End Times and Current Events
April 17, 2024, 07:07:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Being Homeless Now Illegal?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Being Homeless Now Illegal?  (Read 4425 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:29:44 am »

Church Group Trying to Feed the Homeless Ordered to Stop

Happy Thanksgiving to all, but apparently not for the homeless living at Palm Beach County’s John Prince Park in Lake Worth, FL.

This holiday is supposed to be a day to think of others, which is exactly what church members from Acts 2 Worship Center in Loxahatchee, FL wanted to do.

But when the small group tried to deliver food to the homeless living at the park, a park ranger ordered them to stop.

"God takes care of us,” said Steven Griffin, who’s homeless. “We don't starve. We're grateful."

Griffin and his wife Dominique have lived at John Prince Park in Lake Worth for years, and they're not the only ones.

"You get all these other people coming in,” said Griffin, as his wife nodded in agreement. “I guess it’s because of the economy.”

For that reason, a dozen church members like Tereza Del Rio from Acts 2 showed up with packaged Thanksgiving meals.

"We do a lot of mission trips and helping the homeless and stuff like that,” said Del Rio. “I do whatever I can.”

"We brought our kids out here so they could see what it’s really like for people that are struggling,” said church member Brian Oakes.

And this act of kindness was greatly appreciated.

“We’re grateful you know,” said Kevin Rudd, who’s also homeless. “They hand out; we meet the guys and stuff. They give us a prayer and everything.”

But then, just as the homeless like Kevin were being fed, a Palm Beach County park ranger came up to the church group and ordered them to stop and leave!

“And everybody just went, ‘huh?’” said a confused Rudd.

“It’s very disappointing,” said Brian. “We didn’t intend for this today. We just wanted to give the food and be able to bless people.”

So CBS 12 news walked around Prince Park and followed the church members who just wanted to deliver the remaining Thanksgiving packages. This despite being told by the park ranger they had to leave or else be ticketed.

“Thank you very much,” said a family receiving the food.

“Mr. Park Ranger,” said CBS 12 reporter Israel Balderas, “how are you sir?”

CBS 12 tracked down the park ranger that witnesses say was kicking out the church members.

“I'm not allowed to talk with you,” said the park ranger, also identified as Mark. “You have to take your questions to the administration building.”

“They’re saying that you told some church people to leave,” said the reporter to the park ranger.

“Hi,” waved the park ranger to the camera. “I can’t talk to you; my bosses don't want me to talk.”

Park Ranger Mark said he was ordered to warn the church members that they were violating county ordinances. When he was asked to cite the specific law that gave him the authority to kick out church members from a public park, he couldn’t do it. So he called dispatch to ask for help.

“Channel 12 is here, wants to talk to me about previous activities gone on here,” said the park ranger to dispatch. “And I’m not allowed to talk to them.”

The previous activity being referred to was the ranger telling the church group that they couldn't feed the homeless.

At first, CBS 12 was told only the director of parks would talk on camera, but he wasn't available today.

Dispatch said that feeding the homeless was not a permitted activity by a large group. But CBS 12 asked, “What constitutes an activity and what size is too large?”

CBS 12 waited for Mark’s supervisor, Max Steward, to show up at Prince Park. But that never happened.

“And I’m sorry I couldn't talk with you but they put strict orders,” said the park ranger.

“Mark, you were following orders, is that fair?” asked reporter Israel Balderas

“Yes sir!” said the park ranger, with a sigh.

By the time CBS 12 finished talking with the park ranger, Acts 2 church members were done passing out the food they had. The homeless at the park were thankful for people giving of their Thanksgiving Day to think of others.

Tomorrow, they’ll be hungry again, and if someone tries to feed them, that activity could be a violation of the law. For now…

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_11571.shtml?hpt=us_bn8&utm
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: