End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 11:38:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Peter the Roman conspiracy

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter the Roman conspiracy  (Read 50153 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 05, 2014, 07:47:39 am »

New pope goes ‘old school’

So, Pope Francis is making some wealthy Catholics uncomfortable?

Excellent.

I don’t know how this guy got past a college of cardinals stacked by his two reactionary predecessors. Maybe they thought he was different from the man he’s revealed himself to be. Maybe they finally saw a church in crisis, and a dire need for radical change.

Either way, Francis feels like a bit of a miracle from where this lapsed Catholic sits. In focusing almost solely on our obligations to the poor and powerless, and actually living what he preaches, he conjures the church of my childhood. Its doors flung open by Vatican II, that Catholic church — and those of us who belonged to it — existed to make the world more just.

What joy it was to read his November comments calling trickle-down economics the illusion it is, and speaking of a “deified market” which devours all that stands in the way of profits, including the environment. It’s just the kind of thing that ultimate revolutionary Jesus — remember that camels and needles thing?— might have said if he walked the earth today. The fact that the rising tide has lifted a few boats and capsized most others isn’t exactly news. But hearing the pope say it — in such pointed terms — is a very big deal.

Of course, not everybody is thrilled. From Home Depot founder Ken Langone comes the news that rich Catholic donors like him are balking at the pope’s call for economic justice.

Boo hoo. More whining from poor, persecuted, richer-than-actual-God job-creators. What Francis is preaching is the guts of the faith. The church hierarchy — and most of the rest of us, Catholic or not — lost sight of those values over the last generation. If Francis is making some people uncomfortable about that, then bless him. That’s his job.

And plenty of prominent Catholics of means around here get that.

“He’s not making me uncomfortable,” says Jack Connors, the advertising and health care magnate. “He’s making me proud.” Like so many of us, Connors is amazed at the Argentinian Jesuit’s ascension.

“What he is really saying is, ‘Come on, let’s play fair here,’ ” Connors says, “that maybe we’re not as concerned and as charitable a world or a nation as we pretend to be. That’s leadership.” Francis’s jarring humility, his willingness to embrace those who might repulse others, is “old school,” Connors says. “That is why we signed up for this religion. That is why I go to Mass three or four times a week.”

Construction titan John Fish, vice chairman of the board at Boston College, believes Francis’s installment is “the most important event in the Catholic Church of the past 100 years, and maybe beyond.”

“His message is sorely needed,” Fish continues. “He’s saying we need to talk less about the pelvis, and more about the kindness of people . . . That is a breath of fresh air . . . This isn’t about rich or poor, it’s about how we instill a sense of kindness.”

Developer Thomas N. O’Brien says nobody should be surprised at Francis’s rhetoric. “It may sound revolutionary to people, but to me it sounds very logical and pretty appropriate for our pope to say that.” He hears a challenge in Francis’s words: “Here are the specific things Jesus said, and you should reflect on whether you’re living up to those ideas.” O’Brien says he and his wife ask themselves every day if they’ve done enough, and many times, they come up short.

“It’s pretty powerful and humbling — and scary, frankly,” O’Brien says.

We could use more of that kind of fear. There are so many other things I want to see from this pope: A real reckoning for clergy sexual abuse, an embrace of women at every level of the church, a further acceptance of gays and lesbians. But what a start, making men like Langone and his friends uncomfortable. To those of us who have longed for the church of our remembering, their whiny chorus is like a heavenly choir.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/01/05/new-pope-goes-old-school/5AWpDiMubDIO75v8O5w3JJ/story.html

The Catholic church is itself a wealthy institution. More richer than virtually EVERY country on the planet. Just saying...  Shocked

What joy it was to read his November comments calling trickle-down economics the illusion it is, and speaking of a “deified market” which devours all that stands in the way of profits, including the environment. It’s just the kind of thing that ultimate revolutionary Jesus — remember that camels and needles thing?

Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
Luk 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
Luk 18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

I think the Lord still says that... Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: