiple decades before his death in 1999. Joel Osteen, however he may have started out, is currently nothing more than a progressive in Christian's clothing.

Obama a Christian? Come, come now

Anyone calling President B. Hussein Obama a Christian is a curious thing, as Obama himself no longer even tries to make this claim. In addition, President Obama has stated that we are not a Christian nation and that the Bible is “not adequate for modern life.” He has not yet offered any criticism of the Koran, however. Maybe he feels the violence it promotes IS appropriate for today's modern world.

Honoring those who refute the Gospel

Christians should not be surprised, as the Bible warns that there will be a falling away in the church during the end times, which is the era we are living in right now. The Scriptures state that supposed ministers of the true Gospel will abandon Biblical Christianity in favor of their own mystical, man-centered doctrines. Anyone who listens to Osteen preach can see that that is exactly what he has done.

Oprah Winfrey, a self-professed “new age high priestess,” felt perfectly comfortable sitting in the front row of Osteen's church with her friend, Tyler Perry. (We won't even go there.) Why would any true Christian pastor want to give praise to someone who uses her influence with people around the world to convince them that there are many ways to God, rather than the One Way spoken of in the Bible? Osteen made the following speech when Oprah visited his church: “we are so honored to have a world changer, history maker and one of the great voices of our generation present today. Oprah has brought a friend with her, Tyler Perry, and we are so honored to have you two here and it is great to see what God is doing in your lives.”

What God is doing in their lives? One must wonder to which god Osteen is referring, since it is impossible for Jesus to work in the lives of those who are not his followers. Of course, he also stated that there will be homosexuals in Heaven.

I have a hunch that neither Osteen nor Obama have breezed through the Bible lately.

Oprah Winfrey teaches us about life (insert chuckle)

Now we all know Osteen joined Oprah Winfrey’s “life classes” in 2011, which are nothing more than the teachings of New Age heresy. Osteen was featured on Winfrey’s series, where he offered a message to followers that included no mention of Jesus Christ, forgiveness of sins or the Biblical Gospel.

Winfrey openly promotes a book called “The Secret,” which is based on the occult. It talks about something called the “law of attraction” and eventually leads people to determine that they are their own gods. Obviously, it is up to each individual person to decide what to believe. Unlike Muslims, we do not not want to behead those who don't believe in Jesus; however, if a person professes to be the pastor of a Christian church, he really has no business embracing New Age tenets or indirectly helping to promote books like the “The Secret.” Unfortunately, Osteen felt fine doing just that. http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/Oprah-and-Joel-Osteen-I-Am-Life-Is...

Denies Jesus on the Larry King Show

Osteen also had absolutely no issue with refusing to state one of the most obvious Biblical truths that even those who have only been Christians for a short time believe: That the only way to God is through his Son, Jesus Christ. However, on Larry King live, Osteen danced around a direct question concerning this matter continuously until King eventually dropped it. He was asked if those who do not accept Jesus will go to Heaven and the closest he came to any semblance of an answer was “it's not for me to say.”

Well, actually it is, Joel. Anyone who claims to be a minister of the Gospel and pastor of a Bible based church is commissioned to proclaim that there is one way to Heaven and that is through the Son of God, Jesus Christ. This is something all Christians are commissioned to do, but pastors in particular have absolutely no excuse for hedging on this question, otherwise what is the point of claiming to be a minister of the Christian faith?

Unfortunately, the Gospel is not what Osteen regularly preaches to his television audience or his live congregation. Rather, after hearing him, it is easy to believe that the inspiration for many of his sermons could have very well been “The Secret.” In other words, he preaches the New Age religion under a Christian label. At a time when ministers throughout the country are encouraging people to vote and standing up to persecution, such as that recently dished out by Houston's lesbian mayor, we're hearing about Osteen cheering for Obama and his failed policies. Why not just call yourself what you are, Mr. Osteen? Never mind, it looks like you already have in many different ways.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2015, 02:29:25 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2015, 04:34:40 am »

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2015, 10:33:51 pm »

http://www.christianpost.com/news/megachurch-pastor-joel-osteen-says-muslims-attend-his-church-and-that-his-books-sell-a-lot-in-muslim-countries-140718/
Megachurch Pastor Joel Osteen Says Muslims Attend His Church and That His Books 'Sell a Lot in Muslim Countries'
6/23/15

Evangelical Christian pastor Joel Osteen shared in an interview this week that "a whole group of probably about 50 Muslims" recently visited his nondenominational megachurch in Houston, Texas, and indicated that his inspirational messages on "how to live a great life" resonate with people "in Muslim countries."

"I have Muslims that attend our church and my books sell a lot in Muslim countries as well," Osteen said during an interview with Jeremy Hobson for the "Here and Now" radio program published online Monday.

Hobson had mentioned that he heard Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel express the opinion that Christianity and Judaism had not done "a good enough job keeping an open conversation with Muslims" in the U.S. He then asked Osteen if he has conversations with Muslims, which prompted the preacher to share that he "certainly" does.

"You know, I don't know, I don't get too deep in those kinds of things," Osteen added, "but our ministry is about reaching out to everybody, and so you know, I do have those conversations."

"I had a whole group of probably about 50 Muslims here at the service about two weeks ago, sitting right on the front row. They came, and we have good, good relationships. And I think part of our ministry is, our main theme is Jesus says love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as you love yourself. And I don't try to put people in a box — OK, they're Jewish or they're Catholic, they're this or they're that. I just say, 'you know what, they're somebody that God's put in our path for us to love,' and that's our philosophy," he added.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: